moving

Blinded by Love

"Man, I never know whether our professors is dead or sleeping whenever he closes his eyes and zones out like that." Bom shook her head as the four girls walked back to Bom and Daras apartment after class one afternoon. 

 

Minzy let out a small giggle. "Right? That guy is old enough to have seen the dinosaurs." The girls laughed at her joke but stopped when they saw a bunch of men walking in and out of their apartment with boxes full of their stuff. 

"What're they doing??" Bom exclaimed. The girls all furrowed their eyebrows and ran up to the apartment and saw their land lord holding Mihos leash and telling the men where to put the stuff. "Ahjumma, whats going on?!" 

 

"Im sorry girls. Someone bought the two days ago and demanded everyone be out before tonight." The land lord said with a sorry expression looking at the girls. "The movers are here to clean out your apartment."

 

"What?! Are they allowed to do that without our permission??" Dara yelled taking Mihos leash.

"Im afraid so. Since you guys never filled out any paper work to officially buy this place, she has the right." Ahjumma sighed. "Im really sorry girls." 

 

"Oh my god." Bom shook her head and ran her fingers through her hair. "Well what're we supposed to do now??" 

 

"Find another place to live for now. Im sorry again." The land lord woman patted their shoulders and went back into her own house. 

"Where do you want us to put this stuff ma'am?" One of the workers asked. 

"Give me that." Bom glared and snatched the box away from him. 

"Where're you guys gonna go?" Minzy asked as the four of them sat on the curb waiting for the movers to clean out the rooftop house. 

 

"I dont know yet." Dara shrugged depressed. 

"You guys could stay with me until you find another place." Cl offered. 

"Nah. Im sure your parents dont want another set of chatty girls. They work all day and come home tired. We wouldnt wanna burden them." Dara shook her head. 

"We could stay with my parents for a while." Bom said. "Its kinda our only option." 

The girls glumly waited for the workers to bring out their stuff. That took only another 20 minutes becuase Dara and Bom didnt have that much stuff. 

"Thats the last of it." One of the workers said as he placed the last box down on the ground. Two more workers brought down the mattress. They all bowed and left. 

"Great. How're we gonna move all of that?" Bom sighed as she look over at the 6 medium sized boxes and a mattress. 2 boxes were for their food, another for their plates, cups, and utensils, 2 for their clothes and shoes, and the other for their electronics and misc. stuff.

"Well," Minzy piled three boxed on top of each other, "we'll just pile them in your car. And the mattress," Minzy looked over at it, "I think you might have to throw it out." 

Bom pouted and laid down on the mattress. "But...this mattress is my life." She to her stomach and hugged it. 

 

"Alright dude, you can get another life." Minzy and Cl pulled her up. They dragged the mattress by the trashcan and left it there. 

 

Bom dropped Minzy and Cl off at their places and drove over to Boms parents house. 

"Omma?" Bom called when she walked in with their stuff. "Omma." 

 

"Bommie is that you?" Her mom called from the dining room.

"Yeah." Bom responded as the girls set their stuff by the stairs case. Dara sighed and sat on one of the boxes with Mihos head on her lap. Mrs. Park walked out and looked surprised by the girls scene. 

"Whats going on?" Mrs. Park asked. 

"We were evicted." Dara sighed leaned her against the staircase. 

 

"What??" Boms mom exclaimed. "what do you mean you were evicted??"

"As in someone bought the building and kicked us out because we didnt officially own the house." Bom answered. 

"Bwah??" Her mother exclaimed and crossed her arms. 

"Yeah omma. We have no place to go now." Bom sat next to Dara. 

"Yeah we'll see about that." Mrs. Park said angrilly. She looked at the girls and saw how upset they looked and calmed her anger. "How're you Dara?" 

"Good ommoni. You?" 

"Fine. How're the savings going?" Mrs. Park asked. 

 

"Almost there." Dara smiled in a better mood now that she mentioned it. "Only about a thousand away now." 

"Chincha?? Hang in there baby, you're almost there." Mrs. Park patted her on the shoulder proudly. "Hey Miho." Miho barked lightly and walked over to Mrs. Park and cuddled around her feet as Mrs. Parl giggled. 

"Alright guys. Lets get this stuff up stairs." Mrs. Park said as she lifted two of the boxes on top of each other. They moved the boxes up stairs and unpacked some of their items as well. 

"Dara you can stay in Dong Wooks room." Mrs. Park told her. Dara nodded and they hepled her move into his room. 

"Thanks ommoni." Dara smiled. 

"No problem kid. you girls can come downstairs in a bit for lunch. I'll make sandwhiches." Mrs. Park patted them both on the shoulders before going downstairs. 

 

Dara heard Bom sigh and could tell it was a depressed one. She wrapped her arms around Boms shoulders and hugged her. "It'll be alright man." 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Dara!" Jiyong banged on the door for the third time that day. He had gone to see her an hour after they left, went at 4 pm, and then again now at 8. "Dammit where is she??" He ran down the stairs but bumped into someone and fell down. 

 

The person helped Jiyong stand back up. "What're you doing here?" Top asked. 

"Did you forget that Im dating one of the women that live here?" Jiyong smirked as Top chuckled. 

"Is anyone home?" Top asked. 

"Nope. I've been calling Dara all day but no ones picking up." Jiyong sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. 

Top looked up and thought for a second. "come on." He began to run up the stairs.

 

"What're you doing? I already said they werent home." Jiyong said as he ran up after Top. 

"Hush freaky monkey." Top said as he reached the top. 

"Freaky monkey?" Jioyng mumbled to himself. Top put his ear against the door to listen to some noises. Then he took a few steps back and rammed into the door with a loud shout causing the door to break open. 

"HYUNG!" Jiyong exclaimed. "are you insane?!?!" But Top didnt respond. Jiyong furrowed his eyevrows and walked in and gasped. 

"What happened??" Top exclaimed as they stood in the empty house. The little rooftop house was completely empty. The mattress was gone, there werent any posters hanging on the walls, Miho's food and water bowls were gone, and the girls were no where to be seen. Jiyong took a few steps into the kitchen and opened up the cabinets. 

"The cabinets have all been emptied out." Jiyong said. "The fridge too."

 

"Theres nothing in the bathroom or their closet." Top walked out of the bathroom. 

"What the hell is going on?" Jiyong said frustrated and worried. Jiyong started to worry that Dara took the money from his mother. And Top had his own worry about Bom as well. 

-FLASBACK- 

After BOm and Top look the cookies out of the oven, she sat him down. 

"Seunghyun ah." She said. 

 

"hm?" He looked at her wondering why her sudden mood changed. Bom bit her lip and couldnt look at him. "Bom is everything ok?"

She took a deep breath. "I got offered a scholorship to study at Harvard Law in Cambridge." 

Tops stomach fell. "W- what?" 

 

"They called a coupl days ago. They said they had their eye on me for a while and they would love to have me." She explained to him. 

"Oh!" He nodded trying to sound supportive. "Oh..." 

"Yeah..."

 

"Cambridge huh?" He forced a chuckle but she just stared down at her hands and fiddled with them. 

"Should I take it?" She asked and finally looked into his eyes with her big brown ones which made his heart melt. "I told them I would give them an answer by the end of the month....I've always wanted to go to Harvard." 

Top didnt say anything for a while. He took her hand and pulled her close to him. She wrapped her arms around him and they sat on the couch leaning back in each others embraces. "I think you should take it." 

She looked up at him with gleaming eyes. "What?" 

"I said you should accept their offer. Its a great opportunity for you and what kind of boyfriend would I be if i told you to pass something like that up?" He stared back into her eyes.  

"But i'd be leaving you." She said softly as she rested her head back on his chest. 

"We can make it work." He said before kissing the top of her head. 

-END FLASHBACK- 

"No...no no no no." Top shook his head. 

"Whats wrong hyung?" Jiyong looked over at  Top. 

 

". I dont want her to leave." Top sprinted out. 

"What? Bom?" Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and ran after his hyung. They got into Tops and drove to the diner. They barged in and looked around. 

"Bom?!" Top yelled looking around. 

"Top ssi? Whats wrong?" Gummy asked Top when she saw him. 

"Wheres Bom?" He asked. 

"And Dara?" Jiyong asked when he walked over as well. 

"Im not sure. they havent come to work in a few days." Gummy said. "Can you tell them to call us if you hear from them?" 

"Yeah if we ever find them." Jiyong sighed and the boys left. 

 

The guys drove around everywhere looking for the girls. They went to the college, to the cafe they usually went, to the club they found the girls last time, but they were no where to be seen. They couldnt go see Minzy and Cl because they didnt have their numbers and didnt know where they lived. 

"Im gonna ask Boms parents." Top told Jiyong as they drove. 

 

"Boms parents?" Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows. Top nodded and 10 minutes later, they arrived at Mr. and Mrs. Parks house. 

They rushed to the door and rung the doorbel. They heard a dog bark and scratching on the other side as well as voices and feet stepping on the ground. 

 

Mrs. Park opened the doors and saw two panting boys. 

"Seunghyun ah." She said looking surprsed at them. 

"Mrs. Park," He panted, "have you seen Bom?" He said just before Bom and Dara walked out of their rooms and looked down from the stairs. "Bom." 

"Oh? Top. What're you doing here?" She asked like nothing was wrong. 

"What am I doing here?" He asked. "What do you mean what am I doing here?!?! Me and Jiyong just drove all around the city looking for you two!!! Why arent you picking up your calls and why was your house cleaned out?!!? Are you trying to make me go insane?!!?" He yelled to her. Bom stared back at him shocked. 

"Well..Im gonna go get something from the store.." Mrs. Park slipped out leaving the awkward atmosphere. 

 

"Well say something!!!" He yelled. Bom blinked a few times and snapped back. She walked dwon to him as Jiyong charged up the stairs to yell at Dara as well. 

 

"Mianhe." Bom said softly to Top afraid to make him angrier. 

"Mianhe??? I just lost 10 years of my life thinking you left for Cambridge!!!" He yelled. 

"I know Im sorry." She said again and hugged him. "Im here though." 

He sighed and wrapped his arms around her. "Dont scare me like that." 

 

"I know." She said softly. 

"Dont go." He said like a little boy. "I know its selfish. But please dont go Bom." 

"Im not." She shook her head surprising Top. "Im going to reject their offer." 

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows. 

"I cant leave. I mean, Harvard is great and everything, but everything and eveyrone I love is here." She smiled. "Im gonna call them later and tell them Im fine here at Seoul U." 

Any feeling of anger vanished from his body and broke into a smile that went from ear to ear. 

"So dont worry, I wont leave you." She said before kissing him softly. 

 

 

"Jiyong im fine!!!" Dara yelled in her temporary room. He had been checking every part of her body to make sure she was okay. 

"You vanished for a wholde day!! How're you okay?!?!" He exclaimed checking her arms and face for the 50th time. 

"Aish chincha!" She snapped away from him. "I said im fine!!!" 

"Why cant you be like a normal girlfriend and just let me take care of you?!" He put his hands on his hips. 

"Because theres nothing to take care of!! Im not hurt or anything!" She retorted. They both huffed angrilly at each other. She turned away and gave him the cold shoulder. 

"Arasso arasso. Mianhe." He sighed and hugged her from behind. "What happened?" 

Dara loosened up at his touch. "We were evicted becasue someone bought the building and we didnt officially own it so it wasnt illegal." 

"What?" Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her. 

"Yeah. So we're staying here for a while until we find another place." Dara responded and leaned her head back onto his shoulder. But Jiyong was deep in thought. 

-FLASBACK- 

"Yes..that building." He heard his mother say in the kitchen. 

"Are you sure you want that one? Its oretty old and dirty. And its very small." The person on the other line said loud enough for Jiyong to hear who was standing around the corner. 

"I dont care. I just want it. And I would like to make a little rooftop garden so make sure theres nothing up there." Mrs. Kwon said. 

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and clenched his fist. He was really hoping this didnt mean Dara. 

-END FLASHBACK- 

But Jiyong was right, she was talking about Daras building. He wouldve helped her but he didnt think his mother would move so quickly.