first warning

Blinded by Love

It had been a few weeks since Dara had last seen Jiyong. The snow was just beginning to melt and they could feel the warm weather around the corner. 


"Miho yah! Stop the dirty snow!" Bom yelled at Miho who was trying to eat the slush on their porch. Bom rushed her into the car since Miho was fighting with a cold for a few weeks now. 


"Dara hurry up!!" Bom yelled up to the house. 


"I'm coming I'm coming I'm coming!" Dara yelled back as she jumped trying to tie her shoes. She leaned against the wall to quickly pull up her socks and rushed down scratching her elbow on the way down. 


"Dude you're hurt." Bom said when she saw Dara's elbow on the drive to the diner. 


"Oh it is?" Dara put her finger on the spot that hurts and felt the blood dripping out. "Oh ." 


"Here." Bom handed her a tissue from the glove compartment. 

 

"Thanks." Dara took the tissue and placed on the bloody elbow. 


They arrived at the diner and got out. The rain was only drizzling when they left the house but it had began down pouring when they arrived at the diner. 


"Dara let's go!" Bom ran over and grabbed Dara's hand after Bom sent Miho inside. 


Dara grabbed onto Boms hand and they both ran inside. 


"Here." Se7en handed them both towels. 


"Thanks oppa." Dara took the took and began to dry her hair and clothes. "Oppa can you grab me a bandaid as well?" 


"Yeah one second." Se7en answered walking into the back to grab her one. 


"Thanks!" Dara called as she tied her apron on. 


"If you guys came earlier, you wouldn't have gotten soaked!" YG taunted as he walked by. 


"'If you guys came earlier, you wouldn't have been soaked'" Bom imitated YG in a nasally voice that he usually talks in. 


The others around them laughed and continued to work. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

"Mrs. Kwon, Mr. Lee is here to see you." Mrs. Kwons assistant said through the phone. 

"Deh send him up." Mrs. Kwon said rubbing her temples. 


"Deh." The assistant said before hanging up. After a few minutes, the elevator doors opened and out stepped a tall man with dark hair in a suit holding a file. 


"I found out everything I could." Mr. Lee handed her the file, 


"Good work." Mrs. Kwon said opening the file and looking through the papers. 


"Deh." He bowed and left leaving her to look through Dara's file. 

 


--------------------------------------------------------

 


"3 floors, make sure it's inside the limit arasso?" Jiyong told the construction workers who were building the new club. His dad asked him to be there when they started building to make sure they did everything exactly like it was in the plans. 

When the the workers began making the outline for the club, Jiyong slightly wandered off and looked in to the distance at a small little rooftop house. The club was being built about two streets from Dara's house. He stared at it longingly wondering if she was home, how she was, if she was ok. He had tried to call her five times but stopped himself each time to protect her. 


------------------------------------------

 

"We gotta go guys!" Cl told the YG family as her, Minzy, and Bom opened up their umbrellas to go to college. 


"Bye guys!" Dara waved. 


"See ya Dara. Call me when you're going to the bus, get on the bus, get off the bus, and when you get home arasso?" Bom told Dara. 


"Deh omma." Dara rolled her eyes. 


"You better or I'm gonna kill you!" Bom said before Minzy dragged her out before they were late. 


"Yeah yeah yeah." Dara waved them off before sneezing. 


"You ok?" Se7en felt her forehead. "You've been sneezing ever since you came inside." 


"Yeah I'm fine." She sniffed. "It's probably just a cold from from the rain." 

"Maybe you should go home, you're kinda hot." Se7en suggested. 


"Ani ani. I'm fine." She moved his hand away and gave him a confident smile which he didn't really buy but left her alone knowing how stubborn Dara was.

 


-1 hour later-

 

"See ya everyone!" Dara said goodbye to the others. They all offered to take her home but she didn't wanna be a burden so she just used the bus. 


"Dara park ssi?" A mans voice said behind her. 


"Deh?" She turned around. 


"Mrs. Kwon would like to see you. Will you come with me please?" The man asked. "The car is right here. She just wants to talk to you quickly." 


"Uh," she thought for a second not sure. 


"It will only take a few minutes." He held the umbrella over her. 


"Um...arasso, I guess." She nodded and let the man take her to the car not letting go of Mihos leash. 

 

The man opened the door and let Dara go inside. The man waited outside with Miho under the umbrella with the car door still open.


"Annyeonghasayo Dara ssi." Mrs. Kwon said. 


"Annyeonghasayo Mrs. Kwon." Dara bowed her hair. 

 

"I don't wanna waste your time so I just wanna ask, what's your relationship with my son, Jiyong?" Mrs. Kwon asked eyeing Dara. 


"Deh?" Dara asked caught off guard by the sudden question. "My relationship my Jiyong? I don't have any relationship with him." 


"I see. I hope, I hope it stays that way." Mrs. Kwon hinted. "You know what I'm trying to say deh?" 


"Deh." Dara nodded. 

 

"Jiyong....he comes from a very prestigious very. And, how should I say this, you don't. Correct me if I'm wrong." Mrs. Kwon stared at Dara. 


"Deh..." Dara nodded wanting to leave. 


"So, I hope, our little talk today has changed your mindset about him if you had one about him." She told Dara. 


"Deh." Dara slightly nodded.

 

"Good. I won't hold you any longer than." Mrs. Kwon slightly smiled and let Dara out before driving away. 

 

Dara stood there in the rain for a couple minutes thinking about her little meeting with Mrs. Kwon. Dara sighed and walked to the bus stop.

 


--------------------------------------------

 

Dara was walking back in the pouring rain from the bus stop. 

 

"Make the rooms bigger!" Jiyong called telling the construction workers. He glanced to the right and stopped what he was doing. He saw Dara walking home staring blankly at the ground. "Dara?"

 

Dara stopped the lifted her head. "Jiyong?"


He slowly walked over to her. "What're you doing walking home in the rain?" 


"I took the bus." She answered. 

"You look sick." He said placing his hand on her forehead but she sopped him and pushed his hand away. 


"I have to go now." She slightly bowed her head and brushed passed him making him want to hug her after seeing her dripping wet and looking so fatigued. 

 

He watched her walk away and across the streets and up to her house in the distance. 


"Sir, is this ok?" The worker asked bringing his attention back to the construction project.


"Huh?" Jiyong turned back to him and looked at the outline. "Yeah it's fine." 

 

 


Dara walked into the house and buried her head in her hands. She really was burning up. She fell into the bed exhausted making Miho bark like crazy. 


"I'm fine girl." Dara slightly panted. "I'm....I'm ok." Dara said before going unconscious. Miho barked and barked but got no answer from her. Miho ran out the doggie door, across the streets, and up to the construction site. 


"BARK BARK!" Miho barked running towards Jiyong. 


"Miho?" Jiyong squinted his eyes at the dog sprinting towards him in the distance. Miho ran up to him and bit onto the cloth of his pants trying to bring him to the house. 


"What's wrong?" Jiyong asked as Miho ran towards the street, stopped and looked at him. "Uh, I'll be right back guys." Jiyong told the workers. He followed Miho up to the house avoiding cars across the street and what not. 


Miho crawled under the doggie door and Jiyong let himself in. 


"Dara?" He walked over to her who was laying on the mattress on the floor. "Dara are you ok?" 


But she didn't answer. She just laid there unconsciously. 


"Oh Dara!" He exclaimed after feeling her forehead. It was burning up, even for a fever.