the payment

Blinded by Love

Dara excused herself from the group and opened the door to the bathroom. She went inside and closed the door behind her as she leaned on it with her head against the door and her eyes closed. The guys had all scrambled into the bathroom with Top and Jiyong covering Seungris mouth because he wouldn't stop hyperventilating. 


"Don't.make.a.sound. She can hear anything and everything." Jiyong mouthed to the guys which they nodded to still covering Seungris mouth. 


"What's she doing?" Top mouthed to them.

Dara opened her eyes and the sink still in a daze.

"I, Dara." Jiyong said breaking Daras heart. "I dont like you. Im sorry. Whatever nice thing I did for you, that was just my manners. Im sorry if you took that for anything more. I dont have feelings for you like that." He said before patting her on the shoulder and walking away. 

"Stupid stupid stupid!" Dara whispered hitting her head. After she heard Jiyongs voice today at the baseball field, that's all she had been thinking of. Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and slowly let go of Seungris placing his hands down at his side. 

"Ok Dara. If you want Jiyong in your life, you have to act like a normal friend." She told herself nodding. "He doesn't like you and you've gotta get used to that." 

The guys looked at Jiyong nervously as he stared at Dara.  Dara gave herself a little 'fighting' and walked out of the bathroom closing the door behind her.

"Ji-" 

"Let's just try to to get out of here." He said cutting Seungri off. 

Top and Seungri glanced at each other worriedly about Jiyong.

Jiyong looked around and saw a window next to the toilet. He walked over and unlocked the locks allowing him to raise the glass. He stuck his head out of the window and looked down. He saw that their porch went around the whole rooftop so they could just climb out and land on the backside of their porch. 

"Let's go." Ji whispered to the guys as he climbed onto the toilet and swung one of his legs over. He stopped and looked at Top and Seungri. "Are you guys coming or not?" He gritted his teeth.

"Uh. Yeah." Top nodded and nudged Seungri to come on as well. The three guys hopped out through the window as quietly as they could and landed on the back side of the house and porch. 

 

They ducked underneath the window and crawled passed the house making their way towards the stairs. As soon as they were down the stairs, the bolted down the sidewalk towards the cars to get away. 

 

"Oh my god!!!" Seungri yelled when they were far enough away and panted heavily resting his hands on his knees. 

 

"Dude," Top wiped the sweat off of his head, "i know." 

Seungri got a call from the coach at that moment telling him he needed to see him. 

"Arasso coach. I'll be there in a few." Seungri sighed and hung up. "I'll see you guys later." 

"Arasso." Jiyong nodded getting his breathing under control. Top and Jiyong got into Jiyongs car and drove away. 

 

As they were driving, Top kept glancing at Jiyong who had a stolid expression ever since they got into the car.

"Are you o-"

"Not now hyung. I dont wanna talk about it." Jiyong cut Top off. 

"Did Dara confess to you?" Top asked ignoring Jiyong. 

 

Jiyong didnt say anything and just slightly nodded knowing he would've had this talk with Top sooner or later. He just hoped it would be later rather than sooner. 

"And what did you say?" Top asked after seeing Jiyongs nod. 

"I just told the truth, that I didnt like her." Jiyong lied and kept staring forward. Top raised an eyebrow and gave Jiyong an irritated look. Jiyong glanced to Top. "What??"

"You told the truth? More like you lied straight through your teeth. We all know you like Dara. The only people who dont know it are you and her." Top shook his head at his best friend. 

 

"Hyung." Jiyong said sternly. "I have no feelings for Dara whatsoever." 

"Really? Than why do you always stare at her when she's around? Why did you go to Busan with her if you 'have no feelings whatsoever'? Why did you change your mind about coming with us when I told you Dara was gonna be there? Why-" 

"Alright fine!" Jiyong exclaimed. "Im in love with Dara. You happy now??" Jiyong slammed his hands on the steering wheel. "What do you want me to do about it? If my mother ever found out, she would make Daras life a living hell considering Daras wealth status. Do not you remember what happened with Kiko?? I was gonna propose to her and my mom paid her to go away!" 

Kiko had been the first girlfriend he had that wasnt of his status. They fell in love, and he finally introduced her to his mother. When his mother found out Kiko was as poor as Dara, she paid Kiko to run away to the USA. Kiko gladly took the money and left Korea to continue her life in the US leaving Jiyong without even a note or message. 

"Ji. You cant keep looking back on that. Kiko was a , if she really loved you she wouldve fought and stayed with you. But she left as soon as your mother offered her the money! Are you really gonna compare Kiko and Dara?" Top asked him loudly. 

Jiyong didnt say anything since he knew Top was right. 

"I dont know Dara very well but I can tell from the way her expression changes when she's around you that shes nothing like Kiko and she loves you sincerely." Top said when they pulled up to Tops apartment. He opened the door but didnt move yet. "If you love Dara, tell her soon because I dont think she'll wait long. Protect her well if you do." And with that, Top walked away closing the door leaving Jiyong alone with his thoughts and words. Jiyong ran his fingers through his hair and leaned his head back against the seat. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Dara park ssi?" Someone banged on the door a couple days later late in the afternoon. 

"Deh?" Dara opened the door at the familiar voice. Bom walked up behind her with Miho and stared at the strange man in the suit. 

"Can we help you?" Bom eyed him. 

"Mrs. Kwon would like to speak to you again." The man said. "I supposed you remember me yes?" 

 

"Uh, deh." Dara nodded. "What does she need this time?" 

"Im not sure, you would have to ask her that yourself. She's in the car at the bottom of your steps if you would like to come." The man said moving aside for Dara to walk by. 

"What is he talking about?" Bom asked Dara not taking her eyes off of the man. 

 

"I'll be right back." Dara ignored Bom and left down the stairs with the man in the suit. 

 

Bom watched them slightly worried when her phone rang. 

"Yobosayo?" Bom answered the call. 

 

"Good afternoon, I believe," the man on the other end slightly chuckled, "is this Miss Bom Park of South Korea?" The man asked in English with a British accent. 

"Uh, Yes." Bom answered in english. "Who may I ask is wondering?" 

"Ah yes. This is Professor Andy Stewert from Harvard Law in Cambridge. I believe your brother, David, studies here." The man said clearing his throat and introducing himself. David was Dong Wooks english name.

"Oh god. Has he done something wrong? I am so sorry. We'll pay for whatever he did." Bom facepalmed herself just thinking of the stupid things her brother could have done, but the man just laughed in response. 

"Miss Park, your brother has done nothing wrong. In fact, he made it onto the deans list last semester." The man chuckled. 

"What?? He made the deans list?" Bom excalimed in surprise. 

 

"Yes actually. Mr. David is one of our best students studying here." Professor Stewert informed her. 

"So, why have you called then?" Bom asked him. 

 

"This call is about you actually. You're studying to be a lawyer at Seoul U, correct me if Im wrong." He said. 

"No you're right. What about it?" Bom asked. 

 

"Well, we have been watching you for quite some time now and we have come a conclusion." The man smiled. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

"You wanted to see me?" Dara asked when she stepped into the limo for the second time. 

"Deh. Sit down." Mrs. Kwon gestured her to slide in. 

 

"Deh.." Dara nodded and sat down gently. 

"Again, Im going to get straight to the point since I am a busy woman." Mrs. Kwon said sternly. "last time, you told me there was nothing going on between you and my son, jiyong, correct?" 

"Deh." Dara nodded. 

 

"Then why did my workers see him walking into your pathetic little house last Friday, speding hours in there and finally walking out late at night huh??" Mrs. Kwon yelled at her. 

"Last friday?" Dara furrowed her eyebrows. 

Mrs. Kwon laughed out of shock. "You dont remember?? My son left the construction site to go see you!!!" 

 

Dara remember that last Friday was the day she got sick and had that dream about Jiyong. But from what Mrs. Kwon just said, she figured it hadnt been a dream, Jiyong was really there. He had taken care of her when she was sick. But that still made no difference of how he felt about her. He had made himself pretty clear the night of Ji Hyo's homecoming party.

"Mrs. Kwon, with all do respect, like I said before, there is nothing going on with me and Jiyong ssi. We are just two people who meet now and then because we have mutal friends." Dara said as as respectful as she could. 

 

"Really? Than why did he go to Busan with you?" Mrs. Kwon scoffed at the fact that Dara could lie like that. 

Dara didnt really have anything to say to that. If he didnt have any feelings for her, why would he go to Busan, why did he kiss her on the head, why would he sleep with her. Those werent just manners or being friendly. 

 

"Before this thing becomes even bigger, Im gonna make you a deal. I wanna handle this problem, and by problem i mean you, quickly and quietly." Mrs. Kwon said as Dara heard the sound of a brief case opening. 

 

"What is it?" Dara furrowed her eyebrows.

"I know you cant see so im gonna tell you what is in front of me right now." Mrs. Kwon said. "I have a brief case right now in front of me, with about $500,000 (~507,000,000 won). Take and leave. Leave South Korea with this money and you'll never here from me again. But of course, never contact my Jiyong again or speak with him." 

"F- f- $500,000???" Dara gasped with her hand over . 

 

"Yes. From your reaction, I can see you've never had nearly this much money in your life before so here," Mrs. Kwon slid the brief case closer to Dara, "take it but fullful your end of the deal." Dara was too stunned to say anything. 

 

"I also did some research about you." Mrs. Kwon smirked. "I noticed you're trying to save up money for your eye surgery. Im sure this will be more than enough." Mrs. Kwon sighed. "i can give you about 4 days to ponder this over. Im hoping you'll make the right choice." 

 

Dara got out of the car and Mrs. Kwon's limo drove away. Dara leaned against the wall of the stairs and slid down to her knees. She sat there with her knees pressed against her chest with her head down. 

"What have I gotten myself into?" She whispered.