the picture

Blinded by Love

"Mr Choi. Mr Choi wake up!" 

Top's eyes slowly fluttered open. He saw three pairs of eyes staring at him in surprise. 

"What happened?" Top slowly sat up. He looked around and realized he was on the floor of Dr. Kim's office. 

"You fainted." Dr. Kim said helping him up. "Are you alright?"

"Uh yeah.." Top furrowed his eyebrows and blinked many times. "Why did I faint?" 

"Im not sure. I was telling you about how you're kids need to get a few shots and you just kept repeating that you have kids and then out." Dr. Kim explained in concern. 

"Oh yeah...my kids..." Top nodded. "OH YEAH. MY KIDS!!!" He yelled with eyes wider than Lee Sena. Top grabbed his jacket and wallet and sprinted out of the door. 

"Um..sir?" Dr. Kim called as Top ran out of the hospital. "Your kids still need to come in!" But Top was long gone by that point. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-RING RING- 

 

"Hello?" Bom answered her phone as she drove back to her hotel with Leo and Lauren sleeping in the back seat. 

"Where are you right now" Top asked with hurry in his voice. 

"On my way back to my hotel. Why?" She asked confused. 

"We need to talk." He responded as he walked into her hotel and towards the elevator. 

"I have nothing to say to you though." She scoffed with coldness. 

"I think you do." He gritted his teeth before hanging up. He didnt even know why he was so cold to her, he didnt feel angry. Or did he? Top didnt know anymore. All he could think about was those two beautiful children and how he hadnt known they were his all this time. 

 

 

Bom reached her hotel room and saw Top waiting at the door. 

"We have to talk." He said looking at the children. 

Bom stared at him not sure whether to agree or not. But if he came all the way to her hotel, it must've been important. 

"Fine. Let me put the kids to bed and then we'll talk." She finally agreed. 

Bom carried Leo inside with Lauren sleepily walking behind her. She went into their room with two sippy cups filled with warm milk. Top looked around the hotel room and saw that Bom had put a few picture frames up of her and the kids together. 

 

Bom came out a few minutes later and closed the door. She looked at him with confused eyes. "What do you want Top?" 

Top didnt respond right away and just stared a picture of the twins lovingly huggin each other. "...how could you not tell me?" He turned around with eyes filled with light tears. 

Boms breath stopped. "H- how did you find o- out?"

He let out a sarcastic chuckle. "Is the issue here?? I just found out that we have twins! I have a son and daughter!!" 

"Top-"

"I have kids Bom! Dont you think I needed to know that? How could you not tell me?? Do you know how big of a deal that is?? Those kids grew up without their father who didnt know they existed for 5 years!!!" He shouted. 

"Keep your voice down Seunghyun. They're sleeping." Bom gritted her teeth. 

"Why didnt you tell me?!" He yelled a little softer. 

"Oh you have no right to be angry in this situation." She pointed at him angrilly. 

"I dont have a right to be angry?! What about the right to know?? I think I had the right to know that I had kids!!!" He angry glared at her. 

"No you didnt!" She cut him off. "You lost any right you had involving me the night we broke up! We said we never wanted to see each other again!!"

"So thats what it was? You took some stupid words we said to each other and kept one of the greatest things away from me??" 

"Dont you dare act like you wanted kids. You said yourself you never wanted that kind of responsibility in your life and that kids would ruin your career. I was looking out for you!! You never called, you never wrote, you didnt stop me from leaving, you never said sorry, you never even sent me a damn text message!!" She screamed. 

"So why didnt you ruin me huh?? Why didnt you fly back here as soon as you found out you were pregnant and ruin me??" He retorted. 

"Because I still loved you!!! Those 5 years without you killed me everyday that i didnt hear from you or see you. But you know what got me through it?" Bom smiled sarcastically as the tears built up in her eyes. "Bom doesnt mean anything to me! She's just a little hobby ok?? I only dated her because she seemed like a nice girl but come on, you guys are my boys. My team mates! Theres nothing more important than you guys! Boms just a girl, i dont even care about her. She's not that important to me ok? End of discussion!" 

Top stood there struck with guilt. His exact words that he said slapped him right back in the face  5 years later. "...Bom." 

She put a hand up to him. "Just stop. Please. I said I never wanted to see you again and I meant it. Get out Top."

"Bom. Please. Im sorry, just list-"

"I said NO TOP." Bom screamed throwing her hands at her sides. "just....just get out. please. Im begging you."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Good job today everyone." Dara smiled to the other laywers and the jury. 

"Have fun at your wedding Dara ssi!" They all said back. 

She laughed and thanked them. "Thanks everyone. Have fun with the rest of summer!" They all waved goodbye again and Dara left to go home now. 

 

She looked up at the sky and smiled at the beautiful weather. It was just before a big storm and Dara loved that. But she had to get moving now if she wanted to get to Seoul before the storm. It would be very dangerous to drive in this weather that was gonna come. 

Dara got into her car and put the key into the ignition but when she her car, it made some weird noises and wouldnt start up. "What the?" She furrowed her eyebrows and tried a few more times but the same thing kept happening. She got out of her car and checked under the hood. When she lifted the front up, smoke engulfed her causing her to couch rapidly.

"Oh god." Dara coughed and fanned the smoke away from her. "This isnt good." But that point, there was a soft drizzle already. "ugh no no no!!" 

Dara got out her phone and got a car shop that she knew of in Incheon and asked if they could her tow her car over to the shop to get it fixed. 

 

 

"So how long is it gonna take?" Dara asked the worker back at the shop.

"Maybe a day or two." He shrugged checking out the car. 

"A day?" Dara exclaimed. 

"Yeah theres a lot wrong with it. I'll have it done by this time tomorrow at the latest if that makes you feel better." He said. 

Dara bit her lip but had no choice but to accept the fact that she wouldnt have her car until tomorrow. "Alright thank you." 

"We'll call you when its done." He said before Dara and him bowed to each other and she left to call Jaejoong. 

 

 

-RING RING- 

"Hello?" Jaejoong answered his phone just before it was time to go into surgery. 

"Oh oppa." Dara said.

"Oh Dara yah." Jaejoong siad happy that she called. "How did the trial go?" 

"It went well. But listen, my car broke down and Im not gonna get it back until tomorrow. And the closest motel is almost 10 miles away. Do you think you could come pick me up?" She asked as she stood near a bunch of stores and restaurants.

"Oh baby Im sorry. I cant. I have surgeries all day today. Cant you take a bus to the motel or something?" He asked feeling really guilty. 

"There arent really any buses here. But dont worry about it, theres a nearby diner that I can stay until it gets dark and maybe i can ask someone to take me to the motel." Dara told him.

"No wait." Jaejoong tried to think of something. "I'll send someone down to pick you up. just stay where you are for now and they'll be there soon ok?" 

"Arasso. But make sure that person is okay with picking me up. I dont wanna bother anyone." Dara said feeling a little sorry for bothering them. 

"Okay. Are you okay though?" He asked. 

"Perfectly fine." she said with a smile at her caring fiance. 

"alright. I love you. Be safe." He said sending her a kiss. 

"I love you too." Dara smiled. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-RING RING-

"Hello?" Jiyong answered the phone at the grocery store.

"Oh G ah!" Jaejoong said. 

"Hey hyung. whats up?" He asked. 

"Are you doing anything right now?" Jaejoong asked him.

"Not really. Im just grocery shopping." Jiyong said picking up some bananas. 

"Oh great!" Jaejoong exclaimed. "Do you think you could pick Dara up from Incheon? Her car broke down and there isnt a place close enough for her to walk to." 

"Pick Dara up from incheon?" Jiyong repeated.

"Yeah i hope thats not too much to ask." Jaejoong told him hoping he'll say yes. 

"Uh, um..." Jiyong bit his lip. 

"Please!!" Jaejoong begged. 

He sighed and rubed his temples. "Yeah i guess."

"You're the best G. You're gonna find yourself an amazing wife one day just like my Dara." Jaejoong smiled. 

"Yeah..." Jiyong sighed. "Just like your Dara..."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara stood by some stores that had outside roofing that protected her from the light rain. She stood there waiting for her ride to come. 

She looked around and saw a diner that smelled so delicious. "Ah Im so hungry." Dara realized she hadnt eaten since the morning. 

She walked over to the diner and went inside already feeling fuller. "annyeonghasayo." 

"Annyeonghasayo. How many?" The waitress greeted and asked Dara when she walked in.

"Just one thank you." Dara smiled before the lady lead her to an empty table for two. 

"Any drinks?" 

"A coffee please." Dara told her kindly. 

"Deh one second." the waitress went behind the counter to get Dara her coffee. 

"Dara?" 

Dara turned around and saw a small little ahjumma looking at her. "Deh?" 

"Oh my god! It is you!" The ahjumma exclaimed and threw her arms around Dara. 

Her eyes widened not knowing what to do. The ahjumma understood that Dara didnt remember and laughed. 

"You dont remember me?" The ahjumma joked. 

"Mianhe." Dara lowered her eyes sheepishly. 

"dont be darling. But, can you see me now?" The ahjumma asked with a happy expression and her clasped together underneath her chin. 

"Deh..did you know me when I was blind?" Dara asked.

"Mhm. You and Jiyong came here a few years ago for a breakfast date." The ahjumma explained. 

Dara remembered that day and broke into a huge smile. "Ommoni!!!" Dara threw her arms around the ahjumma and hugged her. 

"Aigoo I knew you would remember me." The ahjumma laughed and hugged her back. "Is Jiyong not with you? I havent heard from either of you in years!! Bad kids." 

Dara laughed. "Minahe ommoni. We've just been...really busy." She lied.

"Its okay. Im just happy you got to see me. I really liked you two." 

Dara smiled warmly when she remembered something. "Ommoni, do you still have that picture that me and Jiyong took? I need to see it." 

"Of course! Its still on the bulletin board." The ahjumma pointed to the brown board hanging on the wall. Dara thanked her and walked over to the board. Her heart was beating like crazy, this was the moment of truth. That picture would change everything once her eyes landed on it. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong arrived at the address that Jaejoong had texted him and looked around for Dara. His eyes landed on the restaurant that he used to love coming to. But he couldnt go now or else Dara would realize it was him. 

 

He scanned through the stores and other diners to see where she was when his landed on a scene that made his breathing stop: Dara talking to his favorite ahjumma. The ahjumma pointed at the picture board and Dara walked over to it. 

"Oh ." Jiyong cursed and ran into the store. He had to stop Dara before she found the pictures. 

 

 

Dara looked through the pictures when she finally found it. 

But she only got to see it for only a second because a hand covered her eyes. 

"Oh? Kwon Jiyong!" Jiyong and Dara both heard the ahjumma call his name. Dara removed the hand from her eyes and turned around coming face to face with Jiyong.