YG Diner

Blinded by Love

"Palli Bom ah! Palli!" Dara said to Bom in the passenger seat as she tried to tie her shoes. 

 

 

 


"Im going! I'm going!" Bom said driving faster. Cars beeped at them as they zoomed past. "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING YA LITTLE !!" Bom yelled out the window. "YAH!" Bom yelled. "Miho yah! Stop scratching the seat!!" Bom yelled to Dara's seeing-eye dog in the back. 

 

 

 

"Bark bark!" The dog barked back and walked forward to them. 

 

 

 


"Miho yah, go back to your seat!" Dara told her dog as she patted her head. 

 

 

 


"We're totally getting fired today." Bom stressed driving faster.

 

 

 


"Just say that my eyes were hurting and he'll let us off." Dara winked. 

 

 

 

Bom smiled and turned into the parking lot where they worked. 

 

 

 

"We're here." Bom said to Dara. Dara unbuckled her seat belt and felt for the door handle. She found it and opened the door. She moved her hands across the van and found the back seats door handle. She opened it to let Miho out. 

 

 


"Are you gonna be ok?" Bom asked her as she hurriedly tied her hair. 

 

 


"Yeah, Miho will lead me in, go in and and punch our cards in!" Dara told Bom. 

 

 

 


"Arasso! See you inside!" Bom yelled running in. 

 

 

 

"Bark bark!" Miho barked. Dara reached down and found her leash and grabbed on to it. Miho led Dara inside carefully and to the apron rack. 

 

 

 


"But sunbae! We're not that late!" Bom told Yang Hyun Suk, the owner of the diner they worked at, YGs Diner. 

 

 

 


"You were supposed to be here at 7 am! It's almost 10!!" He exclaimed to her. 

 

 

 

"Oh come on, we're not THAT late." Bom shrugged. 

 

 

 

YG ran his fingers through his hair. 

 

 

 


"Dara's eyes were hurting!" Bom lied. 

 

 


"Yeah sunbae! My eyes were hurting!" Dara yelled trying to put on her apron.

 

 

 


"Wrong side Dara." Se7en told her as he walked past her. 

 

 


"Thanks oppa!" She said turning her aprons around. 

 

 

 

 

"Chincha I'm going crazy." YG scratched his head as he walked away. 

 

 

 

"Is he gone?" Dara asked. 

 

 

 

"Yeah." Bom laughed. 

 

 

 

"I'm surprised you guys haven't been fired yet." Gummy laughed as she cooked pancakes in the back. 

 

 

 

 

"Oh come on, sunbae loves us." Bom laughed. 

 

 

 

Se7en held Dara's hand and led her to the cash register. 

 

 

 

 

Dara ran her fingers across the keys and felt the brail writing on them. The cash register was the only job she could actually do. 

 

 

 

She had memorized the keys and when to press them. The computer read the total out loud so she and the customer could hear. Everyone in the diner watched kept a protective eye in a Dara, just encase though.

 

 

 

 

"Lee Hi yah, can you clean table 8? My hands are kinda full." Bom asked Lee Hi as she walked past with three plates in her hands. 

 

 

 


"Sure unni." Lee Hi said and walked over to table 8.

 

 

 


"Thank you!" Bom answered. "Annyeonghasayo." Bom bowed to the customers.

 

 

 

 

"This food smells so good!" The customer said. 

 

 

 

"Kamsahmnida." Bom smiled and out the plates on the table. 

 

 

 

 

"Hey! You guys are actually here early today!" Cl, one of their best friends, exclaimed when she came out of the kitchen with steaming bacon stirps on plates.

 

 

 

 

 

"Very funny Chaerin ah." Dara rolled her eyes. She felt the keyboard and typed in the customers order and enters the price.

 

 

 

"$17.89." The computer said.

 

 

 

 

 

"Deh." The customer nodded and took the money out of her purse along with the tip. She handed Dara the money and Dara pushed the open button making the money slot open. She slid the money in and waited for the customer. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're lucky me and Minzy punched in your cards when we came." Cl told Bom and Dara after she put the plates down at the table. 

 

 

 

 

"That was you?" Bom asked. 

 

 

 

 

"Of course it was us." Minzy said cleaning table 3. 

 

 

 

 

"Thanks guys." Dara said. "Dont tell sunbae though." She laughed. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I already know." He said as he walked out of the bathroom. 

 

 

 

 

Bom and Dara cursed at themselves. 

 

 

 

 

"And since you guys were late, you have to work here for two hours extra after you classes today." YG said. 

 

 

 

 

"But sunbae!!! We have a lot of work to do!!" Dara whined. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You should have done it when you guys weren't here, being late!" He told them. 

 

 

 

 

"Ha!" Cl and Minzy laughed at Bom and Dara. 

 

 

 

 

"And you guys too for punching in their cards." YG whacked their heads with menus as he walked passed the two. 

 

 

 

"Aish chincha." Minzy kicked the ground. 

 

 

 

 

"Can you believe this oppa?" Cl asked Teddy, their main chef. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nope!! I think sunbae is being totally unfair!! Making you work for two extra hours because you guys have been late almost everday for three hours! Its basically child abuse!!" Teddy shook his sarcastically. 

 

 

 

 

 

Cl and Bom stared at him. "Your sarcasm is not appreciated." Cl said. 

 

 

 

 

Teddy laughed and flipped his pancackes. 

 

 

 

 

"Yah you jashiks. Be glad he hasnt fired you yet." He laughed. 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you Teddy yah." YG said. "Im off!" 

 

 

 

 

"Deh!" The YG family said back to him as he left for the bank. 

 

 

 

 

"Chan Hyuk ah, how's your mom doing by the way?" Dara asked Lee Chan Hyuk, another waiter there. 

 

 

 

 

"Better, thankfully. Soo Hyun stayed home with her today just encase though. But her backs feeling better and she's starting to get out of bed more." He answered. 

 

 

 

 

"Thanks good. We were so worried." Bom told him. 

 

 

 

 

"Thanks noonas." He smiled. "Oh yeah! Dara noona." Chan Hyuk said as he ran into the back. 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah?" She asked. He ran back out with an envelope in his hands. 

 

 

 

 

"Omma wanted me to give you this. She was very thankful when you and Cl noona brought home made food for us when omma first got hurt." He said hadning Dara the envelope. 

 

 

 

 

"What is it?" Dara asked opening it and taking out a couple of dollars. "Is this money?"

 

 

 

 

"Mhm. We know its not a lot, but its the least we could do. I hope this helps lessen the amount you need for the surgery."

 

 

 

 

"Omo, Chan Hyuk ah! No! I cant take this, you're family needs this more than I do." She said trying to push it back to him. 

 

 

 

 

"noona, please, omma wants you to have it." He said. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nope. I wont take it. Im doing fine without my blindness." She said giving him back the money again. "Please, just keep it." She smiled, not really facing her. 

 

 

 

 

 

He stared at her sadly and nodded. "Arasso..." He said defeated. He walked into the back room and Bom went in after him. No one said anything for a while, they all knew how much pride Dara had, and no one dared to mess with that. 

 

 

 

 

"Chan Hyuk ah, dont take it personally." Bom said walking into the room after him. 

 

 

 

 

"I dont understand why she couldnt take it. Does she not like us?" He slumped onto the bench. 

 

 

 

 

"No of course she does, you know that." She sat down next to him. "Its just, Dara doesnt like taking money from people when it comes to the surgery, she thinks its her problem and she should be the one to take care of it. She wont even let me help, dont take it persoanlly." Bom patted his back. 

 

 

 

 

"Poor noona, i wish she could see me just once." He sighed. 

 

 

 

 

"You and me both kiddo." She patted his back. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Top, you're up." 

 

 

 

 

"Deh." Top said. He jumped up from the bench and grabbed his bat. 

 

 

 

 

 

He walked onto the field and winked at the pithcer. "Give me and easy one Seungri yah." 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah we'll see." Seungri laughed. 

 

 

 

 

Seungri winded up his pitch and let out a fast ball. Top just stood there and didnt move. 

 

 

 

 

 

"That was a strike Choi." Their coach said from the side. 

 

 

 

 

"I know." Top smirked. 

 

 

 

 

"Dont get too cocky hyung." Seungri said winding up again. 

 

 

 

 

Seungri pitched the baseball and Top took a deep breath. He pulled the bat back and lswung forward, hard, and everybody watched the ball get fired back. It went over the outfielders heads by yards. Seungri looked at Top and shook his head. 

 

 

 

 

"Dammit." Seungri kicked the ground.

 

 

 

 

 

"I say that was a homerun." Top smirked and casually jogged around the bases high fiving the fielders as he went around.

 

 

 

 

Top and Seungri played for the Seoul Flames, a baseball team. Seoul Flames were the best baseball team in all of Korea, and Top, was their star player. He could pitch, bat, catch, field, anything. Seungri was their main pitcher and catcher though.

 

 

 

 

 

"Good job today guys." Their coach patted them on the backs when they walked into the locker room. 

 

 

 

 

"And yah, Choi." The coach said. 

 

 

 

 

"Deh coach-nim?" He asked walking over. 

 

 

 

 

"That was some hit you did today." The coach said. 

 

 

 

 

"Thanks coach, I try." Top smiled. 

 

 

 

The coach smiled and hit Tops head with his clip board. "Dont get too cocky." 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Oww..." Top rubbed the back of his head as the coach walked away. 

 

 

 

 

"Is it just me, or the better I get, the more he hates me?" Top asked. 

 

 

 

 

"Nope, its just you. Coach has always hated you the same." The guys laughed at Seungris comment. 

 

 

 

 

Top rolled his eyes and iced his shoulders. 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, the guys are here." Seungri said after getting changed. 

 

 

 

 

"Alright, cool. You ready?" Top put his shirt on. 

 

 

 

"Yeah." Seungri said. 

 

 

 

 

"Lets go. Bye guys!" Top waved goodbye to the other playes as he and Seungri left to meet up with the rest of their group. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"There they are." Daesung said to Jiyong and Taeyang in the parking lot when Top and Seungri walked out. 

 

 

 

 

"What took you so long?" Taeyang asked. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung was getting a beating from the coach." Seungri snickered. 

 

 

 

 

"I was not!" Top protested. "I was getting reprimanded in a physical way." He correct. 

 

 

 

 

 

"He was getting a beating." Daesung said to Taeyang.

 

 

 

 

"Yep." Taeyang agreed. 

 

 

 

 

 

"So where are we going for dinner?" Jiyong asked. 

 

 

 

 

"I found this new place, just outsde of the city, called YGs diner and the food there is amazing." Taeyang said to the other guys. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Alright, me and Seungri can follow your guys car." Top said unlocking the trunk and putting his stuff in. 

 

 

 

 

Taeyang, Daesung, and GD got into the car and drove out of the parking lot followed by Top and Seungri. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I swear, if he asks me if im following one more time, Im going to shoot that man." Dara said when the girls arrived back at the diner for their two extra hours. It was late at night now and almost 9 pm.

 

 

 

 

The three other girls laughed. "Oh come, the poor man as never worked with a blind girl before, cut him to slack." Minzy said. 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom, Cl, Minzy, and Dara were all studying to be lawyers at Seoul U. But since Dara was blind, she recieved special classes separately from everyone else. She got her papers in brail and audio lectures while the other three girls recieved normal classes. But all of them had scholorships.

 

 

 


Miho led Dara in followed by the other three. 

 

 


There was a note on the kitchen door. 

 

 

 

Cl walked over to read it. She groaned and massaged her forehead. 

 

 


"What is it?" Bom asked. 

 

 


Cl handed her the letter so Bom could read it out loud. 

 

 

 


"To my four slackers, since you guys love to work so much, you can have the whole restaurant to yourselves for the next two hours! Love, The YG family. 

 


And p.s. Try not to run off all our customers arasso? That means you Bom!!" 

 

 


Dara and Minzy laughed at the last part while Bom just crumpled the paper up and threw it away. 

 

 


"Who's wants to cook?" Dara asked. The three other girls looked at each other for a few second. 

 

 

 

 

"NOT IT!" Minzy and Cl said at the same time. 

 

 

"NOT IT!" Bom said a second too late. 

 

 

 

"Ha! Too slow! Go!" Minzy laughed. 

 

 

 


"Dammit." Bom cursed and out in her apron to begin cooking. "Yah, since there aren't any customers right now, turn on the TV. There might be a game on or something." 

 

 

 

Minzy grabbed the remote and the TV and a game of baseball . 

 

 

 


"OH MY GOD." 

 

 

 

Dara, Minzy, and Cl jumped from surprise.

 

 

 

"What is it?!" Dara exclaimed. 

 

 

 

"CHOI TOP IS ON THE TV RIGHT NOW!!" Bom practically sprinted to kiss the screen. One of Top and Seungris baseball games was on. 

 

 

 

"On my god. Not again." Dara rolled her eyes.

 

 

 


"Someone sedate her." Minzy shook her head. 

 

 

 

 

"You have no idea how much I am in love with this guy." Bom continuously kissed his face whenever he showed up. 

 

 

 


"We know." The girls sighed together. 

 

 

 


"Guys, car pulling up, unni, get the kitchen warmed up." Cl said to Bom. 

 

 

 

Bom ignored her and kept her eye glued to the screen. 

 

 

 

 

"Yah!" Cl yelled pulling her away.

 

 

 


"WE CANT KEEP US APART FOREVER. OUR LOVE IS TOO STRONG." Bom dramatically fainted in Cl's arms. 

 

 

 

Cl rolled her eyes and threw her into the kitchen.

 

 

 

 


The girls got ready as five guys walked into the diner. 

 

 

 


"Annyeonghasayo, welcome to YGs Diner." Cl welcomed not completely looking at the guys. 

 

 

 

 

The guys bowed and smiled at the girls and followed Taeyang to one of the tables and Cl walked over to their table.

 

 

 

 

 

"Can we have five orders of omurice?" Taeyang asked. "Their omurice is the best." He told the guys. 

 

 

 

"Deh." Cl wrote down on her notepad. She finally looked up and saw Top and Seungri and she slightly gasped. She looked at the TV and then looked back at the guys who were on their phones. 

 

 

 


"Uh...uh....one second!!" Cl exclaimed and ran to the back. Minzy looked at them and followed them in.

 

 

 

 

"Guys?" Dara called out. The guys looked at her staring off to space. 

 

 

 

"Is she ok?" Daesung asked Jiyong. 

 

 


Jiyong didn't bother to look over and just shrugged as he scrolled through his phone. 

 

 


"Miho yah." Dara called. Jiyong finally looked up and saw a Doberman appear out of a corner of the diner and walk over to Dara. 

 

 

 


"Lead me to the back girl." Dara said grabbing Mihos collar. 

 

 

 

The guys watched as Dara felt her away around things being led by Miho. Miho pushed open the back door and let Dara go in. Miho didn't go in and just turned back around. She saw the guys looking at her and she let out a low growl before going back to her spot. 

 

 

 

The guys heard screaming from the kitchen and a bunch of things crashing and three pairs of eyes popping up in the window staring at them. 

 

 

 

".....why did you say this place was amazing again?" Top asked Taeyang.