eventful night

Blinded by Love

"Omma!" Dara called when her and the others walked into her parents house. Jiyong looked around inside the small little house. His shoes probably costed more than this whole neighborhood. He was surprised by how different him and Dara were. 


But as he walked through the house towards the family, he caught himself smiling at the pictures of Dara on the tables and walls. 


"Omma appa. Dara's home." Cheongdoong yelled as he took Dara's stuff upstairs to her old room.

 

"Dara yah! Come to the kitchen!! Everyone wants to see you!" Dara's mom yelled as she took the turkey out of the oven. 


"Jiyong ah," she turned a little towards him, "can you take me to the kitchen?" 

 

"Yeah." He nodded and took her hand. Jiyong didn't even have to walk a couple of feet until he was in the kitchen. 


"There's no one in here." Jiyong said when he saw the empty house. 


"Aish. They're all probably in the back. There should be a door in the dining room that leads to the backyard." Dara told him. 

 

Jiyong led her to the door that led to the backyard. He saw a bunch of laughing people sitting at a table with delicious looking food. He opened the door and everyone turning towards them and smiled from ear to ear. 


"Dara yah!!" Dara's mom exclaimed and rushed to hug her. 


"Omma!!" Dara smiled and hugged her mother as well. Everyone else rushed over and greeted her as well asking how she is and how school was going. 


"Who's this?" Her appa asked. 

 

"Oh! This is Jiyong everyone. My chingu. I invited him for dinner." Dara introduced Jiyong as he bowed to everyone. 


"Well annyeong Jiyong ah. I'm Dara's omma and that's her appa," Dara's mom pointed to Dara's dad, "and this her aunt, uncle, grandma, her two cousins, and her older sister." Dara's mom introduced everyone. 


"Annyeonghasayo." Jiyong bowed to everyone again. 


"Where's Doong ah?" Park Omma asked. 


"I think he's putting my stuff in my room." Dara answered. 

 

Dara's mom nodded and began handing plates out to everyone. "Come on you two. Durami yah, go get another chair to Jiyong." 


"Deh." Durami, Dara's older sister said and went to fetch a chair.


"Don't be too shy Jiyong and take whatever you want arasso?" Dara's aunt told him. 


"Deh kamsahmnida." He smiled. Durami returned with Jiyongs chair and set it at the end of the table next to Dara's. Jiyong thanked her and sat down. Cheongdoong soon came out as well and loaded his plate with delicious food that Dara's mom and aunt made.


"So Jiyong, how old are you?" Dara's appa asked. 


"26 sir." Jiyong answered. 


"And what do you do for a living?" Dara's aunt asked. 


"Me and family have a small club business." Jiyong said. 

 

"Club business?" Dara's halmoni perked up. "I'm a mean clubber ya know. Take me one day." She winked to Jiyong. 

 

"Ah halmoni!" Dara cringed. "You're 77! Time to put your clubbing shorts away!" 

 

"Aish Noona!! I'm eating here and you're bringing up halmomis clubbing pants?? You couldn't talk about something less disturbing??" Cheongdoong gagged. 


"Yeah like bleeding hearts or something's limbs being ripped off. Anything." Durami added. 


"Yah yah yah." Halmoni throw a green bean at the three of them. Everyone laughed including Jiyong. 


"Don't listen to them Jiyong. I look like Lee Hyori when I'm in my clubbing clothes, trust me." Halmoni assured him. 


"Aigoo." Dara shook her head. 


Jiyong laughed. "I'll take your word for it." 

 


"Don't act like you would look any better Miss and Mrs. Craters." Halmoni scoffed at Durami and Dara. 

 

"Halmoni/omma!!" Dara, Durami, and their dad exclaimed. 

 

"What does she mean by craters?" Jiyong asked Dara. 

 

"You don't wanna know." Dara shook her head and took a sip of her cola trying to cool down even though it was in the middle of November. 


"I'll tell you. Don't you think Dara's pretty flat for someone her age?" Halmoni chuckled. 

 

Jiyong began to cough from shock while he was drinking his water. 

 


"Halmoni! Look what you did!" Dara exclaimed and began patting Jiyong on the back. Halmoni just shrugged and ate her turkey. 

 

"Jiyong you ok?" Dara asked after he stopped coughing. 


"*cough* yeah, *cough* I'm okay." He told her. 

 

"Chincha halmoni." Durami shook her head. The others just slightly chuckled as well as Jiyong who looked at Dara. 


"You are kinda flat...." He mumbled and took a bite of his mashed potatoes. 


"Yah!!" She yelled and smacked him on the back. "Who told you to come here?!" 

 


Jiyong winded in pain but still laughed along with the others. "It's ok Dara. Just face it." 

 

"You face it you." She threatened and began shaking his head around with his hair. 

 

"Yah yah yah yah! The hair!! Come on now!!" He exclaimed after she let go. 


"Alright you two." Dara's dad split them up. 

 

"He started it." Dara mumbled and slumped back into her chair. 

 

"Yeah well I'm ending it." He said as he walked back to his chair. But as he walked, he bumped into Dara's mom who was walking back to the table with their pumpkin pie. He bumped into her making the pie go straight onto his face. 


"OMO!" Park omma gasped and covered with her hand after seeing her husbands face covered with pumpkin pie. 

 

"What happened??" Dara asked. Jiyong looked at her and got an evil idea. 


"Here, I'll show you." He said getting up. "If you don't mind." Jiyong said scooping the pie off of Park Appas cheek and walking back over to Dara. 


Jiyong snickered and wiped it all over Dara's face. 

 

"OMONA!!" Dara yelled and began wiping it off. "JIYONG IM SO GONNA KILL YOU." She yelled and reached for him before he could run away. Dara pulled Jiyong close and began smearing her pied up face on his. 

 

"YAH!" He yelled trying to get her to let go but Dara's grip was too tight and the less pie that was on hers, the more was on his. 

 

"Oh my god." Durami laughed. Someone tapped her shoulder and she turned around only to get some of her own chunk of pie on her face from Cheondoong. 


"Oh that's it." Durami breathed fire and began chasing him with a knife in her hand. 

 

"YAH!" Cheondoong screamed. "ME SMASHING YOUR FACE INTO SOME PIE DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN STAB ME WITH A KNIFE!!" 

 

"OH YES IT DOES!!" She yelled back at him. 


Jiyong was holding his stomach from laughing so hard at Dara's siblings. Dara was laughing just as hard along with the rest of her family. 

 

Jiyong subdued his laughing and looked around. Never had he had this much fun with family. Whenever he ate dinner with his own family, no one said anything. But this, he felt like he was at an actual Thanksgiving Family Dinner.  

 


-----------------------------------------------

 


Meanwhile at Boms place....

 

 

....


.....

 


......

 


"Sooo...." Bom tried to create conversation. 

 

"Are you staying for the night Top shi?" Boms mom asked. 


"Oh aniyo. I have to get going soon. I have practice tomorrow." He told her kindly. 

 

"Arasso, but you have to take some food home with you arasso?" Boms mom told him. 


"Deh I will. The food was delicious." He smiled at her. 

 

"Oh! Its almost time, let's go." One of Boms uncles said. 

 

"Oh I almost forgot." Boms dad said as him and everyone else got up. They began taking their plates to the kitchen and putting their shoes on.

 

"What's going on?" Top asked. 

 

"Every Thanksgiving, my family always plays manhunt after dinner when it gets dark. 


"Manhunt? That game we'd used to play as children in the dark?" Top asked. 

 

"Yeah but my dads side of the family really likes to play so we play it every Thanksgiving." Bom told him giving him his shoes. 

 

Everyone headed outside and Boms mom cake outside with flash lights and walkie talkies. 


"Me and the other women will be inside if you need us." Boms omma said after giving everyone their items. 

 

Top looked around and realized the only girls there were Bom, Go Eun and one of their aunts. Bom noticed Top looking at the woman and leaned to his ear. 

 

"My moms side doesn't really like the outdoors. My aunt over there is my dads Noona. And me and my sister take after my appa. If my oppa were here, he'd probably be inside considering he's just like omma." Bom explained.

 

"Ahhh..." Top nodded. When everyone reached the middle of the neighborhood, her dad turned around ready to explain the rules. 

 

"Alright. Everyone already knows the rules but since we have a guest here, I'll review them," her dad began to explain, "a pair of partners hides themselves really well while the rest of us look for them. The games only over if we can get both of them inside the jail. Let's say we caught one of them and took him to jail, his partner can come to the jail and tag him out. If the pair can survive not being caught for 30 minutes, they win. If not, the chasers do." Boms dad finished. "Everyone pick your partners." 

 

Everyone got with their partners. Bom just looked at Top with a determined look. Top chuckled at the new fire in her eyes. 

 

"Who wants to hide first?" Park Appa asked. 


"We will!!" Bom raised her hand without even consulting Top. He stared at her shaking his head. She just pushed him away. "We'll hide first!" 


"Arasso. Bom and Top are hiding first." Her dad pointed at them.

 

"Yes!" Bom cheered to herself as Top could already feel the threatening glares from her dad and uncles. "Kajja." Bom reached for his hand but he quickly took it back when he saw the men staring at them. She furrowed her eyebrows and looks at him. He awkwardly tried to laugh it off but the men didn't find it too amusing. 

 

"Shall we go?" Top forced a smile and hurried away. 


"What's with him?" Bom asked Go Eun who just shrugged in response. "Yah! Let's go together!" Bom yelled and ran after Top. 

 

Bom finally caught up with Top after top her family was out of sight. 


"Y- yah. Why'd you run away?" She panted. 

 

"Oh no reason...just the fact that your dad and uncles were glaring at me so hardcore that I was scared to even look in your direction." He told her. 

 

"Oh come on..I know they were bad at first but they've eased up now!" She said. 


"Your dad taking out his pistol easing up??" He exclaimed. Bom bit her lip in embarrassment realizing he was right. "Have you ever brought a guy home?" 


"Ani..." She shook her head. 

 

"I can understand why." He slightly laughed. She smiled at that. 


They found a place near some woods behind someone's shed and decided to hide there for now. Bom turned in her walkie talkie and told everyone to start looking now. 

 

Since no one was around, Top reached for Boms waist trying to pull her closer making her hiccup and back away.


"Wh- what're you doing?" She asked. 


"Trying to be closer to my girlfriend!" He exclaimed. He reached for her hand this time but she just hiccuped and moved away even more. "Yah, were you ually harassed as a kid or something??" 


Bom immediately tensed up and slightly shook. "A-ani. Wh- why would you think that?" 


Top furrowed his eyebrows at the sudden change in her atmosphere. "Bom." 

 

"What." She asked looking down at her feet. 

 

"Were you ually harassed when you were younger?" He asked again. Bom slightly shook her head but didn't say anything nor showed him her face. 

 

"Bom don't lie to me." He ordered her. "Something happened right?" 

 

Bom ignored him. "I don't think this is a good hiding place. Let's go somewhere else." She began to walk away. 


Top furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed her arm before she could get away. "What happened?" 

 

"Top just drop it." She pushed him away. 


"How am I supposed to drop this? I just found out my girlfriend was ually harassed!" He yelled. 


"It happened years ago! I'll tell you when I'm ready deh?" She offered. 


Top sighed and sadly looked at her. "You're ok though now right?" 

 

Bom nodded. "I'm perfectly fine." She said before hugging him tightly. 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

 


"Jiyong are you spending the night?" Dara's mom asked him when they were all inside after bringing everything in as well. 

 

"Uh, deh, I hope it's ok." He asked. 


"Oh of course!" Her mom exclaimed. 


"But omma. Where is he gonna sleep? There aren't any free rooms." Cheongdoong said. 


"He could bunk with you." Durami suggested. 


"Deok Hwa Uncle is sleeping in my bed tonight." Cheongdoong said. 


"Jiyong can just sleep with Dara tonight." Dara's mom suggested like there was nothing wrong with it. Dara and Juyong both spat out their drinks in shock. 

 

"BWAH??" Dara, Jiyong, Durami, and Cheondoong all gasped. 


"What?" Their mom stared at them. "Well does anyone else have any other ideas?" She asked. 


"He could share with me and you could sleep with Dara-" Dara's appa suggested but was stopped when Dara's mom covered his mouth. 


"So no one else has an idea? Good." Dara's mom smiled while everyone just stared at her. 

 

Jiyong suddenly felt really awkward as well as Dara. Dara's mom slightly smiled to herself though. 

 

"Durami, can you help me in the kitchen please?" Dara's mom winked to Durami giving her signals to leave Jiyong and Dara alone. 


"Oh, um, yeah." Durami got up and went to the kitchen. 

 

"Doong ah, can you go find Miho? I think she's still running around the yard chasing that bunny." Dara's mom asked Cheongdoong. 

 

"Yeah I guess." Cheondoong got up as well. The other relatives got the hint as well and one by one, each of them made their exit. 

 

After about 10 minutes, there was only one left. 


"Yeobo, should we go to bed now?" Park Omma asked Dara's dad who was completely oblivious to the whole situation.


"But I'm not tired." He waved her off. Dara's mom heavily breathed out of her nose and stomped over to him. 


"Yeobo. You seem tired, I think you should really go to sleep now." Dara's mom gritted her teeth. 


"I said I wasn't tired!" He protested before Dara's mom grabbed onto his ear and pulled him away. 


"Trust me, you're tired." She glared. 

 


And with that, Jiyong and Dara were left completely alone. 

 

"Um, are you tired?" He asked Dara. 

 

"Yeah, i little bit. You?" She cleared and awkwardly asked him. 

 

 

"Mhm..." he bit his lip and nodded. 

 

Dara put her hand out for him to take it. "My rooms the second door on the left." Jiyong took her hand and led her upstairs to their room for the night. He had never slept in the same bed with a girl before, he never wanted to. But Jiyong caught himself smiling as they walked up the stairs. 

 

 

 

annyeong my amazing and wonderful readers!!^^ i am so sorry that its been almost over a week since i last updated, school is ju~st about done but i have finals to take so i've been studying for those, but as soon as school is (FINALLY) over, you can except updates ranging from twice a day, once a day, or once every two days. and can you guys tell me what you want more of? like more of romance, mroe conflicts, more funny scenes, more serious scenes, etc. (: dont forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote!! ~your beloved sasha unni <3