Thanksgiving

Blinded by Love

"KYAAAHHH!!!!!!" The girls squealed back at Minzys house. 

 

"I KNOWWW!!!!" Bom danced around the room. "AND THEN HE RAN UP THE STAIRS AND HUGGED MEEE!!!!!" 

 

 

"KYAAAAAHHH!!!!" They all screamed and danced around with her. 

 

 

"HE'S SO PERFECT!!!!!" Bom boasted. 

 

 

"Yah!!! Keep it down!!!" Minzys omma yelled from the living room as she and Mr. Gong watched TV. 

 

 

"Mianhe ommoni!!" Bom apologized and closed the door. 

 

 

"I cant believe your dream confession came true." Dara sighed hoping that would happen to her someday. 

 

 

"I know right. Is he perfect or just perfect?" Bom sighed but couldnt stop smiling.

 

 

"He's more than perfect unni." Cl told her as they all laid on Minzys bed with their legs dangling off of the edge. 

 

 

Bom blushed and covered her face with one of Minzys pillows out of shyness. They all quieted down and thought about their own things. Dara especially.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

Dara and Jiyong held hands as they walked through the streets of Seoul on the bright snowy night. 

 

"I've always wanted to see snow." She confessed. "I was blind before we moved here and we lived in California when I was little so I never saw snow before." 

 

"I swore I would never ask this, but what happened that caused you blindness?" Jiyong finally asked. 

 

 

Dara took a deep breath. "When I was little, about 7 or 8 i think, I got really sick. And before I knew it, the doctors were telling me I was going blind. My parents were devastated. We were extremely poor so we didnt have enough money for any surgeries." She explained to him. 

 

 

"And how did you end up in Seoul?" He asked listening intently. 

 

"My parents both worked and so when I went blind, they needed someone to look after me while they werent around. And so we moved to Busan where my other family lives. We lived with them for the longest time and we were ok. Then when I grew up, I got a call from Seoul U offering me a scholorship to their law program. I accepted instantly. Then I met Bom, Cl and Minzy. The girls promised they would look after me with their lives and my parents trusted them. So me and Bom moved to Seoul leaving my family back in Busan." Dara explained getting slightly teary eyed at her past. It wasnt a sad past or anything, just a very loving one and that touched Daras heart everytime she thought about it. 

 

"So do you see your parents often?" Jiyong asked wanting to know more about Dara.

 

"Not often, usually during long breaks like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring, and Summer." She sighed. "Im actaully going over there for Thanksgiving tomorrow night." She said. 

 

"Ahh..." He nodded as they walked. 

 

"Your turn." Dara suddenly said. 

 

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows. 

 

"Tell me about the all-powerful Kwon Jiyong." She giggled. 

 

 

"Oh. Well theres nothing really to tell." He shrugged. 

 

"Nothing really to tell? You're Kwon Jiyong! The son of the CEO of VIP Clubs! You're one of the richest families in the world!" Dara exclaimed wanting to hear about his amazing life.

 

"Yeah and? Rich doesnt mean having a good life." He told. 

 

"Yeah but it does mean opportunites." She retorted. "You get to go to any school you want, any vacation, buy anything you want." Dara dreamed. 

 

"Thats true. But it also means being surrounded by people who dont care about anything but money. I grew up around the shallowest and self-absorbed people ever. They all thought they were better than everyone and everyone was below them. Money," he shook his head in anger, "corrupts people. Makes them do bad things." 

 

Dara didnt know what to say to that. Was being wealthy not that great after all? She had never known what it felt like to be wealthy. 

 

"Dont include me with those people Dara. I never wanna be known as the son of the CEO of VIP Clubs. I wanna be known as Kwon Jiyong." He told her. 

 

"Arasso. From now on, you'll be Kwon Jiyong to me. Just Kwon Jiyong." She smiled to him. He didnt say anything and just kept walking around the streets passed bright lights and food stalls. 

 

"And for the record, I like Kwon Jiyong better than the son of the CEO of VIP Clubs." She confessed. "I like him a lot." 

 

Jiyongs head slowly turned towards her not knowing what to say or do. Sure he had girls swooning over him but not like this. He felt something different this time. Something sincere and lasting. 

 

"I think we should go now. Its pretty late." He said wanting to run away. He had to return to reality now. Jiyong couldnt let things get out of hand anymore. He had to stop. But could he even if he wanted to?

 

 

-END FLASHBACK-

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

-RING RING-

 

 

"Yobosayo?" Jiyong answered his phone as he drove to one of his parents clubs to check on it. 

 

 

"Oh Jiyong ah! Are you gonna spend Thanksgiving with me or omma?" Ji Hyo asked him. 

 

 

"Im not sure yet. I think im just gonna spend it with omma." He sighed. 

 

"Arasso. Just know that you can always come to Joong Ki's parents place too if you want." Ji Hyo said as she shopped at the food store. Joong Ki was flying in from Romania for Thanksgiving so he and Ji Hyo could spend it together with his family. 

 

 

"Arasso noona. Annyeong." He said before they both hung up. He waited until he was at a red stop light until he called his mom. 

 

 

"Oh Jiyonggie!" Kwon Omma exclaimed when she picked up the phone. 

 

"Im in the car right now, do you want me to stop by the grocery store to get any food for Thanksgiving tonight for us?" Jiyong asked. 

 

 

"Tonights Thanksgiving?" His omma exclaimed. "I totally forgot! Mianhe Jiyong baby, I flying to Los Angeles in about an hour to see Mrs. Park." His omma said making Jiyongs face fall.

 

 

"Aniyo. Its ok. Im used to it now anyway..." He sighed mumbling the last part.

 

 

"What was that honey?" She asked not hearing the last part.

 

"Nothing. Have a safe flight. Bye." He said hanging up slightly hurt. "What was I expecting? This happens all the time."

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"I'll see you on Monday Dara!" Bom said as she was about to leave.

 

"Arasso, tell your family I said hi!" Dara called as she studied.

 

 

"Same to yours!" Bom said before she left. She ran out of the house and hurried down the stairs but stopped when she saw someone leaning on her van swinging their keys around their finger. 

 

"Top?" Bom furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

He looked over at her and smiled. "Annyeong." 

 

Bom immediatley became embarassed and didnt know what to do. They hadnt spoken (mostly because she wouldnt answer his calls or texts) since he asked her out. "What're you doing here?" 

 

 

"I wanted to see if my girlfriend was still alive or not." He chuckled. 

 

 

"OH MY GOD HE SAID GIRLFRIEND!!!! HE CALLED ME HIS GIRFLRIEND!!!" 

 

 

"Yeah Im still alive." She tried to laugh it off. "Why would you think that?" He gave her a are-you-kidding-me look. 

 

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! GET THAT THING AWAY FROM MEEE!!!!!!!" Bom screamed when Top began calling her one day at the diner. She threw her phone onto one of the chairs and ran out of the restaurant. 

 

 

"Is she ok?" Gummy asked Dara, Cl, and Minzy. 

 

"Nope." Minzy shook her head as Dara and Cl facepalmed themselves. 

 

-----------------------------------

 

 

"TELL HIM I DIED!!!" Bom whispered to Dara another time when Top came to their house. Bom ran into the closet and hid in the corner. 

 

"Uhhh..." Dara slowly got up and answered the door. 

 

"Hey Dara. Is Bom here?" He asked her. 

 

"Uhhh...no." Dara said sounding extremely obvious. "She's at college." 

 

Top gave her a weird look as to why she was being so weird right now. "Arasso...can you tell her to call me when you talk to her then?" 

 

"Deh." Dara nodded. Top glanced inside and saw Miho digging through the closet and barking as he saw a small feminine hand swat her away. 

 

"Alright then...I guess i'll come back later." He said backing away. 

 

"Yeah that would be better." Dara tried to laugh.

 

----------------------------------------

 

 

"WHY DOES HE KEEP TEXTING ME?? SOMEONE TELL HIM I MOVED TO CANADA TO JOIN THE MONKEY CIRCUS AND THAT HE SHOULDNT LOOK FOR ME!" Bom gave her phone to Cl and hid under Minzys bed. 

 

"Can someone please shoot her?" Cl asked the girls. 

 

"I wouldve done it a long time ago if I could see." Dara told them.

 

 

-END FLASHBACK- 

 

"Its not like I was avoiding you or anything." She lied. 

 

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow. "Then come here and give me a hug." He held his arms out. Bom hiccuped and took a step back as he stepped forward. 

 

 

"I- I cant." She gulped. "I have...umm...the chicken pox..." She said but cursed at herself for coming up with something so stupid. 

 

He stopped and raised an eyebrow. "the chicken pox." 

 

"Yes." She tried again. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go." She tried to hurry passed him but he just grabbed her arm and pulled her in for a hug. 

 

 

"OMONA!" She gasped when he hugged her. 

 

 

"Shhhhh." He ordered her. "Just stay like this for a bit. I missed you." 

 

Bom softened up and smiled. She slowly wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him back. "I missed you too."

 

He closed his eyes and smiled. He felt really good now that he saw her again. "Where are you heading off to?" 

 

"My parents place for Thanksgiving." She told him as they leaned against his car and just talked for a bit. 

 

"Sounds fun." He nodded and they didnt say anything for a bit until he broke the silence again. "Well lets go." He said as he unlocked his car and opened Boms door for her. 

 

"Lets go?" She furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

"Yeah. Lets go to the dinner. Tell me where to go though. I dont know the way yet." He answered like it was totally normal that he was gonna go to Boms familiys dinner and meet everyone. 

 

"Are you crazy?" She asked bluntly.

 

"Yes." He replied casually. "Now lets go." He ordered her again. 

 

"No! You cant meet my faily yet!! We've only known each other for like 3 months!" She exclaimed. 

 

"3 months?? I shouldve met them last month then!! Palli palli palli!" He scurried her into the seat and got in as well. 

 

"I cant believe you're doing this." She shook her head. He laughed and kissed her on the cheek and began driving. Boms eyes widened as she hiccuped. She didnt move or say anything the rest of the ride other than telling him where to to turn. She sat in the car frozen not moving and just looked straight not turning her head. 

 

Top glanced over at her and tried to hold in his laughter. He decided to make Bom even more worse by reaching over at her hand and interlocking his fingers with hers. 

 

 

"Yah, are we having an affair or something? Stop acting like we're doing something illegal." He told her. 

 

*hicup*

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

-RING RING- 

 

"Yobosayo?" Dara answered her phone. 

 

"Dara." Jiyong called. 

 

"Oh Annyeong." Dara immediatly brightened up and closed her book silently giggling to Miho. 

 

"How're you feeling now?" He asked her. After he dropped her off the other night, Dara said she felt a little dizzy.

 

"Better, I guess I was just tired." She answered. 

 

"Thats good." He said. 

 

"Mhm." she said trying to think of something else to talk about so he wouldnt hang up. "So what're you doing for Thanksgiving?"

 

"Nothing. Im just checking on my dads clubs for him." Jiyong answered. 

 

"Oh chincha? You're not spending it with your family or anything?" Dara asked surprised. Thanksgiving was all about being thankful for everything and spending time with your loved oves and family. 

 

"Nope." Jiyong said. Dara bit her lip afraid to ask her question when an idea came to her mind. She looked at Miho and did a determined nod. 

 

"Well...do you wanna spend Thanksgiving with me and my family? Im taking the train to Busan in about an hour. Do you wanna come along?" Dara asked him. Jiyong stopped what he was doing and stared at the phone. 

 

"I cant." 

 

"I dont know." He answered. 

 

"It'll be fun, my familys kinda awesome." Dara laughed. "But im staying there until Monday so you would have to bring a change of clothes." 

 

"Dont make me do this Dara. I have to stay away." 

 

 

"Will your parents be ok with it?" He asked. 

 

"Yeah." She nodded. 

 

Jiyong didnt say anything for a bit. 

 

"Arasso. I'll come." He answered burying his face in his hands. 

 

"chincha?! Yay!" Dara smiled from ear to ear. 

 

"Yeah. Should I just meet you in front of the station in an hour?" He asked. 

 

"Yep! See ya then." Dara said too excited. They both hung up and phone and Dara began dancing. 

 

 

"WAAAAHHHH!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE HE SAID HE WOULD COME!!!" Dara screamed and hugged Miho. 

 

"What did I just do?" Jiyong sighed to himself.