the beginning of the end

Blinded by Love

"Oh? Kwon Jiyong!" The ahjumma called. Dara removed his hand and stared up at him. 

"Jiyong." She managed to say. She lost her breath the second she saw the picture. What would she do now? 

"Yah you punk!" The ahjumma scurried over to him and hit him in the arm. "Why didn't you come back after all these years?!" 

"Mianhe ommoni...I was busy..." Jiyong said in a daze not taking his eyes off of Dara. She turned back around and stared at her picture. 

"Dara we have to go." Jiyong gulped dreading the car ride back. 

"Go?" She asked emotionless. 

"Yeah. Come on." He ordered her. He began walking out and after a few seconds, Dara mindlessly followed behind him. The rain had already begun and the two got a little wet walking from the diner to the car. They both got in and Jiyong began driving away. 

Dara stared out of the window without any emotions just a few tears that traveled down her cheek. She hadn't even realized she was crying. 

Jiyong didn't know what he should've said, or if he should've said anything at all. He just wanted to ask if she was okay but he thought if he asked, she might just blow up. 


The rain came down harder and harder every second making it difficult for Jiyong to drive. "I can't see anything." He said turning the windshield wipers all the up. 

Dara didn't respond of course and kept staring out into the storm that they were in.

Jiyong tried to drive as far as he could but eventually had to stop. Driving in this weather was very dangerous and could get him and Dara in an accident.

"I think we have to stop." He told her. He saw a motel a mile ahead and drove up to there with much difficulty slipping on the road once or twice. 

He parked in the lot. "Come on Dara." 

They both got out and began walking to the little building when she stopped. 

 "You....left me." She  stopped following him and stood there in the pouring rain. "How could you leave me?" 

 
He stopped and turned around staring at her. "Dara-"

"Dont." She put her hand up to him. "I dont wanna know why you left me, I need to know how." She glared at him. "I love you and I'll protect you no matter what." She said repeating what he said 5 years ago. "Those were your exact words right? Than why was I hurting for so long??" She yelled venting all the anger she had kept in for so long. "Was that protecting me?!"

"What did you want me to do?!" He finally yelled back. "I had no choice!" 

"Dont you dare give me that . You had a choice! You always have a choice!! I wouldve rather stayed blind for the rest of my life rather than live through that hell without you again." She screamed and cried so hard you couldnt tell whether the wetness on her face was the rain or the tears. 

 They stood there in the pouring rain staring at each other. Both of them with the pain from those five years. 


"I went to hell and back for 2 straight years without!" She shouted. "You have no idea what it was like waking up from that hospital bed feeling amazing but then have your world come crashing down because your friend tells you your boyfriend is never coming back!!" 

"You think I had it any easier?! I was the one forced to leave!!! I told you everything in that letter. Did you really want my mom to make you blind forever?!" He screamed back.

"YES! If it meant being with you! I loved you so much." Her eyes bore into his. "And I still do." Her voice cracked. 

---------------------------------------------

[Tablo - Bad : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA2f-6_Ro3I]


"Two rooms please." Jiyong told the lady at the front desk.

"Oh I'm sorry. There's only one room left. The storm today has been bringing in a lot of people." The lady said. 

Jiyong bit his lip and turned around to Dara who was sitting on the couch in the lobby with her head in her hands. "Um, that's fine." He told the lady. 


"Here you go." She gave him the room key. 

"Dara let's go." He said softly. She got up and followed him to elevator without saying a word. 

They stood in the elevator side by side going up to their room in silence. 

"Did you ever think about me?" She asked staring straight ahead. "Why didn't you ever call?" 

The elevator reached their floor and Jiyohg sighed in relief that he didn't have to answer her questions. "Come on." 

She sighed in anger that he wouldn't talk about it but followed him nevertheless. They got into the room and Jiyong closed the door behind him. 

"I'll sleep on the floor." He said walking into the bathroom. 


Dara watched him walk in and close the door. She sighed and dried herself off with the towels from the closet. 

Jiyong stood in the bathroom leaning against the door. He ran his fingers through his hair. 

"How could I have let this happen? You're such a bastard Kwon Jiyong." He whispered to himself repeatedly. "Control yourself. Just for tonight." 


-KNOCK KNOCK-


"Hm?" He opened the door to see a still teary eyed Dara standing there. 


"Do you still love me?" She asked surprising him. 

Jiyong stared at her for what felt like forever. That was the last straw. 

"More than anything." He said before pushing her up against the wall and capturing her lips. 

Dara didn't even react. It was as if she had been waiting for this moment her whole life. She let him kiss her and forcefully kissed him right back. She tugged at his shirt wanting him to be close to her like this forever. He pushed her up the wall making her legs wrap around his waist. 


She smiled on his lips. A genuine smile. She couldn't remember a time when she was this elated. 

He turned around and carried her to the bed never letting their lips part. Jiyong load her down so she was on the bottom. His legs were on hers and he sat up to quickly take his shirt off before going back down. He pecked her lips, then her chin, then moved to her neck to passionately there. Dara let out a small moan as he left his mark. 


That was only the beginning though.

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong and Dara both laid on the bed with the sheets covering their bodies. She was in his arms and her head was on his shoulder. Dara had her ring in her hands with Jiyongs in his own hand. 

"We're finally complete." She smiled when she put her heart ring in the empty heart space in his ring. 

He sleepily smiled and kissed her forehead. "Go to sleep Dara." 

"I love you." She whispered with a smile on her face. 

"I love you so much." He let out a small laugh before they both fell into a deep sleep. 


--------------------------------------------------


Dara woke up to the bright sunlight shining on her face through the window. She smiled when she remembered what had happened last night. She reached over to hug Jiyong but found the other side of the bed empty. She opened her eyes and found the entire room empty. 


"Jiyong?" She called but didn't get an answer. "Jiyong!" Dara got up with the sheet wrapped around her. She looked in the bathroom, the balcony, the walk in closet, but he was no where to be found. 

She grabbed her phone and tried to call him but went straight to voicemail. Dara frantically put her clothes on and ran out of the room. 

She ran down to the lobby to see if he was there but like in the room, there was no sign of him. 

"Dara Park ssi?" Someone called her.

Dara turned around and saw the lady that checked her and Jiyong in yesterday calling her. 

"You came here yesterday with Kwon Jiyong right?" The lady asked.

"Deh. Do you know where he is?"  She asked eagerly.

"No I'm sorry. He came down a few hours ago and told me to give you this. And then he left." The lady said handing Dara his ring and a note. "He also said to give you these." The lady gave Dara her car keys. 


Dara took the note and read it on her way back to her room. 


"I'm sorry Dara. I'm so sorry." 


"You're sorry?" Dara scoffed angrily. "Bastard!" She threw the note and ring across the room and ran her fingers through her hair. 


------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara stormed through her house and found Jaejoong sitting on the couch. "Hey you're back." He smiled.

"Oppa where's Jiy- I mean GD, where's GDragon?" Dara asked him. 

"Oh he didn't tell you?" Jaejoong asked.

Dara furrowed her eyebrows and stated at him. "Tell me what?" 

"He left. He said there was an emergency back home and he needed to get back right away. His plane leaves in 2 hours. I tried to get him to stay a little bit longer but he said it was urgent." Jaejoong told her kind of confused at why she was asking.

"What?!" She exclaimed. "He's leaving?!" 


He gave her a weird look. "Yeah...is everything okay?" He looked down at her hand where two glimmering rings caught his attention. But it wasn't her engagement ring and her heart ring, it was the other half of Dara's ring. She wasn't even wear her engagement ring.