the first snowfall

Blinded by Love

"I really didnt think you would come." Dara said to Jiyong as they walked around outside to the gazibo. 

 

 

"Yeah, well my time opened so I thought why not."He shrugged but slightly smiled to himself. 

 

 

 

"Do you do this witha lot of girls? Pretend you cant come but show up cool." She laughed not believing him. 

 

 

 

"Yah, I've never had a girlfriend before thank you very much." He told her. "Im not interested in girls."

 

 

 

"Omo!" She gasped. "Then, are you..."

 

 

"What?" He asked.

 

 

 

"I should have known." She slapped her forehead. 

 

 

"What are you on about?" He furrowed his eyesbrows. 

 

 

"I should've known it when I felt your longlashes and why i never hear any girls voices around you and only the other guys and why you dont like going to clubs and try to avoid me." She shook her head. 

 

 

"Yah, what are you talking about?" He asked gettting frustrated. 

 

 

 

"The signs were all there!" She waved her hands in front of her. 

 

 

"Huh?" He thought for a minute before it hit him. "YAH. IM NOT GAY!" 

 

 

"You're not?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "Then why dont you have an interest in girls?" 

 

 

"I just dont! Do you always have a guy in your life??" He yelled at her. 

 

 

 

"Ani But-" She tried to explain. 

 

 

"Then nothing!" He exclaimed and crossed his arms while slumping onto the bed. 

 

 

"Then does that mean you've never had your first kiss?" Dara suddenly asked. 

 

 

Jiyongs eyes fluttered for a second as he looked up at her staring innocently into the distance. 

 

 

 

"No, I havent." He answered not thinking. Dara slightly nodded and sat next to him after her legs became tired. 

 

 

She leaned her head back and closed her eyes on the back of the bench. He stared at her, something he usually caught himself doing when they were together.

 

 

"You know, most people close their eyes to hide away the rest of the world from their eyes..but for me, thats my everyday life. My life is the same whether my eyes are open or not." She told him. 

 

 

"And thats a bad thing?" He asked her. 

 

 

She opened her eyes and lifted her head from his sudden question. "Yeah. It is." 

 

 

He grabbed her hands and put them on his cheeks. "Tell me what you feel." He told her to do. Her hands felt around his face, around the same eyes she felt last time, the same nose, same forehead. 

 

 

"I feel a warm person. A kind person. Someone who's very passionate about what he loves." She told him. 

 

 

"You're wrong." He thought to himself. Her hands reached to his lips finally. She cupped his face on his cheeks and began to bring him closer and closer. 

 

 

 

And for that one second, Jiyong decided to be selfish and let Dara kiss him. But it was ruined. 

 

 

 

His phone that was placed beside them on the table, lit up from a call. A call from his mom. 

 

 

The second was over. 

 

 

 

"*Ehem*" He cleared his throat and pulled Daras hands away from his face. "I should go." Daras face and shoulders fell when he pulled her arms away. He got up and grabbed his phone. "Thanks for inviting me Dara. It was fun." He said before walking away. 

 

 

"Jiyong?" She softly called out so only she could hear. "Kajima." 

 

 

 

"Hyung, where have you been?" Seungri asked Jiyong when he walked the entrance. 

 

 

"Make sure Dara gets inside safely." Jiyong told Seungri before he walked away to his car. Seungri furrowed his eyebrows and looked over at the gazibo where Dara was sitting along staring at the ground. 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

-RING RING- 

 

 

 

"Yobosayo?" Cl answered her phone. 

 

 

"Chaerin ah!!" Dara called. "Minzy and I are going to see a movie, wanna come? Boms working on her mock trial papers so she cant." 

 

 

"Cant, mianhe Dara yah, I have GODDAMN ESSAY TO WRITE THAT IS GOING TO BE THE END OF ME." Cl yelled practically pulling her hair out. 

 

 

 

"So im guessing thats a no?" Dara asked as she giggled. 

 

 

 

"Yeah." Cl sighed. "Mianhe. I would if i could, but i cant, so i shant." 

 

 

 

"Shant?" Dara raised an eyebrow as her and Minzy got in line to buy the tickets. 

 

 

"It rhymes alright?" Cl sighed as she flickered cold water on her face to keep herself cool. 

 

 

"Alright alright. Dont get stressed out and good luck!" Dara told her. 

 

 

 

"Good luck unni!" Minzy called as well to Cl. 

 

 

"Thanks guys." Cl sighed. "I gotta go, the papers due in an hour and I have a whole other page to go. See ya." 

 

 

"See ya/bye." Dara and Minzy said before they hung up. 

 

 

 

"Should we get the medium or small popcorn?" Minzy asked Dara. 

 

 

They thought fora bit. "Large." They nodded before Minzy ordered their large popcorn and drinks. 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"DONE!!!!!" Cl cheered and began to do a little dance."WOOO!!!!" She ran around the house and went to hug all of her family members. 

 

 

 

"YAH. GET.OFF.OF.ME!!!!" Haerin yelledwhen Cl tackled her. "DONT TOUCH ME!!!" 

 

 

 

"Not even your brattiness can ruin my mood because you know why?? I JUST FINISHED MY PAPER 30 MINUTES BEFORE ITS DUE!! WOOT WOOT!!" Cl cheered and ran to get changed so she wouldnt be late in handing in her paper. 

 

 

 

"Michin yeoja." Haerin shook her head and returned to her laptop movie. 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"Hey Minzy!" Someone called Minzy. SHe turned aroundna dher face lit up with happiness. 

 

 

 

"Young Deuk Oppa!" Minzy smiled surprised to see him there. 

 

 

 

"Hey!" He walked over to her and Dara. "Hey noona." 

 

 

 

"Annyeong." Dara smiled. "Who're you here with?" 

 

 

 

"Deuk ah, where'd you go?" Jiyong called when he walked out from the bathroom. He looked around and saw Young Deuk talking to two girls but couldnt see who it was since their backs were facing him. But as he got closer, he recognized the voices. 

 

 

 

"Oh Jiyong hyung!" Young Deuk called when he saw Jiyong walking toward them. Dara slightly smiled to herself when Minzy gave her a giddy nudge. They turned around and waved. 

 

 

 

"Annyeong oppa!" Minzy waved happily. 

 

 

 

 

"Annyeong." He slightly smiled at her. 

 

 

 

"What movie are you guys seeing?" Young Deuk asked. 

 

 

 

"Another Love Story. You?" Dara answered. 

 

 

 

"We were going to see The Avengers." Young Deuk said. 

 

 

 

"Oh cool." The girls nodded. 

 

 

 

"But since we're all together, we wouldnt mind seeing Another Love story with you guys." Deukkie said wanting to spend time with Minzy. 

 

 

 

"Oh chincha?" Minzy couldnt hide her happiness. "Lets go then." 

 

 

 

"Is that ok hyung?" Deuk asked Jiyong. 

 

 

"What? Oh, yeah. I guess." Jiyong answered a little irritated. Minzy and Young Deuk smiled and went ahead while Dara and Jiyong followed awkwardly behind them. 

 

 

 

When Jiyong, Minzy, and Young Deuk began turning into their movie room, Dara kept going since she couldnt hear their footsteps on the soft carpet. Jiyong grabbed her arm and pulled her into the room. 

 

 

 

"You're blind but you're going to see a movie." He slightly scoffed. 

 

 

 

"Doesnt mean I cant hear the movie." She shrugged beofre they all went inside. Young Deuk and Minzy sat on the edge of the aisle next to each other practically forcing Jiyong to sit next to Dara. 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Come on baby. Get an A." She kissed her essay and slipped it into the turn-in bin back at her collge. 

 

 

 

She said a little prayer for her essay to get a good grade and went to her next class. 

 

 

 

"Good afternoon yeorobun." The teacher greeted the class when she walked in. "We're going to get started right away so get out your notes and the packet I passed out the other day. If you dont have your packet, look off of someone else but im taking points for not being prepared for class." The teacher said quickly. Cl reached into her bag and looked for her paket but began to panic when she couldnt find it. She looked through her other zippers and sighed in relief when she found a packet. 

 

 

 

She took it out and almost screamed. IT WAS THE WRONG PACKET!!

 

 

 

"Is something wrong Cl?" The teacher asked her as everybody turned to look at her. 

 

 

 

She raised her eyes and smile sheepishly. "A- ani. I, uh, saw a bug." 

 

 

The students rolled their eyes as the teacher returned to the lesson. 

 

 

 

"OMO OTTOKE OTTOKE?!!?!? I TURNED IN THE WRONG PACKET!!!!" Se screamed silently to herself. What she had in her hands right now, was the 10 page essay she had worked on for 2 weeks. 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

-THUMP- 

 

 

Bom was fast alseep with a pile of law books around her. 

 

 

 

-THUMP- 

 

 

"*snort* who's there?" She sprung up. 

 

 

 

-THUMP- 

 

 

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked around for her glasses. She put them on and saw a baseball hit her window. 

 

 

"what the?" She got up as she put her hair up in a bun. She walked over to the window and opened it up to see if anyone was there. After she opened the window, a baseball flew up from the ground and went straight threw her window knocking over her bookbag. 

 

 

"Oh my god!" She jumped back from fright. Miho sprung awake as well and began to bark. She ran to the ball and began playing with it immediatly. "Yah, arent you supposed to be our guard dog?" She asked Miho who was toobusychewing on the white ball. 

 

 

 

-THUMP- 

 

 

This time, a ball hit her front door making Bom jump again. She put on her jacket and boots and went outside. She peeked over the ledge and gasped. 

 

 

 

"Top?!" She exclaimed when she saw Top standing below her terrace with a bucket of balls and a giant piece of paper next to him on the ground. 

 

 

 

"Oh good! you're finally awake!" He smiled up at her. 

 

 

 

"what the hell are you doing?? Someones gonna call the cops on you, probably me!" She yelled at him. 

 

 

 

"Pick up one of the balls and look at it!" He yelled up to her. She furrowed her eyebrows and picked one of them up. 

 

 

She tilted her head to the side a little not understanding what he was asking. She looked down at him and her eyes grew wide. 

 

 

 

"Oh my god." She placed her hand over . 

 

 

There he was, Top, standing below her terrace, with a sing asking her to be his. Just like she always dreamed. 

 

 

 

"Park Bom, Will you be mine?" He smiled at her. She stared at him for a bit before quickly running in and grabbing a pen. She rushed back out and circled one of the answers on the baseball and tossed it back to him. 

 

 

 

He caught of the ball and looked for the answer. 

 

 

 

 

He looked up and smiled big. "chincha??" 

 

 

 

She smiled and nodded back. He rolled the poster up and ran up to her. He ran up and lifted her up for a hug as she laughed and hugged him. She never thought this moment could ever be real. Was she dreaming? If it was, she didnt wanna wake up. But this felt too real. He felt too real. Bom never thought she could be happier. She felt like she had been chasing something for years and it was finally hers. Top, was finally hers. And she was his. 

 

 

 

At that moment, the snow began to fall. The first snowfall of the season. 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Aish." Cl blew warm air into her hands as she stood outside of the college waiting for everyone to leave. She needed to get that packet back, this essay would determine half of her grade for the semester. 

 

 

It was freezing outside since it was almost December but nevertheless, that paper was the only thing on her mind right now. It was almost midnight, almost closing time. 

 

 

As she stood by the side of the school trying not to be seen, she saw the last professor walk out and she silently thanked her blessings. 

 

 

 

She put her hood up and snuck around the back and into the college to swap her packets. As she walked down the hall, she realized taking the elevator would be too risky so she decided to use the stairs instead. She used her student card to open the stairs door and crept up the stairs careful so the janitors wouldnt see her. 

 

 

She reached her floor but had to hide around the corner when she saw one of the cleaning memebers wiping up the floor by her room. She bit her lip tyring to hold her breath so she wouldnt be heard. The ahjussi walked by her and went into another room so Cl sighed in relief and crept to the room carefully. 

 

 

 

She took out her hair pin and jammed it into the lock to unlock it. The lock made a loud 'click' noise that caused Cl to swear more than nay other time in her life. She heard the janitor coming back and she quickly jumped inside the room and locked the door behind her. She ducked behind the desk when the janitor shined his light into the room. 

 

 

 

After a couple of minutes when she thought it was safe to come out, she crawled over to the turn-in bin and looked for her essay. 

 

 

"oh thank god." She whispered when she found it. She took out her essay from under her jacket and switched it with her notes packet. 

 

 

"The stars are looking down on me today." She smiled and began working back towards the door to leave. She peeked out of the room to see if the coast was clear, and when she saw no one, she tiptoed out. She walked alongside the walls, with a pretty easy way back but found trouble when she was almost at the back door. She heard three pairs of feet surrounding her. She gasped and looked around. There were two security guards coming from one way, and an ahjumma janitor from the other end. She looked around for a place to hide. She tried to open the door next to her but it was locked, she tried another door but that was locked too. She began to panic when Cl heard a door behind her open. Someones arm grabbed her and pulled her into the closet. 

 

 

Someones arms wrapped around her and they stood, chest to chest, right next to the door in the dark. Nobody said anything until they were sure the secuity guards and janitor were gone. 

 

 

The persons arm reached over and the light. She looked up and gasped when she saw a familiar face looking at her. 

 

 

"Seunghyun?!?!" She gasped and furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

 

He slightly smirked. "Do you remember the last time we were this close?" He asked. 

 

 

 

-FLASHBACK- 

 

 

"Yeah omma. Im coming home right now." Seungri told his mom before he hung up as he walked out of Cls college. His mom was a professor there and she asked him to drop some paper work off for her before the school closed. He was about to drive away in his car when he noticed a familiar figure walking to the back door. 

 

 

"Cl?" He furrowed his eyebrows. When she faced him to look around to see if anyone was walking, he slightly chuckled. "What're you doing pabo?" He got out of his car and decided to follow her in. 

 

 

He had followed her only half way though, he saw some security guards coming their way so he had to hide and thats when he got into the janitors closet that they were in now. He waited and waited to see when she would come back down again and when she did, he noticed the workers coming towards her and decided to be her knight and help her out. 

 

 

-END FLASHBACK-

 

 

He leaned his his over to the window and looked out to see if everyone was really gone. 

 

 

"We're good." He said and looked back at her. She pushed him off and glared at him again before storming out of there. 

 

 

 

"Yah! I just saved your life!" He ran after her. 

 

 

"I dont need any saving. I was just fine." She glared.

 

 

 

"Oh yeah. Says the girl who was just about to be busted for cheating." He scoffed. Cl stopped in her tracks and whipped around angrilly at him/ 

 

 

 

"I was NOT cheating!! I was swtiching my essay out because i handed in the wrong thing. I did nothing wrong!" Se argued at him. 

 

 

"Oh really? f you did nothing wrong, then why were you scared of being seen?" He asked her. He had her there, he was right. And Cl knew it too. But she would never in a million years admit that. 

 

 

 

"I dont wanna deal with you right now." She said before storming off again. 

 

 

"Oh come on Chaerin ah! I was kidding!" He defended himself. 

 

 

"Dont care." She answered. 

 

 

 

"Just hang on a second." He grabbed her arm and turned her back around. 

 

 

"What do you want now?" She spat at him. 

 

 

 

"A second chance." He said suddenly. Cls eyes flickered as she looked up at him. "I want a second chance, with you. With us." 

 

 

 

Cl felt something on her head and looked up, snow. The first snowfall of the season began to fall at that second. 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

"Waahh!!! That was such a cute movie!!!" Minzy exclaimed as the four of them walked out of the movie theater. 

 

"right?? I especially loved the ending! That one couple was so funny. I love how she kept hitting him in the end when she was pregnant!!" Dara laughed. 

 

 

"I know right!!" Minzy and Dara laughed. 

 

 

 

"Minzy yah, do you wanna go get something ice cream or something?" Young Deuk asked her when they were walking to their cars. 

 

 

"Uh, I cant. Mianhe. I have to drop Unni off." Minzy said. 

 

 

"No no! I'll take the bus, you go and have fun." Dara smiled to her. 

 

 

"Unni are you crazy?? Theres no way im letting you get on a bus at this time!! Its almost midnight!!" Minzy exclaimed after seeing the time. 

 

 

"Its fine!! I'll be ok." Dara assured her. 

 

 

"No way." Minzy shook her head.

 

 

 

"I'll drop her off." Jiyong said surprsing everyone. "I'll take her home." 

 

 

"Uh, yeah. Jiyong can just take me home. See? Now can you go and have fun with Deukki?" Dara asked Minzy. 

 

 

"Thanks hyung." Deukkie thanked Jiyong. 

 

 

 

"Arasso." Minzy smiled. "I'll call you later unni."

 

 

 

Dara nodded before Minzy and Deukkie walked away to his car to go to the ice cream shop. 

 

 

"Should we go too?" Dara asked Jiyong. He looked at her intensly. Tonight, he wanted to be selfish. 

 

 

"Ani. Lets walk for a bit." Jiyong said as he took her by the hand and began walking around the sidewalk. 

 

 

-Dugan. Dugan. Dugan-

 

 

Daras heart sped up as he interlocked their fingers and walked together. She didnt know what to say and didnt care, she was just so happy right now. To be here with Jiyong. 

 

 

 

Dara lifted her hand up to catch something falling from the sky. Jiyong looked up. "Can you feel it? Its the first snowfall of the season." He slightly smiled at the beautiful shining snow flakes coming from the sky gently resting on the surfaces. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, did you guys know that whoever you see the first snowfall of the season with, they'll be a loved one of yours for the rest of your life?"