finally

Blinded by Love

Dara walked back up the stairs in a daze and into the house. Bom was sitting on the matress against the wall with her knees to her chest staring into space. When she heard the door open and Dara walked in, nobody said anything. 

"What did Mrs. Kwon say?" Bom finally asked as they both sat in the same position. 

"I dont wanna talk about it." Dara sighed and rested her head on her knees. "Leave South Korea with this money and you'll never here from me again. But of course, never contact my Jiyong again or speak with him." Mrs. Kwons words bounced around in Daras head. If she took the money, her and Bom wouldn't have to live like this anymore. They could buy an apartment with their own rooms, get a better car, they wouldnt have to eat ramyun every other night, they could eat real food. But most importantly, Dara would have enough money for the surgery. 

"I'll be outside." Dara got up again. She needed some fresh air and just needed to be alone. Bom wasnt paying attention really thinking of her own thoughts. 

 

-FLASHBACK- 

"Well, we have been watching you for quite some time now and we have come a conclusion." The man smiled. 

"And what is your conclusion I may ask?" Bom asked as she filled Mihos food bowl up. 

 

"Well Miss Park, we have contacted your professors at Seoul U, and 5/6 of them say that you are their best student." The man continued. "And here at Harvard Law, we only accept the best. I understand applied here after you got out of high school." 

"Yes. But I wasnt accepted." Bom pointed out. 

 

"What if I were to tell you that you are accepted now?" 

"Excuse me? I dont follow." Bom furrowed his eyebrows not understanding what he trying to say. 

"Miss Park we are offering you a scholarship to come study at Harvard Law. This often does not happen where a student catches our eye like this, but you have shown outstanding abilites and we would love to have you." Professor Stewert exclaimed. 

"W- what?" Boms eyes widened. "A s- scholarship to H- Harvard Law School?" 

Professor Stewert chuckled on the other end of the phone. "Yes. I know they may seem a little sudden so we'll give you some time to think. And if you do decide to join us, you will start in September at the beginning of the school year. I hope you will think about it and take us up on our offer. Goodbye for now Miss Bom Park." The man said kindly before hanging up. 

The food bowl dropped out of Boms hands making it crash on the floor causing the food to scatter everywhere. 

 

-ENDFLASHBACK- 

 

Boms ran her fingers through her hair. "Oh my god." 


"Bom ah!" Bom heard Dara yelling. "Your eye candy's here." 


Bom furrowed her eyebrows but then realized Dara was talking about Top. She smiled and ran out into his arms. 


"Woah. Missed me that much?" He laughed and hugged her back. 


"Yeah. I did." Bom smiled. "What're you doing here though? Don't you have practice today?" 


"I do." Top smiled mischievously.


"And...?" Bom eyed him suspiciously. 

"Im skipping." He told her. 


"What?? You're skipping?? Is that even allowed?" Bom exclaimed. 

"Nah. But what do I have to practice for? Come on let's go." He held his hand out for her. 

"Seunghyun ah, I really think you should go to practice." She hesitated to take his hand. 


"Oh come. Don't be such a kill joy. I'm trying to be romantic here." He pouted. Bom was still hesitant. She didn't wanna be the reason he ditches practice, heck, she didn't want him to skip at all. 

But she needed him right now. She could be selfish, just this once right?

"Fine. But only for today arasso? And then don't you even think about skipping again." She said sternly but took his hand. 

"Arasso arasso." He nodded but smiled that she agreed. 


"Dara will you be ok?" Bom yelled to Dara inside. 


"Yeah." Dara nodded as she studied for her exams. 


"Arasso. I'll be back before dinner." Bom called before Top whisked her away. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------


Jiyong unlocked the door to his moms house and stepped inside feeling exhausted from being at work all day. 

"Omma. I'm home." He called as he took his shoes off and sat his briefcase down. He walked in to the big house and heard yelling and screaming from the dining room. 

"Omma? Noona?" Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and towards the kitchen. 


"OMMA YOU CANT KEEP DOING THIS!" Ji Hyo furiously screamed at her mother. Jiyong peeked around the corner and saw his mother and older sister screaming back and forth at each other with a silver briefcase of the table.


"Keep your voice down. Do you want to wake the Chairman??" Mrs. Kwon warned through her gritted teeth.

"You're impossible. First the surgery, now this?? Just kill the poor girl why don't you!!" Ji Hyo yelled getting angrier and angrier.


"This is not my fault!! I have perfectly good reasons for doing this!! I'm doing all of this for Jiyong!" Their mother defended herself. 

"All this for Jiyong?? Are you kidding me?? You're doing this for no one other than yourself and that goddamn husband of yours!!" Ji Hyo yelled pointing upstairs to where Mr. Kwon was. 


"SONG JI HYO." Her mother yelled at her daughter when she said 'goddamn husband.'


"What's going on?" Jiyong walked in not being able to hold back.

Ji Hyo and Mrs. Kwon both looked over at him when he unexpectedly walked in. 

"Go ahead. Tell him." Ji Hyo challenged at her mother.


"Jiyong not now." Their mother sighed as she sat down and rubbed her temples.


"Really? You're seriously not going to tell him?" Ji Hyo raised an eyebrow trying to calm herself. 

"Tell me what?" Jiyong asked. 

"YOUR mother," Ji Hyo pointed to Mrs. Kwon, "has something she wants to tell you." 

"And that is...?" Jiyong raised an eyebrow. He looked at the money and back at Mrs. Kwon. "Omma what is that?" 

"I tried to help-"


"Help??" Ji Hyo screamed. "You were telling her to screw off basically!!"


"Song Ji Hyo. I will have not have that kind if language in my house." Her mother warned. 


"Yeah because you're so loving and caring that you wouldn't even dare think about cursing let alone what you're trying to do right now and what you did almost 15 years ago." Ji Hyo glared at her mother. Never in her life had she been so angry with her mother.


"Omma you didn't." Jiyong finally grasped the situation. "Tell me you didn't offer that money to Dara." Jiyong shook his head. 


"I did nothing wrong. I was doing what I had to do for your bright future." Mrs. kwon calmly sat down in her chair and closed the briefcase. 


"Do you hear yourself?? You paid the love of your sons life to leave him!! How can you sleep at night??" Ji Hyo screamed getting fired up again. 


"I did nothing wrong!!" Mrs. Kwon slammed her hands down onto the table silencing the two. "Listen to me carefully now. I will not have my son being with some mutt that he picked up off the street. My son will have class and poise with a woman of his status. Do you hear me??" When Jiyong nor Ji Hyo said anything, Mrs. Kwon calmly got up and went upstairs leaving the Ji Hyo fuming and Jiyong with his thoughts. 


Ji Hyo walked over to him and sat him down across from her. 

"Listen to me Jiyong." Ji Hyo held his hands. "How much do you love Dara?" 

"How much do I love Dara?" He repeated. How much did he actually love Dara? "I love her more than anyone I've met besides you." He finally answered.


"Then go. Go to her, tell her you love her, and protect her with all your might. Omma won't stop here and you know that." 

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "What if she needs the money and decides to accept it?" 

"From what I've seen and heard about her, whether she accepts the money or not, she'll be upset. So it's better if she doesn't take the money with you at her side." Ji Hyo told him. "Go tell her before it's too late." 

Jiyong stared at his wonderful Noona with warm eyes. 

 

------------------------------------------------


Bom walked back into the house and smiled to herself. Her and Top had went out to a cafe and got some snacks there to eat. It wasn't anything special or exciting, but she enjoyed it nevertheless. She was always happy with him.

-RING RING-


"Hello?" Dara answered her phone. 


"Let's go out tonight." Cl told Dara. 

"Who is it?" Bom asked. 


"Cl." Dara answered and returned to the call. "Go out where and why so sudden?" 


"We haven't been to the club in a while. And I don't know, i just feel like going out tonight." Cl sighed. School had been adding up lately and she needed a break. 


"Looks like we all need a night out." Bom sighed. 


"Yeah." Dara agreed. "Arasso. Me and Bom will you guys up at 7." 


"Great! See you then!" Cl exclaimed happily and they hung up.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

"Hyung." Taeyang called Top. "You're not gonna believe who's here." 


 "What do you mean?" Top asked back in his apartment. 


"Our four lovely queens. I'm at one of Jiyongs clubs right now with Dae and our other work friends." Taeyang chuckled after he saw Dara, Cl, Bom, and Minzy walk into the club. "And let me tell you, I don't think you want your girlfriend wearing something like that in a place infested with , drunk men." 

"WHAT?? BOMS AT ONE OF JIYONGS CLUBS??" Top shouted. "Lock her in a room and I'll be there in ten."

Bom was wearing a black short dress that brought out her curves perfectly. She had curled her long brown hair and it hung loosely on her bare shoulders that were only covered by the thin straps of the dress. She was wearing silver pumps with it that made her legs glow beautifully. Dara's dress was slightly shorter than Boms and came to the middle of her thighs. The dress was a dark royal blue. It was strapless and the top part hugged her chest but flowed loosely at the bottom part. Her blonde hair swayed as she watched catching the eyes of many men. Cl walked in looking like a queen with her short black skirt and white top. The shirt was see through but she only wore a black bandeau underneath revealing her smooth stomach. She had matching white heels on as well which complimented her smooth legs. Minzy of course looked hot as usual. She was wearing black jean shorts with a red and blue sparkly shirt that had slits on the sides which showed her stomach at times when she moved. The shirt was strapless like Dara and she was wearing black heels along with men. Men stared in awe at the four beautiful girls.

"Let's go dance!" Bom smiled and pulled the other girls to the dance floor. Immediately, they were surrounded by dozens of men. 


"You better hurry dude." Taeyang chuckled when he saw multiple men check the girls out.  Taeyang and Top hung up and Top angrily drove to the club. 

 

"Man, I needed this." Dara told the girls when they reached the bar.

"A couple of shots ladies?" The bartender asked them smiling. 


"Keep 'em coming." Minzy laughed. 

"Alright!" The guy laughed and gave them each three glasses of shots. The girls downed them in a few seconds and went crazy. 


"Oh my god it's been so long since I last drank!!" Dara exclaimed. 

"Tell me about it." Cl agreed.


After a few minutes of flirting, drinking, and dancing around, three angry men walked in scanning the crowd for their girls. Top had called Jiyong and Seungri since Dara and Cl were here with Bom as well. 


"Where are they??" Jiyong exclaimed angrily as he looked for Dara. 

"I see yours!" Seungri told Top when he saw Bom dancing at the dance floor. 


"She's so dead tonight." Top gritted his teeth and charged after her. 


"I see Cl." Jiyong pointed over at Cl who was taking shots with Minzy. 

"Just because she hates me and we're not dating, she thinks she can come to places like this??" Seungri yelled angrily and bolted towards her. Jiyong looked around worried now, Dara wasn't with Bom on the dance floor, nor was she with Cl and Minzy at the bar. He looked around the whole place but found her no where. He checked outside thinking she might've wondered out there.

"Dara!" He called. 

"Naega che chala ga." Jiyong heard a feminine voice by the club. He turned around and saw Dara leaning against the wall with her eyes closed. A wave of relief rushed through him but anger immediately replaced the relief. He charged over to her and grabbed her wrist. 

"OMO!" She exclaimed when she opened her eyes.  

Jiyong glared at her angrily. "Are you insane?? What were you thinking of coming here??" 

Dara's ears perked up when she heard Jiyongs voice. "Heeeeeeeyy! My Jiyonggie is heeeeeere!" Dara smiled from ear to ear. 


"Yah. A- are you drunk?" He furrowed his eyebrows. 


Dara blinked and tried to stand up straight. "Aniyo." She tired to say with a straight face but burst out laughing. "Maybe a little bit." She giggled. 


"Alright. That's it. You're going home." Jiyong grabbed her wrists and pulled her towards his car. 

"But I'm perfectly fine." Dara yawned when she got into his car. The whole ride back to her house, Dara kept playing with Jiyong like poking his face and pulling his hair or trying to lay down on his lap. 


"Chincha Dara stop it!" He yelled at her. Dara laughed and one of his arms which he softened up by suddenly. 


"But I love you!" She giggled. Jiyong lost his breath and looked over at her. She realized what she had said and nervously sat back in her seat. She was now just fiddling with her fingers. "I really do." She whispered


Jiyong bit his lip and at the next U-turn, he turned the car around and sped to his house. 


"Come on." He held his hand out for Dara when they reached his apartment garage. 


"Where are we? This doesn't feel like my house." Dara stepped on the ground which didn't feel like the ground at the bottom of her staircase. 

"It's not." Jiyong told her and walked to the elevator and up to his house. 


"Jiyong where am I?" Dara yawned as she came out of her drunkness. 

"My apartment." He said as he took his jacket off and hung it up. 


"You're apartment?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "Why're we in your apartment?" 


Jiyong didn't answer because he didn't know the answer himself. Why had he brought her home instead of taking Dara back to her own house? 


"Jiyong take me home." Dara said sternly. She wasn't ready to face him yet. She was angry at him for doing this when he said he didn't have any feelings for her and confused because of what happened with his mother. 

"Just stay here tonight. I'm tired." He lied trying to think of a good excuse as to why he brought her here. 


"Stay here tonight?? Are you serious?" She crossed her arms. "Stay here after you flat out rejected me?? I don't think so. " Dara shook her head. "I'll take a bus home or something." She turned around and was about to walk out and Jiyong grabbed her wrist and whipped her around. Dara didn't even have time to do anything because he crashed his lips down on hers. His hands wrapped her waist and pulled her closer. Dara's eyes and lips betrayed her mind and began to respond to the kiss. Her eyes slowly closed and her lips kissed him back. Man was he a good kisser. Their lips molded together perfectly like a match made in heaven.

Dara's hands held his head gently. Jiyong moved his head so he could kiss her more passionately. He broke the kiss but their foreheads kept touching as he slightly panted. 


"Don't go. Please." He told her as he hugged her. Her head lay on his chest with his head resting on hers. He was holding her protectively but warmly at the same time. Dara nodded and hugged him back. She lifted her head and he stared into her eyes. He smiled slightly before he captured her lips again.