break up

Blinded by Love

The days went by slowly for Dara then. Jiyong left and the wedding was only a few days away. It killed her everytime Jaejoong spoke or looked at her so lovingly. But they both knew something changed in them. Dara felt like a walking sin, she was engaged but slept with the man who she loved who wasnt her fiance. And Jaejoong, in the pit of his stomach, knew Dara had changed and felt bad that he kept pulling her into the marrige. But he just couldnt let her go. 

"Should we try the cakes now? We can get back to the desserts later then." The baker said after Jaejoong and Dara couldnt choose the dessert menu. 

"Sure." Dara shrugged and emotionlessly followed him to the back where they kept the wedding cakes. 

"You ok?" Jaejoong nudged Dara. She turned to him and gave him an assuring smile. Even though they both she was lying, they didnt say anything. 

"Well i know what will make you cheer up." The baker smiled and grabbed a spoon from the drawer. He walked to the end of the counter where a beautiful white wedding cake sample with blue swirls and pink heart was. He lifted the lid and spooned some of the icing and red velvet cake off. "Say 'ah' Mrs. Kim." 

Dara rolled her eyes but nevertheless smiled did as she was told. The baker fed her the cake and she chewed it enjoying the taste. "Its good." 

Jaejoong took the spoon from the baker and tried some himself. He smiled and nodded. "I think this ones good." 

"Oh wonderful!" The baker beamed and clapped his hands together. Jaejoong looked at Dara and she gave him a meek smile. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Jiyong ah! Come on out!!" Mrs. Kwon banged on his door. 

Jiyong didnt even move and kept staring out of the window. "I wonder what she's doing right now." 

"Jiyong ah please!! I havent seen you since you came back!! I need to see my son." Mrs. Kwon begged endlessly. 

"I bet she's furious with me. Im a coward. I shouldve fought for her. But what about Jaejoong? Im sure he loves her as much as I do. I cant be selfish." He sighed and stepped away from the window. He fell onto his bed and went to sleep like he always does. 

 

"Call Ji Hyo right now and tell her to take the nearest flight over here. Maybe she can talk some sense into that fool." Mrs. Kwon hissed to her maid. 

"Deh." The maid bowed her head and scurried off to make the phone call. 

Ever since Jiyong came back, he wouldnt even look at his mother. He stayed in his room all day unless he had to go to work. He would eat his meals late at night or whenever Mrs. Kwon wasnt home. He was afraid if he saw her, he would blow up and create a disaster. 

He only talked to Ji Hyo now and then on the phone, he missed her greatly. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara was driving home late at night when she zoned out. "How is he doing? Did he get home safely? Stupid Bastard. Just try showing up in front of me again Kwon Jiyong. I'll make sure you regret it." 

 

-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP-

 

"Omona!" Dara screamed and swerved to the right when a car horn honked at her because she was swaying into the other lane that was coming towards her. Many cars beeped at her for almost causing a big accident. Dara pulled up onto the side to relax her nerves. But she looked in the mirror and found her eyes glistening with tears. She looked down at her hand. Her engagement ring was on her ring finger, and Jiyongs ring was on her middle finger. She stared down at them blinking back many tears. It was time for her to make a choice. Dara cried out and rested her head on her steering wheel. "IDIOT. STUPID . DARA YOU ." Dara screamed and cursed at herself repeatedly. She stayed like that for another 20 minutes crying and screaming in frustration before she wiped her tears and looked at her hand. "Im sorry." She whispered as she took Jiyongs ring off. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara walked into her apartment and looked around with sad eyes. "Oppa?" She called softly. 

"In here." Jaejoong answered from his study. Dara slipped her shoes off and walked over to the room he was in. He looked up with slightly tired eyes and pushed his papers away. She smiled s he did that. No matter what he was working on, he would always put it on hold for her. And that made her evem more guilty. 

"Oppa can we talk?" She softly asked as she walked in. 

"Talk? Yeah sure." He nodded and pulled a chair over for her. "Whats on your mind?" 

Dara sat down but couldnt meet his eyes. She stared down at her engagement ring and turned it around on her finger. "Oppa.."

"Is everything okay?" He furrowed his eyebrows getting a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. 

She sniffled and took her ring off. "Im sorry Jaejoong oppa." Dara whispered and placed the ring on the desk. She finally looked up and he saw how red and teary her eyes were. 

"Dara...no..." Jaejoong gulped as he understood the situation. 

Dara let a tear escape from her right eye but quickly wiped it away. "Im so sorry oppa." He couldnt say anything. He knew things had changed, but he didnt think they changed enough for her to cancel their marriage. "I dont even know where to start." She sorrowfully chuckled at her stupidity. "But i think I knew for a while that, this wasnt going to happen. And...i think you know why." she gazed into his sad eyes. It killed her so much to see him like this. Never once, did Dara see Jaejoongs eyes to beaten and depressed. 

Jaejoong looked down and nodded. He knew why this was happening and wished there was something he could do but he couldnt think of anything. 

"I love you oppa, i love you so much. You're one of the greatest things that happened to me." Dara placed a warm hand on his cheek. "But i cant love you in the way that you love me. And i wish i could, but..." she stopped for a little and her voice changed into a whisper. "but i already gave that love to someone else 5 years ago."

Jaejoong felt like someone just stabbed him multiples times. "Jiyong..." Dara lowered her head and nodded when he said the name. 

Then he did something that Dara didnt expect at all: he hugged her. Jaejoong soflty wrapped his hands around Daras little frame and pulled her close. 

"O- oppa..." Daras eyes widened in surprise. 

"I love you too." He whispered. Dara's face fell and guilt covered her face. She eased her shoulders and hugged him back. "I want whatever makes you happy ok? Im not gonna force you into the wedding if you dont wanna do it." 

And with that, Daras cried out and buried her head on his shoulders endlessly crying. "you just couldnt make this easy could you??"

Jaejoong slightly chuckled as she cried on his shoulders. "What can i say? Im too perect." 

"idiot..." Dara sniffled and slightly whacked him on the shoulder but nevertheless still smiled.