the storm

Blinded by Love

"Good Afternoon. Are you Mr. Kwon?" A doctor smiled as he walked towards Mrs. Kwon at the Seoul Hospital. 

Mrs. Kwon got up and shook the mans hand. "Yes. Good afternoon."

"Im Dr. Ahn Jong Ho. What is there is that you needed to talk to me about?" He asked as he lead her to his office. 

Mrs. Kwon sighed and sat down across the table from him. "You're the doctor doing Sandara Parks eye surgery this Sunday right?" 

"Deh." Dr. Ahn nodded. 

"I see.." Mrs. Kwon nodded. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll be back soon arasso? I just need to see noona for a second." Jiyong told Dara in the waiting room. 

"Okay." Dara nodded. 

"Just wait here until they call you and the nurse will lead you in." He said again. 

"Jiyong, I know." dara laughed. "You dont need to baby me." 

"Yes I do." He said hugging her. 

"Alright get out of here." Dara giggled and pushed him away. 

"Be right back." Jiyong said before he kissed her and left. 

 

 

"Noona?" Jiyong walked into Ji Hyos hotel room. Ji Hyo had called him to ocme over for a minute or two because she needed to show him something.

"Over here." Ji Hyo said from the living room. He walked over to where she was and noticed a weird expression on her face. Was it worry? Sadness? Anger? He couldnt really tell but he knew she wasnt in a good mood. 

"What is it?" He asked warily and sat down next to her. 

"Jiyong..I need to tell you something." Ji Hyo bit her lip as she opened the email Dr. Adams had sent their mother. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Whats going on guys?" Top finally asked after all the players on the team had filed into his house. None of the players said anything though. Some looked angry, others looked a little sorry, everyone else had expressions that Top couldnt read. 

"Well someone say something!" Top exclaimed after 10 minutes of uneasy silence. One of the guys nudged Seungri since everyone knew Top was closest to Seungri on the team. 

"Well, hyung. Its just that, you've, you havent been yourself lately..." Seungri stuttered.

"Meaning..." Top asked. 

"Meaning you have to break up with Bom." One of the older players blurted out. 

"What?" Top raised his eyebrows. "what does Bom have to do with any of this?"

"Hyung. You've missed 3 practices every since you started seeing her. AND you missed a game last week!!" 

"That was the last straw. We cant believe you missed a game." Another player told him sternly. 

"That girl has got you blinded by love or whatever the hell there is between you guys." The older one yelled. 

"Hyung, stop it." Seungri warned the older player before turning to Top. "Hyung, its not Bom noonas fault. Its just that we wish you would make the team your top priority." 

"No! Dont sugar coat it Seungri yah! It is Boms fault! Ever since they started dating he's barely been part of the team. He comes to the game with her, and leaves right away with her. He doesnt even come to the team hangouts anymore!!" 

"Hyung, you gotta dump her." 

Top let out a sarcastic chuckle at that. "Yeah no. Thats not happening."

"So you're giving up the team for a girl?" 

"Giving up the team? Are you guys crazy?" Top stared at all of them completely baffled and angry. "If im giving up the team by missing a few practices and one game, then most of you gave up the team a long time ago!! Remember when Jonghyun went to USA for 2 weeks for a ing Girls Generation concert?? Or when Jin Hyuk ditched us on our team vacation for that group of girls?? What about the time when Jae Hyun said he needed to pick up his mom at the airport for a few minutes but was gone for 3 whole days!!" Top yelled at his teammates. "So just becaue now that I'm doing the same thing its not ok because its because of a girl??" 

 

 

"Evening Bom ah." The doorman greeted Bom as she walked into Tops apartment. 

"Evening ahjussi." Bom smiled to him and handed him a piece of gum. 

"Thanks." He said and put the gum into his mouth. 

"Stay strong ahjussi." She patted him on the back and laughed. 

"Yeah i know." He sighed and returned to his dull life when Bom walked away. 

 

Bom walked up to Tops apartment but heard loud voices inside and peeked her head in. She heard Tops voice from the living room and her name as well. 

"...for a few minutes but was gone for 3 whole days!!" Top yelled at his teammates. "So just becaue now that I'm doing the same thing its not ok because its because of a girl?? Well you know what, fine! If thats how you guys really feel, then I'll stop seeing her! Bom doesnt mean anything to me! She's just a little hobby ok??"

And thats when Boms world fell. 

 

"I only dated her because she seemed like a nice girl but come on, you guys are my boys. My team mates! Theres nothing mroe important than you guys! Boms just a girl, i dont even care about her." 

"Hyung, stop-" Seungri was saying but Top cut him off. 

"Stop what?? Im telling the truth! Since you guys hate the fact that im finally happy so much, i'll cut off all ties with her!! She's not that important to me ok? End of discussion!" Top exclaimed to them not meaning any word that was coming out of his mouth. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

"I'll pick you up at 8." Jiyong told Dara as they reached her college. 

"Arasso. Dont be late." She smiled before kissing him on the cheek and walked away. Jiyong watched her walk away with sad eyes. Jiyong watched until Dara had vanished behind the elevator doors with Miho and drove straight to his mothers house.

 

He stepped into his mothers house and found in empty. He decided to wait though. He sat on the couch and buried his head in his hands remembering eveyrthing that Ji Hyo told him. From the first day they walked into the hospital back in the USA, to her mothers deal with the doctor, to the money she offered Dara. 

 

After about a half an hour of waiting, Jiyong heard the front door open and his mothers heels clacking on the ground. 

"Jiyonggie?" His mother asked when she walked in and saw him. Jiyong didnt say anything though. "Is everything ok love?" She sat on the couch with him. 

"Omma...how could you do that Dara?" He said in almost a whisper. 

Mrs. Kwon blinked. "Do what?" 

 

"Oh my god omma." Jiyong finally lifted his head. "YOU'RE THE REASON DARAS BEEN BLIND FOR HALF OF HER LIFE!!" 

Mrs. Kwon jumped from his outburst but calmed herself when she realized what he was referring to. "How did you find out?" 

 

"Does that matter??" He glared at her heartbroken. "Are you even my mother??" 

"Kwon Jiyong. I will not have that kind of talk in my house. Of course I am your mother. Why else would I be doing all of this?!?! Im doing all of this for you!! For your future!!! Why cant you see it like I do?!?" 

 

"I cant look at you anymore." He said getting up but was stopped by her. 

"I know you guys are back together." She stood up and stared at him. "I know she's staying at your place." That made Jiyong stop leaving and turn around. "And I hate to do what Im about to say but you leave me no other choice." 

"Omma." He stared at her. 

"Leave her. For good this time Jiyong. Or else you'll regret it." She started. 

"What are you planning?" He asked afraid of the answer. 

Mrs. Kwon took a deep breath. "This hurts me as much as its gonna hurt you."

"For Gods sake omma, spit it out!" Jiyong exclaimed. 

"I've talked to the doctor who'll be doing the surgery. If i tell him to, he can make Dara forever blind. No surgery would be able to fix it." 

Jiyongs stomach fell at that. Actually, everything fell. 

"You....wouldnt." He glared at the woman he couldnt call mother anymore. 

"Just know im doing all of this for you." She sighed to him. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-RING RING- 

"Hello?" Bom answered her phone two days later after the incident. 

"Unni. You need to come here right now." Minzys voice said on the other line. 

"What is it?" Bom asked sitting up on her bed. She put the Harvard pamplet that she was looking at aside. 

"Top oppa is here with his team and they have a bunch of girls around them. And one of the girls is getting pretty...you know, touchy." Minzy bit her lip. 

At the mention of Top, Boms blood boiled. 

"Where are you?" 

"Im at V.I.P. with some of my classmates." Minzy asnwered. 

Bom didnt know what to do. She didnt know what she should do. But whatever that was, she wanted answers. And she was gonna get some. 

 

Bom grabbed her coat and stormed out of the house to the club. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Love shot! love shot! love shot!" The team mates howled as Top and Seungri took a couple more shots. Top and Seungri laughed and high-fived each other. 

"Oh my god....*hiccup* Ive never been so drunk before." Top slurred and chuckled.

 

"Oppa! One more!" Krystal sung. Top smiled to her and took another one regardless of how tipsy he was. 

"I wanna go dance." He abruptly stood up and began wobbling out of the room. Krystal automatically followed after him. 

"Lets go together." She wrapped one of her arms around his. 

"Im sorry, but, who are you again? You kinda look like my girlfriend Bom." He said blinking a few times trying to see clearer. 

Krystal got an idea then. "Sill, I am your girlfriend." Krystal smiled. 

"What? No you're not...my girlfriend has...*hiccup* beautiful curves." Top said moving his hands in the form of a womans curves. 

Krystal puffed air into her cheeks at that comment. "Its because you're drunk oppa." 

"But...my girlfriend doesnt call me oppa.." He said slightly wavering. 

 

"Yeah but I know you like it so im gonna call you that now." Krystal stood on her toes trying to be tall like Bom. 

Top blinked for a few seconds and then smiled. "Bom ah!!" He hugged Krystal. 

 

"Oppa!!" Krystal hugged him. Top placed his hands on her shoulders and stared deeply into her eyes. 

"I love you." He said before kissing her straight on the lips. 

 

Krystal was taken aback by the kiss when she saw a pair of eyes staring at them completely shocked: Bom. Krystal smirked and closed her eyes beginning to respond to the kiss.