getting closer

Blinded by Love

-RING RING-

"Omma!" 

-RING RING-

"OMMA!"

"Huh?" Bom shot up out of her bed. She sprinted out of the room to where her children's yells were coming from. "Leo Lauren what's going on?!" Bom frantically asked looking around the room for anything dangerous.

"Your phones ringing." Lauren pointed to Boms phone that ringing on the kitchen counter. 

"Huh?" Bom furrowed her eyebrows and looked at her phone that was buzzing. She looked at her twins who were calmly watching TV looking fine. 

"Hello?" Bom picked up her phone.

"Unni! Do you wanna come to oppa's game today with us?" CL asked after Bom picked up.

"Hm?" Bom was still in a daze from her sudden awakening and poured herself a glass of orange juice.

"You ok?" CL asked her as Bom heard Dayoung yelling something in the background.

"Yeah why?" Bom asked back.


"You seem a little, out of it I guess." She shrugged.

"Oh I do?" Bom yawned. "Mianhe." 

"Its fine. So do you wanna come?" Cl asked again. 

"Yeah sure. what time?" Bom asked. 

"3." Cl said. "But, Top oppa's gonna be there as well. Will you be okay?" 

"I'll be fine. Im not gonna let him keep me from having fun. And besides, we're over so he means nothing to me anymore." Bom said finished her juice and putting it in the sink. 

"You're really not gonna tell him are you?" Cl asked her. 

Bom stopped what she was doing and thought about for a second. "No. Im not." Bom answered firmly. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara and Jiyong were left alone at the breakfast while Jaejoong went to pay and use the bathroom. 

"So GD ssi..." Dara looked at her ring which made Jiyong slightly nervous. "whats your real name?" Her eyes fluttered up to his. 

"My real name?" Jiyong repeated. Dara took a sip of her drink and nodded. "Hyun Woo. Park Hyun Woo." 

"Hyun Woo?" Dara asked to which Jiyong nodded. "Its nice."

"Yeah but everyone calls me GDragon." Jiyong said wiping his suddenly sweaty palms on his jeans. 

"And why is that?" She asked him. she needed to know for sure if he was Jiyong or not. 

"Im not sure, people at work just call me that." He shrugged. 

Dara stared down at her ring longingly. She missed Jiyong so much. 

"Should we go?" Jaejoong asked when he came back. 

Dara forced a smile and nodded taking his hand. "Yeah." 

"We have an hour until Seungri and Tops game stops. What should we do until then?" Jaejoong asked as the three walked out of the diner. 

Honestly, Jiyong didnt wanna go anywhere with them anymore. It hurt him so much to see Dara everyday with another guy but he couldnt do anything about it. He just wanted to go home until the wedding, then leave and never come back. He didnt know how much longer he could hold it in. 

The got into the car but nobody really said anything. Jaejoong looked at Dara and jiyong and saw how they both had the same upset expressions on their faces as they stared out of the window. He looked at Dara and realized she had been playing with her heart ring all day. She kept twisting and turning it around her finger like she was hoping something would happen if she kept doing it. Jaejoong reached over and placed his hand on hers and gave her a soft smile. Dara tried to smile back and interlocked her fingers with his. 

"You ok?" Jaejooong softly asked feeling her forhead with his other hand. 

"Yeah, just tired." Dara lied. She felt so guilty at that moment. Here she was thinking about a past lover that left her, when she had the most amazing guy in front of her and she wasnt even giving him a second glance. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Stay close to omma while I get your inhalers checked okay?" Bom told the twins as they walked into the pharmacy. But Leo and Lauren waved her off and ran to the toys section as soon as they saw it. "Stay there and dont move!" Bom ordered them. 

 

She walked up to the counter and placed the blue and pink inhalers on the table. "Excuse me, can you please check these? My children have severe asthma and since yesterday, these inhalers havent been helping." Bom told the worker. 

"Deh one moment." The lady took the inhalers and took them to the back. Bom nodded and looked around the store until the woman came back. Bom saw a magazine with an article about Top and Seungri baseball team. She picked it up and flipped through the papers. 

"CHOI TOP IS KOREAS IEST MAN ALIVE." 

"iest man alive?" Bom scoffed. "More like most pig-headed man alive. Stupid magazine." 

 

"here you go. the nozzles had something stuck in them." The lady gave Bom the inhalers back. 

"Thank you." Bom put them in her purse. "And another thing, my kids and I are visiting from America, and they have special medication for their asthma but I ran out two days ago." 

"Deh we should probably have it. whats the name?" 

"Respitrol." Bom told her. 

"Deh one second." The lady said again and went to the back. She came another few seconds later with the bottle. "Here you go." 

"Thank you so much." Bom told the lady.

 "If your children have severe asthma, we suggest you check them into the hospital and tell the doctors there just in case and emergency happens while you're here." She said. 

"Deh. Thank you, I will." Bom thanked the lady before paying for the medicine. "Leo Lauren come on!" Bom called her kids. 

Leo and Lauren came running with every toy that was in the toy isle in their arms. "omma!" 

Bom turned around and gasped. "YAH. Put those back right now!!!" 

The lady covered keeping her laughter in while Bom scolded her kids and rushed them back to the toy isle. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Name and number?" the doctor asked Bom. she had taken the pharmacy workers advise and went to the hospital to check in Leo and Lauren. The doctor took them in to his office. 

"What're the kids names?" He asked. 

"Leo and Lauren Park." she said. 

"Age?" 

"5." 

"your name?" He asked writing down everything she said. 

"Park Bom, XXX-XXX-XXXX." Bom gave the doctor the information. 

"And the father?" The doctor asked. 

"The father?" Bom repeated.

 "Deh." 

"Um, well, the fathers not really around." Bom tensed up.

"Okay...father deceased.." The doctor made the note on the paper. 

"No no no!" Bom shook her shook. "he's not dead!" 

"Not dead? You said he wasnt around." The doctor eyed her. 

"As in we're not together anymore." Bom corrected. 

"Ma'am, even if you're not together, we need his contact information just in case we cant reach you. Unless he's abusive, or not allowed to be near you and the children, we need his information." The doctor explained to her slightly irritated. 

Bom bit her lip and scrolled through her phone for his contact. She had kept his number all these years hoping she should get at least a text message from him. She gave him the name and number. "But dont contact him unless Im not picking up ok? Try to call me at least 3 times before you even think about him." Bom told the doctor. 

"deh deh..." He nodded. "Do you have their birth ceritificates?"

"Deh." She nodded and looked through her purse for the copies. "Here you go." 

"thank you." 

"Is that all then?" She asked. 

"Mhm." the doctor nodded. 

"Thank you." bom bowed her head.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Hey you made it." Cl smiled when she saw Bom and the kids walking up the bleachers. 

"Yeah sorry, I had to do some stuff at the hospital for them." Bom told her as she sat down.

 "No worries." Cl shrugged it off. 

"where's everyone else?" Bom asked noticing the row of empty seats. 

"Minzy, Young Don, Daesung, and Taeyang went to get food at the snack stand for everyone, and Dara, Jiyong, and Jaejoong arent here yet." Cl explained.

 "What're we gonna do about Dara?" Bom sighed running her fingers through her hair. 

"I have no idea." Cl shook her head. "Everyones so complicated now." 

"Tell me about it." Bom laughed. 

 

"Oh, I see Dara and the oppas." Cl pointed at the said ones as they were walking towards the bleachers. 

Bom and Cl waved and Dara smiled and waved back. She walked up the bleachers but her shoe lace got caught under her foot and was about to fall back.

"Be careful." Jiyong caught her as she was about to fall. His arms held onto her waist and helped her stand up straight. 

 

-FLASHBACK- 

 As they walked down the stairs, Dara tripped on one of the steps and fell forward but was caught by a pair of arms. 

"Be careful." A deep voice said as he helped her regain her balance.

-END FLASHBACK-

"You okay?" Jaejoong rushed up to her. 

Dara stared at Jiyong. "Yeah..fine."