the families

Blinded by Love

"Dara." Jiyong called when he saw her after reaching their platform. He jogged over to Dara and Miho carrying his suitcase with his clothes in them. 

 

"Jiyong ah!" Dara heard his voice and turned towards it. Miho didnt bother to do anything since she recognized Jiyong by now and knew he wouldnt harm Dara. 

 

"Mianhe im late." He panted. 

 

"Its fine. I think we still have a couple of minutes." Dara smiled just happy he showed up. 

 

"How did you get here anyway?" He asked when they sat down on one of the side benches. 

 

"The bus. Miho knows the way from our house, to the bus stop, to the bus station, to the ticket booth, to the platform. The Busan platform is always the same." She explained. "But i usually ask someone just to make sure."

 

"Ahh..dont you get scared ever?" He asked slightly worried that she might get lost or hurt one day. 

 

"Ani." She said bluntly. "Im only scared of two things in this world." 

 

Jiyong looked over at her. "And what're those?" 

 

"The surgery being a failure and being blind forever, and losing my 7 loved ones." She said. 

 

He looked down at the ground. Being blind forever? Jiyong couldnt even imagine it. So he tried to shake off that thought. "Who're your 10 loved ones?" 

 

"My omma, appa, my baby brother, bom, minzy, Cl, and that person." Dara eexplained. 

 

"Who's 'that person'?" He furrowed his eyebrows. 

 

"You know, that special person." She said like it was obviously. 

 

"No." He shook his head. 

 

 

"Are you serious?? You dont have that special person?" SHe asked suddenly very happy. 

 

"I dont even know what you're talking about." He said bluntly. 

 

"That special person!! The one that has a special place in your heart. The one that you get butterflies when you think about them. When something good happens, they're the first person you wanna tell. No one else matters when you're with them. The one you love so much." She dreamed. 

 

Jiyong didnt say anything for a while. 

 

"Wow. You're such a girl." He scoffed. Dara's hands reached up to his cheeks and slowly pulled him in. "D- Dara...what're you doing?" 

 

"Shhh." She purred. She smiled lovingly before wacking him back on the head. 

 

"OW! YAH!" He yelled at her. 

 

"You ruined the mood dude." She crossed her arms angrilly. 

 

He glared at her angrilly while he rubbed the back of his head. He looked around and saw a cup of water on the seat next to him with ice in it. He smiled mischievously and reached into the cup taking out one ice cube. 

 

"Dara, are you ok?" He asked worriedly feeling her forehead with his ice-free hand. 

 

"Fine." She turned away from him giving him a clear view of her back. He tried to hold in his laughter before he pulled her shirt slightly out giving him space to slide the ice down her back. 

 

"OH MY GOD!!" Dara screamed and got up jumping around the place trying to get the ice out of her shirt. "JIYONG IM GONNA KILL YOU- AAHHHH SO COLD!!" Dara wiggled around. 

 

People began to give her weird looks making Jiyong laugh harder making him almost pee himself. 

 

"Im sorry everyone. She's a little crazy if you know what I mean." Jiyong laughed to the people. 

 

"JIYONG IM GONNA KILL YOU!!!" Dara yelled after the ice fell out making Miho run over and began it. Dara lunged at him grabbing his hair and shaking it around. 

 

"YAH YAH YAH. OWWWW!!!! CRAZY YEOJA!!!" He yelled trying to push her off. 

 

Dara finally let go and huffed as she dried her back with a couple of napkins from her purse. Jiyong tried to fix his hair and tried to put back the strands of hair she pulled out. 

 

"It was just a joke. You didnt have to go all hulk on me!" He told her. 

 

 

"Just a joke my . I almost died from hypothermia." She scoffed and sat down again. 

 

"Oh you're so melodramatic." He informed her. 

 

"And you're just stupid." She huffed. They both turned away from each other angrilly and waited for the train to come. 

 

 

 

After about 5 more minutes, the train finally arrived. Jiyong naturally took her hand not even thinking and helped her onto the train along with her bags and Miho. 

 

"You guys are such a cute couple. I saw you playing around earlier." An ahjumma that was sitting across from Jiyong and Dara told them. 

 

 

"Oh, we-re not-" Jiyong tried to tell her they werent a couple but Dara just pinched his arm to shut him up. 

 

"Thank you so much." Dara smiled. The ahjumma smiled at them and returned to her book. 

 

Jiyong looked over at Dara. "Yah." 

 

Dara put her finger on his lip. "Shhhh boyfriend." She said as she wrapped her arms around hisand laid her head on his shoulder. "Its done so now you cant back out." 

 

Jiyong began to tense up at her touch and Dara noticed. She released his arm and slightly scooted over. "Mianhe." 

 

"Ani..its fine." Jiyong said still slightly tense. Daras shoulders fell a tiny bit but she didnt show it. She just leaned her head against the window and tried to sleep until the first stop. 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Ok, ust to preapre you, my mother is a judge and my father is a general in the military and all the men in my family have positions in the military as well. But dont get scared and just be comfortable. They're just like everybody else. But if my dad even gets the smallest thought that you'll hurt me, he wont hesitate to shoot you and my mom will make it happen that you go to jail instead of him." Bom prepared Top when they arrived at her parents house. 

 

Top gulped and stared at her horrified. "You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding." 

 

Bom sheepishly smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Best of luck. Lets go." 

 

"Will I leave this house alive tonight?" He asked terrified as they began walking towards the door. 

 

"Probably not." She shrugged. 

 

"God help me." Top gulped when they finally reached the door. Bom slowly opened it and walked in to the house that smelled like Thanksgiving. There were brown and golden lights hung around the room with small little Thanksgiving decorations all over the house. Top heard laughing people and shadows walking by in the hall. Top furrowed his eyebrows, this house was pretty big. Not to mention that her mom was a judge and her father was a general. They seemed rich, why was Bom living off of $10 a week? 

 

 

"Omma?" Bom called as they walked inside. "Appa?" 

 

The noise slightly decreased and Bom and Top saw a woman walk over to the head of the hall. 

 

"Bommie!!!" Park Omma beamed as she scurried over to her daughter. Park Omma was a tall woman, about Boms height with the same brown straight hair but it only went down to her chin while Boms went down passed her shoulders. 

 

"Omma!" Bom exclaimed and set her stuff down and hugged her mother. 

 

"Have you been well?" Her mother asked not noticing Top yet. 

 

"Mhm." Bom smiled and nodded. Park omma looked over and saw Top. "And who is this...?" She looked at Bom curiously. 

 

"Um..Omma, this is Top. CHoi SeungHyun." Bom introduced Top. 

 

"Omo! That guy you have a poster of in your room?" Park Omma exclaimed. 

 

"OMMA!" Bom yelled covering her face. Top slightly looked down and laughed. "...yes. He is the one." Bom wanted to disapear into a hole forever. 

 

 

"Annyeonghasayo, Choi Top imnida." Top bowed down to her mother. 

 

"Annyeonghasayo. Im Boms omma. But we look like sisters dont we?" Park omma laughed along with Top. 

 

"Oh my god...someone stop her.." Bom groaned about her mother. 

 

"And you are....what of Boms?" Park Omma wriggled her eyebrows. 

 

"Uh.." Top looked at Bom for help. 

 

"He's my boyfriend ok! Lets go Top." Bom couldnt handle anymore and dragged him to the main place of the second floor. The 'main place' was the kitchen, dining room, and living all together. one section was the kitchen, to the left was the dining room, and to the left of that was the living room. 

 

"Annyeong everyone!!" Bom exclaimed seeing all her family. 

 

 

"Bom ah!!!" Boms sister, Park Go Eun exclaimed and ran to put her in a headlock. 

 

"YAH! LET GO!!" Bom yelled but still happy. 

 

"Say that im prettier!" Go Eun told her. 

 

"Im prettier!!" Bom laughed and tazed Go Eun making her let go. 

 

 

"Aigoo. Ugly ugly." Go Eun scoffed and walked away back to the football game. 

 

"Bom!" Her dad rushed and hugged. 

 

"Appa!!!"

 

"How've you been ok?" He asked.

 

"Deh appa." She nodded. "Where's Dong Wook oppa?" Bom asked.

 

"He has a big test coming up tomorrow so he couldnt fly in." Her appa said sadly.

 

"Ah chincha?" Bom asked bummed. Dong Wook was her older brother that was studying at Harvard Law. But nevertheless, she was still happy to see all her other family members. The whole family greeted her but they all gathered around to see the eye candy standing awwardly behind her. 

 

"Uh...everyone. This is Choi Top. My...boyfriend..." Bom introduced Top. 

 

"Uh, annyeonghasayo. Choi Top imnida." He bowed to everyone. 

 

Everyone juts blinked and didnt say anything. 

 

"Bommie's getting knocked up!!!" Go Eun exclaimed making the atmosphere even more awkward from the couch watching the two. 

 

"YAH!!!!!!" Bom screamed throwing a plastic turkey decoration at her head. 

 

"Uh...so should we all eat?" Park Omma broke the silence and scurried everyone to the table. Bom and Top sat next to each other while Boms dad and all the other male members never took his eyes off of Top. 

 

"So Top...." Park Appa looked for something out of the closet, "how many girlfirends have you had before Bom?" 

 

"Appa!!" Bom freaked out. 

 

"Im just asking!" Park Appa took out a pistol from the closet and brought it over. Top looked terrified at Bom. 

 

"Uhh..i've only had 2 sir." Top gulped afraid that even 2 was too much. 

 

"only two? Come on boy. You're a handsome fellow. You mustve had more than that." One of her uncles said. 

 

"Well, i had another girlfriend but I only went on a couple of dates with her." Top babbled. 

 

"So, you lead the girl on and in the end, you just didnt want her?" Boms dad cleaned off his gun. 

 

"Someone kill me..." Bom sunk into her seat. 

 

"Oh no!  Thats not what I meant sir!" Top defended himself afraid to even breathe.

 

 

"No no, its ok. We were all young men once. We understand you man. Bro, homey, pal. See? We're cool. You know, YOLO." Boms dad tried to be cool. 

 

"Yolo." The uncles agreed. 

 

Top looked over at Bom for help but she had already crawled under the table out of embarassment. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Dara." Jiyong shook Dara awake. "We're here." 

 

"Hm?" Dara woke up and felt around. "Where are we?" She rubbed her eyes. 

 

"Busan. The train rides over." He said grabbing their luggage. 

 

 

"Oh chincha? That was quick." She stretched making her shirt ride up revealing her stomach. Jiyongs eyes widened when he saw her flat stomach. 

 

"YAH!" He yelled grabbing the lower part of her shirt and pulled it down. 

 

"Wae??" She asked surprised. 

 

 

"nothing.." he grumbled pulled her out of the train. 

 

"Look for my brother. His name is Cheondong. He has black hair and looks like me. I think." Dara laughed.

 

"Noona!" They both heard a voice running towards them.

 

"Oh! Thats him!" Dara and Jiyong both turned around. "Cheondong ah!"

 

"Noona!" Cheondong ran towards them and hugged Dara. "Im happy you're here!"

 

"Ahh I missed you so so much!!" Dara laughed and Miho ran around and barked to Cheondong happily. 

 

"Who's this?" Cheondong asked seeing Jiyong. 

 

"Oh, this is Jiyong. My chingu." Dara introduced him. 

 

"Annyeonghasayo. Kwon Jiyong." Jiyong slightly bowed to him. Cheongdong just stared at him as he slightly bowed back. 

 

"Lets go." Cheongdong told them slightly awkward. Jiyong began to reach for Daras hand but Cheongdong beat him to it and led Dara out of the station. 

 

"Waah!! I miss the Busan air so much!!" Dara beamed with liveliness when they got outside. 

 

"Noona you sit. Hyung and I will put the stuff in the back." Cheongdong told Dara. 

 

"Arasso. Kajja Miho yah." Dara got into the car while Miho jumped into the back. 

 

"So you're Daras younger brother?" Jiyong asked cheongdung as they put the stuff in the trunk. 

 

"Yeah." He nodded. They closed the trunk and Jiyong was about to walk away when Cheongdong stopped him. 

 

"Hyung. Im just gonna say this now. I dont care what you are to my noona, but she's been through a lot arasso? So if you have any of those feelings towards her, stop now if you're not sincere. I know who you are and i've heard of what you're mother is like. Noona doesnt need anyone else hurting her." Cheongdung told Jiyong before he got into the car as well. 

 

Jiyong didnt know what to say. But he knew Cheongdong was right. Dara didnt need anyone hurting her.