Idol Special

Into the New World

 

 

It was the day we were going to film Star Golden Bell and we arrived with plenty of time to spare. We went into the room we were told to and changed our clothes in to the outfits we needed to wear for the filming. Shortly after a makeup artist came in and put our stage make up on or us, it wasn’t much.

I was trying to hurry through this process as fast as I could for two reasons, one being that I really wanted to go meet the other guests. Shinyoung is usually here and the three of us still wanted to meet her. Second being probably the most important, my Tiffany was here somewhere and I really wanted to see her. It was our one month anniversary after all.

We were all ready to go so we headed to the stage to see if anyone else was out there, but before we got too far my phone started to ring. I answered it with no hesitation.

“Yeboseyo?”

“Taeyeon! Come to the stage! Palli palli!” I heard a click. I smiled and picked up the pace.

Not long after we reached it I saw the two people I wanted to see the most today. Once the younger girl saw me she waved me over to her. I obeyed.

I greeted them both and bowed.

“He has said he wanted to meet you for the longest time,” Tiffany explained to the older woman.

“It’s really a pleasure to meet you Shinyoung-ssi. You’re probably the funniest person in Korea,” I said. “My members and I really think you’re hilarious.” I looked to Yul and Soo and they were just nodding.

She laughed and thanked us. She then left to chat with someone else.

“Ah Fany-ah that was awesome! Thank you.”

“It’s no problem Taeta-yeon.” Her eyes grew wide. “Omo, that can’t happen.”

I laughed. “It’s fine Tiffany-ssi.” I saw her pout at me and smiled even bigger.

“Don’t call me that until were filming Kim Taeyeon.”

I laughed again.

“Everyone please come to your seats. Please see her for your seating arrangement. Thank you.”

The woman with the clipboard told me and my members where to sit and it turns out I was assigned to the same seat I was in last time I was here. I noticed that SNSD were in their same seats as well. Sunny was missing though. I looked around trying to locate her when I saw someone very shocking.

Im Yoona was here in the same room as us. She was one of the nation’s most popular actresses right now. She was also really big in the modeling aspect of entertainment as well. If you hadn’t seen her face somewhere before there was a 99% chance you were blind. She was huge.

 I wonder if Yuri knew. I turned to look at him. He was just casually chatting with Seohyun. Oh my god he didn’t know. Yuri was especially fond of Yoona-ssi. She was his Tiffany.

“Yul, Yuri,” I tried to whisper and yell at the same time. He didn’t respond. “Kwon Yuri!” I tried a little louder just as I heard someone behind me.

“Excuse me.”

Yuri and I both turned at the same time to look behind me. It was Yoona.

“It looks like I’ll be joining your row today. Let’s do well,” she said as she smiled at me.

I immediately bowed and introduced myself.

“Alright everyone let’s sit down and get started.” The director called out. Yoona had walked past me and that’s when I saw four members of KARA filling in the seats on the opposite side of me. No freaking way.  Looking past them I noticed that there were four members from 2PM taking their seats in the fourth row. The fifth row was of course full with the usual comedians. This was intense, everyone around us was literately at the top of their game right now, and we were just kinda starting out.

A few minutes later the MC started to introduce the show and we all yelled ‘Golden Bell!’ He then introduced it as the idol special. I wasn’t too sure if you could call us idols yet, we were definitely not on the same level as everyone else that was here. It felt very overwhelming. I wanted to look back at Tiffany but I know I couldn’t yet and that made it even worse.

The MC started talking to ShinYoung and making a few jokes as usual. He then turned to Yoona.

“Yoona-ssi, how does it feel to do a broadcast with so many idols?”

She paused for a few seconds earning a couple laughs. “We don’t really know each other, we just say ‘Hi’ in passing so…”

“Let’s all go for a meal afterward then and get to know each other,” the MC joked. Everyone then cheered loudly.

“Sunny-ssi is there anything that worries you because it’s an idol special?”

She laughed and quickly responded. “Well whatever we say will come out in news articles, so it’s always a little worrisome to think about the headlines.” Everyone nodded and verbally agreed.

“Ahh but the perspective from our line is that we don’t really like the idol special,” a comedian from the last line said. The MC asked why and he said “We can’t pick on anyone,” we all laughed then. “We have to be very careful... We’ll see how this goes."

He was right though, he would have fans coming after him if he picked too hard on any of the stars here.

“You can pick on them.” A voice came from behind me. I turned to see Sunny smirking at us. “They’re new, and don’t have as many fans,” she said as she pointed to us. We all laughed and agreed.

For the next ten minutes we really didn’t get mentioned or talked to much, just a few questions here and there. We just watched everyone around us and waited to be called upon.

They started to ask each groups questions about the others, which got pretty entertaining.

“Gyuri-ssi are you jealous of anything about SNSD?”

“Yeah, the way they talk on TV shows is really harmonious, but when the five of us come out and don’t really talk that much there are awkward pauses. They keep conversations really well.”

“Well, it’s just the few talkative ones,” Jessica said.

“Oooh it looks like Jessica has something to say, who is it that you’re referring to?”

They’re these two right here,” she said as she pointed to Tiffany and Sunny. I laughed because I knew for a fact that it was true. Sunny was always talking, and it usually was to Tiffany.

A different MC asked the same question but now to Jessica about KARA. She responded with something about their dancing. I didn’t catch all of it because I accidently locked eyes with Tiffany. Gaah she was so stunning.

“SO you aren’t jealous of looks or anything?” The MC said loudly pulling me from my gaze.

There was an awkward pause and then even more awkward laughter afterward.

The MC then continued on to the next topic.

“Alright now since it’s the Idol Special we took a vote between everyone here on different categories. Let’s see who the victors are. Alright for the most popular Female Idol here, we had 2PM and TYS here vote and they said it was… Tiffany-ssi.”

We all clapped as the MC spoke again. “Ahh Tiffany-ssi did you expect this?”

“Wow, not at all, I really thought it would have been Hara-ssi, she’s so cute.”

“Looking here the votes were pretty spread. It was three for Tiffany, and then two for Hara and Jessica.”

“Taecyeon-ssi? Why did you pick Tiffany?”

“She’s a beauty, and we’ve been friends for a long time.”

“Ahh, that’s right. Okay now the most popular Male Idol selected by KARA and SNSD. It is…Oh wow I didn’t even see this one coming, Taeyeon-ssi!”

“What?” I started laughing. Did I really win? “Are you sure you didn’t just misread Taecyeon?”

He laughed and then spoke. “No, you really won. All but one SNSD member voted for you, how does that feel?”

“It feels like I’m being lied to,” I said as I laughed. I really didn’t expect to beat out Taecyeon or Nichkhun in really anything. They were both at least ten times more popular than I was.

“Hara-ssi why did you pick him?”

“Ahh I think he has that boyish yet still manly charm. He’s very attractive.” The room filled with ooh’s. I could feel my face heat up a little.

“Wow how does it feel to have Goo Hara tell you you’re good looking?”

“Uhm, uh it’s definitely new. Thank you,” I said as I bowed as much as I could from my position.

“It also says here that Tiffany-ssi also picked you, Tiffany-ssi what is Taeyeon’s charm?”

“I think he has a few,” she said and then paused because people were oohing. “His voice.”

“Ahh his voice?”

“Yeah when you listen to their songs his voice just melts you.”

“Oh, jinjja?”

I saw her nod. “Yes, I’m really excited for their new album coming out.”

“That’s right!” Sunny chimed in. “We keep trying to get them to let us hear it but they won’t.” Everyone laughed.

 “Ah Sooyoung-ssi when is the album coming out?”

“We’re releasing the single on Christmas and then everything else on the first of January,” he paused for the audience’s reaction. “Yeah actually, Taeyeon-ssi wrote the song that’s going to be our first single.” Everyone then started clapping.

“That’s a rare thing to be heard of in the K-pop scene isn’t it Junho-ssi?” One of the MCs asked.

“Whoa, whoa Tiffany-ssi why were you so surprised? Did you see her?” Another MC quickly spoke up.

I looked to her and she looked worried, but then she did a complete 180 and started to speak confidently. “It’s just that our members have grown close these past few months, and they didn’t tell us that they were writing their own songs.”

Gah she was so good. I don’t know if I would have been able to think that quickly.

“Ahh because they didn’t tell you?” Tiffany then nodded and agreed. “Well maybe you all should find better friends,” he joked.

Soon after a few more categories we then moved on to the next segment where KARA’s Nicole came out to play the game. Everyone did fairly well, except for Tiffany and Jessica. Their Korean skills weren’t the best. Before I knew it we were done with the filming.

Everyone was starting to stand up and chat amongst everyone else. I quickly moved to help Tiffany and Sunny up. Since there were so many people watching I thought it would be too much if I just helped Tiffany. I wanted to keep holding her hand, I missed the feeling. I knew I couldn’t though so I unfortunately let go.

“Alright everyone please give your mics to us,” a man with large head phones said near the side of the stage.

We were all walking in that direction when I looked back to see Yuri in an encouraging situation. He was having a real conversation with Yoona. I couldn’t help but notice how nervous he was. He’s usually all over the place and hyper, but with her he was acting very calm. It was strange.

I laughed it off as I handed my mic to the sound tech.

“What’s your schedule for the rest of the day?”

I looked at her, but I was unable to answer. “I’m not sure I’ll have to check with Hyung. Ah speaking of,” I said as I saw our manager walking toward us. “Hyung what’s our schedule the rest of the day?”

“Actually you’re free after this. Tomorrow is a full day of choreography again though, so I want you three in bed by 10PM. Now go get changed.”

“Okay thanks Hyung.”

I started to walk back to our room. The SNSD girls were walking this way as well since our rooms were all down the same hall.

“I’m free too. Do you think we could go out unnoticed?”

I thought about it for a second. I knew I definitely could, but as soon as someone saw Tiffany it would be game over. It didn’t help that she was so, uh noticeable too.

“I don’t know Fany-ah. You’re the expert, what do you think?” I saw her smile.

“I think we should try.”

“It’ll be like a mission,” I said and laughed.

“Aish, you’re such a dork. I’m going to go get changed I’ll come to your room when I’m ready.”

“Okay!” I called as she was walking away.

I went into the room to get changed and I saw that Sooyoung was already inside.

“Taeng did you see Yul talking to Yoona-ssi? Can you believe he initiated it?”

“What? Really?” He nodded at me. “Wow. You know we won’t hear the end of this for weeks.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I know this is the second time for this show, so I won't write this one anymore!
If you have a show or anything really that you would want to read them in, I am always down for new ideas!
I'm already pretty ahead in writing so your suggestions wouldn't be implemented for a little while, but they could be in sooner or later!!
Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoy!!