Together

Into the New World

 

“Wow,” I marveled aloud as I looked at the headline. They already have this up?

Jeesh, they work quick… Well I guess the press conference was a couple of hours ago and- oh god Fany looks so cute.

Her pink cheeks and her cute little grin… Aish! She was seriously going to be the death of me. I-

“Yah~ what are you doing over here all by yourself?”

After having a mini heart attack at the loud and surprising voice, I quickly looked up to see none other than my wife walking toward me.

Oh god, it felt so amazing to call her that. I couldn’t believe she was mine. She is-

“Hmm?”

Right, I should probably respond…

“Uhh, nothing? Waiting on everyone else.” She nodded and took a seat beside me.

We had just finished changing our outfits again after the Korean wedding ceremony with our parents and immediate families. I was totally not complaining about this change though, I mean I wasn’t going to spend the rest of the night in a hanbok.

It ended only five minutes ago and I was the first one done so I went out of the busy changing room to wait. I guess due to our years as idols, we had a bit more experience in changing our clothes quickly too. If I remember right Tiffany had to change her outfit in just a minute and a half for her last showcase.

I mean I can change quickly, but the whole outfit that fast? That’s just crazy.

“And on your phone I see,” she said accusingly. Aish…

“I was looking at an article Fany-ah, not playing games!” She grinned, killing me even more.

“Sure you were… now put it away.”

“But I really wasn’t-“

“This is the first time today that we’ve been alone Taeyeon,” she said in a sad tone while dusting something off of my chest.

While I really wanted to keep scrolling down and read what it had to say about us, she was right. We have been married for a little over an hour and I hadn’t even been able to spend one minute alone with her.

Ever since the ceremony ended we had been running around like maniacs. Trying to get the wedding pictures taken, changing in to the very uncomfortable hanboks, doing the smaller Korean ceremony in general…

Ugh, it was insane.

Even when Tiffany was taking selcas earlier while we waited, and I was purposely ruining them, we weren’t alone. There was always someone with us… except for now.

I looked at her sad puppy-dog eyes and her pouting lips and- Omo!

Those sure reminded me.

Except for when I had to for the pictures earlier, I hadn’t actually kissed Tiffany since she became my wife!

Oh my god Kim Taeyeon… Who are you? Are you sick?

Whatever! There was no time like the present.

I turned toward my beautiful bride and immediately brought my face closer to hers. I think she was taken back from my sudden movements or something because she flinched backward. I chuckled, but I couldn’t let her escape that easy.

My hand moved to her cheek, making sure she couldn’t pull away farther than she already had and our lips finally came together. There were fireworks going off all over my body and I couldn’t even begin to describe how happy I was.

Just like when we kissed for the first time as husband and wife, this kiss felt different too. It wasn’t her arms wrapping around my neck or the satisfying feeling I got when I could feel her lips curve into a smile, no those were familiar. Amazing no doubt, but it felt like I was being welcomed home.

This was a whole new feeling.

I don’t know if it was because I could feel that our love was even stronger now that we were bound together or just because I knew that her lips were mine for the rest of our lives, but UGH! It was fantastic.

Seriously, I would have gotten married a year ago if I knew it was gonna feel like this.

I felt so confident now. Like, Tiffany Hwang just married me.

ME.

Oh god and I am so lame… I kinda felt sorry for her, but at the same time I didn’t at all. She’s mine and there is no other place than right here in her arms that I want to be right now…

Okay… so that might be a lie.

There is one other place and I think Tiffany felt the same exact way… or she was just exceptionally frisky today.

I was crossing my fingers for both.

She ran her hand through the back of my hair again and I had to stop her. All these thoughts floating around in my head and then her addicting lips and roaming hands on top of that… Oh good lord.

It wasn’t going to end well.

I pulled back out of the lip lock and placed one final peck on her lips, I couldn’t stop myself. Ugh, I really don’t think I’ll ever be able to get enough of her.

No! Stop this.

Think about something else!

Right… Crap, what were we even talking about before?

Ohh!  

“But you’re so pretty in the picture babe,” I said with a cute voice, I think... Quickly finding the phone that I had sat down beside me, I hit home and swiped it alive. “See~. Look at you,” I said as I held it so she could examine it and-

“Look at me,” she questioned loudly before grabbing the phone out of my hand. “Look at you Kim Taeyeon. Oh my god…,” she trailed off in English. I couldn’t hide my grin from her now, so I just hid my whole face and buried my head in the crook of her neck.

Making Tiffany speechless was seriously hard to do. I didn’t know if I was more proud of that or the fact that she was speechless because she thinks I’m that attractive…

Ugh, it was such a good feeling though, just like her bare shoulder felt so great against my face. Her soft, alluring skin left me no choice. I had to kiss her again, and I did.

My lips found her neck a few times before I lost control… again.

I marked an invisible trail from the base of her neck all the way back to her lips, making sure to hit the spot that drove her wild on the way up.

I’m horrible.

Our lips met again finally, but this time it was weird.

It wasn’t a good weird either.

I don’t even think weird is the word for it, it’s more like… salty?

Exactly! Her lips tasted like- Oh no.

I quickly pulled away only to find my beautiful Tiffany in tears.

What the!?

“Fany-ah, what’s wrong baby,” I said as I quickly tried to wipe them away. She just shook her head.

Aish… this girl. Both of us had done enough crying today.

“If you don’t tell me what’s wrong I can’t fix it babe… And stop crying,” I said playfully. “You’re much cuter without tears coming down your cheeks.” I saw her tiny smile and decided to keep up the teasing since it was clearly working. “Actually, never mind,” I said aloud.  “You might be cuter when you cry.”

Her eyes got bigger and I almost laughed. Oh gosh~!

“Yep. Your nose gets all red and your voice gets even more huskier,” I grinned. “Wow~, I might have to start making you cry all th-MMPHH~!” Her lips silenced me again as she pressed into me.

Jeesh, if this is what teasing gets me I’m going to have to do it even more!

I cupped her still wet cheek but before I could deepen our kiss, she pulled away. Ugh, right when I-

“Thank you Taeyeon.”

Huh? Me?

“For what,” I questioned. “Teasing you? Because I can do that all da- oww~. Why must you always hit me woman?”

Seriously, every time.

“Ani~ for being so sweet,” she said softly as her hand caressed my cheek. “And I know you were just teasing me to make me laugh so don’t even try to say you weren’t.” I grinned.

“Aish~ you caught me... Now, tell me what made you cry. Did I do something?” She nodded.

“Oka-“ I froze in the middle of the word.

Oh god wait a minute!

“I did?” She hummed. “Wh-what did I do?”

Omo, we hadn’t even been married a day and I was already screwing up enough to make her cry?

“It was what you said at the press conference… I don’t know why but I just read it and I started tearing up,” she said with a tiny laugh. “You say sweeter things than you did there all the time but for some reason this got me,” she laughed again, this time wiping her own tears. I let out a deep breath.

“You really had me worried for a second.” She grinned.

“I’m sorry baby.” Her lips pressed against mine and I don’t think my heart could beat any faster without causing serious damage. “We’re married,” she whispered, our faces a millimeter apart. I grinned.

How could she be so adorable? I really didn’t understand.

“Mmhmm, we sure are.” She backed away and looked me straight in the eye.

“Taeyeon, we’re married,” she repeated. This time it was almost like she was telling me, as if I didn’t know or something.

Aigo~!

“I know Fany-ah,” I laughed. She was too cute. “You’re mine Miyoung.”

“Taeyeon!”

Oh gosh, I couldn’t hide my smile.

“If you say ‘we’re married’ one more time I’m going to tickle you until next week.” She bit her lip, but it didn’t last long until it turned into a beautiful, mind blowing eye smile.

“Taetae?”

“Fany?”

“What did you think when you saw me walking toward you earlier?”

Omo!

I wasn’t expecting a real question.

“What did I think,” I asked to buy myself some time. She hummed. “Hmm, I was thinking ‘oh my god~, how is she so beautiful,’” I replied honestly while replaying the perfect image of her in that dress walking toward me.

“And?”

And?!” She nodded excitedly. “Oh gosh, I don’t know Fany.” She did some kind of a whiny-aegyo sort of sound and I had to give in.

Ugh, I was so weak to her.

“Fine~… Uhm… I also thought ‘oh god what if she falls down’ and ‘how in the world did I trick her in to marrying me,’” I laughed.

She looked at me with disbelief, but I wasn’t kidding. Those really were some of the thoughts spinning around.

“I’m serious Tiffany. A billion things were running through my head… I’m just glad we didn’t get married in a church.”

“Huh? Why?” Tiffany looked confused now, but I just smiled and stole another kiss.

“Because most of the thoughts I had were definitely not supposed to be thought about while in a church…”

It took her a second longer than I figured it would for her to catch on, but when she did she lit up in the iest way.

Her smile was quickly replaced with a closed lip grin and her cheeks were already forcing her eyes into the tiny crescents that drove me crazy.

“What’s that look for,” I asked playfully, my arms wrapping around her slowly. She nudged me.

“Stop~, I don’t need you bringing it up too Kim Taetae.” Omo!

“Too? You’re already thinking about i-MM!” Her lips silenced me again. I laughed. “You’re too much Mrs. Kim. We might have to skip this and just go back to the-“

“Say it again,” she said, interrupting me.

Wait a minute though, what did she want me to say again? I repeated myself in my head and it didn’t take long to figure out. I smirked.

“Say what? Mrs. Kim?” She nodded with a big child-like smile on her face. “Aigo Mrs. Kim, you are too cute.”

Her sounds of excitement filled my ears and I knew we had made the right decision.

In Korea women rarely, if ever, take their husbands last name. Tiffany however, wanted to take my name. She said that she wanted us to be one family with one surname. She even brought up the fact that when we have children she didn’t want to have a different last name then them since they would take my name as well.

I was just happy she was talking about children to be honest. Actually all the reasons she wanted to take my name made me happy. I thought it was so romantic that she wanted to change her name just so we had the same one.

The only reason I was the slightest bit against it is because I didn’t want her to get anymore hate from people than she already was for marrying me in the first place. I’m sure people will comment about her saying things like how she’s un-Korean in taking my name or god knows what else they’ll think up by the time they find out…

I didn’t even want to know.

Seeing her face right now when I called her Mrs. Kim though took away all my worries. If she was that happy when I called her that, I can’t imagine what she’ll do when other people acknowledge it. Besides, Tiffany Hwang would still exist, but as her stage name.

While she would officially be Stephanie Kim Miyoung, she would still call herself Tiffany Hwang when doing anything relating to working. A ton of celebrities, Korean and International,  use stage names and this would literally be the same thing.

I mean everyone knows Tiffany isn’t even Tiffany’s real name… right?

Whatever! Our fans would just have to get used to it.

“I love you Taeyeon,” she said with her hand on my cheek. I turned enough to kiss her hand and smiled.

“I love you too Fany.” She lowered her face to mine and-

“Finally~!” A loud voice came from my right. Omo! “Yah, your mom was about to send out a search party. We need to go. You can’t keep your guests waiting any longer.” I sighed.

“They found us,” I said under my breath. Tiffany giggled.

“Oh come on, you two can make out later~!”

“Michelle!”

“What Tiff? Let’s go~!”

“Ne noona, we’re coming.” I stood up and reached my hand out toward Tiffany. “Let’s go Mrs. Kim.”

 

____________________________________________

 

The MC, which was Sooyoung, just finished introducing our parents, my sister as the maid of honor, Hyoyeon as the best man, and all of our members as the bridesmaids and groomsmen to the guests.

It was our big introduction to kick off the reception and I was weirdly nervous.

What was everyone’s reaction going to be like? What were we all going to do for the next few hours?

I wouldn’t have to talk to every single person that came, right? It’ll be even worse now too because I heard a lot more people had arrived since the ceremony.

Since most of the guests we invited were celebrities and idols or just in the entertainment business in general, many people couldn’t make it or could only make it before or after a previous schedule. For example, SISTAR came to the ceremony, but it was only Bora and Dasom. Hyorin and Soyou would be here too, but only after they finished recording or something. I forget what Bora said now.

Because of situations like this and the limited attendance, we invited even more people to the reception. We didn’t want to invite more to the ceremony because we didn’t really feel the need to have random rookies or actors and actresses watching us get married. We felt like it should continue to stay more private. Only the people we knew personally and well would attend.

The reception however, we didn’t mind. After a few short speeches and other small traditional things, it  was basically just going to be one giant party anyway. If the rookies or actors wanted to come and mingle with other celebrities, so be it.

The only person I wanted to spend time with today is Taeyeon… I guess my family and Taeye- I mean my other family wouldn’t be so bad either, but Taeyeon was obviously my first choice.

“Now, what everyone has been waiting for,” Sooyoung called out in the next room over.

Oh god,  I took a deep breath.

“Hey, it’ll be fine,” Taeyeon assured as his grip tightened. I nodded, but Sooyoung’s voice rang again.

“Let’s welcome Taeyeon and Tiffany~!”

The large double doors were pulled apart and I really didn’t expect to see this many people.

“Omo,” Taeyeon muttered, taking the word right from my head. The crowd cheered and we started our march toward the stage like platform in which we’d be sitting.

This was crazy. I heard there were a lot of people here, but I really didn’t think there would be this many. I figured there’d be a lot of people missing because of schedules or whatever, but I guess not.

I tried to think back to the ceremony to try to compare numbers but after Taeyeon, my dad, and the guy who married us, I couldn’t remember anyone else being there… Not even my sister who was standing right beside me!

Holy… this wasn’t good. How did I not remember anything?

It was a good thing I stopped in the room before the ceremony to look at all the decorations or I really would have not remembered.

It was beautiful too. Pink flowers and suspended pink and white orb lanterns were beautifully spaced around the room. There were large lights pink drape like cloths hanging from the ceiling, giving it an even more of a fairytale vibe.  It looked straight out of one too, so it was clearly working. Ugh… I was just so happy Taeyeon agreed to pink.

I guess I would just have to wait until the pictures came back to see how it all looked while the ceremony was happening.

“Whoa, don’t they look amazing tonight,” Sooyoung said, getting the guests to react with even more cheers then before. “That’s South Korea’s National Couple for you folks… Do either of you have anything to say to kick off this party?” We had just arrived at where we were supposed to sit and Taeyeon had already made a grab for the microphone.

Well okay then, I thought. I definitely didn’t see that coming. Actually I figured I would have to say something, Taeyeon usually tries to avoid the microphone…

“Uh, ne,” he said hesitantly. Aigo~, already regretting his decision? I smiled, but surprisingly Taeyeon cleared his throat and continued on strongly. “We really thank you all for coming out here. We know most of you have very busy schedules or could be using this time to rest, but we’re very glad you decided to come here instead. It means a lot… Plus the cake is delicious, so it’s totally worth sticking around for,” he laughed.

“That it is,” Sooyoung said over the crowd’s laughter. “I’ve already called dibs on the bottom tier.” Everyone laughed again at his joke since we all knew the bottom tier was the biggest.

We took a seat at the table meant for only us and the wedding party and waited for MC Sooyoung to move on to the next thing.

“Most of you here, including myself, have never been to an American style wedding so this will be a whole new experience for all of us. That being said, wouldn’t everyone like to know how Tiffany’s father feels about Taeyeon stealing his youngest daughter away?”

I could see both of our families clapping from the first row of tables and smiled. My dad was handed the mic and I took a deep breath. Please don’t embarrass me…

My prayers went unanswered however and daddy told everyone in the room a few stories about my childhood, each of which just put a bigger smile on Taeyeon’s face. Ugh, it was seriously hard to focus on my dad when Taeyeon’s perfect grin, dimples and all, were out in full force. I tried my hardest, but toward the end when daddy whole heartedly welcomed Taeyeon into our family in front of everyone, I really had no choice but to look at Tae. His grip had tightened on my hand and I could see tears pooling up in his eyes.

Wah~! My precious Taetae!

I moved one hand back and forth on his back in a steady motion and used my other to wipe the tear that was dangerously close to falling. As much as I wanted him to cry again like he did during the Korean ceremony, I didn’t want him to cry in front of all these people we hardly knew.

I wasn’t just saying that either, I really didn’t even know who some of these people were.

Taeyeon’s dad was next, and his speech was just as great… and very funny. No wonder Taeyeon was so ridiculous all the time…

“When Taeyeon was a child he wanted to take over the world,” his dad started after greeting everyone again. I laughed just like the rest of the guests did.

I could totally see a little mischievous Taeyeon telling his parents he wanted to rule the world. Ugh, his cute little grin and his adorable smiling eyes… I took an admiring glance at my husband and sighed.

Seriously, how did he not have any girlfriends until me? That jaw line alone makes me want to jump on him.

Before I could get lost in my rather interesting thoughts, Taeyeon’s hand squeezed mine, pulling me rapidly from my thoughts.

His father thankfully continued the speech and I took a deep breath. Whew~, that was a close one.

Control yourself Tiffany.

Just a few more hours and he’s yours.

Oh god, don’t think about it now!

Right, listen to your father-in-law. I froze.

Oh my god. He’s my father-in-law!

Ugh! This was all just so crazy to think about. His whole family was now connected to me in one way or another. Omo!

The guests were all laughing now and I had no idea what he just said.

Uhhhng~, I internally whined.

I wanna know the jokes too!

Well maybe if I was listening to him rather than picturing Taeyeon o- Yeah… I needed to listen… and I did.

Taeyeon’s dad talked about how his son had always aimed high and that his choice in me was no different. I felt my face reddening at that. When he joked that he thought Taeyeon had aimed a little too high with me, all the guests laughed along.

I guess it was okay since he was obviously joking, but I still felt weird... It was like I was offended.

I wanted to yell and tell everyone that my Taetae is amazing, however I couldn’t. Instead I turned to him and pulled his face closer to mine.

“I love you,” I whispered before planting a quick peck to his cheek.

While the kiss was great, watching him turn bright red was even better.

I heard the crowd ‘ooh’ and ‘aww’, which only sped up the process of turning Taeyeon completely red. It thankfully had no effect on me other than making me smile so big my mouth hurt.

It was my sister’s turn next. She and Hyoyeon both kept their speeches short and sweet just as our fathers did.

I’m sure the guests were wondering why everyone’s speeches were so short, but there was a simple reason why.

Taeyeon and I didn’t want everyone to hear our families’ intimate feelings toward us. We didn’t mind if all our friends heard a few funny stories about us or congratulations from our families, but we figured that was enough.

So instead of spilling their thoughts here, they told us all the things they wanted us to take in during the Korean ceremony.

We felt like it was better that way, and I didn’t regret it at all. Actually, I felt like it brought our families closer together after everyone being so physically close and talking to one another.

It was a great bonding moment for our parents, and Taeyeon looked pretty cute in a hanbok… especially when he was crying in the hanbok.

Watching him get so overwhelmed with emotions and love from everyone around him was intense. I would be totally lying if I said I didn’t cry either, but that was expected, right?

Brides always cry at their wedding!

Ugh, Taeyeon was just amazing in general today. I honestly couldn’t believe he was mine.

I couldn’t even believe I was married. Everything was still just so surreal.

After both Michelle and Hyoyeon spoke briefly though, it was my members turn.

I was rather excited to hear what they had to say, but I was also really hoping they wouldn’t say anything too embarrassing.

 “First of all, we want to tell everyone here and especially these two up here how happy we are for them,” Seohyun started. It surprised me a little that she started, but that only worried me.

Taeyeon was undoubtedly getting threatened by one of the other two…

“No matter what anyone reads or hears from someone else, we’re happy she followed her heart.”

“And a little jealous,” Sunny added playfully.

“Unnie~,” Seohyun whined. I laughed.

“What? We are,” she defended. “We’re very jealous that she found the right guy so quickly… It didn’t hurt that he was already head over heels for her before they even met,” she added quickly, causing all the guests to laugh yet again. I could feel my face heating up. “But either way they thankfully found each other.”

Aish! It wasn’t my fault he liked me beforehand, or even that I didn’t know who he was!

How was I supposed to know?

“Ne,” Jessica stated, picking up the speech. “I’ve known Miyoung for probably about seven years now and I don’t think I’ve ever seen her as happy as she is when she’s with Taeyeon.” I suddenly felt shy when Taeyeon looked down at me and grinned.

Ugh! One person should not affect me this much…

“I can’t say for Taeyeon because I haven’t known him as long, but I can say that he is an amazing guy.”

“That’s right,” Sunny added. “When we used to talk about our future husbands and boyfriends we always told each other that no one could get married if the rest of us didn’t approve of the guy. With Taeyeon she didn’t even have to ask. We all approved of him since day one.”

“Ne, Taeyeon oppa is always caring for Tiffany unnie. If you ever get the chance to spend time with the two of them you can just feel the love they give off… it’s inspiring.”

“And sometimes nauseating,” Sunny chimed in teasingly. I shot her a quick glare but the rest of the guests seemed to have loved it. Seohyun shook her head and continued on.

“They’re the best role models for true love I’ve ever seen and I hope to one day care for someone as much as these two do for each other.”

Oh my… Seohyun said that?

Wah~! Our maknae has grown up so much!

“That’s right,” Jess said happily. “That being said…,” she trailed off.

Oh god, here it comes.

“No matter how much we like you, we’ll always be on team Tiffany… Don’t screw up.”

The guests cheered and even laughed at Jessica’s playful warning before Sooyoung took over the mic again.

“Wow~, a direct threat from the ice princess herself. How does it feel Kim Taeyeon-ssi?” Soo lowered the mic to Taeyeon, who was obviously pretending to be scared.

“I-“

“Don’t care,” Soo said after quickly pulling the mic away from him. Oh my god!

Everyone laughed at Soo’s antics, even Taeyeon. Gah… Choi Sooyoung was something else. He and Sunny were perfect for each other.

“Before we start I think I need to make it clear that Yuri and I are also on Team Tiffany… You’re on your own hyung,” he said, causing the whole room to laugh yet again.

Their short speech was just as funny and interesting as their opening line and the guests loved it just as much as Taeyeon and I did.

Sooyoung handed off the mic to Taeyeon for real this time and he gladly took it.

“Thank you all for being here with us and thank you Kwon Yuri for making me look even more lame than I did before.”

I heard the guests laugh, but seeing him up there reminded me of only one thing.

When was I getting him to myself?

__________________________________________________

 

It was at least an hour later and I have yet to find the answer to my question.

The speeches had all wrapped up nicely and we’d even finished all the little traditional practices I wanted to do; cutting the cake and the first dance together.

They both went amazingly too if I do say so myself.

When we were feeding each other the cake however, I couldn’t restrain myself. Even though Taeyeon and I did promise each other we wouldn’t smash it in each other’s faces, the inner child came out at the last minute.

I didn’t smash it in his face though, at least I was able to constrain myself that much. No, I let him take the bite I was already feeding him, but as he chewed I scooped up some icing on my finger and dabbed it on his nose.

He pouted like a little baby, but after I used my mouth to take it off a minute or so later when hundreds of eyes weren’t on us, he was all smiles.

Ugh, what a dork… my dork.

IU and Changmin oppa sounded great during our dance too. Everyone loved it!

I’m sure they would have loved it even more if Taeyeon was up there but what can we do?

I also might be a little biased…

After that our newest song ‘The Boys’ came on and MC Sooyoung told the guests that the dance floor was open.

The party had finally begun!

Actually while everyone was making their way to the dancing area, Taeyeon and I were leaving it. We thought that we would get a second or two to rest before having to go and talk to people, but it was just that… a second.

Lee Sooman was right there in our faces.

Holy!

Taeyeon and I quickly stood back up and greeted him. It was random and very unexpected, but there he was. We chatted for a few minutes, but then thankfully he had a meeting or something to get to. After a sincere ‘congratulations’ and a few more words, he left.

One down, too many more to go.

Because we were already together and away from all the commotion on the dancefloor, Taeyeon and I the decided that we should take this time to go talk to and thank all of more important guests. For example we greeted Boa unnie, a few more of the higher ups in SM and of course our families, everyone else would just have to wait a bit longer.

Family came first.

We found my dad soon after greeting and talking to Boa unnie for a bit. She congratulated us multiple times and I just couldn’t believe it.

I still get nervous around her because she’s just so amazing.

Right when got to my family’s table though, daddy introduced Taeyeon to my relatives that flew in for the occasion right away. The ones he didn’t already know of course.

I was worried about how my Americanized family would react to him and to everything in general, but Tae was as charming and polite as ever and that made me just so much more relieved. I mean when someone that cute and that wonderful introduces themselves in the most adorable English accent you’ve ever heard, you didn’t have any other choice but to like them at least a little.

After we greeted and made sure to thank everyone from my family, Taeyeon took me to do the same to his.

His mother however had a different plan.

She wanted Taeyeon to go and start talking to other guests while she took me to meet their family… alone.

Tae refused at first and I could have kissed him, but his mom insisted. I tried to give Taeyeon a look of ‘please don’t leave’ and ‘help me’, but it was no use. His mom had taken me prisoner and literally shoved Taeyeon away.

I was worried, I mean I’ve met these people before, but only once. Hell, the only thing I’ve ever said to his grandma was my name!

I was nervous and anxious and even more relieved when I found out I was totally overreacting.

Taeyeon’s grandma might look a little, a lot, scary at first, but she was so precious. The rest of his family was great too. I could definitely see myself getting along with them all whenever Taeyeon and I visited his home.

When my sister joined in our conversation after a while and all the attention moved to her, I finally got a second to breathe. The only thing that I could think about though was Taeyeon.

I wondered where he had went to and who he was- oh god….

I was scanning the crowd of people to see if by chance I could see him and it only took a second, unfortunately.

Aish… was it too late to take back my ‘I do’?

That dork was out there dancing in almost perfect sync to KARA’s ‘Step’ right along with Hara, Nicole, and Jiyoung themselves…

How did he take so long to learn his own choreography, but then learn everyone else’s in no time?

No, I didn’t even want to know.

He was seriously too much.

I love him, but I also admit that he’s a bit crazy… always.

______________________________________________

After I danced to one of f(x)’s songs with Amber, Luna, and Sulli, I decided it was finally time to just barge in to the conversation Tiffany was having and steal her away.

At first when she was talking to my family, I didn’t really mind. I knew my mom would keep her for way too long anyway, so I just let them be. After Tiffany got through my mom’s torture though I figured she would come find me so we could start talking to guests as a couple, but nope!

Not at all.

Seriously, she had been on the other side of the room talking to people for at least forty-five minutes. Actually for a while I felt pretty guilty that she was talking to all these random people by herself and I only talked to the people I knew, but then I realized that was just who we were.

She is outgoing and the biggest social butterfly I know, while I do best in small groups of people and around people that I’m used to.

Opposites really do attract.

This is where I was drawing the line though.

Whoever wanted to talk to Tiffany would have to deal with both of us from now on, I’ve been too far away from her for far too long. I needed her in my arms again.

“Ah, oppa just one more song,” Luna called out as I walked away.

“Sorry~! I’ll come back with Tiffany,” I assured.

Dancing ridiculously was her specialty.

I made my way through the crowd of people, quickly thanking any incoming ‘congratulations’, only to find that she seriously hadn’t moved more than ten feet since the last time I was here.

This girl is incredible.

She, Bora and Hara were all talking to a small group of girls I’ve never seen before. Whatever, sorry girls Tiffany is mine now.

I took another step and-

“Annyeonghaseyo,” the girls all said loudly and bowed as soon as they saw me.

Damnit, and I was trying to sneak up on Tiffany.

“Ah, ne annyeonghaseyo,” I bowed back. “Sorry, but if none of you mind, I’m gonna steal Tiffany for a while.” I watched Tiffany’s surprised expression grow before Hara actually pushed her toward me.

“No, take her,” she said. “She’s been over here long enough.”

That I definitely agreed with. It was time for her to be with me, time for us to be together… and that’s exactly where we stayed the rest of the night.

I didn’t leave her side once.

At first she got a little worried about people not being able to find us if they wanted to thank us for inviting them or something, but I just told her that if they really wanted to talk to us, they would find us.

Today was our day! She was the bride and I was the groom, they could come to us… and they did.

Many people found us and stopped to talk to us. Some of them even went out and danced with us when Tiffany felt like dancing.

I couldn’t care less about what we were doing though. The whole time we were together my wife either had her hand in mine or I had my arm wrapped around her and it was perfect.

Ugh, this feeling was amazing. I couldn’t wait to be alone with her.

In the end though, I did have to wait.

I waited a while actually.

The whole night, and even up until we stepped out of the limo that was taking us home, we were surrounded by people.

Well in the limo it was only my manager that was with us, but still. Tiffany and I weren’t actually alone until we stepped into the elevator in our building.

 As soon as those doors shut and the security guard was out of view, I pulled her into me. My arms wrapped around her and I held her as tight as I could without breaking any bones.

It took her a second to react, probably from the quickness of my attack, but soon her arms were wrapping around my back as well.

Ah, finally~, I thought. This was exactly where I wanted to be.

“Did you have fun,” Tiffany asked softly.

I looked down at my princess and placed a kiss on her forehead. Aigo~ she actually sounded worried.

“Today was the best day of my life Fany-ah, of course I had fun.” She let out a deep breath.

“Really?” I hummed.

“Of course baby, I married you! Why would I want to change anything about today?” She brought her lips to mine.

“All of it?”

Okay, now I knew she was trying to get something out of me.

I hummed.

“It was fun, and we are getting the cake too, right,” I asked now that the thought popped in my head.

Gah, that cake was delicious. I heard her laugh.

“Yes Taeyeon, we’re getting the cake. Unnie is bringing it by tomorrow.” I sighed.

“Good. That cake was so tasty.” She hummed.

“It was pretty yummy, huh?”

“You’re pretty yummy,” I smirked.

“Yah~,” she whined, clearly enjoying the compliment. “You’re terrible.”

“You-“

DING~

The elevator doors opened and I only had one thought in my brain now.

“You~ need to hold on.”

“What…?” She looked at me like I was crazy, but I only laughed.

“Three-two-one,” I said as fast as I could before quickly dropping my arms and picking my wife up like a baby.

“Tae- Wha- Oh my god~,” she said funnily in English. Her arms wrapped tightly around my neck and just in time too. I really thought she was gonna fall there for a second.

“Oh my GAWD~,” I mocked back.

“Yah! I really hate you sometimes,” she said while giving me a cute, I mean evil, glare.

“Sometimes as in never,” I teased. She sighed.

“Shut up and go.”

“Yes ma’am,” I chuckled.

Walking the short distance to the door with Tiffany in my arms was no problem at all, opening the door however was going to be a little challenging. I started to shift her weight back and forth to see which would be the best option, but thankfully she stopped me.

“Lower me a little and I’ll do it Tae.”

I could’ve smacked myself in the head for not even thinking about that actually.

“Right,” I said firmly as I bent down a bit.

Good one Taeyeon.

Tiffany typed in the code quickly and as soon as I heard the door unlock, she pulled it open. I took a deep breath and stepped into the now foreign feeling place.

Omo, why did it feel so weird, so, so… new?

Duh Taeyeon, probably because this was literally the first step to starting your life together with Tiffany.

I mean, I got married just earlier today and now I was standing in the house I’ll be living in with my new wife. The house that we own together…

This was surreal to say the least. I took another deep breath.

This was also just way too much for me to think about right now.

“You can put me down now baby.” Oh god.

“Sorry,” I laughed. “I was just thinking…”

“About,” she pried while fixing her dress.

“Us,” I responded truthfully. She froze.

“What about us?” Aish, her eyes were wide like she was expecting bad news or something…

“Yah~ it’s not anything bad Fany-ah, don’t look at me like that.” She grinned.

“Then what is it Taetae?” Her arms slid around my waist and a wave of comfort pulled me in. “Tell me~,” she whined.

“It’s just,” I paused to try to find the right words. “We’re married...” Her smile was as big as the sun. “Wh-what do we do now?”

“Well, I’m going to go to the bathroom really quick and you’re going to go to the kitchen to see if Michelle left any wine,” she said, completely unaffected by my question. “The Hwang family really likes their alcohol.”

While I definitely agreed with that, I was truly worried. I mean, there had to be something we had to do right?

I needed to be the best husband in the world for her… but… how?

“I’m serious Fany-ah, what do we do now? What do I do?” She sighed.

“I’m serious too Taeyeon,” she defended. “We don’t need to do anything different and you don’t need to do anything special.”

“Bu-but we’re married now,” I said worriedly.

“Ah right! I totally forgot!”

Omo! So there really is something?

Oh god I knew it!

“First, you’ll have to give me a back massage every night.”

“Done,” I said firmly. Hold on… “Wait… is that really…”

“Of course not,” she laughed. “Did you really think so?” I shrugged. I honestly didn’t even know what to think right now.

“I don’t-“

My words were cut off by her hand that was now covering my mouth.

“Quit overthinking everything like you always do Kim Taeyeon. We’re married. The only thing that changes is that we get to live together now.” Her hand moved down from my mouth and played with my collar. “I love you and you love me Tae, nothing needs to change.”

I nodded.

She was right… she was absolutely right.

Why did things have to change? Well obviously everything would change a little bit, I mean we’d be living together instead of with our members, but it wasn’t the same thing.

We were doing just fine in our relationship before we got married, so why did I think something would be different? Actually now that I’m thinking a little more clearly, everything should go even better than before.

Instead of seeing her a few times a week, I would get to see her every day. Every single day… unless of course one of us was overseas or something, but still.

If anything was going to change in our relationship, it will just be that we love each other even more. I can’t wait to get to know even more about my beautiful wife.

All of her weird quirks that I haven’t figured out yet, all of her tiniest habits that you can only know if you live together…

Ugh, I couldn’t wait.

“Now,” she started, pulling me from my thoughts. “Wine,” she said while poking me in the chest. “Bathroom.” This time she was pointing to herself. I grinned.

“Yes ma’am.”

I helped Tiffany take off her heels and then I kicked my own shoes off before we walked down the hall together.

Tiffany opened our bedroom door while I turned in to the kitchen’s door way and-

“Holy … Tiffany!”

______________________________________________

 

I opened the door to our room and couldn’t believe my eyes.

I had totally forgotten about our members ‘gift’ that was waiting for us in the house, but this looks like a pretty good reminder.

Our members were amazing… ridiculous, but amazing.

Taeyeon had to see this.

I called for Taeyeon, but at the exact same time I heard my name being called too.

What the?

Oh no… don’t tell me they did the kitchen too…

I turned around and took a few quick steps to the kitchen and-

Oh my god.

They did the kitchen too.

There were heart shaped balloons everywhere, pink roses in at least three different places, and a huge basket that was stuffed full of snacks, chocolates, and who knows what else sitting on the island.

Holy…

“This is awesome,” Taeyeon cheered. I couldn’t agree more. “I told Soo to get the roses, but he really over did it with this.”

He was so precious.

“It was all of them Taetae. All of our members did this together.”

“Jinjja?” I hummed. “Wow~!”

“Yeah, Sunny told me earlier, but I totally forgot about it until I saw the bedroom.”

“They did it too?” I nodded. “Daebak~. Let me see.” With that he ran by me and just down the hall a bit to the door. “Wow! Unbaelebabul~,” he cheered in that stupidly adorable English of his.

I agreed though, this was unbelievable.

There were about a dozen or so flameless LED candles spread out across the room in little red and gold votive holders, illuminating the room in the most romantic way possible. On top of that, there were rose petals spread everywhere adding even more to the already cozy environment.

“I didn’t even know they made fake rose petals Fany-ah, look at this.” He handed me the silky petal and I just smirked.

Our members really did think of everything.

“Oh, I’m vibrating,” he announced. Seriously? Who in their right mind would interrupt us tonight of all ni- “No wait… you’re vibrating.”

Oh, it’s mine…

Since I didn’t have pockets or even my bag, Taeyeon had to carry it for me. He reached in his back pocket and handed me my phone.

“It’s just a text,” I said aloud after reading the screen. I swiped it open and saw that it was from Jess.

Huh?

“It’s from Jessica. Go get the wine ready and I’ll be out in a minute Taetae.” He hummed and then mumbled something about the wine as he walked away.

He was so cute.

Heading for the bathroom, I swiped the message open. Before I could even try to read it though, I was taken aback by yet another surprise inside.

They really outdid themselves.

Inside the bathroom there were the same fake candles that were in our bedroom, along with unlit scented candles placed randomly. I picked one up to smell, but was again distracted by another gift basket.

Oh my god.

This one was filled with scented soaps, salts, gels, and lotions. Everything to make a bath with my Taetae even more enjoyable. Sitting next to the basket were two very comfortable looking bathrobes that I couldn’t wait to use either.

Ugh. Our friends really were the best.

I picked my phone up again and looked at Jessica’s message.

 

Text Message
From: Sica <3

I’m writing this in English so if Taeyeon reads it first it will take him longer to figure out.

Congratulations again best friend. We love you two and we hope you two love all of our presents.

Since we love you so much, in your closet you will find an additional gift or two from us girls and we hope you put them to good use.

Also, we put the wine in the fridge so it wouldn’t get gross and hot.

We love you, have fun!

 

I was going to have to thank the five of them so hard when I saw them again. This was all so amazing.

Walking out of the bathroom, I didn’t even look in the closet where my members’ gift awaited.

I was so sure I knew what it was, I could probably bet my life on it. Instead I continued out of the dimly lit room and back into the- Omo!

“Kim Taeyeon!” He threw his hands in the air like I was robbing him and looked straight at me. “I saw that you jerk!” He laughed.

That little sneak was shoving a chocolate into his mouth just nanoseconds before I walked in.

“Sowwy,” he said with his mouth still full. “It looked so good though.”

“You should have waited for me, I want chocolate too babe,” I whined as I wrapped myself around him.

“Aigo~,” he teased. “I’m sowwy Pany-ah. Here, ahh~.” I opened my mouth and let Taeyeon feed me a chocolate.

“Mmm, that is really good.” He hummed.

“Want another?” I nodded and my handsome husband fed me another.

“Ooh, we should open the wine too,” I said now that the thought crossed my mind again. “It’s in the fridge.”

“If my baby wants wine, then wine is what we’ll have,” he said like some creepy old man. I laughed.

“Yah~, quit being weird.”

“It made you laugh though,” Taeyeon said while pulling out the bottle of red wine. I sighed.

I married a ten year old…

“Let’s go in the living room Fany-ah, I wanna sit down.”

I stand corrected… I married a lazy ten year old.

“Okay, go ahead. I’ll grab the glasses.” He hummed and quickly pecked my cheek before walking into the next room.

It took me a bit longer to find them since I still had no clue where anything was, but I found them.

Making my way in to the living room, I could see Taeyeon having an awfully rough time with the bottle. I grinned.

“Here Taetae, I found the glasses.”

“Oh, okay. Just set them down babe, I almost have this open.” I hummed.

Taking a seat on the sofa, I waited and waited, but still nothing was happening.

“I don’t know if I’m doing this right,” Taeyeon said a minute or so later after still having made no progress at all. I almost laughed aloud.

How could he be so cute while literally doing nothing?

“You can do it babe,” I said encouragingly.

While I laid on the sofa, I couldn’t help but smile as I watched him continue to struggle. He looked so confused and I know it was wrong of me not to help, but he was just so cute.

After another thirty seconds, I gave in.

Using my foot, I pushed on his to try to get his attention, but a weird puppy like groan was all I got in return.

I really couldn’t control my grin any longer.

He was so cute it was ridiculous.

I pushed on his again, but only earned another groan. I laughed. Why would he not just look at me?

Ugh, he was so stubborn.

Another idea popped into my head and I almost laughed aloud just thinking about it.

I moved my foot into position and-

“Yah~,” he yelped.

I busted out in laughter.

Oh my god~! He looked like a scared little squid when he jumped away.

“Don’t pinch my with your toes,” he whined. “That hurts Fany!” I smiled up at his pouty face.

“I was trying to get your attention,” I explained. He looked surprised.

“And a ‘hey Tae’ wouldn’t have worked?”

“Ani~,” I held out. “I wanted to touch your too.” He chuckled.

“Ahh~, now I see what it is… byuntae.”

“Yah,” I laughed. “Wanting to touch my husband’s makes me a byuntae?” He hummed.

“A big one.” Oh my god…

“Then what does that make you when you touch mine?” He smirked.

“Happy.”

I rolled my eyes and let him continue to struggle with the wine bottle… and to think I was going to help!

Hmph!

Unfortunately it didn’t take him that much longer though.

Once he popped the cork out, and scared me half to death in the process, he filled our glasses half full.

“To us,”  he said with his raised.

“To us!” I clinked my glass with his and-

Oh my god.

I don’t know if we clinked too hard or just the glasses were too full, but a few drops went flying in what seemed to be slow motion and landed right on… the floor.

Oh thank god.

Holy… I think I just lost ten years off my life.

I mean this dress wasn’t even mine, if I got red wine on it our stylist would seriously murder me.

“Tae?”

“Fany?”

“I need to go change before I get wine on this dress.” He gasped.

“Omo, I didn’t even think about that… I’m sorry.” I grinned.

“For what? Not putting my wine in a sippy-cup,” I laughed. “It’s my fault Taetae, don’t be sorry.” He sighed.

“But still… Is there anything I can do?”

I knew he was just trying to be sweet, but there really was something he could do…

“There is something…”

“Jinjja?” I hummed. “Okay, what is it babe?” I bit my lip.

Oh god, why was I being shy tonight of all nights?

No. Tiffany, pull yourself together!

Right… Taeyeon is my husband after all…

“Y-you can come help me with the zipper.”

“The… the zi-zipper?” I watched him gulp.

Holy…  was he nervous too?

“Mhm,” I hummed. “I can’t reach it...” He nodded.

“S-sure, of course baby… Should I bring the wine?” I grinned.

“I don’t think it’ll matter either way Taetae.”

__________________________________________________

 

When I began to feel the weight of Tiffany’s body on mine, I knew I was finally awake. My other senses decided to kick in all at once it seemed as the flowery scent of her hair filled my nose and the sight of her cheek squished up against my chest came in to view.

It was hard not to laugh at the sheer amount of cuteness that was Tiffany right now, but I had to keep it in. If I laughed too hard or even at all it could wake my sleepy princess up.

I couldn’t have that.

Nope! I had a plan and her being awake would ruin 95% of it.

For our first morning as husband and wife I wanted to surprise her with breakfast in bed and I obviously couldn’t do that if she was awake.

Okay, I mean I could but it definitely wouldn’t be as fun.

I began my attempt at sneakily getting out of bed, but immediately regretted it. When I hopped off the bed, my foot landed on one of those stupid fake candles that we had left lying around.

While they looked great last night, they were killing me today.

“Oh my god,” I groaned as I sat back down on the bed.

Ugh, I grabbed my foot out of instinct, and then I heard a groan.

!

Another puppy like groan resonated and I looked right at her.

Please don’t be awake, please don’t be awake, please don’t-

“What are you doing,” her husky voice questioned as her eyes adorably blinked open.

Aish!

What do I do? I can’t tell her what I’m actually doing.

Uhh, think!

“I was going to the bathroom,” I lied… kinda. Crap, now that I said that I really do need to pee. “I stepped on one of the candles though,” I pouted.

“Come here,” she said with a still groggy chuckle.

I instantly gave in, I mean who could resist a half- Tiffany ever? I knew she was under the covers and everything, but that didn’t stop my mind from thinking about it.

I cuddled as close as I could and pulled her into me even more.

“Mmm~, you’re so warm Fany-ah.” Her lips pressed to my chest.

“So are you baby… Let’s stay like this all day.” I laughed.

“Like this?” She hummed. “All day?”

“All day.” I grinned. Not only was she being cute, she was slowly falling back asleep. I could hear it in her voice and… oh god, I’m a genius.

“But I have to pee.”

“Then go pee… and can you get me a glass of water please? My throat is so dry,” she said all with her eyes closed.

Gah~! She was so adorable, and really tired it seemed. A sense of pride swept over me and I couldn’t stop smiling.

I really must have worn her out last night for her to be this tired. I mentally high-fived myself before bringing my lips to her forehead.

“Okay wifey~, I’ll be right back.” She sleepily hummed with a precious smile on her lips.

I am seriously the luckiest guy in the world… and now that she told me to go get her a drink, I don’t even have to sneak away to the kitchen!

Mwaha~!

Operation Breakfast in Bed is a go!

 

__________________________________________________

Operation Breakfast in Bed is a no go…

As I searched through the kitchen I found everything I needed, except for one thing. One very important thing in the eyes of my Tiffany.

Coffee.

Seriously, how did we have eggs and everything to make pancakes with, but no coffee?

Aish… we even had gummy sharks, but no freaking coffee.

Now what do I do? We didn’t even have enough juice or milk.

Ugh!

I guess I could run to a grocery store really quick. I mean, it was still early so no one would really be out…  but ehh, the stores are all too far away now that I thought about it. I don’t want to leave Tiffany here that long by herself.

Ugh, now I was really out of options…

No, wait a minute!

Oh my god, Kim Taeyeon. You really are getting dumber.

There was a Starbucks like a block away!

Duh~!

How could I forget that?

Seriously, I must be more tired than I think I am or something…

Whatever. It didn’t matter. I just needed to hurry to Starbucks and make it back before she realizes I’m gone.

Right.

I snuck past the sleeping Tiffany and into our closet. I mean I obviously couldn’t leave the house in what I was wearing, I mean I didn’t even have a shirt on! I quickly threw on the first pair of jeans I could find along with a plain black shirt.

Good.

As I snuck past Tiffany again the sudden worry of ‘what if I didn’t make it back before she woke up’ filled my head.

Aish… I couldn’t tell her, and I still didn’t want to wake her up. A text message would make noise and-

No, that’s it!

A real message would be perfect! I rushed to find a piece of paper and quickly jotted my message down.

‘Dear Mrs. Kim,

Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon. I had to step out and get something really quick so please just stay in bed and wait for me. I highly doubt you will wake up before I get back any way, but I’m writing this just in case.

With love, Mr. Kim.

P.S. If you find this before I get back I will grant you three wishes.’

I smiled and added a few hearts before taking it back into our bedroom and laying it on top of her phone that was sitting on the bedside table.

She really couldn’t miss it there.

Feeling satisfied with my note, I grabbed the last few essentials; wallet, sunglasses, and my phone.

After putting on my jacket and shoes I left the house and headed into the elevator.

Since Starbucks was so close too, I decided to walk. If I took the time to go get my car, drive in all the traffic, and going through the trouble to find a parking spot it would probably at least triple the time I would be gone. Plus, I’m sure the place isn’t packed, so I can be in and out in no time.

It only took about four minutes to get there, but waiting in line was a whole different story.

This place was not only packed, but super packed!

Oh well, I told myself. It was worth it and I’ve already committed.

Tiffany loves Starbucks and I wanted to make this the best morning possible for her… I just hoped that this girl with her phone pointed at me was doing anything but taking a picture.

Whatever Taeyeon, just get your coffee and go!

Right. Along with the two drinks, I bought a bag of make your own so I wouldn’t have to come back tomorrow.

I checked my phone to see if I had any missed calls or texts from Tiffany, but I didn’t. I did however surprise myself with how quick my trip had been so far.

Man those Starbucks employees deserve a medal or something, they were so fast!

Thanks to them, I was doing great on time too. Tiffany for sure wouldn’t wake up until I got back.

I was actually pulling this off. I couldn’t believe it.

I found my building and went in the front door with ease. Stepping in to the elevator I-

BUZZ~

Oh god.

Please be another ‘congratulations’ message,” I chanted in my head.

I hit the message icon on my home screen and died a little when I saw who it was from.

Tiffany.

Damnit!! I was seriously so close! Just a few minutes more and I would have been in the clear…

“Ugh,” I sighed again. So unfair.

I opened her message anyway.

 

Text Message
From: Wifey~<3

When will you be home? I miss you.

 

It broke my heart to read that, but also it made me feel so incredible at the same time.

I didn’t like the fact that she missed me; no, I should have been here when she woke up, but her calling our house ‘home’ made me so happy.

Home.

This was our home.

It was a fantastic feeling that I couldn’t even begin to describe.

This was where we would live as a family. This is where we would eventually start our family.

Ugh, it was amazing just to think about it all.

This is where we would spend time with each other, just the two of us alone.

No cameras, no fake smiles, no having to deal with fans, managers, or anyone else we didn’t have to.

It was just us.

Together.

____________________________________________________________

 

I can’t believe we’ve finally reached the end, but here we are.
I never thought this day would come.

Thank you all so much for reading and enjoying my story as much as I did.

If you're like me though and don't want to accept that it's over, don't worry!
There will be a sequel/ part two/ whatever you want to call it.

You can find it here.

Thank you all again so much!
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3