Rehearsal

Into the New World

 

 

 

“Jinjja? My face? Just me?” I nodded.

“Yeah, I really wanted to ask her where she got it,” I said honestly. “I need one for every day of the week~.”

Okay so maybe that was an exaggeration, but I would like to have at least one!

“Yah~! You better not,” Tiffany said teasingly. I just laughed. She was so cute when she was pretending to be mad…when I knew she wasn’t going to get actually mad or serious that is… she gets scary otherwise.

Since I could tell she wasn’t though, I decided to keep on teasing.

“Why not? We can get you one to wear with my face on it and then wear them together as couple tees… Omo! Can we get those full body cut outs and put them in our house too? How funny would tha-ah- oh. Hello,” I said with a tiny bow to the flight attendant that literately popped out of nowhere.

The woman asked me if we needed anything and I was about to say no, but then I remembered that I didn’t even ask Fany.

Duh~! Good one Taengo!

I turned in my seat to ask her, but saw the letter she was holding, and still has yet to read to me, fall to the floor. Aigo~!

“Way to just throw my stuff around,” I teased as I reached down to grab the letter. “Do you… uh, d-do you need anything Fany-ah,” I asked warily.

When I looked up and saw the expression she was giving, I knew something was off. Her eyes were wide, her brows furrowed, and her smile was nonexistent… 

Oh god.

I went ahead and told the flight attendant that we didn’t need anything and quickly turned to face Tiffany.

“What’s wrong babe?”

I noticed her breathing heavily now as she was growing paler.

Oh no.

“You… you aren’t going to throw up, are you?” Tiffany hasn’t had any problems getting sick while flying before so I had no idea what to do. “Sh-should I call the flight attendant back,” I asked in a panic.

Oh, good idea Taengo! I reached for the button to call for her but my hand was stopped.

I looked to Tiffany and she just shook her head. What the…

“I’m not sick,” her voice spoke quietly. Again, the only thing I could think was ‘what the hell?’

If she wasn’t sick though, what was it?

I looked in to her eyes to see if I could even get the slightest hint to as what was wrong but I couldn’t. She just kept looking back and forth between my eyes, lips, and the letter that was in-

Wait a second… The letter?

Why would she be looking at the letter of all things?

Omo… what if…

No~. That couldn’t be it. What could the letter have possible said in order for her to react like that? It wasn’t even to her!

Aish~! Even though I knew the letter more than likely had nothing to do with what was upsetting my princess, I was curious to know what it said anyway, I mean it was a fan’s letter. I caressed Tiffany’s hand that was already in mine before holding the letter up so I could start sounding out these American words.

‘Dear Taeyeon,

I hope you really enjoy the cupcakes I made fo-‘

“Don’t,” Tiffany called out as she tried to grab the letter from my hands.

However, she was too slow. With a swift motion I held it out in the aisle so she couldn’t even try to stop me.

“Taeyeon please don’t,” I heard her say worriedly. I however, ignored her warning yet again.

Seeing as how she was trying to get me not to read it, this really must have been what was upsetting her. If this was bothering my Fany that much, I totally had to read it. I mean it was addressed to me anyway… and I hate seeing my princess like this the most.

I had to fix it.

Okay, back to where I was.

I hope you really enjoy the cupcakes I made for you. It took me a few tries to get them just right.’

I paused and looked back at Tiffany, who still had the tightest grip on my hand and the saddest eyes I’ve ever seen.

Ugh, my heart was breaking by just seeing her sad face, but I was confused.

“Babe,” I said with a smile. I brought her hand up to my lips and placed a few quick kisses. “Don’t be sad Fany, Fany Tiffany~! It’s not even a bad letter, why don’t you want me to read it?”

Seriously, it was actually kinda cute how my, er… well her fans took their time to make these for me… even if they did accidently make me sick.

It was the thought that counted right?

“How far did you read,” she asked warily. Uh…

“Huh,” I voiced. “I only read the first two lines. Why…“

Oh god, if she was asking that does that mean it got worse?

Oh no. Whatever it was that upset her truly must be in this letter.

I looked back to it instantly and tried my hardest to read the rest as quickly as I could and I almost couldn’t believe it.

This was undoubtedly a hate letter toward me.

The girl that wrote this seriously did not like me. I didn’t even understand why she hated me at first, but it soon became very clear.

After a few quick insults she finally mentioned something about me not deserving Tiffany and- oh…

Okay… well that actually might be true since Tiffany is a goddess, but the rest of what she was saying was ridiculous!

She said that I’m only dating Tiffany so I can get more famous and well known.

Right~, that’s why we tried to hide it for as long as we could…

If I wanted fame from it don’t you think I’d try to make it known right off the bat? Ugh, I think I’ve even talked about this on a program before…

Aish! When I read the next part about me supposedly seducing Tiffany in to liking me I almost laughed aloud.

If anyone did the seducing it was Hwang Miyoung! She started it! I mean just look at her, you’d have to be blind to not be the slightest bit attracted to her with just one glance.

I was on my like, millionth glance and I was still being pulled in.

Me seducing her?

Oh god, that was good…

Other than saying that she hated me about five times, and all for different reasons I might add, I was also responsible for breaking thousands of fan’s hearts along with causing SNSD itself to break up.

This was outrageous. Although I was kind of sorry for how the whole situation of us coming out as a couple happened, I was in no way sorry that it happened.

I knew that it could’ve probably been handled better, but oh well. That ship has long sailed. Tiffany and I are getting married tomorrow… I think? The day after tomorrow?

I don’t know. I don’t even know which time zone we were in right now, but either way it was happening.

If the fans couldn’t accept that then I guess they’ll just continue to be ‘heartbroken’ about it. I will be marrying Tiffany. No ifs, buts, or maybes about it.

She was mine.

There were countless other rude things she said as well as some uh… choice words she used to call me, but I just ignored it. All this was, was a fan that is seriously in love with my girl.

If the shirt with her face on it didn’t make it clear that she was Tiffany’s fan, the bit about me ‘taking her unnie away’ definitely dropped a hint.

I couldn’t blame her for liking Tiffany or for not liking me for that matter, but I also don’t see why she would go through such lengths to hate me!

I mean what did she hope to achieve? We would break up and Tiffany would automatically be in love with her?

Yeah, I wouldn’t hold my breath…

I skipped the last half or so assuming it was probably along the same lines as the first half and almost laughed again after reading what it was signed.

‘Tiffany’s true love.’

Oh god this was so good.

It clearly wasn’t good that I was receiving such a hateful letter, but since it was from a fan that was a little too in love with my fiancé it was kinda hilarious. I was totally going to have to hold on to this one. I might even have to frame it.

I read over the comical signature one more time before suddenly noticing there was a P.S. I grinned.

This should be even better.

‘I hope the cupcakes were to die for.’

Uhh. What the hell?

Why would she say something nice like that when she just… just…Holy .

No… You don’t think she actually…

Everything made complete sense though.

The shirt, the gift, the allergic reaction, the letter…

Oh my god, I can’t even process this.

She put the- in the- and then I-

Oh my god.

My mind was going a thousand miles a minute as I tried to rationalize everything.

Not only did this girl think I was unworthy of Tiffany in every way possible, she took it upon herself to just take me straight out of the equation. I guess if I wasn’t alive I wouldn’t be there to break up SNSD!

Oh my god…

That girl.  Sh-she tried to kill me.

Tiffany’s fan honestly tried to kill me, and-

Oh god.

Tiffany.

I turned my head so quickly that I think I popped my neck a little out of place but I didn’t care. When I saw the tears in her eyes about to slide down her cheek, everything inside of me just wanted to rip this stupid armrest thing out from in between us and hold her as tight as I could.

Now I understood why she was being like that.

I wasn’t going to lie and say I wasn’t shocked and a little scared… okay so it might be more than a little, but I couldn’t let Tiffany see that!

If the tables were turned and she was the one that got sick because of my fans, I would feel like complete . I know it obviously wouldn’t be my fault, but I would feel horribly guilty if someone hurt my precious Tiffany all because they were in ‘love’ with me.

No, I couldn’t let her see me worrying… It would only make her feel worse than she already did. All I could do was put on a smile and wrap my arms around her the best I could in these stupid seats. Ugh, I just wanted to make sure she wasn’t sad any more.

“Come here,” I said before moving my arms around her. I kissed her neck a few times before tightening my hold. “No crying, okay?”

“But-“

“Nope,” I interrupted. “No buts. I don’t want to see you shed one more tear until you see me at the alter tomorrow looking super cool.” I heard a chuckle and instantly felt better.

Mmm! That was exactly what I needed to hear!

Tiffany’s laugh cured everything.

Plus this was no time to worry about anyone but ourselves. We needed this. We needed a break from our schedules, from performing, and especially from our crazy psychotic fans who clearly want me dead!

From here on until the end of the week it was all about Tiffany and I. This small break was going to be exactly what we needed.

I knew it really wasn’t going to be a ‘break’ since we were still going to be running around until we say our ‘I dos’ but still. Instead of having to worry about thousands of people like I did when we perform or appear on a show, all I had to worry about the next few days were Tiffany and my family that was visiting.

“You want me to cry,” she asked with a sniff. Her tone was a bit surprised, but I was just glad she didn’t sound as sad anymore. I hummed and released from the hug so I could see her adorable face.

“Of course,” I grinned. “Shouldn’t you start tearing up when you walk down the aisle toward me? You’ll look at me and just think ‘Omo, what did I do in the past life to be this fortunate’,” I said while imitating her. Her smile grew.

“Uhn-uh,” she grunted adorably. “If I cry it’ll be more like ‘Omo out of all the guys, I got stuck with him~?’”

“Yah~,” I held out. “Hwang Miyoung~!” Her grin had evolved into a full blown, mind melting, eye smile now and I couldn’t help but mirror it.

Why was she so amazing?

“You know I’m just joking Taetae,” she said before her hand moved to my face. Her warm hand felt so nice too as she let her fingers run over my cheek. “I’m so sorry babe. I don’t even know what to say.” I sighed.

I knew she would try to apologize again.

“Don’t say anything. It wasn’t your fault Fany-ah.” I put my hand over hers.

“But it is my fault Tae… It was my fan who-“

“Nope. Don’t say anything like that, okay?” She gave me a sad look. “I’m not kidding Tiffany. We are getting married tomorrow and our families are finally meeting each other tonight,” I said after the sudden horrible reminder that popped in my head. “We don’t need to worry about all this, plus I’m fine so forget all about it for now.”

“But-“

“Nope,” I said again before putting my hands on both sides of Tiffany’s head. “You… will… forget,” I practically chanted in a deeper voice as I shook her head slightly. It was so slight that it was seriously almost a vibrate. She laughed though.

“Yah~, what are you doing?”

“I’m clearly brainwashing you babe,” I said with a grin. “Just forget about this and focus on how much of a disaster tonight will be.” She sighed.

“Tonight will be bad Tae, but nothing will ever compare to this. I’m so sorry.”

I once again told her to stop apologizing, but she only sighed. Aish! She was so stubborn!!

After I promised we’d tell my manager once we arrived in Korea though, she seemed to relax a little more. A few minutes later I even got her to stop petting me and to try to sleep.

I will admit that I really loved when she did that though. I loved when her fingers ran through my hair and her hands caressed my face… Ugh. I wish I could’ve let her do that all day, but she needed rest.

We both did.

The next few days were going to be crazy.

_______________________________________________

 

Although I just said goodbye to Taeyeon an hour ago, I already missed him. His words were thankfully still ringing in my head though.

‘I’ll see you tonight.’

Ugh, it just felt so good to hear that. It felt incredible to be able to know exactly when I’d see him again, it also didn’t hurt that it was going to be just later today instead of in a week or even a few days like usual.

I was excited… and a little scared.

Tonight was the rehearsal dinner for our wedding tomorrow. Taeyeon didn’t even know what it was at first until I explained it to him just like I’m sure none of his family had the slightest bit of an idea.

I guess it was a more Western tradition after all…

A rehearsal dinner was literately just a dinner where our families come together and have a good time before the big day. It usually included the wedding party as well, but since this was going to be the first time our families even met, we decided that our group members should sit this one out.

Even though I had all this excitement and just pure craziness running through me, I couldn’t stop thinking about the girl that tried to poison Taeyeon.

I know I told him I’d stop thinking about it and just relax, but I couldn’t. Even our managers were speechless when we told them what really happened. They said the last time something happened like this was when that anti-fan poisoned Yunho oppa with glue years ago.

They also said for us not to worry about it and that they’ll take care of it, but I really couldn’t stop.

Ugh, I just didn’t understand.

Sure, I can understand not liking an artist for some reason or another, but to go to this extent…

It was ridiculous.

It was also ridiculous that I didn’t even know we had stopped, let alone that my sister had already made it to the car. When she slid open the van door it scared me to death!

Seriously, I jumped.

“What’s with the face Tiff,” she asked. I just laughed as I tried to clear my head.

Oppa got her bags for her while she got in the van right beside me.

“Seriously, I feel like I’m seeing you too often now,” she teased.

“Yeah, yeah,” I said while we quickly hugged. “Is everyone in Korea?” She nodded.

“Yep, oh and Aunt Jade and Kristine are coming with us to breakfast.” Wait just them? I knew daddy and Leo were coming too but…

“How about uncle-“

“Nope. He’s resting or something. The flight he and dad were on just got here a few hours ago… Business or something.” I nodded. That made sense.

Oh god, if our uncle was sleeping in though…

“Is daddy coming to break-“

“Yes Tiff, don’t worry. I’ve got it all under control.”

She did too, I was rather impressed. She told oppa where to go and then started telling me everything she and Jisook, our wedding planner, talked over.

That on top of the adorably funny stories she had about her and Taeyeon’s mom’s time together, we made it to the restaurant in no time at all. I was surprised and a bit proud of myself that I didn’t think about the incident with Taeyeon’s allergies at all… until now that is.

Crap!

No. You can do this! Just clear your head for now.

Exactly! Taeyeon is perfectly fine too, there’s no need to worry about something I can’t change, right?

Right… that’s way easier said than done though.

________________________________________________

 

We walked inside and were quickly led to the private room in the back of the restaurant per usual, for me at least. My sister however was a bit surprised by the ‘star treatment’ as she called it. I just shook my head. I guess she hasn’t really visited me over here before, so she’s never seen me as SNSD’s Tiffany.

Sure she’s seen me at a few of the SM Town concerts, but those were all in America. Being in Korea was a whole other ballgame.

The hostess opened the door for us and my eyes immediately shot to the table full of people in front of me. Seeing my dad and brother, who I haven’t seen in at least a year, put the biggest smile on my face and seeing my aunt and cousin again so soon was nothing to complain about either.

After hugging and greeting every single person, including Leo, I finally took my seat amongst them.

We finished ordering and I couldn’t stop looking at everyone. Wah~! It was just so nice having my family here with me. It felt so amazing that they had come this far to support Taeyeon and I. It was even better that this wasn’t even everyone from my family who had come to celebrate the big day with us.

I knew a few of my other cousins and their parents had come to Korea too, but since they were visiting other family while they were here they couldn’t make the impromptu breakfast gathering.

What I was especially missing most these past months though was my mom. I miss her every day don’t get me wrong, it’s just that I knew she would have loved every minute of this.

The planning, the dresses, the perfectly cheesy and romantic proposal, the groom in general…. Oh gosh she would have loved Taeyeon I just know it!

Even though she wasn’t here, I could feel her love in each and every one of my family members that were. It didn’t fill the hole in my heart for her, but it definitely helped.

Oh no, I could feel myself tearing up.

“Why didn’t Taeyeon come,” my dad asked, thankfully pulling me out of my thoughts. “Scared of all us Hwangs in one place?” He and my aunt, his sister, laughed while I just smiled.

“No dad~, he went to go spend the day with his family before the dinner tonight too. I think his grandparents are coming to Seoul today,” I explained.

“Ahh I see… Grandparents eh?” I hummed. “How are his parents? What do they do?”

Well that was random.

“Uh, they’re very nice and they own an eyeglass shop in Jeonju… Why?” He smiled.

“I’m just curious since I don’t know anything about them,” he explained. I nodded. I guess that was fair... On the rare occasion we did talk to each other on the phone it was usually about just how I was doing. Sometimes he’d ask about Taeyeon, but never about his parents.

“Well they’re very nice people. I’ve only met his dad once, but he seemed alright,” I smiled. “Oh and he has a sister too, she’ll be there tonight.”

“Sister,” Leo asked cheekily. I groaned.

“Ugh, Leo~… she’s like twelve or something you .” He laughed.

“You should have said ‘little’ sister then.” Oh my… “Ohh wait, is she the one you went to the amusement park with?”

“Yeah,” I answered quickly, wanting to hurry past this topic… but wait. “Uh, how did you know that?”

That was like… at least a year ago. It couldn’t possibly still be news.

Well maybe since the wedding is tomorrow, they’re bringing up things about our famil-.

“I googled him.”

I froze.

Oh my god.

“What!?”

He was joking right?

“Taeyeon,” he responded back flatly. “I googled him.”

Oh my…

“You googled him?” He hummed. “Oppa~ you can’t google my boyfriend!” He laughed again.

“Why not? I’ve only met him once and I wanted to see what he was like… when he wasn’t nervous as hell,” he added with a laugh. “You know, there are a ton of things online about you two.”

“Oh my god,” I mumbled. This was unbelievable.

I understand that he wanted to get to know what he was like, but couldn’t he just wait to experience it himself? Hell, he could’ve asked me!

Ugh, god knows what he found online… Mostly lies I’m sure.

“By the way, are you really sure you wanna marry this guy Tiff?”

What the?!

Seriously?

“Oh my god Leo, of course I’m sure I want to marry him! Why would you even ask that?” He shrugged.

“I was just wondering…”

“Why, what’d you find?”

My head shot in the opposite direction at that.

“Daddy!”

Not him too…

“Oh calm down Stephanie. I just want to hear why your brother said that… and plus the boy was very nervous the whole time he came to visit so I don’t think I got to see the true him.” Oh jesus.

“He’s not a boy, daddy,” I argued. “He’s older than me.”

“Oh you know what I mean,” he said in a rush.

I couldn’t believe this… I also couldn’t believe that he actually asked me that.

Ughh!

“It was because you’re my dad, dad! I was nervous around his parents too,” I said. Did he really think whatever boyfriend or girlfriend his children brought home would be able to relax around him, especially at their first meeting?

“He was pretty nervous at my house too though Tiffany,” my aunt said. Oh my gosh. Her too? I thought she’d be on my side at least!

That was easily explainable as well though.

 “You were all watching his performances while speaking in English in front of him! Of course he would be nervous.”

Taeyeon wasn’t confident in his English at all and it’s just awkward in general to watch yourself on TV… What did they expect? A live performance?

“Yeah mom, he wasn’t nervous when we went shopping or to the fair later that day. He seemed fine to me.”

“See~,” I said loudly. Gosh, it was just because he was put in awkward situations. Why couldn’t they understand that?

“You’re acting awfully suspicious Tiff,” Michelle said. “Just let Leo tell them what he found, unless you’re hiding something~,” she laughed.

“Seriously?” I looked around to all the anticipating faces and sighed. I was never going to win. “Fine. Go ahead.”

It’s not like I was hiding anything anyway and there couldn’t be anything bad on there, I mean it was Taeyeon. What could he have found?

I looked to my brother and he just grinned.

“I didn’t really find anything incriminating,” he started. I scoffed.

Why would he even make a big deal about it then? Oh god, he was seriously so anno-

“He just seems really strange… totally not your style Tiff.” Kristine and my sister burst into laughter and I couldn’t believe it.

“Really? That’s your big revelation?” He hummed. Oh good grief… I could have told him that.

“Yeah, I don’t know how he is when you two are alone but man he seems really weird to me…” I opened my mouth to counter his semi-rude comment, but my sister beat me to it.

“He is pretty weird,” she started. Oh my god, I figured she would at least try to defend him a little!

“Yah! He-“

“BUT,” she interrupted me. “He really loves Tiffany and that’s all that really matters dad... Seriously, I think he might literately worship the ground she walks on.”

While I don’t think it was quite to that extent, I was happy she didn’t continue saying rude things.

“You’re right,” my aunt said. “The way he looks at her is like something out of a movie… I think even I started to feel giddy after watching them,” she laughed. I couldn’t help but smile at that, even though it was sort of an odd compliment.

That sure explained why she stared at us the whole time we were there though…

“What made you say all that then Leo? If he loves your sister and she loves him, what’s the problem?” I grinned.

Finally, he was taking my side!

“I’m not saying there’s a problem dad, I’m just saying that I think he’s a little weird, and totally not Tiffany’s style. I just find it strange… Did he knock you up or something?”

My jaw dropped.

Did he really just ask that?

Did he really think I was marrying Taeyeon because I was pregnant?

Oh my god… I couldn’t hold it in any more.

“Yah! He did not, uh,” I paused after realizing my volume. “Ahem… He did not knock me up Leo Hwang. Don’t you think we would of married as soon as possible if that was the case?” I sighed. “Even if that was~ the case I’d be huge right now, or maybe even already have a baby, I don’t know I can’t think about time right now…”

“She’s right,” Michelle chimed in. Ugh, but the words wouldn’t stop running through my head.

I wasn’t finished. I had to get my point across.

“Exactly, and what makes him not my style huh? Attractive, caring, and sweet isn’t my style? Since freaking when? He takes care of me Leo, he makes me the happiest I’ve ever been in my life and if you can’t deal with that then you can go fu-“

“Hey~,” Leo said loudly, thankfully interrupting me. “No need to go any farther,” he grinned.

I looked around at everyone else at the table and they all looked, uh… well surprised to say the least. I cleared my throat.

“Sorry,” I said softly as I felt my cheeks heat up. “I didn’t mean to-“

“Don’t. I’m glad you defended him,” Leo smirked. “If you would have started to question him with me we might have a whole other round of concerns.”

What the…

Wait a second.

I noticed my dad start grinning along with him. A laugh came from beside me and- oh my god.

“You guys did that on purpose?!”

That was it. The whole table burst into laughter right then and there, except for Kristine. They must have left her out of the loop too.

I couldn’t believe this… I was played?

Oh no, I was played.

Totally and completely played.

I felt so stupid and embarrassed and, wait a minute!

“So you don’t actually think Taeyeon’s weird?!” Leo laughed.

“Oh no, he’s absolutely a weirdo. I mean, just watch him on any of those TV shows.” I opened my mouth to fire back but was quickly cut off. “But, if you’re okay with it, I guess we have to be too, right?” I smiled.

I really did love my family. The fact that they even did that whole set up thing proved so much that they truly cared about me… and loved annoying me.

“Unless you want me to stand up when the guy asks if anyone objects to this couple?” I quickly glared at my brother.

“Leo I swear to god if you do that I will kill-“

“Oh~ look! Food’s here,” Michelle said cheerfully, interrupting my threat.

I made the ‘I’m watching you’ hand gesture to my brother, and he just laughed.

Ugh, he was lucky we were in public.

___________________________________________

 

“Oppa~ when is Tiffany unnie getting here?” I smiled at Hayeon’s excited expression. I sure knew that feeling.

“Anytime kiddo. She said they’re just pulling in to the restaurant,” I said nervously.

While I tried to talk myself up all day as I was meeting my other family members, when it came to it I was still worried sick that our parents wouldn’t get along for some reason.

They just had to!

I paced a few times in front of the door and-

“Kim Taeyeon, sit down. You’re making me dizzy,” my dad said sternly.

Oh god. That wasn’t good.

“Ne,” I replied, but after about two seconds of sitting, the door opened in front of me. “Omo!”

Quickly standing up, I watched the hostess walk through the door, followed by the prettiest girl in the world.

My smile couldn’t be hidden as she walked right past me and… wait.

What?! She was headed straight toward my parents!

Not even a hug?!

“Ah Taeyeon,” the deep voice from in front of me spoke. “It’s nice to finally see you again.”

Oh, right!

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo abonim,” I said with a full bow. “I’m sorry we missed you when we were in LA.” He grinned.

“Don’t worry about it, it was my fault. Thank you for taking care of my daughter for me,” he chuckled. I forcibly and awkwardly laughed along.

“Ne of course sir it was my pleasure … Noona,” I said a little bit more relaxed. “It’s nice to see you so soon. I hope our house was okay for you.” She grinned.

“Of course Taeyeon-ah, your mom was the best. You remember Leo, right?”

No, I completely forgot my fiancé’s only brother…

“I sure do,” I said with another bow. “Thank you for coming all this way Leo-ssi.”

“Aye~ call me hyung. Tomorrow we’ll be officially family anyway,” he smiled.

“Okay, hyung,” I said back to him awkwardly.

I took a deep breath.

No, you’re doing great Taeng, I told myself. This was the second time you’ve ever met those two, that wasn’t so bad!

Whew~! Right. This night would not go wrong.

I turned around to see my mom still hugging Tiffany and I sighed.

Never mind.

“Umma~, let her go.”

“Oh Taeyeon, give me a break,” my mom snapped back. Oh god.

Thankfully though, she released my princess from her hold so I could introduce everyone officially.

“Uh Appa, Umma… this is Tiffany’s father. Mr. Hwang these are my parents.”

They all bowed to one another and introduced themselves again before Tiffany introduced Michelle, Leo, and Hayeon to everyone next.

 I was really hoping this went okay.

The eight of us sat down at the table and thankfully I was right next to Tiffany. The waiter came in just after we were all settled in and gave us the menu.

Everyone ordered fairly quickly except for Leo and Hayeon. I guess Leo didn’t want to admit his poor Korean skills while my sister was just annoyingly indecisive.

Ugh, this was going to be rough.

The waiter took the menus and once he was out the door, the room was silent.

Oh god.

Tiffany’s hand gripped my thigh underneath the table signaling me to talk, but I had no idea what to say either! Ugh, my baby wanted me to do this though… I guess I would just have to make it up as I go? I took a deep breath and-

“Uh-“

“Unnie, I really like your new song,” Hayeon said thankfully, making everyone grin.

“Oh jinjja?” She nodded.

“Mhm! I know all the dance moves.” I could see the happy look on Tiffany’s face and I couldn’t hold back my grin. Wah~! She was so beautiful.

“Oh yeah?” Gah~, she seemed almost proud... until Hayeon let her in on the secret.

“Oppa taught me!”

Oh jesus, that kid I swear.

“Taeyeon,” Tiffany asked in a shocked tone. Everyone’s eyes were on me now too. Great…

“You were supposed to keep that a secret~,” I playfully whined. Tiffany’s stupidly perfect smiling eyes wouldn’t stop staring at me though. “I just figured that there’s going to be dancing at the reception so I thought I’d teach her some of your moves so she could dance with her unnies.”

I watched the corners of curve up in to a full-fledged deadly smile. Ugh…

“That’s really sweet of you Taetae,” she said softly.

“Aye~, I didn’t teach her all of it… just the main points,” I laughed. “We had a lot of down time.”

Sure my aunts and uncles and even cousins came to eat lunch with us, but after the basic ‘congratulations’ or ‘oh~ tomorrows the big day, how do you feel,’ kind of chit chat they all pretty much just talked to my parents.

Some of my cousins got rather excited though when Hayeon told them that multiple idols were going to be there though. I being the genius that I am came up with a brilliant idea too. I told them that I would introduce them to their favorites at the reception if they behaved during the ceremony.

I laughed in my head, but I thought it was probably the best idea I had all week, especially since I was a little worried whether they could sit through something like that with no issues. I mean, it is kind of a foreign concept to them and all.

I don’t have to worry now though.

Problem solved!

“But still Taeyeon-ah,” Tiffany smiled. “It’s very thoughtful of you. Thank you.”

Ugh! I wanted to stop and give her a big kiss right then and there, but I couldn’t with all of our parents watching.

Soon.

“Now we can dance together tomorrow, right Hayeonie?” My sister eagerly nodded her head.

“Ne unnie!”

“You’ll have to teach this unnie how to too, Hayeon-ah,” Michelle said happily. “I don’t know the moves either.”

“Jinjja?” Michelle hummed. “Okay unnie. You start out like-“

“Hey, hey, hey,” I cut her off. While I was glad they were bonding, this was no place for a dance lesson. “Not right now Hayeon-ah,” I laughed. I heard Tiffany giggling too. “You can teach unnie tomorrow, okay?”

Uh-oh… she was looking down and a little embarrassed now.

Oh good going Taeng.

“She’s very cute,” Mr. Hwang said pulling my attention away. “She reminds me of when Miyoung was little. Dancing and just bouncing all over the place,” he laughed while looking at his daughter.

“You’ve raised her well Mr. Hwang, she’s a wonderful young woman,” my mom complimented. “We considered her family from the first day, but we can’t wait until she’s officially part of it.” I felt Tiffany’s hand slip in to mine so I gave it a light squeeze. This was so surreal.

Both of or families were here right now talking about us. Our future!

Ugh! I couldn’t believe it!

“Well thank you Mrs. Kim, That’s a very great compliment to hear, but I could say the same thing about your son.”

Oh god.

I squeezed Fany’s hand again.

“I only met Taeyeon once last year when he came to visit with Tiffany, but he was very respectful the whole time. I think he took better care of Tiffany than she did of herself!”

“That’s our Taeyeon,” my mom said back happily, before I could even comment. “You’ll never have to worry about her while she’s over here Mr. Hwang. Taeyeon loves her more than I can even describe.” They all smiled while I just felt my cheeks heat up. Tiffany was playing with my fingers too, so I knew she must be feeling the embarrassment as well.

Aigo~!

“I know that Mrs. Kim. I’m truly glad that I can full heartedly trust her with him. I know she’ll be in good hands no matter what.”

Omo…

I felt amazingly happy hearing those words. Ugh, hearing my girlfriend’s dad talk so highly me was unbelievable. I was seriously about to scream!

“Did Taeyeon tell you that I gave him my blessing within the first ten minutes of talking to him?”

My parents got a shock out of that one, but Mr. Hwang just laughed.

After his true yet embarrassing story, our food had finally arrived. Just because our mouths were full of food though, does not mean the talking ended though.

Seriously, it was like the only stories our parents could remember were embarrassing ones…

Ugh, whatever. I was just glad they were getting along.

________________________________________________

 

Even though all eight of us were in the same room, I think there were three separate conversations going on.

One consisting of my parents, Tiffany’s dad, and Michelle telling even more embarrassing stories about Tiffany and I. I think they were now even bringing in stories about Hayeon and Leo too.

Ugh… I was ignoring that one on purpose.

The second conversation included my little sister and Tiffany’s older brother. Now this one was kind of hilarious. I wasn’t really paying attention to them, but when I did catch a word every so often I couldn’t help but grin.

Those two were talking about food. Just food.

Seriously. The last sentence I heard my sister say was ‘this pie is so yummy.’

Aigo~!

She was something else.

The conversation I was paying attention to though was one that included Tiffany and I… well mostly Tiffany, but I was being a great listener.

She was telling me the events of her entire day, starting from this morning and gah~ she was so cute. She was getting so excited over everything.

She told me how her family tricked her into yelling at them, for making fun of me I might add. I almost gave in and kissed her for that one. She was so amazing.

After her breakfast adventure though she, her sister, her members, and her cousin all went to go get their nails done. Oh boy~.

I swear, every time I see her she has something new on her nails… She might be obsessed.

“Let me see,” I said enthusiastically. No matter how silly it was to get her nails done so often, they did always look really interesting afterward.

She held up her hands, but kept moving her fingers around. Aish!

“Yah~,” I held out before grabbing her hand. “How do you expect me to look at them like that pabo?” She giggled adorably.

“Pretty, right?” I hummed.

“You sure are,” I grinned. I felt her try to hit me, but I had her hands captured. “Mwahaha,” I faked an evil laugh.

“Tae~. I’m serious~,” she whined with a pout. “What do you think?” I chuckled and took an actual look at her nails.

“They’re very pretty Tiffany,” I said after inspecting each one.

I wasn’t lying either. They were oddly pretty. I mean they were fingernails… how could they be pretty?

Tiffany’s however, were.

They were painted white at the tips of the nails and then it faded down into the real skin color underneath. They were also glittery and had little silver gems glued to them… Seriously, these were more of an accessory than just a covering of the nails.

“Jinjja?” I nodded, but I was kind of curious.

“I’ve always wanted to ask you this though Fany-ah,” I started. She tilted her head to the side and I hummed. “Doesn’t this stuff get caught in your hair?” She rolled her eyes. “I’m serious… omo, doesn’t it catch when like you wash your hair or something? I feel like it’d fall off.” She sighed.

“Nope. I’ve told you this before Taetae, but it doesn’t get caught or fall off at all.”

“Really?” She nodded and ran one of her hands smoothly through my hair.

“See~,” she held out. “Not even a little bit.”

I felt warmer under her brief touch and smiled. She was right though. I didn’t feel one tug at all… I also don’t remember her telling me about it before… if she said so!

“Well good. What else did you guys do?”

“Hmm,” she held out adorably. “We went out for lunch, dropped Kristine off at her hotel, got massages, and then tried on our dresses again,” she said with the biggest smile. I couldn’t hold mine back either.

I couldn’t believe it. Tomorrow we would be married.

Hell not even twenty four hours if you wanted to get technical.

Ugh I couldn’t wait.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim Taeyeon just sounded so good.

Wah~ I was so happy.

“Yah, are you even listening to me?” I froze and looked right at Tiffany. Her risen brows and wide eyes told me that I definitely missed something…

I shook my head.

“Sowwie~,” I held out with aegyo. “I was thinking about how exci-“

“Wait,” Tiffany said loudly, interrupting all three conversations.

“What is it Tiff,” Michelle asked. I was curious too.

“Oh, I just heard you saying something about times for tomorrow, right?” Her sister hummed.

“I was starting to go over the timeline Jisook gave Mrs. Kim and I the other day.” Tiffany’s eyes lit up.

“Jinjja?” Michelle hummed.

“I was going to explain it to our fathers so we were all on the same page of when things are to happen.”

“Oh well I need to be a part of this Michelle,” Tiffany said sharply. “Everything has to be perfect.”

I grinned.

Buckle up, here comes Manager Hwang~!

____________________________________________

 

“Oppa~,” Hayeon whined. “I get to flick you on the forehead! Those are the rules!” I sighed.

“You know I’m bad at rock, paper, scissors though Hayeonie, this isn’t fair.” She just grinned.

That evil little-

“Yeah dude, why are you so bad at it,” Leo asked with a laugh. I shrugged.

“I honestly have no idea, I’m usually good at games, it’s just that I always lose at rock, paper, scissors… It’s a curse.”

“Nah~, you’re just unlucky,” he laughed.

“That too,” I agreed. I mean it had to be something. I seriously always lost.

Always.

“He’s not unlucky,” I heard Tiffany say from behind me as I felt hands squeeze my shoulders. “He just used up all his luck to get me,” she said playfully.

I almost argued her comment, but then again she was totally right.

“That’s true,” I said with a grin.

“Yah,” she said with a nudge. “I was just kidding silly.” I leaned my head back as far as it could go to look up at her grinning face and smiled.

“I wasn’t.”

She caressed my forehead and then ruffled my hair again before smiling back at me.

“It’s time to go.”

Omo!

I moved my head back in its proper position and stood straight up.

“Really? Everything’s settled?”

They had been talking for the past hour or so about pretty much everything. Who was walking down the aisle with who,  what time we needed to be done with each thing… Even the pyebaek after the real ceremony was discussed in full detail.

There wasn’t one thing that they left out, seriously.

Fany had a list.

I however got bored ten minutes in to the discussion.

Well it wasn’t that I was bored, of course not. I mean it was my wedding. It’s just that I knew Tiffany had a certain image and schedule she wanted to go by in her head and I wanted to let her do her thing.

I knew tomorrow was already going to be perfect for me no matter what, I just wanted it to be beyond perfect for her.

We only had one wedding!

She nodded, but my mom responded.

“Everything is taken care of Taeyeon-ah…. D-don’t you two worry about a thing.”

I heard her voice crack and I knew what was about to happen.

I let go of Tiffany’s hand and wrapped my arms around her.

“Aigo umma~, why are you crying?” I rubbed her back, but I just heard a loud sniff.

Oh no. This was the worst.

Seeing, well hearing, my mom cry killed me.

“My little boy is all grown up!”

Oh god never mind… It’s going to be this again? I grinned. My mom was so precious.

I knew right where this conversation was headed.

My mom for some reason thought that once I married Tiffany we would obviously be moving to another planet or something.

“Hey now, I’m not that grown up,” I teased softly.

“That’s for sure umma,” Tiffany said from behind me. “He still has the toys and games to prove it.”

I smiled. At least my baby was here to help me, unlike earlier today when I had to convince her by myself…

“You won’t need me anymore and I’ll get to see you even less,” she said sadly.

Oh goodness. I leaned back to look her in the eyes.

“Umma, don’t talk that craziness again. I’ll still need you, Tiffany and I will both need you,” I grinned. “We’ll call you often and especially every time we need help with something… I promise.”

“He’s right,” Tiffany said again. “When I need help cooking anything I’ll call you right away.”

“Exactly umma, Tiffany’s a horrible cook so she call you all th- Oww,” I said after receiving two smacks. One on the arm from my mom and another on my back from Tiffany. “You’re lucky no one will see all these bruises you two leave on me,” I laughed.

“Oh shut your mouth Kim Taeyeon. You shouldn’t be talking like that about your future wife,” my mom said almost proudly. “You should be supportive and-“

“In his defense Mrs. Kim, my sister really is a horrible cook,” Leo spoke up. “I think she’d burn water if it was possible.” I started to laugh, but Tiffany pinched my side.

“See mom~… Ugh, just please stop crying. You’ll have plenty of time for that tomorrow,” I said with a grin.

“Oh no,” she countered. “I can’t cry tomorrow.” Uhm… What? “There will be wedding photographers and I don’t want to go in the album as the crazy crying lady.”

Oh goodness.

I shook my head and sighed.

My family was nuts.

_____________________________________________

 

Tiffany and I were in my car driving silently back to her dorm.

It wasn’t a weird silent or even an awkward silent.

It was warm, comfortable, almost welcoming.

She was holding my right hand and playing with my fingers and it just made me so happy. I honestly felt sort of drunk, like I was floating… or maybe like I had just taken way too many painkillers.

I don’t know, but it was surreal.

I made a right turn into her building’s garage and Tiffany laughed. I hummed.

“Wae?”

“If you needed to use your hand you could have just used it.” I chuckled.

So maybe I did have to use a little handy work to get the turn done smoothly and safely with one hand, but I didn’t want to let go.

“Nope, it’s right where it wants to be,” I said as I parked in a spot, using my left hand to change gears. She laughed.

“Seriously? You totally needed to use your right hand for that.” I shook my head.

“No~! I need to use my right hand to do this,” I said before pulling her hand to my lips. “MWAUH~!”

“You’re ridiculous.” I nodded.

“You love it.” It was her turn to nod now.

She leaned in to give me what I could tell was going to be a quick peck, but I couldn’t let that happen.

My free hand found the back of her neck just before she started pulling away.

“Uhn-uh,” I voiced. “I haven’t got to do this all day.”

I pulled her back toward me and let our lips press together again. I felt her teeth nibbling on my bottom lip as she on it slightly, pulling it toward her and driving me insane in the process.

Oh my god, I couldn’t even control my body  for an unauthorized moan escaped. Tiffany however, seemed to have loved it.

She changed positions and moved closer to me, reaching even farther than she could before with her tongue.

Oh god I missed this so much.

“Fany,” I breathed in between kisses. “Let’s… go back… to our place.”

With one more long kiss, she pulled back a little.

“We can’t.” I groaned.

“Why not? No one’s there~.” I pouted in hopes to win her over, but I only won another quick kiss.

Seriously, my mom and her sister both were in their own hotel rooms tonight.

She pulled away again and smirked. What the?

I looked up to her eyes and-

“I’m saving myself for marriage,” she said with that same evil grin.

What the…

“But-“ Her lips pressed to mine once more.

“Sorry baby. I’ll see you tomorrow,” she said before opening the door behind her.

You’ve got to be ting me.

I was shocked and confused as that evil tease of a fiancé seriously got out of the car.

She really got out!

Aish! You can’t just let her get away like that Taeng!

Ugh, but she was already out of the car…

I took the first idea that popped in my head and ran with it.

Rolling down the passenger side window, I watched Tiffany walk even farther away.

Aish!

“Yah,” I hollered. “I’m busy tomorrow!”

I watched her stop in her tracks and turn around with the biggest smile on her face.

Oh gosh, it was stupid how crazy she made my heart go… and other parts of my body now that I mention it.

With one last wave and ‘I love you’ hand gesture, she turned back around and went into the building.

Ugh, fifteen hours.

Only fifteen hours to go Kim Taeyeon.

This is it.

_____________________________________________

 

Sorry for taking so long to update!
I've been having the writer's block of the century and I was trying to get things just right!
I am truly, truly sorry!
I'm still not quite sure everything is as okay as I want it to be, but it will do!

If you have any ideas/suggestions/wishes for the wedding chapters I will gladly take them in to consideration.
I don't want to disappoint any of my readers for the finale!
Also this link will take you to where the sequel of this story will be located^^

Thank you all so much for reading, commenting, and voting on my story!
I'm so happy so many people have liked it enough to do so. Thank you<3