New York Pt. 2

Into the New World

 

 

 

We arrived at the MTV studio and I couldn’t wait. When we drove by I could briefly see that the boys were still on the jumbo screen, so I wanted to hurry in and see Taeyeon.

I waved at some of the screaming fans stationed across the street and quickly followed my manager through the door and up the flights of stairs.

I think we were all pretty excited actually. I knew I for one was curious to see how their English speaking skills held up in a real life and real time situation. I knew Sooyoung only used English to be a smartass and Taeyeon only used it when he had to… or when he wanted to be cute.

When we met our ‘guide’ at the desk at the top of the stairs, I couldn’t resist. I had to ask.

“Excuse me,” I sort of interrupted. “Do you think it would be possible to watch the interview that’s going on right now?” The man smiled.

“I’m sorry, but I’m not allowed to let anyone in while they’re filming.” Damn… “I can turn it to the right channel on the TV inside your waiting room though,” he smiled.

“That would be awesome, thank you,” I said happily.

It’s not like I could force him to let us, so I guess this would have to do for now.

The older man led us down the hall eventually stopped at a door on the left.

“This is where you’ll wait,” he announced.

Uh, yeah… It wasn’t like this was our first rodeo here. I just smiled.

Just hurry and get it to the right channel ahjussi, I needed to watch him!

“The guys out there now will be coming to this same room when they get done though… I hope that’s okay. MTV Korea doesn’t get much space here in the building,” he laughed.

“Yes, that’s just fine. Tiffany here is engaged to one of the guys out there now anyway. They’re all friends.”

“Oh is that so?” I hummed while he continued to flip through some channels. “Ahh~ here we are… Which one is he?” I grinned.

I don’t know why, but I suddenly felt embarrassed... and a little shy?

I looked to the screen and-

“Now that you’re in New York City,” the MC of the show said quite loudly. Wow, was the volume up or was that her actual voice? “How long are you staying here?”

“Uh, until tonight,” Sooyoung answered in English.

“Not him,” I said to the close up of Sooyoung that it had been stuck on.

“Tonight,” the MC reacted. “That’s so~ short!”

“Yeah,” Soo laughed again. “We are still jet lagging and we have to get back for important event.” I smiled at his cute English accent.

Wahh~! I couldn’t wait for Taeyeon to talk.

The camera flashed to a view of the three of them and I quickly scanned before they cut to a close up of Yuri.

“Not him either… the one on the end.” He nodded.

“Ahh the sick one.” Sick?! “Well I hope he feels better and an early congratulations. If one of you could come with me, we have to go to the production office for a quick meeting.”

Excuse me, he was going to have to rewind for a second there.

“Si-“

“Yes, we’ll go with you,” one of our managers said, cutting me off. Another manager left with them, but I just kept watching the screen.

Sick?

They were only rarely cutting to a view of the three of them together, but every time they did Taeyeon did look… off. I didn’t know what it was, but it made me curious, and a little worried.

Taeyeon never faltered during interviews and now he looked like he wasn’t even paying attention at all.

I don’t think I even saw him smile once until the other two laughed. Then he kinda gave a quick chuckle before it flashed to a close up shot of Sooyoung again.

The next time it briefly showed him he was rubbing his eyes.

Okay, was he seriously alright? More importantly though, they needed to slow the camera changes down, oh my god. Why haven’t they stayed on Taeyeon for more than a second yet?

Rude…

It finally cut to a view of the three of them and Taeyeon was looking down.

That was when I finally noticed.

I could tell before that something wasn’t right, but this… this really worried me.

As he was looking down it looked like he took a deep breath before biting his lip and… and oh my god, it looked like he was trying to blink tears away?

He quickly lifted his head with a forced smile, but I knew. I had to ask.

“What the hell is wrong with Taeyeon?”

“What are you talking about,” Sunny said from behind me. I turned to see their semi-confused glances.

Oh seriously? I get that they were probably staring at their boyfriends, but they didn’t notice?

“Look,” I pointed at the screen. “He looks like he’s going to cry.”

When I looked at the screen again it was even worse.

It showed the three of them. Yuri and Sooyoung were happily chatting while Taeyeon looked like he was in pain or something.

Serious pain…

He had his eyes closed and his brows furrowed. His lips were pursed together and he slowly moved his head down again. I felt a pit in my stomach.

I wanted nothing more than to go out there and stop this interview, but I knew I couldn’t. Instead I had to stay in this stupid room and watch my Taetae suffer… I would do anything to hold him in my arms right now.

“That man did call him the sick one Tiff,” Jessica said. She was right, but still. It seemed more than that.

“Yeah maybe oppa caught a cold,” Seohyun suggested. “I’m sure it’s nothing if they let him out there.” She had a point, but having a cold was impossible. I shook my head.

I saw him this morning and even if he had a cold, he did not look like that… It was only for a minute or so, but still. I would have noticed this.

His face looked pale and almost every time it showed him, his eyes were closed with another pain stricken look on his face. When it did show Taeyeon with his eyes open though, they were just barely…

Was he tired? No. That can’t be it either.

I’ve seen him dancing around with bloodshot eyes and a happy smile. If he could fake his energy through a performance, an interview should be a piece of cake. Something was wrong.

Something was really wrong.

Ugh! I just wanted to go out there and hug him. He looked so hurt that it hurt me to watch. I tried not to watch for a second, but I couldn’t take my eyes away… My poor baby.

“Wha-what do you thinks wrong with him,” I asked hesitantly. Oh! “Oppa do you know?” He shook his head.

“Nope, no one has told me anything.” UGH! Why would they not let one of us kno- “It seems pretty serious though.”

Uh, that sure got my attention.

“What? Why? Why do you say that?”

“Well, they haven’t even given a chance to say anything yet. Their managers must have told MTV to not talk to him or to just focus on the other two…”

Oh god, he was right… I didn’t even think about it like that.

“What could be-“

“Tiff calm down,” Sunny said as she held my hand. It wasn’t going to stop my eyes from watering up, but it helped. “He’ll be in here in a few minutes. I think they're almost done.”

Oh my god, not only was I not able to help him when he was feeling bad, I was missing his first true American television interview too?!

Okay, time to pay attention Tiff.

The MC was laughing at something the boys must have said before she quickly regained her composure.

“Before we say goodbye we have one more surprise for you,” she grinned at the cameras. “Getting personal with TYS, so don’t go anywhere and stay tuned.”

Ugh, right when I start actually listening…

There was a minute or two for the commercials but when it finally came back the camera flashed to the three of them where Taeyeon had his chin resting on his hand.

In came another hit to my heart.

I felt so bad for him out there, seriously. He had to be feeling awful if he was acting like that. He was hurting so bad that he couldn’t even fake a smile for more than a second.

I saw Yuri nudge him and then say something quickly to him, even though he tried to hide it.

Yul has never been good at the whole talking through your teeth thing…

There was a bit of music and then the woman started to talk again.

“Now before we wrap up our time with you we have one more interview with the boys with more questions from some of the biggest fans… Our first question is for the maknae Sooyoung.” Soo looked taken back for a second but then kept up his smile. “A lot of fans are dying to know if you still keep in touch with Girls’ Generation’s Sunny?”

All three of them laughed, and I was happy to see Taeyeon looking a bit livelier… but when his laugh turned into another cough, my stomach dropped. Ugh… just hurry up and finish this. I needed to see him.

“He said yes,” the translator started. “He says that they still see each other so often that sometimes he feels like they’re still married.” The woman laughed.

“I’m sure the fans will be happy to hear that,” she grinned. After asking a few more random questions about girls and ideal types, she moved her attention elsewhere.

“Taeyeon, I hear your ideal person hasn’t changed once though,” she smiled.

Oh my… Seriously? She went through the whole interview and only now she decided to talk to him? She had to be blind to not be able to see he was obviously in no condition to talk.

“Uh, yes,” Taeyeon managed to get out before having to clear his throat.

Thankfully Yuri spoke up for him and said that he’s liked the same person since before debut and that he’s marrying her in just a few days.

She congratulated him, but then asked another question that was obviously directed at him…

This … I was really going to have to hit her when I got out there, especially now. When Yuri answered the question for Tae before, it really looked like he was about to cry. I could see from here that his eyes were watering up and I was through a monitor!

This time Sooyoung picked up the question and explained that not only does Taeyeon want to continue writing songs, but he and Yuri both want to give it another shot too.

I was seriously going to have to thank them once they got back…

And maybe kill the manager that let Taeyeon go on air like that.

 

__________________________________________

“This is stupid,” I said aloud.

“Oh come on Tiff, they’ll be in here any second.”

I knew she was right, but I still didn’t see why they were taking so long to get back to the room.

They were done right? It’s been at least five minutes. Ugh!

I just wanted, no, I needed to see him.

“Just sit down Tiff, you’re making me anxious and it’s not even my boyfriend.” I sighed.

“Fine…” As soon as my hit the sofa though, the door opened. “Omo,” I said before jumping back up.

Yuri walked through the door followed by two of their managers, the stylist and- uh...

“Where’s Taeyeon?”

The four of them looked back and forth between themselves.

Uhm? Did they not understand my urgency here?

“I asked, where the hell i-“

“Tiffany calm down,” Hanyoung oppa urged. I shook my head.

“Tell me. Tell me where he is…and why he looked like that.”

He opened his mouth in hesitation a few times before letting out a deep sigh.

“Taeyeon had… well he had an allergic reaction.”

“He did what,” I asked before I could even think. Oh my god… An allergic reaction? And they let him out like that?! “Where is he?”

Oppa sighed again. “He-“

“Oh just tell her Hanyoung-ssi,” their stylist said. “Taeyeon had to make an emergency stop in the bathroom… He said he was going to throw up again.”

Oh my god… what? Why? Wait…

“Again?” She nodded. If I wasn’t about to cry earlier, this sure did it. “Where? I have to-“

“Sooyoung and Dobin-ssi are with him right now Tiffany, he’ll be fine. Just wait.” Was she crazy?!

“Wait?! I can’t wa-“

Just then the door opened again, stopping me midsentence.

“False alarm,” a voice cheered from behind the door. “He didn’t need to pu-uhh oh my god, what are you all doing in here?”

Sooyoung walked through the door with his arm draped around a lazily blinking Taeyeon. Tae was holding his head and- Oh my god, he looked even worse in person.

He noticed me, but before he could even get my name out of his mouth, I had my arms wrapped tightly around his waist.

“Pany-ah~,” he said in his sleepy voice.

All my anger subsided at the first sight of his pitiful face but it didn’t stop the millions of questions running through my head. I didn’t know where to begin, so I settled on the most obvious first. I held his face in my hands and looked in to his sleepy eyes.

“Are you okay?” He nodded. Moving my arms around his neck, I pulled myself in closer. “Are you sure?” I heard a groggy hum as I kissed his neck quickly. His warm arms weakly wrapped around me and I smiled. “You don’t have to be strong for me Kim Taeyeon,” I said softly. “Are you really okay?” He hummed again.

“Yes Fany-ah, I’m just a little sleepy...,” he paused to clear his throat again. “And my head still hurts, and-“

“Is your throat still tight,” Hanyoung oppa asked.

Oh my god, if all those two things weren’t bad enough his throat was tight too? Wait, his throat was tight in the first place? Isn’t that like… really bad?

As I felt Taeyeon shake his head against me, I turned partially toward his manager.

“Is he really okay?”

“I’m fine Fany-ah,” Taeyeon said before grabbing my cheeks this time and making me look at him. “Don’t I look fine?” I shook my head.

“You look really bad babe,” I said honestly before feeling his forehead. Holy! He was also burning up. “And you’re really hot!”

“Well that was pretty contradictory Fany-ah,” he grinned. Ugh, I swear if he wasn’t sick I would have hit him right then and there.

“I mean temperature wise you jerk.” He lazily smiled.

“I know what you me- ahh,” he said before holding his temple. My eyes widened in horror as his squeezed shut.

“Wh-what is it? What’s wrong?” He shook his head.

“My head,” he croaked out. I could see the tears building up around his eyelashes and his clenched jaw tighten as breathed in hard through his nose.

I couldn’t take this. My heart literately hurt from seeing him in this much pain.

“Oppa, wh-what do we do?”

“Just be patient and let the medicine do its job. I gave him more in the bathroom so once that kicks in the headache should fade away just like everything else is… Soo get up, let them sit there. Taeyeon needs to rest.” I heard him hum anxiously before getting out of the way.

I helped guide Taeyeon to the sofa where we both took a seat. Once I got into position beside him though he immediately leaned into me. I rubbed his back and ran my hand through his hair once.

“You’ll be okay baby,” I cooed.

I could still hear him breathing heavily as I placed a chaste kiss on his head.

“This is not okay,” I said angrily. He being this tired and this in pain was definitely not right.

“All of this is just the side effects of the medication Tiffany, this just means it’s working.” I nodded. “And everything else had definitely gotten better since earlier, just give it more time. The headache should pass soon too.”

The medicine explained almost everything, but it made me feel even worse. If this was ‘definitely better’ I didn’t even want to think about how he was earlier…

Why didn’t they tell me he was feeling this bad? They didn’t even tell oppa!

“Why did no one tell me? I have the right to know you know! He’s-“

“Fany-ah~,” I heard Taeyeon say weakly, stopping me midsentence yet again.

“What baby?”

“Shhh,” he held out. I heard Jess laugh. “You’re too noisy.”

Okay… maybe I was being a little loud, but I was still mad about no one telling me. He was my fiancé for goodness sake. I should be the first one to know.

Sooyoung burst into laughter and earned himself a groan from Tae as well.

Ugh, I guess I would just have to get my answers later when Taeyeon didn’t have a headache.

That would be soon right?

______________________________________________

I was sitting on the sofa running my hands through Taeyeon’s hair. I knew he really loved when I did this and since he was using my lap as a pillow anyway, I needed something to do to keep me from worrying.

Er, well… worrying as much that is. I couldn’t help it. My Taeyeon was sick!

The door opened and in came Yuri, Jessica, and a few managers. Since we still had a little while before we had to go on and the TYS fan meet wasn’t until around the same time, our managers decided to just let us all stay together. They also didn’t want to have to make Taeyeon move until they had to.

“Is he still asleep?” I nodded. “Aish, I hope he feels better,” Yuri said as he sat down in the chair beside me.

Omo! Now that Yuri and a few TYS managers are back I can finally figure out what happed with him.

Every time I tried to ask about it before, Taeyeon just shushed me… He was seriously lucky he was sick.

Then when everyone left to go explore, and to escape Taeyeon’s almost constant ‘shh’s, I was left with only our manager and stylist, who would have no idea about the whole situation. I could’ve asked their stylist, but she was busy on the phone and I didn’t want to interrupt.

This was my chance, here goes nothing!

“How did he eat nuts in the first place?” Yuri and the TYS managers all looked a little taken back for a second.  “Don’t you all know he’s allergic?” He sighed.

“We do know Tiffany, obviously. It’s our job to know…”

Yeah and it’s not your job to make sure he doesn’t eat them?

Ugh, no Tiffany. Calm down and listen to him first.

“But he ate a cupcake that was given to him by a fan. That’s what caused it.”

“Oh,” I started. I couldn’t think of anything to say to that. Taeyeon was just being Taeyeon and appreciating his fan’s support.

I felt Taeyeon’s forehead crinkle under my hand and instantly got fired up again.

No, precautions definitely should’ve been taken…

“Shouldn’t you have checked it or something?” I tried to ask it as nicely as I could, but I don’t know how well that turned out.

He nodded.

Wait, he nodded?

“Yes we should’ve, that was our fault,” he admitted. You’re damn right it is... “But we did afterward and we couldn’t see nuts in them. We figured it must have been used unknowingly. It was such a little amount that we couldn’t taste it either.”

That’s not an excuse…

“Isn’t there a nutritional label or something? A sticker that says ‘contains nuts’ or anything?”

Oh god, I couldn’t even think what would happen if he ate a substantial amount.

“No, not at all. Yongduk said that a lot of the local bakeries and cafes that make their own cupcakes only have the nutritional information in the store itself.”

Ugh, he did have a point there…

“Ne, that’s why we think that it was an honest mistake,” another one of their managers said.  “Or they could have even been homemade and they didn’t clean something properly.”

That all made complete sense too, but still. Taeyeon looked horrible!

Not horrible as in gross or dirty or anything, but horrible as in he looked like he was about to die!

His pale face and the distant look in his eyes when he was awake… Ugh.

“Why would you guys let him go out there then? Can’t you see he is in no shape to do an interview?” I felt the tears forming in my eyes.

Ugh, if this was LSM’s doing, we were definitely going to have a-

“Hey, it wasn’t their fault Tiff,” Yuri spoke up before patting my back. “Soo and I told him that we could handle it while hyung took him to a hospital, but he wouldn’t go. He insisted on going out there.” Holy…

“A hospital?!” Yuri’s eyes widened.

Oh my god.

“Yes,” Hanyoung said firmly. “His reaction was pretty bad Tiffany. The vomiting and coughing is one thing, but due to his throat closing up, we really should have gone to the hospital.”

“Why did you let him then,” I asked a little louder than I should have.

Taeyeon groaned and we all froze. With my hand caressing his chest and his now slightly smiling face though, I figured we were in the clear… for now.

“Now,” I spoke softer. “Why did you let him out there? Couldn’t you stop him?”

 “We tried, but he insisted on going out there Tiffany and you know how stubborn he is. He said he didn’t want his fans to worry about him or something.”

“You idiot,” I mumbled in his direction. “Don’t you think your fans will worry more now that they saw you like that?” I heard Yuri chuckle.

“Yeah he is an idiot. He scared the crap out of Soo and I. Noona too,” Yuri used his thumb to point behind him.

“He’s alright now though, so don’t worry Tiffany,” their manager encouraged.

That was easy for him to say, all I could do was worry.

“We’re taking him to the hospital after the fan meet so he should be as good as new before we fly back.” I nodded. That was good news at least. “Speaking of, I’ve got to go call the coordinator for that. I’ll be right back. Yongduk-ah.” With one more nod the two of them left the room, but I couldn’t stop thinking.

“Wh-what was his reaction like,” I asked hesitantly. After what Yuri said I was kind of curious. Yuri however looked a bit uncertain. “Don’t lie either. Tell me straight up.”

“Yeah Kwon Seobang~,” Jess held out before ruffling his hair. “Don’t lie.” He sighed.

“Well, it wasn’t pretty.” Oh god.

I don’t know if it was how he said it, or the tone in which he did, but I didn’t like it at all.

“H-how so?”

“Well, for starters he had trouble breathing.”

Starters? That seemed like a pretty freaking big one to me!

Oh god, if he started with that did I even want to know the rest?

Yuri then went on to say that Taeyeon threw up multiple times, had a headache, was dizzy, and had been coughing on and off ever since.

I looked down at my peacefully sleeping boyfriend and felt so bad, I really thought I was going to cry.

“I’m sorry no one told you either Tiff. I was going to tell Sica and hope she would accidently tell you,” he grinned. “But Taeyeon insisted that we didn’t tell anyone. He didn’t want you to worry.” I nodded and caressed Taeyeon’s precious, sleeping face some more.

After thinking about it for a while though I figured I would probably have done the same thing. I wouldn’t want to distract him from his work anymore than I had to; especially if it were such a  big deal like today was.

Oh god, speaking of work…

“How long until he’s back to normal? Is he going to be okay at your fan meeting?”

“If he could get through that, he can get through the fan meet Tiffany. By then his symptoms will be even less then they are now,” my manager said from across the room. I nodded, that made sense. “And like Hanyoung said, they’re taking him to the hospital after that so he should be fine before we go back.”

“He’s already ten times better than he was,” their stylist spoke up. I let out a breath of relief. “He still might retain some minor symptoms for a while though. Like a headache, itchy throat… That’s what happens when I eat bananas at least.”

“But-“

“Tiffany, he’s fine,” my manager assured. I heard a hum come from my lap.

“I’m A-Okay Fany-ah~.” I looked down to see a grinning Taeyeon looking right back at me. I smiled. He was making an okay sign with his hand and looking through it like a monocle.

Ugh, how could he make me so much happier with just a glance? I put my hand on his and intertwined our fingers.

“And you~ should be resting,” I grinned. “You still have what, like fifteen minutes before you have to leave?” He shook his head.

“Uhng-uhh~,” he held out like a child. “I need to be awake so I can stare at your beautiful face!” I laughed.

What in the world…

“You can stare at my face the whole flight back Kim Taeyeon, you should sleep for fifteen more minutes.”

“Nope! I need to sit uhh-whoa~,” he said as he made it in to a sitting position. He blinked a few times before smiling again. “Don’t worry, I just sat up too quickly.” Oh my god.

“Well you need to be careful babe, you’re still recovering.”

Just then Sooyoung, Sunny, Seohyun and another TYS manager entered the room.

 “Oh Taengo! You’re up!” Taeyeon leaned on my shoulder again. “Kinda,” Sooyoung added with a laugh. “Are you feeling better buddy?” I heard a hum.

“I’m just a little,” he paused and yawned. “Just a little tired… Fany-ah, you smell really good.” I rubbed his head. I guess he was also a little out of it.

“Thank you Tae… Was there anything fun to see out there?” Sooyoung scoffed.

“We didn’t run in to any celebrities if that’s what you’re asking,” he groaned. I laughed.

“It wasn’t… but what did you expect? Beyoncé just happened to be hanging out next door?”

“A guy could hope!” I laughed again. He was so ridiculous.

“No there was just a little café place on the first floor unnie,” Seohyun responded. “Other than that it’s just your typical broadcasting station.”

“Ah~, Taeyeon-ah wanna go get some coffee?” No response. “Tae?”

“Sorry noona, it looks like he’s asleep again.” I sighed. As long as they were sure this was a side effect from his medication, I was okay with it though.

I’d rather him be sleepy and getting better than awake and in pain any day.

“Want me to go get you a drink,” Jiho oppa asked. I shook my head.

“No, all this sitting around and yawning is making me tired though,” I laughed. “I need to walk around for a little bit. Can one of you watch him?”

“Don’t worry  noona, we have him under control~!” I smiled, but when I tried to get up I was pulled right back down. Seriously, my lifted an inch off the sofa at the most.

“Don’t go.” I couldn’t help but smile.

“Tae~, I need to walk around for a minute or two. I’m getting sleepy.” He grunted.

“Just stay here with me~,” his adorable voice filled with aegyo whined. “Please~?”

Oh god, who could say no to that?

“Fine~, come here.” I let him cuddle in to me a little bit better and he was back to sleep in no time. I just continued to rub his back. I don’t know why, but he said he really liked when I did that too.

Taeyeon really was like a cute little puppy, especially today. He wanted someone to stay and pet him all day… Aigo~!

He was the cutest puppy in the world.

Oppa however had to go and ruin it five or so minutes later when he said that they had to leave.

“I’m not going,” Taeyeon announced angrily. I laughed.

That one got me.

“You have to,” I said as I stood up, somehow escaping his grasp. “Your fans are waiting on you.”

“But I’m tired and sleepy and-“

“Those are the same thing pabo,” I laughed. Gah he really was still out of i-

“Yah,” Taeyeon yelled probably as loud as he could.

Oh my god… what the? I was a bit taken back but then I noticed that he was staring right at me too.

Uhm…

“What? Me?” His nostrils flared.

“How can you be like this?”

Be like what? I was so confused. I had no idea what I did or I guess what I was doing, but I felt like I needed to apologize any way.

“Ah, uh I’m sorry Taeyeon,” I said back quickly. I don’t really know why I was getting scolded, or why I was apologizing, but since he was sick and I felt bad, I figured I needed to.

I didn’t want things to get too crazy.

He scoffed.

“Yah, at least pretend to be sincere,” he said furiously.

Too late!

“Whatever. If we have to go let’s go then!”

Taeyeon gave me one last angry look before storming straight out the door.

“What the hell?”

___________________________________________________

 

After Sooyoung and everyone else blamed Taeyeon’s actions on him being sick, I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

Even throughout our interview and our fan meet I couldn’t get the image of him yelling at me like that out of my head.

It was scary! I don’t think he’s ever yelled that loudly period, let alone at me…

Thankfully since this fan meet was a little impromptu and the translator wasn’t quite able to catch up to the speed that Sunny and Seohyun were speaking Korean in, I had to play the translator role… as well as a second MC because this crowd was not really respecting the actual MC as well as they should have been either.

On top of all that, Jessica and I were also the main speakers for our group today since we’re the fluent English speakers.

So while I was thankful that the past two schedules kept my mind off of Taeyeon for four hours or so, I was still very concerned. Was he actually mad at me for some stupid reason or was it just because he didn’t feel good?

Omo, this wasn’t going to affect our wedding was it? One little argument, if you could even call it that, wouldn’t throw something off, right?

No of course not! We just needed to talk this out. I’m sure whatever I potentially did can be resolved easily… Exactly.

There was nothing to worry about… Besides our wedding that was happening in less than three days oh my go-

“Quit worrying Miyoung,” Sunny teased in the SUV. “I’ve only seen Taeyeon get mad like that twice in the two years I’ve known him… Both times he was mad at you but-“

“Not helping Sunkyu,” Jessica said sternly.

Oh my god, she was right though. The only times he has ever gotten really mad were all because of me!

First there was the… uhm, baby issue, and then when I said we should take a second to think about getting married.

Holy .

I really was the problem.

Taeyeon has showed me nothing but true love and support in no matter what I did and… did I really even deserve someone this great?

“I know, but-“

“Yah~, just shut up. He’s not mad at her or anyone. I don’t think Taeyeon even knows how to get mad at Tiffany,” Jessica cut in. “He’s sick. I’ve never even been close to as sick as he was today and you all still think I get moody when I do get sick.”

That was true. We have even told her that she should stay at her parent’s house when she gets sick. Her mood swings were no joke.

“Unnie is right,” Seohyun chimed in. “Oppa seemed really not like himself today; I wouldn’t hold merit to anything he does actually.”

That was true too, he’s been off from the start.

Seriously, all this because of one stupid cupcake?

“Plus Seobang has been keeping me posted on your little fire cracker all evening.” Oh my god.

“What? Seriously?” She hummed. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I needed to make sure I didn’t need to kick his first.” Oh god. I groaned “What? He can’t just yell at you and leave like that Tiff. Ugh, if Yul ever did that…,” she trailed off.

“So what is he saying? They’ve left the hospital right?”

We were on our way to the airport right now for our flight that left in an hour or so, so they better be on their way.

Gah, the day surprisingly, and thankfully, flew by.

“Of course. They’re on their way too,” she said shortly.

“Well? What did he say? How is he?”

“Ah, Yuri said that he’s been asleep since the fan meet ended and that the doctor said he was perfectly fine… minus the whole allergic reaction thing. Once he sleeps off the medication he’ll be like brand new.” Uh… “Don’t look at me like that, that’s exactly how he worded it.” I laughed.

That did sound like something he would say. Ugh, I was just glad he had people there to take care of him other than his managers.

Now I was just worried what it would be like when we saw each other again…

I was crossing my fingers for ‘not mad’.

__________________________________________________

 

Thirty or so minutes later I was waiting on Jess to give me the latest update on our boys’ whereabouts, but I didn’t need to.

As I looked to the seat behind me to ask her again, I saw an exhausted Yuri walking through the entrance way. He gave me a brief smile before pointing behind him.

Oh gosh here it goes.

Yuri sat down beside Jess and there he was… being guided by Sooyoung. He had his eyes closed and if I didn’t know any better I would have for sure thought he was sleep walking. He looked so out of it. I laughed.

Soo had his hands on Taeyeon’s shoulders and he was pretty much pushing him in the direction he needed to go. He kept moving Taeyeon forward and then stopped beside my row.

“Okay buddy, here she is.” She? Was he talking about me? “He’s been asking where you were since we got here,” Sooyoung laughed. He must have seen my confused expression.

I repositioned myself in the seat and almost as soon as I stopped moving I felt Taeyeon’s head on my shoulder. Uhm… What?

“I missed you Pany-ah~,” he said groggily. I looked at Soo and he just shrugged.

“Don’t ask me noona. He’s your problem now,” Soo said as he raised his hands in defeat. I watched him take a seat in the row across the aisle from Sunny and I sighed.

One minute he’s yelling and the next he wants to cuddle?

Kim Taeyeon something is seriously wrong with you today.

 

__________________________________________________

I felt a sudden hit to my shoulder and I felt myself jerk awake, almost like one of those dreams where you’re falling and-

“Sorry,” I heard someone behind me say as I blinked a few times. I nodded.

I had no idea where I was at first, but as soon as the familiar sights and smells overloaded my senses, I knew I was on an airplane.

I yawned along with the mini stretch I needed to do as tiny visions and blurs from last night filled my head. Wait, or was it earlier? I have no idea.

I recalled going through security in the airport because some man got extra handsy with me, but everything else was kind of a blur…

Ugh, whatever. At least I feel better now.

I can breathe and think clearly now that that stupid headache is gone. I was still a little tired, but when wasn’t I? I’m an idol.

Tired is like a personality trait these days.

After today though, I, Kim Taeyeon, vow to never eat another cupcake in my whole life.

Okay… that’s a lie. Cupcakes are too yummy to give up for good.

I will however have to make sure everything I eat from now on is eight thousand percent nut free. Ugh, that was the worst experience I’ve ever been through in my life. I really felt like I was going to die at least seven times…

Ugh!

Now that I’m thinking about it though, what time was it? I didn’t have my watch on and I couldn’t even begin to guess where my phone is. I looked to my left and saw my sleeping manager.

Great, I can’t ask him.

I could see a sleeping Sooyoung just in front of him too.

Even better.

I looked to my right and- oh? There was no one.

Whoever I was sitting by was gone. It didn’t take more than one glance to figure out just who that ‘whoever’ was though.

A pink bag, pink iPod, and a pink scarf? Hmmm, I wonder who that could be, I joked in my head.

Aigo~ she was so cute with her pink obsession… but wait.

Where was she?

I turned quickly back toward the aisle to look for her and- omo!

I looked up at the person I almost ran into with my head and was happily met with Tiffany’s beautiful face.

“You’re awake,” she said in a surprised tone. I smiled.

“I was just about to go look for you… Oh, here, come sit,” I said as I moved my legs a little to make it easier for her to get past me.

“Thank you~,” she held out. I grinned again while looking at her.

Gah~ even with no makeup on she was the prettiest girl in the world.

“Are… are you feeling better?” I nodded.

“I feel nothing… in a good way,” I laughed. “I don’t feel sick at all.” Her hand quickly reached for my forehead.

“Hmm, you don’t feel too warm either,” she said after a few seconds. “That’s good.” I hummed.

“Thank you… and I’m sorry.” Her brows rose at the last one.

“For what,” she asked shortly.

Aigo~ my Fany-ah must be tired. I better hurry up so she can rest, I mean I just slept practically all day, it was her turn to get a good nap in… minus the being sick while doing so part of course.

“Well I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, or let anyone else tell you. I know you must have worried a lot and I’m sorry. If the situation was reversed I wouldn’t even know what I’d do.” I saw the corners of turn up and cheered. That got her to finally smile!

Wooo! I grabbed her hand in mine before continuing.

“And thank you for being there today Fany-ah. I remember cuddling on the sofa with you after our interview at MTV but after that everything starts getting a bit fuzzy,” I admitted. “You probably took good care of me though, right baby?” I looked up to see her staring straight back at me.

“So wait… you don’t remember anything that happened after we cuddled on the couch?” I shook my head.

“It’s not that I don’t remember, it’s just that I don’t know what actually happened,” I tried to explain. I could see by her confused expression that it didn’t work. “Like I remember the fan meeting kinda and then I remember crying midway through the MTV interview but I don’t think that that actually happened.” Oh god wait… “It didn’t, right?”

“Not that I remember,” she smiled. I took a deep breath.

Whew~, that’s a relief. That might have been twice as embarrassing as being sick.

“It’s just things like that though Fany… I don’t know.” She hummed.

“So… you don’t remember getting mad at me?” I froze.

Getting mad at her? Why would I get mad at her?

“I got mad at you?” She hummed. “Seriously?” She hummed again. “Why?”

“I don’t know Tae,” said like she was almost worried. “One minute we were on the sofa cuddling and then you were yelling and walking away…”

What the?

I tried to rack my brain of any situation like that happening, but I couldn’t think of one in the-

“Oh my god.” The scene replayed in my head and I couldn’t believe it. “That was… that was real?” She nodded.

Oh no.

The whole situation just seemed so stupid in my head that I figured it HAD to be a dream. I didn’t even give it a second thought!

Oh god, but it wasn’t a dream. You yelled at Tiffany for no reason! How stupid are you Taeyeon?!

“I’m-I’m sorry Fany-ah, I really didn’t mean anything I said,” I said at once. Hell I don’t even know if I remember everything I said to begin with!

I pulled her into the biggest hug I could while we were in these airplane seats and kissed the side of her head.

“I’m so sorry  Tiffany.”

Ugh. I still can’t believe I actually raised my voice to my queen.

“So… so you’re not mad at me?

Huh?!

I leaned back a bit and her eyes were wide.

Hold on, did she really think I was mad?

“Baby, I can never be mad at you,” I said while cupping her cheek. “Even when I’ve tried to get mad at you I give in after like an hour,“ I laughed. “I love you so much that I think it’s impossible to get mad.” I felt her smile grow beneath my hand. “It’s not fair you know?” She looked up and our eyes met.

“What isn’t?” I grinned.

“You can get mad at me all you want but I can’t get mad at you... It’s totally unfair.” She giggled.

Oh her adorable husky giggle~!

I brought our lips together again and her smile was out of this world.

“I don’t even know why I yelled in the first place Tiffany,” I spoke softly. “So if I can’t even remember, I’m sure it was just because of everything that was going on today. I’m really sorry.”

“Don’t apologize babe, I know you couldn’t help it and plus you were on multiple medications and you were very sick and tired Taetae, anyone would have been on a short fuse in that situation... I was just worried, and our wed-i-MMM!” I cut her off with my lips again.

Gah~ I would never get tired of doing that.

No Taengo. Focus.

Right!

“Don’t be worried about any of that. Our wedding will be amazing and all of our friends will be there and our family… We’ll get to eat cake~, and most importantly,” I paused. “I’ll get to marry the prettiest girl in the whole~ world!” She giggled again as her smile killed me. “I don’t even remember why I yelled, so don’t even stre-“

“It was because I called you a pabo,” she said flatly.

Wait…

“Really?” She hummed. “Well maybe you shouldn’t call me that anymore then huh,” I teased. She scoffed.

“Well maybe you should quit being such a pabo then, Kim Taeyeon! You yelled at me!”

Her wide eyes only made me grin more

“I know, I know~. I’m the biggest pabo in the world.” She giggled.

“You’re my pabo though so I guess it’s okay.” Her eyes mile gave me butterflies, but I couldn’t get the thought of me yelling at her out of my head. Who was I?

Even if I was the sickest person in the world I should have never yelled at her like that… She was my queen and she deserved to be treated like one.

I leaned in toward her and brought my lips to hers.

“MMM,” I voiced the kiss. “I love you Tiffany.”

“I love you too Taetae.”

“I’ll never yell at you again,” I said firmly. “I promise.”

“Yah~, don’t say that. Who knows? Next week I might do something to make you mad again,” she grinned.

“I doubt it.” I saw that she was about to say something more so I had to stop her. “But if I do,” I started. closed into a grin. “You have to yell back at me, okay?” She nodded.

“Don’t worry babe, you just caught me off guard today,” she smiled. “Now sit still so I can use you as a pillow. I’m tired and we’re only like half way.”

“Yes ma’am.”

_____________________________________________

The amount of relief I was feeling from Taeyeon not only feeling better, but also not having an actual reason to yell at me was incredible. That put together with how cute he was being right now…UGH.

I was about to explode!

While Taeyeon got himself situated so that I could use him as a human pillow I couldn’t help but think about how ridiculous I was being for even thinking Taeyeon was mad at me.

If Tae really had a problem he would sit me down and talk to me about it, not just scream about it one day out of the blue… in front of everyone that was close to us…

What was I thinking?

“All~ ready!” I smiled and watched him pat his shoulder. I started to lean over, but that was when I noticed it.

“Uh babe?” He hummed. “What is that?!”

“What’s what? Oh! My new peas,” he said excitedly. “A fan gave them to me today, aren’t they cute?” I nodded.

“Adorable.” They were pretty cute too. They were probably at least half the size of his other pod, so this one was more accessible… and less noticeable.

Thank god.

“Well put them back so I can nap boo.” He hummed.

“Wait!” I froze instantly at his loud tone, but then instinctively smacked his arm. It’s not like there weren’t at least a hundred people on the plane with us, more than likely all asleep.

“Shhh. What Taeyeon,” I whispered.

“Sorry~! I just remembered that I want you to read two letters to me though.”

“Letters?” He hummed. “Right now? He hummed again.

“I got them with the fans’ gifts before and I don’t want to forget.” Ahh~. “And they’re in English, so I wanted to wait and have you read them to me.” His smile was adorable, but I knew for a fact he could read English just fine. I witnessed it just yesterday.

”Why couldn’t you read them to yourself?” He grinned.

“Because I like your English better~!” I laughed. I figured that was the answer… “I’m serious Fany-ah. When you speak English it sounds so… so y.”

“Kim Taeyeon,” I whispered loudly. He laughed.

“What~? It does!” I shook my head. “Seriously! Omo, last night when you rapped in English during ‘Genie’ and then did your whole song in English later on… Ugh, I died.” I hit him again. ”Seriously, I screamed backstage during ‘Genie’ babe. You were so -MMFP!”

I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him closer, pushing our lips together in hopes to silence his ridiculous jabbering. He laughed into the kiss and I knew he was enjoying this way too much.

When I pulled away and saw his mini eye smile I just had to kiss him again… and again, and-

“Fany?” I hummed. “As much as I love kissing you, you need to rest… and read my letters,” he added in quickly.

“Fine,” I said before bringing our lips together once more. “Where are they?” His eyes shot open.

“Good question. Let me look… Uh, did I bring a back pack in?” Oh my…

“You don’t even remember coming in here?” He shook his head.

“Aigo~, my poor little puppy,” I laughed before ruffling his hair. He cutely scrunched up his nose at me. “You have a bag in the overhead… that I had to put there because you fell asleep instantly I might add.” He grinned.

“Sowwie~”

Taeyeon stood up and got the bag out in no time.

“Hmm, how did that get in here,” he mumbled to himself. He dug around a bit more and- “Oh! I found my phone!” Uh…

“Okay,” I asked with a laugh. Why did he need to announce that? “Hurry and find them babe, I’m sleepy… I woke up to go to the bathroom and here I am thirty min-“

“Assa~! Found them.”

While he put his bag away, I opened the first one. From quickly skimming over it, I could tell it was from the fan that gave him the peas.

“Ready?” Huh?

“Oh, yep. This is from the pea pod fan.” He nodded. “Dear Taeyeon oppa~,” I held out in a high pitched voice.

“Yah~, don’t make fun of my fans!” I laughed.

“Okay, okay, sorry~!” I cleared my throat. “’Dear Taeyeon Oppa, when I heard TYS was coming to the US I got so excited that I almost cried. When I heard they were coming to my city I thought I was going to die.’” I had to pause. “Aw Tae this is really cute.” He grinned.

“What can I say~, my fans are the best. Keep going, keep going!” I grinned and read on.

The rest of the letter was equally as cute as the first few lines in saying things like ‘TYS was her favorite’ or ‘TYS was the reason she wanted to learn Korean’ and my favorite, ‘Taeyeon oppa is the most handsome of all’.

Yes, yes he is, I had to agree.

She then talked about how she wanted Taeyeon to have the tiny pea pod so it would be easier to take places with him instead of having to carry the large one around and since it seemed pretty important to him. I smiled again.

His fans were so thoughtful, and cute as can be. That fan’s letter in general was adorable.

“You better keep that one.” He nodded.

“I planned on it. My first American fan letter~… Now read the next one… please,” he smiled.

“Okay, but after this I’m sleeping. Got it?” He hummed. “Okay good.”

I opened the next letter and already had a good feeling about it. I mean the paper was pink, come on!

“That’s from the cupcake girl. Omo, did I tell you she had a shirt with your face on it?” What?!

“Jinjja? My face? Just me?” He nodded. Holy… I’ve seen them with all of us on there but I really don’t think I’ve ever seen one with just my face.

“Yeah, I really wanted to ask her where she got it,” he laughed. “I need one for every day of the week.”

“Yah~! You better not,” I teasingly warned. He was so ridiculous, but at the same time I was kind of worried that he really might go home and order one online from god knows where.

I started to read ahead a bit while he rambled on, but everything stopped.

I could feel my breathing pick up and I couldn’t focus on more than a few words at a time.

‘You don’t deserve her.’

No.

‘How could you take my unnie away?”

No… this wasn’t happening.

‘I hope the cupcakes were to die for.’

I felt the letter drop out of my hands…

This wasn’t real.

____________________________________________

 

Part 2 finally!

Sorry I couldn't post yesterday! >_<
Please forgive me!
I'll also be editing this chapter here and there as well since I didn't get to all the way tonight.
I just didn't want to go another day without posting it for all of you! <3
 

I think the wedding chapters will finally start in the next chapter.
I'm going to go ahead and say that the wedding will probably be at least two chapters, maybe more.
I'm not sure yet!
If you have any ideas/suggestions/wishes for the wedding chapters I will gladly take them in to consideration.
I don't want to disappoint any of my readers for the finale!

Also this link will take you to where the sequel of this story will be located^^