Opportunities

Into the New World

 

 

“Taengo, get up. One more time,” Yuri called after me.

It was one day until our first live performance and I couldn’t be happier, or more nervous... I got up from the floor in our practice room and walked to the two that were already in position.

“Alright, this time with vocals. We’re going to get it perfect right here.”

I saw Soo go to the stereo “Ready? One two three,” he counted down and quickly hit play. After he scurried back in position, the music began.

We diligently practiced our performance with almost no mistakes. I think I missed one step, but that was literately it.

“We’ll totally be able to do this!” I heard Yul say excitedly. I agreed.

I was actually pretty proud that I didn’t mess up more!

I looked at the clock out of curiosity. Oh my god it was already past 10.

“Omo. Guys, lets wrap it up. It’s already late.”

“Taeng! We haven’t even eaten yet. Can we go out and get food?”

He was right we hadn’t eaten almost all day and I knew we had no food at the dorm, the grocery ahjumma was supposed to come tomorrow. Sergeant Yul wouldn’t let us leave either until we, or I should say I, got the dance perfect. Sooyoung was definitely quicker on mastering the steps than I.

“Yeah let’s go, I’m hungry too.” I started walking to the door but I noticed Yuri hadn’t moved at all. Aish…“Yul, come on. You can practice all day tomorrow,” I said with a hint of frustration.

“Okay, okay,” he said as he trailed me out the door.

We made it to the lobby when I suddenly ran in to someone coming around the corner.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry!” I quickly reached down to help the person up. I saw her face and my jaw dropped. “Omo, Sunny-ssi. I am so sorry.”

Good job idiot! You knocked over SNSD’s Sunny!

“No, no don’t be, it was my fault, and please talk comfortably with me,” she said as she smiled up at all three of us. “Where are you boys headed?”

“To get food,” Sooyoung bluntly answered.

She nodded before looking around us confused. “With no security? Not even your manager?” She tilted her head to the side waiting for an answer. Oh god, her aegyo was no joke. I don’t think she was ever trying either.

It was my turn to be confused now though. Why would we need security? It’s been three weeks since our debut.

“What do you mean? We won’t need it,” I started to laugh a little. “And our manager hyung is in a meeting or something.” She got wide eyed as she looked to all of our faces.

“You mean no one’s told you yet?”

“Told us what?” Yuri was the one asking now.

She laughed once and finally said “You’re number three on the charts.”

No freaking way…

I felt like I got the wind knocked out of me. She has got to be kidding right? The last time I saw it we were barely in the top 20, number 19 to be exact.

“Y-you’re joking.”

“No I’m not. Hold on,” she said while pulling out her smart phone. A few minutes later she showed us a page that held the charts.

Number 1 was of course SNSD with their latest hit.  I then looked at number 3, and holy crap…there we were.

‘TYS.’ It read. Oh my god, this was crazy. We beat out SHINee and 2ne1! I was speechless.

I looked to the other two and immediately pulled them in to a hug. I know it might just be that were third place on a chart that changes all the time, but it was huge to us. It felt like something was totally going right. It felt fantastic.

“So, yeah. You might need security,” Sunny said to us as I pulled out of the hug.

I still didn’t think we would need any. I mean the public has only seen us a few times. It’s not like our MV has millions and millions of views or anything. I’m sure we don’t even have many fans yet if any. So I honestly didn’t really see the point of it.

“I still think we’ll be fine,” I said to her with a smile. “Thank y-“

“Why don’t you guys come with me? I’m meeting a few people to get food anyway, with security.”

I looked to the boys behind me and they were both as star struck as I was. I saw Yuri give a slight nod.

What the hell, I thought. What other chance would we get to go share a meal with SNSD’s Sunny and her friends?

“Okay, let’s go.”

She shot us an eye smile and walked toward the door. We were quickly led in to a black van. Omo. Not just any van though, this is SNSD’s van. I am sitting in the same car that drives Tiffany everywhere.

“Hyung, are you alright?” I looked back to Sooyoung who was staring at me. I was a little confused why he called me ‘hyung’ since he almost never has, but I chalked it up to such a huge sunbae being within ear shot.

“Ne, I’m gr-“

“Wait a minute, you’re older than him? How old are you?”

“We’re 21, and he is 20,” I said while pointing to Sooyoung.

“Oh wow, sorry. Were the same age,” she smiled.

A few minutes later we arrived at a swanky looking sushi restaurant where we followed her into the VIP section.

“Bunny, we’ve been wai…Who are they?” asked a familiar looking guy. I couldn’t quite place him though.

Oh crap, where have I seen him before?

Then two girls in front of him quickly turned to look at us and- Oh my god.

I audibly gulped. Tiffany Hwang. She was here, oh god I think already I’m sweating.

“Guys this is my uh, friend,” she smiled. “Park Hyomin.”

“Ne, I’m Park Hyomin of H2YO, nice to meet you.”

Omo! Duh!

“That’s where I’ve seen you before,” I said with relief. Man that was really going to bug me…

I looked up to see multiple eyes looking back at me so I felt like I had to explain myself a little.

“Right… Kim Hyoyeon is my cousin.”

“He is?!” I heard everyone ask, besides the two that already knew of course.

“Yeah, I haven’t talked to him in years though. How is he? I mean besides the obvious,” I added.

I already knew that he was very successful. He was one of, if not the best dancer in Korea. His hip hop group, H2YO, was very big.

“He’s doing fine, I’ll let him know you asked about him. Wait, here just give me your number. I’ll have him give you a call.”

“Oh wow that’d be great!” I then recited my number to him.

“What should I put this under?”

“Right, I am Kim Taeyeon, leader of TYS. It’s nice to meet you.”

The others were introduced and we all had a seat.

“You guys again,” Tiffany said as she smirked at us.

“Where’s Jessica-ssi?” Sooyoung asked quickly, getting everyone to look at him. “Well uh, you three are here. I just thought…”

“She didn’t feel well, so she stayed home,” Seohyun calmly answered.

The waiter came after not too long and took everyone’s order. After he had gone though it got silent… and very awkward.

“Ahh I almost forgot about the ‘Hello Baby’ again on Monday! Aren’t you guys so excited?”

I heard Seohyun happily respond while Tiffany groaned. I laughed a little, but then she shot her eyes to me in a deadly glare.

“What?” Oh god.

“N-nothing. You don’t like babies?”

She looked like she was trying to come up with what to say when someone spoke up for her.

“Tiffany unnie has got worst mom almost every week,” Seohyun said as she began to laugh.

Sunny also chimed in, “She talked to the baby formally for the longest time.”

We all started laughing with that. Aigo~! How could she be so cute?

“You should invite us on, were the best with babies,” Sooyoung bragged.

“Ahh, jinjja?”

He nodded confidently toward Tiffany. I wasn’t going to disagree with him. I had a younger sister that I used to help take care of. Soo in general loved playing with little kids. I’m not sure how Yul would do but definitely not poorly.

“We’ll have to see if the PD will let us have guest dads again,” Sunny said. “I’ll totally ask if you guys are serious.”

“Yeah that would be awesome,” Yuri said. I couldn’t even speak. If we got to film another show with Tiffa- ER, uh… I mean SNSD!

Yes, right… If I got to film another program with all four of my SNSD sunbaes, I would die of happiness.

We talked about random things for the next hour or so as we all ate. It didn’t feel like an hour at all, but that might’ve just been because I was staring at Tiffany all night.

When everything was said and done, we started to head out of the restaurant and then it hit me.  Because the other SNSD members were here, there wouldn’t be enough room for all of us in one van…

“Sunny-ssi,” I said only earning a disapproving look. “I mean Sunny. We’ll wait here while we call our manager to come pick us up.”

“Nonsense. We can give you all a ride to your dorm. Hop in,” Sunny told us as she went straight to the van. I saw a good amount of paparazzi and fans alike waiting outside for SNSD.  Once she was visible to them I saw an array of flashes go off.

I quickly went to the van. Not many went off when my members and I came out, that was until Seohyun and Tiffany came whizzing past us, and straight in to the back of the van.

We picked up the pace and I was the first to get in, beside Tiffany.

Oh no.

I was literately about to hyperventilate. She was even more beautiful in person and especially this close. Our legs were touching because of the proximity of the arrangement we were in. I would never wash these pants ever again.

Oh my… and she smelled so good I could cry…

In what felt like hours, which was only about fifteen minutes, we were at our dorm. We thanked them for the ride and headed inside our building.

“That was seriously amazing.”

“I know,” I said in agreement.

I went straight to our room and laid my head down in hopes that I could get some well needed rest, but not too long after I was being rudely awakened by Yuri.

UGH!

“Yah, do you want to die?”

“Taengo, let’s go. We let you sleep in. We have to be at the studio in an hour.”

“What?!” I sat straight up and yelled. That meant I had less than thirty minutes to get ready and eat.

I quickly went and showered. Stepping out into our room I found some comfortable clothes. Once we got there we would just rehearse our performance and then go directly into our stage outfits I figured. I didn’t really think it was necessary to dress up. I threw on a pair of jeans and a plain shirt.

I stepped out from our room into our kitchen/living room area and Sooyoung already had food ready for me. “Here,” he said while handing me a plate. “We’ve only got five minutes so hurry.”

My eyes widened as I hurriedly took the plate and shoved its contents into my mouth.  Minutes later I took a hard swallow and spoke.

“Let’s go.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thank you to everyone who subscribed to this story! It really means a lot! ^^