Official

Into the New World

 

 

 

When I finally talked myself out of bed and looked at the clock, I realized that my members must have let me sleep in today. Actually I’m not even sure what’s considered ‘sleeping in’ anymore, but its later than usual and I was okay with that. I’d need all the energy I could get for today.

I guess it didn’t really matter what time I got ready anyway. I knew I couldn’t see my Taeyeon until the ceremony later today so I was in no hurry. It’s not like I could speed up time or anything.

Wah! I just couldn’t wait.

I don’t know if it was because of the dinner with our families last night, or just that everything was finally sinking in, but I was ridiculously happy, and excited, and anxious and- UGH!

I’m getting married.

I am getting married!

I know Taeyeon and I have been dating for- oh my god,  two years exactly, but something felt different. I felt more confident, and relaxed, and just downright giddy!

I felt complete. Like everything was finally like it’s supposed to be.

I knew that I sounded totally cliché right now, but I couldn’t help it. I was whole when I was with him.

Another plus was that I knew at any point from here on out I could see Taeyeon whenever I wanted and no one could stop me because of our contracts or ‘how it might look to the fans’ or any other stupid reason they came up with.

Ugh, seriously. If everyone’s significant other were as smoking hot as mine is I’m sure the world would feel my pain. Not being able to see your babe of a boyfriend when you were feeling down or home from a long trip is just cruel!

I was so excited to finally get past all that.

I felt exhilarated actually.

Not because I’d just get to see him more often, which I totally would. We made a promise.

I knew we were both very busy with schedules, but Taeyeon and I promised each other that we would try to spend most of our nights, even when we were packed with schedules, in our house. That way if we couldn’t see each other during the day, we’d at least get to spend the night together and even wake up together quite often.

Ugh, I couldn’t wait.

I couldn’t wait to just be with him. To spend more than a few hours with him a week. To take care of him when he’s sick, or just in general really. I wanted to help him pick cute outfits in the morning before he went out on TV. I wanted him to do the same things for me… er… well maybe not the choosing of my outfit because let’s be real, I’m clearly the fashionable one in our family. He-

Oh my god.

Family.

That’s exactly what we are now too. Well, what we will be in a few hours that is.

Taeyeon is my family.

Of course I have my dad and siblings, but now I have my own… we have our own.

I’m going to have a husband!

I squealed with excitement. This was all too much right now, but I couldn’t stop thinking about our future.

I couldn’t wait to go on vacations with him or even go to events together.

Ugh, that would be so amazing.

Having my number one fan and my own personal cheerleader all wrapped in to one y package on my arm all night at some boring event would be incredible.

Seriously, I might have to talk to my manager about scheduling events for us to go to as a couple.

Many, many events.

I felt a sudden pain and rumble in my stomach and laughed. All this excitement must have made me even hungrier than before.

I put my fluffy pink slippers on and headed out of my empty room.  Because I was hungry, I decided I should eat something first and then I would start getting ready to head out. I planned on doing it the other way around, but my stomach spoke for itself… and I guess I wasn’t too thrilled about the first round of hair and makeup that was coming my way either.

 I said first round because that’s exactly what it was going to be.

Lee Sooman and the rest of the higher ups in SM have told us multiple times that we were going to have a press conference a few hours before the ceremony actually begins… and I’m obviously not wearing my wedding dress out there.

After the press conference ends I’ll have to go back in and then get ready again for photos and then one more time for ceremony of course.

It sounded exhausting, but I’ve been through worse… and the reward at the end of today would be more amazing that anything I’ve ever received before.

I’m not even really sure what the press conference was for or why it matters if we had one or not now that I think about it, but since this was pretty much the only thing SM asked us to do for the whole wedding, Taeyeon and I were fine with it.

I did make one request though. I told them that we would have to have separate  press conferences because I was not ruining the whole ‘not seeing each other before the wedding’ superstition just for this. I knew that it was just a superstition and would have no actual effect on our marriage, but it still felt like I needed to follow it… and it would only increase my chances of getting Taeyeon to cry when he finally did see me.

Ugh, I’m seriously a terrible fiancé.

I’m sure SM wasn’t complaining about it ether though because it only meant that they would get twice the press coverage with their artists, especially since they were even happier to sell us as a unit.

Ugh, stupid SM.

No Tiffany.

No negative thoughts today.

At all.

This is your we-

Dun-dun-da-dun,” someone hummed, like the wedding march tune. “Du-“

“Yah~,” I interrupted before she could start again. I looked to see Sunny grinning back at me and felt another round of bubbles spread within me. “Cut it out.” She laughed.

“What? Can’t I be excited that my favorite American is getting married?”

“I heard that,” Jessica called from the kitchen. I laughed.

“You’ll be my favorite on your wedding day Sooyeon-ah don’t worry~!” I smiled and pulled her in for a quick hug. My friends were the best. I was seriously so happy and even more so lucky that they weren’t against this.

In a way it did effect their lives too, but I’m just so glad they support me every step of the way.

“Thank you Sunkyu~.”

“Don’t thank me yet pabo, you still haven’t even seen our gift.” Omo. They got me something?

“Gift?” She nodded. “Didn’t I tell you guys you didn’t have to get me anything?” She rolled her eyes.

“Oh when do we ever listen to you… It’s from us, Youngie and Yuri.”

She had a point, but wait…

“All of you? When did you-“

“Don’t worry about it Tiff,” Jessica cut off as she walked my way holding a plate. Uh-oh… “And besides, it’s more of a group gift than one single thing.”

“Mhm she’s right. We all had our own parts, and it’s already in your house. We had- Oh don’t worry, Seohyun made it before she left,” Sunny clarified about the questionable food on the plate. I nodded and happily took the plate from Jess while she made an annoyed face at Sunny and tried to hit me.

Aigo~!

“We had Michelle unnie help us a little bit as well.” I nodded again, but all of that just brought up another question in my head.

“Where is Joohyun?” I hadn’t seen her yet and then they just said she left, so it made me a little worried…

“Class.”

Oh my god. I took a deep breath. She was in class?!

This wasn’t happening. This wasn’t-

“Don’t freak out Tiff, jesus. She said she’ll meet us at the hotel before the press con.”

Oh thank god, I thought as I let the breath out I had been holding. I would’ve seriously had to kill her if she missed this. She was one of my bridesmaids!

“Speaking of,” Sunny said loudly. “You should start getting ready for that.” What the…

“Why? It’s still early…” I still had at multiple hours until the press conference was even supposed to start.  

“You still have to get clean, get there, go through hair and makeup and get dressed,” Sunny said in one breath. “And I know for a fact you’re going to have unnie change your hair at least three times so the earlier the better.” I opened my mouth to retaliate, but Jess beat me too it.

“Don’t even say you won’t, we know you,” she grinned. “We won’t judge you though, you can do whatever you want to today. It’s your day Miyoung-ah.”

I took another deep breath and let her words sink in.

It was my day.

 

________________________________________________________________

 

“Holy crap Taengo, if you don’t watch out I’ll fall for you too,” Sooyoung teased. I grinned.

“I haven’t even put on the jacket yet,” I said with a wink. He started fanning himself ridiculously and I just laughed. He was too much.

I had just stepped out from the partition that was set up in the room press conference ready. My outfit consisted of a sharp, tight fitting pair of black dress pants and a white button up that was equally as fitted. I was going to wear a suit jacket over top of it of course, but It was slightly different from the one I would be wearing for the ceremony later. Everything else I had on was the real deal though. Even the bowtie.

I looked to see Sooyoung still pretty much checking me out and sighed.

“Yah, just go check if my parents are here yet, would ya?”

“Yes sir,” Sooyoung saluted. “Seriously though why is Yuri the visual? You are so-“

“Aish, you little-,” Yuri shouted with his fist raised. Soo bolted out the door in laughter and I took a deep breath.

I repeat. He is way too much.

Yuri and I shook our heads but I was still curious to as where my family really went.

I saw them at brunch earlier when my members and I met some of my family at the hotel’s restaurant. After we finished there though, my parents went back to their room to get ready and I went to a separate area where I had to sit through make up and getting my hair fixed exactly how Fany wanted it and-

“You do look pretty good though Taengo. I didn’t know my little cousin could clean up that well,” Hyoyeon grinned. “It must run in the family.” I laughed.

I was glad he was here today too. I asked him to be one of the best men months ago and I was ecstatic when he said he wouldn’t miss it.

My family was amazing. Every single one of them.

They even all came to Seoul for my wedding. Seriously, all of my family is here. Aunts, uncles, grandparents, and even a cousin or two I haven’t met yet! I grinned just thinking about them all.

I’m sure Tiffany will have fun meeting every single one of them too… Ohh~, it’ll be an interesting- Oh?

Omo!

I felt a pat on my back and grinned again.

“Thanks hyung.”

“Don’t worry about it… I’m gonna go see if I can find my parents too alright? I know they’re here somewhere.” I nodded. It felt nice to see them back together as well. According to my mom, Hyoyeon calls his parents all the time now. He’s even visited a few times.

They say it’s because of me, but I think that’s ridiculous. He just needed a little push in the right direction. It wasn’t like he hated them or anything like that to begin with...

“Yeah Taeng, Soo was right though,” Yuri said playfully, pulling me from my thoughts. “Not about you being the visual obviously, look at me.” I scoffed. “Aye, I’m just teasin’ ya! You do know you’re getting married today though, right?” Uhmm…

Huh?

I hesitantly nodded. Of course I did.

“Then you don’t need to go and look better than everyone here if you already got the girl pabo,” he said with a flick to the forehead.  I grinned at his compliment. “Gah, making everyone else look bad…”

I knew he was just teasing, but I had very good reasons to try to look my best though.

One reason being that I simply wanted to look good in the pictures taken by the photographer we hired to capture all the moments. Walking down the aisle, putting the rings on each other, our first kiss as husband and wife… Ugh.

I needed to look great in all of them. Tiffany even said something about having the best picture of our first kiss framed and put in our house… I kinda hoped she was joking. How embarrassing would that be?

Oh well~, the second reason was probably the most important though.

I wanted Tiffany to be extra proud that she was marrying me. When she sees me for the first time I want her to fall in love with me all over again. I mean I know when I see her in her dress I’ll probably cry, but I’ll also feel so happy I might seriously pass out.

Crap, we should probably get an ambulance on standby… Aish! Why didn’t I think of this sooner?

I took the jacket I was wearing for the press conference off the hanger and put it on. As I listened to Yuri and our stylist talk beside me, my mind automatically drifted to the third reason I had to look my best today. It was also the most worrisome.

The fans. Hers, mine… the public in general really.

It was scary.

They already think I’m not good enough for her so looking bad on our wedding day will probably just add to the hate even more!

Ugh, I know it was a stupid thing for me to be worrying about at this moment in time, but I couldn’t help it.

Her fan tried to kill me not even a week ago, and we weren’t even married yet.

If my fans tried to pull the same thing on her one day I wouldn’t be able to- oh my god.

After we get married will it be worse? Will fans show up at our house like they do the dorms?

Oh god. What if someone actually hurts her? What if-

No.

That won’t happen. I wouldn’t let it happen… I couldn’t let it happen.

Hyung already said that the security today was no joke and in the future SM was just going to have to hire more guards or something. If anything ever happened to her I was packing us up and moving to Zimbabwe.

I’m not even a hundred percent sure where that is, but it almost had to be totally crazy-fan free, right?

Ugh. Come on Taeyeon, stop thinking about this.

“Whew,” I sighed aloud. I was right though. I needed to get all these thoughts out of my head and-

“Tada~,” I heard just after the door flew open. “Found them,” Sooyoung boasted. “They were loitering in the ceremony room,” he laughed.

“Oh good grief Sooyoung-ah, we were just looking at how beautiful the decorations turned out on the way here. Tiffany did a wonder-ful… Omo, Taeyeon-ah~,” my mom breathed after practically choking up when we made eye contact.

Her arms wrapped around me in under a second and she wasn’t going to let go anytime soon, I knew it.

I wrapped my arms around her and smiled.

“Umma, I’m glad you guys are finally here.” I rubbed her back to try to comfort her, but the only things she was saying back were along the lines of ‘my baby boy’, ‘so handsome’, and ‘all grown up’.

I wasn’t sure if she was talking to me or herself, but all I could do was hug her tighter. I loved my family so much and I was so happy they approved of the woman I loved.

It wouldn’t have stopped me if they disapproved, but their acceptance meant the world to me. I mean, they already think of her as a daughter and Hayeon loves her too, maybe even more than she loves me!

Ugh, I couldn’t even begin to describe how it felt.

Oh crap, now I’m tearing up too!

They almost started falling when I felt a strong hand on my back and heard my dad say he was proud of me. A lump grew in my throat and I knew it was game over when I could feel the tears building up and up and-

“Wow~, oppa you look just like a model!”

Everyone burst into laughter and I tried my best to sneakily wipe the few tears that slipped out.

“I-I am a model kiddo,” I said as my mom held tightly on to my hand. She shook her head.

Wait, what? I really am tho-

“No~, like a real model… Like Sooyoung oppa and Yuri oppa when they go on the runway.” I sighed.

While I was glad she broke the tearful mood, I was not so happy about the insult.

“Yah~ just because I haven’t walked on the runway doesn’t mean I’m not a model!”

Seriously, they’ve only walked the runway a few times anyway…

“Yeah, your oppa isn’t tall enough to be a runway model,” Sooyoung said teasingly. “He models other things though Hayeon-ah. In magazines and commercials, just not on the runway.”

Ouch, again?

I was glad he added the last bit, but jeesh. He did not need to bring my height into this.

“I can’t believe you guys are being mean to me on my wedding day,” I sighed. They all laughed, even my parents!

After ten or so minutes more filled with my mom criticizing my appearance, my friends picking on me, and my dad laughing at me in general, my manager popped in the room.

“Hello everyone,” he greeted. We all greeted him back before he said the words I feared the most. “Taeyeon it’s time.”

“What? Seriously?” I checked the time on my watch and sure enough, it was.

Oh no…

“Yep, Tiffany’s almost done with her interview so we have to get out there.” I hesitantly nodded, but couldn’t even try to hide the smile that was growing now. Hearing Tiffany’s name must have set something off in my brain because I couldn’t stop. “Aye~, come on Taeng. You have the rest of the day to smile like an idiot.” I chuckled.

“And I will.”

 

_______________________________________________________

 

On the way to where I was supposed to be giving the interview, er press conference… whatever it was, hyung explained to me that he had no idea what they would ask, but none of the questions should be too surprising. SM wasn’t going to let that fly at all. However, he then warned me that I would just have to be careful in case a sneaky reporter slipped in something they weren’t supposed to ask or whatever.

He then made sure to tell me multiple times to not ramble on about things. Apparently he was afraid I would say something that I wasn’t supposed to.

Aish…

“I’m not stupid hyung. I know what not to say.” He laughed.

“I’m not saying you are, just be safe. You might let something slip out and not even realize it… You aren’t in your right mind today Taengo, we just gotta be careful.”

Huh? I wasn’t in my right mind? What the hell did he mean by that?

I didn’t have long to think about it though, for once I got closer to the door I heard Tiffany thanking everyone for coming multiple times over the speakers inside.

Ugh, I know she was literally only saying ‘thank you’ and ‘good work’, but it was music to my ears. I hadn’t got to hear her voice yet today, or even talk to her at all actually. Sooyoung confiscated my phone as soon as I woke up.

Her voice was my favorite sound in the whole entire world though. I listen to it every chance that I get and I will never, ever get tired of it. Seriously, when we travel I’m usually listening to either my group’s music and seeing where we can improve, or to SNSD, and especially the OST tracks Tiffany has recorded.

Ugh, I’m in deep.

I don’t know how long I stood there just replaying her voice in my head, but before I knew it I was being pushed toward the door.

“Omo, what the-“

“You have to go on Taeng, what do you mean ‘what the’,” Hyung asked with a dumfounded expression. Holy…

“Right now?” He nodded and I felt my stomach drop.

Omo.

“Uh yeah… don’t worry, Tiffany is already out of the room. You won’t break your little superstition thing. Let’s go.” I nodded, but that’s not even what I was nervous about.

Wait a minute, why was I even nervous?

Right. Talking about Tiffany was my favorite thing to do anyway.

It was time to do this. I wanted to get this done and over with so that the only things I had left to do were smile for photos and kiss my new bride!

Wah~! You can do this Taeyeon. Go out there and tell the world how much you love your- Oh my god.

Hyung opened the doors and a zillion cameras started flashing.

Okay maybe not a zillion, but definitely at least a hundred.

It blew my mind. Seriously, I understood that Tiffany and I were both idols, but I still think this is way too many people. Holy…

I’m sure there were multiple other things these reporters could be reporting about today, why are they all here?

I was quickly handed a microphone as I stepped up on the platform where I was supposed to stand.

You can do this, I told myself. Tiffany already did it and I’m sure she was amazing.

Right. Here goes nothing… I bowed, cleared my throat, and smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Taeyeon. Thank you all for coming here today.” Cameras flashed like crazy and then suddenly the first question came at me.

“Kim Taeyeon-ssi, how do you feel like becoming the first idol to get married?” I laughed and thought about what to say. Hmm.

How did I feel?

“Well… it’s not like I tried to be the first, it just happened that way.” A few of the reporters laughed and I continued. “But I am thankful I found someone so soon. I might be the first idol right now to get married but there will be plenty after me so I hope I can be a good example for them in the future,” I said as I tried to wrap it up. Hyung did say I needed to be smart and thoughtful with my responses so I wouldn’t get criticized online… again.

By the looks of the reporter’s reactions, I wasn’t doing too bad yet either. I saw a few of the reporters smiling and grinned myself.

Assa~! I wasn’t doing bad at all! It was only the first question and I was already feeling more confident up here.

“Tell us why you wanted to get married so early,” a different reporter shouted out.

What? Seriously?

I don’t know why, but I guess I was a little taken back by that one?

“Why would I wait,” I asked with a laugh. “I love Tiffany-ssi very much and I can’t wait to start our lives together. I don’t want to wait any longer than I have to.”

The reporters all reacted differently, but the next questions came without hesitation... unfortunately.

“Did you make plans for children on the first night of your honeymoon,” the man asked. Oh god, these kind of questions were coming out too? He didn’t stop there though either. “Who do you want your kids to look like?”

Omo, a double question? Was that even legal?

Wait, were those questions even legal?

I looked at my manager and he gave me the ‘what are you doing’ face. Aish, what a jerk.

I guess they were fair game after all...

Uhh, okay…crap. Think!

Deep breath. You can do this.

Right!

“Since we’ll be at home resting rather than going on a honeymoon, I think we’ll be doing a lot of just that. Resting,” I grinned. Stupid reporters, you won’t get me to say something cheeky like that today!  “But even so, no. We don’t have any plans for that in the near future.  We both decided that we would wait a while for children… When we do have them though I think they should all look like her of course.”

Oh god, just thinking about little mini versions of Tiffany running around and being painfully cute was killing me. I couldn’t wa-

“AHEM,” a cough came from my left and- oh god.

I spaced out… in the middle of a press conference… after being asked about our future babies.

Ohh god. I could’ve hit myself in the head.

How could you space out now you idiot?!

I looked at the reporters and they were all just staring straight at me. Some were smiling and then others just looked confused.

Aish! Good one Taeyeon.

“Uh-uhm,” I cleared my throat. “Yeah… she’s very beautiful.”

Most of the reporters laughed or at least smiled while I took a deep breath and tried to shake that off.

Good. This was going better than I had thought it would, especially after me spacing out after the question about babies…

Oh god, I’m gonna be in trouble. With SM, my manager, and especially Tiffany.

The next few questions went better, thankfully. They asked about my future career, which I told them would still be there.

Hell, just earlier today while I was getting my hair fixed up, hyung talked about LSM wanting to bring back our TaeSoo subunit while Yul acted again.

I really won’t be able to get a break…

They then asked if Tiffany ever got jealous of all the female fans I have and I just laughed.

“I think she gets seriously jealous for like a minute sometimes, but then she goes back to normal or just keeps pretending she’s jealous when I know she’s really not,” I happily revealed. “It’s adorable.”

It was too. Actually rather than jealous, I think she gets more annoyed than anything, but I didn’t want to tell them that.

There was a brief break again where the reporters typed away and the photographers continued to blind me, but soon the next question was asked.

“What were the other TYS member’s response to your marriage,” a woman questioned.

Ah~, easy.

“I know some people were sad at the news, but my members were very happy for me. They supported me one hundred percent the whole time and I’m so thankful for that,” I smiled. “They’re both here as my best men today actually.”

“Who do you think is the next member to get married,” a lady asked almost instantly.

Well then…

Hmm. That was a good question though, and they all seemed pretty hung up on my answer here for some reason.

After giving it a quick thought though, I knew who definitely won’t be the next one to marry.

“Maybe Sooyoung,” I said questioningly. “I feel like he would take care of his wife very well, and he already had a bit of practice… so Sooyoung.” I laughed, but the reporters just quickly typed up in their laptops yet again.

“Did you ask any of your label mates to sing the congratulatory wedding song?”

Ooh~, I totally forgot about that.

“Ne,” I answered excitedly. “Actually since were doing an all American style wedding it will be a little different in how it all happens, but yes. I asked my good friend IU-ssi and Tiffany-ssi asked our sunbae Changmin-ssi to perform the duet I wrote and used to propose to Tiffany for our first dance together as husband and wife.”

I thought it was a pretty good idea, and since IU was the original singer and she was going to be there, I figured it would be weird if anyone but her sings it. Thankfully she accepted my request too.

She was rather nervous and pretty unsure of herself for some reason, but in the end she agreed.

“You light up every time you talk about Tiffany-ssi and it seems like your respect for her is very big,” A man in the front row asked. He was right too. She- “Which part of her do you like the best and of course, the least?”

Oh god.

“Did you ask her this too?” I watched him laugh and give me a firm ‘yes’.

Oh great…

Ugh! I don’t dislike anything about her though, what am I supposed to do?

I mean she does have her less favorable points, like her always loud voice and her crazy random dancing, but I loved them just as much as her most favorable points. If Tiffany suddenly became a quiet and reserved kind of girl, I wouldn’t even know what to do!

Whatever, I’ll just have to go with something.

“Uhh this is a really hard question,” I laughed. “Hmm, but I do respect her very much so. I think Tiffany is a person that gives happiness to people without even trying and I’m jealous of that in her…but,” I paused and took a deep breath. “It’s good that she’s active and is a very cheerful person, but because she has all that energy it feels like she’s very aggressive about everything she does sometimes,” I laughed. “It’s hard to keep up with her energy level sometimes.”

They seemed pleased with my response and that made me feel even better.

Maybe this wouldn’t be a totally failure after all.                  

I was calm, collected, and totally cool right now.

What could go wrong?

_____________________________________________

 

The ceremony started in about forty five minutes and I was freaking out. Okay maybe not freaking out, but I couldn’t sit still.

All this waiting was killing me!

I was anxious, and nervous, and even a little bit scared!

What if I messed everything up?

I was about to marry the girl of my dreams.

Seriously, I’ve liked Tiffany since even before I was a part of SM! I didn’t even know her and I already knew I wanted to be with her.

Gah, no wonder fans are willing to kill me for her…

No! Taeyeon, what did you tell yourself you idiot?

Right, no thinking about that or any other crazy fan out there. Besides, hyung said the hotel was pretty much on lock down.

Right. Everyone’s safe.

Just focus on the more important things right now, I told myself.

Thankfully it wasn’t hard to get my mind thinking about Tiffany again, it never was really.

Ugh! I couldn’t wait to see her!

I shook my arms to try to get rid of some of the excess energy I had in me and my mom laughed.

“Yuri-yah?” Yul quickly drew his attention away from his phone.

“Ne eomonim?” She grinned.

“Take this child for a walk, would you?” I opened my mouth to object, but my mom’s brows scarily rose.

Aish… never mind. I guess a walk would help more than just pacing around the room though.

“Ne, eomonim,” Yuri laughed. “I’ll make sure to keep him away from Tiffany too.”

She thanked him and I just sighed.

“Mom~, I’m not going to go see her, jeesh. It’ll ruin her superstition thing,” I said exhaustedly. I mean I wanted to, no doubt, but if Tiffany really wanted to follow the superstition I wasn’t going to mess it up for her.

Plus I mean, I’ve waited all day, forty-five more minutes won’t kill me.

“I think she’s still getting her pictures taken anyway,” Soo chimed in. “Sunny still isn’t answering my texts yet.” I nodded.

That was probably true too.

We couldn’t take the professional pictures together yet obviously, but we were both able to go ahead and get pictures with just our family and members, and whoever else was here that wanted to get a picture with us pretty much. It was going to save us a lot of time later on.

“Sica isn’t texting me back either so~, let’s go Taengo.” I nodded and told my parents, and everyone else that was in the room, that I would be back soon.

We walked around the floor aimlessly for a couple minutes just talking about random things, like being oddly hungry and when his parents would get here.

Yuri and Sooyoung’s parents were both coming actually. Ever since the three of us got teamed up, our parents were kind of forced into a friendship as well. I was just glad they all got along, especially since my member’s parents became like secondary parents to me. I still remember Sooyoung’s dad taking us to get bubble tea all the time when we were trainees.

I honestly think they talk to each other more than they do their own children sometimes!

“Ah, you haven’t seen the decorations yet have you,” Yuri asked suddenly. I shook my head.

“Yul, I have only left that room twice all day, do you really think I’ve seen the decorations yet?” He laughed.

“Good point. Let’s go, it’s on the first floor. There shouldn’t be many people here if any… Oh?” He reached his hand in his pocket and pulled out his phone. “Ah, Sica says they’re already back in their room, so we must have just missed them,” he said.

Whew~, good thing we didn’t accidently run in to them on the elevator. That would have totally ruined the whole ‘not seeing each other’ thing.

We turned around and started making our way to the elevator when Yuri spoke up again… Well started to at least. I heard his new tone and figured he was probably just going to ask some annoying question about the wedding or Tiffany like he, Hyoyeon, and Soo had been doing all day.  

I had to cut him off… and give him a taste of his own medicine.

It would probably help me keep my mind off everything too, so why not?

“Soo~,” he started. “Wh-“

“When do you and Sica plan on getting married,” I said before he could finish.

Mwahaha!

His eyes widened and his mouth fell open.

Assa!

“Yah, we aren’t even close to that stage yet Kim Taeyeon.” I had to hold back my laughter because I knew when he used my full name he was seriously flustered... or pissed. I hummed.

“Oh yeah?” He eagerly hummed.

“Of course. We’ve only been dating for like five months Taeng, jeesh.” I scoffed.

“Yul, she calls you Kwon Seobang.”

“Th-that’s different!” Aish…

“In what world,” I laughed. “Tiffany doesn’t even call me that.”

“Well… Just… Shut up,” he said with an embarrassed nudge.

Aigo~, who knew Kwon Yuri could be so cute?

“Today’s your day pabo. We can worry about me tomorrow, got it?” I grinned.

“Whatever you say, Kwon Seobang~,” I teased. I heard the elevator ding just as we reached it and grinned again. “Wah, perfect timing.”

Yul shook his head and I just internally laughed. So this is what it feels like to be in their shoes. They pick on me and Tiffany all the time. It was totally time to pay them back.

The doors slid open to reveal a few people and-

Omo!

“Hyung! I was wondering what happened to you!”

Seriously, I hadn’t seen any of our managers for at least twenty minutes. I was beginning to wonder.

“Yeah~,” Yul teased. “Did yo-“

“Yah, where are you two going right now?”

Wow, okay… Well then…

What was his deal? Oh god, did he… Ugh, not this again.

“Hyung, I’m not going to go see Tiffany~,” I groaned.

Seriously, do people have no faith in me? I know that the room where Tiffany was in right now was on the first floor, and I know that it’s pretty close to the room the ceremony is taking place in, but I wasn’t going there! Honestly!

“Yeah hyung, we’re going to look at the decorations. Taengo hasn’t seen th-“

“Nope. Turn around right now,” he pretty much ordered. Uhh?

“What? Why?”

“Yeah, hyung, we’ll just look at them really quickly and come back,” Yuri defended. “If Tiffany’s down there I’ll just punch him in the face so he can’t see a-“

“Yah,” I cut him off loudly. “Just cover my eyes pabo, you don’t need to hi-“

“Enough,” Hyung yelled. Jeesh, we were only joking around. “No one is going to the first floor yet. Go back to your room.”

What in the hell? Why would he not let-

Wait a minute…

“Yet?” His eyes widened. “Why ‘yet’? Can I go in like two minutes then,” I asked with a laugh.

It didn’t make any sense. What difference would it be if I waited a couple minutes rather than going now?

If I waited much longer I might as well just wait until the actual ceremony, I mean we only had thirty minu- Oh my god.

I only had thirty minutes until-

“I can’t let you, or well either of you, on the first floor until the situation has been taken care of.”

A million things ran through my mind while my heart stopped.

He didn’t just say that, did he?

“Situation,” Yuri asked confusedly.

Oh god, he did…

I couldn’t hear the next thing that came out of my managers mouth, let alone breathe for I had only one thing on my mind now.

“Tiffany.”

_________________________________________

 

“Are you really sure you wanna marry this guy? We still have forty minutes Steph, we can totally get you out of here before then.”

Oh my god. Not this again… We literally just got back to the room from taking pictures and he was already starting back up!

He has asked the same thing at least three times today and I was sick of hearing it.

“Leo, I swear I’ll kill you if you ask me that one more time,” I threatened as I sat down. The stylist unnie wanted to do the last touchups on my hair and makeup before I walked down the aisle and I was more than happy to go along with it. I had to look my best out there.

I don’t know if this made me a terrible person or not, but I really wanted Taeyeon to cry when he saw me. I’m not sure why, but I just hoped he did…

Okay, that totally makes me a horrible person.

Oh well~! I couldn’t help it, I wanted to wow him more than I ever have before! Ugh! I was just way too excited. I even almost forgot my brother was being a jerk.

He quickly reminded me though…

“I’m just making sure Steph, you’re awesome and you look so pretty in your dress and he doesn’t even compare.” I smiled at my brother’s rare compliment, but couldn’t get past the insult to my love.

Taeyeon is the most amazing and handsome guy I know, honestly. I’m not just saying that because I’m marrying him either. Actually, I don’t think he could look ugly even if he tried… and he does… often.

I, along with thousands of fans, have seen all the ridiculous faces he makes.

“Seriously Tiff,” Leo started. “You should’ve went after that one actor… What’s his name again? Lee- oww~. What was that for?”

“Quit being an idiot,” Michelle said after smacking him upside the head. I smiled.

Finally~, if I was closer to him I probably would have done the same thing… twice as hard.

“And besides, I think Taeyeon’s an attractive guy too Leo. He’s not really my type but I can agree that he’s good looking,” she added quickly. I grinned again.

So can I, I thought. I appreciated his good looks tenfold, especially when he wore a suit.

Jesus, why was he so handsome? It wasn’t fair. He didn’t even have to try.  He didn’t have to  wear makeup, or anything else for that matter….

Ugh! Stop thinking about that right now Tiffany. You have the rest of the night and every night after that to have those thoughts.

Let’s just get through the next hour first.

I took a deep breath, but the thoughts continued to fill my head.

Ugh, it was like when he got all dressed up like that the only thing I could think about was undressing him and-

“I think Taeyeon is a good looking kid too Stephanie. It’ll keep our Hwang family looks intact. You chose well,” my dad said with a laugh. He was so lame, but it was so nice to hear him say that too. His approval meant everything to me… I just hope his approval covered Taeyeon’s personality too.

That was my favorite thing about him.

Although while I was pretty okay with the attractive wrapper it came in, Taeyeon’s dorky yet protective self is what I stayed for. Ugh, I loved him so much.

It was silent for a minute or so and I don’t know why, but I suddenly became nervous while thinking about all that.

What if my dad did secretly hate him and just wasn’t telling me?

Oh my god… I needed to make sure.

“You do… like him though, right daddy? As my husband…,” I added hesitantly.  

I watched my dad’s reaction through the mirror and instantly felt relieved when a smile spread on his face.

“Of course Stephanie. I wouldn’t have gave him my approval last year if I didn’t think you two matched together.” My heart and mind were both going crazy. “I always knew that no man would ever be good enough for my little girls.”

Wait a minute…

What the hell? He literally just said that he approved of Taeyeon!

What is he-

“But then I found one.” I froze and became overwhelmed with emotions.

I don’t know what this feeling was, but it felt like my heart was exploding. I was out of breath and the smile on my face didn’t even show a fourth of what I was feeling inside.

“Taeyeon is a good guy, I’m glad to welcome him in to our family,” my dad said, causing me to become even happier, if that was possible.

I felt warm and bubbly… and even a little bit betrayed. How could he pull a stunt like that on me at a time like this?

Ugh, scaring me like that so close to the ceremony? As if I already didn’t have enough to worry about. What a jerk!

I couldn’t stop smiling after hearing those words though.

My dad approved, my sister approved, my… well I’m not really sure if Leo approved but that didn’t really matter. In less than an hour I would be married to the person that makes me the happiest in the world.

I couldn’t wait.

Within the next few minutes, the door flew wide open and I was struck with another wave of happiness when I saw who walked through.

“What’s going on,” Sunny asked cheerfully. Sunny, Jessica, and Seohyun were all returning after tracking down our managers who had been holding on to their phones for them.

The only flaw to the amazing bridesmaid dresses; no pockets.

“We were just talking about how cute Taeyeon is,” my sister answered back in Korean. Sunny and Seohyun looked a little confused, but then Jessica just laughed. Loudly.

Uhm, she better not be laughing at us thinking Taeyeon is cute… She has no room to talk! She’s even admitted that he was attractive before!

“Yah~, what’s so funny?” When we locked eyes her smile dropped briefly before picking itself back up into her princess like grin.

“Aniyo, It’s not like that, it’s just that I’m reading all the texts Yuri has been sending me,” she laughed. “Yuri says that Taeyeon is shaking and bouncing around the room.”

Oh my… Taeyeon?

“Really?” She hummed.

“Yeah, he says that Taengo is really nervous… see.” She held up her phone and I couldn’t believe it.

Taeyeon was nervous? My Taetae? Why? How?

He hasn’t been nervous about the wedding since day one! He was always the one calming me down…

Oh my god, and now he’s the one worrying? Forty minutes until we walk down the aisle and Taeyeon was worried?

A million things ran through my mind, but none of them seemed to make sense.

Why would he be nervous now? Did something happen?

Oh my god, is he getting cold feet?

My heart was speeding up and this was not okay. Maybe I should go see-

“Are you nervous Tiff?” I looked at Michelle through the mirror and shook my head.

“I wasn’t…,” I responded honestly. “I-“

“Yeah,” Jess started, cutting me short. “She’s been weirdly calm since this morning. We don’t know what’s gotten in to her.” Everyone laughed. Aish, that’s not even it!

“I’m not weirdly calm Jess, I’m just… happy,” I tried to explain. I know happy was a very generic term, but I couldn’t think of anything else right now. I just felt so content and ready… Ugh, I really couldn’t wait to see him, to marry him, to-.

Oh my… maybe that was why he was bouncing around!

Duh~!

He was nervous just because he was excited!

Exactly. That had to be it, I told myself… repeatedly.

There’s no other excuse for Taeyeon to be acting like that.

Well, I should say there’s no other excuse that I want to think about right now.

“Hello everyone,” a new voice rang. I looked through the mirror I was facing and saw that two of our managers were now in the room. What the… when did they get here?

I noticed my dad standing up and immediately did the same.

“Oh daddy! Let me introduce you to-“

“Ani, sit back down,” Jessica said as she forcibly pushed me back into the chair. “I got it.”

I nodded and just happily listened as she introduced everyone to each other while unnie continued to work on my hair.

“Well it’s very nice to meet you both,” I heard my dad say. “Thank you for taking such good care of my daughter.”

“It’s nice to meet you too Mr. Hwang, and it’s no problem… but I’m here to tell you all that guests should be arriving soon and-“

“Ah! Right, I should go greet them then,” my dad interrupted. “Oh, I need to see Mr. Kim for a minute as well. I’ll be back girls. Come on Leo.”

“But dad~!”

“No buts. Give your sisters some time alone… and you should go find the boys and spend more time with Taeyeon anyway,” I heard my dad say as they stepped out.  I smiled and totally agreed with him on that one. Maybe if Leo spent more time with Taeyeon he’d realize that he was the perfect guy for me!

I could hope so at least…

With a final wave from my dad, the only people left in the room now were my members, my sister, and my manager… oh and of course the stylist.

I took a deep breath.

This was it.

I checked the clock and- oh my god. A quick rush of god knows what surged through my body.

I had less than thirty minutes left until I would walk down that aisle out there. I couldn’t believe it.

Thirty minutes until I would finally see-

KNOCK-KNOCK

Huh? Who would be here... and knock? Daddy and Leo would have just walked straight in…

“I’ll get it.” I watched the door to see who was coming in, but my stylist stole my attention.

“Should we do your eyes a little thicker?” I looked at myself in the mirror and thought about it.

“No, I like it the way it is unnie,” I said honestly. “I want a more natural look today, remember?” She nodded and then looked in her kit once again.

Okay, so it obviously wasn’t natural, I mean I clearly had make up on, but I didn’t want it to be too much. I don’t need the whole smoky eye effect from the ‘Run Devil Run’ era, just enough to accentuate my eyes and cheek-

“Taeyeon,” I heard my manager say in a confused manner.

Hold up. What?

“Taeyeon!”

“Taeyeon?” I turned in the chair and froze.

Wait just a minute… Was he really here? Right now?

 “Oppa?”

By the surprised look on everyone else’s face, I knew he had to be.

Oh god, a sense of panic spread over me.

What do I do? I can’t see him!

Oh god, what if he just walks in?

“Of course Tiffany’s here,” my manager said. “Where else would she be?”

“Fany-ah,” I heard him call. I fought back a squeal and took a deep breath.

As much as I wanted to see him, and hug him, and kiss him, and… well everything else, I couldn’t. I had to fight my urge back. I stood up.

“Tae-Taeyeon, you can’t be here. We can’t-“

“I’m not coming in,” his voice rang from behind the opened door.

Huh?

Why would he come all the way down here and not-

“You sure as hell aren’t,” oppa said feistily as he started to close the door.

Oh my god.

“Oppa,” I called out as I moved closer to the door. I know I wasn’t supposed to see him, but there was no need to yell at him like that. Plus… I could totally still talk to him right?

I mean we wouldn’t be looking at each other…

“What Tiffany? You two aren’t supposed to-“

“I know~,” I groaned. Jesus, did he really think I forgot? “I know I’m not supposed to see him and besides, he just said he wasn’t coming in … So just let me talk to him for a minute, okay? Please? I’ll even stand on the other side of the door.” Oppa took a deep breath and stepped away.

“Fine, but if either of you peek at each other I’m going to be very angry. Everyone went through a lot of trouble to keep you two apart all day.”

“Ne, oppa~!” He was right about everyone trying their hardest to help us too. I was very thankful for each and every one of them.

If I didn’t want to stick to this superstition I would have wanted to be by his side the whole day instead of going through all this trouble. It would have been much simpler, but this way it just felt right.

As I anxiously took steps closer to the door, I couldn’t help but wonder more and more though.

Why was he here?

Oh my god, is he going to call it off?

Wow, I could have hit myself for that one. Don’t be stupid Tiffany.

Ugh, what was he going to say though… oh my, and why was he breathing so hard?

Oh no.

“Kim Taeyeon are you… crying?”

Oh god. What if he really was-

“Ani, I’m catching my breath,” he responded simply. Whew… he was only- wait. What?

“Why,” I asked with a confused laugh. That was completely random.

“I might’ve ran here.” Uhm.

Okay…?  Now I was even more confused. Why in the hell would he run here?

“Why,” I asked again.

“Well, just because. A-are you okay? Is everyone okay?”

Huh?

I was so confused that it hurt. What is he talking about? Why would I not be okay?

I looked at Sunny across the room and she just shrugged. Damn, and she usually knew what was going on at times like this.

“Yeah Taetae, we’re all fine,” I responded hesitantly. “Why? What’s wrong?”

“Uhh, wha… I… a-aniyo,” he said like he was obviously hiding something. “Nothing’s wrong I just-“

“Yah! Hyung~, I found him.” That sounded very familiar… and by the look on Jessica’s face, I knew exactly who it was.

“Oww Yul~! That hurts! Do you have to hold me this tight,” Taeyeon whined. “You’re gonna break my wrist!” I laughed at his childish tone.

How could he sound so cute all the time?

“Uh yeah,” Yuri said back sarcastically. “You took off before we could stop you pabo, what’s holding you back from running in there and seeing her?”

“Well you are now,” Taeyeon replied sassily. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing this time. He was too much.

“Tiffany? Where is that coming from? Yah, are you on the pho-“

“I’m behind the door Yuri-yah,” I interrupted. “Taeyeon already said he wasn’t coming in so you can release him now… and tell me what this is all about to begin with,” I added in quickly. If Taeyeon wouldn’t tell me, maybe I could get Yuri to.

“You don’t know,” he asked quickly. “Yah, hyung! You said the- UGH!”

I heard a few other questionable noises ending with another groan of pain from Taeyeon. It seriously took all of my strength to hold myself back now. I wanted to see what was going on so badly!

“Yah, I’ve told you a billion times Taeyeon-ah, anywhere but my face… and hyung, I thought you said their managers knew, why didn’t they tell them?”

Wait, tell us what?

I heard a sigh.

“Kwon Yuri, how many managers does SNSD have?”

We have four, I answered in my head. I still had no idea where this was heading, but I was extremely curious to find out now. What were they keeping from us?

“Like four,” he guessed.

“Right, and only two of them are in the room. The other two were in the lobby with Dobin-ah taking care of the situation.”

Omo!

Taeyeon groaned, but I totally ignored him after hearing that.

“Situation,” almost everyone in the room said at once.

“What kind of a situation was it Hanyoung-ssi? Ah, here come in you two… Taeyeon, don’t move a muscle,” oppa said with concern. I shook my head.

“Thank you,” their manager said. “And it isn’t anything to be worried about. You would have known that if you stayed to listen to what I was saying too Kim Taeyeon.” He sighed. “This kid heard the word ‘situation’ and took off running for the stairs… I really don’t know what I’m going to do with him.”

When he said that, I knew exactly what I wanted to do to him.

I wanted to wrap my arms around that idiot and keep them there for as long as I could, maybe even longer.

He must have thought that the situation involved me and literally came running.

Oh my gosh.

He didn’t even know what it was!

Ugh, he had no idea what he was getting himself into and yet he still ran, at what seems like full speed, toward me.

He was amazing and- wait.

“What was the situation oppa?” I still can’t believe he hadn’t told us yet.

“Ah, right. It was a couple fans,” he responded shortly.

He didn’t have to say anything else though, for my heart was already racing. After the past few days and all the trouble we had with the crazy girl in NYC, I honestly didn’t want any fans near my Taetae.

I know that’s probably not a good thing to say seeing as how our jobs require the fans support, but it was true. If he ever got hurt again because of a crazy fan I would hurt somebody.

Seriously.

“Is everything okay,” my manager asked.

“Yeah they got into the lobby and then wouldn’t leave when they were asked so we were having them escorted out when that idiot,” he said as he pointed to Taeyeon. “Tried to come down here. If he would have just given us a couple minutes to make sure the coast was clear, it would have been fine.”

“Yah,” Taeyeon fired off from behind the door. “All you said was that we couldn’t go downstairs and that there was a situation,” he said with an attitude. I grinned.

While the ‘situation’ didn’t sound at all serious, I guess if their manager said it a certain way it would have been pretty shocking. I know I would have been worried, hell I was momentarily.

“Yeah hyung, the way you said it did sound pretty serious,” Yuri added. I smiled.

At least it wasn’t all in my Taetae’s mind.

“It really worried me hyung...  that’s why I had to run down here,” Taeyeon said as he wiggled the doorknob. “I had to check on Fany-ah.”

Wah~! I had to bite my lip to prevent an unhuman noise from escaping as an instant burst of bubbles was released within me. Taeyeon was hands down the most amazing guy in the world.

I don’t know how I was possibly his first girlfriend ever, but I needed to thank every girl he had ever met before me for passing him right by.

I had no idea what my life would be like right now without him anymore and I in no way wanted to find out… Ever.

I reached my hand around the door and grabbed his off the knob… but he reacted as if it were on fire.

Ugh… he was also so frustrating sometimes.

“Yah! No! We can’t do that,” he shouted as he pulled quickly away. I couldn’t see his face, but I knew his eyes were probably wide open and his brows were as high as they could get. Aigo~!

“Yes we can Taetae. It’s not breaking the rules.” He scoffed.

“Uh, yeah it is~! I saw your hand! Oh god. I saw your hand. It’s already ruined. We ruined the thing! Our marriage is ru-“

“Kim Taeyeon, if you don’t hold my hand right now I swear I will… good,” I said as his hand moved quickly into mine.

Mmm, this felt nice. It  was calming and empowering.

His hand in mine was exactly how it should be. I rested my forehead against the door and took a deep breath.

Now this was comforting. I felt like this is exactly where I needed to be right now. I’m sure that being in his arms would have been a million times better, but this was just as fantastic for now.

It was just what I needed to calm the remaining nerves I didn’t even know I had. It was- oh my god!

What the hell?

I saw a sudden flash of bright light and looked quickly to the source.

“What the hell Sunny,” I asked the girl holding the large camera.

“What,” she grinned. “That was an adorable picture of you two. Behind the door holding hands… ah~, it’s almost enough to make someone sick.” The other people in the room laughed, but I could only sigh.

I just wanted one minute alone with him, was that too much to ask?

“Can you guys, uh… leave? Just for a few minutes,” Taeyeon asked as if he had just read my mind. “I promise we won’t look at each other, I just want to talk to her… without you guys watching us,” he added. I hummed.

“Please,” I said quickly. Thankfully it only took a little bit more convincing before everyone agreed to vacate the room.

“Let me go check to see if their listening in,” Taeyeon said before letting go of my hand.

About ten seconds later though, his hand was back in mine.

“The coast is clear,” he laughed. Gah, he was adorable. “Are you nervous Fany-ah~?” I smiled even bigger at the cute way he said my name.

“I don’t even know anymore,” I responded truthfully. My emotions were all swirling around inside of me so quickly I couldn’t even begin to feel one before another took over. I heard him chuckle.

“I’m not nervous at all.”

What a liar!

“Jinjja?” He hummed. “But Jessica said that Yuri said you were bouncing around.” He laughed his charmingly addictive laugh.

“Because I’m excited Fany-ah. I can’t wait to see you, to see your dress,” he paused. “To hear you say ‘I do’.” I heard him sigh. “We’re getting married… isn’t that crazy?” I laughed at his surprised tone.

“It is crazy babe.”

I wanted to keep talking, to tell him how I felt too, but my body wasn’t allowing it. My heart was pounding like a jackhammer and my words were all getting caught in my throat.

What was wrong with me? Say something, anything really!

“You’re gonna be stuck with me forever,” he said, beating me to it. “Are you sure you don’t want to run while you can?” A laugh escaped and that was just what I needed. He always knew what I needed.

Whether it be a laugh, a hug, or just an ear to listen to what I was saying. He was always there for me.

“I’m positive Taetae. The only place I want to run is down that aisle. I want to be yours forever Kim Taeyeon.” I felt my hand being pulled closer to him and I almost couldn’t resist.

His lips pressed against my hand and-

“I closed my eyes once I saw your sleeve babe, don’t worry. I didn’t see anything but the very end, I promise,” he said as my hand returned to my side of the door.

Oh god, I didn’t even think about the longs sleeves of my dress. I almost didn’t even care at this point. I just wanted to see his face so badly.

“It’s okay Taeyeon,” I smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you too Fany, Fany, Tiffany!”

“Ugh, so childish~,” I teased. He laughed again.

“I’m serious though,” he whined. “I love you.”

“I love you too Taeyeon-ah,” I said with the biggest grin possible. Really, I think my mouth was starting to hurt from smiling so wide.

“You better… and~ I better go before I give in and look at you for real.” I let out the breath I was holding in and laughed.

“I know right? I’ve been holding myself back since you got here.” He hummed.

“Ugh, why did we agree to wait again?”

“Because it’s bad luck if you see me Taetae.”

“Ahh right… I guess we can’t have that.” I hummed.

While the other reason I wanted to wait popped in my head, I thought it’d be best not to tell him that one. I don’t think he’d want to hear that I want to see him cry. Hell, it might even stop him from doing so if he knew I was waiting for it.

“I better go babe.” I groaned. I knew he had to go, but I didn’t want him to at all. “Yah~, don’t do that. I’ll see you again soon… and next time I’ll have a pretty ring for you to wear.”

I internally screamed. This was all becoming too much for my body to take. I really might emplode…

Thank god this day only comes once.

_________________________________________________________

 

With only fifteen minutes until the ceremony started, my bladder decided to act up. I told Leo and Yuri to go ahead to the room while I made a quick stop, I mean the restrooms were right here.

On the way back I couldn’t help but laugh at myself for being so nervous pretty much all day. All it took was five minutes with Tiffany and I was back to normal, maybe even better than normal. I was ready to do this, ready to kiss her in front of everyone we know, ready to- wha… omo!

“What are you guys still doing here?”

My mom and little sister, who were both supposed to be downstairs, were still in the room!

“Hayeon had something she needed to tell you,” my mom responded. I nodded.

Whatever it was, I’m sure it could’ve waited thirty minutes, but whatever. They were already here.

“What is it Hayeonie,” I asked as I bent down a little. “You need to go down stairs and meet your unnies.”

“I know oppa, but I just remembered!” I nodded, but nothing else came out of …

Uhm… What? What did she remember? Why wasn’t she saying any-

“OW~!”

“Kim Hayeon!”

The exact second I looked up to my mom, that little jerk flicked me in the forehead… Hard too.

“What was that for?” The evil little girl just laughed. “Oppa’s serious Hayeon, why’d you do that?”

“I-I owed you one from yesterday!.. Remember oppa? You lost rock, paper, scissors after dinner. Leo oppa was there too!”

Oh good lord.

“Hayeon apologize to your-“

“Aniyo umma, she’s right. I totally forgot.”

Jeesh, how did she even remember that?

Oh yeah, I knew how… she’s evil!

“See, I told you. Sorry oppa,” she said halfheartedly. I sighed.

“It’s fine Hayeon, just wait until after I get hundreds of pictures taken of me next time,” I laughed. “If Fany-ah sees a red mark on my forehead in the pictures she’ll kill me!” She laughed.

Laughed!

That little girl… what was I going to do with her?

“Aye~, you’re fine ya big cry baby,” Hyoyeon teased.

Picking on me must run in the family.

“He’s right Taengo, I don’t see any marks,” Sooyoung confirmed. “You’re good to go!”

“That’s right! We have a wedding to get to!”

 

________________________________________________________

 

I don’t know why, but I was nervous again.

Why was I so nervous?

Ohh god. I was even shaking!

This was at least twenty times worse than my debut and that’s probably an understatement.

I felt like throwing up. I felt like taking Tiffany and running away.

We could still totally elope right?

No, my mom would kill me. That was stupid for me to even think that.

A hand touched my back and I literally jumped.

Oh my god… why did I do that? Omo, and was I…was I having a heart attack? I put my hand on my chest and-

“Wow, Taeng you need to chill out,” Hyoyeon laughed. “I just came over here to tell you good luck one more time… and to calm down. Relax man. Enjoy this.”

“Easy for you to say hyung. You’re not the one getting married!” He grinned again.

“Do you want me too? I’ll gladly marry Tiffany Hwang. She’s so-“

“Yah,” I interrupted. “Don’t finish that sentence.” He laughed again.

“Yes sir. I gotta go though. Everyone else is already lined up and ready to go. Good luck Taeng!”

Oh god. Hearing that everyone was already lined up made my stomach flip again, and again.

What if I actually throw up? Oh god, what if I throw up mid ceremony?

Oh no… this was not going to go well. This wasn’t gonna go well at all.

I’m in trouble. I’m in big, fat, huge troub-

“Kim Taeyeon-ssi, it’s time,” an employee said.

“Oh no,” I said as a shiver sent through my body.

“Oh yes,” she laughed. “Go out there and get’em!”

Huh? Get who? Omo, and why was I walking?

Body stop! Don’t you dare open that door yet!

No! Stop! Stop…

Oh god I did it.

_________________________________________________

 

“Okay three, two, one,” Jisook-ssi cheered. “Go!”

With a quick thumbs up from Seohyun and a wink from my brother, the two walked toward the double doors arm in arm.

Holy this is happening for real.

The doors opened and soon they were gone.

Oh god, it was happening. Deep breaths Tiffany, deep-

“Your mother would be so proud of you Miyoung-ah,” my dad said in Korean. I felt an immediate lump in my throat as Jisook-ssi started counting down for the next pair to walk out.

I looked up at my dad and instantly regretted that too. Oh no.

Tears.

He had tears in his eyes.

Oh god.

“Daddy,” I breathed. I didn’t even know what to say.

Ugh, why’d he have to bring that up now?

Don’t get me wrong, I wanted to hear it. I loved hearing it, actually I had been thinking about her a lot the past ten minutes, but I wasn’t going to say anything. Hearing it aloud would only make it worse.

That’s why I was glad my dad said it, but did it have to be at this exact minute? I was already on the verge of crying and this just made it a hundred times worse to hold in.

My breathing was getting heavy and oh no… I-I-

“Dad! Don’t make her cry… Oh for Christ’s sake,” Michelle said before wiping my cheek. I smiled as her fingers quickly wiped the few fallen tears.

“Thank you.”

“No, you should be thanking the creators of waterproof makeup,” she laughed. “Everything still looks great, just stop crying okay?” I nodded as I caught the last glance of Jessica and Sooyoung walking out of the hall.

Oh god, it was almost time. I needed to-

“Yeah unnie! Oppa will do all the crying for you anyway,” Hayeon teased. I smiled.

“Yah,” I said halfheartedly. I knew it was her brother, but she still needed to be nice… even if he was totally going to cry. I felt better just thinking about him.

Right. Think about Taeyeon. Think about his cute grin and his adorable little nose and-

“You think he’ll cry,” Hyoyeon asked playfully. Oh god, here they go. Hayeon hummed. “Wanna make a bet?” She cocked an eyebrow.

“What’s in it for me?” I had to laugh at that.

“Wah~! Hayeon, you might just end up being my favorite cousin after all.”

The two of them quickly discussed a bet while Michelle continued to ‘fix’ my makeup.

I however, was just concentrated on a newly created chant in my mind.

Do not trip, do not cry, do not fall. Do not trip, do not cry, do not fall.

When Jisook called for the next and final pair to go, everything went to hell though.

My brain fried. I didn’t even know what to do!

Was time standing still or was it me?

“Flower girl go,” Jisook called what seemed like immediately.

They just left, I yelled in my head. Why was time moving so fast? Why was-

“Bride on standby, music shift,” she said in to her headset. Omo…

Just as she ordered, I heard the light tones of the music playing inside fade away. My breaths were picking up and I almost couldn’t take it.

“Oh god.”

The horns hit the all too familiar first notes of the Mendelssohn Wedding March perfectly and I think I lost all feeling in my legs. The strings and pianos joined in at the exact same time Jisook had her employees open the doors, and time stood still. I couldn’t breathe.

All eyes were on me here in this doorway, but the only ones I could see, were Taeyeon’s.

I don’t even remember starting to walk, but there I was five feet down the aisle already.

I couldn’t tell if we were walking too slow or too fast… hell I couldn’t even hear the music playing anymore.

The only thing I could focus on was Taeyeon. My eyes found him the nanosecond the door opened, and I couldn’t take them off him.

The way his mouth fell agape when we first locked eyes and then the way his open mouth formed into the most perfect smile I’ve ever seen after he looked me up and down… Ugh, it sent me over the moon.

The nerves were gone too, once I saw him all those jitters left my body and were replaced with nothing but warmness. The tears welling up in my eyes surprised me, but thankfully they never fell.

This feeling was overwhelming though. I didn’t even know what to think. Everything just made me so happy.

Even the way he was now covering his wide grin with his hand made me excited. While I was a little bummed out he was covering his amazing smile, I could tell he had the most childlike look plastered on his face.

He took a step down off of the platform he was on and only then I realized how close I was to him.

Oh god, when did I get this far? Holy… just three more steps and I would be right in front of him.

I took a deep breath.

Two.

Oh god.         
 

One.

 

_________________________________________________________

 

 

Woah~! I'm really, really, really sorry it took that long to update.
With the holidays happening and me being crazy busy in general, I had almost no time to write, and when I did I ended up hating like 75% of what I wrote so I had to go back and redo/fix/change almost everything multiple times!

I'm still not 100% happy with it, but I'm usually not anyway^^

I hope you can all forgive me<3

Also, I hope this was a good enough start to the wedding.

I'm not sure yet where I'm going to start the next chapter at, so if any of you have any suggestions or strong opinions do not be afraid to let me know!

As far as I know the next chapter will be the last one, but don't worry. The sequel should start soon after that.
You can find it here~!

 

Thank you all so much!