Invincible

Into the New World

 

 

That night was the first time our manager has ever really yelled at us, well me. He had started yelling at Yuri and Sooyoung too but I convinced him that they had no idea it was going on. The whole car ride home and even in to our dorm was spent listening to him rattle on about how I shouldn’t be doing this and how it will ruin my career, blah. I really didn’t care. I had zero regrets about being with Tiffany.

Well maybe just one and it may or may not have had something to do with not being able to finish what we started earlier. I mean what?

The next day I found out that both of our managers weren’t going to say anything to the president, yet. They thought they would be able to handle the situation internally. Whatever. I was also informed, threatened really, that if we didn’t stop seeing each other or doing things publicly they would tell him and there would be repercussions.

I called Tiffany as soon as my manager left the room. He was downstairs in the van waiting for us so I couldn’t be too long.

I heard the phone ring a few times before she answered.

“Yeboseyo?”  I smiled after hearing her voice.

“Fany-ah~,” I crooned. I heard her giggle a little so I continued on. “Did your manager talk to you yet?”

“Yeah, he did a while ago,” she said with a sad tone.

“Well?”

“Well what Taeyeon? They want us to break up!”

“Tiffany, you know that won’t happen right? I’m not ever letting you go.”

“I know Tae, it’s just that we’re not going to see each other as much and we rarely do anyway.”

“Fany-ah, we’ll find a way. I’m not losing you over this stupid ordeal. I love you,” I said confidently.

“I know Taetae,” she said her voice even softer now. “What are you doing today?”

“I’m actually leaving for practice right now. Our comeback is in a week! I just wanted to call you and tell you not to worry.”

“Waah Tae! Go! Go practice.”

“Okay, okay! I’ll call you later. I love you!”

“I love you too,” she said and then I hung up the phone.

During practice I was in one of the best moods I think I’ve ever been in during so. Apparently all it took was a little bit of encouragement from Tiffany and I was good to go!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It’s been almost a little over a month since I have even hugged my boyfriend. The past month he has been so busy though. On top of that our managers now knew that we were a thing so they kept tabs on us even more so. I was pretty mad, but at the same time really proud of him. Their song, or I should say my song really, ‘Beautiful Stranger’ had topped literately every chart possible. It actually held the top spot for four weeks straight until our new song ‘Oh’ came and took over. Whoops. Our album came out yesterday, and we’ve been doing non-stop promotions everywhere you could name ever since. Our comeback performance was tomorrow so we had the evening off thankfully.

Tonight also happened to be when the episode of Invincible Youth Taeyeon appeared on aired. You really couldn’t turn on a radio, computer, or television without hearing about their group these days. They were always appearing at events or on music shows, and even radio shows. They were on a couple of variety shows, including this one, as well, but surprisingly not many. I wasn’t complaining, that only meant I got to hear and see him more often. Regardless, I was super excited to sit around and watch IY later with the girls.

An hour or so later we all had started to gather around the television in preparation for the television show. I felt my phone vibrate beside me and quickly opened it. Texting and calling was still the only way I could talk with Taeyeon on a daily basis. We didn’t really mind much these days since we both had work and other activities to keep ourselves busy. There would be almost no time to see each other even if we were allowed to. It wasn’t ideal, but my feelings toward him never wavered, at least not yet… I pretty much knew what his text was going to say right now but I opened it anyway.

Text Message
From: Taetae

Fany-ah remember what I told you. The producers told me I had to be that way, I wouldn’t have acted that way or answered the questions like that if not. Ask Sunny and Soo! They’ll tell you I’m being honest. Okay? I love you!

I was right. The day of the filming he even texted me in full apologize mode. Apparently the producers had told him and Sooyoung both to be sort of flirty with the girls there, which I understood. It was for television and they needed the scandalous factor going on right? However the PD went a step further and told Taeyeon to be extra flirty with a certain member because I guess she said somewhere previously that she liked him? Whatever.

I was just ready to watch it for myself so I can decide on how mad I needed to be.

Text Message
To: Taetae

I know! Quit apologizing pabo-yah! I love you too. <3

 

“Ahh it’s starting,” Sunny said from beside me. Turning my attention to the screen I saw the opening scenes and then in came in on the group of girls.

“We have a bunch of things to do today,” said Noh Juyeon. All the girls responded differently. “Yes, we might need help so I’ve decided to let you all call your friends to see if they can come help.”

“Ahh jinjja? Anyone?” Narsha unnie asked excitedly. The elder man nodded.

“Taewu isn’t here today either so I hope your friends are strong,” he said again before handing the girls their phones back.

“Ahh I know who to call,” Hara said as she dialed her phone. We could hear the phones ring back tone before a girl answered the phone. A thing popped on the bottom of the screen indicating that it was Nicole from her group.

A few other girls called their friends who either didn’t pick up or couldn’t come.

“Oh!” Sunny said while snapping her fingers. “I know who, you all will seriously thank me.” The phones dial back tone could be heard. Everyone there figured she called one of us because the song that played was surprisingly one of ours. It must have been Soo or Yuri pulling pranks again. The IY members were all complaining until they heard the voice answer.

“Ye-yeboseyo?” I smiled knowing exactly who that was. The girls around her all got very excited after hearing it was a guy.

“Oppa~” she cried out cutely making all the girls widen their eyes.

“Yah, Sunkyu-yah don’t call me that.” I laughed aloud at that and so did the girls on screen.

“Oppa I can’t say your name though. I’m filming right now and the other G7 members are trying to guess who you are.”

“Ahh, you’re filming? Wait can they hear me?”

“Yeah,” she said while laughing. “What are you and your members doing today?”

“Uh nothing I think we have a day off why?”

“Good, then get your manager to take you out here.”

“Jinjja? All of us?”

“Omo, there are multiple boys coming here?” Narsha asked again. She was too funny on this show, always trying to flirt with the boys.

“Ne, all of you if you can, or just a few, or just you, we need help! Okay bye~~” She then hung up on him. “He’ll be here.”

The show moved on to show the G7 members playing around a bit, I wasn’t really interested I was just waiting for Taeyeon to show up.

Juyeon explained what they were going to today just as two vans pulled up.

“They’re here,” Shinyoung shouted. Nicole was the first one out which they all greeted and welcomed nicely. Then they showed the two boys get out of the van and start making their way up.

They had a close up shot of all the girls’ faces as they came into sight. All of them looked really excited and you could see a few jaws dropping. Narsha then started running toward them. It cut to when they were both up with everyone else. They greeted everyone and introduced themselves.

“Okay now which one of you did she call?” Taeyeon then raised his hand as Shinyoung went to put her arm around him. “Now why was your dial back tone a SNSD song?” The girls all laughed and ‘oooh’d’ at him.

His expression was really funny too. He looked like he just got caught taking a cookie from the cookie jar.

“Actually you can thank me for that,” Sooyoung spoke up. “We like to play pranks on one another.”

Taeyeon scoffed. “You mean you like to play pranks on us,” he said teasingly. Everyone was laughing until someone spoke again.

“Since you’re here, and we ask everyone that comes. Who were you looking forward to seeing the most?” Shinyoung asked the boys.

“Narsha-ssi,” Sooyoung answered quickly.

“Oooh!” Narsha shouted and then went to stand by him.

“Yah Narsha you’re almost ten years older than him. Sooyoung-ssi why was it her?”

“Ahh when we watch the show she is always so funny. So I was excited to experience it firsthand.”

“Ahh right, then you can be on her team.”

“That’s enough!” They all looked to Juyeon who had just yelled. “Let’s get to work.”

“Aww” the group groaned in unison. It then went on another commercial break.

The part I was most anxious to see was coming up next. I sat patiently and waited for it to come back on when a voice broke my focus.

“Tiff, seriously it wasn’t even anything. Taengo is overreacting times, like a hundred. He didn’t do anything.”

Okay so maybe I was fidgeting a little.

“I know Sunny, but he keeps apologizing for it. It makes it seem like it was something a little more than nothing,” I said. I wanted to believe Sunny, I mean she was present the whole time but he was very persistent on the fact he was sorry.

“Well would you want him to say nothing at all and just let you watch it with no warning?”

She did have a point. “I do-“

“Yah it’s back on,” Jessica said loudly. Gah since when is she so interested in the show?

I dropped the sentence mid-way and turned all my attention back to the television.

It then showed Shinyoung, Sunny, Taeyeon, Hara and Juyeon unnie all lugging pieces of lumber in to the village. Once they had moved it all in they started talking.

“Alright, the task we were given today was to design and build a dog house for the two dogs we have here. Taeyeon-ssi how do you feel about being here so far?”

“Uh, nervous,” he said causing everyone there to laugh. Shinyoung then asked him why. “I really didn’t think that we had to do everything. We couldn’t even get help carrying all this up here.”

“Of course not! Didn’t Sunny warn you?”

“Yeah, I didn’t believe her though. She says some pretty outrageous things sometimes. Ow!”

Sunny elbowed him in the stomach and everyone laughed. It cut to the next scene where everyone had a pad of paper.

“Okay, we’re all going to draw up a design and we’ll vote on whose is best. And whose is uh, actually doable.”

It was silent awhile while they started drawing until one of the girls spoke up.

“Taeyeon-ssi, how do you know Sunny so well? You seem really close.”

“Yah Sunkyu weren’t you born in America?”

“Ne? Wh-“

“Omo, are you the beautiful stranger?”

The girls all squealed while I saw Taeyeon roll his eyes and then protest. They filmed this a couple weeks ago, right at the height of the songs release. It was a pretty hot topic these days as well. Who was the mystery girl? Was she a celebrity or was she someone back home? The questions about it never stopped.

“Aniyo, aniyo! We are just really good friends.”

Friends,” Shinyoung teased.

“No seriously, my group wouldn’t have had as many opportunities early in our career if it wasn’t for her. We owe a lot of it to her. Plus she’s one of my closest friends.” Which was very true, they texted often as well.

“Ahh, jinjja?” He nodded. “Does she know who the stranger is?”

“Of course,” he admitted. “We talk about all kinds of things.”

“Wow you two are close then huh? Sunny-ah, will you tell us who she is,” Shinyoung asked excitedly.  

“Nope! That would get me in a lot of trouble with this one here,” she said pointing to Taeyeon.

 “Alright, we’ll keep investigating the identity of the beautiful stranger,” Shinyoung said in a way that sounded like a reporter.

It cut again to a little later where they showed them picking designs. Sunny won, and then they started building. There was a silly animation pointing out that Hara was being very quiet this whole time, just before Shinyoung brought it up.

“Yah, Goo Hara why are you being so quiet over there?”

“Yeah, you haven’t said anything this whole time.”

“Yes I have!”

“Are you nervous because of our guest?”

“A-aniyo I’m-“

A scream erupted from the two other girls.

“Omo, Taeyeon-ssi we didn’t get to ask you earlier. Who were you most excited to see coming here.”

He paused for a second. “Sunny-ah. I wanted to see her doing actual work up close,” he said while he laughed. Gah his smile was so attractive.

“She doesn’t count. She’s your friend. Who’s next?”

“Uhm. Uh… Hara-ssi.” Another squeal came from the girls.

“Omo, omo. Why?” Shinyoung almost seemed more excited that Hara was.

“Uhm she seems very nice and I’d like to get to know her better.”

Was that seriously all he was worrying about? Omo, Taeyeon what am I going to do with you? That was one of the most generic replies to that question. Literately every idol has probably said that at least once in their life. I suddenly felt relieved. I don’t even know why I was worrying that much anyway. It was Taeyeon.

“Ohh, I see. Then who?” we could see Shinyoung eyeing Juyeon, who was now looking at him.

“Hmm, Narsha-ssi?” All their faces went flat.

“Then who?” She asked again.

We saw him look around and then realize what was going on. “Don’t worry Juyeon-ssi you’re not last.”

“Then what am I? She asked curiously.

He stopped for a second and looked at her. “What do you want to be?”

Sunny and Shinyoung both started laughing. “Isn’t that a little offensive?” You could hear Shinyoung say it softly to Sunny.

“Uh I don’t know, around second?” She sounded hopeful.

“Okay, then you’re second.”  She did a little victory dance.

“That was worse,” Sunny said quietly to Shinyoung.

“What about me then?”

“Yeah, Hara was second,” Shinyoung argued.

“Well then she’ll be first,” he said as he smiled at them all.

Ahh. That must have been it. It still wasn’t that big of a deal, he obviously looked like he didn’t mean it.

But then I noticed Hara blushing a little. Omo, did she actually like him? It couldn’t be. It’s clearly for the show right? Hara continued on and did a little movement signaling her excited-ness.

“Yah, don’t be like that. You’ll cause a scandal,” Shinyoung scolded in a playful manner.

“That’s okay,” she replied confidently.

Everyone started laughing. “She’s fine. She doesn’t care about things like that,” Shinyoung said looking in to the camera.

“We’re only a year apart. It’s totally fine,” Hara replied again. Everyone laughed again and Shinyoung made a really funny face at her.

Alright. Maybe I was a little mad. Okay, a lot mad. It wasn’t at Taeyeon though. He hadn’t acted wrongly in any way. The director did tell him to say Hara, he told me later that day he wanted to say Narsha too because she was so funny. Which I could definitely live with watching Narsha unnie trying to flirt with him, it would have been hilarious. Hara on the other hand I wasn’t that okay with.

 “Goo Hara, were you born in Korea?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Ahh then never mind it won’t cause a scandal, he’s in to foreigners,” Shinyoung replied earning more laughs from everyone, except for Hara. It then went to commercial.

When it came back on it showed the other team picking grapes. Their segment was pretty hilarious. With Narsha and Sooyoung there you really could not have a bad time. As time went on these past months I have come to learn that Sooyoung was one funny guy, you seriously couldn’t not be smiling when he was in the room, with his witty comebacks or if he were just being his fun self you would have a good time.

We watched them for a while before it went to a commercial break again. I was getting sleepy now. I really had to finish watching the show though. I didn’t want to miss any of Taeyeon’s cute moments.

The show was back on and it now showed the start of a dog house coming together and two people working on it. Taeyeon and Sunny were both working away.

“Sunny, how did we get stuck out here doing all the work?”

“It’s alright, I usually do everything anyway. At least I have help now,” she said and laughed.

It cut to the other three who were inside cooking food. Shinyoung was cutting vegetables very skillfully while the other two started making the rice and attempted to make another side dish. A few minutes later Hara started making french toast while everything else was cooking. Omo everything did look really good, gah I guess I’m hungry too. After it goes to a break again I’m totally going to have to find something to eat.

“I’ll be back soon,” Hara said on the television.

“What? Where are you going?”

“To our Taeyeon, of course.” I gripped the arm of the sofa. He is not your Taeyeon. He is my Taeyeon you little witch. Ugh, I could have given her a piece of my mind right now.

Calm down Tiffany, I repeated to myself. She was just putting on a show. Taeyeon was an attractive idol though, plenty of girls will flirt with him and I totally understood why they would want to.

“Since when is he ours?” Shinyoung asked.

Hara quickly replied, “I don’t know.” She then went out to the two working. “Oppa~ try some,” she cutely called while she handed Taeyeon a bite. The more I watched her the more it seemed like she actually did have a small crush on him. She must be really good at faking affection, or…

“Sunny-ah, do you think Hara really likes him?”

“Yeah,” she replied bluntly. I quickly turned my head to her.

“What? R-really?”

“Yeah she told me that he was her ideal type after they left.”

“Are you kidding me?!” I accidently yelled. I couldn’t believe it. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Tiffany calm down. It seriously isn’t that big of a deal,” Jessica complained.

I looked at them incredulously. It was totally a big deal. One of Korea’s top idols liking my boyfriend was not okay. Do you know how big of a threat that is? Ugh she’s so cute too. I stood up and walked to my room. I didn’t want to watch anymore of the show, I just wanted to call Taeyeon. I lay on my bed and pulled out my phone dialing the number I have come to learn by heart.

It played the dial back tone, which was not one of our songs anymore but their title track. I almost hung up because it was taking so long, but then I heard an echoed voice answer.

“Yeboseyo?” 

“Taeyeon?” I heard myself echo again, wait was I on speaker phone? Omo, I didn’t even think about what he was doing right now.

“Ne, I’m on a radio show right now,” he said while laughing. Oh yeah this wasn’t good.

“Tiffany-ssi do you always call Taeyeon-ssi this late at night?” I heard another person ask. It sort of sounded like Shindong oppa.

More importantly, what do I say? Oh god Tiffany think…

Ah-ha! “Aniyo~, the girls and I were watching the episode of Invincible Youth that guest appeared on tonight and I wanted to see if they were watching it too,” I paused. “But I can now see that they were not.”

I heard laughter and was relieved that they bought it. I mentally praised myself for coming up with that so quickly.

“Tiffany-ah I’ll call you back soon,” Taeyeon had said once the laughter subsided.

“Okay! Sorry for interrupting your show! Bye!”

I hung up and lay back on my bed. I’m not really sure when I fell asleep exactly, but the next thing I know it was morning.

I checked my phone to see the time. It was 9 am and omo. I had three missed calls and two new texts. One of the calls was from Tae while the other two were from our manager. Hmm. Odd. Whatever. I opened the messaging feature and read the texts.

Text Message
From: Taetae

I’m sorry about that! They saw you on the caller ID and told me I should answer it! Call me when you read this!

I smiled. He makes it so hard for me to be mad at him. Was I even mad? Maybe, but it wasn’t at him. I’m not really sure anymore. I shook my head and opened the next message.

Text Message
From: Manager Oppa

We have to talk.

I gulped. So I guess he listened to the radio last night. Yeah this wasn’t going to be pleasant.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry! I'm really bad at drama everyone, please forgive me!
Thank you to everyone who comments! It really brightens my day to read them all!
I hope you continue to enjoy my story! ^^