Performances

Into the New World

I want to give a big thank you to everyone who has subscribed to this story!
I hope you all enjoy!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

We were finally inside the KBS building. Seeing all these artists here was something, I’ve been watching them all for so long. I just couldn’t imagine that I was now the person that people watched.

We went to our designated room and set our bags down. Our manager had just come in as he told us to gather around so he could tell us what’s going on.

“Alright. We’ll be going out in about 20 minutes for the run through and then straight in to hair and make-up.” We nodded and he continued. Since you all moved up in the charts so much this past week we’ll be going fourth from last. Which is really good for where we are right now, I’m really proud of you guys.” He thn pulled us in to a giant hug. He was really like an older brother to us. He had been there through most of our training, helping us out, telling us what we need to work on and just encouraging us immensely.

“Hey is it okay if we go look around?” Sooyoung asked. I knew he was going to look for food, but I didn’t say anything. I was curious to go walk around too.

“Go ahead. Just make sure you’re on stage in 15 okay?”

“Okay hyung!” we all called after him while leaving.

We saw so many people that we’ve only seen on television or just in passing. It was like I was at a zoo. I just kept staring at all the other artists, not wanting to disturb any of them, but also not wanting to look away.

“Omo is that Gain?!” I heard Yuri ask quietly from behind me. All I could do was nod because it was none other than BEG’s Gain not more than 15 feet from us. This is so crazy.

I suddenly ran into the back of Sooyoung. He was stopped for some reason. I began to say something but then I heard him apologizing repeatedly. I looked around the side of him to realize that he had run in to Goo Hara. The Hara. She was even prettier in person. A little behind her was Park Gyuri. Jesus Soo why don’t you just take out all of KARA while you’re at it? I shook my head and also began to apologize.

“I am so sorry. He has a one track mind, and right now it’s on food,” I said trying to explain.

They laughed at me. “No, it’s fine. We weren’t really paying attention either,” she paused. “Uhmm. Sorry, but who are you guys? I don’t think I’ve seen you all around before,” she said while slightly smiling.

Crap we didn’t even greet them yet. Where are our manners? I shook my head as I pulled Yuri up beside us to make a proper introduction. “We are TYS. My name is –“

“Wait a minute. You’re the ones that were on Star Golden Bell with SNSD right?” Gyuri interrupted. “Tae something and Sooyoung?”

I was completely shocked. Park Gyuri knew what our names were, well kind of. I was screaming on the inside as I responded, “You’re right, Kim Taeyeon. It’s very nice to meet you both.”

“We’re really, really big fans,” Yuri added in dorkily. The two girls giggled and thanked us.

“We’re late for our run through, we’ll see you again I’m sure.”

Just like that they were gone and we had ten minutes left to locate food. A couple minutes later we found a vending machine. I swear Sooyoung almost jumped for joy. We then made our way to the stage. I knew we only had a few minutes before it was our turn to walkthrough.

When it was our turn we walked our way on to the stage we just saw KARA leave. I couldn’t believe that we were there. It was so surreal to be on the stage and seeing all the cameras and lights set up. I could definitely get used to this. Our walk through went smoothly, after that we went into our room again and waited for the makeup crew to come in.

Our manager had us get in to our outfits while we waited. Since we were one of the last to preform, we were also one of the last ones to have our makeup done. We didn’t have our own stylist or anything yet, so we had to wait on a company provided one.

Eventually two ladies had come in and started fixing our hair and makeup. It wasn’t much, just enough to make us look better on camera. I then heard a knock on the door. Before I could turn my head I heard a voice call in.

“Hello!”

That sounded familiar. I turned and saw none other than Lee Sunny walking in our room, soon after the other three were following behind.

I quickly stood and bowed. “What are you guys doing here?”

“We heard that you were here and that it was your first live stage. We wanted to tell you good luck,” she cheerfully explained.

The makeup lady had just given me the nod of approval. Yuri was the last one to go. I walked to the now silent girls in our room.

“Well thank you so much for coming to visit. Wow you guys look great.” I froze. Did I really just say that aloud? Oh no, I totally did. “Erm, uh I mean you usually look great it’s just that, uh. Wow, I’m sorry,” I said as I looked straight to the ground.

“Don’t be. You guys don’t clean up to bad yourselves,” Tiffany had said as her eyes turned in to the most perfect crescent shape I had ever seen. Wow I really need to sit down.

“Oh! By the way you guys are in,” Sunny said with a big smile.

“Wait, what do you mean?”

“Talk to your manager oppa, we have to go now bye!”

Before I could even try to respond they were out of our room. What the hell was she talking about? Whatever, I couldn’t focus on that. We would be going on stage in less than 20 minutes.

We were all really nervous. It was our first performance on a stage, a live performance at that. It will be aired, on television, for everyone to see. I took a deep breath. I looked at Soo and Yuri, they didn’t look too confident either. I figured I better say something being the leader and all. I know it was just a formality, but they really seemed to respect the choice and usually take what I have to say especially well.

“We’re going to do fine guys. We practiced years for this. We can do it,” I said with a false sense of courage. It seemed that they didn’t pick up on the facade either. They looked a little less stressed at least.

Minutes later we were being led to the stage by a coordinator. After getting our mics on we just had to wait for the group before us to get done with their song. I heard the music come to an end and my heart start to race.

We bowed to the artists as the came down the stairs, I couldn’t even focus on who it was at this point. I then heard one of them give an encouraging ‘Fighting!’ It made me smile. The support between some groups is incredible. Even though were basically all fighting for the same thing, we can all come together and support one another. It was a really special thing I thought.

As we took our spots on stage I saw the lights dim.  I heard a click in my ear signaling that the mic was now live.

Then there was music.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Come on guys, were going to miss them,” Sunny told us while pulling me along to the stage area.

“Miss who Unnie?”

“TYS, I think they’re next,” she finally explained.

“Why are you so obsessed with them recently?” Jessica asked rudely.

Seriously, she talks about them so often, I know we’re their sunbaes and everything but this is still a little much. We didn’t even keep tabs that well on Jessica’s little sisters group that debuted a few months ago, and they’re related!

“I think they’re interesting, that’s why. I really want to see them preform though, I’ve only heard their single.”

“Is it any good?”

Sunny stopped and looked back at us. “You guys didn’t listen to it?”

I shook my head, it totally slipped my mind. I’ve been busy this week with promoting ‘Genie’ on radio shows.

“Wow. You guys have to see them then. Yah Jessi, you’ll see why he only trained for two years,” she said while smirking.

I had totally forgotten that he was SM’s new wonder boy. I’ll admit after hearing that I was totally interested. I wanted to see what all the hype was about.

We got to the side of the stage where we could watch. Just in time too, I saw Jea unnie and her group walking down the stairs and the three boys walking up.

“Unnie!” I turned to see who had called one of us.

“Hey Hara! What are you doing here?” Sunny asked after releasing from the hug.

“Gyuri unnie and I wanted to watch the new guys. We bumped in to them in the hall earlier,” she said laughing a little. “They’re so attractive.”

“Especially the tall one,” Gyuri added while being shushed by our maknae.

“Shh, they’re starting!”

I heard the music start as the three bodies began dancing smoothly, it was a slower song. Then they started to sing.

My jaw dropped. I could not believe that that powerful of a voice came out of him. He hit every note perfectly smooth, I literately had chills.

It then switched to the one I was pretty sure was Yuri. He wasn’t bad, but he was also nowhere near Taeyeon’s level. His voice had huskiness to it, almost similar to my own. Not in a bad way by any means but it definitely wasn’t Taeyeon. It returned to Taeyeon and I still could not believe this. Seriously the best male singer I’ve ever heard. The control he had with his voice was outrageous. The next verse went to the tall one. He quickly sung/spoke his part. I’m assuming he’s the rapper of the group. It wasn’t bad, he sounded comfortable and fluid.

“Wow, they’re really good,” I heard Seo comment at the end. That was an understatement.

“See I told you guys! That’s what intrigues me about them. You’d never expect those three to be able to do that.”

Sunny was right. If he was capable of that, he was probably capable of more than it seemed.

They were headed toward us coming off the stage when I heard shouting.

“Taeyeon oppa, that was so good!” “Ahh daebak!”

It was Hara and Gyuri. I laughed to myself. ‘Have fun with those two,’ I told them mentally. It’s nothing about them personally. I liked the two of them; it’s just that they are uh, quite a handful.

The boy’s facial expressions were priceless though. They looked like they had just seen a ghost. They bowed repeatedly and Sunny called for them to come toward us.

“That was so good,” she said while beaming to them.

When they finally reached us they had bowed and thanked her.

“Yeah you all were great,” our maknae added.

They still looked really tense. I don’t know what they could be nervous about. They just killed it out there. I still get a little nervous before I preform but that was all gone afterward

“Hey guys, calm down,” I tried to encourage them. “You really did great, you’ll have nothing to worry about.” I gave them a smile as I saw Taeyeon looking straight at me. I was almost sure that I saw his eyes soften after I said that, but it was probably the lighting back here.

I heard a man then call for them.

“Oh Taeng, its hyung, we gotta go.”

“Oh right. Sorry our manager wants us. Good luck later!”

We all thanked him and they turned to leave.

“See you Monday!” Sunny yelled after them.

I shook my head. “I still can’t believe you were able to get that arranged so quickly.”

Sunny had miraculously got the director to let us have daily dads on the next episode we filmed. The dads would be none other than TYS.

“I don’t think it was that hard, they’re new, they probably don’t have many appearances yet.”

She had a point. Their schedule right now was just practice and sleep. Although I didn’t think that would be the case for too much longer based off that performance.

The rest of the night was a blur as we preformed, and then won this week’s award.

We had finally changed back into our normal clothes and were headed to our van to go home. I saw a bunch of fans with signs reading our names and words of encouragement when we drove out of the parking garage.  I smiled. I really did love them. They made all of this possible; we would never be able to thank them enough.

“Ahh our first win for Genie! Do you think we’ll win Inkigayo this week too?”

“I don’t know Seo, our song does have a lot of popularity right now,” I replied honestly.

“We probably will, but I heard 2NE1 was releasing a new single soon, so we might not hold it for long,” Jessica replied.

She was always straight with us. She didn’t try to sugar coat anything and I really enjoyed that about her. Jessica really helped keep us grounded, never letting us get ahead of ourselves. She really was a great leader.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't be afraid to comment! ^^
Thank you again!