Rumors

Into the New World

 

“You couldn’t listen to one thing I said Taeyeon?” He sounded so angry.

“Hyung I couldn’t pick anyone but her, she is my ideal type, my only type. I lo-“

“Don’t Taeyeon. Please. It makes this harder,” he said with a new tone. It was almost sympathetic. “We’re going to have to let the president know about you two. Before any more rumors go around.”

I just looked down. What rumors was he even talking about? More importantly, had I just ruined my career? My group’s career? Oh go-

“I assume you two are still together, right?” I was slightly taken back by his question. I took a deep breath and replied.

“Y-yes Hyung, we are.” I figured there was no point in lying now.

I heard him sigh. “I don’t know what will happen after this, but I’ll try my hardest to not let it ruin anything.”

I continued to just look down. I couldn’t face the other three people in the car right now. I really didn’t want them to get in to any trouble.

“I’m not trying to hurt you Taeng, I want you to know that. I don’t care that you’re dating, I’m actually happy for you. It’s just that I don’t want to lose my job either. Not telling the president about this... Could you imagine if he found out through a magazine or the internet? We would all be in deep trouble, well deeper trouble.”

I guess I did see his point. I was just glad that he said he didn’t mind it. I understood why he was so against it though, I totally didn’t think about it from his perspective in much detail before. I knew Hyung wasn’t that kind of a person.

“Maybe with you guys coming to him and talking to him about it he won’t be as mad?” Sooyoung questioned. He had a good point as well.

“That’s what I’m hoping. No one that I’ve heard of has had a relationship while under SM, so I don’t even know what to expect. I’m going to call their manager when we get back and see when we can schedule a meeting.”

I did feel better after hearing Hyung’s words, but I just couldn’t get past the fact that I may have just ruined Sooyoung and Yuri’s career. I didn’t care as much about mine, I mean I cared, but it was something I did so I had to be responsible, but they were completely innocent.

“I’m really sorry guys,” I said aloud.

“For?”

“For bringing you all in to this. I won’t let you guys get punished. I’ll take full responsibility.”

“Oh Taengo shut up.” I quickly looked to where the voice came from. “You know were both here for you.”

“No matter what,” Sooyoung added.

Awhile later we were heading up to our dorm. I couldn’t help but think about the whole situation I put us in. I did feel bad, but I didn’t regret it at all. I love Tiffany and if the President knows that then fine, one down and however many more to tell. Wait a minute.

“Hyung,” I said in a questioning tone.

“Yeah?”

“So if we’re telling the President does that mean I won’t have to sneak around anymore? Can I call her whenever I want and maybe even see her more?” All of a sudden I felt excited. Seeing more of Tiffany was all I ever wanted. Oh wow, that sounded bad. Not in that way.

Okay maybe in that way too, but... wait stop Taeyeon.

I heard him chuckle once. “You always see the plus side huh kid. I guess so, but probably not publically and there will still be restrictions from me and this is all even if we live through the meeting. Shoot that reminds me, I need to call their manager.” He was pulling out his phone just as I did the same.

Walking into the dorm I heard my favorite voice.

“Yeboseyo?”

“Fany-ahhhhh!”

I heard her laugh and immediately smiled. “What?”

“Don’t what me, I have big news.”

“What is it?” She sounded curious.

“Hyung is probably talking to your manager right now. He wants to schedule a meeting to tell the President about us.”

“…”

“Tiffany? Did you hear me? I said that my mana-“

“I heard you. Are you being serious right now?”

“Yeah, I am completely serious,” I said. Why would she think that was a joke?

“Taeyeon,” she was quiet. “We could get in big trouble.”

“No don’t worry about that. If anyone will get in trouble it’ll be me, I’ll take the blame Tiffany. I won’t let you get in trouble.”

“But Tae,” she started before I cut her off.

“But nothing Tiffany, I’m looking forward to see what he has to say.”

“Taeyeon what if he tells us that we can’t happen? What if he makes us brake up? What if he-“

“Stop Fany-ah,” I ordered. I didn’t want her stressing out about this or anything really. I could hear the worry in her voice. “We’ll be alright. I promise.” I needed her to believe it. Heck, I needed to believe it.

“Kim Taeyeon! How can you promise me something like that?” I wasn’t really sure how I could either. I just know that I can't lose her.

“I don’t know Fany… We need to believe it though,” I said with my voice becoming weak. “I can’t lose you.”

Thoughts were now filling my head. What if she’s right? What if he tells us we can’t be together? What if he kicks me out of the company? Will Sooyoung and Yuri be punished because of me too? I wasn’t too worried about SNSD’s future. 100 scandals couldn’t knock them out, everyone loved them. Especially SM. I was worried about Tiffany though. I didn’t want her to be punished for this.

“You know that won’t happen pabo-yah. You’re stuck with me remember?” I could tell she was trying to cheer me up now and I appreciated it immensely, so I decided to change the subject.

“You guys did great earlier.”

“Jinjja? I wasn’t too sure with it. I think I missed a step or two.”

“You didn’t, I watched you the whole time,” I said confidently. She did it perfectly; I don’t know why she always doubts it.

“Yah you’re supposed to watch all of us Taeyeon, not just me,” she scolded.

I was taken back. Why is she yelling at me for paying attention to her? Was she serious right now? It wasn’t even my fault! “Well maybe if you didn’t look so good in your outfit I would have!” Oh no.

I…I actually said that aloud. Oh wow this is embarassing. I closed my eyes and waited for another yell, but nothing came. Wait a second. What’s that noise? Is she…?

“Yah Tiffany are you laughing at me?” I heard her more clearly now. She was totally laughing at me. “What’s so funny?”

“Ani, it’s nothing,” she said through giggles.

“Fany-ah, you better tell me or I’ll-“

“I just wanted to hear you say it,” she explained while cutting me off.

What is she even talking about? I tell her how pretty she is like daily. It’s one of the main thoughts that fill my head.

“Fany, I tell you that I think you’re pretty every day though,” I said with a confused tone.

“I know. I just like hearing it.” I shook my head. Girls are way too confusing.

“Aigoo, and you say that I’m too much, are you kidding me Tiffany Hwang?” I heard her laughing loudly again.

“Ahh speaking of pretty, who was TYS’s ideal type?”

“Oh I totally forgot to tell you about that. We did it was a group up to the last eight and then did it individually!”

“Ahh jinjja?! Who did you all pick then?”

“Well,” I smirked. “I picked this really pretty idol from the best girl group in the country.”

“Oh yeah? What’s her name?”

“I’m not really sure. She has long dark hair and the prettiest eye smile in the world. I think her name started with a T or something,” I said playfully.

“Yah~” she cutely whined causing me to smile. “Who did Yuri or Sooyoung pick?”

“Okay well Yuri picked Im Yonna, the actress you know?”

“Taeyeon, of course I know.  I don’t live under a rock,” she replied sassily. I really loved this side of her. It was so fun and playful.

“Okay gosh, and then Soo picked, uh… He picked Jessica.”

“Wait... My Jessica?” I made an affirmative sound. “Jessica Jung?”

“Yes. He’s liked her since I can even remember. I guess I can say it now since it will all be out soon anyway,” I said while I started to laugh.

“Oh my god. That is so cute,” she yelled. “I don’t think they match well though.”

“Really?” I never was good at the whole matching people up thing so I was sort of curious at what she meant.

“Mhm, I can’t see him with someone like her. He needs someone with a lot of energy, and wit. Oh! Maybe someone like Bora-ssi, or like Sunny-ah! Yeah they would match well.” I guess I could see where she was coming from. “Oh, I’ve got to go, Oppa is here. I’ll call you later! I love you.”

And just like that the line went dead. I shook my head. She was really something. I didn’t even get to say it back. I headed to our living room where I saw Yuri and Sooyoung both around a laptop. Hmm.

“What are you guys doing?”

“Looking ourselves up online,” Yuri said casually. What in the?

“Uh, why?”

“Seriously? So we can see what people are saying about us.”

“Yeah, and all the rumors and stuff about us. Look Soo people really loved you on Invincible Youth, you too Tae.”

What really? Wait! Rumors!

“What rumors are there about me out there right now?”

“I’m not sure. I haven’t looked you up in a while. Let’s see here,” he said as he hit some of the keys on the laptop. “Oh my god you have way more results than I do!” He looked like he was reading something on the screen, but he wasn’t saying anything. Ugh!

“Well what do they say?”

“Oh! Right. Well, there are quite a few websites dedicated to you. Seriously the fans really love you.”

“Yuri, rumors,” I reminded him. Don’t get me wrong I was very taken back and happy that I have multiple websites dedicated to me alone, it was just that I was more interested in what these rumors were right now.

“Right, right, let me see- Here’s one. People think that you and Hara are together.” I grimaced. That wasn’t good. “Look! They think you guys are cute together. There are even screen caps from Invincible Youth,” he said as he turned the screen to show me. “You guys are pretty cu- Ouch!”

“That’s what you get. Don’t say those things pabo-yah,” I said after smacking the side of his head. “Is there anything else?” Although those were unfortunate rumors, I’m sure they weren’t the ones Hyung was worried about.

“Aish, let me look.” He then turned the laptop back in front of him. After a few more clicks and keystrokes he spoke again. “Oh.”

“Oh? Oh what?” Oh god what could it be? I hadn’t done anything wrong have I?

“Well if you ever decide to go public it looks like everyone already supports you dating Tiffany. Look,” he said while turning the screen. “People already think you two are together.”

“What?” I was totally shocked. We had been so careful though. I looked at the screen.

The page’s headline read ‘SNSD’s Tiffany and TYS’s Taeyeon dating?’ Well crap. This is what Hyung was talking about I guess.

“Hey don’t look so down Tae. At least the fans don’t hate it, look they even made a couple name for you.”

He was right. It could have gone completely bad. SNSD’s fans were die hard to say the least. If they didn’t like something they made sure the internet was well aware. I remember Tiffany telling me something about how a bunch of fans didn’t like it when she got her hair cut short a while back, if they could get upset over a trivial thing like hair, imagine what they’d to a boyfriend they didn’t approve of. I couldn’t even want to think about it.

“Do-do they have any proof,” I finally asked.

“Uh, wha- I don’t know hold on.” He then turned the screen back to him. After a minute or so of various clicks and keystrokes he finally spoke. “Nope, it’s all just speculation. All this article says is how it appears that you two are really close and that you are always seen together… It looks like people did notice your couple necklace though, and everyone is saying how ‘Beautiful Stranger is totally about Tiffany.”

Awesome and I thought we were doing a good job hiding it. This Ideal Type World Cup definitely wasn’t going to help anything either. Maybe we should be more careful? No. I don’t care if people know. I’m not ashamed or anything of her. Why would I be? Ahh but I also didn’t want anything to get out though and hurt either one of our groups. Gosh this was such a situation.

“Does it say anything about Sica and I?” I looked at Sooyoung. “What? I’m just asking!”

Yuri laughed and typed on the keyboard again.

“Sorry buddy, nothing, well… Someone got a picture of you and Hyuna hugging at that event remember? Nothing really on it, it looks like Hyuna said how you two knew each other.”

“Aish. That’s no fair. Are fans pairing me up with anyone?” He looked slightly hopeful.

“Actually yeah, you’ll never guess who though…. Wow.”

“Yuri just tell me!”

“Fine, fine you don’t have to yell. They are pairing you up with Sunny.”

I laughed aloud at that. Tiffany literately just said something about Sunny as well. Little did everyone know though, she has had the same boyfriend for like a year. Wait a minute. How in the heck are they keeping it so well. That isn’t even fair.

I caught myself yawning. Whatever. I’m tired. “Thanks for showing me that Yul, I’m going to go to sleep first. Don’t stay up too late alright? We have practice early tomorrow,” I said as I left the other two on the computer.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it took so long to update!
I have finally caught up to myself posting. From now on the updates will be coming slower as I'm writing them just before I put them on here.
I hope you will all be patient with me and continue to enjoy my story!
Don't forget to comment, subscribe, or upvote!