Episode 3

Into the New World

 

 

I was being woken up early, again. Today we were going to be rehearsing for the concerts in Japan coming up! Wah! The first one was actually in ten days now that I’m thinking about it. Then we would have another one the next night!

It was also going to be the first time we perform there, so I was pretty excited about it. I could finally put all those lessons to use!

The thing I wasn’t excited about however, was that we’ve had those same Japanese lessons almost every day. I could definitely sue SM for torture right? Yeah, I didn’t think so either…

I stepped out of my room and found Hyung and Soo waiting in the living room. I chuckled. Waiting on Yuri, I should have known.

“Taeng, where’s your stuff?” Uh what.

“My stuff?” I had no idea what he was talking about…

“Yeah, didn’t I tell you about you meeting the PD today?” Oh !

“Right, right. Sorry hyung,” I said as I scurried back in to my room. Apparently I was supposed to meet with a producer today to talk about our next single, if he had time that is. Oh well, I should be prepared regardless. I got out one of my backpacks and put a few of my notebooks inside. Hopefully there was a good enough song in here.

Within the next twenty minutes we arrived at SM. We waved at a few of the fans who were waiting outside before we entered, but I was more concerned about why they weren’t in school… It wasn’t a holiday was it? Maybe there were on a bre- what the hell!

A big camera was shoved in my face. I jumped back a little. “An-annyeonghaseyo,” I said after I gathered myself. I then saw that he was trying to hand me something. Omo, was that? I took it from his hand.

“Wah~! A mission card. Jinjja?” I looked around to see my manager nodding.

“Ne, you’ll be filming today Taeng.” I did a little dance. Woo~! I’m not even sure if I was more excited to see Tiffany or get out of the impending doom that was the Japanese lesson we were about to attend. “Good luck! We’ll catch up to you later.” Wait a second.

They were leaving me just like that? What the heck? I looked at the cameraman but I got nothing from him. Uh, well what am I supposed to do n-. Duh Taeyeon. I shook my head and opened the card in my hand.

“To: Taeyeon-ssi,

Please go to studio B on the B1 level and wait for further instructions.

-We Are Dating Staff”

“Well that’s pretty ominous, don’t ya think,” I asked the cameraman, who didn’t say anything back. “Right,” I paused. “Follow me.” A thought popped in my head. “Wait a minute. I need to stop somewhere first.”

__________________________________________________________________________

I hopped out of the van and almost ran in to the SM building. Once I read the mission card oppa gave me I knew exactly what we were doing. I knew that the camera that met us at our van was a little suspicious. I was so excited though. I didn’t even wait for the rest of my members to get out of the van. I hopped in the elevator and hit the button to go to the basement.

Moving swiftly from the elevator I opened the door to studio B. Everyone in the room jerked their heads toward me, oops, so I guess I was being kind of loud…  Oh well, I didn’t care at all once I saw my favorite smile flashing right at me.

“Fany-ah,” he said as he stood up. I made my way to him and pulled him in to a hug.

“Tae, we’re going to record a song today!” I heard him laugh.

“You sure seem excited.” I hummed and pulled away. Before I could speak again his lips were pressed to mine, only for a second, but it was perfect. “Good morning. Did you eat?” Ugh!

 “Ani, but that doesn’t matter Taeyeon, we’re recoding a song!” I couldn’t believe it! “I’ve wanted to do this ever since you sang ‘Nagging.’” He grinned again.

“I told you,” he said as he pointed to the cameraman. Wait what? “Come here,” he then directed me toward the table in the room and made me sit down. “Eat.”

“Tae I-“

“Fany-ah I bought this earlier because I knew you probably didn’t eat anything.” I grinned. He was seriously so thoughtful. Wah~! I felt my cheeks warming up.

“Thank you baby.” He kissed the top of my head.

“Don’t worry about it. We have to wait on Kenzie anyway,” he explained as I unwrapped the sandwich. “I think she’s going to help us like she did Sooyoung and Sunny.”

“MMM,” I hummed with my mouth full. That reminded me, I hurriedly swallowed the bite and started speaking for real. “Our song has to be cuter than theirs Tae!” They could not beat us out of the top k-pop couple. I would not stand for it.

I knew they weren’t a public couple yet, hell they’ve only been officially dating for a few days anyway. I chuckled. I still couldn’t believe Sooyoung asked her, but I knew Sunny wasn’t going to ask him either. So I was very glad to hear the news.

I don’t think she was going to even tell me about it either, until Taeyeon brought it up that is. I was a little mad and surprised he didn’t tell me the whole evening, but I quickly got over it once Sunny started telling us how it went down.

Apparently after filming ended for WGM he asked her if she wanted to get something to eat, and when they did he just blurted it out mid conversation. I laughed when she said that, but I guess that was very like Sooyoung. Ugh, I wish we would have been there too, but Taeyeon said that he probably wouldn’t have asked her if we were. He was probably right, but I still wish I would have been there.

Even though I was as happy as I could be for the two of them, I still wanted to be on top. Ugh, if they ever did go public Taeyeon and I would have serious competition. They had tons of fans. WGM really made people love them as an actual pairing, not just in Korea either. They had fans all over Asia.

I not even sure why I felt like I needed to be the best, it was Sunny for crying out loud!

I heard him laugh as his hands fell to my shoulders. He started gently massaging them.

“Tiffany, I wrote their song. I can definitely write us a cuter one, okay?” Oh god, I didn’t know a massage could feel so good. I hummed and leaned back in to him a little. I heard his laugh get huskier. “Does that feel good?” I nodded, but only one thought crossed my mind. I definitely know something else that would feel even better. No!

Tiffany, stop! You cannot have these kinds of thoughts this early in the morning! I shook my head and cleared my throat.

“Wait.” Something he said a minute ago just registered in my mind. “I want to help write it.”

“What?”

“The song Tae, I want to help. I don’t want you to write the whole thing.”

“Oh, jinjja?” I hummed. “While I was waiting I marked a few of the ones I’ve already written that we could use,” he said as he pointed to an open notebook farther down on the table. Omo. Hold the freaking phone!

He was going to let me, Tiffany Hwang, read the songs he’s already written? Oh my god. He’s never even let me listen to the songs he has recorded until they’re released! I had to look in tha-

“But it’s fine, we can write one if you want.” He removed his hands from my shoulders and started for the notebook.

“ANI! I mean, uhh… ani. Can I see what you marked? I might really like one of those,” I said sort of cutely. “It’ll save us the trouble of writing one~.”

“Okay,” he agreed. Really it was that easy? “Just look at the ones I marked though okay?” I smiled wide. I knew he was going to say something, being the little brat that he is…

“Yes sir!” I reached out for the notebook like a child wanting candy. I started reading the first one just as the door opened.

“Ah Tiffany-ah, Taeyeon-ah! Long time no see,” I heard her joke. I didn’t want to take my eyes off this song. Aish, I needed to greet her though…

“Annyeonghaseyo unnie. Treat us well today,” I bowed. I bowed again to her husband who came in right behind her. They usually worked on songs together; I’m actually surprised it wasn’t him who helped out Sunny and Sooyoung. Hmm whatever. I returned immediately back to the notebook.

The first one that he marked was undeniably cute, but I wanted to see what the other choices were. I wanted to tell him first that I really liked this one, but when I looked up I saw him chatting with Kenzie and her husband. Oh well, I’ll just tell him later. I looked for the next marked page and… wait a second.

If he was busy, it wouldn’t hurt to take a peek at the unmarked pages would it?

I didn’t think so…

I flipped a couple of pages to the next song. It still blew my mind that this kid, this cute, sweet, goofy kid wrote all of these, for me. Wah~ it made my heart go crazy. Seriously, I could not stop smiling. My cheeks were even starting to hurt.

I turned the page and started reading the next song. This one wasn’t a duet but I loved it from the first line. This was seriously so cute. Omo. It just got cuter and cuter as I read on and-

“Fany-ah~! You weren’t supposed to read that one!” Crap! I’ve been caught. I laughed as he tried to snatch the book away, but I was able to stop him.

“Ani, Tae. I really like it. Let’s do this one,” I suggested. He stopped and looked at me.

“Re-really?” I nodded. “Which one is it?” I held up the notebook so he could see. “Aish, Fany, that one isn’t even a duet. You can’t sing parts of it either because it’s all coming from my perspective.”

He had a point. Ugh… Wait a minute! Oh my god Tiffany Hwang you are a genius.

“Let’s add in a part from my perspective then.”

“What?”

“I can write a verse that is like yours, but from my point of view. We can keep everything else the same,” I said excitedly. That was totally a good idea! I looked to see Taeyeon staring off at nothing. “That’s a good idea, right?” He was still frozen. “Tae?”

“Oh, sorry. That could actually work babe. What do you think Kenzie-ssi?” She took the note book and looked over it with her husband. I was literately crossing my fingers.

“Who would sing first?” I looked to her husband and then at Taeyeon.

“I don’t care it’s up to you.” Aish… I should have known he would make me choose. I almost spoke up, but Kenzie unnie did instead.

“I think Tiffany should sing first, and then when Taeyeon sings he can just continue in to the next part, don’t you think yeobo?” I watched as he started to nod.

“Yeah, I think so too now that you bring it up.” I mentally cheered. This was so going to work. “While you all fix the lyrics, I’ll see if we can find some music for it,” he said as he went to the computer in the room.

“Okay, sounds good. Tiffany, you just need to write, what is it… One, two… about five lines? It shouldn’t be too hard.” I nodded.

“I can help you.” Oh no you don’t!

“Nuh uh Tae. I want to do it on my own,” I insisted. Since the template was pretty much already there this wouldn’t be hard at all to write. He sighed. “Fine, have it your way.” He rummaged through his bag. “Here,” he said as he handed me a pencil. “Just use a new sheet. There should be some in the back.” I flipped to the back and he was right. I ripped a sheet out and started my writing.

Er. Well I tried to anyway… It was a lot harder than I expected it to be.

“PD-nim,” Taeyeon called out about ten minutes later. “Are we performing this at the Valentine’s Day Special too?”

“Ne, you will be.” Wah! That was even better news. Not only would I get to record a song with him, I’ll get to perform it too? Omo!

“Who else is going to be there?”

“Mostly WGM couples. We’re bringing back some of the ones that have already ended too. Like UEE-ssi and Park Jaejung-ssi will be performing a dance, Seohyun-ssi and Yonghwa-ssi will be performing their song too. Things like that,” she explained. I perked up at the mentioning of my Seohyun.

“Jinjja,” I asked. She hummed.

“I think we’ll be having everyone’s group perform too, so Taeyeon-ssi you might be on stage three times,” she laughed. He did too.

“I can do it! Don’t worry.” I smiled.

“It will be live though, so for your sake I hope they don’t have you back to back.” He laughed again.

“Oh it’ll be alright!” I smiled even bigger. He was so cute. “Fany-ah, how’s it coming?” Crap! I’ve been paying attention to them.

“Uh, fine? I’m almost done!” I turned my attention back to the paper.

“You little liar! You’re only half way,” he laughed.

“I know, I know! I’m sorry! I’ll focus now! I promise,” I said with a smile. He messed with my fringe.

“Fine. Write it well though.” I hummed. “Wait a minute; you said it was going to be live?” I looked up to him as he looked at her. I heard her hum. Taeyeon then had this strange look on his face as he looked back down at me. Was he… nervous? I’ve watched him perform in front of like forty thousand people before, what was so nerve wracking about it being live? “Yah! Don’t watch me. Write our song Fany-ah” Oh !

“Right, right,” I said. Focus Tiff!

__________________________________________________________________________

On my way back from the bathroom I saw that Taeyeon was talking to the PD outside of the studio with a camera on them. What the heck? Did we do something wrong? I quickened my pace and was there in a few seconds. The conversation dropped right when I got there…

“Hey, what’s up Tae?” I saw his eyes widen a little as his mouth opened.

“I was just telling Taeyeon-ssi here what the next meeting was going to be so he could better prepare for it,” the PD explained.

“N-ne and I didn’t want them to hear it and tell your nosey self,” he teased as he poked my tummy. What the!

“Yah,” I grabbed his hand. “That’s totally unfair.” He laughed as our fingers intertwined.

“It’s off my list anyway, so I sort of knew it was happening.” Ugh, I guess that does make sense.

“Still. Totally not fair Kim Taeyeon.” We walked back in to the room as Taeyeon just kept giggling to himself. He was such a brat.

“How’s it going,” Taeyeon asked the two in front of the computer.

I had finished the writing, well the re-writing of the lyrics a while ago. Kenzie and her husband then went through and added some embellishments and a few ‘baby’s here and there. Now we just had to wait on her and her husband to find the right music track to go with it. It didn’t take them too much longer to find a few tracks for us to decide between thankfully.

We ended up with one that had a slower pace, which I was all for. I loved hearing Taeyeon sing ballads. Ahh his voice was so incredible, I couldn’t wait. To even further my excitement he got to go first in the booth. They said it was so he could show us exactly how he wanted the chorus and everything, but I didn’t care. I just wanted to hear him sing.

“Fighting,” I called after him as he stepped into the booth. I noticed Kenzie’s husband putting on head phones. Oh no. “Kenzie unnie,” I started. She looked at me. “Can you make it play out here too? I really want to hear it.” She smiled.

“Don’t worry, he’s just putting those on to hear it clearer.” I let out a quick breath of relief just before almost completely going in to fan girl mode. Oh my goodness. I don’t know how I was supposed to get on stage to sing with him live if I couldn’t even stop smiling right now. His voice was so smooth and the lyrics were so cute I just, ugh. I was swooning almost the whole time I watched him.

Soon enough it was my turn though. After that we both went in a few more times to add the final touches and the background vocals.

“Alright, that should do it Tiffany thank you.” Whew, I exhaled again and stepped out of the booth and went right in to Taeyeon’s wide open arms.

“You did great Fany-ah.” I groaned.

“Why do I feel so exhausted then?” He laughed.

“Probably because it’s already 4PM and we didn’t eat anything besides breakfast.” Seriously!

“It’s already 4?” He nodded. Jesus. “No wonder I’m so hungry,” I said as I grabbed my stomach.

“PD-nim, are we doing anything after this?”

She went on to explain that we could go eat or something, but we’d have to come back when Kenzie and her husband finished mixing the song. They wanted to film a little impromptu music video for it. I guess we were just supposed to act cute in the sound booth together? I’ve seen other videos like that though, so that’s more than likely what we’d be doing too. It was actually pretty exciting. All of it was really. I loved being here all day with Taeyeon. Gah, why don’t we just record a whole album…or five.

Even though we didn’t say much to each other these past few hours, he was always right there beside me. Just his arm around my shoulder made me feel at least thirty times better. He really helped me get through this today. I was super tired. My group has been working on a song and music video for the electronic company Intel recently. Actually it was going to be released here in a couple of days. He was my energy pill though, he could just smile at me and I’d feel more energized.

 It was a little stressful though, especially when I kept messing up, but it was totally worth it. Usually when I record songs, it takes days. We record and then come back another day to record more, and so on and so on, but not today. We had to get the whole song done on spot. I was so glad we were done.

__________________________________________________________________________

 

“Fany-ah~ calm down. Why are you even nervous?” We were in the room next to where they were recording for Shinyoung and Shindong’s radio show ShimShimTapa waiting for our cue to come inside. The WAD crew was also here, apparently this is what the last part of the episode will be. We weren’t even told about this interview until earlier today though, talk about unprepared. Ugh, I just knew that Tiffany and I would be debuting our song tonight, live, and I was super excited.

“I don’t know! It our first radio show together,” she said as she wrapped an arm around my waist. I laughed.

“No it isn’t! We were on one before remember?” She groaned.

“Taeyeon, you know what I mean. It’s our first one as a couple.”

“I know, I know,” I grinned. “Just calm down.” I was just trying to lessen the stress. I guess that was not working though…

“Tiffany-ssi, Taeyeon-ssi, you can go in now,” the PD said. I nodded and quickly pulled the door open. Letting Tiffany walk ahead of me, she greeted to two DJs. I did the same as I caught up with her.

“Ahh I’m excited to have you two here today,” Shinyoung said as she released Fany from a hug. I noticed Shindong dancing and looking at a camera. Oh crap I totally forgot these were broadcasted. I turned and started waving to the camera too.

“Yah, Taeyeon-ah! Come dance with me,” he called. I laughed and did so. It was lucky that it was a SHINee song and I sort of knew the moves to it, I couldn’t look like too much of a fool right?

Pretty soon though, he took his seat as did we. I was glad they let us sit beside each other. At first I thought they were going to make us sit awkwardly across the table from each other, but I guess they could get better camera views of us this way.

I heard the introductory music start playing as a rush of nerves came over me. Oh come on Taeyeon! It’s just a radio show! You're here with Tiffany, you’ll be fine!

I think that was part of the problem though. With these two as the DJs who knows what could their next question could be.

“When top superstars come to visit we’re happy and we think, ‘Oh our show popularity is higher today,’” Shindong started. I grinned. It was weird to think of myself as a ‘top superstar,’ but it also felt strangely good.

“But on the other hand we get kind of sad thinking, ‘Ah what are we supposed to do with these people? Will the show be fun,” Shinyoung paused. “So much pressure, the listeners are probably so expectant!” Shindong then agreed. I heard Tiffany giggling.

“So we here at ShimShimTapa have decided to leave everything to these next guests.” Wait a minute what?

“They have beautiful looks, wonderful voices, and amazing vocals.” “That’s right, you can’t go anywhere without seeing one of them!”                                           

“Ne, let’s welcome Tiffany-ssi and Taeyeon-ssi to our show today!”

“Ne, thank you so much,” Tiffany started. I was still caught up on the whole ‘leaving the show to us’ thing. They had to be kidding right?

“Why don’t you go ahead and introduce yourselves.”

“Okay. Annyeonghaseyo, I am SNSD’s Tiffany!”

“Right, and I’m TYS’s Taeyeon! It’s nice to meet you!” The DJs clapped.

“They’ve finally come! Before we start let’s clap three times.” We all did.

“There’s also something to congratulate them on.”

“That’s right, last night SNSD was awarded with the Daesang at the Seoul Music awards.” I clapped. I was so proud of her. They were the first girl group in history to win it twice in a row! I was pretty bummed out we didn’t get to sit at the same table as them this time, but it was still a fun time.

“Taeyeon-ssi did your group with any awards?” right! The show.

“Uh yeah, we were in the Bonsang category and then we won the popularity award along with SNSD.”

“Wow! Congratulations!” I thanked them. I was proud of us too. I was a little disappointed we didn’t win, but I kind of knew it was going to happen anyway, I mean we were competing with SNSD and a few other bigger groups.

“There’s also another reason to congratulate them today,” Shinyoung started. Really? I couldn’t think of anything… Maybe it was just Tiffany. Shindong questioned her. “Ne, their show ‘We Are Dating’ has really taken off.”

Ahh! I was wondering when we’d get to this.

“That’s right, they’re actually filming for it right now. Not only do we have our cameras in the studio today but their camera crew is here too.”

“How does it feel to be on a show with your boyfriend Tiffany-ssi?” Whew, I was glad the first question was not targeted toward me. I heard her giggle.

“It feels great,” she said as her face turned in to a big grin. Aish, now I was smiling!

“Ahh Taeyeon-ssi’s face is turning red,” Shinyoung laughed. “We saw recently that you two went to Taeyeon’s home in Jeonju.” I nodded. “Did your family actually like her, or was that all for the show?”

“That’s a good question,” Shindong joked. “Once they left I bet his mom was saying ‘aish that girl can’t even make kimbap!’” I started laughing at that one.

“Aniyo, aniyo. They really liked her,” I explained. “My mom really does ask about her all the time. I think she’s even more concerned about her than me.” The DJs laughed.

“The other day when we were together, Taeyeon’s mom called him, right,” Fany started. “She started asking about me and Tae got upset so the next thing I heard him say was ‘Why don’t you just call her mom!?’ I couldn’t believe he said that!” I looked away. Whoops. Fany! You aren’t supposed to tell people things like that!

“Omo, Taeyeon-ssi! You yelled at your mother?” I threw my hands up.

“Aniyo! It wasn’t like that. It was more of a whiney thing than a yelling,” I quickly explained. They laughed.

“Did she call you though?”

“Ne, she texts me almost every day now,” Tiffany said with a grin.

“I think she forgot about me though, I haven’t talked to her since!” The DJs were laughing again.

“Tiffany-ssi can you let us in on what this week’s episode is going to be about?” She nodded.

“Ne, actually that’s why we’re here today. A few days ago Taeyeon-ah and I recorded a song and we’re here to debut it live.”

“Wah~ jinjja?”

“Ne,” I answered. “It doesn’t come out for real until after our episode airs in a couple days, but were going to perform it once here.”

“Wow! What a treat!”

“We hate to ask you so soon, but there are tons of questions coming in. Can we hear it right now?”

“Ne!” We both stood up and went to the microphones. I put my headphones on and waited for the signal. I looked to my left and Fany was still messing with the mic. Aish.

I took her headphones and put them on her head. She smiled and then gave the signal to the PD that she was alright to start.

“Alright here we go with SNSD’s Tiffany and TYS’s Taeyeon’s brand new duet.” The music started and then the sound of Tiffany’s beautiful voice filled my head.

 

[Tiffany]
There are so many things I’ve wanted to do once I had boyfriend,
and I’ve always dreamed of~

The first, kissing him in the street.
Secondly, catching the early train for Jeonju with him.
The third, going on a picnic.
Fourth is getting a piggy back ride.
Fifth, couple-rings are basic to our love.

boo boo boo It’ll be really sweet.

Why does my heart beat thump, thump just thinking about you?
I’m going to do each of these things daily, daily, daily with you~

I’m so happy to be with you.
I’m so happy we both are together~
You my dear baby baby baby baby baby boo~

[Taeyeon]
If I had a girlfriend, I’ve also wanted to do so many things
I’ve always been jealous~

The sixth, I’ll go to late night movies with you.
Seventh, amusement parks too.
Eighth, I’ll hold a surprise event for you.
Boo boo boo I’ll be really happy because of you~

Why does my heart beat thump, thump just thinking about you?
Every little thing daily, daily, daily I’m going to try it with you~

I’m so happy to be with you.
I’m so happy we both are together.
My precious baby baby baby baby baby boo~

My once lonely birthdays.
Boring weekends too~
Now I’m eagerly looking forward to these days~

[Tiffany]
I like it because it’s the two of us
I’m so happy because we’re together~

[Together]
No matter where we are~
or whatever we’re doing~
[Taeyeon]
The one thing I’ve wanted to do the most out of those things…

[Together]
Saying the words “I love you” just once~
Hearing the words “I love you” just once~
[Tiffany]
Thank you for coming to me. ([Taeyeon] Thank you)
[Together]
I’m so happy to be with you.
You are my only love.
Baby baby baby baby baby boo~
[Tiffany]
Baby baby baby baby, baby boo~

 

“Wah~!” Shinyoung and Shindong started clapping. “That was very nice!”

“Taeyeon-ssi, we particularly liked your dancing,” they teased. I laughed as Tiffany hit my arm.

So I might have done a few little motions while she was singing her part. I had to keep it fun though right? I mean we were being filmed…twice!

“Ah, thank you very much,” I laughed.

“Did you write that one too?”

“Yeah, Tiffany actually wrote her first few lines though,” I responded. “You see it all on our show when it airs.”

“Ooh! I’m excited to watch it now. The fans are too, look at all these responses.”

“Wow! They really love the song, but they have a lot of questions as well.”

“Yes! Now we are going to start our genuine talk with the royal couple.” Aish, did they have to call us that?

“Omo, Taeyeon-ssi do you not like the nickname?” Crap! Did I say that out loud?

“Aniyo, it’s just that it feel’s awkward to be called that,” I laughed. “I feel like there’s so much pressure on us now.”

“Ahh! Tiffany-ssi do you feel the same?”

“Aniyo, I like it.” I shook my head and grinned. She would…

“Oooh! The thing that the listeners are most curious about right now are the lyrics to your song though.”

“Oh jinjja,” I asked. What could they be curious about? It was all pretty self-explanatory.

“Yeah they want to know if you’ve actually done the things on the list you sang about.”

“Oh of the things we want to do?” the DJs nodded.

“Hmm, well Fany-ah yours are first,” I said. I might have also just wanted to get out of the first numbered thing.

“Oh, right! Well the first one,” she paused and started grinning. “Yeah.”

“Omo, kissing in the street?! Tiffany Hwang,” Shindong teased.

“The second one,” Tiffany said loudly as she quickly left the first one behind. “No, but we drove there, so I guess that kind of counts right?” She laughed. “I don’t think we’ve been on a picnic yet,” she said as she looked at me.

“Ani, I don’t think so either… Ah wait! Does the time at Everland count?” Her eyes widened.

“Omo, that’s right! Good thinking Tae. Piggy back rides, yes all the time, and couple rings… kinda?”

“What? How can it be kinda,” Shinyoung asked teasingly. I heard Tiffany ‘ugh’ and started to laugh. It was cute when she got all flustered like this.

“Well we have couple jewelry, but it isn’t a ring. It’s necklaces,” she said as she grabbed hers. “You’re wearing yours right?” I looked back at her. Psht, who does she think I am?

“Of course Fany-ah.” I pulled mine from under my shirt. “These were actually the first thing our fans picked up on.”

“Ohh, because you two wore them all the time?” I hummed. “How far in the relationship were you when you got those?” Oh god.

“A-a month,” I said hesitantly as I scratched the back of my neck.

“Omo! Only a month?”

“N-ne,” I stuttered again. “I really liked her.” I heard Shindong overreact his ‘aw.’ Aish!

 “Did you pick them out together?”

“Aniyo, he got them for our one month anniversary,” Tiffany giggled and I looked away. Oh gosh, this was getting embarrassing. “Yah, don’t be like that Taeyeon-ah. It was super cute. I really liked it, I still like it.” She grabbed my hand and I heard the DJs loudly ‘ooh’ just before a noise went off.

“Oh it looks like it’s time for our first commercial break, don’t worry, we’ll be right back with the Taeny couple!”

“That’s right! We’ll answer some of our listeners’ questions when we return, so make sure to send yours in!” They then went on to explain how to send in messages through the internet and via cell phones.

When Shinyoung took off her headphones Tiffany immediately asked her questions.

“Are we doing okay? What are people saying about the song? Do you think-.”

“Yah, Tiffany calm down,” she shouted back. “You two are doing great. Seriously.”

“She’s right,” Shindong said. “We usually tell our guests that we’ve never seen our listeners so excited or that they have a lot of questions and stuff like that, but I’ve really never seen so many questions come in like this. Have you noona?”

“No, not like this. People are way curious about you two,” she paused. “Oh, I’ll be right back.” Tiffany turned toward me and smiled.

“We’re doing fine right?” I smiled back. Why was she asking me? She should know better than me… I took her hand in mine again.

“Yes Fany-ah, we are. I’m sorry for not talking much though,” I added. She nudged me.

“Yeah! Why have you been quite,” she asked through her laugh. “Is the great Kim Taeyeon nervous?” Really?

“Yah, you were the one practically shaking before we came in here,” I retorted. She started giggling even more.

“I’m just teasing you Taetae.” Her eyes were perfect crescents as they looked back at me. Aish, that’s it. I couldn’t resist it anymore. I swiftly moved in and captured her lips in mine before she even knew what hit her.

“I love yo-.”

“Alright,” Shinyoung called out stopping me mid-sentence. “We’re back on in twenty.” We quickly got our headphones back on and waited for the intro music to finish.

“It’s Shinyoung and Shindong’s ShimShimTapa! The second part of our show has now started!”

“All of you are listening too Taeny Shidae,” Shindong joked. I laughed, that was definitely a new one!

“We just heard Tiffany telling us about her wishes from their new duet and the listeners are asking about Taeyeon’s. Taeyeon-ssi how about it?”

“Oh,” I said. I thought they were going to skip over me. I then went on to explain how we haven’t actually gone to the movies, but we often watch them at our dorms. Also about how we went to an amusement park, although I’m fairly certain everyone already knew about that.

“How about the last one? Tiffany has he done any surprise events?” I thought for a second…Have I? Not yet, I thought as I grinned just before Tiffany spoke up.

“Uhm, well,” she paused. “For our first year anniversary he took me to the place where our first date was. I think that counts right?” the DJs agreed.

“Only one?”

“I think so,” she laughed.

“Aye Taeyeon-ssi! Only one? Come on,” Shindong teased? At least I think he was. Oh god, what do I say?

“Tiffany-ssi, are you upset that he’s only done one in your year of dating?”

“Aniyo, it’s not like that,” she quickly protested. “Taeyeon is usually cute and very sweet all the time, so the events are kind of like an added bonus, if that makes sense.”

“Ah, so he doesn’t need to prepare events to prove his cuteness?” She laughed.

“That’s right, he doesn’t even need to try,” she complimented. Aigo! Now I could really feel myself heating up. The DJs noticed it too.

“Ah Taeyeon-ssi is starting to get red again,” Shinyoung laughed.

“Alright, let’s take some questions from the listeners,” Shindong cut in, thankfully.

We then went on to answer a few more questions about silly little things, like where our first date was, who asked who out and things along those lines. Then the conversation shifted to our music, when we were going to release a new song, which I wasn’t even sure of myself, and then about SNSD’s new song ‘Visual Dreams’ that had recently come out.

Soon though, we were done! Whew.

The two DJs thanked us and we were off to the elevator along with the WAD camera crew. They however were just following us to our van. We thanked them for their hard work and stepped inside.

“Ah~ I’m glad that’s over,” I said once the door was closed. Tiffany leaned in to me.

“Me too,” she agreed. “Do you have any schedules later?” I shook my head.

“Nope this was it, er. No I lied. I have to rehearse with Jessica sometime I think. Their keeping our version of ‘Nagging’ in the set list,” I explained. She hummed.

Crap. I really did need to rehearse that. I haven’t sang it in so long and our concert was in less than a week!

“Omo! Jess is at home right now,” Tiffany said loudly. “Oppa can you drop us off at my dorm instead?”

__________________________________________________________________________

“Hey Seobaby, ”I said as I walked in to the kitchen. She looked kind of startled.

“Oh, unnie… and oppa,” she looked at Taeyeon who was right behind me. I laughed.

“What were you doing Seohyun-ah? You’re acting like we just caught you robbing a bank or something.” She smiled.

“Aniyo! It’s just I didn’t expect anyone to be here. It’s just Jessica unnie and I.”

“Oh jinjja? Where’s Sunny-ah?”

“I’m not really sure unnie. She said she’d be back soon, but that was a couple hours ago.”

“Oooh, do you think she’s out with Soo?” I grinned. “You better call her to tell her not to get caught.” That one made me laugh.

“Tae, she and Hyomin snuck around for like a year. I don’t think anyone even suspected them,” I added. Even though I hated the guy, I will have to give him a round of applause for that. I don’t know how they did it. I mean Taeyeon and I were suspected before we even started dating. Ugh, it wasn’t fair.

“Yeah,” he paused. “I guess you’re right.” I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Of course I am. Now,” I started. “Where’s Jess?” Taeyeon needed to hurry and rehearse their song so he could spend the rest of the night cuddling with me!

“Unnie is in her room I think.”

“Perfect, I’ll go get her. You wait in the-“

“No need.” I looked in the direction of the new voice. “Hey Taeng.”

“Annyeong Jess,” he cheerfully responded.

“Perfect! Jessi, you two need to rehearse ‘Nagging,’ like right now.” She scoffed.

“And why? I’m memorizing lines for my audition tomorrow,” she said as she held up a few sheets of paper. I groaned.

“Just real quick. You were going to later anyway right?” Her eyes widened as she looked at me and then to Taeyeon.

“Oh crap that’s right. I totally forgot we were supposed to,” she set down her papers. I grinned! This was totally going to work out.

“See! If you do it now you can just get it over with and be done~,” I cooed.

“Aish, alright. Do you have the music with you?”

“Uhh, nope. Mian,” Taeyeon laughed. She sighed.

“Okay, let me go grab it,” she said before walking away.

A couple minutes later Taeyeon and I were sitting in the living room waiting on her…still. Ugh.

“Seriously, what is taking her so long?” I heard Taeyeon hum.

“I don’t know Fany-ah.”

“I’ll go get her,” I said as I stood. “Wait a second, what is that Tae?” He had a few papers in his hand. He didn’t need the lyrics did he? I laughed. He’s sang that at least a hundred times, hell I even knew the words to it…

“Oh this? It’s Jessica’s script,” he laughed. “I picked it up before we came in here.” Ohh! That made more sense.

“Ah, well I’ll be right ba-.”

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” Jessica had finally entered the room, when she did though she quickly snatched the papers out of Taeyeon’s hand. He looked shocked to say the least.

“I-I was just looking at it.”

“Well, don’t,” she said back coldly. Why was she being so icy to my Taetae? He wasn’t even doing anything wrong. I almost said something, but Taeyeon started to laugh.

“Why? You scared I’ll take your part?” Oh god Taeyeon, why would you ever provoke an angry Jessica? My eyes shot to Jessica, whose face was frozen. Oh no, I closed my eyes. WWIII here we come- wait.

I looked to Jess again to see that she was… she was laughing.

“Yah, if you want to play an ex-girlfriend then go ahead,” she said still laughing. “Be my guest.” Taeyeon started laughing too.

“Ah jinjja? I could totally do it, right babe?” he was looking at me. I grinned. I couldn’t believe that just happened. Jess usually never backs down from an argument…

I laughed. “Of course you could Taetae.” I sat back down beside him. “Just no kissing scenes okay,” I teased.

“I can’t make any promises. I’m a pretty irresistible ex-girlfriend,” he laughed. I shook my head.

“No, you’re just too much. Now hurry and rehearse! I wanna cuddle~,” I whined. He kissed my cheek.

“Fine, fine. Ready Jess?” She hummed and moved to our stereo. “Oh, I forgot to ask! What’s this drama going to be called? I didn’t see a name on it anywhere.”

“Wild Romance, why?”

“Duh, I’ll have to tell hyung so I can go steal your role,” he joked. She turned and shot him an icy glare. Taeyeon just laughed though. “I’m just kidding jeesh, lighten up. I want to know so I can keep an eye out for it.”

“Ah, okay. Ready?” I heard him hum just before the very familiar music started playing.

__________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay, first off let me say that I will definitely continue this fanfic.

Yes, I obvioulsy heard about the Tiffany and Nichkhun news and yes I was a bit sad/mad, but not because Tiffany was dating.
I am actually really happy for her.

It's just that...

 

WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN TAEYEON!?!?

My poor Taeny heart is broken!

I'm still going to be delusional and believe that one day Tiffany will realize how much of a fool she is and run back to my precious Taetae, though.
So don't ruin it for me!

I hope you all continue to read/enjoy my story even though we all know the reality. If not, that's cool too, thank you for coming this far with me <3

 

Alright, what else am I forgetting to say...

Right!

The song that I used for Taeny's duet is obviously G.NA's 'What I Want To Do If I Have A Lover.'
I know it's originally done with Rain, but I feel like the version's of it with Yoseob from Beast would fit male Taeyeon's voice better. Don't ya think?
I also changed the lyric 'Chuncheon' to 'Jeonju' because I have no idea where/what that place is, and it sort of worked out anyway. Whoops!

P.S. This chapter might be a little lacking, but please forgive me, for I was a little heart broken at the time! I'll try to make the next one better.^^