Exposed

Into the New World

 

 

It was about an hour until Yuri and I would be hosting Inkigayo, and I couldn’t have been more nervous. It was my first time hosting anything! I couldn’t even sit still. Oh man was I anxious. I need to get my mind of this.

“Hey do you know if Sunny is here yet?” Even though Sooyoung wasn’t hosting he came with us anyway. I mean he had nothing else to do, so he decided he could wonder around while we were busy.

He laughed. “Noona still isn’t talking to you?” I shook my head.

It’s been like this for a few days actually. Ever since the teaser for our new music video came out. I was iffy about it since the day we filmed. I knew Tiffany was going to hate it, but I couldn’t necessarily tell the producers no, plus it did fit the song and our concept. I had to just try my hardest to get it done in the least amount of shots, which I did. It only took me a few times, where it took Soo and Yul at least ten because they kept laughing or messing up.

The teaser didn’t even show the worst of it either. All it revealed to the public was a bit of the music behind the song, along with the main line from the chorus, that wasn’t the part that she was pissed off about however.

There also may or may not have been a girl straddling my lap.

Hint; there was.

Mine wasn’t even the worst one either! I tried to tell her that, but she wouldn’t listen. Sooyoung had to pretty much make out with the girl, or so they made it look like. Yuri also had a lot of groping in his scenes. Mine was by far the most PG but she was still fired up about it. Well I guess I would be too if she had a guy all over her like that… but still!

It showed less than a second of it and she had flown off the handle, I would really hate to see what she acted like after the whole video came out. I might end up having to flee the country for a while.

“Hold on. I texted her. She usually texts me back pretty fast too so- oh.” I took a step closer to him. “They just got here.”

“Good, thanks.” I made my way for the door.

“Yah where do you think you’re going?” I froze and turned toward hyung.

“To go see her?” I thought that was pretty obvious…

“Ani Taeyeon. You have things to do. Later.” Ugh!

“This can’t wait until later.” I was about to get angry but thankfully Yuri cut in.

“I’ll go with him. Don’t worry hyung, we’ll be at the stage on time.”

“If you aren’t, you’re going to be in serious trouble. You can’t just goof around when you’re here to work guys.”

“They know hyung,” Soo chimed in.  ”He just needs to talk to her for a second. Please?”

“Fine,” he exhaled deeply. “Be at the stage in fifteen.” He always was the one that got along the best with him. I thanked Soo mentally and nodded. Quickly exiting the room, I stopped the first crew member I found.

“Excuse me, do you know where SNSD’s room is?” He looked briefly at his clipboard and pointed us in the right direction. “Thank you hyung-nim.” SNSD, SNSD, I repeated in my head while searching for their name by a door.

“Yah, here.” I turned violently to my left almost completely running in to some girl.

“Uhm, oh. Mian,” I said as I kind of bowed.

“A-aniyo, it was our fault,” she said shyly. Weird, it was 100% my fault though. Whatever.

“Uhm, well. It's nice to meet you, I’m K-“

“Kim Taeyeon. We know you guys.”

“Obviously,” the taller girl behind her commented. “You’re TYS.”

“Uh ne-“

“Who is it-Oh.” Just then the door came open. When did I knock? I didn’t? I looked at Yuri and then at Soo, who was giving me an apologetic look. Aish, and of course it was Tiffany who answered the door. What happened to the cheerful Seohyun that always greeted us? “What do you want?”

Oh god. Uhm, quick! Think.

“It was nice meeting you, we’ve gotta go now,” I said in the direction of the two girls. “Tiffany-ah. I need to talk to you for a second. About the show… Since I’m hosting.” I had to think of something! I couldn’t just say ‘I’m sorry for letting another girl touch me like that but I had no choice!’ Especially with these two girls that were still here. Why were they still here? I said bye?

“Okay, spill it.” She raised an eyebrow.

“Oh Sunkyu,” Sooyoung shouted. “What was that? I didn’t hear you. Let me just get past you here really quick,” he said while maneuvering around Tiffany. Finally giving me an opening, I took my shot and flew inside as well.

“Yah!” I laughed as I heard the door close behind me. “Already talking to other girls I see Kim Taeyeon.” I rolled my eyes as I turned around to face the blonde girl. They must be alone if she said something like that, so I found no reason to hold back.

“Really? You’re the one ignoring me Tiffany Hwang.” She took a step closer.

“She was all over you!”

“Ahem.” I froze. Oh . “I’ll be back in ten minutes. You three better be gone.” It was only her manager. Thank god. I almost had a heart attack.

“Don’t worry oppa, they were just leaving,” Tiffany said as she began pushing me toward the door.

“Yah! I am not.”

“Whatever. Ten minutes.” I heard him sigh as he left the room.

“Yes you are Kim Taeyeon. I have nothing to discuss with you right now.” I turned around to face her once again.

“I’m sorry.” She hesitated before trying to push me again, so I took my chance. I put my hand behind her head and pulled her in to me as hard as I could, capturing her lips with mine. I felt her hands try to push me away, but they eventually stopped as she gripped my shirt and pulled me closer.  I didn’t even have to get permission, for she was already waiting for my tongues entrance. I didn’t let her down either. I used my free hand to hold her face and pull her as close as humanly possible. I needed this, I yearned for this. Ever since our anniversary two weeks or so ago, I haven’t been able to kiss her like this, hell I was only able to kiss her a few times regardless.

We only saw each other a few times since we had both been so busy. Her with her promotions and we were just getting ready to start ours. Our album came out in eight days! We were so busy rehearsing and rehearsing some more, so when SNSD happened to pop in the SM building Tiffany always came to say a short hello. Unfortunately she always had to leave after a quick hug and kiss though.

Since we were also getting nearer and nearer to the day we would be allowed to go public, we had been caring less about who saw us. Our choreographer was another one to add to the short list of people that knew, for he was always with us when she visited. Since he was under SM’s contract he legally wasn’t allowed to say anything so we weren’t that worried anyway.

I released from the kiss when I felt myself out of air. “I’m…sorry,” I said in between breaths. “I love… you.”

She let go of my shirt and then smoothed it out a little. “I love you too Tae,” she breathed in and I smiled. I loved that I could take her breath away like that. “But I’m still mad. You should go.” She looked up to me and then quickly moved away from me.

What! What? Seriously?

I took a step after her but felt a hand on my arm. It was Jessica?

“Just let her cool off. She’ll be fine in a day or so,” she said softly. After all the time I spent with her rehearsing for our duet for the SM tour, we had become a lot closer I thought. I trusted her word and everything, but it’s already been two whole days! Tiffany rarely let two hours go by without sending some form of text and I missed it! I missed her.

“It’s been two days already.”

“Just believe me. She’ll be back to her annoying, clingy self in no time,” she laughed.

“Yah, she isn’t annoying or clingy,” I argued as I pulled my arm away from her.

“Whatever, just go. If she doesn’t call you by tomorrow night, I’ll… buy you ice cream or something. Got it?” I grinned.

“Promise?”

“Oh my god,” she said in English. “I promise, just go away!”

“Fine, fine. I’m leaving,” I announced. “Good luck you guys.” I shoved Yuri and Sooyoung toward the door when I heard my name being called softly.

“Taeyeon-ah. Good luck to you too.” I knew if I turned around I would have gotten yelled at, again, so I thanked her and walked out the door.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Alright you’ll be on after this first song,” the PD announced.

“Oh god. I’m going to mess up.”

“Taeng, you’ll be fine,” Yuri tried to ease my nerves. It didn’t help.

“Ani. Oh no. This is going to be bad.”

“Oppa, cut it out. You’re starting to make me nervous.” I scoffed.

“Sulli-yah, you’ve been doing this for years. Don’t tell me to cut it out!”

“Oppa~, I’ve only done it since February. You’ll do fine, just be the lameo we all know you to be. Arasso?”

“Aish you little…,” I said under my breath. I think Yul heard me though when I heard a chuckle escape his lips.

“Seriously Tae, you always do better on these kind of things then you think you do, so just calm down and be yourself. People will love you!”

“Alright thirty seconds!” I made a noise that I wasn’t even sure was human. Omo.

How could strangers like me if my own girlfriend didn’t even like me right now? Oh god, the PD started counting down over the mic in our ear.

“Three, two, one. Go!” Oh no, it was bad enough we were already starting, but to make matters worse I had to say the freaking first line!

I took a deep breath. I can do this. Be cute! Be confident!

I watched the red light on the camera come on signaling that we were live. Here goes nothing!

“Welcome to the second episode in November, you’re watching the live broadcast of SBS’s Inkigayo!” We all shouted the last word.

“Ne, you all might be wondering where Yonghwa and Jokwon are and why these two are here,” Sulli said.

“That’s right! Since both of them happened to be overseas for their promotions right now, we were asked to fill in for today, so please watch over us well,” Yuri exclaimed, earning a round of applause from the audience.”

“Yes! Now, Taeyeon-ssi let’s tell everyone what we have in store for them today shall we?”

“Alright,” I enthusiastically cheered. “Today 2PM will be making their long awaited comeback!” I heard a bunch of female screams from the audience.

“You’re right,” she replied. “They’ll be trying to take over the number one spot that’s still held by SNSD!”

“But don’t worry,” Yuri chimed in. “The girls are here again today to defend their title.” I laughed at something I just thought about. Oh man, I really am lame.

“What’s so funny Taeyeon-ssi?” Oh no! I can’t say it aloud can I? They really wouldn’t let me back on. Damnit! What am I supposed to say then? Aigo.

“Oh nothing. It just sounds like it’s going to be trouble, trouble, trouble~,” I sang as I acted out the shooting of arrows, just as they did in ‘Hoot.’

“Ayee~,” they teased. I definitely heard a chuckle in there from Sulli though.

“Excuse him,” Sulli teased again. “He’s new.”

“Hey! I thought it was funny,” I exclaimed.

“You would,” Yuri joked. “Alright should we find out what this week’s Take 7 is?”

“Show us, now,” we all called out.

We continued to read off the seven groups and then it went to another performance. I heard the mic click off and I couldn’t have been happier.

“Oh my god, that was bad. That was so bad,” I ran my hands through my hair. I just made the worst joke ever on national television.

“Aniyo, it was actually pretty funny,” Sulli said.

“Jinjja?” She hummed.

“You’re good at this oppa. Just keep it up!”

And I did. Well I tried to at least. Through the rest of our cuts and mini interviews we did with the other groups I tried to keep up my non-worried self. It worked for the most part though. I think I would just feel better once this was all over though, maybe after I watched myself doing this once I could relax for the next time I had to. I laughed to myself. IF there was a next time that is.

“All we have to do now is wait for SNSD to perform. After that we’ll do a commercial break and announce the winner and bam! We’re done,” Sulli explained.

“Ah jinjja? SNSD is next?” She hummed. “Can I get closer to watch?” I loved watching her preform.

“Yeah, we can go up here.” Sulli then lead us to just off of the stage they would be on. Wooo! We were super close. Ah! Here they come. I really couldn’t make out much yet since all the lights were off, but I could see four people walking on to the stage.

While the previous act finished on the second stage, they were setting themselves in position on the main stage. I heard the other groups song come to an end and started getting really excited. When I heard their music start and watched the darkness lift I couldn’t do anything but fan-boy out and start clapping.

As the song continued Yuri, Sulli and I began to sing and dance a little to it. Once we saw a photographer’s camera flash in our direction though, we decide to give it a rest. We weren’t the one’s performing you stupid camera man. Photograph Tiffany in her very tightly fitting black pants. Omo. No, don’t stare! You’re gonna get caught! I shook it off and tried to focus on something else.

It was nearing my favorite part though, and I couldn’t have been happier. During the last chorus Jessica and then Tiffany both ad-libbed some power vocals and I could not get enough of Tiffany’s part. Yeah Jessica’s was great too, in fact everyone in SNSD was a fantastic singer. If I had to pick a group I would definitely say SNSD were best overall. Don’t get me wrong, none of them individually even came close to someone like Hyorin of SISTAR, sorry Fany-ah I still love you, but as a whole they were definitely the best out there.

Jessica was just finishing hers up when I heard Yuri beside me.

“Wow, she is so good.” I started to turn my head to look at him but something caught my eye. Oh no.

Tiffany had fallen. I didn’t get to see it all, but thankfully it didn’t look bad. Aww man! I always felt so bad when she made mistakes like that, which happened quite often actually. I looked at her face. She looked embarrassed and then in pain. Oh no. I took a step forward, but Yuri grabbed my arm.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” What was I doing? What was she doing?

“Why isn’t she getting up? Why hasn’t she moved?” No answer. My heart started beating faster. Was she okay?

It looked like the other three noticed she wasn’t getting up and danced a little away from her so the cameras wouldn’t catch her on the ground. It’s not like they could have just stopped and helped her anyway. They had to perform. It was their job after all, so I didn’t get too mad about that.

I was still very worried though. Tiffany is usually the type of person to push through the pain until the end. There had to be something seriously wrong. Oh god. I started getting anxious. I needed to make sure she was alright.

Once the song was over the show thankfully went to a commercial break and the cameras went off. I immediately started back out there only to be stopped by Yuri once again.

“Taeyeon, you can’t. All the fans out there will see you,” he said quietly, for there were quite a few crew members around.

“I don’t care Yul. I’m going out there,” I argued. With one tug of my arm I was released from his grasp. I heard him call my name one more time, but I wasn’t going to stop. My girlfriend was more than likely badly injured. I couldn’t just sit on my like that and do nothing. I quickened my pace and made it to her in no time. She was surrounded by just her members for now.

“Fany-ah are you okay?”

“Taeyeon, what are you doing here,” Sunny asked worriedly. “Go back.”

“No, I’m not.” They wouldn’t be able to change my mind either. I kneeled down beside her. “Fany-ah what’s wrong?” She wasn’t answering. Ugh, why is everyone being so stubborn today? I moved her hands from her face to reveal that she was crying. “Oh my god. Baby…” It felt like my heart had crushed in to a billion tiny pieces. Seeing her like that when there was literately nothing I could do to help was one of the worst feelings I’ve ever experienced. I saw cameras flashing. Aish!

I needed to get her off of the stage. Everyone did not need to see this. “Come here,” I pulled her in to my arms and lifted her up bridal style earning a round of screams from the audience that I could care less about right now. She wrapped her arms tighter around my neck.

“It…hurts.”

“Omo, where,” I froze. “Am I touching it?” I felt her shake her head no. Whew.

“My knee.” Oh no, my arm was right under her knees!

“Which one baby?”

“Left. Oww, ow, oww.”

“Omo. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Aish where is your manager?”

“He said he was on his way,” a crew member spoke up next to me.

“Okay good. Let’s just set you right here,” I found the nearest table and set her down on it, gently dropping her knees from my arm. “You’re going to be okay Fany. I promise,” I said as I smoothed out her hair. Ugh , this stupid thing. I took out the fluffy little hair pin she had in and patted her head once more.

“Taeng, come on, we have to announce the winner.” Stupid MC position! I needed to be here, ugh, but I didn’t want to get in trouble with hyung or the Inkigayo PDs.

“Okay,” I called sadly after him. I looked back down at Tiffany who was still tearing up a little. “Hey I’ll-“

“Don’t go,” she grabbed my hand.

“Wh-what?” I really didn’t expect that to come out of today.

“D-don’t leave me here alone. Please Taeyeon.” I could see that she was scared and I knew I could leave her, especially when the other three had to go out there and potentially accept the award, I couldn’t just leave her here alone.

“Taeng, come on! Thirty seco-.”

“Do it without me!”

“What? Just come on!”

“I’m not going! Go!” He shook his head at me before returning to the middle of the stage. I looked back at Tiffany.  “I’ll never leave you Tiffany.”

She wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me in to her, placing a quick kiss on my lips. “Thank you Tae.” I smiled, but I couldn’t help being worried for her. I really hope it’s not a bad injury. She’s a dancer for goodness sake! I needed to comfort her, to calm her down. Hell, I needed to calm myself down.

“You’re going to be alright,” I said as I wrapped my arms around her. Aish. Seriously where the hell was her manager? Where was my manager? Sooyoung was missing too. The one time when we actually need one of them, ughh!

A minute or so later I heard the ‘Hoot’ music start back up again signaling that they had won. I smiled and started to rub her back. “You won again Fany.”

“It doesn’t feel like it,” I heard her muffled voice say against me. I kissed the top of her head. Aish, and since they won, the other three wouldn’t be in here for another minute or two because of the stupid encore. Oh! Yuri would though. I froze. So would everyone else… I looked around the best that I could with the injured Tiffany still wrapped around me, and yep. All eyes were on us.

“Is Tiffany-ssi okay?” Her hold tightened.

“I don’t know. I’m waiting on her manager,” I said sternly. I wasn’t even sure who it was, but I knew it was no one we knew since they used –ssi. I heard the girl ‘oh.’

“Yah, get back, get back everyone. Tiffany I’m here what’s wrong?” Thankfully it was SNSD’s manager. She squeezed me.

“She fell and hit her knee and now it hurts her,” I responded. His eyes fell to me and then to her…and then back to me.

“What do you two think you’re doing? Let go of each other!”

“Hyung, everyone has already seen us, and to be quite frank, I’m not letting her go. “

“Taeyeon. You know this is going to end up badly.”

“I don’t care anymore hyung. I want to be here.”

“Whatever. Let’s go Tiffany. We need to get you to the hospital.”

“Hyung what part of her knee hurts didn’t you get? She can’t walk right now.” He looked taken back by my yelling all of a sudden, but he couldn’t expect her to walk after that. No. “I’ll carry her. Let’s go.”

“No, Taeyeon you’re not going.” I scoffed.

“Like hell I’m not. I-“

“Stop,” the small voice from in front of me spoke, but I listened to her. She turned her head to look at him. “Oppa I want Taeyeon to come with me. Please.”

“Tiffany, you know this is not going to be good. There are cameras everywhere. There will be all kinds of articles about this tomorrow.”

“Oppa, I don’t care,” I heard the pain in her voice. “I need him there.” I felt myself warm up inside as I heard him heavily sigh. He pinched the bridge of his nose. “We’ll have to see what Hanyoung-ah says.” I mentally cheered.

“What I say about what? Oh my god you two,” he said quieter. “Get away from each other.” He pulled me a little and made me run in to her knee.

“Ouch, ow. Oh my god,” she winced.

“Ah! I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” I called as I put my hand just above her knee. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. Can, can we go now? Please?”

“Go where,” my manager asked.

“I’m going to the hospital with her,” I announced.

“Taeyeon do-“

“Don’t Taeyeon me. I’m going and that’s that.” He looked like he was about to retort, but he just sighed and started nodding. Really he was letting me?

“Unnie are you okay?” Tiffany hummed. The girls had just got back from the stage and they all looked equally as worried.

“We’re going to the hospital,” I informed.

“We?”

“Yes. I’m going too. Now Seohyun give me a hand here since you’re the tallest. I’ll take this side and you take that side. Let’s get her to the van.”

“Tae, I still have to change.” .

“Right. First stop, dressing room!” I had Tiffany wrap her arm around each of us as we half carried her back to their dressing room.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We had eventually made it in to the hospital. The ride over was silent though. It was also kind of awkward. We all had one worry on our minds. Besides the call their manager made to tell the hospital staff to have a wheelchair waiting for us, no other voice was heard, until we arrived. Thankfully it was a short trip.

“Hey, you’re going to be fine. Okay?” She sniffled and then hummed. Omo, my poor Fany-ah. I kissed the side of her head before I opened the van door and stepped out. “Come on,” I motioned toward her. Lifting her up once more bridal style, I was able to set her comfortably down in the wheelchair. I thanked the nurse who then started to push her in. “Aniyo, l-let me do it.” She looked at me oddly but eventually let me.

“Are you her guardian,” the nurse asked her manager as we entered.

“In a way, I’m her manager.”

“Okay, well we’ll just have to have someone fill out the paperwork right over this way. You all can wait in our lobby until it’s your turn to be seen. The doc-“

“Excuse me, but these five are idols,” her manager interrupted, rather rudely I’d say. “Isn’t there somewhere more private they can wait?”

“I’m sorry sir, we only have one lobby. I can talk to the head nurse about letting them wait in a roo-“

“Oppa it’s fine. Just fill out the papers,” Tiffany urged him. I put my hand on her shoulders and lightly massaged them.

“But what about people seeing…You two.” Sunny laughed.

“You really think no one has already seen them? It’s done. Just do this so we can figure out how bad it is.” He sighed and looked from me down to her.

“Arasso. Where do I go?” The nurse kindly directed him in the right direction and then led us to the lobby.

 “A doctor should be with you soon. Please take a seat while you wait.”

“Ne,” we all replied as we bowed a little. “Let’s go to that back corner,” I suggested. The other three agreed as Tiffany remained silent. I wheeled her right in front of a chair, in which I quickly sat down in.

“Do you think they have food here?” I laughed.

“Sunny, you better watch out. Sooyoung’s eating habits really rub off on you. I gained like ten pounds once we started living together.”

“Jinjja? Ten?” I nodded. “Omo. Aish, but I’m so hungry. Will one of you try to find food with me?”

“I’ll go,” Jessica chimed in. A few seconds later they were off. I turned to Tiffany, who was still looking down.

“Tiff-“

“Unnies! Make sure you go to the cafeteria! Vending machine snacks aren’t… good for you,” she said quieter. Aigo. I’ll be back. I just know they’re getting candy.” I laughed again as I turned back to Tiffany.

“Hey.” No response. “Fany-ah~,” I cooed. Still nothing. I grabbed the sides of the wheel chair and pulled it in as close as it could come to me. I leaned in so her face was only a few inches from mine. “Hey, you’re going to be alright,” I said as I caressed her non-injured knee.

“Why are you so good to me?” I sat back. Where the hell did that come from? I laughed from the ridiculousness of it.

“What do you mean why, Tiffany? Do I need a reason?” I was so bewildered. She hummed.

“I’ve ignored you for the past two days and I was mean to you earlier and…and, you’re still just so nice to me.” I heard her voice crack again as her head dropped. Omo, was she crying again? Jesus, did she hit her head when she fell too?

“Fany-ah, come here.” I wrapped my arms around her as best as I could while she was in the wheelchair. “You could have pushed me down a flight of stairs and I would still be here. I’ll always be here for you. I love you.” I pecked the side of her head again. “Just don’t get mad at me anymore, okay?” She nodded her head. “I didn’t want that girl on me anymore than you did. Plus she was married.”

“She-she was?” I hummed.

“She was just an actress babe. The only person I want on me, is you,” I whispered in her ear.

“Yah!” She moved away and smacked my chest. “Why didn’t you say that in the first place?”

“What? That she was married?” She nodded. “Because I wanted you to not be mad at me for your own reasons, not just because she was married,” I said quietly. She looked at me with her nostrils flared.

“You’re so mean to me, you know that?”

“Oh my god, me? Mean?” She nodded and crossed her arms. “Seriously? I carried you off the stage and held you until your manager came.” She turned her head away, but I could see a slight smirk. Ah, so she was trying to play me huh? “You’re right.”

“Huh? I mean... I know! You’re the meanest.”

“Yeah, maybe I should just leave then,” I said as I stood up. Her hand clamped down on mine in under a second.

“Don’t.” I looked down to her wide eyes staring back up at me.

“Omo, Fany-ah,” I sat down and cupped her cheek. “I wasn’t going to. I figured out you were just being a brat and kept it going.” She let go.

“Ugh, how do you always figure me out,” she asked as she leaned back in the chair in defeat. I laughed.

“You’re the worst liar. Your smile gives everything away.” She tried to shift in her seat, but I noticed her wince. “Is your knee feeling any better?” She shrugged.

“It’s bearable until I try to move it.” I grabbed her hand.

“You’ll be fine Tiff-“

“Tippany Hwang? Tippany Hwang?” There was a nurse calling her near a door on the other side of the lobby.

“Ah. Ne,” I called as I stood up. She motioned us over. “It’s our turn.”

We luckily ran in to everyone else on the way to the door. On our way back to the examination room however, I did start to hear some whispers and shouts about SNSD. They may have started earlier, I really wasn’t paying much attention to anything but Tiffany.

After the nurse took Tiffany’s temperature, height, and weight, which Tiffany said I wasn’t allowed to see, we were finally put in a room and told to wait for the doctor.

I helped her out of the chair and on to the examination table, standing by her side the whole time.

“Do you think he’ll be cute,” a voice questioned a few minutes later, breaking the silence.

“Unnie!”

“What Seohyun? Cute doctors are the best,” Sunny laughed. “I might have to take a fall next.” I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t joke around Sunny, we all know you’re in love with Sooyoungie,” Tiffany fired back. I squeezed her hand and busted in to laughing. That’s my girl!

“Yah! I am no-“

The door opened.

“-t. Oh…uhm, annyeonghaseyo?” She bowed to the doctor, who was probably at least 60. Yep, totally cute.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I am Dr. Gyeon Yucheon. What brings you all in today?” He looked around the room. He actually did seem a little taken back by the amount of us there were. I looked at Tiffany, who wasn’t saying anything. Ugh, what did I get myself in to?

“She was dancing on stage and then fell on her left knee, and now it hurts her to move it. Sir.”

“Ah! You four are SNSD, right?” They nodded. “My sons love you.” I grinned. Who doesn’t? They thanked him. “Now let’s take a look here.”

He sat down on a stool in front of her.

“Now, let me know if anything hurts, okay?”

“Okay,” she said back shakily. As soon as he touched her knee she winced. I felt her grip tighten.

“Alright, it’s still very tender and swollen.” Well no duh. I could have told you that! “So this is what we can do since you mentioned it was urgent.”

He went on to explain how he would give her knee a numbing agent so they could drain all the fluid out of it from all the swelling, or something? I was only half listening because it sounded so gross. I felt bad after that so I tried really hard to pay attention to the last bit. After the disgusting draining was over, they would put her though an MRI or two to see what the damage was and then go from there.

I got to hold her hand for the numbing shot, but I really couldn’t watch the draining process. I toughed it out and stayed by her side though, like the good boyfriend I was. I just never moved my eyes away from her face.

The next part though was my least favorite. She had to go to a separate room. By herself. Not even her manager could go. Ugh, that wasn’t even the worst part. The multiple MRIs were going to take an hour and a half. An hour and a freaking half! I was so mad, but I couldn’t do anything about it besides comfort her once more before she left. I helped her back in the wheelchair.

“Hey, you’ll be fine. Just go take a nap or something and it’ll all be over before you know it.” She smiled.

“Thank you Taeyeon.” I kissed the top of her head once more.

“Quit thanking me. This is what I’m here for.” She sadly waved as she was rolled out of the room and it almost broke my heart, again. I took a step forward.

“She’ll be okay Taeng.” It was Jessica.

“She’s right. Unnie always pulls through.” I rubbed the back of my neck. They’re right. She’ll be okay.

After about twenty minutes of chatting and joking around their manager had returned.

“Come on. We’re being moved to an overnight room.”

“An overnight room,” I shouted before even thinking. I looked at my watch. Well, I guess it was already twenty after eight.

“It still doesn’t mean anything Taeyeon, calm down. The first MRI isn’t even over. The results won’t even be ready for a few hours after that. So we’ll be here for a while,” he explained. Okay, so the overnight room made sense, but it still sounded scary. “I called a car for you all though. It should be here within the hour.  You can come back in the morning okay?” I scoffed.

“I’m not leaving. No way.”

“Taeyeon. Yes you are. You can’t stay here over night with her. That just isn’t happening.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was 11PM before I was finally on the way back to my room. Ugh and visiting hours ended at 10 so I knew it would be empty, besides oppa. He said he was leaving once I got back to my room though so I guess I would be completely alone then.

I didn’t even get to say bye, or thank Taeyeon again. Gah, and he was being so sweet to me today too. I totally didn’t even deserve it. I was being such a jealous and overreacting girlfriend the past few days. I knew I shouldn’t have been, and it’s not that I don’t trust him or anything, because I do. I trust him with all of my heart.

Ugh! There’s just something that irks me when I see him with other girls!

“We’re here.”

“Wha-Oh,” I muttered getting pulled from my thoughts. “This is it?”

“Yep. I’ll be back in the morning, probably around seven. If the girls are awake I’ll bring them too.” Damnit. He opened the door and rolled me inside. Now for another seven hours of lonelin- What?

“Taeyeon?” I saw him slumped over, his bottom was still in the chair, but his top half was sprawled upon the top of the bed. Omo. He was asleep? Wait a minute. He was here? I looked up at oppa.

“He refused to leave.” I could hear the hint of disapproval in his voice, but it was all music to my ears. I smiled from ear to ear. He was incredible. “Let’s get you into bed okay?” I hummed. I was too happy for words right now.

Oppa helped me sit on the bed and I carefully moved myself, and Taeyeon, around trying not to wake him up. He definitely deserved to sleep.

“Alright, your phone is on the table there,” he nodded. “Along with the remote and a glass for water.” He handed me a control pad with way too many buttons on it. “This controls the bed, you should be able to figure this out, it’s not that hard.” Yeah right, I yelled in my head, but I continued nodding. “And this button here,” he handed me another little control pad. “If you need the nurse or anything, push this and someone will come to you. Alright?” I nodded.

“I think so. Thank you oppa.”

“Get some rest. I’ll see you in the morning.” When he finally left I let a deep breath out. Worries began to fill my head again.

What if I can’t dance again? Omo, I’ll be stuck doing OSTs and ballads. Oh no. I –

“Gnuunk!” I froze up.

Omo. Taeyeon was snoring. I giggled. Mostly it was just soft breathing noises coming from him, but that one was so loud oh my gosh. I ran my fingers through his thick, dark hair. Gah! He was so cute. I wanted to touch the rest of his face, but I decided against it in fear I would wake him up.

I moved the bed in to a flat position with ease. He was right about it being easy to figure out. Taking Taeyeon’s closest hand in mine, I finally laid down. It didn’t take long for me to drift away either. It was something about Taeyeon being there and I knew it. He always made me feel so safe? I’m not sure if that’s the right word, but it was comforting knowing he was there with me.

I soon felt something being placed on top of me. Omo! I shot my eyes open, only to see Taeyeon’s face right in front of mine.

“Err, I was… I was just covering you up.” He dropped the covers and stood up straight. I let out the breath I was holding in.

“You scared me Tae. Come here,” I patted the space beside me.

“I can’t lay with you Fany, were in public!” I made a whining noise.

“Don’t be so difficult. Just sit down.” He did as I found the bed’s control and moved myself back up. He slipped a fallen piece of hair behind my ear.

“Good morning Tiffany.” Was it even morning?

“Good morning Tae. What time is it?” I looked around for a clock but there wasn’t one. What kind of hospital doesn’t have a stupid cl-

“Muah!” Taeyeon’s lips crashed down on mine as he made sound effects for the interaction. I shook my head. He was such a punk.

“At least kiss me right if you’re gonna keep that up Taetae,” I feigned anger.

“Yes ma’am,” he saluted. “What time did you get back in here? I didn’t even notice it.” I grinned as I remembered seeing him slumped over on the bed. He was perfect.

“Around 11 I think? They added in a few different tests just so they could get the best possible reading,” I explained. He hummed.

“Does it feel any better?” I cocked my head to the side.

“Huh, good question.” I attempted to lift my knee. It hurt but not nearly as bad as it did yesterday. I tried to bend it. The same results! “It feels a lot better Taeyeon,” I cheered.

“Jinjja?” I nodded.

“It still hurts, but on a scale from 1 – 10 it’s at the most a four? Yesterday it was a ten all the way.”

“Baby, that’s fantastic! See! I told you you’d be okay.” He was grinning now.

“You did really good yesterday,” I brought up. I had totally forgotten to tell him what an awesome job he did for his first time as an MC.

“You think so?” I hummed.

“I laughed so hard at your trouble, trouble, trouble~,” I sang and shot the arrows just as he mimicked yesterday. I started laughing again just thinking about it. “Oh my god it was so funny.”

“Well I’m glad you enjoyed it.” He scooted closer to me, bringing his face closer and– the door opened. ! I pushed him away from me and he quickly stood up straight. “Annyeonghaseyo Dr. Gyeo- Oh,” he took a seat as he let out a deep breath and so did I. It was my manager. Omo! My girls!

“Oppa! Did any-“

“Hyung?” My eyes widened as Taeyeon’s manager came in to view as well.

“I’m glad you both are awake. The president is here to see you.” Oh god. Did he already figure out the results? Omo, he’s totally changing my contract or something. Is he-

“Good morning Tiffany, Taeyeon.” Lee Sooman took a few steps inside my room. “Are you feeling any better?”

“Ne,” I replied. “A lot better actually. I can move without it hurting all that much.” He hummed.

“That’s very good. Don’t rush it. We want you to heal properly.” It was silent. “I came here to find out what you wanted to do about the current situation. The phones are ringing off the hook and we have been denying comment so far, but they are getting restless.”

What? Why would the reporters care so much about me getting hurt? Yeah, I guess it was kind of a big deal, but couldn’t they wait until we got the results back? I mean, I didn’t even know yet!

“I guess we should wait until we see what the results are?” I didn’t know! The president’s expression changed, he looked…confused?

“Oh no. No, no. You must have misunderstood me. I’m talking about what to do about you two,” he pointed at Taeyeon and then back at me.

“Us?”

“Yes, apparently some fancams caught your, uh, moment backstage yesterday. One was even shot from backstage, they’re assuming it was a stylist or crew member or something. I’m not sure, but there’s nothing we can do about it now. The people know about you two.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updating today because it's my birthday! Wooo~
(and because this might be the chapter some of you have been waiting for, because I know I was!)


Over 370 subscribers!
Thank you all so much for reading my story!

I hope you continue to subscribe/upvote.^^
Please don't be afraid to leave a comment!
Getting feedback from you all is my favorite part!