We're Doing What?

Into the New World

 

 

It was about 8PM and we had just got back to SM for a practice session. Walking inside, I needed to find a bathroom and quick.

“You guys go ahead. I’ll be there in a minute.” I heard a faint ‘okay’ as they walked off. Good, now to find the nearest restroom. I drank way too much water at that fan signing. I totally learned my lesson though, jeesh.

A few minutes later I was finally in the elevator heading up. What the heck? Oh! My phone was vibrating against my leg. I was hoping it was Tiffany, but was severely let down when the ID just read some random number. “Aish, wrong number,” I said aloud as I hit decline. “What the…” They immediately called back. Whatever, I’ll just let them know they have the wrong number.

“Yeboseyo?”

“Oppa!” Oppa? The elevator doors opened and I quickly stepped out, making a quick bow to the man that was walking past me. “Oppa?”

“Uh, I’m sorry. I think you have the wrong number.”

Wait a minute. This isn’t the floor I’m supposed to be on. Aigo, it must have stopped for that man. I turned around but then froze after hearing the next few words.

“Taeyeon oppa, it’s me! Hayeon!”

“Hayeon-ah?” Omo. I sat down on the bench that was near. Was this really my sister? She sounded so much older than I remembered.

“Ne! Oppa I just saw that you were going to be on Running Man next week!” I laughed. I guess this week’s episode had just finished airing. They must have showed a preview.

“Yeah, I am.” I couldn’t believe she called me. Wait, how was she calling me? “Hayeon-ah, whose number is this?”

“It’s mine,” she cheered. What? They gave a 10 year old a cell phone? Why on earth- “It was an early birthday present from Umma and Appa, so that I could call you whenever I wanted.” Oh god. I felt like I’d just been punched in the stomach. “Isn’t it cool?”

“Yeah it’s really cool Hayeon.” Not only had I completely forgotten about her birthday, it was going to be another one that I was going to miss. Wait… Maybe I didn’t have to? Maybe they could come here? Since I’m making money now, I could totally afford to pay for their whole trip. Omo! “Hayeon is umma there?”

“Of course.”

“Let me talk to her for a second okay?”

“Wi-will you talk to me again?” Oh god, if I wasn’t on the verge of tears before. Here it was.

“Yeah Hayeon, I promise. Just let me talk to her for a second.” I heard some scuffling about before the next voice came on.

“Yeboseyo?

“Umma, what are you doing this week,” I asked as I opened up my calendar app. I really needed to thank Hyung for programming all of our activities in here, I mean this is the first time it’s actually came in handy, but still.

“Working in the shop, Hayeon goes back to school next week. Why,” she asked.

“I only have one schedule the 14th and I’m completely free the 15th. You all should come up here. It will be like Hayeon’s birthday present from me,” I said excitedly.  I could tell she was about to deny it. “Umma, please. I’ve been a horrible brother. Let me make it up to her.”

“Your father would have to stay and run the shop, but other than that,” she paused. “I don’t see why not.”

“Yes,” I shouted. “Ah keep it a secret if you can. It’ll be a surprise! I’ll have things planned too so don’t worry!” Oh my god I was so excited. I’d finally get to see my mom and sister after so long. “I’ll have my manager send directions and everything else okay? I have to go.” Although I wish I could have stayed and talked, I’m sure they were wondering where I was by now.

“Arasso Taeyeon-ah. Hayeon keeps asking for the phone back, so here you go. I love you.”

“I love you too Umma, see you soon!” After a few more sounds of shuffling, Hayeon’s voice rang.

“Oppa, what were you guys talking about? Umma was acting sneaky,” she whispered causing me to laugh again.

“It’s nothing. I have to go practice though.” I heard her ‘aww.’ “You can call me tomorrow though.” Or every day, I thought. I wish I was as close as I used to be with her. “Unless oppa is in an important meeting, I promise I’ll answer. Okay?” She hummed. “Oh, one more question.”

“What?”

“Who’s your favorite k-pop group?”

“TYS, duh oppa,” she said sassily. Gah, and I didn’t even know 10 year olds could be sassy.

“Well, besides TYS. If you could meet any other idol or group who would you want to meet?” I was really hoping it would happen to be someone I was close to so I could get them to hang out with us for a little bit.

“OOH. BoA! I really love BoA unnie!” Yeah well who doesn’t? That was going to be a problem. Although I’m sure she wouldn’t mind meeting my little sister, I mean I would consider us friends. She did help me a lot when I was a trainee and everything. The only thing is that I was pretty sure she was in Japan right now, and would be for a while.

“Okay, who else?” Please be someone I know.

“Uhm SNSD!”  Wait, really?

“Really?”

“Ne, they’re all so pretty. Why?”

“Who is your favorite from SNSD?” I’d die if it was Tiffany. That would be the best!

“Uhmm, Sunny unnie! She’s so funny.” Damn! Oh well, I can’t win them all. At least I knew them personally.

“Ah, yeah she is. I’ll have her give you a call next time I see her, is that okay?”

“YES,” she screamed.

“Alright,” I laughed. “I really have to go now. I love you Hayeon.”

“I love you too oppa~!” I heard the phone click off and smiled.

This was going to be awesome. When Tiffany called me back I would have to see what she’s doing on those days, Sunny too. I stood up.

Now I just needed to figure out where I was. Wait a minute… This looked like the area we performed at when we were still trainees. I walked further in. Wow, has it been a while since I’ve been here.

Nope, I can’t explore. I needed to go back. I stopped and turned quickly, running into a few people along the way. “Ow, oh hey sorry. That was my bad,” I apologized to the boy that I had knocked over. I quickly pulled him back to his feet.

“Omo, you-you’re Kim Taeyeon.” They immediately bowed 90 degrees.

“Oh, right. Annyeonghaseyo, I am TYS’s leader Kim Taeyeon. It’s nice to meet you. Are you guys trainees?”

“Uhh, ne. My name is Yeong Sehyeon. It’s so cool to meet you.”

“I’m Lu Han. This is so crazy,” the kid I knocked over said. I smiled. “You’re amazing!”

“Ah, thank you so much. Well, keep up the good work. I’ve got to go, I got off on the wrong floor,” I laughed. “See you around!”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was almost midnight when I finally got the call from Tiffany. Thankfully we had just ended practice, and I mean just.

“Yeboseyo,” I answered quickly and a little out of breath.

“Taetae~,” she whined.

“What~,” I whined back.­

“Yah, is that how you respond to me?” I laughed. Yep. Way too much time around Jessica.

“I’m just kidding Fany-ah. What are you up to? OH!” I suddenly remembered what I needed to ask her. ”What are you doing on the 14th and 15th? Sunny too. It’s important.”

“I’m not sure I’ll have to ask oppa. What’s going on? Why just us?”

“Well if all of you want to come that’d be awesome, but specifically you two.”

“Uh. Okay. I’ll ask him, he’s right here.” Oh daebak! I didn’t think I’d get an answer this soon. I heard some muffled talking back and forth before she spoke again.

“What is it and is your manager going to be there?”

“No, he won’t be there, but he did say that I could go and bring you two with me. On the second day I’m going to have security though, if that helps.” She hummed and then I heard more muffled talking. “Wait, you never said what it was.” I laughed. I was wondering what took her so long.

“Well I talked to my little sister today.”

“Jinjja,” she interrupted. I hummed. “Aww, that’s so cute. How is she?”

“She’s good, just let me finish okay?”

“Okay~ fine.”

“Anyway, her birthday is on the 14th, so I invited my family up to visit.” I heard an ‘okay’ from the other side. “When I asked her who her favorite groups were she said you guys were one of them, so I was hoping you all could come out to eat with us or something. Also, I want to tell my mom about us,” I said in a quieter voice than before.

“You want to what,” she yelled. “Taeyeon, I can’t meet your parents.”

“What? Why not? It would just be my mom anyway.” I was a little offended. Why didn’t she want to meet my mommy?

“But, but what if she hates me?” Oh goodness, was that really her worry?

“Oh god, Tiffany. Who could hate you?”

“Taeyeon I’m not joking around, what if she does?”

“Well, then I guess we’d have to break up,” I joked.

“What,” she frantically yelled. Omo. She thought I was serious.

“Fany…” No response. “Fany-ah... Tiffany Hwang!”

“What,” she said in a small voice. Omo, this girl.

“I was just kidding you know. I would never break up with you, even if my whole family hated your guts. You’re stuck with me forever.”

“But Taeyeon,” she started. I didn’t let her finish though.

“But nothing Tiffany, if I love you, they’ll love you too. Okay? Will you please come,” I begged. I heard her sigh in defeat. Yes!

“I’ll think about it. Where are you going?” I shook my head. She is such a brat.

“Let me talk to your manager. I’ll just have to book you for the day then” I said playfully.

“Yah, just tell me.”

“Ugh, fine. The first night, I just wanted you to come to dinner with us. Then the second day…” I trailed off. Should I tell her? If she went it would be kind of a surprise for her too. Hmm.

“So it’ll be during the evening?” I hummed. “Ah, then I can come. Jess has a shoot though, and I think Seohyun has a class so it’ll just be Sunny. What’s day two?”

“It’s a secret. It’ll be during the day though. Here, let me ask your manager.” I heard her ‘Ugh,’ as she handed the phone over.

After telling him my plan, he was a little concerned with the security situation, but I assured him that my manager had taken care of it. We were going to have our own little personal army that day. With a few more minutes of persuasion and assurance, he finally agreed to letting Tiffany and whichever other member that was free that day to come with us.

Wah! This weekend was going to be the best!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A couple of days later while rehearsing at SM, our manager popped in to the room followed by a camera man and another unknown guy. What the hell? I stopped dancing and bowed.

“1, 2, 3. Annyeonghaseyo we are TYS,” the three of us said in unison.

“Ne, these guys are going to be following you around for a while today, they’ll be pulling you out for individual interviews as well. There are a couple more setting up an interview area as we speak. Alright?”

“Sounds good,” Sooyoung said from behind me.

“What is it for,” I asked. “Should we change?”

“Ani, you guys are fine. It’s just going to be about idol life,” hyung explained. “They’ll just as all the same old questions you usually get. Like, what about a new album, and probably about your ideal type like always. That kind of stuff.”

I hummed. Alright. So just another typical interview? I could handle that.

Around an hour later, we were finally done with rehearsing for today. We also had all finished our one on one interviews, which for me was kind of strange. I don’t know why, but it seemed like they were just kind of asking me very plain and generic questions. They didn’t pry or question anything further than the basics. I obviously couldn’t ask the other two about it either, not with the people in charge of said interview in the same room. That would have been all kinds of rude. I would have to once they left.

I packed my stuff back in my bag and waited for the other two to be ready to go. If I’m not mistaken we had a Japanese lesson here soon. I was dreading it though, I was so bad at learning new languages. Ugh, but the President was trying to get us ready to debut in Japan. Bleh. With the rate that Yuri and I were learning it though, it might be awhile. Sooyoung was a pro however, like usual. He was pretty much fluent in Japanese and knew the basics in English. Nope. Don’t even get me started on English.

“Let’s go,” Yuri cheered as he finally stood up. I took a step toward the door just as it came flying open.

“Annyeonghaseyo. The President would like to meet you all in room 212. Follow me.” Oh crap what did we do? Running Man hasn’t even aired, so he can’t be mad at that. Yet. Did say anything wrong on the radio yesterday? Thinking back I couldn’t think of any meeting worthy mistakes. Omo, this was nerve-racking.

We followed the lady down a couple floors and into a conference room. Maybe it wasn’t going to be bad if it was here. Whew.

“Can they be here,” Yuri asked as he pointed to the camera men that followed us in.

“I’m not sure. The President will be in soon, he’ll be able to answer that. Have a nice day.” With that she was gone.

“This seems strange right?”

“What does,” one of the interviewers asked.

“Everything. All of this today seems very odd,” I responded. “Doesn’t it?”

“Aniyo, I don’t-“ Just then the door started to open and we immediately stood up ready to greet Lee Sooman.

“Oh? Jessica?” What was she doing here? The door opened wider as the rest of the members of SNSD walked inside. What the hell was going on?

“Tiff, did you get the room number right?”

“Uh yeah, wh- Taeyeon? Sooyoung, Yuri, what are you guys doing here?”

“The president wanted to see us.”

“Weird, us too,” Sunny said as she sat down across from us. “Oh you guys are getting followed too?” Sooyoung hummed. “Hmm, must be a SM thing.”

The other three took seats as well, followed by a couple minutes of awkward silence. Seriously. Something had to be going on. This wasn’t going to be a hidden camera was it? Why would Lee Sooman want to talk to all of us at once? Were we being put on a show or something?

“Krystal just said that they weren’t being followed around,” Jessica spoke, breaking the silence.

“I’ll be right back,” Seohyun said and quickly left the room.

“Yeah, something is totally going on,” I said aloud. I couldn’t shake the feeling.

“What do you mean,” Tiffany asked, but before I could answer Seohyun popped back in the room holding a microphone.

“I knew it,” I exclaimed. “I knew something was off today! Wow, I’m good!”

“Yah don’t be annoying,” Jessica complained, earning a merong from myself.

Seohyun looked in to the camera that came in behind her and started talking. “Hello this is SNSD’s Seohyun. I’m here with my unnies and TYS. They have no idea about what is going on.”

“Seohyun-ah, what are you talking about,” Tiffany asked. “Don’t lie to unnie.”

What show even was this? Why would they need just the six of us, and why wouldn’t we have a real host?

“Today,” she started. “Two of you will be getting married.”

“WHAT,” we all exclaimed at once.

“Two of us,” Sunny asked pointing back and forth.

“That’s right Unnie! I’m here to pass the torch.”

“You signed up for We Got Married too,” Sooyoung asked as he looked at me.

“Ne, didn’t we all a while ago? Gah, I didn’t think we’d get picked,” I said trailing off on the last sentences.

“Yah! I never applied to get married,” Jessica said aloud.

“That’s right, it isn’t Jessica! But we’ll go ahead and reveal the couple so that they can go ahead and get started on their first mission as newlyweds.” I looked at Tiffany, who was looking back at me, and silently hoped that it wasn’t us. Although it would be a fun thing to do with her, going on dates and being cute and everything. I know I would slip up. There was only so much we could blame on the show too.

I definitely wouldn’t reject it though, if it did happen to be us. I was just hoping it wasn’t.

“Congratulations… Sunny and Sooyoung!” Whew! I exhaled deeply. After she said their names I did feel a little, I don’t know, sad? Maybe I wanted that more than I thought?

“Him,” Sunny questioned loudly.

“Yah, what’s wrong with me? I’m a catch,” he retorted. We all were laughing at their bickering until Seohyun then handed them a mission card.

“Oh, what is this?”

“It’s your first mission. We will all be leaving now. Good luck Unnie!”

“What? Can’t we go with them,” I asked. I was still sort of hoping this was going to get us out of our class.

“You just want to skip our Japanese lesson!”

“Yah! Do you want to die,” I replied back laughing.

“Oppa, let’s go, we have to let them fall in love~,” Seohyun cooed as she pushed me out of the room. Tiffany and Jessica ‘ooh’d.

As soon as we left the room Yuri spoke up.

“That’s going to be awesome. All that energy in one place,” he shook his head. “I really thought it was going to be you two,” he said as he motioned toward us.

“I know me too,” Seohyun said.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Short filler chapter!
Thank you all so much for reading my story!
Please continue to subscribe/upvote.^^
Don’t be afraid to leave a comment, positive or negative.
Reading them is my favorite part!

ps. is anyone else dying over the Mr.Mr. MV teaser? Because I for sure am.


And before anyone gets feisty about Taeny not being the WGM couple:
- There is always a reason behind why I do something.
- I promise I will eventually make up for the fact that they aren't.

So, please do not get too angry. ^^