Moving In

Into the New World

 

 

“Ah! I’m so excited to see what it looks like inside,” Yuri said from behind me.

Today was the day we finally moved into our new dorm. We were all ecstatic. We haven’t got to see what it looks like yet, but our manager said that it was fantastic. Most of our belongings were already brought over by movers and other staff. All we had left to move was our beds and a suitcase or so full of clothes.

We were in front of the building and we could already tell that it was going to be much better than our last dorm. For starters the building our dorm is now located in is right across from the Han River. I was hoping we had a great view. We soon stepped in to the elevator, each with a suitcase in hand and a back pack on our backs. Inside my backpack I had my more used items, such as my cell phone’s charger, my wallet, a few other various things, like my new Gameboy. Sunny has got me hooked on this game. I silently cursed the gamer in her.

Once we reached the door Hyung stuck in the key and let us in. Walking inside my jaw literately dropped. We had so much space now. It was nowhere near the size of Tiffany’s dorm but it was more than enough for the three of us. As we entered I could tell that this was our living room area by the sofa and the nice sized television that now graced our wall. Our kitchen and dining room area was great too, I could see the stainless steel refrigerator behind our new dining room table and chairs. Everything was amazing in comparison. The floor was even better. I didn’t take as long of a look at everything I wanted to because something else caught my eye.

We had a balcony. I quickly dropped my bag and went to open the sliding door. As soon as I opened it I felt a cool gust of air breeze against me. I could see the river from here. Wow this must be such a pretty view at night, with everything lit up and the river shining in the moon light, I thought to myself. I was so excited to witness it for myself. As soon as I stepped back inside I heard a voice.

“How are we deciding bed rooms?”

I looked up to see Yuri and Sooyoung both looking at me. “Wha-what I don’t know? How many are there?” I still didn’t even know what else our dorm had to offer. We hadn’t got a lot of time to talk about it since we were pretty busy doing other activities, the topic of our new dorm didn’t come up much.

“Thr-.”

“Three,” hyung said cutting off Yuri. He had just waked in the door. “There are two that are about the same size and then one that’s slightly bigger.”

“I wa-,” Sooyoung started saying before hyung cut him off as well.

“Listen to me first. With the two smaller ones, one has a walk in closet and the other has its own bathroom. The big one is just bigger, there’s nothing special.”

I didn’t really need my own bathroom, a walk in closet, or a lot of space so I didn’t care which I ended up with. So I thought about which would suit my members better.

“Soo since you have the most clothes, why don’t you take the closet? Or the bigger one so you have more space.” I was trying to help since he does have the most clothes. I guess he needs them all to keep up the ‘best dressed’ title that he was given through various polls and votes in different magazines and websites.

I then thought about Yuri. Hmm. “Yuri-yah, since you take so long in the bathroom why don’t you take the one with its own?”

“Yah you just want the biggest one for yourself,” Yuri accused.

I laughed aloud at that. I guess it did kind of seem like that. “Well then you take the big one and I’ll take the bathroom. It really doesn’t matter to me.”

“Yah I-“

“Yuri shut up, you know he’s right,” Soo said from beside me. “I think it makes complete since this way.”

The tanned boy was quiet for a minute or so. “I guess you’re right. Mianhae!”

I laughed and shook my head at him. “No worries. Let’s set our stuff down and go help bring the beds up.”

A few hours later we had successfully brought all three of our beds inside our new rooms and put them back together. We were now finishing up sorting out the rest of the boxes that were already sent over, as they were all stacked in our living room.

“Soo! You forgot one in here,” I called toward his room. Whatever, I’ll just bring it to him since all mine are accounted for. I went to pick it up and immediately dropped it again. Well I was not expecting that. It was seriously so heavy. What in the hell was in this thing? I tightened my grip on the box and lifted it again, this time making it to his room.

“Oh thanks! I was coming to get it.”

“It’s fine, but really what is in there? That’s so heavy.”

“I’m not sure, but it’s probably…,” he trailed off as he started opening it. “Yep that’s what I figured.”

“Shoes,” I said as I looked inside. There were pairs upon pairs of shoes. “You have a problem, I don’t think even girls have that many,” I joked. We were both laughing now.

“Yah, whatever. Can we get food? I’m starving,” he said as we both calmed down. Now that he mentions it I’m pretty hungry as well and I know we have nothing in our fridge yet.

“Yeah call hyung and ask him.”  Since we were now definitely recognized as soon as we go out anywhere we always had to make sure either Hyung was with us, or he said it was okay for us to go alone. “I’ll go tell Yul to get ready.”

Around thirty minutes later we were in the lobby of our new building. Since Hyung was busy in a meeting he couldn’t go with us, he had just told us to be very careful.

It was almost dark out and I really didn’t know if that was a plus or minus to help our cause tonight. We couldn’t really wear sunglasses to help shield our faces now, but since it was darker it would be harder for people to see us right? I shrugged off my thoughts and pulled my scarf a little bit more over my face. “Let’s go.”

“Where should we go,” Yuri asked from beside me a few minutes later. None of us even thought about planning it out. I think we were too focused on trying to not get recognized.

“I think there was a restaurant up here a little more,” Sooyoung said. He was probably right too. He knows where all the food places are. We silently followed him a little more until we heard a voice in front of us.

“Is that…Yuri oppa! I love you!”

And so it began. As we passed by the girl who called at him I saw him bow a little and thank her. Looking forward I saw the restaurant that Soo had mentioned only a block or so ahead of us. “There it is, let’s hurry,” I said to the boys in front of me as I sped up a little trying to tune out the screams that were now pointed in our direction. It’s not that we didn’t want to be seen or anything, we just didn’t want to make a huge spectacle out of it, which was bound to happen anyway at this point. We thankfully hadn’t had any bad run ins with any fans yet, but that was mostly because we always had some form of security. This was our first time we were out by ourselves since our popularity had dramatically increased.

There were fans all around now. It seems a few screams of our names and multiple camera flashes can really draw a crowd.

“Sooyoung oppa, you’re so handsome!” Wow whoever screamed that sounded like they had a megaphone!

I heard Sooyoung yell back out a ‘thank you,’ just before we went inside the restaurant.

We were soon seated, away from a window thankfully, and given our drinks.

“That wasn’t too bad though.”

“You’re right. It could’ve gone so much worse,” I agreed. After hearing plenty of horror stories from other artists about fans being not so polite, this was like a walk in the park.

 I then looked at my phone and… dang, still no text from Tiffany. I knew they were filming their newest music video for their album rerelease next month, but I had only talked to her for like five minutes today and I missed her. I did see the date on the front though. “I can’t believe it’s already February.” Wait a minute. February… Sooyoung’s birthday! Crap, and Valentine’s Day.

“Right? It feels like it was just Christm-”

“Soo! Your birthday is in three days,” I cut him off.

“Yeah? So?” He looked at me puzzlingly.

“So~ we should do something for it. I’ll text Tiffany and maybe SNSD can come to our new dorm.”

“Yeah! That’s a good idea Taeng, I’ll text Amber to see if f(x) can too,” Yuri said.

“You guys don’t have to do this,” I heard Soo say from across from me, but I already had my phone out.

“Wah,” I said aloud as my phone began to vibrate in my hand. I opened it up to read the new message.

Text Message
From: Fany

Ahh sorry I didn’t text back! We’re done shooting for today. I’m just glad we made it back to our dorm in time. ^^

I tilted my head as I read that. What on earth is she talking about? I replied back.

Text Message
To: Fany

It’s fine! How did it go? Also, in time for what? Haha

Shoot! I forgot to tell her about Soo’s party. I typed in another message.

 Oh I almost forgot! What days are you free in the next week? We want to have a little party for Soo’s birthday with you all and f(x).

 I set my phone back down on the table and it started vibrating after about a minute. Wow she replies fast.

Text Message
From: Fany

It was alright, just exhausting. In time to watch you three on the Ideal World Cup duh, but that sounds like a lot of fun! I’ll ask Oppa and let you know when he responds okay? I’m not sure what days we’re free.

Woo! I hope they can co- Wait a minute. I reread the message. Oh no, ‘to watch our Ideal World Cup.’

Oh my god.

“Our Ideal World Cup airs tonight.”

“Wh-what really?” I nodded. “Oh no,” Sooyoung’s expression dropped immediately. “Jessica will find out she’s my ideal.”

“And Tiffany will see Hara made it to the final two with me,” I said nervously. I had forgotten completely about it. I was going to try to break the news gently but now I had no choice. I typed a reply.

Text Message
To: Fany

Oh right! About that. Don’t be mad about my final two okay? I only did it that way because Hyung was watching. I love you Tiffany! Don’t forget it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short/filler update! I promise the next one will be longer!

Don't be afraid to subscribe or comment and let me know what you think!
I hope you all continue to enjoy my story.

 

Woo! Sooyoung is dating too! I'm crossing my fingers that SM will confirm Taeny next.^^