Promises

Into the New World

 

It’s been almost two weeks since the Hyomin incident. Sunny hasn’t cried once since that day thankfully. I wasn’t really sure why, but I’m guessing it had something to do with Sooyoung. The three of us didn’t want to ask too many questions either, I for one was afraid to bring it up. I didn’t want to reopen the wound. Since that episode of We Got Married was on tonight anyway, I guess I would be able to see for myself what happened that day, since she wouldn’t even tell us what they did. Ugh, what a brat.

Luckily we had the evening off too. We had been rehearsing all day. Our first stop for our SM Town Live Tour was coming next month, so they had us all practicing and practicing even more. That was one of the reasons I haven’t got to see my Taeyeon for a while as well. They would be preforming in it too though, so I was pretty excited about that. Getting to travel around the world with my boyfriend, I couldn’t wait!

A little while later we were all in front of the television waiting for We Got Married to finally start.

“I don’t know why you guys want to watch this, it’s going to be a seriously boring episode. We didn’t do anything,” Sunny said, more like lied. They had to have done something fun or else Sunny wouldn’t have come back like she did.

“We’ll see,” I said as the opening sequence came on. Aish! It started with one of the other couples. I really wish I could fast forward or something. I couldn’t care less about what this couple was up to.

Eventually though, they cut to a guy inside what seemed to be a coffee shop. A little picture came up in the corner of the screen indicating that it was indeed Sooyoung. “Ahh,” I said, getting way too excited. “There he is.”

It looked like he was buying drinks? Even the commentators of the show were wondering what he was doing. He came out of the shop with two cups in hand, when the PD asked the question we were all wondering about.

“Ah these? Tiffany noona told me earlier that our Sunny wasn’t feeling the best, so I thought an iced coffee would cheer her up a little.” The PD then asked, ‘If she was sick, wouldn’t coffee make it worse?’ Sooyoung paused. “Oh, is that right? I didn’t know it worked like that,” he laughed. “We’ll see!” I smiled. He really did try. Gah, and Sunny didn’t say a word about any of this.

I know if it were me, they wouldn’t be able to get me to shut up about how cute Taeyeon was being. I silently laughed, I guess I already do that though.

The next scene they cut to was of Sunny waiting at a park? That’s what it looked like at least. Sooyoung then sneaked up from behind her shouted. “Sunny!” She jumped

“Yah,” she shot back immediately. “You know how much I hate loud noises like that.” He pouted.

“Mianhae. I brought you this though. I hope you like vanilla,” he said as he handed it to her with a smile. Okay, he seemed extra cute today. I’m not sure if it was because of what I had said to him earlier that day, or if it was just the side of Sooyoung that I don’t know.

Her frown changed in to a little grin as she tried to suppress it to her best ability. “Thank you. Let’s sit here.” A minute or so had passed and they were both laughing until it looked like Sunny saw something. “Oh, what is this?”

“Ah! It’s our mission,” Sooyoung almost jumped up to receive the card. I was excited to see what it was too, and I’m not even on the show. Gah, why was I being like this? “If you go to the address below, someone will be waiting for the Soosun couple.”

“Oh? Who is it?”

“I don’t know. It just says someone,” Sooyoung explained. “Do you know where this is?” He held up the card for Sunny to see.

“Wait, isn’t this the neighborhood were in now?” Sooyoung shrugged. “I think it is. We can walk here right?” You could see subtitles pop up for the PD saying ‘yes.’

I had to give it to her though. Even though I could tell something was off with Sunny, she was putting up an amazingly good front. I wouldn’t expect anything but really. Sunny was always trying to be the strong one.

“Ooh so they’re going to have to wonder around the town looking for the address? Oh how romantic,” one of the commentators said breaking me from my head. I agreed though. That was a pretty cool thing to do.

“Well let’s go find it then,” Sooyoung said cheerfully as he stood up. Sunny followed suit and began walking. “Yah, wait for me,” Sooyoung called before catching up to her. He then did something that caused chaos in the commentator room. It also made me smile quite a bit.

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her in to him. Waah~

“Omo, omo! It’s the second meeting and already doing that kind of skin ship,” one of the female MCs squealed. I was excited too. I’ve never seen Sooyoung do that to anyone, besides s. That didn’t count though!

“Hey, don’t get too excited,” a male MC commented. “They’ve been friends for a while now. So that might not be that far off.”

“Aye, don’t ruin my fun,” she shot back.

You could see Sunny try to push him off but he didn’t budge. “Yah. Let go!” She didn’t sound mad though, so that was a good sign.

“Ani, I like it here,” he said earning a new round of squeals from the commentators.

I was so impressed. I knew Sooyoung was a little forward, but this? The next question in my mind was if he was doing all this for the show, or if he actually did have a little crush on Sunny. I hope he did though, for everyone’s sake. I know that his ideal used to be Jess and I also know that that will never happen. To be honest I’m not even sure who her ideal guy was these days, was it still Josh Hartnett? Who knows, but I would definitely have to have Taeyeon investigate about Sooyoung.

"Fine,” Sunny said with a fake anger. The camera zoomed in to see that she was totally smiling too.

It cut to the backroom interview with Sooyoung. The PD asked him why he did what he did. “Ah, that… Well,” he paused. Oh my god, Sooyoung just answer him! “I think she still thinks of me as a little brother, so I’m trying to get out of that role and show her that I can be a good husband.” Oh my god.

It cut to Sunny. “Yeah, I liked it,” she shyly answered the PD’s question.

“Oh my god Sunny! You two are too cute,” I said as I pushed the girl beside me.

“Whatever, it was for the show,” she said.

“Uhuh. Okay,” I retorted. Seohyun began laughing too. Wah! If Seohyun could catch on that there was something there. Whew, it was good to know I wasn’t 100% imagining this. Her romance did come from this show, so there is hope for these two. I hoped so at least.

The next few minutes of the show consisted of them just walking around trying to find the address. Sooyoung told every person he saw that they were married though, which I thought was adorable, even if that was just for the show.

“Ahh, I’m getting nervous. What do you think is going to be there?”

“I don’t know, at first I thought it might be our house,” Sunny started earning a small gasp from Sooyoung. “But we’ve only been married what, a couple weeks?” He hummed. “Seohyunie had to wait months before she got hers.”

“Ah, yeah you’re right,” he paused. “Do you think it has something to do with our tour? Ooh! Do you think-“

“Annyeonghaseyo!” They stopped. They were soon greeted by a couple who invited them in to their house. I’m assuming this was the place they had been looking for.

“What…what is this place,” Sooyoung asked as they walked up the steps.

“This is a place that we rent out to newlyweds.” The two looked at each other. “It’s yours. Would you like to come in and see it?”

“Sunny! You got a freaking house!” She grinned. “How could you not tell us? That’s so cool, oh my god!”

“I know, now shut up. You’re missing the best part.” She was right too. They were taking a mini tour of their new house and it was incredible. The kitchen was beautiful and they even had a second floor. The bedroom had a cute little balcony with a great view of the city too. Omo. That would be such a nice place to live with Taeyeon one day. No Tiffany. Focus. You’re thinking about Sunny right now. Right, back to the show. Aish, never mind. It went to a commercial.

“That totally isn’t fair,” Seohyun whined from the other side of me. “Unnie gets a house a couple weeks in, and a nicer one at that.”

“Yeah, why did they give you one so soon,” Jessica asked. I was curious too.

“When I asked the PD he said it was because we already knew a lot about each other, so instead of all the ‘getting to know each other’ stuff, we’re going to be doing more activities.” Which made sense. It would be pretty stupid for them to sit around and talk about what they like and don’t like when they both somewhat knew.

When their portion of the show came back on the couple that showed them the house gave them another mission card. Ahh! What was it going to be? They opened the envelope once the couple left.

“Oh here are the keys!” Sooyoung held up a set of keys.

“Take a trip to the market and please buy all your daily necessities and food,” Sunny read aloud. “There will be presents waiting for you once you come back!”

They quickly made a list of what they needed to pick up. “Do we just walk there too,” Sooyoung asked.

“I guess so. It probably isn’t too far. Uh, where’s the house key at? Don’t tell me you already lost it,” Sunny teased.

“Aniyo,” Sooyoung said. “It’s beside the sink.”

“Alright, you win this time,” she said playfully. “Let’s g- Sooyoung-ah.” He hummed. “This isn’t just a house key pabo-yah. There’s a car key here too!”

“A car,” he asked excitedly.

“A car,” I asked as I turned to face Sunny. She nodded with a grin. Aish. You lucky girl. The show then cut to another couple. “Ugh,” I groaned aloud.

“I think the rest of that day will be aired next week too,” Sunny explained. “The show is almost over.” I looked at my watch. Damnit! She was right. I guess I would just have to wait until next week then.

“Sunny you really need to start telling us what happens on your dates. This suspense is killing me.” I heard Seohyun agree.

“I might,” Sunny laughed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today was going to be the first day in weeks that I would get to spend more than just a few minutes with Tiffany. Actually, I was going to be here with all of SNSD and my members. Today we were doing another SPAO photo shoot, but this time it was for fall clothes. I didn’t care what it was for really, I just wanted to see her.

We arrived at the studio early, but not that early I guess, since I saw SNSD’s van parked a few spots away from ours. The four of us then eventually made our way inside, only to be stopped by a crew member. Ugh! Lady, this better be quick! I need to see Tiffany.

“Annyeonghaseyo. We’re having a bit of technical difficulties here so we probably won’t be starting on time and I apologize.  Did any of you have other schedules?”

“Aniyo, we’re free all day,” my manager said happily. Yuri’s filming was supposed to start today, but there was something about technical issues with them too, so they pushed it back until tomorrow. What was the issue with cameras all of a sudden? I shrugged it off.

“If you’d like to, you can wait in your dressing room. It’s going to be down this hall on the left, right past SNSD’s.” I smiled. Good, I didn’t even have to ask. We thanked her and quickly bowed then made our way down the hall.

“You know I’m not going to our room,” I said as we neared SNSD’s door.

“Yeah I figured as much,” hyung said just before we reached. I knocked on the door and heard a faint ‘come in.’ So I did.

“Oh! I didn’t think it was going to be you oppa,” Seohyun greeted us first. That made the heads turn. I watched Tiffany quickly stand up from the chair she was in, but then she froze. She was also looking right past me… What was she looking at? I turned to see Sooyoung, Yuri, and my manager all entering the room closing the door behind them. What was she looking at them fo-

Before I could even finish my thought Tiffany had pulled me in to a big hug. I quickly threw all lingering thoughts out the window and wrapped my arms around her as well.

“I missed you Tiffany.”

“I missed you too Taetae,” she said as she squeezed me tighter. I could definitely stay like this all day, but I soon heard one of our managers clear his throat. Ugh, I guess that was the sign.

I started to pull away, only to be brought in once more. She quickly placed a kiss on my lips and then released me from the hug completely, besides the hand that she still firmly grasped.

“I know, I know,” she said in the way of her manager. “I haven’t been able to do that in forever though, so give me a break.” I smiled as he just shook his head.

“We’re going to go find out how long this is going to be,” my manager said.

“Don’t do anything stupid. Tiffany,” SNSD’s manager said before the two of them walked out.

“Oh, Taeyeon-ah,” Sunny started. “I don’t know if Miss Jealousy over there told you or not, but we all really loved your song with IU-ah.”

“Yah,” Tiffany shouted, causing me to laugh. “I told him.” Which was true, she called the same day that it was released, which was only a few days ago actually. The song had surprisingly been doing a lot better than everyone originally thought too, which was great.

“Good, I was just making sure since you got so whiney about it.” I laughed again.

“Aw, did my Fany-ah get jealous,” I asked cutely while taking Tiffany’s face in my hands. There was seriously nothing to get jealous over. Although IU is a very cute girl and we did have a lot of fun recording this song, there were no feelings toward her. Well more than friendship obviously. Actually once we got past our initial awkwardness, it wasn’t bad at all. We were both very alike. I really think we could become good friends. Hopefully when we get to promote this song we can become closer.

“Yah! This isn’t even fair,” Tiffany shouted as she moved my hands pulling, me back to the conversation. “Let’s ask Sooyoung about your department store date then Sunkyu-yah.” I turned to Sooyoung with wide eyes.

I had totally forgotten about the most recent episode of WGM that aired. We had a schedule that day though, so we didn’t get a chance to watch it yet. It’s only been out for two days though so Yuri and I weren’t too far behind. At least in our case Soo tells us what he does when he goes out to film. Maybe not in full detail, but he did mention they went shopping for their house.

“Uhm… what,” Sooyoung said.

“Oh don’t play dumb Sooyoung. You two were doing some pretty cute things for your second date,” Tiffany accused playfully.

“Well maybe if Taeyeon wasn’t so shy, you would have too,” Sunny said with a smirk. Ouch… I felt my face burn and immediately looked away.

Tiffany then took a step forward and kind of in front of me as if she were blocking me from Sunny. “Yah,” she started again. This time it didn’t sound playful at all. No this time she sounded, oh what’s the right word…pissed? Her voice was lower than usual and I was a little worried. I looked around to see everyone’s eyes now on us. Jessica looked ready to intervene at any second, yikes. Maybe I should do something before this gets any worse.

“Hey. Tiffany let’s go to the other dressing room. I have to give you something,” I lied. There was no response anyway. I pulled on her hand. “Fany-ah?”

“Right. Let’s go,” she said as she turned around. Making sure to drop my hand before we left, we soon were inside the other dressing room.

I couldn’t get what Sunny had said out of my head though. Was Tiffany upset with me? Oh god she was, wasn’t she? Sunny wouldn’t have said that if Tiffany wouldn’t have said it to her in the first place. Oh my g-

“I’m sorry.”

“Wh-what,” I said. I didn’t expect those words to be coming from her. “Why are you sorry?”

“Sunny shouldn’t have said that,” she said flatly from across the room. This was awkward and I hated it. I took a few steps closer and decided to just ask her. What was there to be afraid of? If I was lacking in any way I could fix it immediately, especially if it would keep my Fany happy.

We made eye contact and she quickly smiled and looked away, but I couldn’t. I had to ask. Oh no. Here goes nothing.

“Are you… are you disappointed? With me,” I quickly added.

Tiffany’s head turned up so quickly though that I was sure she had a neck injury now. “Taeyeon,” she half yelled, half whispered. “How could you think that,” she asked as she made her way to wrap her arms around me. “I love you pabo-yah. I’m very, very happy with you, so don’t ever think that again. Okay?” I hummed as I smiled a little, but the questions still filled my mind.

“Then why did Sunny say that? Are you disappointed with me in, in that area,” I hesitatingly asked. She was silent. Oh god she was. This was totally embarrassing. I needed to hear it though. “Tell me the truth Fany-ah. Please,” I begged. Still no response. Oh god, it felt like I had just been hit in the heart. “Am I that bad?”

“No!” Her loudness threw me off for a second, but I was glad to hear that response. “Sorry, I was thinking of how I wanted to say this. So just listen to me before you say anything okay?” I hummed and squeezed her in a little tighter. It didn’t sound like this was going to be good for me. “I don’t think you’re bad in that area at all. Actually you’re quite a good kisser,” she said causing my face to burn once more. “It’s just that,” she paused. Oh god here it comes. “You’re too cautious.”

“What,” I unintentionally asked aloud. That’s not what I was expecting at all.

“I said to let me finish pabo.”

“Right, right sorry,” I apologized. Now I was even more curious.

“You’re too cautious. You worry too much about us getting caught.” Uh yeah, I said in my head. I thought was the number one thing to not do. “But I don’t care anymore, if we get caught, we get caught. I just want to be with you.” My eyes were wide. Did she really just say that? “I want to go out and eat or just for a quick drive around, it doesn’t matter as long as I’m with you.”

“Jin-jinjja?” I felt her nod and then heard a quick hum.

“And for the other thing,” she paused. What other thing? “I wouldn’t mind taking our relationship to the next level.” Omo. That other thing. I gulped.

I pulled away so I could look her in the eyes and immediately knew what I needed to do. I could see I needed to take more initiative with her. Ugh, why did I have to stop last time at Caribbean Bay? No. That was the right decision Taeyeon. Our first time couldn’t have been in a silly spot like that. Oh well, it doesn’t matter now. Now I just needed to let her know I agreed, and boy did I agree. “Me either,” I said with a nervous smile. Another thought came to mind just then. As I pulled her in for a closer hug, I opened my mouth once again. “I still don’t think we should go public though Fany.”

I heard her whine a little but I couldn’t let what happened to Hyomin and Eunjung happen to us.

“Fany-ah,” I called cutely. “Do you know how many anti-fans Hyomin and Eunjung got after the incident?”

“Ugh, it serves them right,” she said in a disgusted way. I didn’t disagree though.

“Yeah, but Eunjung didn’t know about Sunny either, so you can’t blame her,” I said. Which was true based on what my cousin said. Hyoyeon called the same day that it happened to see if everything was alright. He also mentioned that a lot of their fans were really mad about the whole situation, I couldn’t even imagine if they knew the whole story.

“Yah, why are you taking her side,” she argued as she pushed me back a little. Oh goodness.

“I’m not taking anyone’s side babe. I’m just saying that shouldn’t go public yet. I don’t want you getting any anti-fans.” Her glare softened as she molded against me once more.

“Okay. If that’s what you want.” She still sounded a little bummed out. Ugh.

“Just because we’re not publicly out doesn’t mean we can’t go out in public though does it,” I asked playfully. She looked up at me with wide eyes. “I promise I’ll take you out somewhere soon.”

Her face grew to the position I loved seeing the most. Mouth wide, showing her beautiful smile and her eyes in the cutest little crescents. “Jinjja?” I nodded. I definitely knew I made the right decision with saying that.

“I just promised Fany-ah! I don’t know how soon it will be though,” I said after thinking about it for a second. Both of our schedules were going to be pretty full for a while

SM wanted us to start working on another album this week, that wasn’t even the real kicker. The president wanted me to write all the songs on it.

Which I agreed to after hearing it was only going to be a mini album. I really almost had a heart attack that day though. Gah, 13 songs all at once? I couldn’t even imagine. Four songs were definitely doable. Not to mention that I was probably going to start promoting the new duet here soon. All of this was already piled on top of our tour preparations and already scheduled events. Oh and I can’t forget our regular classes and practices either. Gah, and this was only me.

“I know Tae. It just sounds nice to hear you promise.” I smiled.

“Don’t worry. I’ll make it happen!”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It was after the shoot and we were getting ready to go to our next schedule, which was a radio interview. I think so at least, I’m not sure. Whatever it was I wanted to see Taeyeon one more time before I left. God knows how long it will be until I can spend time with him like I did today.

“Oppa I’m going next door,” I said to my manager, but left before I could hear his reply. The door quickly opened after me though. “Oppa just let m- Oh. It’s just you.”

“Ouch. Thanks, I’ll come with you.”

“Whatever,” I said as I knocked on their door. After hearing their invitation we quickly stepped in.

“Oh, hey Tiff, and Jessica,” Sooyoung greeted. Hmm. It’s good to see he wasn’t as nervous around her anymore. “Taeng is over there.” That was my cue. I made my way to where he nodded and sure enough there he was. He looked kind of out of it though.

I quickly went behind him and wrapped my arms around him. “Oh? Fany?” I lightly pushed him away.

“Yah, who did you expect it to be,” I accused playfully. He grinned causing my heart to skip a beat.

“It’s not like that~,” he cutely protested. “My mind is all crazy and I’m a little nervous right now, I’m sorry.” I pouted.

“What’s wrong?”

“Oh nothing’s wrong. Actually it’s great,” he said confusing the hell out of me. “Hyung said that IU and I will be preforming on Music Bank and Inkigayo in a few weeks.”

“What really?” He nodded. “That’s awesome Tae. You’ll definitely win,” I cheered. “But then what’s got you all nervous?”

“Oh, I’m going to be going on a plane for the first time soon.” That was it? “We have a performance in Busan the same day that I have to be back for Music Bank, so I’ll have to fly.”

I guess after being on a plane so many times myself, I’ve gotten used to it. I do remember my first time being pretty nerve-racking too.

“I wish you could come with me,” he said taking my hand in his. “I wouldn’t be nervous at all.”

“I wish I could come with you too Taetae. Ah,” I shouted. A brilliant idea popped in to my head. I quickly pulled out my phone totally ignoring Taeyeon’s questioning. I heard my manager pick up on the other end. “Oppa, can you bring me that thing I keep in the van with me?”

“What thing?”

“You know, the big green thing…” I trailed off. I didn’t want to say too much with Taeyeon being right here.

“Oh Tiffany, I don’t want to carry that thing in here.” I laughed. I guess it is pretty ridiculous, but I needed it.

“Oppa, please. It’s urgent.” I heard him deeply sigh.

“Fine. I’ll be right there.” He hung up as I cheered aloud.

“What is he bringing and why is it urgent?” I smiled up to the confused boy.

“You’ll see. It’s something that you can take with you on your trip instead of having me. I bought it because when I saw it in the store it immediately reminded me of you. And now every time I look at it I think about you so,” I trailed off. Crap. “Oh, I guess it wouldn’t be much help to you then would it?”

That completely slipped my mind. Why would he want to think about himself? Wow, Tiff you really are losing it.

“I’m sure I’ll love it.” I gave him a disbelieving look. “I’m serious. When I look at it, I’ll just think about how you bought it to remind you of me,” he said and pulled me in to plant a kiss on my forehead. “And,” he paused. “And what the hell is that?” I turned around.

“Ah! Oppa. Thank you so much.”

“Yeah. We’re leaving in five okay?” I nodded as I turned back to Taeyeon with item in hand.

“Yah Tiff again with those?” I heard Jessica ask. I totally forgot she had even come with.

“What is this,” Taeyeon asked again.

“These,” I corrected. “Are peas. Well peas in a pod,” I added as I ped the middle revealing three peas inside. He laughed.

“Why do they remind you of me?” I smiled even bigger before I answered.

“I think you kinda look alike.”

“What? How do I look like these?” He looked so confused and so cute all at once.

“Look,” I said pulling the one out with the biggest smile and little eye smiles. “You two look just alike.”

“No we don’t,” he argued.

“Ugh,” I voiced. “Jess, don’t they look the same.” I held up the pea to Taeyeon’s face. “Now smile.” He barely smiled. “Ani~,” I whined. “Smile for real. Please~.” He did and the whole room busted out in laughter.

“Oh my god Taeyeon, you totally do,” Jessica laughed.

“Daebak,” Yuri laughed.

“What? Do we really?” he took the pea from my hand and looked I the mirror. “Oh wow, I guess we kinda do huh?” I nodded.

“You know what,” I started after thinking for a second. “I think I’ll keep him. You can have the other two and the pod.”

“Uh! But Fany-ah, I like him the best~,” he whined.

“Too bad, he’s mine,” I said just before I planted one last kiss on his lips. Making sure to grab my favorite pea from his hands, I ran out of the room pulling Jessica too. Oppa did say we had to leave soon anyway.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

We had just arrived at the KBS studio and I’m pretty sure we were running late. I hopped out of the van and quickly made my way inside with hyung. Since the others just had to do a quick fan signing and then drive back, he left them with Dobin.

We made our way to a restroom where I could quickly change into my stage outfit, which was white pants and shirt and a pink vest over top, with a little red bow tie to top it all off. I laughed at myself in the mirror, but I guess this did go with the cuteness of the song.

“Hyung, did you figure out where IU is,” I asked as I stepped out.

“Ne, let’s go. Maybe you’ll have enough time to rehearse it with her before you have to go on.” I nodded. I really did hope so. I knew the show already started, but thankfully we were preforming last.

Soon enough we found the room. After knocking a few times the lady who I had recognized as IU’s manager let us in.

I greeted her quickly before looking around the room. Before I could spot IU though…

“Oppa, you’re not too late. You had me worried,” she laughed. “Oh and you look nice today!”

“Ah thanks. You too,” I smiled. “I guess I made it just on ti-“

“What on earth is that?” She was pointing at me? Oh god, did I get something on these white clothes already? I quickly looked down, but soon realized what she was talking about.

“These are, uh… my peas.” She busted out in laughter.

“Oh my, why do you have those?” I awkwardly scratched the back of my head.

“They were a gift. It was supposed to help my nervousness when I flew, since it was my first time.”

“Oh jinjja?” I nodded. “Well then, did it work?”

“Yeah, I think so,” I answered while looking down at the huge pea pod in my arms. A smile grew on my face just as it did every time I looked at those silly little things. Gah Tiffany, what have you done to me?

“Well that’s all that matters then,” she said cheerfully. “Maybe I can take them on stage with me. This is the first time I’m in running for first place.” My eyes widened.

“Really?” She nodded this time. “Wow,“ I marveled. That was really hard for me to believe. I’ve always thought IU had a great voice. I don’t know how she hasn’t won on any of these shows yet. I thought she was pretty popular already? Hmm, oh well. “When you go down in history, my name will be right beside yours now, since tonight will be the first time you win,” I laughed.

“Hey, don’t get too far ahead now,” she warned. “But that would be awesome right?” I smiled again.

“Definitely. Do you want to run through it once?”

We did, twice actually. It wasn’t like we had any hard dance moves or anything, the key point of the whole choreography was for me to try to hug her and then get pushed away about three fourths of the way in to the song. She was nervous though, and I figured this would calm her nerves a little. It always helped me to go over it again at least.

After a few more minutes of talking and joking around, getting my mind away from the situation at hand was another thing that really helped, the door opened. “IU-ssi, Taeyeon-ssi, you’re on in ten. Follow me and we’ll get you mic’d and ready.” We nodded and followed him along with our managers.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Oppa, seriously. Can we please take like a fifteen minute break. I need to watch Taeyeon on Music Bank.” I knew the show was already more than half over, but since they were in the running for the first place position right now, they would be going close to last.

“Tiffany,” he said exhaustedly.

“Oppa please! Just until the end of the show,” I begged.

“I wouldn’t mind seeing it either,” Sunny piped up. Yes, I cheered mentally.

“Fine. You all are starting again once the show is over.”

“Yes sir,” I saluted. Quickly finding the remote I the television and sat on the sofa. This was one of the best parts of having a living room that was large enough to have dance rehearsal in.

“Oh look it’s f(x),” Seohyun said once the picture on the screen came to.

“I had no idea Krystal was going to be on there today.” I laughed.

“Wow, Jess. You really are a horrible sister.”

“Yah, it’s not my fault she doesn’t tell me.”

“Mhm, whatever you say!”

“Shut up they’re on,” Sunny said. “Oh just kidding. It’s just BEAST. Don’t give me that look, they were changing cameras around.” I sighed and focused back on the television.

They were on next however. “Omo, they look so cute,” Seohyun commented. I didn’t disagree. Taeyeon looked so good in pink. Waah~

“Don’t you think her dress is a little short,” I questioned after taking a quick glance at IU.

“Seriously Tiff? You wear things shorter than that literately every day,” Jess said with a sassy tone. Okay I was maybe overreacting a little, but if the ‘Oh my god IU and Taeyeon are so cute together’ comments weren’t bad before, they were only going to get worse. They really did look cute together, obviously not as cute as we did, but pretty cute nonetheless.

Their song went well and Taeyeon hit all his high notes perfectly, which was still really impressive I thought. I wasn’t happy with the hand holding at the end of their performance either, but it did make me feel better to see that it was a little awkward for them.

Soon after it was the end of the show. I was excited to see the results. I really hoped Taeyeon won! He totally deserved it.  The idols all came out on stage with the MCs in front of them. I quickly spotted Taeyeon in his all white outfit. I held my breath as he announced the next few words.

“And the number on spot goes to…Yes it’s IU-ssi and Kim Taeyeon-ssi!” “Congratulations! This is IU-ssi’s first ever win on a music program!”

The camera showed a close up of them and IU looked so shocked. Okay it was actually really adorable. I remember my first time winning, I was on stage in tears. I saw Luna then come and give her a little push toward the front. They were both all smiles as they walked to where the MCs were. Wah! I was so happy for both of them! I was totally going to have to call him after this and maybe lighten up on her a little.

They handed IU the microphone, but she then quickly tried to hand it off to Taeyeon. I laughed aloud. This girl was too much. He refused it with a smile and then she hesitatingly began her speech. I didn’t focus much on that however, I was too busy admiring my handsome boyfriend. Gah, he really was something.

________________________________________________________________________________________

It’s been a few days since Taeyeon won on Music Bank. Actually in the same weekend they also won Inkigayo. Seriously, that song was even bigger than before. It even won a few ‘Song of the Month’ polls. I was so proud of my Taeyeon. I was also completely excited.

Tomorrow is my 22nd birthday. That’s not even the best part! Taeyeon had made double sure with my manager to not schedule anything for me tomorrow because he had a surprise. I don’t know what it was going to be, nor did I even care really. I was just excited to spend all day with Taeyeon.

My phone started ringing. Odd. It’s already past 10PM. Who is i-

“Ah! Taeyeon-ah~!”

“Fany-ah, how are you? Did I wake you?”

“Ani, I was just getting in to bed. How did your shoot go,” I asked curiously. They were filming for some commercial today, I totally spaced on what it was for though.

“It was good. We just got finished,” he replied. He sounded tired too. I pouted a little. He was working way too hard these days.

“Well hurry back and go to sleep, you can’t be tired for tomorrow!” I smiled again just thinking about it.

“I need to talk to you about tomorrow,” he replied. My eyes widened. Was he going to tell me where he was taking me? That was really unlike him.

“Oh yeah? Where are we going,” I asked curiously. “Should I dress up?” I heard him say my name. No? Okay then. “What should I wear then Taeyeon?”

“Tiffany,” he paused. “I can’t go.” The world stopped for a second. “Fany?”

“Wh-why can’t you go?” Good job Tiffany, let’s listen to his reasoning before getting too bent out of shape.

“Hyung told us just before I called you that we were suddenly scheduled for a television show tomorrow.” I could hear the sadness in his voice, but this still . Big time. I should have known this would have happened though. “I don’t know how long we’ll be there but I’ll try to get back as soon as I can. I’m still going to see you, even if it’s only for a minute. Okay?” I smiled a little at his words. “Oh, I have to go. Hyung wants to talk to us. I love you Tiffany, and happy birthday! I’m really sorry.”

“Don’t be,” I said. “And thank you Taeyeon,” I smiled. “I love you too.”

“I’m being serious though Fany-ah, I promise I will see you tomorrow, maybe not all day like I planned, but I will. So don’t hate me too much,” I heard him laugh which brought a smile to my face again.

“Don’t worry Taetae, I could never hate you. Now go.”

____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, this was kind of just one huge filler chapter.
The next one will be cuter.^^ (I hope)

Thank you all so much for reading my story!
Please continue to subscribe/upvote.^^
Don’t be afraid to leave a comment or suggestion!.
Reading them is my favorite part!