Visitors

Into the New World

 

 

It was the morning of the 14th and I couldn’t be more excited. My mom and sister would be here in about an hour. Thirty minutes later I was showered, dressed, and waiting in the living room. Hyung said that I had to look nice when I went out for when the paparazzi found me. Which was probably going to happen, they literately, always found us these days. I was sort of impressed with their ability to do so actually, but at the same time very annoyed.

Luckily though our manager had recently been given an assistant to help him out, who would end up being kind of like or second manager I guess. Since we’re starting to do more separate activities, he would really come in helpful. I know in SNSD’s case they have one main one, but then a couple assistants that go along with them to separate events sometimes or especially to the airport. I’m not 100% sure about all the details.

I haven’t met him yet, however today he was going to be the one hanging around with my family and I, so I hoped he was at least a little bit fun.

A little while later Yuri came casually strolling in to the living room, where I was.

“Hey Taeng, are they coming up or are you just going down?”

“I’m sure she’ll want to see where I’m living Yul. So they’ll probably come up.”

“Ahh, well in that case,” he stood up and walked back in to his room. I laughed and shook my head when he came back out with a shirt on.

“Good idea,” I commented. “My sister’s just now ten Yul, you can’t charm her like that.”

The doorbell rang. I jumped up from my seat in an instant to see that it was just some guy at the door. Omo! Is he the new manager? I rushed to the door and quickly opened it only to be jumped on by a small child.

It was totally them! I wrapped my arms tightly around the little girl in my arms. “Hayeon-ah how have you been?” Wow I’ve missed them so much.

“Op..pa..I … can’t breathe.”

“Omo, mian.” I set her back on the floor and then saw my mom staring right at us with a huge grin. “Oh, come in, come in.” I moved back so everyone could walk in. Hayeon didn’t leave my side though, which I thought was incredible. Even after a year or more she felt this close to me. I loved it!

My mother walked in followed by a man that looked a few years older than I was. “Yuri-yah, 1, 2, 3.” On three we introduced ourselves to him in our typical way. Since this was work related, I had to introduce myself before I could continue with my family.

“It’s nice to meet you guys, I’ll be spending a lot of time with you from here on out. My name is Bin Dobin. It’s really easy to remember,” he joked.

“Ah ne, well, feel free to look around. Make yourself at home,” I said before turning my attention back to my mom. “Umma,” I said as I then gave her a big hug as well. I felt tears forming in my eyes all of a sudden. “I missed you guys so much, you don’t even know.”

“Oh we know Taeyeon-ah,” she said as she pulled out of the hug. I could see tears falling, but she changed the subject. Gah, and I wondered where I got that trait from. “Yuri-yah are you doing well?”

“Ne eomonim! Have you all eaten?” That was a great question. I looked at my mom.

“Yes, of course. Don’t worry about us.”

“Hey,” I said loudly. “Do you guys want the grand tour?” I saw Hayeon nod her head while my mom just smiled. “Dobin-ah, I can show you around too. Come on. Yul, wake Soo up.” I heard him say ‘arasso’ before he walked off.

Since our dorm wasn’t that large, the ‘grand tour’ didn’t take very long. Before I knew it we were back in the living room.

“This is my favorite part though,” I said as I headed to the balcony that had its large curtain drawn over it. I quickly pulled it back, letting the sun shine across everything it could reach.

“OMO, mom! Can I go out there?” She laughed.

“Honey, it’s not my house. Ask your brother.” I already had the door unlocked. Pulling it open Hayeon quickly ran past me and out on to the balcony.

“The view is prettier at night,” I commented. “You know I think this is the first time we’ve actually used it since the weather has gotten nice.”

“Oh jinjja,” Dobin asked.

“Yeah, we moved in at around the beginning of the year. Actually our whole old dorm could fit in these two rooms right here,” I explained motioning toward the living room and kitchen area we now had. I felt a hand in mine.

“Taeyeon, I’m so proud of you. Of everything you’ve done. It really makes me so happy knowing that you’re doing what you love, and doing it well at that” I could see she was starting to tear up again. Oh no. If she keeps this up there’s no doubt I will start too.

“Umma, I-“

“Eomonim!” I looked to see the now awake Sooyoung walking toward us. I silently thanked him for interrupting that tear jerking moment. Whew. That was a close one too. No crying today! Happy moments only!

“Sooyoung-ah. It’s nice to see you again.”

“How have you been eomonim? Have you eaten?”

“Yes, yes. Don’t worry about me. I actually made food for you all.” She looked around a little. “Oh I must have left it in the van.”

Now that she mentioned it, they didn’t bring anything inside. I guess they didn’t think they were staying here. “Hyung, could you go grab my mom and sister’s bags from the van? Are there a bunch?”

“Ani, there were only three,” he responded.

“Ah, well can you please go get them? They’ll be staying here tonight.”

“Jinjja!?” “Taeyeon…” Were the two responses I received from the females in the room.

“Umma, don’t worry, you two can use my bed and I’ll take the sofa. It’ll only be one night. It’s not like we haven’t slept less comfortable places,” I laughed. Sooyoung and Yuri chuckled as well. Cars, floors, against walls, even on tables a few times. Yeah a sofa would be more than okay.

“Taeyeon I-“

“Mom, there’s no since in paying for a hotel when you can stay right here. Unless you want me to get you a room?” She gave me another look and I smiled. I knew she wouldn’t have let me. “Good. You’re staying here.” With that Dobin left our dorm to retrieve their bags. “Hey Hayeon,” I started. A thought popped in to my head. She looked at me. “You’ve never seen oppa preform have you?”

“Aniyo. I have.” Wait really? I tried to think of when they saw me. Was it…? No. “I watch you every time you’re on television. My friends are so jealous of me too,” she laughed. “They think you’re so cute, which is gross.” Her nose scrunched up. Aish!

“Yah! You look just like me brat,” I teased.

“Ugh, oppa! I do not!”

“Sorry kid,” Sooyoung said from the sofa. “You two could be twins.” I heard her start to argue back.

“Anyway,” I said loudly, interrupting the children bickering. “Do you want us to sing a song for you before we go on our first adventure?”

“Yeah! Please, please! Do the new one!”

I laughed. “Arasso. Let’s go guys. Mom, Hayeon, have a seat on the sofa.”

I quickly went to our stereo and plugged in my phone. I scrolled through looking for the instrumental version of our song. There it is! “Ahha. Ready?” I heard a confirmation and hit play. I made sure to play out all my cute motions I do throughout the song in my sister’s direction. My mom and Hayeon both loved it.

“Woo,” my sister cheered as we finished. “That was so good!”

“Yes it was. Now, Taeyeon. My friend had said that you wrote that song about someone.” Oh god this wasn’t good. I couldn’t tell her yet. “Is that true?”

By the grace of something holy, Dobin had just re-entered the dorm.

“Oh, look at the time. Dobin-ah are we ready to leave?”

“What, uh. Oh yeah Taeyeon-ssi. We can go whenever.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Oppa that was so fun,” Hayeon exclaimed as we got back in the van.

This morning I had taken my mom and sister shopping at a mall in Gangnam that was nearby. I let them buy quite a few things. Since we had been doing so many commercials and appearances these past few months, my income had also gone up recently. I mean, I don’t really spend much on myself, so why not let them get a few things?

Hayeon wanted way more than my mom did however. She kept on saying how she didn’t want to spend any more of my money, since I send them some every month anyway. It was driving me nuts! In the end though I convinced her to pick out a few things, on top of a nicer outfit that I said was mandatory to buy.

Tonight I was going to take them out to dinner at a little bit of a fancier place. I would have settled for somewhere regular, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to get away with having not only me, but two SNSD members walking up in a noodle shop like it was no big deal. I had hyung make a reservation a few days ago somewhere with a private room.

“Where are we going now,” she asked from beside me.

“Ah, oppa has to go to work for a little while. I’m really sorry,” I said. “But, you can come watch, or you and umma can go somewhere else until I’m done. After this though I’m all yours until you leave tomorrow night.”

“What is it that you are going to do today Taeyeon-ah?”

“Oh, right mom it’s a just photo shoot today! We have been signed on to endorse the Coke soda.” It was a huge deal. Coke was a ginormous product. I was actually really excited for this one.

“Wow, Taeyeon. That’s fantastic! Will we see you on TV?”

“Eventually, today we’re just shooting the print ads. We’ll be doing the commercial in the next week or so,” I explained.

“Ahh, I see. That’s still wonderful Taeyeon. I’m proud of you.”

“Thanks mom! It should only take a few hours, but afterward were going straight to dinner, so don’t go out and eat,” I teased.

“Umma I want to stay and watch! Can we, can we?”

“Of course dear.” I smiled. Seeing my sister this excited was awesome.  I really missed having this brat around. Well, I guess I have two new brats instead.

A bit later we arrived at the studio. Stepping outside I could see some fans waiting around. Seriously? How did they always know where we were going to be? They knew our schedule better than I did. I shook my head and stepped out. Waving and smiling toward the small crowd I quickly made my way inside.

“Taeyeon-ah, you’re here?”

“Ah, yeah hyung. Am I late?” I figured I was. Toward the end of our mall visit it had started to get a little crazy. Not only were fans snapping pictures every which way, there were a few paparazzi there too. I didn’t understand though. I mean I was with my mom and little sister… How news worthy could that be?

“Ani, you’re actually on time. Mrs. Kim it’s nice to see you again,” he said as he bowed. Oh really? Nice!

“You too Hanyoung-ah. Hopefully he hasn’t been too much of a trouble to you,” she joked.

“Oh, of course not. He’s actually the best behaved of the three.” Really? That’s hard to believe with all the Tiffany related troubles we’ve been through, I thought.

“Ah. That’s good to hear.”

He hummed. “Taeyeon if you want to go ahead to hair and makeup its right down that hall on the left,” he pointed. “I can take you two to where you will be able to watch from if you’d like?”

“That’d be nice thank you,” my mother said. “Do well Taeyeon.”

“Oppa fighting!” I watched them walk off and then quickly went to where I was supposed to go.

Around twenty minutes later Hyung and Dobin came walking in to the room where Yuri, Sooyoung and I were in. I had to finish putting on this pair of shoes and then I would be ready to start.

“Oh yeah hyung! Could you do me a favor?”

“Sure, what is it?” I smiled.

“Before the hair stylists and makeup artists leave today could you ask them to make up my mom and sister? We’re going out to dinner later at that new fancy place remember?” He nodded. “Hayeon would love it. I’m not too sure about my mom though…” I trailed off. “Would that be possible?”

He nodded again. “I’m sure they wouldn’t mind. I’ll ask them once you get started.”

“Woo! Thank you so much.”

“Let’s go,” Soo said from across the room. Right! The shoot. I started walking toward the door.

“Oh! Their clothes for later are still in the van too,” I said. “Dobin-ah can you please bring them in? You remember which ones right?”

“Ah ne Taeyeon-ssi.”

“Okay thanks, grab mine too please! Oh and please speak comfortably with me,” I laughed. “Didn’t I say that once already?”

He laughed. “Yeah, I guess it’s just out of habit.”

“Ah, don’t worry about it! You’ll get used to us sooner or later,” I joked and then walked out.

After around three or four hours the three of us were finally done with the shoot. After thanking the PD and crew that had worked with us today, I quickly headed in to the changing area.

I already made them wait this long, I didn’t want to keep my family any longer. I quickly changed out of the outfit I was wearing for the last part of the shoot. I proceeded to put on my new dress pants and button up white shirt. That was when hyung and Dobin walked in followed by Sooyoung and Yuri.

“Jesus. You’re quick.” I laughed.

“Ani, I just don’t want to keep my mom waiting anymore. Did the stylists agree,” I asked eagerly.

“Ah, ne. Your sister was so excited,” he laughed. “She is quite a handful,” hyung joked.

I smiled as I stood up from tying my shoes. “Oh, do you know if SNSD is ready?”

“SNSD?”

“Ani I have no idea, want me to call Jiho-yah?”

“Wait, what about SNSD?”

“Oh no, I can call her,” I said as I quickly pulled out my phone. I dialed her number and waited for her answer

“Is someone going to tell me what SNSD has to do with what’s going on right now,” Dobin asked. Wait a minute… what?

“Hyung you didn’t tell him?” I saw him shake his head. Omo. I wanted to say something else but then she picked up.

“Taeyeon.”

“Hello to you too,” I teased.

“It’s no time to joke! What do I wear?” Oh good lord.

“I don’t know, were going to that new restaurant. It’s kinda fancy, so… a dress?” I had no idea.

“Taeyeon, you are seriously no help. You know that right,” she said causing me to laugh.

“I know, I’m sorry, but you look good in everything so I don’t know what you want me to tell you,” I said with a smile. “I’m getting ready to leave the shoot now though, so uh, wait,” I moved the phone away from my mouth a little. “Hyung how long will it take to get there from here?”

“Probably about 45 minutes.” I gave him an okay sign and continued on the phone.

“So it’ll take like 45 minutes to get there. Remember you’re showing up a little late as the surprise!”

“I know, I know,” she said. “That’ll still only give me an hour.”

“They’re coming to dinner,” I heard Dobin exclaim in the background. Yikes, he really didn’t know anything about our situation with SNSD.

“Tae, I’ll see you in an hour. I still need to finish getting ready. Okay?” I could hear the nervousness in her voice. Hell, I was pretty nervous too. My mom was about to meet the girl that I’m dating, no not even just dating, the girl that I was madly in love with, the girl that I was 99.9% sure I wanted to marry one day. Yeah, I guess it was pretty nerve-wracking.

“Okay. Hey,” I started. “Don’t be nervous. She’ll love you. I love you.”

“I love you too Taeyeon. Bye!”

“Bye Fany-ah.” I hung up the phone and grabbed my over jacket that was still on its hanger. Turning around I saw my manager and Dobin both looking right at me.

“You-you’re dating Tiffany-ssi?” My eyes grew wide as I think my heart dropped to my stomach for a second.

“He didn’t know?”

“He didn’t know.”

“Oh my god.” I could hear Sooyoung and Yuri laughing now. “Yah, it isn’t funny… Are you sure you two don’t want to go?”

“They can’t,” Hyung answered for them. “They have schedules.” Aish. How was I the only one without something to do? I was not going to complain about it these two days though!

“You’re really dating Tiffany Hwang?” He pulled me back from my thoughts. “Omo, I’m such a big fan of SNSD. I knew your groups were close, but this…”

“Yes,” I said as I moved closer to him. “No one else knows though, and I’d like to keep it that way.”

“Don’t worry Taeng. He signed the confidentiality agreement. You’re good,” hyung explained. “But, you better get going.”

“Ah! Right,” I checked my watch. “Dobin-ah. Let’s go.” We headed out to find my mom and sister before something else popped in my head. I stopped. “Dobin-ah. My mom doesn’t even know yet, so please don’t say anything okay? After today though it should be fine.”

“Don’t worry Taeyeon-ssi, I mean ah! I’ve got it!”

Not long after we finally found my family. Or I should say they found me.

“Oppa!” A little body came flying toward me. “You looked so cool out there. Yuri and Sooyoung oppa too!"

“Ah thank you Hayeon-ah. Waah~! You look so nice. I heard my stylist friends helped you out a bit?”

“Yeah! They did my hair! Isn’t it pretty?” I laughed. Gah, she was way more hyper than I remembered.

“Yeah Hayeonie, it sure is. Umma,” I said as my mom came in to view. She looked nice as well. She had on her new long black skirt and a dark greenish blue blouse. “You look great,” I complimented. I heard Dobin clear his throat. Right! ”Are we ready to go? We don’t want to be late.”

Pretty soon we were in a van heading back toward Gangnam. Just like hyung had said 45 minutes later we arrived at the restaurant.

Stepping out of the van, I noticed a few people with cameras start to take my picture. Jeesh, I wasn’t even out for ten seconds yet, but I guess it was a new restaurant and they were expecting celebrities. Ugh, whatever.

Hayeon hopped out as I helped my mom from the front seat. As soon as Dobin made his way around from the driver’s side we began walking inside. More people seemed to have popped right out of thin air, for now there was a small crowd, calling at me. I grabbed my sister’s hand to make sure she wouldn’t get separated. I thanked everyone and waved a few times before finally stepping inside the restaurant.

“Oppa, that was almost as bad as this morning.” I nodded. That wasn’t even too bad either. I was now hoping tomorrow wouldn’t be totally ruined because of fans. They’d understand right? We’d have security anyway.

“Omo,” the hostess said before coming to her senses. “I mean uhm, Mr. Kim right this way.” We followed the lady to an area in the very back of the building. “And here is your room, as promised. It is completely private. The only people that will come in and out are the wait staff. Is there anything else I can help you with before I go?”

“Ah ne,” I started. “Umma, you and Hayeon can go inside. Hayeonie find us a seat okay?”

“Okay oppa! Let’s go umma!” I waited for them to go inside before I started again.

“Right, I was wondering if it would be possible to get a small cake done or if not can I bring a bought one inside,” I laughed. “I know it’s very short notice, but it’s my sister’s birthday.”

“Aniyo, I’m sure it won’t be a problem. I’ll talk to the chef,” she said as she started to bow.

“One more thing.” She stopped to look at me. “Sunny and Tiffany of SNSD should be here in about 10 minutes or so and if you could just show them where this room was that’d be amazing. I’m surprising my sister.”

“N-ne. Is that all?”

“Yes. Thank you very much,” I said and bowed.

“Oh, is it fine if I use this table here,” Dobin asked while pointing toward a table just outside the room.

“Dobin-ah, don’t be a fool. You can join us too,” I said and laughed.

“Ani, I’ll let you enjoy your family time. It’s fine,” he said with a smile.

“Are you sure?” He nodded. “Whatever works for you I guess. Thank you again ma’am.”

As the woman walked away I swear I heard her mumble the words ‘SNSD’ and ‘oh my god.’ I laughed as I entered the room. This was probably her lucky day.

“Did you see that huge fish tank on the way in?” “Yes, I did honey.”

“Oh, can we- Oppa! Can we go look at that huge fish tank?” I laughed again.

“Not right now, but we can later okay?”

“Fine~! Why did we get such a big room,” she asked while looking around. I guess it was pretty big for the three of us. Even when they got here it would still seem pretty large.

“Well, I guess this is the smallest room they had, and a few of my friends might pop by later.”

“Oh jinjja?” I nodded. “Why didn’t Sooyoung and Yuri oppa just come with us then?”

“Yah,” I laughed. “I have more friends than those two you know.” I shook my head. If we didn’t look so much alike, I’d really question if this was my sister or Sooyoung’s. Jeesh, they acted scary alike.

A few minutes later a waiter came to get our orders. Crap! “Uhm, we’re actually waiting on a few people,” I said apologetically. 

“Oh no problem, I can just get everyone’s drink orders if you’d like.”

“Oppa I want orange juice,” Hayeon whispered to me. I grinned. Now that was the shy little Hayeon I remember.

“Okay, mom?” She said what she wanted and then I spoke again. “Okay make that four waters and an orange juice.” I went ahead and ordered theirs too.

“Okay, I’ll be back soon.” With that he was gone. A few minutes later however, the loud Hayeon was back again.

“What’s taking your friends so long? I want to order, I’m so hungry,” she called out. That was a good question though. I pulled my phone out of my pocket just as I was getting an incoming call.

“Yeboseyo?”

“Hey, it’s Sunny, were here.” Woo! The real excitement was about to begin. “Yah, hurry and let us in before Tiffany runs away.” Omo.

“Okay, I’ll be right there,” I said before hanging up. “Hayeon come here for a second.” I stood up and led her to about ten feet in front of the door. “Stay there.” She nodded. “You can come in now,” I called toward the door.

Then in came Sunny, followed by Tiffany, who looked amazing. I was pretty sure my jaw actually hit the floor. No joke. She was wearing a bright blue dress that also happened to look pretty low cut. Yep, if I wasn’t going to sit beside her before, I definitely had to now.

Gosh she was perfect. I smiled so big my cheeks hurt. I don’t think I’ll ever get over the fact that she loves me too.

Sunny pulled me from my thoughts by wrapping me into a hug, and then moved past me leaving Tiffany. I quickly wrapped my arms around her as well. Oh gosh, she smelled so nice too.

“Fany-ah, don’t be nervous. You look beautiful,” I said quietly before releasing. “Sunny, Tiffany. I would like you to meet my sister Hayeon,” I motioned to the little girl who was now in shock. “And my mother Kim-“

“Eomonim!” The next thing I know Sunny is over hugging my mother. “Taeyeon-ah has told us so much about you both.” Well that was going better than I expected. I looked to Hayeon who was still frozen in place looking at Tiffany, who was frozen as well. Crap.

“Tiffany,” I whisper yelled. “Say something.”

She nodded and then her face changed completely. “Hi Hayeon! We heard it was your birthday today. How old are you now?” No response. Tiffany looked worriedly at me.

“Hayeon aren’t you going to answer your unnie?” Still nothing. “Hay-“

“I… I need to go to the bathroom.” My mother took a few steps closer.

 “I’ll go with you.”

“Oh don’t worry about it eomonim! I can take her if you want,” Sunny cheered.

“That would be perfect Sunny-ah,” my mom replied as I then led Tiffany closer to the table. I shook my head. Gah, Sunny was the best with parents. I’ve never seen my mom charmed that quickly.

“Umma, this is Tiffany Hwang, she-”

“Of course is it Taeyeon. I know who SNSD is. Gosh, you should have told me they were coming I would have worn something nicer.” Oh my god, even my mom is a fan!

“Oh no, Mrs. Kim you look wonderful,” Tiffany complimented.

“That’s nonsense, here you two have a seat,” she said and motioned to us. “And call me eomonim.”

I let Tiffany sit down and then I moved in beside her. We were sitting on one side of a bench like seat, the other three would I guess sit in the chairs on the opposite side of the table. Just then the door opened and another waiter came in. Hmm, he didn’t have our drinks though.

“Hello, I’m here to see if you’re ready to order.”

“Ani,” I said. “We just told the other guy our drinks not too long ago,” I explained.

“Omo, I’m so sorry.” I smiled.

“Don’t worry about it. Mix-ups happen.” He then bowed and started to turn away.

“Oh! I almost forgot. The owner asked me to get a picture of you all in here so we could post it on our site to show that you all ate here, but if you’re against it, I don’t have to,” he said as he smiled at us.

Oh crap. What do we do? I guess I didn’t mind? I mean we are eating here…

“What do you think Fany-ah,” I whispered as I turned.

“Shouldn’t we wait for Sunny?”

“Oh, I already got her picture in the hall on the way in here. We can wait though, it’s fine.”

“Ani. You can take it, go ahead.”

“Wah! Thank you so much! My boss is going to love this,” the man said cheerfully. “Okay if you two can move in a little closer.” I did so. “A little closer, sorry the lens on this camera is really small.”

“No problem,” I said and moved in even closer. We then smiled for the picture.

“Ah, thank you again. Your drinks should be here any minute.”

We thanked the man as he left. My mom then took her seat at the table. “Aish Taeyeon, you really should have told me they were coming.”

“That would have ruined the surprise,” I laughed.

“Don’t worry Mrs. Kim, you really do look just fine. That’s actually a really good color on you.”

“Oh, is that so?” Tiffany nodded. “Ahh, Taeyeon-ah made me pick something out earlier, just for tonight.”

“Ahh,” she said and looked at me. “Jinj-“

“Umma! Sunny unnie took me to see the fish tank!” Our eyes turned toward the child running in. Well it looks like they were fast friends too. I just hope Tiffany can be friendly with her too. I know her track record with children isn’t too great…

“Well that was nice of her! Did you thank her?” Hayeon nodded. They took their seats and not long after the waiter came back in with all of our drinks. We placed our orders.

I noticed Sunny and Tiffany exchanging glances before Tiffany finally spoke up. “Hayeon-ah, your dress is very pretty. Pink is my favorite color!”

“Jinjja,” her eyes lit up. Tiffany nodded. “It’s mine too! Oppa helped me pick it out,” she explained.

“Oh wow, that was nice of him,” she said.

“Yep! He took us shopping earlier,” Hayeon excitedly explained. She then proceeded to tell almost everything that happened today, and I mean everything.

It was fun to see how a 10 year olds mind worked though. The way she left the boring parts out, and only left in what was important to her. Or how she over exaggerated almost everything. That part was really funny however. Toward the end when she said ‘there were hundreds of people taking pictures of us,’ really grabbed Tiffany and Sunny’s attention. They both looked to me with wide eyes, but I quickly shook my head and mouthed ‘like twenty.’ They nodded and focused back to my sister.

Before she could get to telling about the photo shoot, our food arrived. Thankfully too, I was starving.

“Ah, thank you very much,” my mother said to the waiters before they left. “Everyone eat well!”

“Ne umma,” I said excitedly.

“I’ll eat well eomonim,” Sunny said before digging in. I noticed Hayeon already eating and started laughing a little. Yep. She was totally Sooyoung’s sister. I then quickly glanced at Tiffany beside me. Hmm. She was being way too quiet. I opened my mouth to ask her something, but I was beat to it.

“Is everything okay Tiffany-ah?” She looked at my mother, who looked a little worried. “If it isn’t cooked how you want it I can have them send it back.”

“Uhm, oh. Aniyo Mrs. Kim. I mean eom-eomonim,” she corrected after seeing the look my mom gave her. “Everything is perfect. Mianhae,” she said as she smiled. I could tell it was forced though. What in the world was going on?

“Okay, I was just checking. Eat up!”  I looked at Sunny who seemed to be equally as confused as I was by the quick shrug she gave me.

We finished our dinner quickly in almost complete silence, apart from the sounds of silverware clanking and Hayeon slurping the noodles she ordered. As soon as she was finished though she began going in to detail about the photo shoot that she watched today, earning smiles from everyone around.

“Oppa, Yuri, and Sooyoung all looked so cool! Right Umma?”

“Ne, Hayeon. They looked very handsome. I was very proud of you today Taeyeon,” she said with a large grin.

“Thank you mom! That really means a lot.” I said. I was so glad that she was here and got to see a little bit of what I did on a regular basis.

“Ah, speaking of Sooyoung,” Sunny started, grabbing Hayeon’s full attention. “I’m actually married to him now.”

“What,” Hayeon yelled, which earned a scolding from our mom. “Mianhae, what?”

“Ne,” she laughed. “On the show We Got Married. We’re one of the newest couples. I don’t think our episode is going to air for a week or so though. Our preview will probably be on this Saturday’s episode.”

“Hey, I’ll be on it too,” I chimed in. “For the first few minutes at least,” I laughed.

“Wah! That’s awesome,” Hayeon commented totally ignoring me. “Sooyoung oppa is so funny, and cute too,” she cooed. Omo, I’m going to have to tell Soo she said that later.

“Ne, he’s a very nice boy,” my mom commented. “Sohee-ssi will be so happy to have a daughter in law as pretty and bright as you Sunny-ah.”

“Uh, who?”

“Oh, sorry. Moon Sohee, is Sooyoung’s mother. Since the boys have been together I’ve gotten closer to their mothers as well.”

“Ah,” Sunny voiced.

“Taeyeon-ah, why aren’t you bringing me a beautiful daughter in law too?” Omo. I literately choked on the water I was drinking.

“Umma,” I begged.

“I’m serious Taeyeon. Take these two here for example.” Oh god, she’s really going to do this. I could feel my face start heating up. I knew I was going to tell her tonight, but this was just making the whole situation awkward.

“Umma, Sunny unnie is married!” She laughed.

“Fine. Then take Tiffany-ah here as an example. She’s sweet, kind, and of course very talented. On top of that she’s beautiful. Taeyeon, that’s what you need to look for in a future wife. I would love to have her as my daughter in law.” She looked at Tiffany who was now looking down. Omo. Why is she being so shy? This was an amazing compliment!

Ugh, I might as well tell her now though, while the topic is fresh. “Sunkyu-yah, why don’t you take Hayeon to see the fish tank?”

“Oppa I already saw-“

“See it again,” I cut her off. Sunny quickly caught on and pulled Hayeon out along with her. Tiffany was still looking down. “Fany-ah,” I asked as soon as they left. No response. “Hey, are you… are you okay?” She then nodded. Aigo. This was odd even for her.

“Omo, did I say something,” my mom asked softly. I went to respond but then…

“Ani-aniyo.” Tiffany said. She sounded like…like she was…

“Are you crying?” She shook her head ‘no’ again. “Tiffany Hwang don’t lie to me.” Well, I’m sorry mom, I wanted to tell you first, but since my love is crying… I quickly wrapped my arms around the girl beside me and pulled her close. “Fany-ah what’s wrong?” She didn’t hesitate to hug me back this time either. I held her like this for a solid minute before I started to pull away. I gave her a small smile before I wiped her tears away with my thumbs.

“Mianhae,” she apologized to me, and then once to my mother.

“Don’t be sorry dear. Was it something I said? I’m so sorry.” My mom looked worried too now, and a little confused.

“Aniyo, aniyo. It’s just that-that watching you all here tonight really made me miss my family, especially my mom. And then you…you said all those nice things about me and…” She went silent again as more tears fell down her face.

“Come here,” I said and pulled her in to me once again. Her head quickly found the crook of my neck. I understood why she was upset, and I really felt stupid for not thinking about it before hand. My sister and I being happy with our mother? Yeah that probably wasn’t the best thing to think about with her past.

Apart from Tiffany’s sniffling, the room was silent. That was until the girl in my arms spoke. “Tell her.”

“Wh-what? Right now?” She released me from the hug and looked me in the eye. With one last nod from the latter, I knew what I had to do. I was excited, yet scared. I had no idea what my mom was going to do. Even though she said she’d love to have her as a daughter in law a couple of minutes ago, did she actually mean it? I took a deep breath.

“Umma,” I started as I felt a hand slowly come in to mine. “Tiffany and I are, uh… dating. We have been since October. I’m sorry I haven’t told you until now.”

I could definitely tell where I get my crazy reactions the fans are always talking about from now. My mom’s face was priceless as she looked between the two of us. The next thing I know, I’m being smacked on the arm. Hard too.

“Umma!” What in the hell was that for?

“Taeyeon! You mean to tell me you’ve been hiding this precious girl from me for eight months! Omo! I can’t believe you. Wait until your father hears about this… Now move and let me hug her.”

“Mom! There’s an empty seat on the other side of her,” I whined.

“Kim Taeyeon don’t make me ask you again. Go find your sister.” I quickly looked to Tiffany.

“Will you be okay?”

“Of course Taeyeon-ah, go,” she said as she smiled.

“Arasso.” I kissed Tiffany’s cheek once quickly and then scurried out the door before anyone could say anything again. Making my way out to where I remember the fish tank being, I saw Hayeon still looking at it, but where was Sunny?

“Yah, you come here often,” she asked playfully from behind me. Ah she was sitting at the bar. Good. At least she was still keeping an eye on my sister.

“Ha ha, very funny,” I teased as I sat beside her.

“So how’d it go?”

“Tiffany cried.”

“I figured as much,” she said with a laugh.

“I think my mom loves it though,” I said. “She kicked me out so she could talk to her.”

“Ah jinjja?” I nodded. “Well that’s good then huh?”

“Yeah it is,” I paused. Things were going so well. Wah, I can’t wait until tomorrow. Oh, while I’m thinking about it. “By the way do you know who is coming with us tomorrow?

“Ani, I just know that’s it’s Tiffany. Seo or Jess haven’t said anything about it and I’m still not sure if I can go or not. We’ll find out by tomorrow though. Why?”

“Oh, just tell who ever it is to wear comfortable clothes.”

“Why? Where are you going?” I gave her a questioning look. “Yah, I won’t tell Hayeon or Tiffany, just tell me.”

“Okay, okay. Fine,” I gave in. “Since were endorsing Cabi Bay still I thought we could go-“

“Omo, we’re going to Caribbean Bay,” she asked cutting me off.

“Not quite, but ‘we’re’? I thought you said you didn’t know yet pabo-yah.” She stuck her tongue out.

“What do you mean by not quite?”

“Oh, well I thought we could go to Everland and be able to have a little extra help if we needed it with crowds because were endorsing their other park, you know?”

“That’s actually really smart Taeyeon, go-“

“We’re going to Everland?”

I turned to see Hayeon looking right at us. Damnit! There goes that surprise!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all so much for reading my story!
Please continue to subscribe/upvote.^^
Don’t be afraid to leave a comment, positive or negative.
Reading them is my favorite part!