The First Appearance

Into the New World

 

We were being rushed on stage when I heard the opening music begin. We quickly took our seats. On cue everyone sitting around me, myself included, shouted ‘Star Golden Bell!’

We weren’t even supposed to be on this show today. There was a late cancelation and we were the nearest that could fill in on time. It was incredibly nerve wracking. We barely even made it on time.

The group I’m in debuted literately less than two weeks ago and here we were on a very, very popular television show amongst many very famous people. This was our very first actual show since our debut and my members and I were still getting used to all of this. We were on a radio show a couple of days ago but it was nothing compared to this.

As the MC began introducing himself and the other MCs I began to get a better look at everyone who was here with us. I didn’t even get the chance to know who we would be with beforehand since we came in so late. I looked to my left and saw that there were three more rows of people beside me. They were full of actors, comedians and a few solo artists here and there. I was happy to see Kim ShinYoung, who was one of my favorite comedians. I was hoping I would get to meet her sooner or later. I then took a glance to my right and- oh god.

Jessica Jung. 

I almost lost my breath. SNSD’s Jessica was sitting a foot away from me. I hesitantly looked behind her and it was the one person I didn’t want to meet while filming anything.

Tiffany Hwang.

Oh no… Oh god~!

I had been a fan of SNSDs since they debuted years ago, but especially a fan of hers. She was my ideal girl in every way, shape, and form. My eyes widened after seeing her and I’m pretty sure my heart skipped a few beats. I was less than three feet from the most beautiful girl in the world.

Once the MC started greeting the guests and talking to the more popular stars, I tried to control my breathing and look normal. I couldn’t go losing myself on my first chance out, I was the leader and I needed to have a good front for us.

The MC first called out to ShinYoung, making a few jokes bantering back and forth between different guests. They then moved to the girls beside me, they asked them a few questions and then they had then dance to their newly released song ‘Genie’.  They then pulled out another artist who was known for a more, uh, ier style of music and dancing. The MC had them all dance to it. It was pretty hilarious, but I still couldn’t stop thinking about how THE SNSD was right in front of my eyes.

We were both under the same company but since I was in only training for about two years, I never got to meet them. Especially since SNSD debuted right as I went in to training, they were always so busy. I only saw them in passing. I did however get semi-close to some members of f(x) since they only debuted a month or so before us. The only ones I had become extremely close with though were my group members, and we really were like brothers.

I knew I wasn’t the only one excited either, my group mate Sooyoung, was also obsessed… err… I MEAN he really liked one of the other members of SNSD. We weren’t obsessed.

We weren’t.

All the girls sat back down and it was the time I was dreading the most.

“And now we would like to give a big thank you for these members here to be able to fill in on such a short notice. We were supposed to have another group here but the newly debuted TYS is here in their place.” He paused for applause as we all bowed as best as we could while sitting down and waved. He introduced the extra person with us in our row then brought his attention back to us

“When did you all debut, you all seem very nervous?” He asked earning a few laughs.

“Ahh yes, we debuted almost two weeks ago. This is all very new to us,” I replied receiving a round of ‘Oohs’ and ‘Ohhhs’.

“Wow, two weeks ago. How does it feel to be here right now?”

“It’s very… nerve-racking,” Sooyoung answered while laughing at myself.

“I bet having SNSD sitting next to you doesn’t help much either,” he said while everyone started laughing.

“You’re right. Were under the same company but we have only met a few times, like in passing. So it’s our first time doing many things today,” my fellow member answered from behind me.

“Oh wow is that right?” We all nodded in response. “Why don’t you all stand here and introduce yourself in front of not only SNSD but our viewers at home?”

We nodded again and walked to the front stage.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” we all said and bowed at the same time. “I’m Kim Taeyeon leader of TYS and I hope you all treat us well,” I said while bowing again toward the camera. This was so nerve-racking.

“My name is Kwon Yuri and thank you for having us here today.”

“Choi Sooyoung, and I’m the maknae. I hop-“

“You’re the maknae?!” the MC asked in bewilderment.

“Yes,” he answered back sheepishly. It was sort of surprising he was the youngest, I mean he was at least six inches taller than me.

“Wow, what are they feeding you,” he asked. We all laughed until the MC asked us another question. “While you’re up there why don’t you also do the new SNSD leg dance?”

“Okay.” I said confidently. While the other two nodded.

“Ooh, he’s confident,” I head a higher pitched voice from behind me. A bunch of people laughed and agreed while I felt myself start to get red.

“Yeah he is, Sunny-ssi why don’t you come up here and do it with them.”

“Alright!”

A minute or so later we were all lined up along the stage. They cued the music and we began dancing. About midway through everyone started cheering and laughing all at once. Once it was over I heard a bunch of voices saying that we did it spot on. Even Sunny-ssi beside me was surprised.

“Taeyeon-ssi, with you all just debuting how did you learn their dance moves on top of all your own? You must be very busy after all?”

“You guys did it perfect,” Sunny said full of disbelief.

“Ahh, yes we’ve been very busy, but we uh… we often watch SNSD. We’re big fans.” I heard a bunch of different reactions from around the room.

“Is that right?” I nodded to the MC. “Well, then who is your favorite member?”

I heard another round of ‘Ooohs’ from everyone there.

“Ahh, uh I think they’re all great, but ...Tiffany-ssi,” I replied sheepishly. I watched her slightly bow from her seat and thank me.

“Oooh, Tiffany-ssi, how about you dance ‘Genie’ with them now?”

She smiled and got up. I didn’t even know what to think anymore. THE TIFFANY HWANG was going to dance beside me.  I finished the dance in a complete daze. The only thing that woke me up was Tiffany herself shaking my hand and thanking me again.

Everyone cheered and I took my seat again. We moved on to the next segment where we completed it with no problems.

Next we played the Perfect Pitch Relay game. The SNSD line was first.

“Yeah we even practiced for this game,” Jessica had said talking to the MCs.

“Oh yeah so you think you’ll do well?” He questioned.

“Well,” Sunny started. “Tiffany’s really bad at this game…”

Everyone started laughing as they started the round. They were right though, Tiffany didn’t get through it once. People were laughing a lot. I kind of felt bad for her but it was all in good fun so I didn’t worry too much. That was until it was our turn.

“Ohh the first timers, how do you think you’ll do?” The MC asked.

“Uhh well hopefully we can get through it at least once,” Yuri said.

The MC laughed as he had us start and surprisingly to us, we got through it pretty well.

We then watched some of the other members play another game, and then that was the end.  It was over before we knew it. I was so happy to have got the chance to even come on this show so soon in our career.

We stood to go greet the other guests, but I turned and could not see Soo or Yul. I stood around for a minute or so before I heard my name being called.

“Ah Tayeon-ssi. It was really nice meeting you,” the short blonde girl had greeted me.

“Oh, uh.. erm no it my pleasure Sunny-ssi. I’ve wanted to meet you all for some time.” I already had regretted what I said. I hope that didn’t sound too weird.

She laughed at me and then spoke. “Don’t be nervous, uh hold on. Hey guys, come here!” she then yelled. Before I got the chance to see who she called, the rest of SNSD was standing before my eyes.

“Wow, i-it’s really nice to meet you all,” I said bowing. I really didn’t know what else to do.

They giggled and then Sunny spoke again. “They’re the new group everyone’s been talking about.”

“Ahh, jinjja?” Sunny then nodded toward Jessica.

I really had no idea what she was talking about. Why was everyone talking about us? And who exactly was everyone?

“Wh-what do yo-“

“So you guys really only trained for two years?”

I looked to the ice princess, and it was no joke. I now knew why that nickname stuck.

“Well yes and no,” I started to say. “I only trained for close to two years, but my fellow members trained for a lot longer.”

“Ah, that makes me feel a little better. Seven years for me.”

Oh my god seven. That is crazy. I couldn’t even imagine.

“I only trained three and a half Jessi,” Tiffany said to her friend. Jessica replied with an annoyed face.

“So what makes you so special,” she asked frankly. I didn’t even know how to answer her. I’m not sure if that was the ‘Sica Effect’ or just my lack of knowledge on why I came out of training so quickly.

“I.. I’m…Uh .”

“You’ll just have watch and find out,” I heard a very familiar voice say. He then wrapped his long arm around my shoulder. Sooyoung. He seriously couldn’t have come at a better time. “Choi Sooyoung, It’s nice to meet you all.”

They greeted each other. Just as Tiffany began to speak though, our manager had interrupted in our conversation.

“Boys, Let’s go.”

We groaned and looked back at the girls standing in front of us.

“See you next time,” Sunny said with a wink. I couldn’t help but blush. I knew it was probably just out of habit, but it was still SNSD’s Sunny. Wah!

We said our goodbyes and then followed our manager to the van that was waiting for us. We walked out without anyone noticing. Since we really haven’t been out long, no one really knows who we are, which I am for sure okay with.

Once in the van our manager had begun explaining some stuff I wasn’t really interested in hearing. I couldn’t stop thinking about SNSD, Tiffany in particular. I was almost in a dream. That was until I heard my name being called.

“Tae, Taeng, Taengo~, Taeye-“

“What,” I yelled.

“Did you hear anything I had just said?”

“Uhm, no sorry hyung. What did you say?”

“I said that you’ll have a live performance next Friday, so you’ll all need to practice extra this week. Arasso? “

“Ne!” I replied happily. 

I was excited to start actually preforming. That’s all I’ve ever wanted to do. All this practice and dedication were finally going to pay off. Although I know it probably felt even better for Soo and Yul, I mean they trained at least twice as long as I did.

Walking in to our small dorm I went straight to my bed. I was tired, but I also needed a moment to think of everything that happened today.

Just four hours ago we were practicing in the studio, and now we were going to be on national television.

Daebak.

 

____________________________________________________________________

I want to thank everyone that subscribed and upvoted my story without even having one chapter out yet! ^^

I really hope you all enjoy it.

ps I know it's not that great of a start, but it, in my opininon of course, get's better.

I promise!