New York

Into the New World

 

 

Because of the very busy week we had pre-recording our performances for the multiple music programs we’d be missing this weekend on top of all our other schedules and not to mention the almost two hour long concert we just performed here in China, the three of us slept the whole flight to New York.

Seriously, all twelve or fifteen or however many hours it was. We slept.

I was kinda bummed out I didn’t get to fly with Tiffany, but I guess I would just have to be patient and wait for the rest of the SM family to arrive.

Because of the busy week we had with all of our schedules though, the three of us didn’t even get to watch SNSD’s new MV for ‘The Boys’ yet. We listened to the song of course, but we didn’t get to see the MV… until now that is.

“Hurry Soo hit play,” Yuri complained.

“Yah, calm down,” Sooyoung fired back. I agreed with that too. He just got in the room not thirty seconds ago!

That was another thing that was bumming me out too though. It happened in China as well, but we each got our own hotel room while we were in NYC. I mean it was obviously cool, but I kinda missed sharing the room…

It was kinda lonely by myself. Omo, I wonder if Tiffany and I would get to share a room the next time we had a SM Town tour outside of Korea?! I really hop-

“Okay here it goes!”

My attention quickly moved from the thoughts in my head to the white screen in front of me.

“Oh who is that,” Soo asked when the first person appeared. I think he was just excited though, I mean he had to know who it was…

“It’s Tiffany pabo, she’s the visual,” Yuri said. I grinned. My grin grew twice as big when it finally showed her face though.

Gahh~! She was truly a goddess. In the white dress and how her light skin and dark hair looked so… so… UGH.

How did she even exist?

The video continued on to show her picking up some levitating black crystal before switching to a new backdrop where all of the members started to appear in sparkly dresses. Jessica showed briefly and then Sunny became the focus and-

“Oh my GAWD~,” Sooyoung said in his ridiculous American accent. I will give it to him though, Sunny looked great. They all did!

Jessica was now the center as she released a white bird. Yuri laughed and I hummed.

“Ani, it’s just that Sica said she was terrified of that thing.”

“It pooped on Sunny,” Sooyoung laughed.

“Omo! Fany told me about that!” I almost said something else, but the music had finally started and the actual video was about to begin.

Wahh~! I couldn’t wait!

The lights flashed on revealing the four of them and we all literately cheered.

They looked amazing! All four of them were seriously killing it.

Yuri made a funny noise after Jessica’s face became the focus and I totally understood. I couldn’t wait for Tiffany.

When she first popped up to do her ‘rapping’ part I lost it. Aigo~ she was so cute.

I know ‘cute’ probably wasn’t the adjective they were shooting for, but I couldn’t help it. Tiffany was adorable when she rapped.

Ugh! My cheeks hurt from smiling so much and the only words Tiffany has even said so far were ‘we bring the boys out’… I would be dead by the end of the video for sure.

“Wah~,” I called out again. She was so cute. I don’t know if it was because she always had to act tough and cool when she rapped or just her amazing voice, but I loved it. I was kinda mad she only got like two actual singing lines though…

Within the next minute or so though, my queen held out the best note in the whole song, oh my god.

She couldn’t be real.

The rest of the video was just as amazing. Yuri and Sooyoung were equally impressed with how our girls killed the dance and the song itself. Their voices and moves were incredible.

Gah, no one could deny that this was why they were the ‘Nation’s Girl Group’. Not only did they have the best choreography, but their voices were the best too! I was so impressed and proud of Tiffany for doing such a good job. She worked so hard too!

Ugh, I couldn’t wait to see her.

“Yah Kim Taeyeon,” my manager said firmly. Oh jesus… when did he even get in here?

“What hyung~?” He sighed.

“Did you take you medicine yet?” I groaned. “Oh come on Taengo, you have to.”

I also couldn’t wait to get rid of this stupid cold.

“It tastes gross though!” Seriously, why couldn’t they make good tasting medicine? They can make cameras the size of my tiniest finger nail but they can’t make the ‘grape’ flavored medicine taste like an actual grape?

“Quit whining and take it. We can’t let it affect your voice any more than it already is.” I sighed.

I guess he did have a point. My voice was a little huskier and hoarse than usual. I don’t think it was too noticeable, but I didn’t want it to get any worse. I couldn’t let the fans down.

“Ugh~,” I groaned. “Fine. Give me it.”

_____________________________________________

 

“Oppa, do you know which room Taeyeon is in,” I asked curiously.

We just arrived at the hotel and I couldn’t wait to see him. We finally had a bit of a downtime… until tomorrow morning of course, but I won’t think about that yet.

“Nope, want me to call Hanyoung and find out?” I hummed. I was glad that both sides of our management have finally learned to be okay with this. They were still picky about some things but at least he wasn’t being annoying about me wanting to go see him.

“Tell him to bring me the key. I wanna surprise him.” My manager scoffed and shook his head, but took out his phone anyway.

Jerk…

While he talked to him, I looked to my left.

“Sica are you going to find Yuri? You better tell oppa to-“

“Ani. I’m going to sleep,” she said shortly. “I’ll see him tomorrow. I don’t need~ to see my boyfriend every second of every day.” I could hear her teasing tone, but I ignored it.

It would be one thing if we did see each other every day, but we don’t. At all. In fact I haven’t seen Taeyeon in almost exactly a week.

Ugh… whatever, she’s been in a mood all day.

“Sunny?”

“You know I can’t do that pabo.” Oh crap. Duh. Gah, sometimes I totally forget that they aren’t public yet.

“Right, sorry~,” I said with a smile. She just shook her head. “Joohyun what about you,” I teased.

“Unnie~,” she said with a horrified expression on her face. We all laughed.

“Why? Is there something you’re not telling us Seo Joohyun?” We all knew I was clearly kidding around, but Seohyun’s face was turning pink.

Oh my god!

“Omo ar-“

“He’s on floor twelve,” oppa interrupted. “Hanyoung will be there waiting for you.” I nodded and mentally made a note to ask Seohyun about this again sometime soon.

That little sneak must be actually seeing someone!

Just then the elevator stopped at the ninth floor.

“This is us,” oppa announced. “Tiffany you’re in room five, here is your key card.” I took it from him. “There should be a guard blocking the hall we’re in so call me if they don’t let you though when you come back. Okay?”

“Ne oppa~,” I said cheerfully. I was just happy to finally see Taeyeon. “Goodnight guys,” I said to my members just before the door closed.

The elevator doors opened again a couple seconds later revealing Taeyeon’s manager this time.

We greeted each other and then he led me down one of the halls where just like my manager said, there was a security guard waiting. He gave us a weird look.

Uh-oh…

“Oppa,” I whispered.

“Oh, uh right… She go to room ten. Okay,” he asked in very broken English.  

I could feel my jaw actually drop.

Oh god, seriously? I think Yuri’s English was better than that.

Surprisingly enough though, he let me pass straight on by.

“Yah, oppa you seriously need to work on your English.” He laughed.

“That is what Yongduk is for.” I shook my head, but thankfully that was when we arrived. “I just want you to know that he’s probably sleeping,” oppa said as he slid the key card in the door.

Huh? It’s only like ten in the evening.

“I’ll be back at midnight and I expect you to be gone, okay?”

“Ne, oppa,” I said lazily. Just let me in!!!

“Alright,” he laughed. “It’s only a few more days now so just bear with it.” I smiled. He must have picked up on my tone. The thought of being able to just come and go into Taeyeon’s room freely was overwhelming though. Ugh, I couldn’t wait. “See ya!”

I said goodbye to him and quickly went inside the rather dark room. What the… was he actually sleeping?

“Kim Taeyeon if you plan on jumping out and scaring me I’m leaving right now,” I announced.

With no response, I the overhead light and sure enough, Taeyeon was completely sprawled all over the bed. I saw his brows furrow from the sudden bright light, but he didn’t stir at all.

“Aigo~,” I cooed softly. Setting my bag down and kicking off my shoes I moved quickly to the side of the bed. Slowly and carefully I pulled up the covers, laid myself down beside him, and covered us both back up.

I was pleased by the fact that I didn’t wake him up through all this, but I think I was at least a hundred times happier that I was laying this close to him once again.

I rested my hand on his tummy and snuggled as close as I could to him. Mmm, this felt amazing. I couldn’t wait to do this all the time with him… in our own bed, in our own home…

Wah~!

I couldn’t wait.

I don’t know if it was the added weight from my head resting on his chest or my hand caressing his abs, but I felt him starting to wiggle. I moved my head away and watched him yawn as wide as he could.

Aw~! He was like a little puppy!

“Errghh,” he voiced. “Ugh- er what the?!” His eyes moved down to my hand and then over to me. “Tippany?” I hummed. “When did you get here?”

“Uhh like ten minutes ago?” He blinked a few times and I think I could actually see the wheels starting to turn behind those confused eyes.

“Why didn’t you wake me?” I shrugged.

“I figured you must be really tired if you’re asleep at ten,” I laughed. I moved in closer so I could finally have his lips, but he stopped me. “Uhhhn~,” I whined. I missed his lips.

“I’m sick babe, I don’t want you to catch it.”

Oh god.

“Sick?” I sat up. “What’s wrong?” He laughed.

“It’s just a cold Fany-ah calm down… I just don’t want you to catch it five days before our wedding.” I smiled.

“Four,” I corrected. He looked confused.

“You just said it was only ten though, isn’t it still five?” I shook my head and lay back down beside him.

“If we had the wedding here it would be.” Taeyeon his side to face me now, still struck with a confused expression. “When we go back to Korea it’s going to be a whole day later than it is here… you know because of the time zones?”

“Ahh, you’re right. I forgot about those things.” I laughed.

“Time zones?” He hummed. “Oh gosh you really are out of it huh?” His head cutely went back and forth.

“It’s just a cold baby. I’ll feel better tomorrow.”

“You better! It’s Madison Square Garden! Wahh,” I sounded. A sudden rush of excitement came though me. “I still can’t believe it Taeyeon. This is amazing!” He just chuckled. “I’m serious! You know how you were jumping up and down when you guys got your first tour?” He hummed. “That’s exactly what this feels like for me.”

It was too… maybe even more so. I knew it was only for one night, but Madison Square Garden is where only the biggest of the big names perform here in the US. Beyoncé, Lady Gaga… Girls’ Generation! Wahh~!

I seriously couldn’t wrap my head around this yet.

 “I’m not laughing at you baby, I’m laughing at how cute you are when you’re excited,” He said while resting his hand on my hips.

Ugh, his smile was perfect… I’ve really missed that too. I moved my hand to his cheek once more.

“Well you have to feel better for tomorrow so you can be just as excited as I am,” I explained. I wanted him to be able to experience this for all it was! Who knows if we’d ever get the chance to come back here. “What can I do to help?”

“What do you mean what can you do?” Oh seriously…

“To make you feel better pabo-yah.” He nodded like he finally understood. “Yeah dummy,” I said as I ran my hand down his chest and to his side. “Hmmm, oh! How about a massage?”

He squinted like he was thinking about it but ultimately gave me a ‘no’.

Aish… That would have been good for both of us though.

“Hmm, want me to order room service?” He shook his head.

“No, I’m not hungry.”

“Hmm,” I held out again. What was good for sick people? I saw the bottle of medicine on the other bedside table and figured his manager had been making him take that, so there went my third idea…

Omo!

“How about I make you a warm bath?” I watched his lip twitch and immediately regretted saying that.

“Are you gonna join me?”

I knew it…

“No~, this is to get rid of your cold Taetae… I’m not making you feel better like that.” His arms wrapped all the way around me and he pulled me in closer so that our bodies were now completely touching.

Oh god Tiff, look what you did…

“You know what?” I hummed. “I read something pretty interesting online earlier.”

I don’t think I even wanted to know.

“Oh yeah?” He nodded. “Was it how to get rid of your cold, because that’s the only thing I’m interested in right now,” I said with a grin. I wasn’t giving in like that!

His eyes widened.

“How’d you know?” Wait a minute…

“What?”

“I read a really good way to cure a cold.”

“Wait seriously?” He nodded.

Well then… That surprised me a little.

“What is it?”

I was not expecting that to come out of his mouth at all. I expected something like-

“,” he grinned. “It said was a good cure.”

Never mind. This went exactly where I thought it was going... I sighed and rolled on my back. He was seriously too much.

“Don’t roll your eyes at me, I’m serious.”

“Mhm, whatever you say Taeyeon.” I heard him laugh.

“You don’t believe me?” I shook my head.

“Not one bit… Move your arm so I can lie down properly.” He obediently followed my command and pulled his arm from under my back, but he still wouldn’t drop it.

“Uhn-uhh~,” he groaned while sliding his hand not so sneakily up my shirt. “I wanna play~.” I grinned.

Although he was totally lying and sick, hearing him almost begging for it did make me quite happy.

“You’re sick Taeyeon, not to mention we’re in a hotel. People will hear us… Who’s next door? Your manager? I don’t think so.”

“No~, it’s Yul and he’s a heavy sleeper… and how many times do I have to tell you that it really is good for colds!” I sighed.

Well I’m glad that it wasn’t his manager, but still it’s a n-

“Wanna make a bet?” What the…

“A bet?” He hummed. “For?”

“If you look up on the internet right now and it says I’m lying I won’t bring it up again the rest of the New York trip and if I’m telling the truth you have to…,” he trailed off. I grinned.

“I have to what Taetae~?” I thought it was funny how he was somehow nervous again to talk about it seeing as he just did, but it was also pretty adora- Oh my god.

I don’t know how he moved that fast, but like lightening Taeyeon was hovering over top of me with his face literately an inch away from mine.

“Give in.”

A shudder went through my body, igniting parts of me that I knew I couldn’t stop.

It’s been too long.

Screw the internet. Screw the search.

I looked at Taeyeon’s lips and only thought one thing.

“If you get me sick before our wedding I’ll kill you. Got it?” I heard him hum into my neck.

“Got it.”

____________________________________________

 

I stepped out of my hotel room with Soo, who ever so kindly woke me up this early morning. I did feel insanely better today though… that was until I was suddenly surprised with a camera.

“Omo, you startled me,” I said aloud. I almost let something else slip, but thankfully I caught myself. Ugh, it was too early for this nonsense.

“We were just coming to harass you guys,” Eunhyuk said from behind the camera.

“Ah, jinjja?” He hummed. “What are you guys filming for?”

“It might be for the movie or it might be for something completely different, we’re not sure,” Leeteuk hyung explained. “They just gave us a camera and told us to go film people. I think Yuri has your groups.”

“Ahhh,” I held out again. I totally forgot about that movie we were supposed to be filming.

SM was doing some kind of documentary. I wasn’t really sure what it was going to include, but a week or so ago they had us dress nicely and go to SM to record an interview. Hyung said they would record us doing other stuff too, so this very well could be for it.

Great…

“So Kim Taeyeon-ssi, Choi Sooyoung-ssi?” I gave an energetic ‘ne’. “What are you two doing right now?”

“Uh, right now we’re really hungry so we’re going to go eat breakfast.”

“Oh is that so?” Soo and I both hummed. “To the hotel’s restaurant?” I nodded. “That’s where we’re going too.”

“Ne, we wanted to find a filming victim first.”

“Yeah, you two are perfect.”

“Oh I can’t wait,” I laughed.

On the way down our SUJU hyungs explained that they had to record other groups than their own and since we were right across the hall from Eunhyuk, they chose us…

“Right now it is 7:22 in the morning.”

“Ne,” he said from behind the camera.

“Ne, and I woke up, changed my clothes real quick and came down here.”

“I didn’t even let him wash up,” Sooyoung almost bragged. “I was too hungry.” I hummed.

“I really think there’s something living in his stomach,” I laughed again. The hyungs laughed at that too, for they also knew how much this giant eats.

“I heard your food bill is more than SHINee’s and they have two more people than you guys.”

“Ohh, uh, well,” Sooyoung hesitated. “Oh look the waiter is here~!”

He was right too, the waiter had finally arrived. We quickly ordered in English, and that just brought up more teasing from the two across from us.

“Wow~ your English seems to have improved since you started dating Tiffany,” he said literately right after the waiter left. I nodded. I wasn’t going to let them shake me this morning.

It was also true though, I think my listening skills have improved a lot, but I’m about where I’ve always been speaking wise. There was a good reason for that though…

“Ne, if I wasn’t good at it I would miss half of our conversations,” I laughed. “She just goes off in English sometimes.”

Eunhyuk asked Soo some questions about their joint dance performances later and thankfully turned the camera toward Onew and Taemin, who were at the other end of the table. Whew~!

Now I didn’t have to force a smile. It’s not that I wasn’t happy, it’s just that my head still hurt a little.

I definitely felt better than I did yesterday though, thankfully. My throat didn’t hurt one bit. I didn’t know if it was from all the medicine hyung made me take or from the treatment that Fany gave me last night, but either way I was very pleased.

Speaking of Tiffany, right as I took my first bite I saw the goddess herself enter the room.

“Oh, Kim Taeyeon-ssi,” Eunhyuk teased while filming me eat. He said we should pretend it was a food program or something, I don’t know. I was only half paying attention. “How is your omelet?”

I looked at the camera, but when I saw Tiffany walking this way, I lost all interest in that.

“Good morning Fany-ah~,” I said in English. She smiled.

“Good morning Tae- Oh my god!” She used whatever that was in her hands to cover her face. “Oppa are you filming me?” He hummed. “Can you not,” she laughed.

“Nope, I was told to.” I heard her groan.

“Can you at least flip the thing so I can see myself first?”

“Ne~, I guess so.”

I laughed as she cutely bent over in front of the camera to check herself out in the viewer, but then I noticed the thing in her hand again. I asked her what it was and she held it up.

“Just in case they didn’t have anything I wanted I brought a ramen noodle bowl,” she said. I laughed again before feeding her a bite of my omelet.

And she says I’m weird…

“Mmm that’s yummy, what is it?” Leeteuk laughed.

“You ate it without knowing what it was?” She nodded.

“Taeyeon wouldn’t give me anything gross, right babe?” I nodded proudly as her hand ran through my hair. Now I really did hope that this went on the movie.

The rest of the day however, I could have lived without being recorded…

We ran about like crazy people.                                       

Hair and makeup multiple times, at least seven wardrobe changes, a press conference where I had to sit in the front row with the actual English speakers…

I don’t know how, but I was chosen as the better English speaker of the three of us.

Sooyoung should have totally been down there…           

Ugh, oh well. It’s over now. Tiffany said I did well anyway so I guess I couldn’t have been too bad. I was just thankful they didn’t ask any questions about Tiffany and I since our wedding was so close.

Maybe these Americans didn’t know? Eh… whatever. I’m sure it’ll be on the front page of something soon enough…

After that we had to go get ready to dance and sing our butts off for the next however many hours…

I was pretty happy when the crowd reacted well to TYS’s performances along with all our joint stages and group performances. I was even more surprised when I heard that LSM was giving Tiffany and I a minute or so after our duet was over to make a comment about our wedding to our fans. Tiffany being the English pro that she is though, took the reins.

“Thank you guys so much, thank you… Oh, she really likes you Taeyeon,” Tiffany joked after one fan called out my name very, very, loudly.

The whole crowd laughed and I gave a heart in the direction the shout came from.

“Thank you guys again. I know I’m going to be back out here in just a couple more songs,” she paused for the audience’s cheers to die down. “Thank you, but while we are both out here we wanted to give a special thank you from us…” The crowd cheered again and she looked at me. “Do you wanna say anything?” I shook my head.

“Ani, you’re doing great.” Some of the crowd laughed, but most of them waited until Fany had repeated what I said in English.

“Okay then… I won’t get into how much this means to me to be here on this stage right now, but I want to thank everyone for giving us their support though everything. I’ve seen more ‘TaeNy’ signs then usual tonight and that just means so much to us you don’t even know. Seriously, before we stepped out here Taeyeon was telling me where he saw our signs at earlier so I could look too.”

Since I couldn’t really say much in English, I decided I would just be over exaggerative with my gestures. So I pretended to use my hands as binoculars and look for the signs again.

However that did not stop Tiffany from raining on my parade and making me talk in the end. Ugh…

“Uhm ne~… As some of you may know this is the last stop in the SM Town tour this year, but it’s also the last stage we’ll both ever be on before the big day… so I want to thank you for letting us share this with you all… Uhh thank you New York~!”

“Wah~,” Tiffany voiced. She went on to translate what I said to the crowd who was now cheering once again. “This is why I wanted him to talk.” The crowd laughed.

Tiffany and I both thanked everyone at least ten more times before she yelled out for the next performance.

As we walked hand in hand backstage I think I did feel a little bit better after saying all that aloud and thanking our fans again personally.

Ugh, now just to get through the rest of the concert…

_________________________________________

 

Going abroad for shows was probably the best thing in the world.

Not only did we get to see fun things and our international fans, we didn’t have to get up before the sun and go get our hair and everything done for the day… they came to us!

“Yah, Taeyeon sit up straight or I’m going to make you look crooked,” Joohwa, our main stylist commanded.

Okay, so maybe it was still annoying when we had to wake up so early, especially when I was as tired as I was. We all were.

Seriously, our managers wouldn’t even let Tiffany and I see each other after the concert. They were worried that we might fall asleep and stay the night together. I just scoffed.

If they only knew what happened two nights ago…

“And~~ you’re done,” noona announced after the mini cloud of hair spray dissipated. “Sooyoung, you’re up!”

“Ne~!”

Thankfully since our look wasn’t too ridiculous and we didn’t even have that much hair to begin with, we were all ready to go fairly quick.

Today we were going to be busy for the first half of the day but after that, and when Tiffany finished all her schedules of course, we were going out!

Since our flight left at one in the morning and we had time to kill, Tiffany said that she wanted to go on a real date.

I wasn’t sure how ‘real’ it would be since there are still a good amount of fans following our every move, but she really didn’t even give me a chance to say no. She busted in my room this morning, proposed the idea, kissed me, and went right back out… I promise she’s the weird one.

Actually I think we were even being filmed right now as we waited in the lobby. I could see people outside and many of them were holding cameras…

Yeah, a date was going to be out of the question. I guess I wouldn’t burst her bubble just yet. I’m sure a hotel room date would be just as fine though.

Just then a black SUV pulled in the front of the hotel. Whew~! That didn’t take long!

Our small group headed to the door where we had to wait yet again. This time it was on the security guards that would walk us out.

“Hyung can we take the fans’ presents?” We all turned to look at Yuri. “What,” he asked defensively. “That girl has a mickey mouse dressed as the statue of liberty… I want it.”

“Yah, what makes you think it’s for you? What if it’s for me,” Soo teased.

“Then I’ll just go buy my-“

“Ne, go ahead and take a few,” Hanyoung said. “Yongduk-ah, tell security.” Hyung nodded and quickly spoke in fluent English to the security guards getting in place.

“They said that was fine. They’ll just keep them from getting too crazy.”

“Great,” hyung nodded. “Let’s go~!”

________________________________________________

 

“Whoa your fans are no joke,” Yul said to Sooyoung.

Seriously though, Yuri and I each were handed a few items, but Soo had so much that he had to have Dobin hyung help carry everything.

“What can I say,” he grinned. “Americans love me~.” Yuri and I just looked at each other.

I thought it was actually pretty ironic though since he was the only one of us not dating an American…

Oh well. Now I just had to decide how I was going to show off these items to let the fans know that I really do appreciate all of their love. Hopefully since I only received two things it wouldn’t be too hard.

The first one was especially easy. It was just a mini version of the peas in a pod I usually carry to the airport. I’ll just put my large ones in my suitcase and carry these. Woo~! That was easy- oh? It felt like there was something else inside?

I ped the pod only to find a letter. I smiled.

I would definitely have to read that later when I had more time… especially since it was more than likely in English.

Oooh~ or I could just have to wait and have Tiffany read it to me.

It’s not like I couldn’t figure it out now, because I more than likely could. It might take me a bit longer, but I still could… Tiffany’s English though oh my god.

Yeah, I would definitely wait.

The second thing I received was a smaller pink bag. I was actually really excited for this one because the girl that gave me this had a t-shirt on with Tiffany’s face plastered on it.

First off, I was really curious to as where she got that because I need at least three and secondly it just felt great to know that her fans were not only supporting her, but they were also supporting me,  her future husband!

Wah~! This was amazing.

I opened the bag and-

“Ooh! What’d ya get, what’d ya get?” I rolled my eyes.

“Soo chill, if it’s food I’ll share it with you.”

“Assa~,” he cheered. My eyes rolled again and I looked through the bag. There was a letter on top this time as well. After sticking that with the other one Fany needed to read to me, I saw the real gift.

Cupcakes!

Oh my god, when I opened the box they looked delicious too.

“Dibs on this one,” Soo said as he reached for one. I just sighed.

“Oh here Soo, would you like a cupcake,” I said sarcastically as the shikshin beside me was already unwrapping it.

I really don’t understand how he was more fit than me… he ate so much so often! Ugh, it wasn’t fair.

“Yul do you want one?” He said no, just as our managers and noona did next. “Fine then, just more for me~.”

“And me,” Sooyoung said. Usually I would have agreed, but I had a better idea this time.

“Nope, for Fany-ah. It was her fan that gave us these to begin with.” I smiled.

This would definitely put a smile on her face.

I took a cupcake out of the little box they were in and carefully set the bag down… out of Sooyoung’s reach.

After taking one bite I was hooked. I couldn’t stop. In less than thirty seconds I had eaten the whole thing.

I couldn’t help it though, it was so delicious. It was chocolaty and rich and… and just great. Americans really did know their way around snack foods.

Within the next minute or so we had arrived. The driver stopped the SUV and let us off right in Times Square. As soon as Yuri stepped out of the car I heard a roar of screams from the fans across the street waiting to watch us on the jumbo screen that we would be broadcasted on… live.

Okay so maybe all of the fans here weren’t for us, but it still felt good. Actually most of them were wearing pink and red so I assumed they were all SONEs and Cassiopeia since SNSD and DBSK were both going to be here later.

I did see a good amount of purple shirts though which made me even happier. TYS’s Knots were here supporting us too.

I was still getting used to calling them that honestly. It hadn’t been long since our fan club name had been officially announced.

Actually it was Sooyoung that suggested the name. I didn’t get it at first, but as soon as he explained it, it seemed perfect.

Sooyoung said that if you pronounce TYS as one word instead of saying each letter individually like we all say, it sounds like the English word ‘ties’. He then explained further about how there was nothing better to keep ties together than knots, and that’s where Yuri and I agreed. The fans really-

“Come on Taeyeon, let’s go,” Hyung called for me.

Right!

MTV here we come!

__________________________________________________________

“HA, what a loser,” Sooyoung said from the top of the stairs. UGH.

“Yah, your legs are like a foot longer than mine, of course you won,” I argued.

He wanted to race up the two flights of stairs we had to go up. I wasn’t going to at first, but I felt the sudden need to win so I gave in.

Aish, I should’ve known he would win though… stupid giant!

As soon as everyone made it to the top floor where Sooyoung and I stood, we were quickly led to the room we had to wait in for the next hour or so.

That was the worst part about filming things live. We had to wait for forever and then we only had one chance to get it right.

It was nerve wracking… especially since this was our American television debut!

Ugh, I wish Tiffany was here. She’d definitely be able to make me less nervous. Her soft hands and her cute cheeks…

I really wished she was here.

Hyung and the new guy in the room, who was supposed to be our translator for the show, began explaining what was going to happen but I couldn’t really focus on that. I was more concerned about the shortness of breath I was still experiencing…

Man, I must be even more out of shape than I thought. Those stairs killed me!

I was going to have to start working out or running more with those two for sure. Wow…

I began to take deeper breaths in hopes of calming my heart rate back to normal, but it didn’t help. After a few more seconds it was only getting harder and harder to breathe.

What the hell?

While it’s true I might be a little out of shape compared to Sooyoung and Yuri, I wasn’t this out of shape…

Something wasn’t right. It couldn’t be… right?

“Hyung,” I said after another deep breath. “I can’t-“

“Taeyeon, please. The man is trying to talk,” he said exhaustedly. Ugh, this was urgent though.

“But hyu-UGH,” I coughed. Holy, my throat was suddenly very dry too.

“Taeyeon, come on,” he sighed again. I could only cough.

Seriously, it felt like there was something stuck in my throat and no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get it out.

Hanyoung, Yongduk, and the man left the room to go the production office or something, while Noona thankfully handed me a bottle of water.

I thanked her, but even after I took a couple of large drinks of water the dry feeling remained. The water helped for sure, but not enough.

“Are you okay?” I nodded.

“My throat feels really tight or something for some reason.”

“Hmm, maybe it’s just dry. You haven’t drunk enough water since the concert last night like you’re supposed to Kim Taeyeon.” I could hear Dobin’s disapproving tone and tried to put on a grin.

“Sorry~,” I held out briefly. Then it turned into yet another cough. Ugh…

Why me? Why now?

Seriously, this better not happen during the filming. Oh god that would be so embarrassing.

Yuri and Soo talking happily while I just coughed away…

“I’ll go find you a few more bottles.” I nodded mid-cough.

“Thanks hyung.”

I watched him step out of the room, but by the time he got back my dry throat was the least of my worries.

After I spilled at least half of my stomach contents into this tiny garbage can, Hyung finally stepped through the door.

At least I thought it was him. My head was spinning like I had just gotten off of a merry-go-round that was rotating a hundred miles an hour… I couldn’t even tell you which way is up right now.

Seriously, I wasn’t sitting on the floor by choice.

While he was gone my stomach had not only started to feel weird, it felt like the freaking Pacific Ocean crashing down every which way... the way it really liked to go though was up my esophagus and into the bucket in front of me that I somehow managed to grab in time.

“What the hell?! Did you call Hanyoung?” I heard noona hum.

I don’t know if it was a minute later or ten, but the next thing I knew I could hear more footsteps coming this way.

“What’s wrong,” I heard a voice echo. I opened my mouth to try to answer but another warm wave rose through my body and into the bucket.

“He’s obviously sick,” Sooyoung fired back. “He’s been like this since you left hyung.” I felt his hands on my back and Yuri was pushing back my hair that had fallen in my face.

It felt nice to know they were all there for me, but it definitely didn’t even come close to countering out this horrible feeling inside of me.

After wiping my mouth with the napkin I was handed, I took a deep breath.

Ugh this was the worst, my nose burned, my throat burned and I- I-…

I could barely breathe… Omo.

An instant rush of panic spread over me while I took even deeper, shorter breaths… practically wheezing.

What was going on? Why was this happening to me?

“Taeyeon? Taeyeon!” I looked at my manager who was literately right in front of my face. Omo! Had he been yelling at me this whole time??  “What’s wrong? What’s going on?”

I pointed to and then grabbed my own throat.

“I can’t...”

“Oh god is he choking,” Sooyoung asked in a panic. I shook my head.

This couldn’t be choking, could it?

“On what? What did he eat?”

“Uh nothing!?” Exactly, I couldn’t be choking. “We had those cupcakes in the car but that’s it,” Soo said to hyung.

Omo. Was it really because those stupid cupcakes? Maybe a piece got lodged in my throat?

No, that’s impossible, I thought quickly. That was at least ten minutes ago… and I had to have vomited the whole thing up by now.

No, I couldn’t focus on that now. All I could think about was my breathing.

Long slow breaths…

That’s right, breathe in… breathe out. Breathe in…

What hyung said next made me stop breathing completely.

That was when I finally realized what was happening.

“What flavor were they?”

Oh.

 “I don’t know? Chocolate?”

My.

“Just chocolate? Did they have anything else in them?”

God.

Everything was so clear now.

It hasn’t happened in years, but all of these symptoms were exactly the same…

How could I be stupid enough to not notice this?

I was having a full blown allergic reaction.

____________________________________________________

 

Okay, so I really apologize for taking so long.<3
I had the worst case of writers block in the world, but I think I've gotten past it!
I hope so at least.

Part two should be out within 24 hours!
I'm still finishing it up but I'll try my hardest to post it quick so I can start on the wedding chapter/s!^^
If you have any ideas/suggestions/wishes for the wedding chapter/s I will gladly take them in to consideration.
I don't want to disappoint any of my readers for the finale!

Sorry again for taking so long<3