Running Man Pt.2

Into the New World

 

 

It was probably about 40 or so minutes later and we had finally arrived at the next destination, which happened to be a large lake. Great. More water.

We made our way out of the van and eventually into a building. I really had no idea what we were going to do here. A swimming relay? No we would have done that at the pool. Hmm… What else could be done in teams at a lake?

Ahha! A boat rowing competition!

“Oh no, it’s the blob,” Haha said from behind me. Wait, what?

“Blob,” Soo asked loudly. I was equally confused. What the hell is a blob?

“Ah, you’ll see.”

And we did. As soon as we walked out the back of the building I knew exactly what he was referring to.

“Oh look at that inflatable thing,” Naeun called out. That is exactly what it was too. Out on the lake there was a huge inflated…blob. There really wasn’t a better word to describe it.

Maybe a huge sack of air floating on top of the water? Nah, I liked blob better.

Walking toward the dock on which it was connected to, Jihyo and Haha began to explain to us what was going to happen and how we were supposed to do it. Which didn’t seem all that complicated really. One person was supposed to sit on one end of the blob while the other person, or persons in our case, would jump down on the other end from somewhere higher up. That would then send the person sitting on the end flying in the air. It actually seemed pretty fun.

“Oh, it doesn’t look that high,” Sunny said from beside me once we were a lot closer to it. I looked to Tiffany and I could tell she did not feel the same. The way that there wasn’t any trace of a smile on her face was the only sign I needed to tell me that she was clearly not too happy about this situation.

“Fany-ah, are you okay?” I was trying to be sort of quiet.

“Yeah Tae, I’m fine.” I frowned. Gosh, what a liar. “It just looks a little high.”

“Hey, it’ll be okay,” I said as I nudged her. “I’m going to be right here, okay?” I watched her then smile up at me.

I was hoping that my mini pep talk helped, but as we arrived at the area with the platforms from which we were supposed to jump, I watched her face get grimmer and grimmer. Uh oh. This was not going to be good.

“Isn’t it higher than it was last time,” Gary-ssi called out. Well that comment certainly wasn’t going to help my Fany any. Just then Jaesuk started talking over everyone with a microphone.

“Your next mission is the Blob Jump!”

As everyone got in closer together the other running man members began talking again about how it was higher than last time again as well. Please shut up, I silently shouted in my head. I looked at Tiffany who definitely was not feeling this. I could tell she didn’t want to do this. I took a step closer to her.

“Hey Fany-ah, everything will be okay,” I whispered as I slowly moved my hand up hand down her back in hopes to comfort her a little. I removed my hand and then whispered one more time before Jaesuk-ssi started talking again. “Don’t worry, I’ll be here.”

Quick Taeyeon! This is your time to shine and be the best boyfriend you can be! But what can I do? Oh god there’s nothing I can do. Ughhh!

“Your order of winning will be determined by taking the heights of two jumps and averaging them. We will have two members jump from the platform on to the blob and send the third person flying. The height they reach will be what we’re measuring.” Wah! Maybe she won’t even have to jump! Sunny looked excited to do it and I know Sooyoung would do it in a heartbeat!

“Each idol group and its respective Running Man member will make the jump.”

A round of ‘oohs’ and ‘ahhs’ filled the air while I mentally cursed.

Argh! Well then, maybe if she sees someone go first it will lessen the fear. I hoped so at least.

“Keep in mind that the height of the flyer will depend on the weight of the jumpers. It is an important selection. Good luck!”

Then two of the instructors from the location we were at came out and showed us all how to properly jump so we wouldn’t get hurt. They had us split up and go with the instructors. Unfortunately we got separated from SNSD, but I kept a watchful eye over my love. I needed to make sure she was doing it correctly so she wouldn’t get hurt, that and Nichkhun was in her group and I did not trust that jerk.

Thankfully though it didn’t seem too complicated. You pretty much just lean back after you jump. Tiffany did look a little less nervous after learning the proper way to jump, but she still wasn’t there yet. Now I just hoped they got a farther back position so she could watch someone before her. Aish, with my luck she’d get number 1.

For our jump we decided that I was going to be the flyer because I was smaller than Soo, which would give us a better shot at going higher. It really should have been noona, but since the staff wanted one of the idols to fly we had to do it this way. We then drew numbers out of a container to see the order in which we would jump. We got number 5! Woo! We’d get to see almost everyone go! Oh crap.

I quickly found the girls and Haha to see their position. Crap again!

They were second. I was hoping they would have been after us, or at least farther back than second. I looked to Tiffany who looked like she was almost on the verge tears. Nope. This wasn’t going to do. I had to do something and I had to do it now.

“I’ll be right back,” I said as I left our group and tried to navigate through the crowd. After working my way through I finally found the man I was looking for. “Excuse me Jaesuk-ssi,” I said in his direction.

“Ah Taeyeon-ah, it’s nice to finally properly meet you. Is there something you needed?”

“Ne, it’s nice to meet you too,” I said shyly. “But yeah there is. Tiffany-ah is really nervous about this jump, she’s almost in tears.” I saw his eyes widen. “I was wondering if…if I could possibly jump for her?”

“Oh, that isn’t good, hold on a second. I’ll talk to the PD and see what we can do.” I nodded as he went toward a man behind the rows of cameras.

While I waited for his return I looked at the other teams that were closer to me. Everyone seemed to be practicing the jump motions and going over the safety precautions once more, that was until I saw Nichkhun. He was just blatantly staring at me. He looked away once we made eye contact. Okay… that was weird.

“Taeyeon-ah, the producers said that would be okay,” he started. Yes! Is all I could think right now. My Tiffany wouldn’t have to jump! “But, they said they would come up with some sort of deduction, probably just a foot or so off your jump.”

“Yeah that’s perfect. Thank you so much Jaesuk-ssi.” This was great! Wait a second. “Jae-Jaesuk-ssi, could you not mention the deduction thing to anyone? I don’t want them to blame Tiffany if we happen to lose by whatever the deduction is.”

“Ah ne, don’t worry about it. I’ll let them know not to say anything. Oh and please call me hyung.”

“Ne, thank you so much” I called as I quickly returned to my group. I saw Tiffany with a life jacket on. Omo, what is that stubborn girl doing? An employee of the location we were at then handed her a helmet. “Here let me help you,” I said as I took the helmet from her hands.

“Tae I can do- What are you doing?”

“Getting ready to jump, what are you doing? Give me your life jacket,” I said coolly after I fastened the helmet on my head.

“Taeyeon-ah,” she said firmly. That grabbed the attention of Jihyo and Haha as well as a few others.

“Tiffany, I already talked to the PD. I’m jumping for you. I know that you’re scared, so I’ll do it. Now please give me your life jacket.”

“Omo, that is so sweet,” a voice that turned out to be Bora’s called out.

“Fine,” Tiffany said as she unsnapped the life jacket. As she handed it to me I could tell she was pretending to be angry at me by the way the corners of looked. Aigo, she is one frustrating girl.

“Oh, Taeyeon-ah. What are you doing?”

“Sunny? Where were you?”

“Sooyoung, Hyorin, Sungkyu and I just came back from the restrooms. What are you doing in the helmet?”

“Ah, I’m jumping for Tiffany. I already talked to the PD.”

“Oh jinjja?” I nodded. “How adorable,” she squealed. “Alright let’s go win. Oppa?”

“Ne Sunny-ah,” Haha called back as he made his way over to us.

“Ah, we have to go over there,” Sunny instructed.  “We’re next!”

________________________________________________________________________________

 

I watched as Haha and Taeyeon scaled the set of stairs to the jumping platform. Gah I loved him. I didn’t even say anything about being nervous. I don’t think I would’ve either, I was trying to be my usual confident self in front of him and everyone else here. I guess he saw through that. Seriously the first chance I got today I was going to give him the biggest kiss..

The first team was finally making their way back to where we all were. “Good job guys,” I called to them.

Sunny was now getting in to position on the end of the blob. Damn, I was anxious and I wasn’t even out there. I looked back at Taeyeon who was going through some last minute jump practices with Haha. Why did that platform have to be so high up? Something about heights freaked me out. Maybe it wasn’t necessarily the height itself, but the whole falling from said height really freaked me out.

“Taeyeon-ah, Sunny-ah fighting,” I called one last time. I watched Taeyeon as he nodded and smiled at me just before he jumped. I held my breath as they leaped on to the blob beneath them.

The next thing I saw was Sunny shooting in to the air. Oh. My. God.

I know I’ve only seen one person fly so far, but she seemed to go very, very high. Everyone around me seemed equally as impressed. “Wow,” Jihyo unnie said from beside me. “That’s the highest I’ve ever seen anyone go.”

“Jinjja,” Soo asked. She nodded. “Wow, daebak.”

“Now we just have to do well,” she said to Soo.

“Ne, I’m sure we can send Taeyeon soaring. He’s a little guy,” he teased, receiving laughter from the older girl.

“Yah~ he’s not that little,” I defended.

“Ooooh, Tiffany likes Taeyeon, Tiffany likes Taeyeon,” Jihyo unnie then teased me. I shook my head and then welcomed Oppa and Taeyeon back.

“Good job oppa! Taeyeon-ah, thank you so much for doing that,” I said as I smiled.

“Don’t worry about it Tiffany. It was my pleasure. Were on the same team after all,” he said as he smiled. Waah! He is the best, and staying cool in front of everyone? Gah, Kim Taeyeon I am impressed.

A few minutes later Sunny had arrived back from being plunged in to the lake.

“Sunny-ah! That was amazing,” Sooyoung cheered once he saw her. I then grabbed the towel that was closest to us and wrapped her in it.

“Jinjja Sunny, you went so high I almost died.”

“She’s right, I saw her face get white and everything,” unnie said causing us all to laugh.

“Hey good job Sunny,” someone said from behind me. Who was th- Oh give me a break.

“Thanks Nichkhun. Are you guys up next?”

“Aniyo, we’re after SISTAR.” Awesome, so they’d be sticking around until then… I felt something rub against my arm. Quickly looking to my right I saw that it was Taeyeon, who had just moved closer to me. He also looked a little angry. I followed his gaze and, omo. He was practically glaring at Nichkhun. I nudged my elbow in to him and he finally snapped out of it. Jeesh, what in the world was up with that?

He knew he was my ex, but he never seemed to have a problem with it, until right now that is. I shook my head again. It was a pretty cute gesture though, I thought. Him coming up beside me being all mad and jealous like. He didn’t even have to try to be cute and he succeeded.

Not too much later through all the awkward silence, it was finally 2PMs turn. Thank god. Once they left the area I turned directly toward Taeyeon. “What was that about Tae,” I asked quietly with a smirk on my face.

Another one of my favorite hobbies was questioning him, about anything, everything really. Whatever popped in my head at the time usually. Most of the time they were silly random questions, but he always had an answer. Whether it was clever or cute or actually correct, that fool always knew the right thing to say. I smiled bigger just thinking about it.

“What was what about?” Did he really think I didn’t notice

“You standing right beside me as soon as Nichkhun came over here.”

“Oh did I? I was just trying to-“

“Oh don’t play stupid with me Kim Taeyeon,” I said and smiled right at him. It was so funny to watch him try to hold in his smile.  He stared at me and I stared right back. Once I raised my brows, he finally looked away.

“Aish, fine! You got me! I just wanted to stand beside you okay?”

“Tae,” I warned. I knew he was lying, he was horrible at it. To me at least, to everyone that asks about us however, he was getting better and better. It was probably him just becoming more comfortable with being bombarded with questions and with public speaking in general, but either way it was good for us. I know when I first debuted it was always rough for me to talk because I was so afraid I’d mess up my pronunciation, I even did a few times. One of my biggest mistakes was one that led to me still getting called ‘mushroom’ to this day.

“Okay, okay. Back in the locker rooms at the Sports Center the guys were talking about who they think is the most attractive, and that punk said ‘definitely Tiffany.’”

I was waiting for the ‘and’, but it never came. “That was it?” He nodded. “Omo, Tae. Don’t let silly things like that get you,” I said as I pushed him a little. “Plus.” I then motioned for him to move down a little. “I love you,” I whispered and then walked away with a smile on my face.

I looked around. Where was Sunny though? It was almost our boys’ time to jump and she couldn’t miss it. Oh! I found her, she was talking to the girls from SISTAR. Gah with Sunny’s hair back to being brown it was way more difficult to pick her out of a crowd.

“Sunny-ah!”

“Oh hey Tiff.” I was then greeted by Hyorin and Bora.

“Yeah it’s nice to see you both too. Taeyeon and Sooyoung are about to go though, I came to see where you were.”

“Oh jinjja?” I nodded. “Let’s get closer then. It was nice seeing you again Bora, Nice meeting you too Hyorin!” I exchanged farewells and then we made our way hand in hand to where everyone was. Just in time too.

“Okay TYS you can come up now,” an employee instructed.

“Taengo, it isn’t even scary, you’ll be alright,” Sunny enthused.

“Ah, I hope so. Jumping off that was a little different than this is going to be,” he smiled.

“Good luck Tae, do well. Fighting,” I called one last time before he nodded and walked to where he was supposed to board the blob. “Unnie! Sooyoung-ah! Fighting,” Sunny and I both cheered.

I watched Tae as he cutely hopped on to the blob and scooted his way out to the edge.

“Taeyeon-ah, can you move a little more out,” Jihyo shouted down.

“Ne! Can you give me a little bit of a heads up though?”

“Yeah, we’ll count to 3 really loudly. Like 1, 2, 3! Did you hear me?”

“Yeah that’s fine,” Taeyeon yelled back. I saw them step closer to the edge. “Wait! Are you going to go on three or after three?!”

I laughed. Omo, he was really too much. Sunny was cracking up too.

“We’ll go after.” “Like 1,2,3, then we’ll jump,” the two up top shouted down.

“O-K,” he shouted back in English. I couldn’t keep the smile off my face now. He really is the biggest dork I’ve met.

Sooyoung then began the countdown. I squeezed Sunny’s hand. “1, 2, -“

Just before he yelled three I saw Taeyeon start to slip a little on the end of the blob. Oh no!

“3!”

As the two jumped down on to the blob Taeyeon slid even more. Once they fell on to it Taeyeon went flying through the air, but it was mostly horizontally. I don’t think he even went half as high as the shortest height so far. He did go about five times farther than anyone else however. Too bad they weren’t measuring that.

Sooyoung and Jihyo were back first. “Hey did you see what happened”

“Yeah, at the last second he started to slide off a little bit,” Sunny answered.

“Aish, we could’ve won too!”

“Hey, it’ll be okay,” I tried to cheer them up. Once Taeyeon got back and realized how, uh not so great he did he was probably going to beat himself up over it. “Sunny’s huge score might bring us up!”

“Yeah, she’s right,” Sooyoung agreed. He probably knew exactly what I was thinking. I mean he’s known him for at least as twice as long as I have, maybe even longer. “Plus we won the first round. We can just kill them in the next round too!”

“Wow, did you see how far out he got though? That was amazing,” Haha added. We all laughed and waited for his return.

The last team, which was Apink, already started to climb the stairs. Just then I watched as Tae got off the little boat that went out to retrieve the fliers.

“Yah, Sunny," I whispered. She hummed. ”Hug him first when he gets here, so I can too.”

“But he’s wet,” she whispered back.

Ugh, I rolled my eyes. “So are you!” I exhaled. “We’re obviously changing before we go to the next mission. Sunny, please?”

“Fine. Taengo! Good job! See I told you it wasn’t that bad.” She then pulled him in to a hug.

“Yeah, you were right,” he said as they released. Yay! My turn. “I think I screwed up though. It didn’t feel like I got very high.”

“Hey, it’s okay,” I said wrapping my arms around him. Even though he was still pretty soaking wet, it felt nice. “We won first last round and there are still more to go.” I released.

“Yeah you’re right. Still I’m sorry! I don’t know what happened, I just started slipping,” he explained.

“Hey, it’s fine Taeyeon-ah,” Haha reassured. “We’ll get them next round“

He then smiled for the first time since he got back. Whew.

“Everyone come close we’ll announce the result soon,” a staff member announced over a megaphone.

I looked at Taeyeon who was still sulking a bit. “Hey let’s get over there,” I said in his direction.

Everyone did as they said and formed a sort of semi-circle in front of the cameras. I was beside Taeyeon again, who was still looking a bit down. Ugh, this is so frustrating! He is so frustrating. For one, it’s only a game, one that doesn’t even mean anything. Two, he made a mistake, so what? Hell, I didn’t even jump!

I started rubbing his back. “Hey Tae, seriously don’t stress about this okay?” He nodded. “I mean it. If I catch you sulking around one more time Kim Taetae, you’ll be in serious trouble,” I said in a whisper. He then put a goofy little grin on his face. “See that’s more like it.”

“Alright!” I jumped and quickly removed my hand from his back. Omo. I think that just shaved a few years off my life. “We will now reveal the average height of each of the teams. Third place earning 5 points, with an average height of 19.2 feet… is the Pink Team!” Everyone applauded. “Second place earning 7 points, with an average height of 22.1 feet is…the Green Team! And that brings us to first place,” Jaesuk oppa said overtop of all the cheering of both teams. “Earning a whopping 10 points is the Blue Team with an average height of 23 feet exactly!” We all cheered once again.

“Remember, serious trouble,” I said sternly to the cute kid next to me.

As we started heading off we were interrupted by a loud voice once again. “Everyone please see your managers for your next change of clothes and then head to the predestinated cars, we will be heading to our next destination. We’ll also get the chance to eat there. Thank you for your hard work so far today!”

“Thank god,” Sooyoung said loudly from behind. I didn’t blame him. I was pretty hungry too. We hadn’t got a lot of time to properly eat, just a few snacks here and there. I was more than ready for food.

We finally reached TYS’s manager but I didn’t see ours anywhere. Hmm…

“Sunny-ah, where is oppa?”

“Oh, your manager had to go tend to something else. So you’re with me for the rest of the day,” TYS’s manager answered instead.

“Oh, okay,” I responded. That was fine with me! “Thank you.”

“Hyung, where are our clothes?”

“Right! I have all your shirts right here,” he said as he handed them to Taeyeon. “And then I have the rest of your clothes in this bag Soo. Oh and I have yours as well girls,” he added and then handed Sooyoung and I each a bag.

The four of us walked inside the facility, heading toward the locker rooms once again. Only this time Sunny and I were the last two to arrive instead of the first like last time.

“There you two are, I thought you got lost,” Jihyo unnie announced as we stepped inside.

“Aniyo, our manager left. So we had to wait on TYS’s for our stuff,” Sunny explained.

“Oh, that makes sense.”

“Wow you guys are really that close then,” I heard a voice ask. It was Eunji. Ugh, this girl was killing me.

“Yeah, we are,” I replied as I started to change my shirt. Since I never went in the water, I didn’t see the need to change anything else.

“Omo, so you two would know if oppas were interested in anyone?”

I froze momentarily, is she really going to ask this…?

“Ahh! Do you two know who the beautiful stranger is?” This time it was Bora. Everyone’s eyes shot to her. “What? I just want to know who it is?... So do you know?”

I looked at Sunny, who was smirking, again. Oh god here it goes.

“Yes, to both of the questions.”

“Omo! Who is it spill,” unnie said loudly. “Tiffany-ah, who is it?”

“Uh,” I started. Oh god what do I say, what do I say? “Uhm, well in Taeyeon’s case the person he’s interested in actually is the beautiful stranger, so I can’t tell you about him, but I don’t think Sooyoung is particularly interested in anyone specific right now.” I praised myself for coming up with that on spot.

“Oh man,” Eunji said. “So there’s not shot with him?” My eyes widened again. Seriously this girl didn’t even care about us knowing about her crush on my Taeyeon. She had guts; I will have to give her that. Most idols would beat around the bush before finally giving an answer. My protective side kicked in.

“Pretty much,” I answered. “He’s totally in to her.”

Alright, I did feel a little bad though, she seemed really nice, and pretty funny too. Actually, now that I’m thinking about it, I feel like we could probably be good friends. It’s just that no one gets away with flirting with my Taeyeon, especially right in front of me. I’m sure if she would have known she wouldn’t have said anything though, or maybe she would have. Who knows? Oh well.

I was going to have to get Sunny back for that comment later though. It was not disgusting. I loved Taeyeon’s cuteness. “But, we’ve said too much. Unnie, Tiff, let’s go eat.”

“Oh, right,” I said. And with that we left the room and quickly entered the van where the boys were already seated in the back row.

________________________________________________________________________________

About an hour or more later we arrived in the front of what seemed to be a large shopping center. What in the world are we doing here?

“Where are we,” I heard the kid beside me ask. Good question.          

“Hey Jihyo-yah isn’t this the I Park Mall,” hyung asked.

“Yeah I think so. It’s the largest shopping complex in Korea,” noona explained.

“Oh wow, daebak. Why are we here though? Wait,” I looked to my watch. “Isn’t it still open?”

“Let’s get out and find out.” I nodded and continued out of the van right behind Tiffany. What a view, I mean… Uh-

“Pink Team please come over here!” Whew, crisis adverted. We followed his order and soon met up with all the other idols and Running Man Members. “Alright our last mission will be here, but we can’t start setting up until everything closes in the section we need it to in two hours. We thought it would take longer with the first two missions so that’s why there is going to be a bit of a wait,” the PD explained. “So everyone has about two hours to kill. The only thing I ask of you is for everyone to meet here in two hours. We’ll be able to start mic’ing everyone up and preparing for the opening scene. Then we’ll continue in to the mall for the mission. Okay?”

There was a chorus of yeses. Everyone then began dispersing about.

“We’ll I’m going to have my manager bring me something to eat,” Haha laughed. “Rest up! We have to win later.” The four of us said our goodbyes as he and Jihyo noona walked off.

“What should we do for two hours,” Sunny asked.

“I’m eating something. I don’t think I’ll be able to go on much longer,” Sooyoung said over dramatically. “Let’s find hyung.” I nodded and followed behind him. Tiffany was beside me.

“What do you want to eat Fany-ah,” I asked as I nudged her. I wish I could just reach out and hold her hand, even for just a minute. It’s really the small things I missed the most.

“It doesn’t matter to me Taetae,” she replied quietly. “How about you?”

I smiled. “It doesn’t matter to me either.”

A few minutes after we found hyung, he was off inside the mall to buy us food. We all decided that if he just brought back a couple of plates of noodles of any kind we would be fine.

A little while after he left, Bora and Hyorin approached us.

“Annyeonghaseyo, d-do you mind if we join you over here?”

“Aniyo,” Sunny replied quickly. “Pull up a seat,” she said as she motioned to the ground we were all sitting on. I was laughing until I heard the next voice.

“Can I join too?”

It was Nichkhun. Damn, and I couldn’t be rude in front of everyone here. Ugh I guess I’d just have to deal wi-

“Nope, sorry. Six is our limit,” Sunny said sternly.

Did she just…? And he’s…laughing? Everyone but the SISTAR girls knew about the situation. They looked fine though. I don’t think they suspected anything. Thank goodness.

“Alright,” he said while still laughing. He made a motion to sit, but Sunny spoke up again. Uh oh.

“I’m serious Nichkhun, you can’t sit with us.” Everyone around stayed quiet. Hyorin and Bora looked so thrown off. Damnit, we’re going to almost have to tell them now.

“Oh come on Sunny-ah. Tiffany isn’t still mad after all these years is she,” he asked as he looked directly at my Tiffany with a smug little smirk. Who does this bastard think he is?

That was it. I jumped to my feet and took a step toward him in an instant. If it were just the two of us here I probably would have hit him by now, but I settled for words.

“She isn’t, she just doesn’t want to be surrounded by garbage like you,” I said in a low tone.

He laughed. “And who are you? Her bodyguard? Let her speak for herself. How about it Tiff-“

“Ani,” I said cutting him off. “I’m her boyfriend, and I’m asking you nicely to leave.” His eyes widened as he quickly looked down and at Tiffany again. I stepped in front of her, blocking his view. “Now.”

I saw him open his mouth to say something just as his name was called. I then watched him as he turned and walked away without another word. 

“Holy Taeyeon, that was amazing,” Sunny said excitedly as I sat down beside Tiffany. Oh my god that really happened. What even just happened? I can’t believe I did that. I felt a hand on my leg. Omo! Tiffany.

“Hey are you okay?” I put my hand on hers.

“Yeah, Tae. Thank you for that,” she said as she smiled at me. “I love you.”

I smiled back at her and removed my hand just as she did hers. “I love you too Fany-ah.” Gah, thankfully no one was near-oh no.

I looked directly to where the two girls from SISTAR were still sitting. They were staring straight at Tiffany and I with very wide eyes. Bora was starting to grin.

“Crap,” I said aloud and put my hand over my face. “I guess we owe you an explanation huh?” They stood still, well sat. Tiffany then looked to where I was looking and sighed. She then chuckled once and began talking.

“Well, if you didn’t pick up on it, Taeyeon and I are dating, and have been for about seven months,” Tiffany explained quietly. Their eyes got bigger. “Nichkhun and I kind of dated for a couple months a few years ago, but we broke up because he tried to talk to other girls. That and he was just an in general.” The two girls sort of awkwardly laughed.

I looked at Tiffany. I knew they dated, but I never knew the reason they ended it. I never asked. I figured it had to be something stupid, I mean who would purposely ruin their chance to be with Tiffany Hwang, gah she was perfect in every way I could think of. He had to be mental.

“Omo, so the beautiful stranger is you,” Bora asked finally breaking the silence.

I laughed. “Yeah, she is. Our newest song is written about her too,” I spilled.

“We really hope you two can keep this between us though,” Tiffany spoke again. “Like don’t even let your other members know. I hate to ask that of you, but it’s seriously important to us.”

“Ne,” Bora exclaimed. “I, uh… I mean yeah, we won’t tell anyone. Wah! This is so cool though, now I finally know who they’re singing about,” she said as she looked toward Hyorin.

“Well welcome to the exclusive circle of people who know,” Sunny said in a sarcastic way.

“Who else knows?”

“Uh well both of our groups obviously, f(x) knows, H2YO knows, and now you two. That’s it I think. Oh, and I guess Nichkhun now too. Am I missing anyone Fany-ah?”

“Manager oppas. Oh and our president.”

“Right! That’s it though,” I said looking at the two nodding girls in front of us.

“H2YO,” Hyorin asked.

“Ah, ne,” I quickly responded. I didn’t want Sunny to spill the news on her relationship today as well. “Hyoyeon is my cousin.”

“Oh jinjja?” I nodded. “That’s crazy!”

After a few more minutes of conversation hyung arrived with our food. The SISTAR girls stayed and ate their food with us as well. I didn’t mind, after all they did know about us, so I was hoping we could build up our friendship today. Tiffany already looked like she had already taken a particular liking to Bora.

Before I knew it, it was time to get started, well to get our mics on at least. We started to gather around where the crew was until I saw a set of new shirts. Hmm? Didn’t we just change?

“Alright everyone please take your shirts and your respective group of name tags,” the PD announced. “Change in to them and then please meet back here in ten minutes.”

Omo. We weren’t about to play the hide and seek game were we? That looked like the most fun game they ever played on this show!

As Sooyoung came back with the shirts and tags I quickly held one of them up. Sure enough the back was fitted with a Velcro holding for the nametag. Oh my god, this was incredible.

“Oh daebak,” I heard from behind us. “We’re playing hide and seek.” It was Haha hyung.

“Jinjja?”

“I would think. That’s why were at this big location here,” he explained. “And these.”

“Yeah I thought the same thing as soon as we arrived,” noona said as she walked up, taking a shirt from Sooyoung’s arms.

“This is going to be awesome,” Sunny cheered from beside us. “Let’s go change. Unnie you can use our van too if you want.”

“Oh sure, let’s go.”

About thirty minutes later everyone was changed, mic’d and ready to go. While most of the cameras were still outside they had us line up in our teams so we could start the opening for the last mission. So far no one has said for sure if it was going to be hide and seek, so I was even more excited to listen and find out.

“Okay Jaesuk-ssi are you ready to start,” the PD asked. He replied with a nod. “Idols are you ready?” There was a unanimous ‘yes.’ “Alright then 3, 2, 1!”

“Annyeonghaseyo! We are here at Yongsan’s biggest shopping mall for the final mission of our ‘King of the Idols’ competition,” he paused so we could all cheer. “Ne, there are a total of 350 thousand shoppers here every day! This shopping mall is really the biggest, and that’s why we’re here. The last mission will be,” he paused again. Aish! This was killing me. “Couples Hide and Seek!”

“Wooooo,” I cheered loudly. Wait… Did he say couples?

“Couples?” “Don’t you mean Teams?” “What,” were some of the shouts I heard from around me. I looked to Tiffany, but she was still looking at Jaesuk hyung. I focused my attention back in hopes for some answers.

“Okay, let me explain some of the rules first, and then I’ll get to the pairing situation. We will be releasing the groups of two at five minute intervals. This is where the points come in handy from before. Since the Blue Team has the most, they will be the third team released. It will give a better chance at survival to them. The Pink Team who is ranked at 2nd right now will be released second and the Green Team will be released first. We will then just repeat that order. Does that make sense?”

I nodded as I heard others agree verbally.

“Good, alright now for the pairing. The two Running Man members will be paired together automatically.” I heard a round of groans from the members. “Since we don’t want to cause any scandals, the idols will draw a team member’s name from a hat,” he explained as everyone laughed. Great. It was a 50% chance that I wouldn’t get Tiffany! “So we’ll go ahead and do that, and then we can continue on with the rest of the rules.”

Not but a minute after the main camera stopped filming a crew member came to our group with a small container with two pieces of paper in it. Along with him was a man with a smaller camera. Gah, they really were filming everything.

“Alright ladies, each of you draw a name.” They did. I was standing beside Sunny so I kind of, okay totally, peeked when she opened hers.

Of freaking course! She would pick my name! Seriously my luck was the wor-

“I got Sooyoung!” Wait a minute what? I looked to the girl beside me and then to the open paper in her hand. It clearly read Taeyeon.

“And I-I got Taeyeon.” I looked to Tiffany. She looked equally as confused, but then a smile grew. Omo. Sunny I could kiss you right now! Tiffany and I were going to be together! Ahhhh!

 “Alright! We’ll explain the rest of the rules in side. Everyone ready?” Everyone responded with a unanimous yes. “Alright then let’s go!”

The PD then had us all walk off in a certain direction, I’m sure it was for the filming purposes. After we all had left the view of the camera the PD informed us that we would be going inside soon, but we would still have a small wait until all the cameras were set up. Finally getting a second alone with Soo and SNSD though, I spoke up.

“Sunny you sneaky little devil,” I said in her direction. “You totally had my name.”

“Yah, why are you complaining?”

“I’m not! I’m just saying that that was a smooth move.”

“Well you two are welcome. You get to be together for the rest of the night,” she said as she grinned at us.

“Thank you Sunny-ah,” Tiffany said as she approached. “This is going to be the best.”

“I know,” I cheered. “We have to win,” I said as I started to bend down. Tiffany thankfully then swiftly pushed me back. Hard too, oww.

“Taeyeon,” she sorta whisper shouted at me.

“Crap, I know. I’m sorry! I just got so caught up.” Omo. I can’t believe I almost kissed her right here in front of everyone.

“Yah! What are you going to do if we win pabo-yah?”

“Hey, it’s not if, it’s when,” I corrected, earning an eye roll from the latter.

________________________________________________________________________________

Woo~ Part two! Also, over 40 upvotes wahh~ thank you so much!!
I hope I'm meeting everyone's hopes on the Running Man  chapters so far!

Thank you all so much for reading my story!
Please continue to subscribe/upvote.^^
Don’t be afraid to leave a comment, positive or negative.
I love all the feedback!