Photographs

Into the New World

 

 

 

When I turned my phone off of airplane mode and checked my text from Sunny… THAT was the first thing I saw.

I sighed.

“What’s the matter babe? You can’t be tired, you snored for the whole fli-“

“Yah! I did not snore,” I defended. “You snored~… Look.” I handed him my phone.

“What is…,” he trailed off. “Wow~ we both look so pissed off,” he laughed.

“I was. I still am,” I admitted. His arm wrapped around my shoulder and pulled me closer. “Weren’t you mad?”

“A little bit, but I was more worried about you.” I grabbed his hand that was around my shoulder.

Wait… what?

“Huh?” Why would he be worried about me?

“Every time I think about you in an airport with a bunch of people I think about how you cried at, uh where was it again? Japan? You know… after you almost got pulled off stage…”

I quickly thought back to the moment he was referring to and smiled.

“It was China, but Tae that was different… and there were like no fans this time. It was just photographers an-“

“I don’t care. It always worries me,” he laughed. “I told hyung if something happens again I’m hiring a body guard for you.”

Oh my god. Was he serious?

I looked at my manager and- omo.

“Seriously,” I asked the nodding man.

“Yep. He wanted to hire one then, but I talked him out of it.”

Oh my god.

“Taeyeon! I do not need a body guard pabo-yah! What were you thinking,” I asked as I pushed him away. Ugh… He is seriously crazy. ­ I felt Taeyeon’s hand move to my neck.

“I was thinking about you… pabo,” he added after quickly placing his lips on mine.  “Oh look the article says we had on couple outfits too!”

After I calmed down the butterflies in my stomach and the fireworks going off in my head from his soft lips, I could finally react to what he said.

“See~, I told you we did.” He stuck his tongue out and continued to read the article aloud with his cute English accent.

“Gah, why are people making such a big deal about that,” he asked. I assumed he was referring to the part he had just read.

“Because when one of the best singers in the industry says that he doesn’t want his kids to inherit his amazing voice, it’s a little surprising.” I mean I was shocked at least.

“Why? Do you want our kids to be singers? Fany you know how hard it is. I-”

“I’m not saying I want them to be singers Taeyeon, but I don’t want them to have ugly voices,” I laughed. “Are kids are going to be the cutest in the world. What are we going to do if they sound like an old man when they talk?” I watched him smirk.

“Teach them sign language?” Oh my god.

“I’m serious Taeyeon~.” He laughed.

“I know, I know~. Okay. Our kids can have cute voices, but they cannot become singers. Deal?” I shook my head at his ridiculousness.

“I don’t care what they want to do as long as they like it,” I started. I saw Taeyeon’s eyes getting bigger like he was about to react. Aigo~! “But~! If you say they can’t become singers, I’ll listen to you.”

“Jinjja?” I nodded. “Pinky promise.”

“Oh god are we really doing this?” He nodded again. “Fine. I pinky promise Kim Taetae… They’ll have to listen to their appa anyway right?” He grinned and I knew I was doing just the same.

Thinking about Taeyeon with our future children made me so giddy for some reason. I definitely didn’t want children anytime soon, but when we did have them…oh my god. Taeyeon was going to be the best dad in the world. I already knew it.

I started thinking back to when we were filming for our WAD show and how he handled those children so well… Ah~ he was seriously so cute when he played with them, I couldn’t even imagine if they were our own…

“Yah~ they’ll have to listen to their umma too,” he said cutely with a nudge. I felt butterflies again, but this time they were seriously attacking.

Ugh! I couldn’t even speak he was being so cute.

“Whatever. Just read your stupid article.”

He laughed and wrapped his arms around me again, pulling me into a tight back hug. As he continued to read the article aloud, in English, I couldn’t help but grin. Seriously, I didn’t think the English language could ever be this adorable.

"The recently dubbed Nation Couple- Wait,” he said switching back to Korean. “We’re the nation’s couple?!”

Hold on. What?!

I grabbed my phone from his hand and looked at the article and holy... It really did say it. ‘The recently dubbed Nation’s Couple.’

“Oh yeah,” his manager said. “I didn’t tell you?”

“Uh no. I think I’d remember that hyung,” Taeyeon said sassily. “Since when? How, even?”

“Just a couple days ago. After your ‘Big Brothers’ episode aired.” I couldn’t believe this. “And I think a radio show or an article or something called you it and people just kept it rolling.

“Oh my god Taeyeon.”

I know we’ve been called a ‘royal couple,’ a ‘golden couple,’ and obviously an ‘idol couple’… but a whole Nation’s couple? This was crazy. Do people really like us that much? Because the last time I checked, I was still getting many, many comments a day about taking someone’s oppa away…

Taeyeon’s lips on my cheek brought me back from my thoughts.

“I can. We should be the Nation’s Couple.” I turned around to look at the now confident Taeyeon. He laughed. “What? We’re like the best couple in the world.” I shook my head at his logic and tried to think about the real logical answer.

After quickly thinking about who we were up against though, I could totally understand why we were chosen. I’m not saying that we were more famous, or have been together longer or anything, but we did have one thing on pretty much everyone else.

We were clearly the most open of the celebrity couples out there. Hell, we had a reality show that was literately there so we could show off our relationship. I mean Taeyeon proposed on live television… You couldn’t get more open than that.

I obviously didn’t mind the attention, but to say we were the Nation’s couple was probably a bit of a stretch.

I looked up at Taeyeon’s grin and immediately smiled myself. Okay, so even if we really didn’t deserve the title, it was pretty exciting to have it.

“Bags are here,” oppa said from in front of us. I moved to grab mine, but Taeyeon beat me to it.

Ugh, this guy…

“Tae, I can carry my own.” He shook his head.

“Ani, don’t worry babe. I got it.” I sighed, he was such an idiot sometimes.

It’s not that I didn’t mind him carrying it, but since we were both staying for almost a week we had a lot more clothes than usual. That meant our bags were really more of a suitcase than a bag… and then that meant that both of his hands would both be preoccupied with our bags and not my hand.

Thankfully, oppa took all of the bags a minute or so later and put them on a couple of those little trolley things we could push around. I grinned and grabbed Taeyeon’s hand as soon as he set my bag on top. He looked at me and smiled as we continued to walk through the empty- er, well it wasn’t empty; obviously, I mean it was still packed full of people. It was just the fact that none of those people were here for us that was so refreshing.

Since that article was posted last night I figured there would be fans waiting, but there wasn’t… or at least we didn’t see them… which was totally okay with me.

We eventually made it through the airport though and into a huge taxi. All six of us fit inside, but it was snug… and that was perfectly fine with me too. Oppa tried to get me to sit upfront so I could talk to the taxi driver because, surprise-surprise, I was the best English speaker here. I was not going to do it though. I didn’t even get to sit close to Taeyeon the whole sixteen hour flight.

I don’t know if it was the airliner or just the plane, but the seats we were in were separated by this large console kind of thing. On most flights we’ve been on together it’s usually not this big or its moveable, but nope! The most we could do was hold hands.

Seriously, I was so mad. That on top of the nonsense at the airport…

UGH.

No Tiffany, calm down. A few good things did come from it.

The first few hours on the flight Taeyeon and I were able to look through different catalogs that our managers brought along for furniture and other decoration for our house. It was actually pretty exciting and very interesting to see a little more in to how Taeyeon’s mind worked. He was seriously such an odd person. He kept picking out the strangest stuff… Ugh, I really don’t know how I fell for that dork.

I did know however, that he was never allowed to decorate our home…

Ever.

I told the driver the address and got a little excited.

“Oppa is our hotel by the beach?” I knew the area that we were headed to and I also knew that it was definitely close to the ocean. I mean it wasn’t called Venice Beach for nothing…

Since we were by the beach that means I can take a long beach stroll at night with Taeyeon too. Oh my gosh, I was getting excited by just thi-

“Uh, I’m not sure. We’re heading to the shoot right now.”

“What?” “Huh,” Taeyeon and I said at the same time.

“Right now,” I asked urgently. We just got off the plane!

“We don’t get to go to the hotel first?”

“Yes Tiffany and no Taengo. They wanted to start tomorrow originally, but Jiho and I told them that we could start today.”

Oh my god.

“Why would you do that?” Were they stupid? We were in no condition to take pictures right now, we just rode in a plane for sixteen hours! Oh. My. G-

“We figured the sooner we got it all over with, the more time you two could have without all of us sticking around.”

Oh…

Well… I guess that is a pretty good excuse.

“Jinjja?” Oppa hummed.

“We know you two never really get time to be together without us so we thought we’d help you a little.”

“And we feel bad that you won’t get to go on a real honeymoon for a while after your wedding,” Taeyeon’s manager added.

“Yah~ way to bring that up again hyung,” Taeyeon groaned. I just smiled. That was truly a nice thing for them to do for us.

“Thank you oppas!”

__________________________________________________________

“Someone is going to stop by for an interview later,” hyung said as we all waited on Tiffany to get finished with her hair and makeup.

“Is it going to be in English?”

“Probably,” he said sarcastically. “We are in America.” He put extra emphasis on the last word.

“Yah~ I know that, but they should know I’m not that great at English,” I defended.

“They probably think you are since you’re marrying a foreigner,” my stylist Joohwa teased.

“That’s true, plus Tiffany said you were getting better herself… You’ll be fine Taeng.” I sighed.

I really hoped so. This would be my first real English interview.

“Okay everyone’s ready,” the PD for the shoot called out. “Let’s get both of you by the wall.”

Wait a second… Both of us? I hadn’t seen Tiffany yet, what was he ta- Oh my god.

As I turned around in hopes of figuring out what this guy was talking about, I spotted my very, very beautiful fiancé.

She was walking toward me in a pair of very tight skinny jeans and a crop top showing off her perfectly smooth and y stomach. Oh god~!

My jaw dropped.

She looked… She looked… blinded?

Omo. I bet she was since the sun was so bright today.

I rushed to her immediately after taking the umbrella my manager was just holding up over me so I could hold it up over her.

Gah, that red crop top looked amazing on her.

For our wedding photo shoot, we were pretty much telling a story through our pictures. They said that our section of the magazine was going to start off with us in a more formal attire and then it will progress to us pretending to leave for our fake honeymoon and then it would show us being cute on our fake honeymoon... That’s what we were shooting right now.

They wanted to show us out on the town and then I think most of the others were going to be taken on or around the beach.

Ugh, it’s a good thing I’ve been kinda working out for our comeback….

We were going to try to fit all eleven scenes in today, but if we couldn’t we have to just finish them up tomorrow. I really hoped we could though.

“Here babe,” I said as I held the umbrella over her. I bent in for a kiss, but her hand pushed against my chest instantly. Ugh~!

“Uhn-uh,” she voiced. “You’ll mess up both our makeups.” I groaned. She just looked so good.

“Fine… You look very y Fany-ah.” I watched her grin.

“You know that word sounds similar in English right? I’m sure everyone around knows what you said.” I laughed.

“So? I’m sure they all agree. Want me to ask someone? Hey-“

“Yah,” she cut me off. I could see her cheeks reddening and I was internally dying. She was so cute.

“Tiffany, Taeyeon,” I heard from the left. “We need you by the wall.”

Oh crap, the photo shoot. Right…

“Ne- er… Yes,” I replied in English. I put my hand on Tiffany’s back and walked toward where he was talking about.

“Okay, let’s get started. Just act natural… and go!”

Wha- How? Did he expect us to just kno- oh my god.

All of a sudden I felt Tiffany’s hand wrap tightly in mine.

“Fany-ah,” I said through my teeth. “What do I do?” She laughed.

“Look at me.” I did. “Act like you usually do with me pabo. Nothing is different. We’re just getting our picture taken this time.”  I nodded as her smile grew.

She was right. I just needed to act like I usually did…

Now the only question was how the heck do I usually act?

________________________________________________________

Thankfully, after the first two scenes I was totally feeling less awkward about being close to Tiffany in front of the camera.

The director even complimented me a few times! He said there was a shot of me putting Fany’s hair behind her ear that was pure gold!

Wah~! That felt really good to hear, especially because I wasn’t even trying. It was so windy; her hair was seriously going everywhere. His comment gave me hope and helped to calm my nerves.

In every location and different outfit change my Tiffany looked fantastic, but she always did so I guess that’s nothing new. This time it was the same result.

Drop dead gorgeous.

She stepped out of the trailer we had been using for our outfit changes and I just grinned.

That was MY girlfriend, my future wife… ugh. Seriously, all these guys around keep looking at her and I can’t help but feel proud.

Tiffany had on another pair of short shorts, that continued to kill me, and a loose tan shirt that revealed her collarbones and her shoulders… and the straps of the bikini she was wearing underneath.

Oh good lord she was so y and beautiful and she wasn’t even trying. Her perfectly toned legs and her milky white skin... Ugh! I just wanted to kiss her all over. It was even more torture since I could clearly see her bikini underneath.

It was just that thin shirt and the little piece of clothing that was blocking me from one of my favorite-

Oh my god.

If I could see it that clearly, that means everyone else could too. Oh~ no!

I took a few quick steps and met her midway; wrapping the jacket that hyung told me to put on around her instead.

She laughed. “What are you doing Taetae?”

“Fany, I can see your bikini.” She gave me a weird look.

“Yeah? That’s the point dummy. We’re taking beach photos next. What do you want me to do? Wear a winter jacket,” she laughed. I sighed.

“Obviously not, but you could wear a whole shirt at least… Jeesh, I already have enough Korean guys after you now you want to add all these American guys too?” She showed off her perfect eye smile before cupping my cheek.

“You look even better than I do right now and I’m not the least bit worried. Look,” she pushed my face to the right. “Those girls have followed us the whole time and they keep staring at you.”

I looked at the three girls and holy… I think I do remember seeing them earlier.

She was definitely wrong about me looking better though. Did she look in the mirror at all?

“But-“

“Tiff, Taeyeon,” hyung interrupted. “Before we head to the beach let’s get the interview out of the way. He’s been waiting for a while.”

“Oh jinjja? Where?”

“He’s over there,” her manager pointed. I looked and saw a guy in a gray t-shirt and jeans.

Huh? He doesn’t look like an interviewer? I guess he did have a few cameras with him…

Omo! He does look Asian though! Maybe he even speaks Korean! Wah~! That boosted my mood. Maybe I wouldn’t have to fail my first English interview afterall.

“Let’s go Fany-ah.” She held my hand and we started walking toward the cameras and the man in front of them.

“Yay,” she said as we got close. “Hi~!”

Wait ‘hi’… In English?

Uh-oh…

“Hey, how ya doing?” Oh god he does speak English… Why would they send- what?

Tiffany let go of my hand and… what the! She hugged him! She was hugging him!

You don’t just jug random people Stephanie Hwang Miyoung!

“Hi, thank you for coming all the way out here,” she said in English as they continued to hug. UGH!

It wasn’t even a side hug; it was full on body to body. Tiffany was barely even wearing a shirt!

“Thank you for letting us come,” he said to the camera cheerfully. “And annyeonghaseyo.” He stuck out his hand so I quickly shook it… even though he hugged my girlfriend.

 “Hello,” I responded in English. I couldn’t let this jerk make me look like a fool either.

“Oh English?” I nodded confidently. “Okay, cool.”

“Yeah, he’s getting a lot better,” Tiffany said with a smile.

“Well good! Alright~ we’re here with two people that really don’t need an introduction,” he started. “We’re here with the beautiful and talented Miss Tiffany from Girls’ Generation and the equally as talented Taeyeon from TYS.”

We both waved at the camera and Tiffany even said a cute ‘hi~!’

“So what are you two doing out here today? All prettied up and such,” he said while seriously checking out Tiffany. He had sunglasses on, but I could definitely still tell.

I was really going to have to hit this guy.

“We’re here for our wedding pictorial photo shoot,” Tiffany said back with an adorable eye smile. “It doesn’t look like it right now, but we’re about to take some pictures like we’re on our honeymoon.”

“Ahh, I see… Do you come to the beach often though?”

Tiffany started talking about how she came to the beach almost every weekend when she still lived here and he couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

Yah! I’m here too, I should’ve shouted.

But I didn’t. I thought I should take the high road, so instead I just dabbed the sweat off of my baby’s forehead.

She looked at me with big eyes.

“I didn’t want it to run in your eyes,” I said softly in Korean. She thanked me cutely before talking about how being in LA makes her feel more like herself and how she misses it.

Thankfully he changed the subject and asked us questions about random things like ‘what are the things we have to do or try now that we’re here?’ Tiffany said Mexican food while I quickly added cheeseburgers. The one I had last time I was here was amazing…

“Okay, now we asked your fans here in the US to send in some questions so is it okay if we ask you some of those too?”

“Really,” I asked. He nodded.

“Oh yeah... We had thousands sent in. From what I hear you two are the Korean equivalent to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Is that true?” Tiffany immediately laughed.

“People have actually said that?” I couldn’t believe it either. Those two were very, very, VERY famous. They were known worldwide. Tiffany and I didn’t even compare!

“Yeah, I heard it all week when people found out I was doing this interview,” he explained.

“Wow~. Well to whoever started that rumor, thank you,” she laughed cutely. “It’s an honor to be compared to them.” He laughed.

“Okay let’s get to the first question shall we?” We both nodded. “Remember this is from the fans, not us,” he laughed.  Oh god…

“Why? Are they weird,” I asked.

“You’ll see,” he said with a grin. “The first question. Okay, let’s suppose you two have a child, who do you want it to resemble? I think that’s a fitting question for us being at your wedding shoot, right?”

“Ah, I knew something like this would come out,” Tiffany sighed. I grinned. I kinda figured it too. People keep asking us if we already were expecting or plan to be soon.

I really don’t know how many times we have to say ‘we’re not having children for a while’ before they understand.

“Who would I want it to look like?” Tiffany looked at me and I nodded, signaling she could go first. “Okay… I think if we had a girl, I’d want her to look like Taeyeon and if we had a boy I would want him to look like me.”

“What,” I asked aloud in English. Switching back to Korean,” That doesn’t make any sense.”

“Yes it does,” she laughed. “I think our daughter will be really pretty if she looks like you and our son would be handsome if he looked like me… Why? What do you think?”

Psht… that was an easy question.

“I want it to look like you. Boy or girl, they should all be as pretty as you.”

“Aye~,” Tiffany said embarrassedly as she nudged me.

“Jinjja~! I’m not kidding.”

Oh crap, nor was I speaking English…

Thankfully neither of them minded or caught it and the guy moved on to the next few questions.

After a few more minutes and a lot more random questions, we were thankfully done. We said goodbye to the guy and the cameras before walking back to where the photo crew was.

“That was fun,” she said happily. I hummed. She was right. It was pretty fun… besides the whole him checking her out the whole time bit…

The next thing we were instructed to do however, was not going to be fun.

At all.

________________________________________________

“You want me to take my shirt off,” Taeyeon asked loudly. I laughed.

We had just finished a scene where I sat on Taeyeon’s shoulders and rode around while he walked around the beach a little.

Actually the picture that they got out of it was so cute. Taeyeon had a dorky expression and I was on top of him holding on to his precious face while laughing, showing off the smile he loves the best. They had another one where I was leaning over and looking at him while he looked up at me. I thought that one was more sweet and romantic for sure, but the one with us both laughing displayed us perfectly. He just made me so happy.

Ugh, and I just liked all the pictures so much! I had already asked oppa to make the magazine give me a copy of each of them.

“We want a scene of you two playing in the water,” the PD explained.

“Can’t I keep my shirt on?”

“We’d like it better if it was off,” the PD said sort of apologetically. I heard him groan. I didn’t know why though. It didn’t matter if he had a perfect six pack or not, he still looked damn good. He has all day.

Seriously, it’s been so hard for me to keep my hands off him. I just kept telling myself that the sooner we get this over with, the sooner I could actually put my hands all over him.

“Fany-ah… what do I do?” He looked at me with a worried expression.

“Just take it off Taetae. You look good,” I assured.

“A-are you sure?”

“Of course babe. I wouldn’t lie,” I smiled. I heard him exhale forcefully.

“Okay~.”

I don’t know if he was hesitant because he actually didn’t want to take his shirt off or because he thought I would get mad or something because he’s showing his body off, but either way it was ridiculous.

I won’t lie. In the past I have gotten pretty upset over him flashing his abs on TV and during performances and I admit it. I guess I just didn’t want other girls to look at him like I look at him or something, but I really don’t think that can be prevented. Seriously, just his adorable face was enough to draw the girls in by the hundreds.

He had a very y body no matter what he did either and all the girls that were now staring at him was just proof. It also made me feel just so much better about myself. All these people think this man is attractive and he only wants me.

Wah~ it was a good feeling.

As I look back I can see just how ridiculous I was being too. He was mine and he has made that clear on so many levels. The only thing that worries me though is that he’s a nice person… sometimes too nice. He really takes care of his friends and members so well. Seriously. I wanted to strangle IU when they first started recording and rehearsing and promoting together for ‘Nagging’.

They were just so close and friendly out of nowhere. I honestly thought she was interested in him.

When I heard that she was just thankful and happy they could connect so easily… from Eunhyuk, I was relieved, but also worried.

I don’t want stupid girls to fall for him because they take his politeness or his sense of caring for people as attraction or whatever.

I also worried about other idols sometimes. I don’t know why, but every time Taeyeon is mentioned as someone’s ideal type, I get a little defensive. I don’t know what it is, and I don’t know why but it happens.

 “Tiffany, we need you to change too,” The PD said I nodded, but I noticed that Taeyeon froze mid-taking off his shirt.

“She’s not wearing her bathing suit! She has to be covered up,” he said defensively. I grinned.

Aigo~ my poor Taetae is so protective.

“We know Taeyeon,” the PD’s assistant who spoke Korean commented. “She’ll be in a tank top and shorts… Okay?” I watched him nod before I headed back in to the trailer to change. He was the cutest.

As I stepped out my eyes were quick to find my shirtless fiancé and… holy. Why was he even worried in the first place? Seriously…

I could clearly make out his six pack abs from here. They weren’t super defined and he didn’t have bulging biceps or anything, but they were still perfectly there.

He watched me walk toward him with that same grin that’s been there all day.

“You look gorgeous Fany-ah,” he said as soon as we met. I smiled.

“And you look very y,” I said quietly before poking his tummy, letting my fingers linger as long as I could. “Your stomach is perfect Taetae.”

Gah, now I felt like a byuntae.

“Aye~, no its not. You should see Soo’s or Yuri’s,” he laughed. I shook my head.

“I have pabo-yah. Yours is more perfect to me.” I saw him grin before we were instructed to head to the beach.

The PD started by having us pose a few times together. He had Taeyeon hold me close and this was becoming way too much. His body this close to mine after I haven’t had alone time with him in forever… It was troublesome to say the least.

After a few more pictures in the sand he had us move to the water. The ‘scenario’ this time was that I didn’t want to get in the water, but Taeyeon did. So he had us act like Tae was pulling me in for a few shots. The next few were of Taeyeon picking me up and carrying me and now we were both standing in the shallow water splashing each other.

The whole scene was fun and I wish we would have gotten to actually play in the water or even swim for a bit, but we had a tight schedule.

“Okay that’s it for this,” the PD announced. “Let’s break for an hour. We have to wait until the sun goes down more.”

Hearing that was music to our ears. Taeyeon had been saying since a few hours ago how hungry he was. I was starting to get pretty hungry myself. That’s why the first thing we did was change quickly into our own clothes and ask our managers if we could go eat somewhere.

“You only have an hour,” oppa warned.

“Nuh-uh~ didn’t you hear them? They checked and they said the sunset was later than they thought. We have an hour and a half.” He sighed.

“Fine… Should one of us come with you?”

“Aniyo, I think we should be okay.” I could see both of our managers looking around at the small crowd that has gathered around us. Oh god. “I don’t think any of them actually know who we are oppa, I think they all swarmed because of all the cameras… ya know?” He nodded.

“I guess you’re probably right.” I hummed.

“I’ll just pretend I don’t know English if they try to talk to us.”

“Yah, don’t be rude Tiffany,” my manager scolded. I laughed.

“I’m just kidding oppa jesus… Can we go please? I’m so hungry~.” He sighed again.

“Alright. Just don’t get lost and call us if anything happens, got it?”

“Ne,” Taeyeon and I said in unison before walking away.

We were finally free~!

__________________________________________________

As I walked down the busy Venice boardwalk hand in hand with the man I love, I couldn’t feel happier.

No one knew who we were and it felt amazing. It felt like we were just an average couple that could do whatever we wanted… Okay, not whatever we wanted, but we could do a lot more than we could in the streets of Korea that was for sure.

I wanted to stop and look at a few of the little shops on the boardwalk, but Taeyeon insisted that we eat first. I knew he was really hungry too so I quickly gave in.

“What do you want to eat Tae?”

“Anything, I’m just so hungry.” Well, that didn’t really help…

“Uh, okay how about there,” I said as I pointed to a nice restaurant nearby. He grinned.

"It looks good to me~,” he sang. I shook my head and led us inside.

It was a cute restaurant too. It had a very retro-beach theme and I really enjoyed it. I don’t think Tae really noticed or even truly cared about the decoration. He was just so serious about the food situation.

“What are these,” he asked pointing to the menu. I looked to see what he was pointing at and-

“Oh sliders?” He hummed. “They’re like tiny sandwiches.”

“Ohh~… Like baby burgers?” I laughed. He was such a kid.

“Yes Taeyeon, like baby burgers.”

“Can I get those and a whole burger too,” he asked like he had to have my permission or something. I laughed again.

“As long as you share them, I want to try one too.” His grin was wide.

“Deal! Let’s order!” I smiled at the overly excited Taeyeon across from me and then quickly looked for a waitress.

Omo…

That was when I noticed that more than one person was staring right at us right now.

Seriously, I asked myself. How?! All of these people couldn’t know who we were… Right?

“Taeyeon, those people are staring at us,” I said quietly. He laughed.

“No duh, Fany-ah. People stare at you wherever we go.” Oh my god.

“That’s not what I mean… I think they know who we ar-“

“Hello, can I take your order today?”

“Oh-er, yeah,” I quickly replied to the waitress who was one of the many that were totally staring at us a minute ago. “What did you want again Tae?” He told me his order so I quickly relayed it to the waitress in English along with mine.

“What would you like to drink with those,” the lady asked next. I watched Taeyeon scan the menu.

“Ooh, a strawberry daiquiri,” he replied. I sighed.

“You’re not drinking. We’ll have two waters.” Taeyeon whined and the woman laughed.

“I’m sorry, but it is just so interesting to see you two go back and forth in different languages like that,” the woman explained herself.

Omo. Wait a minute…

Is that why people kept staring?

Oh my god, it had to be… None of these people in here would have ever heard of us.

Wow~ good one Tiff. Way to be so paranoid…

I guess it would be pretty stare worthy to watch two people speak in two different languages yet completely understand each other… Obviously it was easier for both of us to speak in our native languages, but we both knew the other so it worked out perfectly.

I laughed.

The woman finished taking our orders and I decided to switch back to Korean. Maybe then the stares would end.

“Did I tell you Kristine is picking us up tomorrow,” I asked as the thought of my family flooded my brain.

“Jinjja?” I hummed. “I thought it was your sister?”

“Ani, she was supposed to, but she had to do something for work since she’s taking like three weeks off here soon to come help us.” He nodded. “And my dad won’t be back in California for another two or three days. He’s on some emergency business trip.”

“Ahh, that’s no fun. We’ll be home alone… Wait, I guess that is pretty fun then huh,” he said suggestively. I just shook my head. He was killing me.

“We’ll probably hang out with Kristine or Michelle, or my other cousin until appa gets back though, is that okay with you?” He hummed.

“Yeah, it was fun meeting your family last time babe. Omo!” His eyes almost popped out of his head. “Can we go to another fair?” I grinned. I actually didn’t think he liked it that much last year.

“Do you really want to?” He nodded excitedly. “I can ask her to find one for us to go to I guess.”

“Jinjja?!” I nodded. “Please do… It was so fun Fany-ah… except for that stupid guy hitting on you.” I laughed. I didn’t even remember that until now.

“And you getting separated from me,” I quickly added. “I thought I was gonna die.” He grinned.

“Aye~ don’t say that. I would have found you eventually babe.” I smiled.

“Yeah but it was scary… If we go anywhere you have to promise to hold my hand at all times.” He laughed.

“Why don’t you just keep me on a leash,” he asked sarcastically. I smirked.

“Don’t tempt me.”

____________________________________________________

I looked at Taeyeon who was now walking toward me with a light gray cardigan on.

“You look handsome.” He grinned.

“Well you look pretty good yourself Miyoung-ah.” I frowned at the use of my Korean name. “Don’t be sad baby. We’re almost done.”

“With the outside scenes,” I corrected. “We haven’t even started the inside ones yet.”

“Yeah, the inside ones will be easy though! We’re almost there Fany-ah,” he said cheerfully. He brushed a piece of hair behind my ear and smiled even bigger than he already was. “You’re so pretty.” It looked like he was going to say something else, but the stupid PD spoke up instead.

He told us to move quickly into position before the sun went down. That was the main point of this scene after all.

Maybe it was the pose he had us in at the moment or maybe it was just the sole fact that we were taking pictures for our wedding, the most important day of our lives together here right now, but so many emotions just started to hit me all at once.

Taeyeon had an arm wrapped around me and a hand holding my face while I just stared straight at him.

The love that I had for Taeyeon was indescribable. I know it sounds super cliché, but I really don’t know what I would do without him. He had worked his dorky self so deep into my brain and my heart that I really don’t think I could ever stop loving him. He had been there for me more than anyone has these past two years. Making sure I was healthy and happy and always making sure I felt loved, even when we couldn’t properly show it.

I was a strong girl, no doubt, but there was just something about having someone there for me no matter what I did that gave me this extra boost of confidence.

Just next month I would be promising myself to this man who had been my source of happiness, my source of pride, my source of love for the past two years of my life and I couldn’t believe it.

We were starting our lives together as our own family… Our own little family with just Taeyeon and I…

My breathing started to pick up and Taeyeon being Taeyeon noticed immediately.

“What’s wrong Fany?” I smiled.

“Nothing…”

“Aye, I can hear the lie in that,” he teased as his thumb caressed my cheek. “Tell me.” Taeyeon kissed my forehead and I heard the camera click multiple times.

“I-I… I just love you so much Taeyeon.” I felt tears well up in my eyes and I had no idea why… or what to do. I didn’t have to know though for my knight in shining armor claimed my lips in an instant, distracting me from any thoughts that were filling my mind.

“Ooh good,” the PD called out. “Taeyeon move your hand down so we can see Tiffany too,” he directed. With a quick swipe of his thumb, I could feel the tear that had started to run down my cheek disappear before his hand fell to my body, pulling me in closer. “That’s good! Great!  Keep going… and~ we got it! Let’s move to the next scene quickly before the sun sets,” I heard him call once more.

Taeyeon pulled away briefly before pecking my lips once more.

“I love you too Tiffany. More than you will ever know,” he said softly. I felt a bubbly feeling inside. How could his words melt me so easily? “Now don’t get all sad on me babe we have a zillion more pictures to take and all of them require your beautiful smile.” I grinned at his quick change in tone. “Ahh that’s what I like to see,” he said cheerfully. “Now hop on.” He turned around and bent down a little.

“Tae~.”

“Just do it Fany-ah. I bet it’ll be a cute picture~.”

“Ugh… Fine,” I said before getting on his back. He repositioned me and then wrapped his arms around my knees before taking off in a full sprint. I held on to him so tight that my grip became an actual chokehold. He quickly passed the photographer and I could hear the camera clicking behind me.

I could also hear Taeyeon making a very odd laughing noise.

Gah, this is what I mean… How could he go from being y and reassuring to this weird dork in not even thirty seconds?

Ugh…. I just didn’t understand.

I don’t think I ever would.

_____________________________________________________

 

I blinked a few times as I felt a hand rubbing up and down my back.

That was when I realized I must have fallen asleep.

It was probably about one or two in the morning maybe even later… and that was what… four or something in the afternoon in Korea? And we left this morning? No… yesterday morning?

Ugh! I don’t know. Time zones were the worst.

I don’t know if it was jet lag or just the fact that I was super tired from running around taking pictures all day, but Tiffany made for one hell of a pillow in the back of this taxi. I was turned weirdly sideways in the seat so that my head rested in the crook of her neck while my arms were wrapped snugly around her and I could not complain at all. This was a perfect position. I breathed in.

Ah~, she smelt so good too. I felt a wave of happiness come over me so I quickly kissed her neck.

“Wah~,” she practically shouted. “Omo, Tae you scared me.” I laughed and kissed her neck one more time before sitting all the way up. “Perfect timing too babe. We’re here.”

I looked out the window and sure enough we were pulling to the front of a hotel.

I got out of the taxi quickly and helped hyung get our bags out of the back. I somehow had all the energy in the world right now. I figure it was because I was just so excited to get to our room so I could cuddle with Tiffany all night.

Ugh, I missed her so much.

We walked inside hand in hand after Tiffany insisted on pulling her own bag along. I wasn’t going to let her at first, but I think the need to be close to her took my body over in the end because I let her.

Hyung quickly checked us in and received the two room keys and then led us to the elevator. Tiffany laid her pretty little head against my shoulder and-

Wait a minute…

“Why’d they only give you two keys? There should be three, right?”

I figured there would be one for our managers, one for our stylists, and then one for us. Unless…

“Guys in one room and ladies in the other.” I knew it. Ugh… That woke Tiffany right up too though.

“WHAT?”

“You heard him Tiffany,” her manager said back tiredly.

“You mean Taeyeon and I don’t get a room?” He nodded. “What the hell! Why not?”

“Tiffany, the magazine is paying for this. We couldn’t ask them for three and then they figure out that you two are already… you know… You aren’t married yet. It would look bad.” That was true… and most of the circulating pregnancy rumors between us had pretty much died down again.

If anyone were to find out about this now I’m sure they would pop back up everywhere.

“We’re staying together tomorrow and the next night though,” she said defensively.

“But that isn’t on the magazines watch nor dime. Tiffany, just bear with it for one more night.”

“But-“

“Fany-ah,” I interrupted. “It’s fine. Just one more night.” She groaned.

“You’re okay with this?”

Oh my goodness.

“Of course I’m not okay with this. You know I want the same thing as you,” I defended. “But it’s just one more night… not even since it’s so late.” She sighed. “We have to wake up for the free breakfast anyway, right?”

I watched the corners of turn upward briefly and knew I had won.

“This hotel has that though, right hyung?”

“Yes Taeyeon,” he said flatly.

“Good. Then you will be getting a personal wakeup call in…” I checked my phone. It read 2:56am so that gives me… “About four hours.” Her eyes bulged.

“Four?!” I nodded.

“You said your cousin is picking us up at nine so that gives us two hours to eat and get dressed… Why is that not enough time?”

“Ani, it’s enough time I guess. I’m just gonna be tired.”

Aigo~! Maybe we should have stopped shooting earlier… Ehh, if we wouldn’t have kept going though, we’d have to start back again in the morning…

Right, it was definitely better this way. Now our managers and stylists could go home tomorrow, while we stayed here in California and played!

Ugh.. I will be pretty tired though. All we did was run around today. From location to location, outfit to outfit…

I really don’t know if I could have done this again tomorrow. Gah, it was a good thing I didn’t have to.

 “Don’t worry, I will be too,” I laughed. “We’ll have to tell your cousin we need a nap before we can do anything fun.” She hit me lightly in the stomach just as the elevator opened.

“This is our floor. You guys have room seven and we have fifteen.”

We got out of the elevator and Tiffany still had a little adorably sad put on her face. Aigo…

“Hey,” I said getting her attention. She looked at me. “I promise I’ll make it up tomorrow.” I brought my lips to hers. “Okay?” She nodded. “Okay. Goodnight Fany-ah.”

“Goodnight Taetae,” she said cutely. I ran my hands from the top of her head to where they stopped on both sides of her cheeks, pulling her in for one more goodnight kiss.

“I love you.” Her smile couldn’t be hidden anymore as she turned and walked away from me, quickly catching up to her unnies.

Ugh…Tomorrow was going to be amazing!

____________________________________________

 

Sorry for taking so long to update! OTL
I've been super busy and a little bit under the weather.
I really do wish I could update daily, but for one I don't think I can type that fast...
I'll try harder to make a quicker update next chapter I promise<3
 

Also thank you to everyone who continues to read and comment and everything else to this story, even though it's lacking the drama aspect.^^

I did like a few of your suggestions though, so hopefully I can work a few of them in! If not in this story, for sure in the sequel. I already have a few things planned in my head for it.

OH. I am also about 98% sure I'm going to make a separate sequel instead of continuing the story on this one. I hope that works for everyone.

I know the pictures aren't the best, but they were fun to attempt.

 

P.S Can we talk about 'Holler'?
The girls' vocals were giving me so much life I couldn't even handle it.