Immortal

Into the New World

 

 

 

 

“Oppa~,” I called out immediately after reaching our hotel room.

“Calm down Tiffany, I have it right here. Jeesh,” he sounded while shaking his head. I guess I was a little over excited, but I totally had a right to be. It was the first episode of Taeyeon’s show!

Well it wasn’t technically the first episode… or Taeyeon’s show, but this was the first of many he was going to be on!

I wanted to watch it earlier, but we were all at the MTV Video Music Aid Japan Awards. The night wasn’t a total loss though. We won Best Group Video and Best Karaoke Song. We also performed a few times and got to watch Lady Gaga! Wah~! It was so fun! It almost made me even forget he was on the show tonight.

Almost.

Oppa set up his laptop for me and then told me after this I had to go right to bed because of our early schedule tomorrow. Blah, blah…

“Yes sir,” I said with a salute. He shook his head at me again while on his way out.

Whatever, he’s no fun anyway.

I hit play and let out an accidental squeal. Oh gosh this was going to be great.

“What are you doing,” Sunny asked as she finally came out of our bathroom.

“Shhhhh! I can’t miss this!”

“What is it,” she asked as she walked closer to my bed.

“Taeyeon’s new show now be quiet!”

It flashed to a few of the other members before it finally reached Taeyeon. His cute little face was so expressive as he read the mission card.

“Oh gosh, I’m in big trouble. What do I do,” he asked on screen. I grinned.

Maybe it was from the lack of seeing him for the past almost ten days, but I was excited to watch him on this.

“Oh my god. Hold on… Taeyeon’s on ‘Immortal Song 2’?” I hummed as it flashed back to Hyorin receiving the mission for this week.

“Yeah, he’s one of the new members along with Junsu oppa and Honggi-ssi from FT Island. See,” I said happily as I pointed to the screen. It was showing little clips of everyone from their respective groups.

Wah~!  I couldn’t wait for my Taetae to sing his heart out and tear up the stage.

Sunny busted out in laughter.

“He’s so dead.”

Oh no.

She did not just say that.

“He is not,” I fired back instantly. “My Taeyeon can sing just as well as any of them,” I defended. “Probably even better.”

“Really Tiffany,” Sunny said sarcastically. “I know he’s good, probably even the best in SM actually… but Hyorin? Changmin oppa? Even Junsu oppa is pretty good Tiff.”

Okay, so he did have some pretty tough competition... I still had faith in him though.

The other singers might have great voices and ranges too, but Taeyeon had more of something than anyone else on that show; control.

That boy can control his voice like I’ve never heard before. I seriously don’t think I’ve ever even seen Taeyeon obviously falter or strain to hit any notes.

Ever.

Even when we’re playing around and singing he sounded perfectly bad… if that made sense.

“I think he’ll win!”

“Whatever you say Tiff.”

It was only a couple of minutes later before Sunny was on the bed right beside me watching the show just as intensively as I was. I laughed to myself, but quickly stopped when it was Taeyeon’s turn to be shown on screen.

He was practicing in his dorm and he looked so cute.

“Wah~! Sunny see, he’s the best,” I nudged as he did a little vocal run. She rolled her eyes.

“Who do you worry about the most,” someone asked Taeyeon on screen. It looked like a mini interview kind of thing.

“Uh, nobody?”

Omo. When did he get that confident?

“Nobody?” The person asking the questions seemed shocked by his answer.

“Yeah,” he laughed. “I’m too busy worrying about myself.” The guys behind the camera started laughing just as Sunny and I both did. Oh goodness. “There isn’t any time to waste worrying about the others right now.” His grin was wide and I couldn’t miss him more than I did right now.

Ugh. Two more weeks Tiffany, you can do this.

Watching him on shows like this would make it a little better. I mean, we already text as frequent as possible and send each other pictures, so seeing him on TV would just add to it.

The show then flashed to the next day when they would actually be performing. Hyorin, Junsu, and Changmin got finished rehearsing and then it cut to Taeyeon walking to the stage. I made yet another inhuman sound.

“Ah~ everyone is so good,” he commented funnily. “I’m in trouble.” Sunny and I both laughed again.

Aigo~ and he says he’s not good on variety shows like this…

The show progressed quickly by showing all six of the members performing their songs. Taeyeon did have tough competition, but I really think he did a little better than everyone there.

“It’s time to decide our winner,” the MC commented. “The winner here will get to decide when he or she will sing at the main competition next time.”

“Wait this wasn’t even the main competition?!”

“Ani,” Sunny stated. “There are two competitions for one episode. They’re just split on to two different nights.”

“Ahh, so he won’t have the main win here?”

“No, if he wins he just gets to pick which position he is in for the bigger competition.”

“Ahh,” I voiced. “Still, when he wins that means he beat the other five.”

“Yeah, IF,” she laughed.

“Shut up, he’ll totally win.”

They had a few unnecessarily long pauses followed by a zillion screen cuts and…

He won!

Wah~! I was right!

He beat out all five of the other singers.

Okay, I will admit that I think Hyorin had a bit of an off day, but still! He won!

Sunny didn’t believe it either.                                                                  

We didn’t get to watch the episode next week at a normal time either due to our concert being on the same day. We came straight back to our rooms and slept. The next morning when we all gathered for breakfast we a laptop and watched it.

Unfortunately he didn’t win this time. Hyorin took over. Gah. Her title of ‘Korea’s Beyoncé’ was no joke. Hell, she’s probably even better than the actual Beyoncé…

Taeyeon did beat almost everyone else though. They were doing a verses kind of competition though so once the first two singers finished they put them against each other and let the audience members vote. He was number three so he competed and won against three singers only to get destroyed by Hyorin’s performance.

Seriously, I probably would have even voted for her.

I pulled my phone out and hit speed dial number 1.

“Yah, put it on speaker.”

“Arasso~.” Surprisingly he picked it up on the first ring… I think? “Yeboseyo?”

“Annyeong~!”

“We just finished watching you on Immortal Song,” I stated.

“Ah yeah? Hyorin is too good babe. She wiped the floor with me.” I shook my head.

“Yeah she did.”

“Yah,” I yelled at Sunny. “Sunkyu-yah!”

“No~ she’s right,” Taeyeon laughed from the phone. “She kicked my .”

“What’s the next episode going to be,” Seohyun asked.

“Uhm, duets.”

“Jinjja,” I asked. Why didn’t he tell me that?

“Mmhm, I’m actually going to practice with her right now.”

Her? Right now?

I looked at my watch. 9 AM.

Wasn’t it a bit early to go practice for a duet??

The real question is why wasn’t he performing it with me?!

“Who are you singing with,” I asked.

“Yah~ don’t get angry with me Fany-ah. I called your manager right after I heard about this. He said you were too busy to come here.” Ugh, stupid tour… “So~ I had to go to my number 2 on the duet game,” he laughed.

”Which is?”

“Jieun-ah… duh.”

Right! I totally forgot about IU. Their voices did go well together too, I mean every song they sang together instantly became a hit and topped the charts.

Whew, I’m just glad it was someone I could trust with my Taetae.

“Who is everyone else bringing?” That was a good question.

“I’m not sure. I heard Heechul was going to be there with Honggi though.”

“Well you have them beat at least,” Jessica laughed.

“That’s what I’m hoping,” he laughed back. “Yah! When are you coming back though? It’s been three weeks,” Taeyeon whined.

Alrighty, that was enough with the speaker phone. They didn’t need to hear his adorable whining. I picked it up and walked back to my bed.

“I told you we’d be back on the 8th.”  I heard him groan.

“That’s five days away!”

“I know! At least it’s better than 25 days like it was when I left.” He sighed.

“I guess you’re right... Do you still only get the one evening off,” he asked sadly.

Omo.

“Tae! I forgot to tell you last night! Oh my god, I just got so busy and tired and-“

“Yah! What is it,” he asked cutting me off.

“Right. I’m going to be there for like four days!”

“Jinjja?!” I hummed. “Do you have any free days?”

Ehh.

“No…” I heard him groan again. “But I will have two half days free.”

“Which two? I’m telling hyung to clear my schedules those days. Omo,” he paused. “Maybe we can go look at it then…”

Uhm?

“Look at what?”

“Hyung! Come here!”

“Taeyeon what are you talking about?” No response. “Tae?” Nothing. “Kim Taeyeon!”

“Whaaat~,” he whined again. Ugh he really was a child.

“What are you talking about? What can we go look at?”

“Oh! Hyung found a few apartments that fit everything on our list of wants that were for sale and I told him that we wouldn’t be able to look at them because you were in Japan. I was going to go by myself one day, but now you can come with me and we can-“

“Apartments?” He hummed.

“It’ll be our newlywed house baby,” he said cutely.

Omo.

I knew we had talked about it, but now that it was all actually happening it was something else.

I felt all bubbly and nervous and-

“You-you still want to right?”

Oh goodness.

“Of course Taetae. It would be weird if we were married and not living together wouldn’t it be?”

“Oh… uh yeah I guess so.” I grinned.

“And of course I just want to be with my wittle Taeyeon all the time,” I said in a baby voice. I knew he was getting pouty on me. His laugh was like music to my ears.

“Good. I want to wive wiff my wittle Tippany too,” he cooed back. I couldn’t help but giggle. He was just so cute. “Oh, I’ve gotta go. Dobin hyung keeps nudging me.”

“Okay,” I sighed. “Practice well okay?” He hummed. “And no kissing during the performance.”

“Aww we had so many planned too,” he teased.

“You better not,” I joked back.

“We don’t~. I was kidding. I need IU to be alive if I want to win.” I laughed even harder. “Oh! If we don’t get to talk again before tonight, good luck at your concert Fany-ah! Break a leg!”

“Thank you Taetae. I love you~!”

“I love you too!”

____________________________________________________________

Everyone took their seats in the semi-circle shape set out in front of the cameras. I was seated next to two empty chairs, but I knew they would soon be filled.

Today was the duet competition on ‘Immortal Songs 2’. I was very, very excited for this. Not only did we get to pick our partner for the duet, we also got to sing whatever song we wanted, that obviously fit the criteria of the ‘Immortal Song’ title.

I do wish that it could have been Fany that was here with me, but she didn’t get back to Korea for another three days. IU was a great back up though. I was just lucky she had free time to do this. After her, all my options were gone.

Ooh, maybe I could’ve gone with Luna, or Krystal! They probably would have said y-

“The theme of today’s competition is a duet,” Kim Gura, the MC announced.

Crap! I didn’t even think we started yet.

“Ah, yes. We have some amazing guests here today too,” Shin Dongyup, the other MC stated. “I saw a few of them backstage warming up.”

“That’s right, should we introduce the guests now? None of you know who’s coming do you?”

“Aniyo, we have no idea,” Changmin announced. He was right too. I only knew about Heechul, well and IU obviously.

“Well then let’s go around and introduce them! Let’s start here with Honggi-ssi. Who did you bring?”

He then went on to announce that Heechul was here. Heechul being the comedian he is then made a few jokes before they moved on to 4minute’s Jiyoon. She was here today instead of Song Jieun of Secret. I think she was overseas or something I’m not sure.

Whatever. From what I’ve heard of her though, she is just as good as Jieun, probably even better. Aish, more competition.

She and Changmin introduced their guests and it only made me more worried. Both of the guys that came with them were very, very good.

Did we have a chance?

“Taeyeon-ssi who did you bring?”

“Let me guess, Tiffany,” Heechul stated loudly. Some of the people laughed, but then some were actually looking around for her. I think I even heard someone say ‘SNSD?’ I just laughed.

“Aniyo, she is unfortunately still in Japan, but don’t worry. I brought in the big guns today.”

“Ah, trying to get your revenge on Hyorin?” Oh goodness.

“Aniyo! I’m not,” I laughed. “I just got someone that matches well with me.”

“Oooh~, who did you bring Taeyeon-ssi?”

“I brought in my duet specialist… IU!”

“Yah~! That isn’t fair! She was already a contestant on this show,” Changmin complained almost immediately. I just grinned. Maybe we could win this

The other two introduced their guests and my confidence level dropped back down to normal.

Everyone here was seriously so good. Oh god, this was totally going to be tough.

________________________________________________________

IU and I ended up doing pretty well in the end, just not well enough.

We did beat Hyorin though, which I was pretty pleased, and surprised, about.

I will admit our song wasn’t as loud or as powerful as some of the others, but ours was softer and sweeter than the rest. The way our voices came together surprised even me when I looked back at the recording hyung made of us.

I was seriously pleased with our performance.

I guess most of the audience was too. With our great harmony on top of the soft guitar music put all together with the cute lyrics and interactions in general, we were chosen to be good enough for second place!

Honggi and Heechul were just a little bit better I guess.

Okay. I honestly don’t think they were vocally better, but they performed it so well. I really thought I was a musical for a second. The audience got so in to it too. Aish, their stage presence was no joke.

Mental note; connect with audience better.

Then I might be able to win next time!

“What are you doing,” Hanyoung asked me as he looked into the backseat.

“Huh?”

“You were making weird faces,” he laughed.

“Oh sorry, I was just thinking.”

“Don’t wear yourself out kid.” I almost yelled at him for calling me a kid, but then I saw the huge black van that belonged to SNSD roll in to the garage.

We had been waiting at their dorm, er well kind of at their dorm, for the past twenty minutes.

SNSD got back last night and they were busy straight through the evening and this morning, until now that is.

I hopped out of our van and ran to where they had just parked.

Oh god I was so excited to see Tiffany. It’s been almost a month since I’ve seen her. I patiently waited for them to get out. Because the tint of their windows was so dark I couldn’t see who, but I definitely could tell someone was getting out.

“Omo, omo, omo-oh. It’s just you,” I said teasingly when I saw that it was Sunny who got out first. She laughed and then pulled me into a quick hug.

“It’s nice to see you too jerk. Is Youngie here?”

“Nope, he’s at the dorm I’m pretty sure.”

“He’s rehearsing at SM,” my manager said from behind me.

“Just kidding he’s at SM,” I laughed. She rolled her eyes as I saw Seohyun was the next out. Ugh. “Hey Seohyun!”

“Hi oppa, how have you been,” she asked as she stepped out.

I didn’t even have time to answer before a pink blob literately jumped on me. I was just thankful I was able to catch her without falling!

Her legs wrapping around my waist might’ve helped with the balance issue a bit too.

I tightened my hold under her bottom and took a deep breath of her intoxicating scent as the pink blanket had dropped from her back.

Just like that, everything was right in the world once again. The fog cleared from my head and I couldn’t have been happier.

This.

This is what I had been missing. This was why I had been feeling off these past weeks.

It was all because of this beautiful angel in my arms. A month is way too long to go without her. I can never let that happen again.

I had so many things I wanted to say, so many thing that I needed to say, but I couldn’t speak. All of my words were getting caught in my throat.

I felt her legs unwrapping from my waist, so I loosened up my grip just enough so she could slide down my body.

Oh god did I miss that.

As soon as her feet hit the ground she quickly pulled me into a kiss and held me tight. Our tongues meshed together and I knew that we should probably take it down a few notches, but I couldn’t. This kiss was way longer and especially deeper than I would usually allow in front of our members and specifically our managers, but I really couldn’t stop.

I hungered for this moment for so long.

“Fany-ah, I’ve missed you so much,” I was finally able to say once she pulled away. I stared absorbedly into her eyes to attempt to convey even more of my inexpressible feelings. I watched her soft smile grow into her mind blowing eye smile and just had to give her another quick peck. She slid her hands over top of mine that were still cupping her cheeks.

“I missed you too baby,” she said softly before taking my hand and kissing it too. “I’ve missed you so much.”

Oh god. We really won’t be able to do this whole ‘being apart for a month’ thing ever again.

“Alright, alright, enough of that,” Jiho hyung commented. “We’ve got places to go right Hanyoung-ah?”

“That’s right. We only have fifteen minutes before we have to meet the lady,” my manager added.

“Jinjja? That soon?” He hummed. “Then let’s go~!” Tiffany giggled as her hand instantly found mine.

This was perfect.

We got in the car and just like magnets, Tiffany was against my side in no time.

On the not even ten minute long car ride, I guess the apartment was also in the Gangnam area, we talked about tons of little things. How her activities in Japan were going and how the tickets to our first two tour stops sold out in less than an hour.

I was surprised too, I mean the venue that we’d be performing in both days held like fifty thousand people, maybe more. That’s over one hundred thousand people…

Wah~ it felt so good to hear that though. I was ecstatic.

Tiffany was pretty happy too.

Actually what really excited her was the big news that dropped yesterday here in Seoul.

Goo Hara of KARA and Yong Junhyung of BEAST were the next idol couple confirmed.

I was pretty excited too for multiple reasons actually. First of all Tiffany could finally drop the ‘Hara likes you’ bit. I don’t know why, but she brings it up from time to time, more than likely just to annoy me. I don’t know…

It worked.

The second reason is that I hope it would take a bit of the heat off of Yuri and Jessica. They’ve been through enough.

Thankfully Yuri and Jessica both were never ones to worry about what people thought of them. I mean Yuri has ruined his own image a million times already and Jessica has been an ‘ice princess’ since before we even met her.

It was good to know all the bad things being said about them didn’t seem to stick for they were texting and calling each other the whole time SNSD was in Japan. I think they were even supposed meet at SM today since the girls had the evening off.

TYS was supposed to be practicing for our tour coming up, but hyung and I both deemed house hunting as something I could skip practice for. The other two…

“We’re here,” Hanyoung stated loudly. I began looking out the window at the large buildings across the street.

“That’s it?”

“Yes Tiffany, why?”

“It just looks kind of lame.” My manager laughed as did I.

I guess it wasn’t anything too special and it was kinda plainly colored, but I really wasn’t sure what she expected.

“Wait until you see the inside.”

She looked at me and I just shrugged. I had no idea what to expect either. I didn’t look at any of the pictures like hyung did, for I wanted to experience it all with Fany first hand.

My manager however sort of pre-screened them to see if they would even be a good fit for us. That’s why we only had two apartments to look at today.

I’m sure we’d have ten times as many if our list of wants wasn’t so long…

Once we made it through the security check point and found a parking spot, the four of us walked toward the front of one of the buildings. Before we even got to the door, a lady stepped out.

 “Ah annyeonghaseyo,” she greeted. We bowed and returned the greetings. “Wow, it’s nice to meet you all. My name is Pyo Chaewon and I’ll be showing you a few apartments, or as I like to call them, villas today.” I nodded. “It’s you two that are looking correct?”

“Uh yes ma’am.” She grinned and started to talk again, but Tiffany’s manager cut in.

“This will be kept on the down low, right? We don’t need their fans to know where they potentially might live.”

“Oh course…”

“Jiho, I am Tiffany’s manager.”

“Of course Jiho-ssi. We always provide as much security as we can with our big clients, just as everyone else that lives in these buildings. Actually in this complex alone there are quite a few celebrities. Seo Jiyoung, Lee Hyeyoung, and Jang Geunsuk just to name a few.”

“Oh wow, really,” Tiffany asked.

“Yes Tiffany-ssi, now should we go ahead to the first of the villas?”

________________________________________________

“This complex was actually fully renovated last year,” The lady started as we walked inside of the building that the apartment was in. We went through another security check and she began again. “As you can see the high light of this complex is the security. You have to get through three checkpoints before even being able to get up the elevator or stairs. One in the parking lot, one at each building’s entrance and then one in the elevator,” she added as we stepped inside.

That was one of the big things we were looking for. We in no way wanted fans or paparazzi to be able to get close without our authority.

“This complex also houses a theater, coffee shop, and a screen golf course that is exclusively used by the tenants.”

“Really,” I asked. Chaewon-ssi nodded. “Wah~ Tae! We could get coffee all the time.” He laughed, but I was serious.

That was awesome.

We finally made it to the villa that we were looking at and I was so excited. The nervousness had completely vanished. I was looking at houses with my fiancé! What could get better than this?

She entered a code on the keypad before I heard the door unlock.

“This is an override code, but you would obviously be able to change it if you were to purchase this home.” I nodded. Yeah, yeah! Just let me in!

Thankfully within the next few minutes we were standing inside what was supposed to be the living room. I wanted to go explore, but Taeyeon wouldn’t let me yet. Ugh, I guess the lady was still talking.

“Alright, let me tell you a few details before we take a tour, okay?” I heard Taeyeon and our managers all hum.

Ugh.

“Very good. This apartment is around 2,200 square feet. It has three bedrooms that each connect to one of the three bathrooms also inside.”

She said a few other things, but I wasn’t paying attention. I was trying to look around the best that I could.

All the walls were white, but I’m sure we could change that. The living room also connected to the dining and kitchen area it seemed. The kitchen was around the corner so I couldn’t really tell what it was like.

“And what was the price on this one,” my manager asked.

Oh, that was a good question. My focus turned to Chaewon-ssi.

“This one is just under 2.1 million.”

Oh wow… I knew we could afford that, I mean I could have bought it on my own if I wanted, but it still sounded like a lot.

This place better be great.

I then looked at Taeyeon and he looked like he had just seen a ghost.

Aigo~ and this was the guy who didn’t even think twice about spending fifty thousand dollars on a car…

“Would you like to look around?” Omo.

“Yes! We’d love to!” She smiled.

“Over here are the main facilities and down the hall there are the three bedrooms. I’ll let you look on your own. I’m sure you want to talk amongst yourselves.” I thanked her again before pulling Taeyeon along the way with me.

“Which one do you think is the master bedroom?” Taeyeon halted in the middle of the hall.

“Fany this place is super expensive.” I grinned.

“What did you expect Taeyeon? We’re in Gangnam and the place is big. Look at it.”

“I know but-“

“This is the level of security we need too. We can’t just go to any old complex Taetae.”

“I know that Fany-ah, but can we afford to spend that kind of money on this?” I moved my hand to his cheek.

Aigo~ he looked so worried.

“Taeyeon, it’s going to be our home. I’d spend twice that if I wanted to. Our house has to be perfect.” He smiled.

“You’re right.”

“Of course I am. Don’t think about the cost anymore, just see if you like the place, okay?” He hummed.

“Okay. I promise!”

_________________________________________________________

That’s just what I did too.

The first one we looked at was great. All the rooms looked big and the master bath even looked like it had enough room to play in.

We really liked it, but we obviously wanted to look around more. I mean we still had three and a half months before our wedding. Hyung said all the paper work and everything usually only took about a month too, so we had plenty of time.

“So, what is our limit,” Tiffany asked from beside me. We were on our way to the second place we were looking at today.

“What do you mean?” I was confused too.

“What is the most expensive the apartment can be,” Tiffany asked, clarifying her question.

“Oh I don’t know Tiffany,” her manager replied exhaustedly. “Let’s just say you guys have a pretty big cushion, okay?” I grinned. That sure did feel good to hear.

“Actually that reminds me. Which one of you is going to actually pay for it and have it under their name?”

“It’d have to be Taeyeon. With Tiffany it’d be too complicated because she’s a foreigner, wouldn’t it?”

“Ahh, I think you’re right,” my manager commented. “I didn’t even think about that.”

“We’re both going to buy it,” Tiffany defended.

“What, like split it 50/50?”

“No,” Tiffany responded.

Wait…no?

“Why do we have to split it? Since we’re getting married shouldn’t it all just be from both of us?”

“Ahh! Right, I get what you’re saying,” my manager replied. “But it doesn’t work that way Tiffany. Since you two have separate bank accounts you’re going to have to decide which one to use for the purchase.”

Oh, that actually made complete sense. I guess it’d have to be in my name and account then since I was an actual citizen of South Korea.

“Why don’t we just create a joint bank account?”

Omo, that was a great idea. Then we could both pay for it way easier. Omo! I wouldn’t ever have to worry about Tiffany spending too much on me either! If it came from the same account I’d technically be paying for it too!

But wait…

“Would you really wanna do that?” She looked taken back.

“You don’t want to? Do you want to keep money from me or something?!”

Oh good gracious.

“Of course not Fany-ah, what’s mine is yours, but I’m sure you have so much more money than I do… Do you really want to merge them?” She grinned and put her hand on my thigh.

“Kim Taeyeon, you just said it.” I tilted my head in confusion. “What’s mine is yours and what’s yours is mine pabo. I don’t care if you have five dollars or five zillion dollars; I want us to share everything.” I couldn’t stop grinning now.

“Aye~ and you say I’m the cheesy one.”

“Shut up,” she whined. “I’m serious. If we weren’t idols and were still getting married it’d be a no brainer, right?”

She had a point.

“Let’s do it. Hyung can you do that for us?”

He looked a little uneasy now in the front seat. I looked at Tiffany’s manager and he did too…

What was wrong?

“Can we not do that since Fany-ah is a lame foreigner,” I laughed. She nudged me in the side and I just laughed harder.

“Aniyo. You can… It’s just… You tell them.” Tiffany’s manager sighed.

“Fine. We’re just worried.” Uhm?

“Why?”

“You’re both still so young and like you said, if anything ever happened…”

Oh god, I knew where this was heading.

“We’re not going to break up,” I said firmly. “Ever.” I heard Tiffany take in a quick breath of air.

“Oppa! You think we’re going to break up?”

“Ani! Aniyo, we’re not saying that,” my manager spoke up. “We don’t think that nor do we hope for that in any way for you two, as your managers we just  have to be aware of every situation.” I heard her exhale deeply.

What they were saying did make sense. If we ever were to break up and our account was merged, it would probably a messy situation to fix.

I knew that wouldn’t happen though.

Even if Tiffany wanted away from me I’d never let her escape. Like I’ve said a billion times before; she was stuck with me for life.

“I still want to do it.”

“Me too,” Tiffany agreed.

“Arasso, we’ll talk about that later. We’re here.”

___________________________________________________

“This complex is very secure as well,” Chaewon-ssi started again as we entered the elevator. “Lee Hyori, Kim Jaejoong, and Lee Seunggi are some of the other residents here.”

Holy crap, that’s quite a roster of potential neighbors.

“This complex also includes full and exclusive use of the fitness center, golf screen range, and an event hall, all located on site of course.”

“Aw, no coffee shops,” Tiffany pouted cutely.

“Don’t worry Tiffany-ssi, there is a Starbucks within a block.” I laughed at her now cheerful smile. She was such an addict.

We soon stopped and got out at the floor we needed to. I noticed that there were only two doors on this floor, besides the ones leading to the stair case obviously.

“So there are only two apartments per floor?”

“That’s right,” Chaewon confirmed.

“Wow, that must mean this place is pretty big,” I marveled. From the outside it looked to be a pretty good size building.

“Yes it is. Actually the one I’m showing you is the smaller of the two on the floor, but it is still quite a bit bigger than the previous apartment.”

Jeesh, and I thought the last one was huge…

She opened the door and-

RING~

Everyone began checking their pockets, including myself.

It wasn’t me.

“Oh I’m so sorry,” Chaewon apologized. “My husband is watching our son and I told him not to call unless there was an emergency… Do you mind if I take this?”

“Not at all,” I smiled.

I totally understood that. I feel like that’s going to be Tiffany and I in a few years, roles reversed obviously.

I also feel like she would be calling me every single minute…

“Thank you so much. Feel free to look around. I’ll be prepared to answer any questions when I get back. Thank you again!” She quickly pulled her phone to her ear. “Yeobo?! No! Do not-” The door closed between us and I laughed.

Yep. That was totally going to be us.

I felt a sudden tug on my hand.

“Which way first?” I looked at the wall in front of us that was part of the hall.

“Hmm. Right!”

“Right it is,” she said before pulling me along. “Wah~! Tae it’s marble flooring!” I looked down and… wow. It was.

There was a rug in the entry way that blocked my view at first, but now I could see it perfectly.

Perfect was just what it was too with the light beige and shades of tan, light brown, and white all mixed in...

Wah~! It looked so nice. I already liked this one better.

“Oooh! The first room is~,” Tiffany held out before opening the first door to the right.

“Bathroom,” I guessed.

“It’s a… Oh. No fun~. It’s a bathroom.” I laughed and took a better look at the bathroom itself. This bathroom only had a toilet and a sink inside it though, so I’m sure we’d find another one soon.

There ended up being another bathroom with a full tub right behind the first mini one. We also found two bedrooms and another room that was probably an office or something since it looked a bit smaller than the other two.

“What do you think so far,” I asked as we started toward the other side.

“It’s really nice Tae. Don’t you think?” I hummed.

I actually really liked it a lot. Something must have clicked when we first stepped inside. I didn’t know how to describe it, but it felt… right? It gave off this feel that I couldn’t describe, but I really enjoyed it. I could definitely see us living here.

I didn’t want to tell her just yet though. I wanted her to form an opinion on it herself first.

“It has plenty of room for our members to spend the night. Ooh! And our families!” I smirked.

“Or all of our BABIES,” I shouted as I came in for an attack.

My arms wrapped around her waist from behind and I pulled her in to me just before attacking her neck with kisses.

She tried to run away and shut me out with her head, but no one can survive an attack from Kim Taeyeon! I held on tight and let her pull me down the hall, past the entry way and another doorway and in to the-

“St-top~,” she whined again.

I immediately dropped my arms.

“Hmmph,” Tiffany sounded. “You’re so mean sometimes!” I hummed and walked straight past her, through the little hall I was now in.

I couldn’t see the rest of the place from where I was due to the walls, but I could see one thing.

The balcony.

I made a straight shot for it, totally ignoring the room that I just passed by.

My first thought was ‘holy crap, this is huge’ but, the second thought was one of awe. The view was amazing. I could see miles and miles of the Han River below and the city across from us.

Okay maybe it wasn’t miles and miles, but I could see for a good distance. Wah~! It was so pretty!

“How did I not notice this right away,” I asked myself aloud.

“Because you were being too much of a jerk.” I sighed.

That’s right. When I went to go look out the window of the office-like room I was halted mid step when Tiffany said that this room could be her new closet.

“Well you’re not making that your closet.”

“Why not? We don’t have any use for it!” She did have a point, but a whole room for clothes?

Not happening.

“Whatever, we can figure it out later. Just look at this view Fany-ah.” She hummed and I pulled her into a sort of back hug, letting our hands intertwine on the railing.

“I really like it Taetae.”

“Me too. I think I can see-“

“No~, I meant the villa Taeyeon,” she said as she turned to face me now. “I really like it.”

“We haven’t even looked at all of it yet,” I laughed.

“I don’t care. It feels really good.”

“Jinjja?” She hummed. “I think so too,” I grinned. “Just look how big this balcony is.”

If I had to guess, this balcony was probably almost as big as the two smaller bedrooms put together. It really was amazing.

“I know~! I love it.” I kissed her forehead. She was too cute when she was all excited like this.

“Let’s go look at the rest of it.” She hummed again with a perfect eye smile looking right back at me.

I took her hand in mine and turned around.

“Wah! Oh-oh, I’m sorry,” I bowed to the surprisingly sneaky realtor that I almost ran over.

“Oh no, it’s my fault,” she laughed. “Thank you for letting me take that call.”

“It’s no problem. Was everything okay?”

“Yes, everything was fine. My husband is a little over reacting sometimes.” I laughed. “So how are you liking, or not liking this place? Do you have any questions for me?” I looked at Fany who was shaking her head.

“Uh nope. Not yet anyway, but we really like it so far. We didn’t look at anything on this side of the house yet, I got distracted by the balcony.”

“Ahh that’s understandable, the villas in this complex have some of the nicest balconies in my opinion.” I nodded. “Shall we go in and look at this side then?”

“Yes ma’am,” I said excitedly.

She took us in and first showed us the dining area. The thing I like the most about it was that the floor here was now made of a dark wood. It was actually in the dining and living areas, but still.

I loved it.

We moved on to the kitchen where I still had nothing bad to say. The counters were a dark wood that almost matched the floor in the dining room area. It really made everything just flow together so nicely.

The living room was next. I think I could literately park my car in there it was so roomy.

All the furniture inside would obviously not be staying here, but it did help me see all the potential that the room held for our future.

I could definitely see Tiffany and I snuggling up to watch a movie in here.

I could also see a miniature Tiffany running around this open living room, getting into everything she set her mind to.

I let out a deep breath.

This was it.

I grabbed Tiffany’s hand as she tried to walk by me and pulled her to me. I gave her a lingering kiss on the side of her head and just smiled.

Everything felt so right.

We have to live here.

The master bedroom was next next.

It was pretty roomy as well, just like the rest of the place. There was a large flat screen television on the wall across from the bed and what seemed to be built in dressers with black marble tops. The floor was a light brown wood just as the other bedrooms/office was and the walls were green.

We’d obviously have to change that.

I wouldn’t let Fany-ah pick pink though. I think I’d be okay with literately any other color, well besides this ugly dark green of course.

This apartment had already won over my heart regardless. Now I’d have to just wait for Tiffany’s judgment.

My eyes followed her around the room.

She didn’t look like she loved or hated this room which was very concerning. I knew she said she liked the rest of the place, but if she didn’t like the bedroom where we would be sleeping in for the years to come it would be a pretty big deal breaker.

I watched her smirk. Hmm? I followed her eyes to see what got that kind of a reaction and it was… oh gosh.

It was the bed.

I tried my best to hide my laugh, but I couldn’t. She killed me. Seriously why isn’t her nickname ByunTiffany, it fit way~ better than ByunTaeyeon…

She didn’t notice my laughter though, for something else caught her eye.

I swear if this was an anime or a cartoon of any kind, her eyes would have been those huge pulsing pink hearts.

What brought on that expression, I asked myself as I swiftly went to her side. I looked to where her attention was and-

Aish… I should have known.

It was a huge walk in closet.

I really did mean huge too. It was probably at least eight feet long.

“Do you like it,” I asked as I wrapped an arm around her waist. She silently nodded about ten times. I caught her chin. “You only needed to nod once babe.” She giggled.

“I really love it Taetae.”

_________________________________________________________________

Taeyeon eventually pulled me away from admiring the beautiful closet so we could look at the master bathroom.

It was just as pleasing as the rest of the villa too.

The colors were black and white, which I didn’t mind too much. What I also didn’t mind was that the bathtub was absolutely big enough for two. Flashbacks of Paris filled my head. Omo, I could definitely get used to-

“Fany?”

I jumped a little at his loud voice.

“Hmm?!” I tried to sound as innocent as I could. He grinned.

 “What are you up to? I called your name like five times,” he laughed.

“Nothing. I just like the big bathtub.” I was hoping he would catch on to what I was trying to get through.

“I know! Look it’s a shower too,” he said as he pointed to the shower head.

“Ooh perfect,” I faked interest as I mentally laughed.

Sometimes I really think I might have been the one to corrupt his innocent little mind.

“We’ll have to test it out first,” he huskily whispered right in my ear. His warm breath and y tone sent a quick shiver through my body.

Then there are times like this that I feel like he was a byuntae from the start…

I softly elbowed him in the tummy, but he caught it just in time. I made an angry face at him but he just stuck his tongue out.

“Let’s go out there; Chaewon-ssi wants to talk to us about the apartment.”

“Villa,” I corrected for the who knows how many times today. I think both of the words were technically correct, but apartment sounded so wrong to me. Whenever someone said apartment when I was growing up it meant a tiny and cramped up living space and this was nothing of the sort.

I heard Chaewon-ssi say the word villa and it just seemed right.

“Whatever, villa~,” he teased. “Let’s go.”

 I took his hand and followed him out.

“Welcome back,” we were greeted. “How did you like the master rooms?”

“I really liked it,” I said first. She smiled.

“I could tell.” Huh? “Whenever potential buyers freely enter the bathrooms it means that they feel comfortable in the home. When the buyers hesitantly look into the bathrooms it means that they don’t really feel like this could be their home or they still think of it as a stranger’s home rather than their own.”

“That’s pretty interesting,” Taeyeon’s manager chimed in. It was too. I was all over the bathrooms here. I mean we had to make sure we liked them!

“Yes it is,” Chaewon laughed. “It’s just something us realtors notice over time. Now, since we didn’t get to talk about the villa before we started the tour, I’ll tell you the details now.”

We both nodded. This is what I waiting for.

“The villa is around 3000 square feet. As you could see it contains three bathrooms and three bedrooms with the potential of four. The small office room could really be anything you want,” she laughed. I felt Taeyeon nudge me as I heard him saying ‘I told you so’ in my head.

Aish, what a jerk.

“This villa has actually failed on the market three times before so the cost is significantly less than it was a year ago. A little over a half of a million dollars cheaper actually,” she added.

That was quite a drop, but still if it failed three times it’s still probably way over priced right?

“The price now is just over 2.6 million.”

I watched Taeyeon’s face drop immediately… and he says I’m readable.

“D-do we have time to think it over?” I caressed his hand with my thumb. He just sounded so sad.

“Of course Taeyeon-ssi,” she smiled.

I heard him take a breath of relief and smiled. He was adorable.

“I will have to tell you this though,” she started. Uh oh. “I’m in no way telling you that you need to commit to this property now, for Pete’s sake you still have months to shop around from what I’m told. There will be many places opening up between now and then.” I watched him nod intently. “But there have been a few buyers watching this villa from the start, so I’m sure that since the price was dropped so much this time around it won’t last too long on the market. I showed it to you two first because, well my little sister is a huge fan of you two and I’d much rather it go to someone who will actually use it than someone who is going to turn around and try to sell it again at an unreasonable price.”

I nodded. She was right. We did have a while to shop around, but I didn’t want to. As soon as she said someone else might buy it up I felt a little drop in my stomach.

I didn’t want anyone else to buy this villa. This was my villa, no.

This was our villa.

Would Taeyeon go for it though? He nearly had a heart attack at the villa for 2.1 million dollars.

Ugh, there was only one way to figure it out.

“I want to live here,” I said firmly.

“What?” “Jinjja?” “Tiffany!”

“Yes really Taeyeon,” I responded, ignoring both of our managers. “I think we should buy it.”

“A-are you serious?” His eyes were huge. I nodded.

“I’m totally serious Taeyeon. I want to live here.” The more I said it, the better I felt.

I really did want to live here.

He looked at me in silence for a few seconds before turning to Chaewon and our managers.

“We want to buy this apartment.”

 

________________________________________________________

I hope this chapter and the story in general isn't getting too boring for anyone!!!

I have no idea how buying a house actually works, so if I write anything that doesn't make sense or seems wrong, don't worry.
It probably is.

If you catch anything seriously wrong let me know and I'll do my best to fix/change it!

If you have any plot, song, or drama suggestions, let me know!
I'll do my best to try to work them in!

Please continue to subscribe, vote, and comment on my story!
Hearing from all of you makes me happiest in the world!