Hesitations

Into the New World

 

 

It was early the next day when I arrived at MBC studios. I was bummed that Tiffany and I couldn’t come together, but I guess she had to leave for Japan once this was done anyway. Ugh.

I guess I couldn’t complain too much since my members and I had a photo shoot later as well.

Once Hyung and I walked in to the studio I could see that I was the first of us to arrive. The MCs were quick to greet and congratulate me though, and I gladly thanked them. They also told me that they were very sad that this was our last episode, which I was too.

Now it was bye bye Tiffany and hello studio. Tomorrow we were supposed to start recording our new single. None of us knew anything about it yet and that worried me a little… Was it going to be something totally different? Were they not going to use one of my songs?

I mean I didn’t really care if they did or not, I just thought it was a nice touch. Something that set us apart a litt-.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Am I late?” I turned to see my favorite person in the world walking toward me with a huge smile. Unfortunately though she got intercepted by the MCs. Ugh! I would just have go to her instead.

As I neared, I could hear the women MCs complimenting her ring.

“Ah, it’s beautiful Tiffany-ssi.”

“Isn’t it,” I asked as I finally reached them. I put my hand on the small of Tiffany’s back because I knew we couldn’t show too much skinship in front of our sunbaes here, but I still needed to hold her in some way. She grinned up at me.

“Good morning Taeyeon.”

“Good morning,” I smiled. “Did you eat?”

“Ehh, a little.” I groaned causing the women in front of us to laugh.

“Fany-ah, you need to eat. Where’s your manager?”

“Tae, I’m fine. I promise.” I looked at her smiling back at me and gave in. Alright, I guess I’ll let it slide this time.

Just then Seulong and Jinwoon of 2AM showed up. They soon congratulated us as well.

Not but five minutes later we were being mic’d up so we could get started. I guess Tiffany had a really tight schedule today. I sighed.

I wish we had more time to enjoy our new status as a couple, but Tiffany and I were both busy people right now. Which was great, but at the same time… couldn’t we just get a day off? Or seven?

“Tiffany-ssi and Taeyeon-ssi, please sit in the chairs in the middle. Everyone, we’ll get started soon!”

We nodded and quickly found our seats.

“Are you ready,” I asked her. She hummed.

“I’m really excited Taetae,” she said as she grabbed my hand.

The PD soon gave us the thirty second warning. Ah! This was sort of exciting… and embarrassing. She would be seeing everything that I had done the past month or so to make this happen!

Soon the red lights came on and we were filming. The MCs took a few minutes to introduce us and talk about how this was our last episode. We answered a few questions about it, saying how we were sad to go and other things along those lines.

Then they got to the main event.

__________________________________________________________________

The video started out to show Seohyun and I yesterday at the V-day special. Ugh! I wanted to see how we got to this point, not what I already know! Come on PD!

It followed me through the rest of the events I knew to have already happened, but then finally it showed something that I hadn’t see before.

“Oppa are you ready?” It was IU and Taeyeon right before they went on for ‘Nagging’ it looked like. He hummed and started nervously dancing around.

“Wah~! This is worse than my debut stage,” he laughed. “If I pass out you have to ask her for me.” IU laughed.

“Oppa, what if she says no?” He froze completely.

“Yah,” his voice was deeper. “You wanna die?!” Everyone in the studio got a kick out of that, but I just grabbed his hand again and gave it a squeeze. He was adorable.

It briefly showed them singing and everyone was anxious as it got to the end, but I was just embarrassed. Almost the whole time they were singing they showed Sunny and I, and I had the stupidest smile on my face. They even asked me about it.

“Ahh, I just get really happy watching him perform,” I answered quickly. “He’s incredible.” Taeyeon smiled and squeezed my hand.

“Ooh, ooh here we go,” Jinwoon said excitedly. He was there so I don’t even know why he was getting so worked up, I mean he saw it firsthand. I shrugged it off.

The lights went black, and you could see my face. It looked like they had another camera man with a night vision lens or something off to the side focused on me. We heard Sunny, who I now know was in on it, tell me it was just a fuse and then Yonghwa and Seohyun, who also knew about it, comfort the crowd.

Then there was Taeyeon, and IU.

It was weird to watch myself react to his adorable song, but it was going to be even more embarrassing to watch myself hesitantly accept his proposal. I didn’t get to though. It showed him asking me, but then immediately started rewinding. I saw familiar images of other episodes and then suddenly it stopped on us in the recording studio.

“Ahh, so now we’re going to see how you planned it all?”

“Ne,” Taeyeon responded. “I knew before that I wanted to ask her, but I just didn’t know when or how. I even already had both of our parents’ permission.” Wait a minute what? “This is just where I got the idea to do a surprise event.”

“Tiffany you look surprised.” UH yeah, to say the least.

“When did you ask my dad?” He laughed and continued to explain how my dad just gave him permission without him even asking, to ‘save him a trip’ when the time came. I couldn’t believe it… Daebak.

Oh my god. I haven’t even called my dad to tell him! Omo.

I’m a horrible daughter. I felt a squeeze on my hand and saw Taeyeon looking at me worriedly.

Right focus!

Thankfully the MCs were all watching the video as it continued on to show Taeyeon who was now outside on the room talking to the PD. Omo! I remember walking up on this! Wait a second.

He totally lied to me! Multiple times!

Oh shut up Tiffany, this time is the one time it was acceptable for him to lie to you!

The next twenty minutes or so went by quickly and explained how he asked the PD if he could do the event and then how he got the go ahead while we were babysitting the two children just weeks ago.

“Omo, that was my favorite episode,” Park Misun-ssi commented. Nayoung-ssi agreed.

“That’s right, you two were so cute,” she cheered. “That’s what we figure you two will be like when you settle down with kids.” Oh god… I  awkwardly laughed.

“Ne, maybe one day,” Taeyeon said quickly. “When Tiffany isn’t afraid of them anymore.” Everyone started laughing, except me…

“Yah~,” I said. “I wasn’t afraid,” I lied.

He called me out on it.

“Alright, maybe I was a little afraid.” Everyone laughed even harder.

The next scene showed crew members talking to Jokwon, Gain, Sunny, and Sooyoung. They told them what was going on and no matter what they had to get us to stop at that jewelry store.

“Oh my god,” I said aloud. “It was all a set up!” Taeyeon hummed as the MCs looked rather impressed. “I should have known,” I teased. He laughed.

“Well I needed to know what kind of ring you wanted, because I had no idea where to even begin,” he expressed.

Ugh, I still couldn’t believe that this goofball beside me did all of this. For me!

“Taeyeon, you’re like the king of surprise events now,” Seulong oppa commented.

“Yeah,” the MC agreed. “I don’t know how you’ll top this one,” he joked.

“Me either,” Taeyeon laughed. “I hope you don’t expect much from me later on.” I grinned and then started laughing when I saw Taeyeon’s face on the screen we were watching. It was huge!

“Annyeonghaseyo, this is TYS’s Taeyeon. It’s like 8AM and I’m here in the studio to record the song I’ll be singing before I pop the question to Tiffany. Ahh~! It’s exciting,” he called out earning laughs and compliments from around the room.

“I sent it to the producers a week ago and now they have everything ready for me to start.”

Kenzie and her husband then popped in the room to help him. After a few more minutes in to the conversation her husband spoke up asking how they would get me on stage.

“Oh, so IU wasn’t originally a part of it,” Park Misun-ssi asked.

“That’s right. I had planned to do it alone, but there wouldn’t be a smooth way to get her on stage.”

“Ohh that makes a lot of sense though.”

“Ne, my first thought was then to get another SNSD member, but they were all in Japan, so there went that and then none of my members would have been able to pull it off. Sorry guys,” he said toward the camera earning a few laughs. “Also since IU and I were already doing one duet, I thought ahha! She’d be perfect.”

“Tiffany-ssi did you mind that it wasn’t just him?” I laughed.

“Of course not. I mean obviously it would have been a little better if it were just him, but I think everything went perfectly. I’m a big fan of when IU and Taeyeon sing together anyway, so no, it didn’t bother me at all.”

It then showed IU showing up in the studio and Taeyeon immediately telling her what was going to happen.

She freaked out.

It was actually pretty cute. She kept asking ‘Are you sure you want it to be me?’ The whole studio got a laugh out of that one.

We next watched them recording and then rehearsing it at the stage a few days later. They even had the Brown Eyed Girls, who were also there rehearsing, help out. Narsha unnie pretended to be me and had IU drag her out to practice the timing and everything.

“So literately everyone but me knew?” The MCs laughed.

“We didn’t either Tiffany-ssi,” Nayoung commented. Taeyeon just smiled.

“I needed their help and when they asked why, I couldn’t think of anything but what was actually happening,” he explained.

Which I guess made sense. There really wasn’t any possible excuse for what he was doing, besides a surprise event.

The video started fast forwarding and was now showing me accepting. Everyone in the room awed and cheered for us, even though this all happened yesterday.

“I love how you both questioned each other,” Seulong teased. I heard Taeyeon laughing.

“Ne, I thought it was just my wishful thinking at first,” He responded. “I had to make sure.”

“Since we have a few minutes left do you mind if we ask you a few questions?” I quietly sighed. I knew this was coming.

“Aniyo, go ahead,” I quickly responded. A few of them cheered.

“Tiffany-ssi did you know this was going to happen?” Wait the proposal or the event? I questioned. “Uh, well both,” she laughed.

“Uhh, yes and no.” Taeyeon quickly looked at me. “I knew he was going to ask me because we had kind of talked about it previously, but I had no idea it would be yesterday, or a huge surprise event,” I explained truthfully.

“Ah, Taeyeon-ssi why’d you choose to do it this way? Aren’t these things usually more private?” He laughed.

“Ne. Well I know Tiffany likes to be the center of attention, so I thought it was perfect,” he laughed, as did everyone else.

“Tiffany-ssi is that true? Did you like it?” Oh god.

“Uh, ne,” I nervously laughed. “I didn’t even know what to think at first, I was so~ confused, but once it finally registered and now that I’m watching it again… Ah~,” I voiced. “I couldn’t be happier.”

The MCs awed and Taeyeon spoke up again.

“Also I wanted to do it this way so we could kind of share it with all of our fans.” Wait what?

“What do you mean,” Misun-ssi questioned, thankfully.

“Ah, it’s just that we had been a secret for so long and I wanted to do it this way as a sort of apology …if that makes sense,” he laughed.

“Oh to make up for hiding it?” He hummed. That actually wasn’t a bad idea.

“Also so when we do decide to actually… get married,” he hesitated cutely. “I would hope that our fans would be respectful toward us if we want to have it privately, since we shared the engagement with them,” he explained.

Wow, that was brilliant, I don’t know how well the fans would listen, but it was a genius idea nonetheless. The MCs thought so too as they praised his thinking.

“Now that you brought it up though,” Nayoung-ssi started. Oh god, I knew where this was headed. “Do you have a date picked?” Taeyeon laughed.

“Aniyo,” I quickly responded. Taeyeon had answered the past few questions, it was my turn now. “This all happened yesterday, so we’re just going to let it sink in for a while before we decide anything.”

“Ne, we both still have our groups and careers that we’re focused on right now as well,” Taeyeon answered very coolly.

“Yeah Nayoung-ssi, they’re from two of the biggest K-pop groups in Korea right now, they can’t just go off and get hitched.”

“Ne, ne,” she said as she laughed. “I just wanted to be invited!” The studio burst out in laughter.

They asked a few other questions before closing. Then they thanked us for being a part of their show and said if we wanted to come back to guest commentate we could whenever we wanted. We laughed and thanked them all for having us.

And that was it.

Almost as soon as I got done making my rounds and thanking everyone in the crew my manager told me it was time to go. I frowned and quickly found Taeyeon.

“Tae, I’ve got to go.” I saw him pout. “I’ll call you every day babe. I promise.”

“I’ll be waiting,” he grinned. “Do well over there okay?” I nodded. “I love you”

“I love you too yeobo,” I teased, but I think he liked it a little too much. I shook my head and placed a quick kiss on his cheek.

Aish, I was really going to miss him…

__________________________________________________________________

The next day I woke up early to a text from my beautiful fiancé.

Text Message
From: Yeppeuni

Good morning<3
I miss you already!

 

I chuckled and texted her back quickly.

 

Text Message
To: Yeppeuni

Good morning and I miss you too. :(
Make sure you have breakfast!!!

 

I hit send and continued to get out of bed. Today we were going to record or new single, so I didn’t feel like dressing too nice. I mean it was only going to be us and a few producers. I’m sure they don’t care.

I finished throwing on some sweatpants and a fresh shirt and finally made my way out of my room. Finding hyung in the living room, I quickly greeted him.

“Ah good you’re awake. I was just coming to get you… Is Soo ready?” I chuckled. Shouldn’t we really be worrying about Yuri? Mr. Takes eight years in the bathroom?

“I don’t kno-“

“Yep! I’m good to go.” I heard a voice and soon felt an arm around my shoulder.

“Perfect. Let’s get going.” Uhm.

“What about Yul?”

“Is he already down there,” I asked. Ugh. I hated when he did that.

Some mornings when we have a schedule, he’ll get up and he just gets ready and goes, without even attempting to wake anyone else. It was so annoying…

“Ani, he’s not coming today.” My eyes widened. “He has to film later anyway. Dobin-ah will pick him up.” Ahh! That made sense. I nodded.

We soon got in to the van for the short trip to SM. Not but ten minutes later we arrived.

“You guys are in Studio C, I’ll be right there,” hyung called as he started walking toward the restroom.

“Ne,” I shouted after him. We took the elevator down and swiftly found our studio. Neither of us were talking much, for I was too tired, and I’m sure Soo was just hungry. I mean we didn’t even have time to eat.

I opened the door and froze. I took a quick glance at the familiar girls sitting in the room and quickly back to Soo.

“Hyung said C right? Or was it B?” He pushed past me with an agitated expression.

“It was C Tae, jesus. Open your ears- uhh what? Krystal? Luna?” They had turned toward us after Sooyoung’s little fit. I glared at him and then turned toward them.

“Do we have the wrong room?” They didn’t even have time to answer before I heard a voice behind me.

“Aniyo. You’re all in the right place.” I turned and- Oh god.

I gulped. That sure woke me up.

It was Lee Sooman.

Soo and I bowed immediately and greeted him, as did the f(x) girls.

“Your managers’ didn’t tell you?” I shook my head.

“Ours did,” Krystal said from behind us.

“Ah, well then. Luna and Krystal will be featuring in your single.”

“Jinjja,” I asked surprisingly. He hummed.

“That’s awesome. It’ll be a lot of fun guys,” Sooyoung cheered.

“Ne, it should be,” LSM commented. “Furthermore, you two will be forming a subunit and this will be your debut.” Hold on.

Did he just say what I think he said?

“Us,” Sooyoung asked loudly. The president nodded.

“Yes. You two.”

“What? Why,” I asked curiously. We couldn’t just leave Yuri out… He was a part of our group too! “Does Yuri know?”

“I understand your worry, but I’ve already had a talk with him. Originally it wasn’t going to happen this way, but he wouldn’t have enough time with his drama to promote and perform. So this was the idea that I came up with instead.” I nodded.

“So… he’s okay with it?” LSM hummed again.

“He didn’t want to hold you two up from performing.” Wow.

That was so awesome of him. I knew I’d be a little bummed out if the other two left me out of a song, but I guess Yul was doing something he loved in the meantime…

We weren’t technically leaving him out if he couldn’t do it anyway right?

“Taeyeon?”

“Wha- oh ne?”

“I asked if you were ready to get started,” he laughed. “F(x) has a schedule in a few hours so we’ll stop then and come back tomorrow as well.”

“Ah ne. That sounds good sir.”

“Also, congratulations on your engagement.” I bowed and thanked him again. Oh god this was awkward.

Thankfully Soo cut in.

“What will our subunit be called?”

“I was thinking we could just do TaeSoo. It’s short, simple, and to the point.”

“Just like Taeyeon,” Soo teased.

“Yah~!”

__________________________________________________________________

On the second day of recording I walked in to the studio to find that f(x) had beaten us there… again. Jesus, we even tried to be early.

“Oppa you’re here!” I looked to the voice that wasn’t Krystal’s  or Luna’s and… what?

“Amber? Why are you here?” She laughed.

“It’s nice to see you too,” she joked. “I was bored at home and I heard these two got to hang out with you and Soo, so why not?” I laughed. She did have a good point.

“Amber,” Sooyoung called as he stepped in the room. I grinned and pulled out my phone to check the text I had just received, but before I could look at it Amber spoke up.

“Oh my god Taeng!” I quickly turned to see what the matter was, but she wasn’t doing anything but looking at me. Uh okay?

“What…?”

“Did you see the show last night with the Super Junior oppas? Oh god what was it called,” she asked as she looked to Krystal, who just shrugged. Amber groaned. “You’re no help… but did you watch it?”

“Ani?” Her eyes widened.

“Have you been on the internet since last night?” I shook my head. “Omo, I’m sure it’s all over, hold on.” She pulled out her phone and began typing.

Sooyoung glanced at me and I just shook my head again. I had no idea what she was talking about.

Honestly I haven’t watched TV or the computer since Tiffany and I got engaged. No wait.

I lied.

I got on it that evening when I got home from SNSD’s dorm to see what everyone was saying and for the most part, it wasn’t pretty…

My antis seem to have doubled, for almost every comment was negative. Although there were quite a few that said that it was really romantic, or sweet, or just nice things about us in general. I was really grateful for that too… The problem was just that there were at least five rude comments for every nice one.

They were mostly saying things about how it was a publicity stunt and we just wanted attention, but the thing that really got me was even worse. A ton, and I mean a lot, of people just assumed that Tiffany was pregnant, and that’s why we were shot gunning this engagement? Wedding? Whatever.

I was just glad that our WAD episode aired tonight. I hoped that it could clear up some of the misinformation everyone had been spreading about, so did SM. They already released a few statements to the press, but they were apparently being ignored. I guess they wanted to hear it straight from us?

“Ah! See,” Amber called out, bringing me back to reality. She handed me her phone and I knew exactly what the article was going to be about once I read the headline…

It read, ‘Super Junior’s Siwon makes shocking Confession’. I groaned and continued reading.

‘Super Junior’s leading man Choi Siwon made a shocking confession earlier today by finally admitting his ideal type to be SNSD’s Tiffany,  who was known to be dating and is now engaged to TYS’s Taeyeon.’

Damn right she is, I yelled in my head. I kept reading.

‘When asked if he was aware of the news he calmly answered ‘yes’-.’

“Ugh,” I voiced loudly. I couldn’t read anymore. “Who does he think he is?” I groaned again. Setting down Amber’s phone, I had to see if Tiffany knew.

I pulled out my phone and saw that I had a message… from Tiffany. I quickly opened it.

Text Message
From: Yeppeuni

Taeyeon I really had no idea. I am SO sorry I doubted you baby.
Call me when you get this!
I love you<3

I went to her contact and immediately hit dial. I smiled a little after hearing her ring back tone, that was our duet, but I smiled even bigger when I heard her voice.

“Taetae,” she whined. “I’m so sorry.” My anger started to dissipate. “Oppa told me about it and I texted you as soon as I could.”

“Fany-ah, don’t be. It’s not your fault, it’s that jackass’.” Just kidding, it was back.

“I know, I just feel bad that I laughed at you in Japan. You were right.”

“Well don’t. I don’t want you to feel bad, okay?” It was gone again.

I couldn’t get angry at her for another guy liking her, I mean who could blame anyone for liking Tiffany? She was the most beautiful woman in the world, not to mention her amazing singing talents and her charming personality. But for him to say that about her when he knew she was dating someone, let alone being engaged to someone is just wrong. I could get over it if it were a fan or someone along those lines because that was just different, but Siwon?

“Alright Taetae. I was going to try to call him later and-.”

“NO,” I shouted. Everyone in the room turned to look at me. I held the phone away briefly and apologized. Stepping outside I put it back to my ear.

“Taeyeon?” Hello~?”

“Sorry I’m back, but you can’t call him.”

“What, why not?” Ugh!!!

“Because I want to be there when you see or talk to him.” I heard her sigh.

“Tae, I’m just going to-“

“No,” I cut her off again. “It’ll just encourage him. Please don’t,” I begged. She sighed.

“Fine. I won’t talk to him unless you’re with me.” I asked her to promise. “I promise~,” she laughed. “Ugh, I have to go now, it’s my turn in the commercial we’re filming.”

“Ah, well good luck Fany-ah. Call me tonight okay?” She hummed and then we said our goodbyes.

Ugh, I still couldn’t believe him.

He was totally asking for it.

__________________________________________________________________

Thankfully I was able put the whole Siwon thing to the back of my mind for the next few days while we worked on our song. Actually I think it even helped me do my best. For some reason I felt the sudden need to beat out stupid Super Junior in everything. Ugh!

Calm down Taeyeon.

Right!

Whew…

F(x) didn’t have a schedule today either so we were even able get everything recorded! When they played back the raw cut of it at the end, I was pleased! I’m not just saying that because I kind of wrote the lyrics either. Krystal and Luna’s voices blended really well with ours and it sounded great.

I say kind of because the producers and lyricists who were working with us took one of my songs that I did write and completely flipped it around. Instead of being a love song it sorta.. wasn’t one? This one was definitely more for single people, which I thought was really ironic since Soo and I both had girls.

Lee Sooman had explained yesterday though about how he didn’t want our original group and subunit to sound the same, so our sub unit would be singing songs that weren’t our usual lovey/romantic songs TYS usually did.

I thought it would be kind of fun though because we never sing about this kind of thing!

Regardless, I thought the raw cut sounded fantastic, so I really hoped it would all turn out well.

Just as everything did with Tiffany and I.

Okay maybe not everything, I mean she was still stuck in Japan for the next who knows how long, but most things.

Since our last episode of WAD aired last night, the rude comments about Tiffany and I have literately decreased by at least half. I guess once they heard my reasoning behind it most of them understood why I did it so publicly? Also when we said we had no idea when we were actually going to tie the knot it completely shattered the whole Tiffany being pregnant thing. Which I was very glad about. I mean if she was pregnant we would have said something along the lines of ‘as soon as possible’ or ‘within the next nine months.’

Omo, I couldn’t even imagine the reactions the MCs would have had. It makes me laugh to even think about though.

I just hated that some people were still talking bad about us, and especially her. We didn’t do anything wrong did we?

I didn’t think so…

In fact I think the only thing that felt wrong right now was the absence of Yuri from our song. It was weird without him being there, but the addition of Luna and Krystal definitely eased the void.

I heard the plot of the MV a week or so later, and I was even happier than before about our newest song.

There weren’t going to be any scenes where we had to act cute together.

Once the PD had finished telling us the order of the shooting I had to ask and make sure.

“Excuse me PD-nim?” He hummed. There isn’t going to be any...uh…kissing scenes…is there?” I watched Krystal turn her head toward him as well. He started laughing

“Aniyo Taeyeon-ssi.” I exhaled. Whew. I nodded and thanked him. Thank god.

I turned toward Krystal and Luna and they just started laughing.

“I didn’t even think about that until you brought it up oppa. Oh my goodness.” I laughed too.

“Yeah, I did not want to have to deal with an angry Tiffany.”

“You don’t have to tell me twice.” I grinned. I guess it wasn’t just me who was afraid of an angry Fany.

Hours later we had just got done filming another scene when a voice called out.

“Well don’t you all look cute!” I looked to see Yuri walking toward us.

Ahh! I figured he’d be filming all day!

“What are you doing here Yul?”

“What? Can’t I stop by?” I laughed.

“Of course you can pabo, I just thought you’d be filming.”

“Ani, we’re done for the day,” he grinned. “I came to see if these two were doing a good job filling my spot.” I laughed as I watched Luna and Krystal come closer.

“Hey Yuri,” Luna greeted.

 “Oh! Yuri oppa are you excited for tomorrow?” I looked at Krystal and then back at Yuri. What?

“What’s tomorrow,” I asked curiously.

“It’s unnie’s first day of filming!”

“Ah jinjja?” She nodded.

“Unnie is really excited to work with you,” she grinned. Wait a minute? Does she know too?

“Yeah it should be fun,” Yuri said unenthusiastically. “I just hope it won’t be weird afterward.” I was so lost. Why would it be we-

“The kissing scene,” Krystal asked like it was no big deal. Kissing scene? Yuri hummed. Oh my god.

 “Yuri-yah! You never told us there would be a kissing scene! Wait… I thought she was the ex?”

“She is, but my character is still in love with hers and blah blah.” Holy crap. This had went even better than we planned. I just thought that they’d be working together. Oh my god. They’d be kissing too?

“Daebak. When’s the first episode?” I had to tell Tiffany about this. Unless she already knew…

“Uhh, its March… Hey, it’s on your birthday!”

“Wah~,” I cheered. “I get to watch you two making out on my birthday? What a present,” I teased.

“Yah~! Shut up, and besides her first episode won’t be until around the end of the month. The first one in general is on the 9th.”

“Ahh, well that’s no fun!” The girls both laughed.

“I know, I’m excited for it too oppa.”

“Yuri-yah come here for a sec,” hyung called. He faked punched me and walked off. I quickly turned to Krystal.

“So you know about their… situation too?” She scoffed.

“Jess is my sister, of course I know.”

__________________________________________________________________

It was March 1st and Tiffany was back in Korea.

I don’t think that she knows that I know yet, but that would soon change.

She was here with the rest of SNSD to film some sort of commercial and Sunny was keeping me in the loop with their whereabouts. Ah speaking of! I unlocked my  phone to a text from Sunny.

Text Message
From: Sunkyu

We’re home now!^^

“Perfect,” I said aloud.

“What is?” Oh, right.

“We’re done with rehearsing today right,” I asked hyung.

“Uh yeah, f(x) has to go to their next schedule now.” I cheered internally.

“Can you drop me off at SNSD’s dorm instead of ours?” He looked at me confusedly. “They’re back for today,” I answered simply, and I wanted to see my Fany-ah!

Thankfully he agreed. We said our goodbyes to the girls a few minutes later and hurriedly went to our van. I guess Soo was excited to see his girlfriend as well. I grinned.

Not more than five minutes later we had arrived. I eagerly hopped out of the van. Gah~! I was so excited to see her. It’s been almost exactly two weeks since our last touch, hug, and kiss and I missed it so much.

“Tell Sunny we’re here,” Soo called out the window. I held up an ‘okay’ sign and kept walking.

Apparently Sunny was going to come over to our dorm while I went to theirs? I don’t know, I didn’t really pay attention to what he was going on about a few minutes ago, sorry Soo. I had more important things on my mind…well just one actually.

I rang their doorbell and was quickly greeted by Sunny. She pulled me into a quick hug.

“I’ve missed you guys,” she laughed. “It’s weird not seeing you all the time.” I hummed.

“I know! Is Tiffany the only one here,” I asked curiously. I didn’t see or hear anyone else around…

“Seohyun is here too you byuntae,” she grinned. Wait a minute!

“Yah, it’s not like that,” I said. Well now that she brought it up…”Er, well okay, maybe a little bit, but that wasn’t my intention,” I laughed. “I just don’t see anyone.” She teasingly hummed.

“Sure~. I think she’s in her room reading and Jess is filming now. Tiffany’s still in the living room probably, and I am leaving.” I grinned.

“Catching up on her dramas?” That girl… what was I going to do wi-

“No,” she answered flatly. No?

“Then what is she doing?” I took a few more steps in so I could see her and there she was. Sitting almost frozen on the sofa.

“I don’t know Taeng. She’s been acting weird the past week or so.”

“Jinjja?” She hasn’t seemed weird when she called or texted me though? Sunny hummed.

“She puts on a good front in front of the cameras but once they’re off its back to that,” she said as she pointed in the living room. That’s right. I even watched their most recent interview.

She didn’t seem off at all. I sighed.

“Don’t worry Taeyeon, I’m sure she just misses you,” she laughed. I smiled.

Ah, I knew that feeling. I’ve missed her since the second she left.

I hummed. “Alright, time for you to leave,” I said as I pushed her outside. I wanted to hug and kiss my Tiffany without any teasing from this midget. Quickly locking the door I heard her call out.

“Yah, this is my house!” I laughed.

“Okay! Bye Sunny.” I took a few steps toward their living room and felt my phone vibrate.

Text Message
From: Sunkyu

You’re dead Kim Taeyeon.
x_x

I laughed and put my phone back in my pocket. I was a few feet away and she still didn’t even notice me.

“Fany?” That seemed to do it. She shook her head and looked up to me.

“What are you doing here?” She looked pale and…worried?

“Are you sick,” I asked as reached for her forehead. Finally I saw her smile as she grabbed my hand.

“Aniyo, I’m fine Taetae.” I took the spot beside her and quickly pulled her in for a kiss.

“Mmm, I missed you Fany-ah,” I said as I started caressing her cheek. It was almost like I was studying her face.

I missed two weeks of our lives together, two weeks of seeing her.

Her face looked thinner and that worried me.

Was she skipping meals? Why was no one making sure she ate? Ugh! I wanted to ask her, but she spoke up instead.

“I missed you too. Is everything done for your single? I hear everyone’s excited for your subunit debut,” she smiled again. I hummed.

“Everything is done, now we’re just waiting for the MV to be edited together.” She hummed. “I think they just have to decide between which kissing scenes to put in, I mean we filmed so~ many,” I teased.

“Yah! Don’t even try to lie to me Kim Taeyeon,” she laughed as she hit my chest. “I already asked Krystal and Luna.” I laughed. “They said it was kiss free.” I grabbed her hand.

“I know babe, I was just teasing you,” I laughed. “How’s your album- Fany?” I looked down and something was totally off. She hummed. “Where’s your ring?”

I watched her eyes widen as she looked at her hand.

Oh my god she didn’t lose it did she? I heard her exhale.

“I forgot to put it back on after our commercial filming,” she said as she stood up. I let out a deep breath. Wait a second…

“Why’d you take it off in the first place?” A wave of worry started to build up.

Oh god, she didn’t regret it did she? Omo.

What if she-

“It was a jewelry commercial Taetae,” she softly smiled. “They didn’t want me wearing a different brand of jewelry while I was trying to show off theirs.” She sat back down beside me with the ring back in its rightful position.

The wave broke. Whew, I closed my eyes. I really think I had a minor heart attack. Omo.

“Good, I thought you were having second thoughts about saying yes to me,” I laughed. Looking over to Tiffany I noticed she wasn’t laughing… She wasn’t even smiling. “Oh my god... D-do you?”

No response.

Oh god. I felt my breathing get quicker as my heart literately felt like someone kicked it.

“Tiffany,” I said as my voice embarrassingly cracked. Aish! This is not the time throat.

She finally looked at me with wide eyes.

“I wouldn’t call it second thoughts,” she said hesitantly. What?!

“Then what would you call it,” I accidently shouted. I saw her eyes widen at me.

Ugh, I really hated yelling at her. Aish! I didn’t even mean to. It just came out that way!

 “I-I don’t know Tae,” she said quickly. “With everything that’s been happening lately don’t you think we should talk about this more?” Wait what?

“What do you mean by everything Tiffany?” I saw her look away and frown.

What’s been happening lately that could have possibly set her off? Just a few weeks ago we were happily chatting about our engagement on a filmed show and now she was having second thoughts?

What’s different now?

I tried to rack my brain, but only one thing popped up. Oh god.

 “Does it…Does it have to do with Siwon?”

__________________________________________________________________

“Does it…Does it have to do with Siwon?”

Did he just say what I think he did? I looked at him, and he was looking straight back at me.

“Seriously?”

“Seriously.”

I couldn’t believe this. Did he really think that I had feelings for him or something?

“You think I’m like this because of Siwon!?” He shrugged.

“I don’t know Tiffany! You never tell me what you’re thinking! How am I supposed to know?”

Okay, he did have a point. Every time he tried to bring our engagement up in the past I’ve always kind of ignored it, or brushed past the topic. I thought all these lingering worries would go away, but they didn’t.

I knew he was the only one for me, it wasn’t even a question. Well, until now I guess. I felt tears building up.

 “Are you really questioning my feelings for you right now?”

“What if I am?” My breathing started to pick up even more.

“Taeyeon! Do you think I’d even be wearing this ring right now if I didn’t love you?”

“You weren’t a few minutes ago,” he mumbled, but I heard him. Oh, I heard him.

“I can’t believe this,” I said as the tears finally fell. It was silent for a minute, well not completely because I could hear my crying almost echo.

I jumped at the feeling of something on my back, but once I saw what, well, who it was I immediately regretted it.

“Do you… really think…that,” I asked in between sniffles and small hiccups. His hand came to my back again.

“No, I don’t Tiffany. I’m sorry for saying it. I’m just…I’m just confused… Ca-can you please just tell me what’s going on? I thought we were going great.”

I nodded and took a deep breath.

“Is it something I did,” he asked quickly, preventing me from talking. “Do you want me to come to Japan with you? I can see if SM will push back our subunit debut,” he said quickly. I felt a little warmer at his words.

He really would do anything for me. I slid my arms around his waist and he reciprocated.

“You can’t just put your career on hold for me Taeyeon,” I said softly.

“Why not?” I froze and looked at him.

“You’re really asking me that?” He nodded.

This was a trick question right?

“Because you worked so hard to get here babe. You can’t just throw it away. I would never ask you to do something like that.” I heard him chuckle and I let out a deep breath. Good, so he was teasing.

“I know, but if I had to choose, I’d pick you Fany-ah.” Wait. “I can sing anywhere. I don’t care if I’m on stage in front of two hundred thousand people or just two. As long as one of them is you I’ll be perfectly fine wherever I am.”

I don’t know how he managed to, yet again, take my breath away with his words, but it happened.

That was the sweetest thing I think he’s ever said. I squeezed him even tighter and he laughed.

“What would you choose?” I froze again.

What would I choose? Hold on…Why did I have to choose?

“Can’t I have both?” He groaned.

“Fany-ah~ I’m serious. What would you choose?”

“Tae~,” I whined back. “I’m serious too. Why can’t I have both?”

“Because I said! Just pick one,” he said with his voice losing its strength.

“Fine then,” I paused. “I don’t know what I would pick.”

“You don’t know?” I hummed. I had no idea.

We were still for a few seconds before I felt Taeyeon’s arms unwrap from me.

Ugh! Where was he go- oh my god.

“Tae what’s wrong,” I asked as I quickly moved my hand to wipe his now wet cheeks. He blocked it and then unwrapped my other arm from around his waist.

What in the hell was going on?

My breathing picked up yet again until he spoke. I really don’t think I was breathing after that.

“I’ll give you some time to figure it out then… I don’t want to be a second choice.”

He stood up and silently walked out of our dorm. I couldn’t even bring myself to say anything to try to stop him…

Was this seriously happening?

Wait a minute…

Is he… did he just… b-break up with me? My breath hitched.

No, he wouldn’t do that. He couldn’t do that…

Taeyeon loves me, he wouldn’t. Like he said, he’s giving me time to-.

Oh god, that’s exactly like breaking up with me though.

I ruined it. I ruined everything.

I suddenly felt something on my arm and when I looked down I realized then that I was crying. Oh god.

Bawling really.

“Unnie what’s wrong?” I turned to the now approaching Seohyun and started to talk, but nothing came out, except for more sobs. She quickly wrapped her arms around me and I melted in to her. “Wasn’t Taeyeon oppa just here?” I nodded in to her shoulder.

“I-I r-ruined it.”

“Ruined wh- Oh, unnie your phone is vibrating.” Omo.

I quickly grabbed my phone and hit the green button.

“Ye-yeboseyo? Taet-”

“What the hell is wrong with Taeyeon?” I groaned.

It was Sunny.

“Tiffany?”

“Wh-what,” I answered back not as enthusiastic this time.

“What’s wrong with him? He just got here and he’s soaking wet and…are you crying?” I hummed.

Wait, why is my Taetae soaking... Oh my god.

I looked out of our window noticed it was raining, well more like pouring.

Oh no!

He walked home? Oh my god. That was at least a fifteen minute walk!

Wait… had I really been sitting here for fifteen minutes by myself? I swear it felt like seconds..

“Tiffany, what’s going on? Soo is freaking out... Wait, you guys didn’t…fight did you?” I tried to hum, but it turned into more of a sniffle. “Oh Sooyoungie,” I heard her say on the other end. There was more mumbling and then she spoke again. “I’ll be right home.”

“No,” I tried to respond forcefully, but failed. I didn’t want her to have to leave her boyfriend just because of me.

“Tiffany shut up, I’ll be there soon.” The line went dead.

__________________________________________________________________

I hope it wasn't too bad!
Also, please don't hate me! <3

Let me know how my first attempt at drama went though!
I'm a little nervous. >.<

Thank you all so much for reading my story!
I hope you continue to subscribe/upvote.^^
Please don't be afraid to leave a comment!
Getting feedback from you all is my favorite part!