Hidden Feelings?

Into the New World

 

 

It was a week or more after we had filmed Hello Baby with TYS, but tonight was the night that it would actually air. It was usual for us to all come together and watch the shows we were on together.

I was already sitting on the sofa when a thought popped in to my head. I pulled out my phone and started to type a message.

Text Message
To: Taeyeon

Are you guys watching the show tonight? ^^

 I hit send and set my phone down beside me. Just then Seohyun came in to the room and sat beside me.

“Unnie, I’m so mad I wasn’t there for this episode.”

“It’s no big deal Seo, you had a schedule. We totally understood.”

“Yeah Seohyunie, don’t beat yourself up over it. There will be plenty more,” Jessi added while smiling at our maknae.

We both knew she took things too hard even though she shouldn’t. She was really sorry she couldn’t be there, but everyone understood. Even the PD didn’t mind for he knew she had to be somewhere else.

“I know it’s ju-uh whaa-,” she said as she moved to the side a little. She then pulled a phone from under her leg. “Tiffany unnie your phone is vibrating. Sorry, I must have sat on it.”

I quickly took it from her hand. “It’s not your fault. I shouldn’t have laid it there.” I then opened up the message I had been expecting.

Text Message
From: Taeyeon

Of course! I always watch everything you’re on. Plus, I heard there’s going to be this extremely attractive guy on there tonight. *_*

I slightly blushed at his comment, but then laughed aloud at the second half of the text. He was such a dork. We had been texting each other ever since the filming of Hello Baby. At first it was just a few words here and there or asking about each other’s group, more recently though he has gotten bolder. It’s been more lively and, uh what’s the right word…cute? Every now and then he would slip in a compliment or two. He seemed to always brighten my mood. I typed my reply.

Text Message
To: Taeyeon

Do you really? We are too! We always get together and watch the shows were on, it’s become sort of like a habit. Oh yeah? I heard that too, they said that he was a little short, but still pretty cute. ^^

“What’s so funny Tiff,” I heard Jessi ask me from beside Seohyun.

“Aniyo, it’s nothing.”

“Oh come on, if it were nothing you wouldn’t be blushing like that,” Sunny accused while walking toward the sofa with a bowl of popcorn. I saw her smirking at me. Oh no, am I really blushing?

 “Who were you texting Tiff?” I looked at Jessica just as she opened to talk again. “I swear on everything if it’s Nichkhun again I will personally murder you.” She really did look like she could kill me right then and there.

“Unnie! I thought you two were over,” a concerned Seohyun said bringing my attention to her.

“Ugh!” I said loudly. I couldn’t believe that they thought I was talking to him again. That has been over for at least a year. We only dated for a month or two, it was never even official. The two months we did date though were more than long enough for me to see that he was a big jerk. “It’s not Nichkhun!”

“Then who?” Jessica yelled at me.

Before I could answer I felt someone grabbing my hand and then quickly run away. “Sunny what th- GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE!” I now understand why she did that. She literately just stole my phone. Wait a minute why am I being this defensive about it? There’s nothing wrong with texting my friends. I would have told them who it was if they would have let me get around to it right?

I heard Jessi squeal and cheer her on.

I stood up to go chase her down but then decided against it, I figured she would come back in in a few minutes and say something about it to me anyway. I sat back down and waited for her to come out of hiding.

“Oh my god! Tiffany, really? Kim Taeyeon.”

It didn’t take long.

“Taeyeon oppa?”

“So what? He’s our friend, they all are,” I explained. It seriously wasn’t a big deal.

“I don’t go around telling my new guy friends how cute they are,” she said with a smirk. I saw Jessi and Seohyun both turn and look at me.

Right, there was that.

“We’re friends guys, he has been giving me tips on Kyungsan!”

“MMhmm,” Sunny voiced while handing my phone back to me.

“We missed the first five minutes, now be quite,” Seohyun scolded us.

She was right, we were now to the part where the boys were about to arrive. I pulled out my phone again to text Taeyeon and I had one unread message. Ahh! I totally forgot to text him back.

Text Message
From: Taeyeon

YAH, I’m not that short! It’s just that Soo and Yul are giants, and yes I really do.  Hah that’s what we are doing too. It’s like were at the cinemas or something.

I then started to type my reply.

Text Message
To: Taeyeon

Haha right? Sunny even made popcorn! ^^ How does it feel to watch yourself?

 

“I will give it to you though Tiffany, you do always pick the cute ones,” Sunny teased.

“Oh my god, it’s not even like that,” I said while shaking my head. I turned my attention back to the show.

A few minutes later Seohyun spoke. “Wow, Kyungsan has really grown a lot.”

“I know look how cute he is when he smiles now,” I said. It was at a scene where we were all discussing the plans for today and Taeyeon was zoned out focusing on playing with the baby.

“Who? Kyungsan or Taeyeon?” I should have known someone was going to say something.

“Aish Jessi shut up.”

A while has passed and now it was just me and Kyungsan on the screen.

“Ahh this is when he started hiccupping!”

“Jinjja?”

“Yeah he wouldn’t stop, it was so funny. Ahh look at him.”

We all started giggling about how cute the baby was being. Just then Taeyeon came back into frame. It was so weird to watch this from a different perspective.

“Omo,” Jessica uttered.

Omo, was right. I had never noticed just how attractive Kim Taeyeon was.  I saw him grinning at me while I wasn’t looking at him. He looked really satisfied, until I spoke and startled him.

It then cut to a commercial.

I stood up. I needed to get out of that room quick. “Anyone else want something to drink?”  I heard two answers as I walked to our kitchen. I got three bottles of water and came back the sofa.

I then felt my phone buzz.

Text Message
From: Taeyeon

It’s so weird to watch myself. Is it always this awkward? O_O I hope not. Oh, uh did you really mean what you said earlier? About me being cute or whatever…I’m just wondering.

Oh no, what do I even say to that? I decided not to text him back after that. I could just say I didn’t get it. Right! Good idea Tiff. I smiled to myself.

“Ahh its back on!”

I turned my attention to the screen where I saw it was still Taeyeon and I. I mentally cursed the editors. There was a whole other group of people you could be showing. Aish.

As we watched I could see Sunny smirking at me out of the corner of my eye again. I tried my hardest to focus on someone else, I unfortunately chose Taeyeon. I tried to change again but whenever I did it just kept bring me back to think about him.

I couldn’t help thinking that he was being so sweet and patient with me the whole time we were filming. It was different; filming with other guys was never like this. They always either just did the task for me or got annoyed when I couldn’t. I felt my face begin to flush. Omo, what is this?

I was glad when it was the end of my screen time for now. It cut to the grocery store team just then.

“Seriously Tiff, that wasn’t ‘nothing’,” Jessica said evenly. I didn’t even want to look at Sunny, I knew would have something to say.

She was right though, that sure was something. I didn’t know what, but I was definitely sure I wanted to push it find out.

 

Text Message
To: Taeyeon

100%

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Short update! I know, I'm sorry!
The next one is going to be long though, I promise! ^^

Don't be afraid to comment and let me know what you think!