Ideal

Into the New World

 

 

It was around 11 am and I heard my phone ringing from across the room. I hurriedly scurried to pick it up, just in time too.

“Yeboseyo!” 

“Tae! What took you so long?”

“Hey what are you talking about? I know you didn’t just wake up,” I said with an accusing tone.

“Yah…I was bathing and then afterward my manager showed up with a surprise meeting.” She sounded very annoyed as she spoke the last bit. I guess she got a scolding as well. My manager was not happy at all about the ‘surprise’ call from Tiffany either.

“Did he lay down the law too?” I laughed at my own terminology.

I heard her giggle a little as well before responding. “Yeah. If I contact or mention you again on television again he said he will tell the President and I think he means it this time.” I heard her then sigh.

It made me a little sad honestly. I really hoped she didn’t regret being with me like this. I know since we were both idols it would be a thousand times harder to be together, but I thought we would at least be able to be together secretly. Now they didn’t even want us to do that. I could feel my anger rising, so I tried to take a deep breath to calm myself.

I mean what did they want us to do? Go public with it ourselves? At least let us sneak around jeesh.

“Tae? Taeyeon!”

“Err uh what?”

“Taeyeon did you hear anything I just said?”

“No,” I replied shamefully. “I was thinking. I’m sorry!”

“Oh well, it doesn’t matter. What are you doing today?”

I hit my forehead a few times before responding. Gosh! How could you not listen to her pabo!

“We’re supposed to be working out until noon and then we have practice until four or five and then-“

“And then you’re coming to our comeback performance tonight right?”

I grimaced as soon as I heard how excited she sounded. It’s not that I forgot or anything it was just that…

“Fany-ah, we found out this morning that we have a schedule tonight. I think he was purposely not telling us.”

“Uh Tae~ I really wanted you to be there,” she whined cutely.

“Tiffany you know I would be there if I could… but you know, there is a plus to this.”

“What could possibly be a plus of this Kim Taeyeon?”

I smiled at how she was starting to get worked up. “Because~,” I said putting an extra emphasis on the word. “I’ll get to talk about how pretty you are all night.”

“What are you talking about?” Not only was she still a little angry, but she was confused now too. I really wish I could see her face right now. I bet her expression was adorable.

“We’re going to the show where they always have the guests do the Ideal World Cup!” I paused to see if she was going to say anything. Not hearing a sound I continued. “And every time you pop up on the screen I can gush about how beautiful my girlfriend is.”

“Tae,” she said softly. I could tell by her voice she was smiling now. “You can’t do that! You’ll get us in trouble.” All her anger was definitely gone now.

“By who? It’s a television show where they are asking us to pick people based on looks Fany-ah, I can totally get away with calling you cute a few times.”

“Uhh Tae~ just don’t do anyth-“

“I mean unless you want me to pick someone else...”

“Kim Taeyeon don’t you dare,” she said in a very harsh tone that made me laugh so hard. “Yah, don’t laugh at me!”

“I can’t help it Fany-ah, you’re cute when you’re angry. Ouch!” I felt something hit against my leg. I’m not sure why I even said ouch, it didn’t hurt at all. I guess that was just my reaction to being hit with inanimate objects. I laughed a little at myself before looking to see where it came from.

“What happened Taetae?”

“Oh it was nothi-“ I the saw who was responsible. Sooyoung was giving me a peculiar look while jerking his head is a certain direction. What in the world? I looked to where he was nodding and omo. I almost dropped the phone.

It was our manager, and he was coming my way.

“Taeyeon wha-“

“I have to go. Hyung is here. I love you. Bye.”  I quickly hung up and set the phone back down and quickly stood up almost running right in to him. “Oh, sorry Hyung. I didn’t-“

“Who was that Taeyeon,” he said with a stern voice.

Quick Taeyeon think! Think!

“I-it was my mom, my little sister really wanted to talk to me. I’m sorry Hyung. I’ve told them a hundred times not to call me and that I would call th-”

“It’s fine Tae, just get back to work, alright?” His voice had changed 100%. I looked at his face and could see that he completely bought it. He almost looked sympathetic. I did kind of feel bad that I did have to lie to him and that I brought my mother in to it, but he deserved it. He can’t keep me from Tiffany.

I nodded to him and continued my exercise routine.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was almost 6pm before I knew it. We were all back home at the dorm getting cleaned up and ready for our schedule later.

I walked in to our living room area to see what the other two were up to since I was the last one to shower. I found a sleeping Yuri and Sooyoung on the sofa. That wasn’t actually a bad idea, we did have an hour or so to kill before we were being picked up to go to our next schedule, but I couldn’t. The show that SNSD was having their comeback performance on started in about five minutes and if I couldn’t be there I wanted to at least watch her on the television.

I grabbed some fruit from the kitchen and went to sit on the sofa with them.

“Oh hey Taengo,” Sooyoung said after yawning.

I smiled. “Hey, sorry I woke you. I just wanted to watch Tiffany.”

“Ohh right! Their comeback is today right?” I nodded. “Good, I can watch Sica too.”

I laughed. He has had a crush on Jessica Jung ever since I could remember and he has yet to do anything about it. I know she clearly wasn’t the easiest to get along with, but she has become our friend recently. I guess that’s the first step.

“How’s it going with her anyway?”

“What? Oh Jessica?” I nodded yet again. “Good.” My brows rose in shock of this news. “She’s totally in to me.” I busted out laughing after that.

I couldn’t help myself. He couldn’t be serious. “You wish,” I said in between laughs.

“I’m serious Taeyeon, she doesn’t know it yet, but were meant to be.” He sounded so confident in himself. It was weird though, he looked very serious.

“Alright alright!” I put my hands up in defeat.

We continued watching the music show waiting for SNSD’s performance. I knew Sooyoung was right when he said that their probably going to be last since it’s such a big deal that they are coming back. The Nation’s Girl Group releasing a new album? Yeah, they were everywhere.

“You know,” Sooyoung said breaking the silence. “There are rumors that he and Seohyun are dating.”

I looked to the screen to see who he was referring to. I saw CNBLUE preforming and immediately knew who he was talking about.

“Oh you mean the guy she fake married?”

“Yeah! I’ve heard it was real though too.”

“Hmm, I’ll see if Tiffany knows anything about it next time I see her.”

“How fun would that show be though? Wouldn’t you want to be on it?”

What in the world is he talking about? “Music Core?  We’re going to be there next week?”

“No pabo! We Got Married. How fun would that be?”

I thought about it for a second. It would be amazing to be able to hold Tiffany’s hand in front of thousands of people. Doing cute things with her and getting paid for it would be one of the best things ever.

“You’re right I would love to be on that show with Fany-ah. It would be amaz-“

“What if you didn’t get Tiffany though?”

Oh yeah. I did not think about that. Not only would I never want to do that, the poor girl that got paired up with me would have an instant death wish. I haven’t experienced her full wrath yet, but I’m sure it isn’t anything to take lightly.

“No, I wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t her. What about you, who are a few you would you want to get?” I was curious to see who else he would say besides the obvious.

“Well Jessica of course, and then I would be okay with any of my friends because we’d just get to hang out all the time. Like Sunny, or Hyuna or someone like that.”

I got taken back by the mention of Hyuna. I always forget that he is actually really good friends with her. Apparently they knew each other from even before debut. He didn’t even tell us until about a month ago when we ran into 4minute at an event. I don’t know how something like that just ‘slips’ your mind but –

“Oh hey here they are!”

I quickly turned my attention to the screen in front of us. They played a little intro video and then went to them on stage. My eyes were quickly drawn to Tiffany who was wearing a tight blue shirt and very short white shorts showing off some of her best assets. I could not take my eyes off of her. She was seriously attractive. Not long after they started they zoomed in on her and I could see that see was wearing the couple necklace I had got for us a while back. That made me even happier, and I didn’t even know that was possible after seeing her in those shorts. I mean uh… what?

“Wow this song is super catchy though,” I heard Sooyoung say from beside me.

He was right. Ever since it came out I have been catching myself singing it. A minute or two later the song ended and I had a smile on my face. They did really well, Tiffany especially. No dancing mistakes or anything. I know she had been really worried about that since she was usually, I mean, always the one to mess up. I pulled out my phone to send her a text.

Text Message
To: Fany

You were amazing Fany-ah! You didn’t miss a single step, plus you looked VERY good in your stage outfit. *_*  

I hit send and went to put my phone away when I felt it vibrate suddenly. Did she really reply that fast? I opened my phone.

Text Message
From: Manager Hyung

I’m outside in the van, hurry up.

“Ah!” I stood straight up after I read it. I totally forgot about the schedule. “Soo! Wake up Yuri! Hyung is downstairs!” I quickly grabbed my jacket and put on my shoes and saw that the other two were almost ready as well.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not long after we were backstage at the studio we would be filming in today. A woman who was probably a little older than us then came and told us to follow her. As we were sitting on stage waiting for the MCs and crew to set up the final preparations I couldn’t help but think about what my manager had said on the way here. His words rang in my head. ‘Taeyeon don’t pick Tiffany. We don’t need any more rumors.’ First off, what rumors? I didn’t even know there were any out there, and secondly, I was totally picking Tiffany. I know I should listen to my manager and everything blah blah, but with this I want going to back down.

We didn’t even know how they were going to do it tonight as we’ve seen it both ways. Sometimes they let each individual member do their own and then usually they have the group as a whole decide. So I might not even have to worry about his words.

A few minutes later everyone was in place and I heard music begin signaling the start of the show.

“The time has finally come. It’s time to find out TYS’s ideal type. Ideal Type World Cup!” The MC said energetically and everyone cheered. “Is it true that you haven’t revealed your ideal type ever before?”

“Yes, no one has ever asked us specifically,” I said.

“Yeah, it’s always been situational, like who is our favorite out of this group or this cast? It’s never been free choice,” Sooyoung added.

“Ahh, this will be very fun then,” the female MC said.

“You guys have been big candidates recently though on our show.”

“Oh really?” Yuri asked.

“Ne, a few of you have made it pretty far with some of the other idols and groups,” the MC explained.

“Oh wow, we had no idea. Thank you,” I said and laughed a little.

“In private though you all must talk about which idol groups you like the best, or which kind of style you like, or who appeals the most to you right?”

“Of course, who doesn’t?” Sooyoung asked earning a round of laughter.

“We only talk about that kind of stuff when it’s only us though.”

“Ahh, today you must reveal it all”, the female MC said again with a smirk this time.

“That’s right, alright it’s time! TYS Ideal Type World Cup top 32! Here we go.”

A while later after many eliminations we were down to our final eight people. I’m sure our manager was really pleased right now because we had been doing it as a whole and not individually. I hadn’t even got to compliment Tiffany once.

“Alright! TYS’s final eight!”

“It’s getting harder right?”

“Yeah it’s getting really tough,” Yuri answered.

“Well it’s about to get even harder.”

We all looked at each other not really sure where this was going. Were they going to add more people in? What was going to-

“From here out you three will decide on your own. Since we have extra time, and your ideal type has never been revealed we are going to do it here and now.”

I looked to my manager and his face had completely dropped from a couple of minutes ago. He looked worried now.

“Okay and who wants to go first?” the male MC asked pulling me back to focus.

I sure as heck didn’t want to go first. I looked at Yuri who was looking at me and we had the same idea.

“Maknae!” We said in unison as we pushed him up from his seat. There was a round of laughs before the MC spoke again.

“Alright Sooyoung-ssi. Let’s get started. Let’s pull up the first two.”

Pictures of SNSD’s Sunny and KARA’s Hara came on the screen.

“Oooh. Alright 1 2 3. Ahh Sunny-ssi! Why Sunny-ssi?”

“Look s even look surprised!” She was right, I for sure was. I really didn’t expect that from him.

“Ne, I just think Sunny has a really charming personality, and a great smile.”

“You’re right. Okay the next two.” Pictures of SNSD’s Jessica and her sister Krystal from f(x) were now there.

Sooyoung had immediately hit the button indicating Jessica.

“Whoa you didn’t even let me introduce them,” the MC marveled. “Why did you pick Jessica so fast?”

“I uh think she’s really attractive.” A round of ooohs and awws then came.

“Has he always liked Jessica-ssi?”

“Ne, even since before we debuted he’s always had a crush on her.”

“Yeah, she still doesn’t know..”

“Well she does now,” The MC said with a laugh.

Soon it was down to his final two. After School’s Juyeon had won over Yoona the actress but then got beat again by Sunny and then KARA’s Gyuri had won over Tiffany, which I still didn’t understand, but then lost again to Jessica.

“Alright, The final two! SNSD’s Sunny-ssi and Jessica-ssi. Is it weird that you know both of them? If I’m not mistaken your groups are pretty close to each other.”

“Yeah we are pretty close, but I don’t think it’s that weird,” Sooyoung answered. “I mean they are SNSD.” He had a point. I’m sure one of them was chosen as almost everyone’s ideal type.

The MCs laughed before continuing. “Okay 1, 2, 3… and it’s SNSD’s Jessica!”

“Woow! Is there anything you’d like to say to her right now? Here let’s do a video message.”

Oh no. I hope I wouldn’t have to do that for Tiffany. What would I even say?

“Uhh, wha… okay. Jessica, I know this is a surprise, so uh… don’t get angry and hit me when you find out!”

“Hit you?!”

“Yeah when she gets angry or scared she usually hits or kicks things! When we watch them on television shows she always does something to that effect.”

“You’re right, I’ve seen it myself a few times,” one of the MCs added as we all laughed.

“Alright let’s bring the next one of you up. Let’s just do it by age, so Yuri-ssi come on up here.”

He walked to the little podium they had set up in the middle of the room where Sooyoung had just been.

Eventually he was down to his final two as well, the actress Yoona and f(x)’s Krystal.

“Alright Yuri-ssi, the only actress left in the top eight, or f(x)’s maknae. Are you ready?”

“Yeah I am,” he said confidently.

“Do you two know who he will pick?”

Of course we knew, but we couldn’t be that straight forward about it right now could we?

“Yeah I think I know who he’ll pick,” Sooyoung said from beside me.

I nodded. “Yeah I think so too.”

“Ahh does he often talk about one of these particular ladies?”

“Very often,” Sooyoung said as he started laughing which only caused me to laugh as well.

“Alright, Yuri-ssi. 1, 2, 3! Yoona-ssi! Wow! Do you have anything to say to her now? Look in the camera here.”

“Uh alright. Yoona-ssi, hello. We’ve met before but I don’t know if you remember me, and uhm if you’re looking for a male lead role opposite you I would gladly do it! Please give TYS lots of love. Thank you!”

“Preferably one with a kissing scene right?” The MC teased.

“Aniyo, aniyo! Any of them would be fine with me.” We all laughed at the joke and then it was the time I was dreading the most.

“Alright now let’s bring Taeyeon-ssi up here, the leader of TYS which is the newest and biggest hit in the k-pop scene right now.”

“Oh thank you. I don’t know if I would call us the biggest though,” I said modestly as I walked to the podium between the MCs. We were pretty big stars right now, that were true, but I didn’t know how long our time in the spotlight would last or anything so I didn’t want to get too ahead of myself.

“Oh come on! Your song ‘Beautiful Stranger’ is still huge after what a month or so?”

“Ahh yeah that’s about right,” I said agreeing. It was true we hadn’t dropped out of the top ten songs yet and there had been many new releases since.

 “I hear it’s even more popular among the foreign fans,” the second MC came in. That wasn’t entirely true. It was popular overseas, but the song was still more popular over here in Korea.

“Yeah, it is pretty well known overseas. We haven’t had the chance to go there yet though, so I’m hoping we’ll get to meet some fans over there if we do go.”

“Alright, I’m sure since you’re now one of new leading guys in the k-pop world all your fans are interested in your ideal type, so here we go!”

The pictures of Juyeon and Yoona were now on the screen. I thought about it for a second. Yoona was very pretty no doubt, but Juyeon had very cute dimples that in the end won me over. I figured since I knew that no one could beat my Tiffany in the end it didn’t really matter how we got there. On the count of three I selected Juyeon and told them my reasoning.

“So it has nothing to do with Yoona-ssi being Yuri’s ideal?”

I laughed, I didn’t even think of that. “Aniyo, I really think dimples in general are very cute.”  There was a round of laughter and then the MC spoke again.

“Alright let’s bring up the next two. Ooh.”

Sunny and KARA’s Hara were now of the screen. I really had to think about this one. In my mind Hara won, but could I admit that? Tiffany might get mad, after all she wasn’t too pleased with Hara after the Invincible Youth situation. On the other hand my manager would probably want me to stay away from SNSD as a whole, and he didn’t ever disagree with the PD about me choosing Hara on the show…

“Hmm,” I voiced. “This is hard.” An idea then came to me.

“Okay. 1, 2, 3! Hara-ssi!”

“Sorry Sunny!” I apologized while looking at the camera.

 “Alright moving on. Ooh the battle of the Jung sisters again. Ready 1, 2, 3!”

I hit the button quickly, he barely gave me any time to think on that one.

“Oooh the younger sister wins again!”

“Sorry Jessica! Don’t hurt me!”

“Right! The girl who hits! Alright let’s keep going.” I knew who was coming up next and I also knew it would be the easiest choice I’ve made all night.

Tiffany’s face popped up beside KARA’s Gyuri.

“Do you know who you’re picking here?”

“Yeah I already know,” I said confidently as I hit the button.

“Oooh Tiffany-ssi! Why did you pick Tiffany?”

“Her eye smile literately melts me.”

“You’re right she has one of the best smiles I’ve seen.”

 “Hey isn’t Tiffany-ssi from America?”

“She is,” another MC quickly answered. I knew where this was going.

“Do you think perhaps she is the beautiful stranger from their song?”

“Oooh she could be. Taeyeon-ssi would you like to tell us who your mystery stranger is?”

“Uh, I’d rather not?” I said and earned some laughter from the people around.

“Alright then,” the MC said after laughing himself. “It’s the semi-finals!”

I picked Hara over Juyeon and then Tiffany over Krystal. I saw out of the corner of my eye that our manager was staring right at me with a very uh, irritated expression. I did leave Hara in the final two for his sake though.

“Okay now it is Hara-ssi and Tiffany-ssi. Are you ready?”

“Ne,” I said as I gave my manager one quick look. I hit the button and the screen signaled that Tiffany had won.

“Oh wow Tiffany-ssi! Would you like to say anything to her?”

“Sure,” I said. I didn’t really know what to say to her. This was sort of an awkward situation. I couldn’t even imagine what would happen if I just revealed it all here right now. Dropping a little ‘I love you’ would definitely stir up some drama.

“Tiffany I’m not sure if you knew this or not, but uh please keep smiling and I hope your new album is well received? Wow this is so awkward because we’re friends with them,” I said more directed toward the MCs who just started laughing and agreeing with me.

I sat back down and then the MCs started talking again.  “Alright thank you TYS for being here, we hope that your success continues on in the future and that you can come back and see us!”

“We will try,” Yuri said with a charming smile.  We then thanked them in unison and there was a signal that they were done recording. We thanked the crew and staff and then handed over or mics.

Our manager was silent for a while, besides the chatting with the crew and staff at the studio. Once we got in the van to go to our dorm all that changed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Thank you to everyone that continues to follow my story!
Dont forget to comment, vote, or subscribe!^^
I hope everyone has a Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas!
메리 크리스마스!