Six

Be My Wife

 

 

Yonghwa doesn’t look good and Shinhye wants to hit her head on anything to feel better.

She saw how tensed he is; his jaw clenched but he remains calm.

“Why?”

He asked, finally and the doctor heave a breath.

“I’m sorry.”

Shinhye said, clasping her hand together and nervously wait for him to talk more.

“How long it was?”

Now he asked the doctor and she looks at Shinhye before she answers.

“3 weeks.”

Yonghwa nods and the close doctor of them both left them after he thanked her.

“Why would you take the pill?”

He asked Shinhye and she was quiet.

Shinhye raised her head and finally saw how disappointed Yonghwa is.

“You should tell me if it’s tiring. We could use another way.”

“I’m sorry.”

Is all she can say at the moment.

Yonghwa shakes his head.

“I know you are tired but.”

He couldn’t go on and runs his lean fingers along his hair.

“You should rest.”

He stood to walk but Shinhye caught his hand, eyes teary.

“I’m sorry Yong. I.”

“Rest.”

He said, removing her hand from holding him and pats her shoulder before he walks out of the ward.

Though it was not harsh but still it leave marks in Shinhye’s heart.

That was the first time.

The very first time Yonghwa shows his back to Shinhye.

And she knows it’s her fault.

“Yonghwa yaa. Mianhe.”

She sobs as she holds her tummy.

She just killed her own baby.

She is a killer.


***


“Are you sure?”

“Of course.”

Minho said as he puts on the baby carrier.

“You can place her in now.”

“It might be tiring.”

Sulli said as she place her daughter in the baby carrier that Minho was wearing on his front.

“You carry them for 9 months without complaint yeobo.”

He said, smiling.

“That’s different but you should try at least right Minri ahh.”

She then crouches to Yoogeun and held out her hand.

“Do you want to walk with omma?”

“Neh!”

Yoogeun excitedly answers and kisses Sulli’s cheek before he holds her hand with his small one.

“Sulli ah. Palli. Minri is excited.”

Minho said and she smiled when Minri kicks her legs excitedly.

“Coming.”

Sulli answers and walks with Yoogeun who has the brightest smile on his face.

“Where should we go for a start?”

“Breakfast oppa. Then we should go to the school.”

“Alright madam.”

Minho answers while he salute at her and the family of four began their adventure in Busan.


***


“Yong.”

Yonghwa walks to Sungjin’s room instead of answering her and she told her twins to go to their room before she went to their room and waited.

Yonghwa comes in after few minutes and he still has the disappointed look.

Shinhye sadly watch as he pulls a face towel and head to the bathroom.

She heard he splashes water, maybe washing his face and he takes time in there.

“Yonghwa ya.”

She called again and he comes out, giving her a smile but the smile doesn’t look like a smile.

It displays sad and hurt.

Yonghwa stood frozen, he was trying to not sound too broken.

“I actually saw the medicine. But I don’t take it seriously. I thought you bought that and was going to discuss it with me. So I wait. But.”

He chuckles, shaking his head.

“Right. I am disappointed Shin. I tried to think of another reason why am I acting this way but nothing seems to suit it.”

Shinhye pulls Yonghwa’s hand and she clasps them with hers, taking it to her forehead and she cried.

“I’m selfish. I’m sorry.”

She said, sobbing.

“You used to tell me everything. So why? Why suddenly you keep it from me? And it’s something big.”

He asks, his voice is still soft and calm.

Shinhye slowly raised her head, wiping her tears on her rosy cheek as she stares onto her husband face.

“I. I don’t know what to say. I know it’s my fault. I shouldn’t eat that control pills at first. I was too selfish. I thought that we shouldn’t have another baby very soon.”

Shinhye then shakes her head in guilty.

“I’m sorry Yong. My excuses doesn’t change the fact that I just kill our baby.”

“No.”

Yonghwa said, hugging his wife

“My wife is not a killer.”

“I made you disappointed in me. I’m mean.”

“I’m sorry. I should have known. I failed.”

“It’s not your fault. You are busy too. I should have discuss it with you.”

“Shin ah. Remember, you are my priorities. You can tell me anything. Just anything. So please, share it with me. I might be busy at the office, but I always have time for you. You know it too that I never bring back business matter home. I don’t want to burden you more. I know you are tired. I know our daughters give you hard time and you are tired taking care of Sung Jin. I know you are trying your best to be the best mother to them. I appreciate all that. I’m disappointed, yes, but more to myself. I’m mad at myself that I neglect you. I made you come to this decision. I should have treat you better. I failed as a husband, as a lover, as a man.”

He sighs and frowns.

This is her Yonghwa.

This is Shinhye’s Yongie.

He never once blame Shinhye in anything.

“Oh Yong. Why? Why you never blame me? It’s my fault.”

“I’m thankful Shin ah. I can do well because I have you. I can’t imagine life without you. You are too precious. I love you so much that it hurts. It hurts that I made you suffer.”

Shinhye shakes her head and cups Yonghwa’s face.

He wasn’t mad at her.

He was mad at himself.

“What have I done to deserve you Yonghwa ya?”

She whispers as she leans her face close to his.

“Shin ah. Mianhe.”

“No. This time, it’s my fault so please forgive me Yongie. Don’t argue because you didn’t do anything.”

Yonghwa nods and Shinhye kisses his lips slowly before she hugs him so tight so that they can never be separated.


***


“Eh?”

Sulli chuckles at Minho’s reaction and crouched to Yoogeun’s eye level.

“Appa used to miss omma too much that he crave this here.”

Minho grins as he scratch his head.

When Sulli left for Seoul before, he used to come to this tree and craves his and Sulli’s name.

“Why miss omma? Appa and omma can’t see each other?”

“At that time, omma lives in Seoul, and appa stays here.”

Yoogeun keep nodding his head and Minho sat beside Sulli, making Minri sat on his lap.

“How did you find this?”

“When I taught here. I saw this accidentally.”

“But you didn’t show me last time we came.”

“I know we will eventually come here again.”

Sulli said, smiling.

Minho smiles too, staring at the old tree that has a lot of his memory.

‘I should go to Seoul’

‘I fall in love too late’

He chuckles.

“I was childish then.”

“That one is more childish.”

I’m going to marry her at all cost.’

“Ahh right. I am so determined then. And I end up married you.”

“Deh.”

“Omma, can I play there?”

Yoogeun asks as he hold his soccer ball.

“Sure. Appa will play with you.”

“Yes buddy. Come let’s go.”

Minho kisses Sulli and Minri head before he and Yoogeun plays at the field.

Sulli smiles when Yoogeun laughs frantically and kisses Minri’s nose when she blinks at her.

“We’ll come back here when you are older okay.”

Minri just cackle in response and Sulli continues to look at the writing on the tree with a huge smile on her face.


***


5 years later


“Sung Jin! Come back here.”

“Slowly Jaehee ah. Don’t shout.”

“No. He has to apologize!”

“He is not doing that on purpose.”

“Stop taking his side unni. He had become mischievous because you always helps him.”

“Nunaaaa.”

Jae Hee stops Jae Eun when she wants to help her dongsaeng.

“Unni, no. I work so hard in melting the chocolate but he eats all of them.”

“I’m sorry nuna.”

“Aishh. Gurae.”

Jae Hee said as she pick another pack of chocolate and get her grandmother to help her again.

Jae Hee and Jae Eun is making a cake, with Mrs. Jung help to welcome the new addition to Jung family.

Shinhye had given birth to a baby boy and was coming home today.

The girls had been busy all this morning , trying to present their mother with the family favourite chocolate cake.

Jae Eun left Jae Hee with her grandmother to help Sungjin washes his face and mouth.

“Have you done drawing for mommy?”

“Deh. Will baby likes soccer like SungJin?”

“Maybe he will.”

Jae Eun said and pats his head.

“Be a good boy so that Jae Hee nuna won’t scold you anymore okay.”

“Neh.”

He answers and Jae Eun smiles before she leaves Sungjin and helps Jae Hee and Mrs. Jung.


***


“Are you ready to go home?”

“Of course. I miss the rascals.”

Shinhye said and puts on the shoes.

Minho helps her with the bag and Yonghwa helps her walk while Sulli cradles the new baby who was his thumb cutely.

Minri quietly follows her mother while looking around.

“I think the girls must be doing something at home.”

Shinhye said with a chuckle.

“It’s obvious doesn’t it?”

Sulli said and both women laughs.

And yes, as soon as they arrived, Jae Hee and Jae Eun shouts a surprise while Sungjin held up a drawing paper which he wrote a welcome home mommy and baby.

While they were happily welcoming the new baby, Minri who was fascinates at how little the baby is went to her mother and asks Sulli to buy her a baby just like Shinhye’s new baby which make them all burst in a laughter.

“We should grant Minri wish right yeobo?”

Minho teased and Sulli still blush cutely just like how she would before.

Things changes, their family grew bigger but they are still who they are before.

They had been through thick and thin of life and many challenges in their marriage but Yonghwa, Shinhye, Minho and Sulli overcome them all and are happy with the life God choose for them to live in.

Of course life has it up and down.

We just have to do what best to do if we want to have a better life.

 

 

 

 

 

The End.


Sorry if the ending is not dramatic/cheesy/sweet at all, I tried my best to give you guys a great ending and I could only manage this much.

Thank you for staying with me through this ride.

My first story that was full of emotions will still be the best one for me.

Annyeong lovelies.

Hugs and kisses to all of you! ♡♡♡♡♡