The Result

Be My Wife

 

 

 

“Chinca? Is my husband’s sickness got to do with my pregnancy?”

“In some case, yes.”

The doctor answers shortly and plaster a sweet smile to them.

“Thank you doctor. You had give us the best news ever.”

Minho stands and shakes the doctor’s hand before he bow to her.

“Don’t be so formal Mr. Choi. It’s my job.”

She pats Minho’s shoulder.

“Mr. Choi, will you please stay here for a moment, I need to do further check-ups on your wife.”

“Deh.”

The doctor and Sulli walks into a room.

“Please lie down. I need to do some check up.”

She smiles and helps Sulli lay down on the bed.

“I will handle a pap smear to check for abnormalities of the cervix. Just relax neh Mrs. Choi. It’s just a normal check-up.”

Sulli nods and relax herself.

When she finishes the pap-smear, the doctor do a pelvic exam to check the size and shape of Sulli’s uterus.

“Okay Mrs. Choi. Please stand here, my nurse wil take your weight.”

Sulli straighten her dress and step up on the weighing scale. The doctor then read her blood pressure and glucose before they head to the doctor’s room.

“Okay, everything is normal. You have to come frequently to check for the baby growth. I’ll give the date for your next checkup.”

“Deh doctor.”

Minho answers smiling. The doctor turn her attention to Sulli.

“Towards the end of the first trimester, you'll feel like urinating more often as your growing uterus pushes on your bladder. You may leak a little urine when you cough or sneeze because of the extra pressure on your bladder. You might feel moody, forgetful or unable to concentrate. These symptoms can be caused by fatigue, pregnancy hormones, and the emotions that can go along with being pregnant. You should be mentally prepare for that too Mr. Choi. We don’t know when will her moods change. You must be patient and handle it maturely. Always remember that it is all cause by her hormone changes.”

“Deh doctor. I will remember that. Is there anything else that we should know?”

“That’s all. I’ll give you the list of food that she must not take during this first trimester. Follow it accordingly. And one more thing. Even though Mr. Choi is the one who suffers from morning sickness now but remember that you are the one who is pregnant. Nausea or vomiting may strike anytime during the day or night. So, try eating frequent, small meals and avoid greasy foods. Keep crackers by your bed to eat before getting up. It will lessen your nausea.”

“Deh doctor. I will remember that.”

Sulli smiles at the doctor.

“Okay I will prescribe you with some vitamins that you should take neh Mrs. Choi. Make sure you take folic acid every day during your pregnancy. Folic acid can help prevent problems with your baby's brain and spinal cord.”

They thanks the doctor before walking out of the room. Minho helps Sulli sit down before settling himself beside her.

“Sulli ya. I’m so happy. We will be getting a baby in few months.”

Minho took her hand and caresses it with his thumb.

“Deh oppa. I’m happy too. I’ll become a mother and you will become a father.”

Sulli smiles beautifully.

“Thank god you called omma. If she didn’t say about your pregnancy, we won’t be here for test today.”

“Deh oppa. I forget about my last date too. I didn’t even realize I’ve missed my period.”

Sulli smiles shyly.

They wait for few minutes before the receptionist call out her name. minho drove to his parents home straight away to tell them about the news.

                                                                       ***

“It’s positive omma.”

Sulli said to Mrs. Choi who has been anticipating their news since this morning. She pulls Sulli in a tight hug before releasing her a moment later.

“How far is it?”

“4 weeks.”

“Ah chinca? You should be more careful dear. Why don’t you stay here? You can go home after you feel better.”

“Kenchana omma. I’m okay. I don’t want to burden you and appa.”

Minho chuckle when he heard Sulli’s word. She still the same Sulli, not wanting to burden anyone.

“Let we stay in our house omma. She will be more comfortable.”

“But son, she will be all alone there. I will took good care of her here.”

“Kenchana. We will come here if she can’t manage neh.”

Mrs. Choi surrenders at last.

“Deh.”

She turn to Sulli and smiles.

“Do you have anything that you crave for? I’ll cook for you right away.”

“Deh omma.”

“What is it?”

“Spaghetti.”

“Spaghetti?”

“Deh. I feel like eating it like unni usually cook.”

“Ah. I need to asks Shinhye then.”

Minho slaps his forehead before standing up abruptly and went to take his phone in the car. He walks back in few seconds and shove his phone to Sulli.

“Sulli, tell noona about this news.”

“Deh.”

Sulli dialed Shinhye’s number and was greeted by her sweet voice seconds later.

“Hello.”

“Unni. it’s me Sulli.”

“Deh Sulli ya. How are you? Did that kid torture you?”

Shinhye asks jokingly and ended it with a laugh.

“Ani unni. I’m the one who torture oppa.”

Sulli said and glance to Minho who was smiling to her.

“Waeyo? You won’t do that without reason.”

“Unni, are you busy?”

“Ani sweetie. I’m free.”

“I want to eat your spaghetti.”

Sulli heard Shinhye laugh on the other line.

“Aigoo. Do you miss it too? Deh, I’ll cook for you.”

“Unni, I’m in omma’s house.”

“Okay, I’ll be there after I cooked it neh.”

“Okay unni.”

“Why didn’t you tell Shinhye dear?”

“I want to tell her in person omma. Unni will be happy.”

“Is it? Okay. Do as you like Sulli ya. Now, why don’t you rest in the room? You must be tired.”

“Kenchana omma. I’ll sit here.”

“Gurae? Alright. I’ll cook lunch for your appa neh.”

“Deh.”

                                                                       ***

“Unni, it’s delicious.”

“Gomawo Sulli ya. I made it with lots of love.”

Shinhye said with a smile.

“Minho ya, where is ahjumma?”

“She left to take lunch for appa. They are being lovey dovey today.”

Minho chuckle.

“That’s good. I love to see our parents live happily and still love each other even though they had share lives for years.Take them as an example.”

“Deh noona.”

Shinhye turn her attention at Sulli who was eating.

“Is it that good Sulli ya. Usually you had stop eating by now. Is this kid make you starve?”

Sulli nods make Minho widen his eyes.

“Yeobo ya, when did I?”

He asked sadly. Sulli stop eating after she is full. She wipes and went to wash the plates before she heads to the dining table again.

“Oppa. I’m joking.”

Sulli sat beside Minho and link her arm with his. She stare at Shinhye who was smiling at them.

“Unni.”

She pauses and caresses her stomach. She smiles meaningful at Shinhye. Shinhye widen her eyes and cover .

“Don’t tell me.”

“I’m pregnant unni.”

Sulli smiles beautifully, showing how happy she is with the pregnancy.

“Chinca?”

Sulli nods. Shinhye turns to Minho who also smiling to her signaling she was not dreaming.

Shinhye stands up and walks to Sulli. Sulli too stands up and hugs her sister lovingly.

“Congratulations dongsangie. I don’t know how to express this but I’m truly very happy. Is that why you eat that much?”

“Deh unni.”

“Poor you, you must have suffered from morning sickness. Kenchana?”

Shinhye releases her hugs and palm Sulli’s face.

Sulli shakes her head.

“Ani. I did not suffer from it at all.”

Shinhye stare at her confuse.

“But my colleague says that she vomits and get nausea for her first trimester.”

“It’s because I’m the one who catch the morning sickness noona.”

Minho speak after silencing himself.

“Deh?”

Shinhye was confuse once again.

“How can that happen?”

“Oppa was having dizziness and his body felt very weak in last few days. He can’t wake up easily like he always do. We went to a doctor, but he still like that the next day. I was worried, so I asked omma to check on oppa. Omma suspects that oppa sickness have a link to my body changes as she say I’m chubbier than before. Omma asked us to go for a check-up and the results was positive.”

Sulli smiles after the long explanations. Shinhye laughs.

“Ah. so that’s why you say you make him suffer? Kenchana, let him suffer a little.”

“Noona. You did not see my conditions, if you saw, you won’t say this.”

“Ara baby. I’m joking. Opss I can’t call you baby anymore. My baby will be a father in few months.”

Shinhye laughs.

“My niece/nephew will witness my marriage. I’m so happy. Take good care of her Minho. If she complain anything, I’ll beat you.”

Shinhye threaten him jokingly. Minho laughs before nodding his head.

“Arasseo. So, noona. How’s the preparations?”

“It’s half complete. There is still time.”

Shinhye smiles and walks to the living room. She sit on the couch and Sulli took a seat beside her.

“How is hyung? It’s been long since I heard about him.”

“He is fine. Busy as always.”

Shinhye chuckle.

“He is hardworking noona. He is keeping his promise to Jae hyung.

“Deh Minho ya.”

Shinhye glance at her watch before turning her attention to Sulli who sits beside her.

“Sulli, I need to go. I have to fetch him from office today.”

“Is it? Okay unni. Please tell the news to sunbae neh.”

“Deh. Be careful.”

Sulli nods.

“Minho, take care.”

Shinhye hugs Sulli and Minho before she leaves.

Minho hugs Sulli from behind and rested his hand on her stomach. He caresses it and put his head on her shoulder.

“Thank you.”

He whispers and place a kiss on her shoulder.

Sulli nods and put her hand on Minho’s hand before holding it.

“Thanks to you too oppa.”

 

 

 

They are too sweet right?

Hehehe..

Love it or no?

I hope you love it..

^_^