The Fact That Was Hard To Believe

Be My Wife

 

 

 

Shinhye is trembling. Her eyes froze on the screen. Mrs. Park who sits besides her cried upon seeing the news. She wrapped her arm around Shinhye shoulder. Shinhye turns to Mrs. Park. She is not crying. She didn’t want to believe the news.

“It didn’t happen right mom? It’s not happening right? It’s not Oppa’s plane mom. It’s not.”

Minho was watching the late night news when suddenly it reported that the airplane from Seoul had crash in it’s way to German. When he checks the schedule, he was shocked that it was the airplane that Jaejoong aboard. He quickly called Mrs. Park and Shinhye and asked them to watch the news with him.

“Dear. It is the plane. Be patient my dear. Just pray that he will be alright.”

Mrs. Park gives Shinhye a false hope. It clearly said that no passenger is found alive. The plane crashed and burnt.

“Ani mom. I’ll try calling him again.”

Shinhye quickly dialed Jaejoong number with trembling hands. Minho who was sitting on the floor near Shinhye’s leg stands and pulled away her handphone.

“Wae Minho ya. Let me make the call. I want to speak with Jae Oppa.”

Minho put her hands on Shinhye’s both cheeks forcing her to look at him.

“Noona. Listens to me.  Jaejoong hyung will not answer it. He can’t answer the phone.”

“What are you talking about? Why he won’t? He will answer it. Give me my phone back.”

Shinhye grabs her phone from Minho’s hand. She quickly dialed Jaejoong’s number. She was panicked when the phone is switched off. Shinhye’s knees begin to weaken. She fell down to the floor. She clutched her shirt on the chest and she cried.

“Mom. Ottoke. Oppa is not answering. Mom. What do I do mom?”

Mrs. Park knelt down and hugs her daughter.

“My Shinnie. Be strong. Mom is here right.”

Shinhye didn’t stop crying. She cried her heart out on Mrs. Park’s chest. Minho who saw his noona crying for the first time can’t contain his tear anymore. And he cried.

                                                                              ***

“Yongie ya. Kenchana?”

Mrs. Jung asks Yonghwa who was sitting on Jaejoong’s bed. He was in Jaejoong’s apartment along with his parents. They were tidying up Jaejoong’s apartment. It has been a month after the tragedy.

 “Kenchana omma. It’s just I still can’t believe that hyung had leave us.”

Yonghwa answers Mrs. Jung while wiping his tears with his hands. Mrs. Jung went to him and hug him.

“Yongie, you can’t act like this. Hyung will not be peace if you continue doing this. All of us were sad too. But we have to be strong.”

“Omma. I’m sorry if I’m being rude but I really needed to be alone now.”

“Deh son. Kenchana. I understand. If you need me,I will be in the other room.”

Mrs. Jung kissed Yonghwa’s forehead and leave the room.Yonghwa try to stop crying, but he can’t. Every single things in that room reminds him of Jaejoong. Yonghwa bow his head and palm his face with both his hands.

“How can I continue living without you hyung? Why did this happen to us? Hyung. I missed you. I missed you so much hyung.”

Yonghwa said in between his cry. They went to the accident’s place 3 weeks before after being called by the Police who investigating the accident.  They were asked to identify the belongings of the victims. Yonghwa broke down right away when he saw Jaejoong bracelet that has their name craved on it while Shinhye collapse. They can’t do the funeral properly because there were no single trace of them. They place his photo at the Memorial Park and there is where Yonghwa will be everyday.

Yonghwa didn’t cry since the day they knew about Jaejoong’s tragedy. Not even a single tear. He conceal his sadness.He bottled up everything. Everyone knows he was sad, but he didn’t pour it out to anybody. He does not have anyone to run to when he was feeling down except from Jaejoong and Shinhye. When Jaejoong died, he died too. He did not act like the same Yonghwa that he used to be. He changed a lot since that day. He even apply for unpaid leave from his teaching job. He didn’t see Shinhye since the day they went to identify Jaejoong belongings. He kept locking himself in his room and went to the Memorial Park and spends hours there.

He didn’t eat properly, he didn’t even speak properly to anyone. The hyper and cheerful Yonghwa died with his hyung death. He changed completely.

                                                               ***

Sulli steps into Shinhye’s pitch black room. She had vows to herself that she won’t shed any tears in front of Shinhye today. She need to be strong for her unni. Shinhye did not leave her room since 3 weeks ago. She bath, she eats and she sleeps in that room. She don’t want to meet anyone, she did not have the energy to face anyone.

“Unni.”

Upon hearing Sulli’s voice, Shinhye lift up her head. Sulli switch on the lamp before walking towards Shinhye. She was so shocked upon seeing Shinhye who was sitting in the corner of the room. She had gotten thinner.

“Sulli ya.”

Shinhye force a smile to her. Sulli walk nearer and sits besides Shinhye. She took Shinhye’s cold hand and hold it.

“Unni. Kenchana?”

“I can’t sleep. I can’t eat. I’m not doing really well Sulli ya. So, what do you think? Am I look fine to you?”

Shinhye let out a little laugh. She laugh for few seconds before she cried again. She cried heavily and put down her head on Sulli's arm. Sulli tried to hold her tears but she failed. She turn away from Shinhye and wipe her tears with her other hand.

“Unni. Please don’t cry. I can’t see you in this condition.”

“I can’t Sulli ya. He left without saying anything. He told me many times that he doesn’t feel like going. I forced him Sulli. It was me who asked him to go.”

Shinhye said in between her sobs. Sulli hugs the crying Shinhye and caress her hair. She glances at Minho who was standing at the door.

He too feel the sorrow. He too feel like crying but he had cry enough. He stay strong for Shinhye. She needs support but it doesn’t seem that his support was enough. She need Sulli. So, he plead her to persuade Shinhye. She came everyday but she tear up when she sees Shinhye condition. She didn't drop by for a week and still Shinhye didn't get any better.

Shinhye wipe her tears roughly and stare at Sulli with sad expression.

“Ottoke Sulli ya. Jae Oppa had left me. How can I continue living without him Sulli ah.”

Sulli releases Shinhye’s hand from her grasp and stand up. She stare at Shinhye with teary eyes. Shinye who was startled by Sulli’s sudden action lift her head to face Sulli. Minho who was just watching the two women from the start was also shocked by Sulli’s sudden change but he stay still. He can't barge in now.

“Unni. Everybody will die when the times come. It is time for Jaejoong Oppa. You need to accept the fate unni. I know how you feel. I’ve been through the same situation as yours. But mine is worse unni. I lost my mom in small age. But didn’t I stay alive today. Trying hard to be happy so that my mom will be in peace? You cannot behave like this unni. You still have mom and dad. They were worrying about you all this time. As far as I know you, you are a mature and strong women unni. You are the reason I be strong when others bully me back then. I believe you can get out from this misery. So, jebal unni. Wake up. I need my old unni.”

Sulli said with a strong and stern voice. She needs to speak like this to make Shinhye realise her mistakes. She can’t continue being like this. Shinhye needs to go with the flow of life.

“Crying is not the only way to express your grieve unni.”

Sulli walks to the door. She halt her movements and turns to Shinhye.

“I’ll not come here again if you didn’t come out from the cave that you build. I’m so disappointed at you unni. I really am.”

With that, Sulli walks away, passing Minho who was just stood there. he don’t know what to do. He can’t make decision whether to run to Sulli or coaxing his crying noona. Then he ends up walking to Shinhye. He held Shinhye’s shoulder making her stands. He hugs his crying noona lovingly.

Shinhye stops crying in few minutes. She free herself from Minho’s embrance and walks into the bathroom. She wash her face and went out. She look at Minho’s confused face and smiles.

“Sends me to Yong place Minho ya. He needs me.”

Minho agree right away. He hugs Shinhye tightly before releasing her.

“Thanks for coming back noona. I’m really thankful.”

Shinhye smiles and took Minho’s hands.

“I’m being immature Minho ya. I forget to accept the fate. I’m sorry because I make all of you worried for me. Mianhe. I didn’t even greet mom and dad properly. I ignore you too. Forgive me neh.”

“Kenchana noona. This will be enough to make me happy. My noona is back.”

Shinhye smiles.

“Sulli is right. Crying is not the solution for any problem.”

                                                                              ***

“Shinhye ya.”

Mrs. Jung hugs Shinhye as soon as she steps in.

“Omma. How have you been?”

“I’m fine. How are you Shin ah? Kenchanni?”

Shinhye smiles sincerely.

“Im fine omma. Where is Yong?”

Mrs. Jung’s face turns dull. She look upstairs at where Yonghwa’s room is situated and return her attention to Shinhye.

“He is in his room Shin ah. He don’t want to go out. He stays there all the time. He only eats when he wants to and speak when he think nescessary. He didn’t speak much as before. It’s hard to even hear his voice. I’m worried Shinhye ya. He was too close to Jae. It seems like he can’t accept the fact that he is dead.”

Shinhye feels her chest tighten. She forget about Yonghwa all this while. Yonghwa always depends to them all this time. She forget that Yonghwa was close to Jaejoong. She forgets that Yonghwa talks more about Jaejoong than himself. She forgets all about that. She was too immersed in her pain for losing her loved one. She didn’t remember that there is someone she love that go through the same pain as hers.

“Let me talk to him omma.”

“Yeh Shin. Please talk to him. He only listens to you and Jae.”

Shinhye smiles and taps Mrs. Jung’s hand that was holding hers. She then walk upstairs to Yonghwa’s room. She knocks the door and go inside without Yonghwa’s consents.

She walks to him that was lying in the bed with slow steps. Her heart sanks upon seeing Yonghwa.

“What has happen to you Yongie ya.”

She whispered and rubs Yonghwa’s cheek that had hasn’t been shaved. A drop of tears fall to Yonghwa’s cheek. He blink his eyes and rubs it few times before he can recognize the silhouette that was sitting in front of him.

“Shinnie.”

He said with a hoarse voice. Shinhye nods and caress Yonghwa’s cheek. He caught her hand and brought it to his chest. Shinhye continue smiling at him.

“Yongie. Let’s go out and eat ice cream. It’s been months since we last have our ice cream date.”

Yonghwa stares at Shinhye’s smiling face. He tried to search for the sadness in her eyes but he failed.

He just nods and let Shinhye drags him to the bathroom. She took a new shaver and shove it to him. Yonghwa took it and starts cleaning his face. Shinhye smiles and walk out of the bathroom.

A few minutes later, Yonghwa comes out from the bathroom with fresh looks and fresh shirt.

“There. Now only you look like my Yongie. Let’s go now neh.”

Shinhye stands up from Yonghwa’s bed and walks to him. She hold his hand and drag him out of the room. He just follow her without any words.

“Omma, we will be going out for a while neh.”

Shinhye said to Mrs. Jung. She looks relief when her son agree to go out other than visiting his late hyung at the Memorial Park. She went to Shinhye and gives her a hug.

“Shin ah. I know that only you can help him. Thank you so much dear.”

Shinhye nod without fading her smile and walks out with the silent Yonghwa. She then whispers to herself.

“Let’s face the fact together Yongie ya.”

 

 

 

 

 

UPDATED!!

SORRY IF I DIDN'T EXPRESS THEIR SADNESS PROPERLY.

KAMSAHAMNIDA FOR YOUR COMMENTS. ^___^

 

P/S: ABOUT THE MEMORIAL PARK- IS IT THE SAME IN YOUR PLACE?