Confessions In Rain

Be My Wife

Looks like its gonna rain. Maybe it’s the rainy season. Its just happen to rain 3 days ago. Now its raining again. Small drop of rain began to fall. I rush to the bus stop to wait for my mom. Suddenly I thought of something.

"There is no school for tomorrow, I think I can play a little.kekeke."

Luckily im in my gym outfit. I play around the school field giggling like a little kid.

"Ooohhh!! Its so fun playing with the rain."

 Im playing alone right now as I was the last one to be picked up everyday, I never been angry to my parents. I know they are busy. And I don’t have the rush to go home early though. And I can play around without anybody noticing me.If anybody happen to see me in this state, I will be so embarrassed. Im  the school prefect and very strict. Many students especially the junior really respect me. But they doesn’t know, even I am a strict prefect, Im still a girl inside. I enjoyed playing with the rain untill my clothes are all wet. Suddenly I heard someone laughing.

"Having fun alone princess?"

Oh my god! Its him. I turned around as fast as possible just to see his smiling face behind me. I don’t know for how long did he sat there watching me playing around in the rain but it seem like he’s been there quiet sometime.

My laugh faded. I walk slowly to the bus stop,take my bag and run quickly to the washroom. I can hear him laughing but its not a devil laugh. Its an angel  laugh. My protector angel. I whispered with a wide smile.

I wash up and change to my school uniform. I walk out from the washroom just to see him waiting outside. I just about to speak when he suddenly say something.

"There you are. Im afraid something bad might happen because you have been in there for long time, about an hour."

There he go worrying over me with that handsome face. Keep that worry face away please. You make me fall for you even more.

But did I take that much time? I glance at my watch. Yes I take quite a long time in the washroom.

"Thanks, I'm alright. Its just that girl takes longer time in the washroom u see." Finally I talk to him with a small chuckle.

We walk together to the bus stop. Its just 3.45 pm now. My mom will fetch me at 5.00 pm. Ive got more than an hour before she fetch me up.

"I think you can speak comfortably with me now."

"Ahh… yes. You are comfortable to be with."

"Really. Im afraid you will be farther from me after that day. I tried to keep distant from you. but as I said, I will be satisfied just by looking at you."

I can see he is struggling to smile. To look cool, to show me that he will be okay even if I say I don’t like him. But I really can sense that he is just acting tough. He is in love with me since 3 years ago, of course he will be sad if the unrequited love ended just because he confessed to me.

"I like you too."

He stared at me trying to see if he heard it right. I slowly raise my face to face him.

"Yes!! I like you too."

"Do you really mean it? I mean you don’t need to say that just because I sprout nonsense to take your attention."

"No sunbaenim. I like you and I think i'm in love with you too"

I know now my decision is right. Im indeed in love with my senior. I cant deny it anymore. Im not seeing him as an angel or protector. Im seeing him as a man, a man to rely on. The man that I will love till the end.

"I.. ii… I just cannot say anything. Thanks Shin. Thank you so much. I'll be the happiest person today. Thank you very very veryyy muchhh princess. And I love you so much."

He said with tears falling from his eyes. Seeing that, I know that he is sincere. I made the right choice. My heart made the right choice. He will make me happy. He is my destiny.

"Can I hug you?"

Awww such a cutie. How can he be handsome and cute at the same time? I compose myself and nod.

"I must thank you too for protecting me all this while when stalking me. I don’t know how many time but I'm sure you always watching me right?"

He broke the hug at stare at me lovingly. Then he nod with a smile. Charming smile. The smile of my dream prince. Then he hug me again, not tightly like before and i feel so comfortable being in his embrance.

"But you are indeed a tough girl. You are a very strict prefect you know. Many of my friends afraid to get near you. many have crush over you, but no one are brave enough to get to know you. You always put that serious face everytime. I think im the one who fill up my courage to try to know you better. Then I slowly get to know what kind of person you are. You are lovable Shinhye."

"I know that im strict but its only in school. Im a very spoiled little girl in my family. My parents and Oppa pamper me very much. But they always advice me to be nice to other people and be tough at the same time because there are many kind of people in this wide world.They can be kind like you or bad. They always taught me to be independent . that’s why im being tough here in school. I don’t want anyone bullies me and makes my family keep worrying about me. i once a very shy girl. I keep walking with my eyes looking at the ground. Many student keep bullying me. When i transfer to this school, I decided to be strong. That’s why I apply for prefect. The responsibility is very big. I need to train myself. And im very lucky that the discipline teacher approve me."

I said with a little laugh. I am indeed lucky to have the very understanding family. After my brother went to study abroad, I feel lonely at home. That’s why I didn’t agree when my mother ask our chauffer  to fetch me after school. I can do many things here in school besides being alone in that big house. I can read in the library and spend my time helping the gardener pulling some weeds.

We broke our hug and sits at the bench.

"That’s why you can stay alone everyday while waiting for your mom? You sure a very tough girl princess."

"Heyy,stop calling me that. Just call me by my name."

"Aigoo you are cute. Im so happy to see your blushing face Shinhye. And im calling you princess because you are indeed a princess in my heart."

He smile sincerely. I know he is sincere. It just melt my heart. We talk about many things. About our family, hobbies and our planning ahead. He wants to study business to take over his father’s while I want to achieve my dream to be a history teacher. 

We continue to chat and joking happily until my mother arrive. I wave at him and he promise to call me later.

"Boyfriend?"

"Mom!"

" It's ok if he is dear. Eventough i love seeing you with Yonghwa."

" Mom, Yong and I are just best friend. We did'nt have any romantic feelings towards each other"

" Arasseo. You told me countless of time already. I should give birth to another daughter right shinnie? Kekeke"

" Mom!!"

"Ok fine. Make sure you tell me everything about that handsome boy dear. I think he is the boy from last time right?"

"Yes he is mom. I'll tell you at home. Now let's go home. I'm hungry."

i pout and show my puppy eyes.

"Arasseo.You win. Now stop pouting."

My mom always encourage me in anything. She is like a friend. I don't need any girl best friend because I've got my mom. I got a few friend before but most of them tag along me so that they can hang out with Yonghwa. No one is sincere enough to be part of me. Some girls afraid of me because I'm strict. Some other girl says I'm not feminine enough to hang out with them.

"Kenchana. They just jealous of you because you get all the attention from our teachers as a top student. It's their fault for not studying. Always moves around with mirrors and combs while you spends your time in the library. Don't think too much about them Shinnie. Just be yourself."

"You always have me right? I can wear wigs when you want girls day out someday. We can ask eomonim to tag along." That was yonghwa's line to make me laugh whenever i tell him about the girls.

When my mom finds out, she spends more time with me. After some times, I don't really care when I don't have girl besties. My mom is enough. Opps and I've got by best friend Yonghwa. I hope Jae oppa can get along with Yongie too. I dont want to lose any of them.