One

Be My Wife

 

 

“Chagiya, don’t run anymore neh.”

Shinhye reprimand her daughter while she keeps an eye on Jae Eun.

A sigh left .

It’s tiring to control her daughters now.

Jaehee is so active that it is hard to keep her from doing anything she wants.

Now that Yonghwa is away for business trip, she was left alone to attend to them.

“Mommy, can we sit? I’m tired.”

“Deh Jae Eun. Sits here.”

She went to Jae Hee and holds her hand while she gives her unsatisfied look.

“I won’t bring you anywhere if you keeps rebelling. Arasseo?”

The little one pouts but still sitting beside her twin sister.

Shinhye takes out two bottles of yogurt drink and gave each to her twins before she took Sungjin out of the baby carrier, finally sitting.

“Waeyo mommy?”

Jae Eun asks when she saw Shinhye’s frown.

“Aniya. It’s nothing.”

She ruffles her hair and feeds Sungjin his milk.

He is going to be one year in two months and he is resembling her more and more.

“Mommy, I drank it all.”

Jae Hee announces and stood up, quickly running before Shinhye can stop her.

“Jae Hee ah, don’t run!”

Shinhye said and before she even finish her word, Jae Hee falls down, tripping on her own leg.

“I told you to not run.”

Shinhye took out the s from Sungjin mouth and puts the bottle in her bag.

As she stood up to help her daughter who was now sobbing to get up, a passerby, a tall, lean guy helped her and bows at Shinhye when she shows up in front of them.

Shinhye doesn’t pay attention to him, she was occupied with Sungjin in her left arm and Jae Eun who was standing beside her.

She crouch down and checks on Jae Hee’s knee and sigh a relief before she raises her head to give attention to the man.

Shinhye smiles fade when she saw his face.

His feature, his dark lock, his smile.

The latter arched his brows when Shinhye stares at him.

“Madam, are you okay?”

He inquire, waving a hand in front of her.

Shinhye nods few times, before she plasters a smile.

“Yes. Thank you sir.”

She answers; stutter on her thanks.

The guy then smile before crouching in front of Jae Hee to meet her eyes.

“Don’t run around and listen to your mommy alright?”

He pats her cheek when Jae Hee, who has stopped crying nods.

He pats Jae Eun’s hair too, who was looking at him before he turns his attention to Shinhye, who was still in shock.

“She is a strong girl.”

He complimented Jae Hee and smiled at Shinhye too.

“By the way, I’m new here. This is only my third day in Korea.”

“Oh yeh. Nice meeting you. You stay in this neighborhood?”

“Deh. Just around here. It’s my day off and I plan to sweat a bit. Oh, your kids are lovely.”

He complimented them, and pinches Sungjin’s cheek softly.

“I’ll just be on my way then. Have a nice day.”

Shinhye just manage to nod and stares as he passes by her and her children until Sungjin’s cries wakes her up.

“Sorry sweetie.”

She pats his back and glances away at the guy who has jogs away.

She sighs, staring at her twins.

Jae Eun was checking on Jae Hee to see if her sister is injured anywhere and Sungjin on his thumb, still letting out a small sob.

She then looks up at the blue sky and she whispers the name that had always in her heart.

“Jae oppa, are you doing good up there?”

 

                                                                                ~~~

 

Mrs. Park spend her morning in Shinhye’s and Yonghwa’s residence that day.

Shinhye had just finish making breakfast for her kids and Mrs. Park helps her feeds Sungjin while she fill the twins container with foods for them to take to the kindergarten.

She walks in after the twins get on the van to school and sat on the chair, staring at Mrs. Park who was teasing Sungjin and his cackle and giggles did not make her smile for the first time after he is born.

“Something wrong Shinnie?”

Shinhye let out a sigh with that.

“I’m just tired maybe.”

“Really? But you do look thinner than last month.”

Shinhye shakes her head, resting her back on the chair.

Yonghwa said the same, that she is all bones and skin and he did asks her to eat more.

She keeps it with saying that she is tired with Jae Hee antics and that she don’t have appetite.

He gives in to her; he never is the one to argue in anything, which Shinhye really glad.

“Mom.”

She calls Mrs. Park and the loving mother gave her a warm look.

“Wae?”

“Jae Hee is acting as she please nowadays. What should I do to tame her down? It’s so tiring that even smiling needs extra energy. I have to clean the house thrice as I did. It’s mess everywhere.”

“Aigoo. Maybe it’s because Yong is not here? That she rebels?”

“Ani. She is worse when he is around. He pampers the twins a lot. He told me to not scold them when I say anything.”

“He just love them too much.”

“I love them too mom. I still can feel the pain when I gave birth for the first time. But this is getting out of hand. Jae Eun is still as calm. But what if she too change after she looks at how Jae Hee behave? I’m afraid she will continue to have the attitude as she grows up. And Sungjin? He is calm now, he has Yong’s character in him but still, it’s tiring. Apart of all that, Yong wants more children. I’ve been taking pills without his knowledge. I don’t want to give birth to another one.”

“Shinnie ah. Why don’t you discuss it with Yong? He’ll be disappointed when he knows.”

“It’s no use. He is too carefree. I can’t tell if he has really mature up or no.”

“You know him more than anyone. Am I right?”

Shinhye let out another sigh and took Sungjin from Mrs. Park when he cried.

“I’ll just put him to sleep now.”

Shinhye comes out of the room after 20 minutes and went to the living room when she saw Mrs. Park there.

She plops her arm on the soft cushion and rested her cheek on it.

“I can take a breather while they are asleep. I’ll be thankful if Jae Hee and Jae Eun nap for at least an hour. I can finish cooking dinner during that time.”

Mrs. Park looks at her daughter in sympathy.

There are even black circle under her eyes.

“Shinnie ah.”

She asks with reluctant in her voice.

“Waeyo mom?”

“Within you and Yong, everything is fine right?”

“We are fine.”

She said, looking in no particular thing.

Yonghwa is good to her, he is as caring as he is.

But Shinhye wants more from him.

She does understand his responsibilities and that he is tired too but sometimes, she just want to be pampered by him like when they were first married.

And when he did not, she feels frustrated.

Mrs. Park stop asking when she saw how Shinhye’s expression change.

She wish that the problem in her daughter and Yonghwa’s marriage will soon solve.

“I’ll stay and cook lunch for today.”

She announced and ushered Shinhye to take some nap time.

Shinhye nods and thanks her mother before she went to Sungjin’s room, lying down beside him after she kisses his forehead.

A tear falls from her eyes as she close it; even she doesn’t know what is the tear meant.

 

                                                                                                ~~~

 

Minho was helping Sulli in the kitchen as his wife get the children ready.

“I can wear it by myself omma.”

He smiles when he heard his first born talks.

Yoogeun had really grown up.

After their second baby born last 3 months, Yoogeun started to do things on his own.

He succeeds in buttoning his shirt, he now knows how to tie his own shoelaces too.

He hums while he flips the ommelete that Yoogeun loves and puts it on the plate.

He finished making breakfast for today and announce it after few minutes.

“Wow, appa makes a lot.”

Sulli said to Yoogeun while she cradles Minri in her arms.

Yoogeun climbs up on his chair, and smells the food before he nods a few times.

 “Thank you for the breakfast oppa.”

“Sit down. I’ll feed you while you feed our bunny.”

“I just can eat later.”

“I insist.”

“Okay then.”

Sulli gives in and she reminds Yoogeun to eat slowly and the mature kid oblige right away.

“Oppa, Joonie is going to visit this Sunday.”

“That’s great. Is he having a holiday?”

“Neh. Aunt Nana is accompanying Uncle to China and Joonie plan to spend few days here. Appa is as busy too so he will be alone if he went back to Busan.”

Minho nods as he feeds Sulli the toast.

Sulli smiles while mouthing thank you and glances at Yoogeun who was eating in proper way.

He learn about it in school he said.

She ruffles his hair before she cooed at her sleepy daughter.

“I’ll just place her in the crib.”

She moves and come back after a while.

“Eat oppa.”

“Deh.”

Minho answers and starts eating while Sulli finished all of her food that Minho had plated in her plate.

Yoogeun too finished as soon after his mother finish and thanks them for the food.

“I’m glad Yoogeun had started to do things on his own. You know, with you occupied with Minri.”

“But I’m sad. He no longer needs me to comb his hair or pats him to sleep.”

“Wae?”

“Oppa, Yoogeun is not distancing himself from me right?”

“Don’t say that. Why would he do that?”

Sulli just shakes her head while she eyed her son, who is checking on the things he had placed in his bag.

She puts the dirty dishes in the sink and went to him, smiling as she sat beside the now frowning Yoogeun.

“Wae? Something missing?”

Yoogeun nods.

“Tell me. I’ll find it for you.”

“It’s okay omma.”

He ran to his room and take his time in there.

“Oppa.”

Sulli calls Minho and he glances at Yoogeun’s room.

“I’ll see to him.”

Sulli was about to tail him but Minri suddenly cried that she abort her plan and tend to her daughter.

 

                                                                                                 ~~~

 

“Hey little man, what are you looking for?”

“My book. The book about spaceship.”

“Oh. Where did you last see it?”

Yoogeun scratch his head and pouts which Minho found adorable.

“You forget it?”

“I think I did.”

“Let’s asks omma. Maybe omma knows.”

“Aniyo. Kenchana.”

Minho frowns at his son’s response.

“Why?”

“Omma is busy with baby. I can’t bother omma.”

“Yoogeun ah. You are not bothering omma you know.”

“Aniyo. Omma has to take good care of Minri. So I have to do things on my own.”

Minho sighs before he sat down in front of Yoogeun.

What Sulli thought make sense now seeing how Yoogeun was trying to not go near Sulli.

“Listen to me.”

He started and Yoogeun looks at him with his round eyes.

“You are omma’s son too. It’s nothing wrong in you asking omma anything. Omma is giving more attention to baby Minri because she still can’t do anything. You know that omma loves you right?”

“Chinca appa? Omma loves me?”

Minho nods as a response to little Yoogeun.

He really has the insecurities in him.

Just like what a friend of his told them before; that his daughter is distancing herself from them both when they had a new born.

“Go to omma and tell her that you love her okay?”

Yoogeun nods and before he went out, Minho hugs him and kisses his head.

When Yoogeun went out, he saw Sulli tending to Minri and was hesitant to go to her.

He was about to turn around when Sulli calls him softly.

“Yoogeun ah. Did you find it?”

He shakes his head and Sulli smiles before she puts the now calm Minri in her cot.

“Come on, tell me and omma will find it for you hmm.”

“Omma.”

He calls her and tugs on Sulli’s blouse.

Sulli smiles and crouched to meet his eyes.

He kisses Sulli’s cheek before hugging her neck.

“I love you.”

Sulli was so emotional that she cried while holding Yoogeun in her arms.

“I love you too baby.”

“I thought omma don’t love me anymore.”

“How can I not? You are my baby.”

She said and Minho smiled at the adorable scene he saw.

 

 

 

First additional chapter is up…