Minho's Birthday Party

Be My Wife

 

 

Yongshin story in on pause mode..

This chapter will be about Minsul's story...

 

 

“Minho ya. Are you asleep?”

Shinhye knocks Minho’s door slowly. She don’t want to disturb him if he was sleeping.

“I’m still awake noona. Come in.”

Shinhye push the door and smiles at Minho who was busy checking some files on his table.

“Pappa?”

“Ani. Just do some rough checking. Wae noona? You hardly come to my room at this time.”

Minho asked while closing his file. He walks to Shinhye and sits besides her on the couch.

“Is it important noona? Are you not feeling good?”

He asked with consent. He afraid if Shinhye still can’t get over Jaejoong’s death.

“It’s not about me. I just want to know something and I hope you can tell me sincerely.”

Minho smiles. It’s not time for joking. Shinhye was serious. That’s why she didn’t even wait for tomorrow.

“Okay. I’ll tell you. Ask me anything.”

Minho stare at Shinhye. She sigh before she speak.

“What do you feel about Sulli?”

Minho was shocked. He didn’t expect Shinhye to ask him about this. He thinks that Shinhye will ask him regarding his birthday party. He chuckled.

“Waegurae noona? I think you want to ask something important.”

Minho laugh and walk to the window. He stare at the night sky.

“Ottoke Sulli ya. I want you to be the first to know about my feelings.”

He thought and sigh quite loud for Shinhye to hear him. She also stands and walks to Minho. She stood besides her and squeezed his left shoulder.

“Why did you sigh Minho ya? It’s not that I suspects you, it’s just that my instinct telling me to ask you this. I’m sorry if I make you uncomfortable with the question.”

“Kenchana. She is your dongsaeng. I treat her like mine too noona. That’s all.”

“Really?”

“Deh.”

Shinhye sigh. She really hope that Minho is in love with Sulli.

“Pabo, why can’t you fall for her after all this year?”

She scold him in her mind.

“Okay Minho. I’ll go to my room first. Sleep early. Don’t stay up late.”

“Deh noona. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight baby. Brush your teeth okay.”

Shinhye ruffles Minho’s hair and laugh. Minho pouts.

“Aishh noona. I know.”

“Arayo. I just like seeing your pouts. My baby is so adorable when he is angry.”

Shinhye pinch his cheek before she goes out. Minho lie down to his bed and sigh.

“I know I should not be lying to you noona, but I don’t have the confidence that Sulli is in love with me too. Let me confirm it first. I’ll confess to her after my birthday party.”

Minho switch off his night lamp and shut his eyes. He then flicks his eyes open when he remember he did not brush his teeth yet. He walks to the bathroom smiling.

“Even after growing this big, I still need someone to remind me to brush before sleeping.”

He said and shook his head.

                                                                 ***

“ Have you ordered the cake Shin?”

Mrs. Park asks when they were cooking for lunch. Minho’s parents will be arriving in no time now. Minho and Mr. Park went to fetch them at the airport.

“Deh mom.”

“Okay. We had completed the checklist right.”

“Yeh.”

“Will Sulli stay here tonight?”

“Yes mom. She is in her way right now.”

Right after Shinhye talks about Sulli, the girl come into the kitchen.

“Anyeonghaseyo mom, unni.”

“Sulli ya. You came? I just ask Shin about you.”

“Deh mom. I just came. Wow. Smells good.”

Sulli smiles and look into the pan. Mrs. Park laugh at Sulli’s behavior.

“Hungry?”

Sulli smiles shyly. She is hungry. She did not eat breakfast earlier.

“Aigoo. Poor my daughter. We can eat as soon as they arrive neh. Why don’t you drink the soup first?”

Shinhye took a bowl and pour some soup in it. She give the bowl to Sulli.

“Here you go. Drink it. It was so good. I had some earlier.”

“Gomawo unni.”

Sulli drinks the soup while chatting with Mrs. Park and Shinhye. They talk about the decorations and the foods for Minho’s party. When they finished cooking, they  walk to the living room and continue their conversations.

After 20 minutes, Mr. Park and Minho arrives with Minho’s parents.

“Unni.”

Mrs. Choi ran to Mrs. Park and gives her a hug.

“Jiwoo ya. How are you?”

“Fine unni. How are you? Oh, I miss you a lot.”

They broke their hugs and look at each other lovingly. shinhye walks to her aunt and smiles at her.

“Aigoo. My Shinnie. You had grown pretty. How can you be this beautiful Shin ah? That’s why Minho always said that you are the prettiest girl.“

“Ahjumma. Don’t praise me too much.”

“No. it’s a fact. You are so pretty.”

“Kamsahamnida ahjumma.”

Mrs. Choi shift her view to Sulli. She stare at Sulli and try to remember her but she failed.

“Who is this girl unni? She seems familiar but I can’t remember seeing her before.”

“You don’t know her Jiwoo. She is my unborn daughter. Shinhye dearest chingu and sister. She is two years younger than her.”

“Ah. what is your name dear?”

“I’m Sulli madam.”

“Don’t call me madam. Call me ahjumma. So adorable.”

Mrs. Choi smiles adoringly at Sulli. Minho who saw the scene smiles too. He was relieved that his mother likes Sulli too.

“Omma will agree to my decision.”

He thought and walks to the guestroom with his parents luggage.

                                                               ***

“All the guests had arrives. We can cut the cake now.”

Mrs. Choi said to Minho. He smiles at the guests who were singing birthday song for him and cuts the cake after he blows the candle.

There were lots of people came. There were also Minho’s friends who came all the way from Busan. Elite people, executives, manager, CEO and many people of Minho’s and Shinhye’s parents circle of friends.

Shinhye who knows that Sulli was feeling awkward always sticks to her. She holds her hand all the times. Sulli feels secure with Shinhye’s actions and she too, talks with Shinhye’s friends comfortably.

The party ended few hours later. There were only Yonghwa’s, Shinhye’s and Minho’s family left in the garden including Sulli and Jinki, chatting and laughing together.

“I want to make an announcement.”

Mrs. Choi steps up and clink her glass. All eyes were on her. Minho stare at his mother confusely.

“I’m the one who should make an announcement.”

He said to Jinki who sits besides him. Jinki pats Minho’s shoulder and turn his view to Mrs. Choi.

“Let’s hear your omma first.”

Mrs. Park walks nearer to her sister.

“What is it Jiwoo? Is it about you living here after this?”

“Aniyo unni. It’s about my son.”

Minho starts to feel uneasy.

“What’s about me omma?”

“I’m going to married my son off to my friend’s niece. I know her when we stay in a hotel in Jeju. We always spends time together when our husbands work. Then I came to know about her niece. She is 22. Perfectly suits my Minho.”

Upon hearing the announcement, Minho was shocked while Sulli’s heart sanked.

“Omma. What are you talking about? Marriage?”

Minho starts to speaks louder.

“Wae Minho ya? Andwe? I’m your mom. I can’t decide your future?”

Mrs. Choi starts tearing up. Mrs. Park hold her shoulder and squeeze it.

“You should asks him first Jiwoo ya. Maybe he had someone he likes.”

“I’ve asked him before I promised my friend unni. He tell me that he don’t have girlfriend. I thought that I should choose his future wife.”

Minho wants to answer but Mr. Choi steps in.

“Leave this conversation here yeobo. We can talk about this another day. Let’s go in.”

Mr. Choi and Mrs. Choi steps inside followed by Shinhye’s and Yonghwa’s parents.

“Minho. You should not speak in that tone with your omma. She will be sad. You never once speaks like that to her.”

Jinki said to Minho in low voice. He knows everything. He knows why Minho acts like that. He know the reason, but he can’t speak up to defend him. Minho had pleads him to keep his secret.

“Correct Oppa. Just why did you decline it Minho? You said hundreds time that you don’t have girlfriend.”

Shinhye said and sigh. She don’t like the idea of Minho’s marriage too, but she feels that her aunt decision is acceptable.

“But he once said that he have someone he likes.”

Yonghwa said suddenly. All eyes were on Yonghwa. Yonghwa who realises that he had said something that he shouldn’t look at Minho.

“Is that a secret?”

He ask innocently.

“Ani hyung it’s not a secret. I should tell her and bring her to meet omma and appa before all this happens.”

Minho stands, look at the corner that Shinhye and Sulli’s  standing and walks inside.

“Aish Yongie. Why didn’t you tell me that he has someone he likes?”

Shinhye slaps Yonghwa’s arm.

“Doesn’t he tell you everything Shin ah?”

“No. He always speak his mind out. With his expression, I can’t really tell if he has something running in his mind.”

Yonghwa sats beside Shinhye. Sulli just keep silent from the mention of Minho’s marriage. Jinki pats Yonghwa’s shoulder before going to minho’s room.

"I'll go check on him."

                                                                                              ***

“Tell Sulli about your feeling now Minho. You don’t have time. Just tell her before your mom bring this matter up again.”

Jinki said to Minho in low voice. He don’t want the other hear him.

“What if she rejects me hyung?”

“Don’t think about that. You should just tell her. It’s been 6 years Minho ya.”

Minho shuts his eyes to gain courage. He fists his hands and stands up.

“I’ll face her hyung.”

“That’s it. Just go. Don’t waste anymore time.”

Minho hugs Jinki before he opens the door. He walks downstairs and headed outside. He looks for Sulli at the garden and he saw her sitting on a chair and stare at the night sky smiling. He glances around looking for Shinhye and Yonghwa. He sigh in relief when there is no trace of them. He put his hand on his chest to calm himself down before walking to Sulli.

“What are you doing here alone Sulli?”

Minho asked and sits besides her. Sulli was startled when she hear Minho’s question.

“Oppa. I thought you were sleeping.”

“I just need time to clear my mind. Jinki hyung had brain-washed me and I feel quite good now.”

Minho said chuckling.

“Oh.” Is Sulli’s short answer.

“Where is noona and Yonghwa hyung?”

“Unni sends Yonghwa sunbae home because he didn’t bring his car along.”

“Hyung’s parents is here right?”

“They had left earlier. When you are still inside.”

Sulli said still not shifting her eyes from the sky. Minho’s sigh quite loud make Sulli turn to him.

“Oppa, kenchana?”

“I had something to say to you. It’s about the person I like.”

Sulli feels like crying.

“Why did you bring this up to me Oppa.”

She thought while trying to hide her sad face. She force a smile to Minho. Minho stare at her with full of love.

“You can share it with me Oppa. I can give you free advice.”

Sulli said laughing. Minho smiles and ruffle her hair.

“That’s why I like talking to you.”

Sulli smiles at Minho’s word.

“I fall for this girl when I first saw her. You know about me when I was still a kid right? I love Shin noona a lot. I always follow her everywhere. I had vow that I will marry her when I grow up. And I didn’t look at any girl because I want to be loyal to noona.”

Minho pause a moment. Sulli laugh.

“Deh Oppa. My classmates back then always said that you are cool with that attitude.”

“Really? What do you think of me then?”

“Me too.”

She bow her head blushing. Minho chuckled. He loves seeing that.

“But, this one girl make me realize that I just fond of noona. I want to protect her, love her and be with her because I grow up with her. I realize that was not love, just fondness. It was her who make me realize it.”

Minho smiles meaningful to Sulli.

“Why you didn’t want to tell her that you love her Oppa?”

“Because I came to know that she likes someone else.”

“Oh. Do you know who the guy is?”

Minho sigh and shakes his head.

“Ani. I never see her with any guy. So, I really don’t know who the guy is.”

“Did you see her nowadays?”

“Deh.”

“Are you both close?”

“Yeh. I’m close to her because she is close to someone I know.”

“Did you feel that she is in a relationship now?”

Minho thinks for a moment before he shook his head.

“I don’t think so.”

Sulli breath in and smiles to Minho.

“You should tell her Oppa. Maybe it is just one-sided love for her.”

“What if she rejected me Sulli?”

“You have to accept it Oppa. That’s life. You should learn to give and take.”

Minho sigh again. Sulli smiles at him, trying to give him some courage.

“Talk to her Oppa. If you want me to come with you, I will. I will tell her how gentleman my Oppa is.”

Minho sigh when Sulli mention him as her Oppa.

“Do you think me as an Oppa Sulli ya?”

Sulli was shocked at Minho’s question. She wants to say no but she composed herself and nods.

“Deh Oppa.”

“Thanks Sulli ya. You helped a lot.”

“You are always welcome Oppa.”

They smiles at each other.

“Can this Oppa hugs you?”

Sulli nods. At least, she get to hug Minho before he confessed to the girl that he likes.

Minho pulls Sulli slowly into his embrance. He hugs her not wanting to leave her. He is now confirmed that Sulli doesn’t have any feelings towards him. They stay like that for few minutes, savouring each other scents before Sulli pulls herself away.

“I should go in now Oppa. it’s late already.”

Minho nods eventhough he still wants to stay there with Sulli.

“Alright. Sleep well Sulli. Goodnight.”

“You should go in too Oppa. It’s getting colder.”

“I’ll go in after a while.”

Minho said and smiles to her. Sulli stands up and walks into the house. Minho sat at the grass and lay his body down. He stares at the sky solemnly while his tear drops.

                                                                              ***

“I’ll marry her omma.”