Jinki Knew

Be My Wife

 

 

 

“Yongie.”

“Deh.”

“Let’s go to Busan.”

“Deh?”

Shinhye sigh and look at Yonghwa’s face. They were having lunch in a restaurant near Yonghwa’s office at that moment.

Shinhye just stare at her plate. She did not eat even a mouthful. She just play with her food from the moment the moment the waitress serve them their order. Yonghwa puts down his chopsticks and look at his bestfriend. He touch Shinhye’s hand on the table.

“Waegurae? Is there something wrong?”

Shinhye sigh again.

“I miss Sulli.”

Yonghwa laugh upon hearing Shinhye’s answer.

“Yah. You behave like this just because you miss Sulli?”

Shinhye’s eyes still on her food with her unchanged expressions. Yonghwa stops laughing. He checks his diary and smiles at Shinhye.

“Alright. Let’s go tomorrow. I got two days leave.”

Shinhye lift her face and look at Yonghwa. She smiles brightly.

“Chincha?”

Yonghwa nods and took his chopsticks back.

“Yeh. If you finish your food.”

Shinhye starts eating her food quickly.

“Yah. Yah. Slow down.”

“Deh.”

She smiles and eats comfortably. Yonghwa laugh and shakes his head. She ruffles Shinhye’s hair and continues eating.

                                                                              ***

Sulli smiles while pluckings the tomatoes. She loves seeing her father small garden that was full of fresh vegetables.

“Appa is so diligent. You all have grown up healthy.”

She said and humming a song as she savouring the fresh scents of the garden.

“Sulli.”

She turn around abruptly when she heard the voice.

“Unni.”

She ran to Shinhye and hugs her.

“When did you came? Why didn’t you call me first?”

“About 10 minutes ago. I want to make it a surprise. Hehe.”

“Did you come alone?”

“Ani. I came with Yong. He is in his car. Sleeping.”

“You drive here? It’s a long journey unni.”

“Right but we exchange. I just drive when we had arrived in Busan. Yong looks too tired. So, I didn’t wake him up. So, where is your appa?”

“Appa is at work unni. Let’s go in neh. Wake sunbae up. He can sleep in the guest room.”

Sulli picks up the tomatoes basket and walks in her house. Shinhye joins her after waking Yonghwa up.

“Sulli. That’s a lot of tomatoes. What are you planning to cook?”

“I want to try making tomatoes sauce like you taught me before unni.”

Sulli smiles and puts the tomatoes in a bowl. Yonghwa yawn and went to the kitchen. He sat besides Shinhye on the counter.

“When will your father finish his work?”

“In 2 hours sunbae. He just need to submit some reports to his partner. You can rest in that room.”

"Kenchana. I'm fine."

Sulli starts boiling some water.

“Coffee?”

“Deh.”

Shinhye and Yonghwa answers simultaneously and laugh. Yonghwa stands and excuse himself to look around Sulli’s house.

“Sulli. Don’t you feel bored living alone here? Joonie is not here too.”

“Ani unni. I had used to stay alone.”

Shinhye nods and sips her coffee.

“Yongie. Your coffee.”

“Coming.”

He shouts from living room.

“The deco is awesome Sulli.”

Yonghwa praised when he walks back to the kitchen.

“Kamsahamnida sunbae. Its my omma’s idea. We keep it like she wanted to. To let it stay as memory.”

Sulli smiles and wash their cups.

“Sulli, how is your job here?”

“Good unni. The kids are adorable too. They listens well. After 6 months teaching, I had become one of them.”

“You are kind-hearted. It will not be a hard thing for you to get along with the kids.”

“The same goes to you unni. Joonie likes you the first time he saw you.”

The girls chit-chatting forgetting Yonghwa who was still there with them.

“Ahh. I think I want to take a walk around the neighbourhood. I’m being left behind when both of you have started your conversations.”

“Omo Yongie. Mianhe. I just excited seeing her after long time.”

“Kenchana. Have fun while I go meet Jinki hyung.”

He chuckled and go out.

“Sulli, have you met him?”

Shinhye asks her excitedly. Sulli shows her confused face.

“Who unni?”

“Your first crush a.k.a your first love.”

“He is getting married unni.”

Shinhye slumped her shoulder. Her smiles fades.

“Is it? Why did both of you have to go through the same situation?”

“What do you mean unni?”

“Minho. He too was rejected before he is able to confess.”

Sulli look at Shinhye wanting to know more.

“I thought he confessed.”

“He didn’t have the chance Sulli ya. The girl treats him like a brother and keeps saying that she will always help him as a donsaeng. He is in love with her since he is 17. That was long. How can he accept it Sulli. He was so hurt.”

Sulli’s heart beats faster.

 “Did he tell you who is the girl unni?”

“Ani Sulli ya. He don’t want to think about her anymore. He ran to Japan to heal his heartbreak.”

Shinhye sigh.

“How about the marriage thing?”

“He agree to marry the girl.”

“Have you all seen her?”

“No. He too don’t want to see her. He said that he will only see her on the wedding day.”

Sulli sigh.

“Waegurae Sulli ya?”

She shook her head smiling.

“Ani unni. I want to cook now. Do you want to rest first? I’ll readied the other guest room.”

“Kenchana. I’ll help you. But, I want to use the toilet first.”

“Just go to my room unni, the second on the right.”

“Deh.”

Shinhye stands and walks to Sulli’s room. Sulli stare at her untill she disappear from her eyes.

“Maybe I should confess to you before Oppa.”

She thought and starts taking out the ingredients from the fridge.

                                                                              ***

“Uncle, sorry for coming without informing you first.”

Yonghwa said to Mr. Choi when they were having dinner.

“Kenchana.I’m sorry that I came home late. There were some emergency works.”

“It’s okay uncle. Works come first right.”

Yonghwa said smiling. Mr. Choi smiles and nods his head.

“I want to thank you both. Sulli said that you took care of her when she lives with you while studying in University.”

“I’ve treat Sulli like my own sister uncle. So do mom and dad.”

Shinhye said and smiles to Sulli.

“I’m relieved that she makes good friends in Seoul. Thank you for taking care of her. I’ll make sure I’ll visit your parents when I go to Seoul.”

“Deh uncle. My parents will love it.”

Mr. Choi nods few times smiling. He was happy when Sulli’s friends come by his house. Sulli was alone all this time. She never brought any friends home.

When they finished their dinner, Mr. Choi and Yonghwa sat on the living room while Shinhye helps Sulli wash the dishes. Sulli ask her to rest but Shinhye don’t want to.

“You used to help me in my house. Why I can’t help you here? Let’s do it together dongsaeng ah.”

Sulli smiles and nods. She can’t argue more. They finish cleaning the sink and joins the men in the living room.

“Have you tidied up the guest rooms Sulli?”

Mr. Choi asked when Sulli appear in the living room.

“Deh appa. I had clean both of them.”

“Yonghwa, Shinhye, you can rest if you wanted to. You must be tired for the long journey.”

“Deh uncle. I need to rest now. We will leave early tomorrow.”

Yonghwa stands and bow to Mr. Choi before he went to the guest room that Sulli had readied for him.

“I’m going to my room neh.”

Mr. Choi said and walks to his room. Sulli and Shinhye talks for a while before they went to their room.

                                                                              ***

“Sulli. We will be going first. Come to Seoul when you have time.”

“Deh unni. I’ll try to bring Joonie along too.”

“Good idea. It’s been long since I saw him. He must have grown handsome.”

“He is unni.”

Sulli smiles. Joonie lives with Sulli’s aunt in Jeju. They had move there since Sulli still in University. They just have to stay there for a year, but after the company had stabilized, they make decision to move there for good. She miss Joonie too. She did not see him for months since it’s not holiday season for school.

Yonghwa smiles and waves before he steps on the gas pedal.

“Sulli.”

Sulli wants to get into the house before she heard Jinki called her. She turn to see Jinki panting behind her.

“Wae Oppa?”

“Ani. I was  just jogging along this way when I saw you. So, I decided to say hi.”

“How are you Oppa?”

“I’m fine. How are you?”

“I’m good too."

"Are you on holiday?”

“Ani. I had transferred here. In that school.”

Sulli pointed at the neighbourhood school.

“Ahh. I think you are on holiday.”

“Where did you work Oppa?”

“Here too. I’m not running anywhere like that kid.”

Jinki laugh. Sulli smiles bitterly. She knows who is Jinki talking about.

“Sulli, have you heard about his marriage?”

“Deh Oppa. Shin unni told me.”

“How do you feel? Are you okay with that?”

“Deh?”

“Ani, just asking.”

“Of course I’m happy for him Oppa.”

Jinki stare at Sulli. He can see that she is stuttering.She keeps looking everywhere excepts his eyes.

“Sulli. Perhaps. Do you love Minho?”

Sulli’s heart was thumping hard. She swallowed before glancing at Jinki.

“Am I too obvious.”

She thought. Jinki still waiting for her answers.

“What make you ask me that?”

“I’m just curious. Don’t you guys feel anything towards each other? I mean you had lived under one roof for 3 years.”

Sulli breath in and calming her heart before she answers.

“Oppa. Living in a house together is not the reason to fall for each other.”

“Alright but didn’t you feel anything? When you eat together? Watching movie together?”

Sulli simply shakes her head while smiling.

“He is my Oppa, and I am his dongsaeng. He always said that to me. Furthermore, he is getting married in few months Oppa.”

“If that was your answer, I won’t ask further. Be happy with your life Sulli. And I will pray for that kid to be happy too. I’m going. Bye.”

Sulli smiles and bow to Jinki.

Jinki starts jogging to his house which is few blocks away from Sulli’s house. He stops running and stretching up his legs before he sat on the chair.

“She loves you too pabo. I knew it from her actions. Why are you being this fool. Can’t you feel her love for you? If only you stay in contacts with me. Aish this kid. He closed himself up from anything.”

Jinki said frustrated. Since he went to Japan, Minho did not contact anyone. He did not sends any news about him even to his parents. He simply ignore everyone.

“But I guess, even if I tell you, it was too late. You had promised. And as far as I know you, you won’t break your own promise.”

Jinki sigh and went into his house.

                                                                              ***

“Omma. I’m back.”

“Minho ya. You had grown thinner. Why you didn’t call omma even for once?”

“I’ve promised I’ll be back after a year and I’m back.”

Minho said still hugging his mom.

“Where is appa?”

“Office.”

Mrs. Choi breaks the hug and caress Minho face lovingly.

“How are you my son? Did you eat well? How about the food there? How about your house? Is it confortable?”

“Omma. Ask one in a time. how am I suppose to answer all of it. oh, I’m hungry. What did you cook?”

“Poor my boy. I only cook chicken soup. Will that be okay?”

“Kenchana mom. I miss your cooking.”

“So, how was my wedding preparations?”

“That’s.”

“Wae? The girl rejects me?”

Minho laugh and stuffed his mouth with the food.

“Ani. Don’t say like that. She just want to get married next year. You need a year, but she needs two.”

“Ahh. Kenchana.”

“Are you okay with it?”

“Yeh. Waeyo omma? You still cannot believe me? I’m serious when I say I will marry only her. So, it won’t be a problem if it is a year or two. I can wait even for 10 years because I had promised you omma.”

He smiles and wink at his mother. Mrs. Choi sigh in relieved. Minho’s stay at Japan had bring light to his face again. He acts like he was before the mention of his marriage. He pats Minho’s arm and smiles to her son.

“Eat more son. I’ll add the soup.”

“Deh omma.”

                                                                                              ***

“Minho is back?”

Shinhye plays with her straw and look at Yonghwa.

“Deh Yongie. And he acts like nothing happens. I thought I see my baby Minho again. Not the adult Minho.”

“Chinca? Maybe he had forgotten the girl. It’s a good thing right Hun.”

“Of course it is but.”

“What is it?”

“It seems like he hides something from us.”

“What make you think that?”

“Molla? I just feel something amiss from his cheerful face.”

“Shinnie, people changed. Maybe Japan makes him change. Don’t think too much about it. You will get wrinkle.”

Yonghwa laugh and sips his coffee. Shinhye pouts and slaps his hand on the table.

“Aishh Yongie. Don’t tease me.”

Yonghwa pinch her cheek and finishes his coffee. He glance at his watch and look at Shinhye.

“Come on. I’ll send you home. I still have works to do in the office. I skip it for a while for you, so, you have to repay me arasseo.”

“Ara. I’ll cook your favourite spaghetti next time.”

“Okay call. Kaja.”

Yonghwa held out his hand to Shinhye. She smiles and took her bestfriend's hand.

“Deh. Kaja.”

 

 

 

 

updated!!

sorry for not revealing the girl even in this chapter...

i'll introduce her in the next chapter...

Kamsahamnida for the comments... ^_^