First Date

Be My Wife

I glance at the wall clock. Its already 4 hours since I part with him but I fell that its just 4 minutes only. I still can hear his words and laughter. He really made me feel like a fairytales princess.

My daydream interupted when my phone ringing. I look at the screen , {my hero<3}. I smiled widely as I attend the call.

"Hello."

"Hi princess. Want to sleep already?"

"No. not yet." (Im waiting for ur call).

"Did you wait for my call?"

How did he know?

"No,not really. I just had my shower when you call."

"Oh, is it? Have you taken your dinner?"

"Yes I had. What about you?"

"Ottokeh? Im full just by hearing your voice. Kekeke."

He is so sweet. I feel my body is floating now.

"Heyy, don’t be like that. You must eat so that you won’t fall sick. If not, how can you protect me?" I said with a small laugh.

"You are my energy boost. I’m energetic whenever I see you. I’m your Clark Kent remember."

 There he goes again. Make me blush.

"Oppa, stop it. Don’t say like that. I cannot sleep if you continue being cheesy you know."

"Ok.. ok.. I’ll stop but make sure you sleep early chagiya. Don’t stay awake untill past midnight. It’s not good for your health."

He really take care of me.

"Alright doctor. Kekeke."

I can hear his laugh at the other line.

"Be good ok. See you tomorrow girlfriend."

"See you tomorrow boyfriend."

I’ve promised  to see him at the public library tomorrow because its school off. My day with him make me have nothing to be worry of. Nothing.

It never occurs in my mind that I am his girl of interest. No boy except Yonghwa had ever spoken sweetly to me like he did. I really can’t conclude why are the boys  being like that. Am I that scary person? But I really don’t care. They did that to all transfer student. Maybe it was a tradition here. There just a few month before I graduate. The only thing that I want to do is study, pass examination excellently and enroll in my favourite University.

But getting in a relationship with the boy that was my first crush is beyond my  dream. Mom is totally right when she said that fairy tales still can be used in this new era. We just need to follow the right path and we can achieve ‘happily ever after’ life and misery.  

On the other hand, Dad always reminded me to not mess with people lives, don’t make enemies, we can’t satisfies everyone but don’t be the reason of someone misery.He can be very strict, total opposite of mom’s  character but they both build up the warm atmosphere in our house.

“ You will always be my little girl even it is 10 or 20 years from now”

That was dad’s words on my first day ever of school.  Oh I miss dad so much. I haven’t seen him since last month. He’s been working hard to stabilize the new branch. Poor dad, it was a relief that Oppa gain interests in business before he finish High School. He can rest a little after Oppa graduates from University. Oppa wants to be an archeologist before. He’s been my role model since I was little. That is why I love history so much. 

Before I sleep that night, I reminisce the things I go through today. It was a wonderful day. I wonder if I can sleep tonight. I feel giddy whenever I remember him. Jae oppa, what have you done to me?

================================

I woke up early the next day. I dolled myself up. It’s my first date. I sure want to look pretty. I twirl in front of the mirror a few times. I took almost an hour to check my appearance.

My phone rings. I smiles as I know who will be calling.

"Hello oppa."

“ Hello Shin princess. Are you getting ready? I will fetch you in 10 minutes.”

“ I’m ready Oppa. We can go right away.”

“ Alright then, wait for me.”

================================

“ Eomonim, we will get going.”

“ Fine. Be careful. You just got your license right? Drive safely. I want my daughter came home without any injury. “

“ Mom. Jae Oppa will surely drive safely. “

“ Omo look at how angry you be when I say something about your boyfriend. “

“ I promise I will be careful eomonim.“ I can sense Jae oppa a bit scared with my mom.

“ I’m just joking young man. You should enjoy life when you are young. Don’t take my words seriously. And you, stop pouting dear. Have fun. Don’t came home too early and don’t be late too. “

Mom laughing while waving at us.

Jae Oppa had relax a bit after my mom’s explanations. When we enter the car, he helps me put on my seat belts. Finally I see him smiling again. How scared can he be earlier?

“ You seems scared at my mom Oppa. I wonder how you would react when you face Dad.”

I can hear him sigh.

“ It’s really not a joke. It didn’t occur in my mind that your mom will dislike me. I’m so worried. I’m glad she is just joking. So, this is how most men feel when he met his girlfriend’s parents. My heart still beating crazily.  “

With that he took my hand and place it at his chest. His heart really beat faster than normal. I laugh at his scared expressions. He really is scared. This man is really adorable.

====================================

We walk to a nearby park after spending 3 hours in the library. Many kind of people were at the park; children, adult, teenagers, students and family having picnic. We search for a vacant bench and rest ourselves under a shady tree. The weather is so good. Its nice being here with the one I love.

When I spend my time in this park before, I envy the couple laughing together happily. I want to come here with my love one too. Today, the little dream came true. Im with him. Spending our time here.

 

“Do you want to have ice cream? I can buy it for you.”

His question brings my mind to reality.

“Of course. I want…..”

“I know your favourite flavor Shinnie. Wait for a while ok. He smile and run to the nearby shop.”

I smiled at him while thinking. Does he really know it?

In less than 5 minutes he came with two cup of ice cream. Cappuccino and chocolate sundae ice cream. He give me the chocolate ice cream. He really know my favourite. I smiled and grab the ice cream from his hand.

“You are so like a kid.”

“I am a kid. Kekeke.”

“Yes you are. And I love to see you like this. Savouring this moment with you really like a dream comes true.”

“Really? Do you love me that much?”

“Very much. I can’t say why I love you,but I can say that you are someone reason to smile.”

“I’m sure that ‘someone’ is you right? Hehehe.”

He smiles and lean his back on the bench. He pat his right  shoulder signing me to lean on it. I lean shyly. He intertwined his fingers with mine.

“You are absolutely right princess.I’m not a cheerful person before.”

“Would you mind to share with me Oppa?”

“I will but not now princess. Come let's go home. Its getting dark.”

“Oh right. Lets go.”

He drop me in front of my house. I invite him inside but he say that he will come another time.

“Do you afraid of my dad?” I love teasing him.

“No its not. I will come again another time. You should go inside now princess.”

“Hmm ok. Goodbye and thanks for today.”

“Its me who must thank you. You cannot imagine how happy I am today. Thanks Shinhye."

“Don’t be too formal with me boyfriend.”

“I won’t again girlfriend.” He chuckled.

He sees me went inside before he  drove away. Another lovely day to remembered.