Starts Of Campus Life

Be My Wife

 

 

 

“Tada.”

“What is it Yong? it looks like a letter.”

“Yes it is.”

Yonghwa smiles and shove the letter to Shinhye’s hand.

 “Read the contents.”

Shinhye puckered her forehead wondering what the letter would be. She stare at Yonghwa smiling face for a while before opening the letter. Slowly she began to smile.

“Chincha?”

Yonghwa nods his head still smiling. Shinhye hugs Yonghwa tightly before releasing him a few seconds later. He pats her back and smile.

“Yongie. This was.  I don’t know what to say. I’m so happy Yongie ya.”

“Deh. I’m surprised that I’ve been approved too.”

“But, when did you apply? You didn’t even tell me.”

“Few days after we have our ice cream date.Just want to make it a surprise.”

“You got me then. See, you succeed in making me cry.”

Yonghwa step forward and hugs his bestfriend and caress her hair.

“Aigoo Shinnie ya. I’m not doing this to make you cry. I just don’t want you to be on your own there. That’s what friends do right?”

“Yongie. Thanks for always thinking for me. I’m so lucky to have you as my best friend. I’ll do anything to repay you one day.”

“Don’t promise because I will definitely ask it later.”

“It’s okay. I’m serious.”

Shinhye said while putting up her right hand as a promise sign. Yonghwa laugh and shakes his head.

“ So, have you prepare anything?”

“Not yet Yong. Waeyo?”

“Let’s prepare together neh. What do you think?”

“Of course I want. Let’s tell mom neh. She will be home any minutes now.”

“Deh. So, coffee?”

“Ara, I’ll make deliciously for you. Wait here okay.”

Yonghwa nods and sit on the couch when Shinhye walks to the kitchen. A few minutes later, she came with two cup of coffee.

“Yong. I still can’t believe that we will enroll together at the University.”

“Me too Shinnie. So glad that I’ve been accepted. If not, I will spend a whole boring year at school.”

“Just do as you were before I became your friend Yongie.”

“I had used to have you with me all the time Shin. I don’t think I can.”

Yonghwa chuckle.

“I’m too childish right?”

He continues.

“Ani. You just behave like this with me. I’m used to it too Yongie. I thought about not having you in my daily day too. And it was frustrated at first. But later, I’ve made my mind to just being the cold Shinhye that only love to study.”

Shinhye laugh.

“Now you can abort that. I’ll be there with you everyday.”

“But we will not be in the same faculty right?”

“Deh, but we can still meet each other during break and in some classes.”

“Right. Ah, now I’m so excited to study there.”

“Me too.”

They laugh and enjoy their coffee. A few minutes later, Mrs. Park came home.

“What’s so funny kids? You did not even notice me.”

“Oh mom. You are home? Yong has something to say.”

Mrs. Park put away her handbag and some files and join them in the living room.

“So, what is it my favourite athlete? Is it regarding soccer again?”

Shinhye and Yonghwa laugh. Mrs. Park really is Yonghwa’s fan.

“Aniyo eomonim. Look at this.”

Yonghwa give Mrs. Park the same letter that he show to Shinhye. Mrs. Park quickly read the contents and smile.

“Omo. You two will be going to the same University?”

Yonghwa and Shinhye nods simultaneously. Mrs. Park went to Yonghwa and give him a hug.

“Congratulation. But, what make you change your mind? I thought you will continue school for another year.”

“I was thinking about this few months before. I make this decision two days before the application closed and I was choosen.”

“It’s great Yong.”

“Thank you eomonim.”

“Where will you live there? Have you find a house or room?”

“Not yet eomonim. I’ll find it later with hyung. We will survey the area first.”

“Just stay with Shin. Her dad had found her a house. It was quite a big one. If you stay with her, I will be a little at ease. You can take care of her too.”

Yonghwa look at Shinhye and Mrs. Park.

“Can I? Won’t it be uncomfortable for you Shin?”

Shinhye smiles and shook her head.

“Of course not Yongie. I’ll be happy if you stay with me. I’ll be all alone in that creepy house.”

Mrs. Park pats Shinhye’s hair and laugh.

“Why do you say it creepy dear? It was a nice house.”

“Yes mom. But living all alone in a big house will make anybody turn scared.”

Yonghwa laugh when Shinhye shows her scared face.

“So my boy? What is your answer?”

“Agree.”

                                                                              ***

“Oppa. Have a safe journey neh. Call me when you arrive.”

“Deh princess. But you need to say this to the pilot because he is the one that responsible for this flight.”

Jaejoong chuckled. Shinhye slaps his arm and pouts.

“Oppa! I’m serious.”

“Deh arasseo. I will be safe okay.”

Jaejoong pull Shinhye for a tight hug.She hugs him back lovingly. She will miss his hug after this. They will not seeing each other for a year. Jaejoong will be going to Italy to further his study in Business and Management and will only come back when he is on holiday. And that will be at the end of his first year.

“Let me hug him too will you?”

Yonghwa voice makes them pull away from their hug. Shinhye blush when she remember that there were not just her and Jaejoong at the airport. There were also Yonghwa’s parents and her parents. She bow her head in embarassement and hide behind Mrs. Park. They all laugh. Mrs. Jung hit Yonghwa’s arm.

“Aigoo Yong. Why did you ? Poor my precious girl. Look how shy she is now.”Mrs. jung said.

Shinhye become more embarrassed. She backhug her mom and hid her face.

“I’m joking omma.”

Yonghwa went to Jaejoong and hugs him. They pat each other back.

“Be safe hyung. I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too Yong. My precious dongsaeng.”

Jaejoong then hug each one of them before setting off.

Shinhye look at him with sad smile plasters on her face. Yonghwa who was standing besides her put his arm around her shoulder. He held her closer  and whisper to her.

“You can cry if you want to.”

Shinhye turn to Yonghwa and smiles.

“I won’t. Jae Oppa will be sad if I cry now.”

Yonghwa smiles at his bestfriend and pats her arm few times. He turns his view to the front.

“Deh, you are Park Shinhye. The toughest girl that I ever met. You will never show your weak side to anyone right?”

Shinhye nods and answers still smiling.

“Except you.”

                                                                                              ***

“So, how is the house Yonghwa?”

They were in the house that Shinhye and Yonghwa will stay during their years at Yonsei University. Yonghwa’s parents can’t join them because they were on business tour again. Mrs. Park and Shinhye were organizing some things in Shinhye’s room. The men had finish arranging the furniture and were resting at the couch while drinking juice.

“Daebak abeoji. It was jjang. The view was awesome.And I was really thankful that you are letting me stay here.”

“Kenchana son. I was relieved when Shin’s mom said you agree staying with her here. I can sleep peacefully at night. I can depend on you for taking care of her.”

“Kenchana abeoji. I will take care of her like my own life.”

“I trust you fully Yonghwa. I really salute your friendships. It was so pure. It’s hard to find someone like you nowadays. I had known you for years. I never failed when I judge someone. The same goes to you.”

“Dad, you praise him too much. He behave like a kid sometimes you know.”

Shinhye said while walking out of her room followed by Mrs. Park. Her words makes Mr. Park bursts out in a big laugh. Mrs. Park sat at one of the couch and smile at her husband. It’s hard to see Mr. Park laugh like that.

“Shinhye ya. That’s men nature. We never grow up. We grow taller, we age, but we will never grow up.”

Shinhye eyes grow bigger. She sats down besides her dad.

“Chincha dad? Wae?”

“Deh. We can’t be independent. We will always depends on women throughout our lives.”

Shinhye blinks her eyes few times with a confuse expression. This is the first time she heard about this.

“But I never read it anywhere dad. Is it a fact?”

“Try ask your mom then.”

Shinhye turn her attention to her mom. Mrs. Park nods her head and smiles before Shinhye ask. Shinhye still wear her confuse look. Yonghwa, Mr. and Mrs. Park laugh at her expression.

“Stop thinking Shin. Just find it out after you get married.”

Shinhye blush when Yonghwa mention about marriage.

“Aigoo, she is shy. Our daughter had grown up.”

Mr. Park said to Mrs. Park. She nods and smiles at her husband.

“Right. We should get her married as fast as we can right Yonghwa.”

Mrs. Park continue teasing her and Yonghwa plays along in sync.

“Deh eomonim. I support your decision 100%. Wait until hyung came back.”

They laugh when Shinhye’s face turn redder.

“Okay, stop now or else I can’t recognize my daughter. Let’s go grab some lunch if you had finish yeobo.”

Mr. Park said and stands up. The other follow his step with smile still plaster on their face except for Shinhye. She still recover from embarassement while walking silently behind them.

                                                                                              ***

“Yong, let’s eat out tonight deh. So tired to cook today.”

“Alright Shin. How is your day?”

“Great, but the group training is really exhausting.”

“That’s because you rarely exercise Shin.”

“Right. You are the one that always exercise.”

Yonghwa chuckle as he flip his notes for the day. Shinhye who was lying down at the couch suddenly stood up and walks towards Yonghwa. She sits in front of him and smiles.

“What now Shin? I was reading.”

“Yongie, we can go home tomorrow right? We had two day off.”

“Okay. As you wish Shin.”

Shinhye claps her hand like a child.

“Great. I really miss mom.”

“Aish this girl. We just start University for a week and you got homesick?”

“Yongie. You know I never left anywhere without mom before this right.”

“Ara. I’m just teasing you. I miss home too.”

The were always in sync in whatever they do. When Shinhye cooks, Yonghwa will help clean the house. When she wash the dishes, he will help her rinse them. Anyone who sees them working together in harmony will think that they were match made in heaven. (ME TOO…KEKEKE)

In the University, they were not in the same faculty. Shinhye was in faculty of Liberal Arts, majoring in History while Yonghwa is in faculty of Science in Education, majoring in Physical Education.

They had just finish the first week of orientation. They still have another week to go before they can start their class.

“Where do you want to eat today Shin?”

“You?”

“You know what my answer will be right?”

“Ramen again? Andwe. I rather cook than make you eat instant noodles.”

“Ara.”

Yonghwa laugh. Shinhye sometimes  acts like his mom. She never let him eat instant food since their school days and it didn’t change a bit.

“Okay, you decide.”

“Let’s eat your favourite spaghetti then.”

“The spaghetti there will not be the same as homemade.”

“There you go again. Don’t be so picky can you.”

Yonghwa just smile when Shinhye nag at him.

“Okay. Okay. Let’s go. Do you want to change first?”

“Ani. I’m okay with this.”

Shinhye was wearing T-shirt and Jeans.

“Okay, let me change my shirt first.”

They went out and eat at their neighbourhood restaurant. Shinhye ordered spaghetti for them. They eats silently and Shinhye will scold Yonghwa whenever he plays with his food rather than eating it as usual. And at last, Yonghwa will finish his food whether he like it or not.

They went home after eating with Yonghwa throwing tantrums.

“Just walk fast Yong.”

“I’ve told you I don’t like the spaghetti there.”

“But why?”

“Maybe because I’ve used to your cooking.”

“Aishh. You love to be pampered don’t you? Ara, I will cook it for you next week.”

Yonghwa laugh and runs to Shinhye’s side. He links his arm to hers and starts walking to their home. Shinhye smiles and shakes her head.

“Dad is right Yongie.”

“Wae?”

“Men won’t grow up. I feel like I was the one taking care of you now.”

Shinhye laugh when Yonghwa nods his head.

“True.”

 

 

 

 

UPDATED!!

SORRY IF THERE WERE LOTS OF ERROR.

I'M IN A HURRY.

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS UPDATE.

KAMSAHAMNIDA.

THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING AND THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR COMMENTS.