He Promised

Be My Wife

 

Still Minsul story...

To all my Yongshin readers, please bear with it for a while okay... ^_^

 

“I’ll marry her omma.”

“Chinca? What make you change your decision?”

Mrs. Choi asked excitedly. Minho looks at Sulli who was cutting the vegetables with Mrs. Park.

“I’ll follow your decision. But I have a condition.”

Mrs. Choi smiles fades.

“What is it son?”

“Give me a year. I don’t want to get married now. Let me readied my mind and soul first.”

Minho stands and walks to his room. There is no smiles on his face. Shinhye sigh. She squeeze Mrs. Choi's hands and stands up. She smiles at Mrs. Park and Sulli.

"I'll go check on him ahjumma."

She followed Minho to his room. He did not close his door. Shinhye steps inside and stands on the door. She saw him standing by the window.

“Minho ya.”

She called with concern. Minho turn to face her and plaster a bitter smile.

“Come in noona.”

She walks near him after closing the door and stands beside Minho. She look at Minho’s sad eyes.

“You did not agree willingly right?”

He just nod while placing his hands in his jeans pockets without shifting his view.

“Kenchana?”

Minho shakes his head.

“I’m not okay noona.”

“Did you tell her?”

This time Minho nods and walks to his bed. He sat there and sigh.

“She doesn’t love me.”

He bow his head and palm his face.

Shinhye walks to him and sits besides Minho. She held his shoulder with her arms and pats his arm. She don’t know what to say  to him. She just sit there silently.

“Why did it hurt so much noona?”

Minho lift up his head and face Shinhye. He was in verge of tear.

“Minho ya.”

Minho hugs his noona and cry on her shoulder.

“I’m in love with her for 6 years noona, but she only treats me as a brother. Ottoke noona? I can’t take it. I didn’t even got the chance to confess to her.”

Minho said in between his sobs. Shinhye breaks the hugs and lift Minho’s head with her hand. She put her hands on his cheek and makes him face her.

“You did not confess? How can you confirm that she doesn’t love you?”

“She said that she only look at me like a brother. She care for me as a sister noona.”

“Minho ya. Tell me who is she. I will talk to her neh.”

Shinhye stands up. Minho hold her hands and shakes his head.

“Just stay with me noona. I can only cry in front of you. You can go when I had stop crying.”

Shinhye stare at Minho’s wet face. She pitied the boy. He never cry this hard before this. She can feel that he loves the girl so much. She sat down on the bed and smiles to him.

“Alright. I will stay.”

Minho put his head on Shinhye’s lap. He shuts his eyes trying to get some sleep as he did not sleep even for a second last night. Shinhye caress Minho’s hair trying to ease his pain with her gentle touch. She usually does this when he is in pain during their childhood. She doesn’t know if it works now but she did it to show that she really care for him.

“Try to sleep Minho ya. Noona will be right here.”

He nods his head and wipes his tears. Shinhye helps him wipes his tears and thought.

“If only I know who the girl is Minho ya. I will help you with all my might.”

                                                                                              ***

Park and Choi family were having dinner on the dining table with Sulli. There were only Minho missing. He did not come down even for lunch.

After he drifted to sleep, Shinhye carefully lift his head and put it on a pillow.

“Where is Minho?”

Mr. Park ask when he did not see him since he is back from office.

“He is in his room.”

Mrs. Park answers when there were no one answering.

Mr. Park nods his head and eats his meal silently. The dining table was so quiet without Minho. Shinhye finishes her food and so do Sulli. They excuses themselves and walks to Shinhye’s room. The adults starts talking about Minho and his marriage seriously since the girls were not there.

“Don’t you think it’s not the right time for Minho to get married. He is still 23. He is too young to start a family.”

Mr. Park asks Mr. Choi.

“I’m not forcing him hyung. I want to ask him first but Jiwoo had spilled it.”

Mrs. Choi lower her head. She is afraid of her brother in law since he married her sister. He is strict and he did not like sudden news like this. She thinks that Mr. Park won’t question her decision since he did not opens his mouth yesterday.

“I’m just suggesting, and he had agree to it brother in law.”

She answers with low voice.

“Did he agree with all his heart? Because it doesn’t seem like that.”

Mr. Park said sternly. Mr. Choi waiting for his wife to answer too. He too thinks that his wife is being too excited with the marriage thing.

“I don’t want him to lose a good wife. From what I heard, the girl is a very good girl. She is humble and full of manners. She will be a good pair for uri Minho.”

Mrs. Park sigh.

“Have you seen the girl Jiwoo?”

“Not yet unni. But I had look at her picture once. I don’t really remember her face, but as far as I remember, she is beautiful. But I will cancel it if you all didn’t like it.”

“I’m not asking you to drop the idea, because I and your unni married as arranged by our parents too. And it’s not a bad thing. We lead a happy life for more than 20 years. The difference is, we had known each other since we are little. We had prepared for it. But not in Minho’s case. He must be shocked by the sudden idea that he needs to marry your chingu’s niece.

Mr. Choi nods his head few times, agreeing Mr. Park’s reasoning.

“Did I acts immaturely unni?”

Mrs. Choi asked Mrs. Park. She nods.

“You were mature than me since we are little Jiwoo ya, but you acts immature in this case. Marriage is a big thing. You should discuss with him first.”

“Kenchana ahjumma. I had made my mind. I’ll marry her and I will never change my decision in any situation I’m in. I promised.”

Minho’s sudden confession shocked everyone in the dining table. They turn to Minho who was standing on the end of the stairs. Mrs. Choi stands and walks to his son.

“I’m sorry if I made wrong decision Minho ya. You don't need to go through it if you don’t want to. I’ll talk to her. she will understand.”

Minho hold his mom’s hand and squeeze it.

“Ani omma. Don’t cancel it. Just tell them that I need a year to clear my mind. I just need time. That’s all.”

“But.”

“That’s my final decision omma.”

Minho cuts in. Mr. Choi sigh and walks to his wife.

“Okay then. Let’s go with it yeobo. Our son had agree. Just don’t force him anymore.”

He pats Minho’s shoulder and walks to the living room. Mr. Park also joins him later. Minho walks to the dining table and sit down on one of the chair. He starts eating silently. Mrs. Park and Mrs. Choi stare at him waiting for him to say something, but he just keep eating, ignoring the eyes on him. he finishes his rice and walks to the sink. He washes his hands and smiles to his mother and Mrs. Park before he walks upstairs.

                                                                              ***

“I’m going to train the new workers in our new branch ahjussi.”

“You can send someone else. You don’t have to go there yourself Minho.”

“Ani. It’s better if I go myself. I can learn new things there. Besides that, I want to show our employees that I’m capable of other things too.”

Mr. Park sigh.  That was Minho decision and it was final. Minho had tell him that before but he didn’t put any interest on it. But today, he is confirm that Minho is serious.

“Have you told your parents?”

“Yes. They allow me. It’s just for a year and I’m a grown up man now ahjussi.”

Minho show his manly smiles. Mr. Park nods and signs the letter.

“Do your best.”

Minho smiles and took the paper work.

“Deh ahjussi. I will.”

                                                                                                 ***

"Why don't you see her once Minho ya? I'll make the appoinment with my friend."

"Kenchana omma. I will see her on my wedding day."

"But still you should met her."

"Omma. I had promised that I will marry her. Why did I have to see her? Will you cancel it if I don't like the girl?"

Mrs. Choi sigh. She stop persuades her son. Minho is determined.

"I feel that I had forced you son."

"Ani. I made this decision myself. So, don't worry too much."

Minho shoves his cloth in the luggage. He went to his wardrobe and brought out few shirts and necktie.

"Will you come back for holiday?"

"I don't know yet omma. I'll try."

Mrs. Choi sat on the bed and helps her son pack his things.

"Is there anything else that you forget?"

"No. But there is still lot of time. I can just buy it if I forgot."

Mrs. Choi nods.

"Have you told Shinhye?"

"Deh. I've told her yesterday. After ahjussi had sign the approval paper."

"Hmm."

Minho smiles at his omma.

"Why omma?"

"Ani. I just don't want to be part from you again."

"Aigoo. What if I got married? I still will be apart from you."

He chuckled.

"It's not the same darling."

"It's all the same omma. I've been living far from you and appa since I enroll in University. I don't think a year will be a big deal for you."

"But then, you still go home for holiday."

"Omma. A year will pass by in a blink of eyes. Don't worry to much. Prepare for my wedding when I'm back okay."

"Deh."

Minho closed his luggage and put it on the corner of his room. He sat down on his table and starts to check on some files.

"Minho ya."

"Wae omma?"

"Are you really not mad at omma?"

Minho sigh and stands up. He walks to his omma and sats besides her.

"Omma. I know you will always think the best for me.I'm not angry at all. I'm just shocked. That's all. Why would I get mad on my dearest omma?"

Minho said and hugs his mother. Mrs. Choi pats Minho's back and release the hug.

"I'm relieved that you think like that. I was afraid if I will destroy your future."

"Omma, not all love story will have happy ending and not all happy ending have a great love story behinds it. I just need to create one with my future wife."

"Woa. My son can even utter that quotes."

"Someone thought me before omma."

Minho smiles.

"He/She must be good son."

"Yeh omma."

"You still got works to do?"

"A little."

"Okay then, i'll be going out first. Don't forget to.."

"Brush my teeth before sleeping. Arayo omma."

Mrs. Choi laugh and kiss Minho's head before she walks out of his room. Minho sigh for the nth time and walks to his table.

"I'll go far from here starting next week. I hope I can forget about you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

short update...sorry i'm not feeling too well...

i love the comments chingus...

Kamsahamnida for the positive words.. ^_^