Those Little Things Will Be Sweet Memories

Be My Wife

 

“He is my senior in my school at Busan unni.”

Sulli started. Shinhye slap her forehead.

“Why did I didn’t think about that? I forget to ask which school were you in back then.”

Sulli smiled. Minho was mesmerized by her smile. He sees Sulli like a glimmering pearl that winking by the ray of sunlight.

“Beautiful.” He thought and smiles like a fool.

“Minho. Why didn’t you speak anything? You know her right?”

“Aniya unni. I don’t think he remember me. We just speak for once.”

Minho was shocked at Sulli’s answer.

“Why did she say that? Am I that bad back then? Oh right. I didn’t talk to any girl besides my classmates. Maybe she thinks I was a snob.”

Minho thought, still not utter a word.

Sulli smiles again. Shinhye and Mrs. Park look at both of them wondering. Mrs. Park smile and pat Minho shoulder.

“Say something Minho.”

Minho was startled. He was stunned at the creature in front of him. Blinking his eyes few times, Minho cleared his throat.

“I know her ahjumma, noona. She is Sulli, my junior from class 4KJ.”

It was Sulli turn to be shocked. She didn’t expect Minho to remember that.

Minho smiles at Sulli. Sulli blushed. He laugh at the sight.

“Let’s be friend neh Sulli ssi.”

Sulli blush even more. She nod her head few times before answering.

“Deh sunbaenim.”

“Don’t call me that, call me Oppa as I was older than you.”

Minho words once again make Sulli blush. She wanting to call Minho by that since she saw him.

“Deh.”

“Okay. Finish introduction. Now let’s eat deh children.”

“Deh.”

Minho and Shinhye answered together while Sulli still recover from shocked. They eat happily. And you know who is the happiest person right.

Minho steal a glance at Sulli whenever he had the chance. Shinhye who wants to ask him something saw his doing.

“You can’t take your eyes from her right Minho?”

Shinhye’s question startled both Minho and Sulli. They look at each other at the same time. Sulli’s face turn crimson red while Minho try to remain calm. They continue eating silently while Shinhye smiles michieviously.

                                                                              ***

“Minho. What do you think of Sulli?”

Minho and Shinhye were in her bedroom. Minho was lying down on Shinhye’s bed while flipping sports magazine, while Shinhye sits in front of her dressing table.

“Adorable and cute noona. Wae?”

“Right? I like her the very first time I saw her. She is a girl full of manner. She still call Yong as sunbaenim. Jae Oppa always ask her to call him Oppa but she says she feel comfortable in calling him sunbae.”

“Is it noona? Then I will force her calling me Oppa.”

Minho laugh.

“Yah, treat her nicely okay. Don’t you dare treats her like your fangirls. Aishh why are you so popular? You are not that handsome.”

“Noona. You are being harsh. You know I’m handsome than anyone else.”

“Right. My baby should be the most handsome boy in the world.”

Shinhye turns to Minho and laugh while patting Minho’s hair. Minho smiles at his noona remarks.

“Noona.”

“Deh.”

“Do you know if she has a boyfriend yet?”

“I don’t think so. But she did tell me that she has a boy she like. But I don’t really sure who he is.”

Shinhye turns back at the mirror and starts to comb her hair.Minho’s expression darken.

“Oh.”

“What’s with that oh?”

“Nothing noona. But, where do you want to go?”

“I want to accompany Yong shopping for eomonim’s present. Wae? Do you want to come along?”

“Shopping with you? Absolutely no.”

Minho shakes his head few times. Shinhye laugh.

“I know you won’t. That’s why I ask you. I’ll be going neh. Don’t mess my room arasseo?”

“Okay madam!”

Shinhye ruffle Minho’s hair and walks out. Minho flips the magazines again while thinking of Sulli.

“Who is the guy?”

                                                                              ***

“Shin. Just choose something. We had went to almost 10 shops and you didn’t choose any. Choose one palli. We are not window shopping right now.”

They had spent two hours at the mall. Yonghwa had become bored. He don’t like shopping like any other guy but he need to buy presents for his mom’s birthday.

“Yong, we can’t just choose anything. We need to go through the item carefully so it will suits your omma liking.”

“She will like anything you chose Shin. Just choose anything will you?”

“Aish this boy. You need to go through this situation when you got yourself a girlfriend later. Just treat this as training neh.”

Shinhye smiles and Yonghwa’s annoyed face.

“That’s why I didn’t want to find myself a girlfriend. I didn’t have enough time to accompany you shopping, how can I have time to accompany her?”

Shinhye laugh. She knows that Yonghwa hates shopping but he endure it for her. if it was someone else, he had left for now.

“Ara. Ara. We will find her a necklace. What do you think?”

Yonghwa nods his head.

“Okay. Okay.  Let’s go to the Jewellery Shop now.”

He hold Shinhye’s hand and pull her towards the Jewellery Shop.

“Welcome customer. Which would you like?”

“We are looking for necklace.”

Yonghwa answered quickly. Shinhye laugh and nods at the worker. She led them to the conter and show a few new collections.

“Will this be okay?”

Yonghwa shows Shinhye a heart pendant necklace. She shakes her head. Then Yonghwa shows her a flower pendant necklace and that was a no from Shinhye too.

“Aishh. You can’t decide here too?”

Yonghwa had lose his patience. The worker smiles at both of them.

“Buy this one for your girlfriend young boy. She will like it.”

She shows a star pendant necklace and Shinhye nods right away while smiling.

"I love it. Buy this one Yongie."

"Since you are a couple, we will give you discount."

"But.."

"Deh, kamsahamnida."

Yonghwa was interupted by Shinhye.Shinhye smiles. Yonghwa shakes his head and give the necklace back to the worker.

“Pack this before she changes her mind miss.”

Yonghwa said to the worker and earned a glare from Shinhye. The worker smiles and pack the necklace for him. Yonghwa paid for it and they walk out of the Shop.

"Girls just love discount right?"

Yonghwa laugh when Shinhye nods seriously.

“Do you have anywhere to go Yongie?”

Shinhye asked with her aegyo.

“You want to go to the ice cream kiosk right? No need to show me that look. Let’s go.”

Shinhye held Yonghwa arms and lean her head to his arm.

“Thanks Yongie ya.”

“You only acts like a girl when you need ice cream huh?”

“I acts like a girl all the time Yong!”

Shinhye answered pouting. Yonghwa laugh at his bestfriend actions.

“Pouts if you want me to kiss it.”

Shinhye slaps Yonghwa arm hard.

“Yah. Don’t you dare huh.”

“Hahaha. Now my rude Shin is back.”

Yonghwa put his arm around Shinhye and they walk to the ice cream shop laughing.

                                                                              ***

“So still chocolate?”

“Deh.” Shinhye answered smiling.

“Okay. Wait for a while. I’ll order for us.”

Yonghwa went to the counter and order their ice cream. He came with two cups of chocolate ice cream. They share many same interests. They love the same ice cream flavor, the same coffee, and the same favourite colours. They will suits well as a couple, but they ends up being best of best friend.

“Are you really not going to continue for next senior year Shin?”

“Deh Yongie. I’ve filled up the form. I’m going to enroll it soon after graduate this year.”

“Is it? Okay then. What University are you applying?”

“Yonsei.”

“Okay.”

“Why Yongie? Do you feel bad?”

“Why won’t I? You won’t be there. Who will lend me notes?”

“You just need to choose Yonghwa. Lots of girls will volunteer for even a year.”

Shinhye laugh when she remembered Yonghwa’s fangirls. Yonghwa shrug his shoulder and continue eating his ice cream.

“Sulli knows?”

“I did not tell her yet. You are the first.”

“But hyung knows right?”

“Deh. But I had told you before right. I’ve told him last month, months after I make the decision with you.”

“What did he tell you?”

“He wish me luck. What else. He supports everything I do.”

“He will study abroad right Shin? In the University that late uncle studied before.”

“Deh. Wae?”

“Are you okay with that? You will be separated by miles away,”

“Kenchana. Let’s be professional Yongie ya. I’m not the clingy type, so do him.”

“How I wish I would find someone like you Shinnie. I hate those clingy type of girls.”

Shinhye laugh when Yonghwa shows his annoyed face over those girls. Shinhye is the shy type at first, that’s why she did not behave like most girls in her school. That was one of the reason Yonghwa feel comfortable with her. He can mingle with her like most of his boy friends.

“If you had finish, we should get going.”

“Deh Yongie. Kaja.”

                                                                              ***

“Unni. Wae?”

“I had make this decision long ago Sulli ah.”

“Ah unni. I think I can get another year to spend with you at school.”

Sulli said pouting.

“We can meet when I was on holiday right.”

“Deh unni.”

Sulli shows her sad face to Shinhye. Shinhye pinch her nose and smiles.

” You can join me after two years dear.”

“But it was long time before we can hang out and study together again unni.”

“Sulli ah.”

“Arasseo. Kenchana unni. I will study hard to be approve to study in your University so that we can study together.”

Shinhye said while doing 'fighting' gesture with her fists.

“Adorable. That’s the spirit sweetheart.”

                                                                              ***

“Noona. Support me on the match okay.”

“No. I will always support Yongie.”

“Aish noona.”

“Futhermore, you are not from our school. Why should I show my support to you?”

Shinhye smile sheepishly.

“Can’t you support both team?”

“No.”

“Noona.”

“Just eat fast. I need to go to school early today.”

“Deh.”

Minho starts to eat faster. His noona will turn serious in school. He needs to behave.

“Good morning Shinnie, Minho.”

“Good morning hyung. Wow, you are early.”

“Yongie. Wae?”

“I’m going to school with Minho today, so you can go alone.”

"Eyy."

Yonghwa laugh and sat at one of the chair. He took a bread,put jam on it and eat it.

“Where is eomonim?”

“Kitchen. Wae?”

“Eomonim, milk for me please.”

Yonghwa shouted.

“Yah. You can ask me right?”

“It’s okay, it’s been long since eomonim pampered me.”

Minho and Shinhye laugh at Yonghwa. Mrs. Park walks out of the kitchen with a glass of milk.

“Good morning my boy. You are early. Is there something wrong?”

“Nothing eomonim. Just miss you.”

“Aigoo. You just miss me now huh?”

Yonghwa stands up and hugs Mrs. Park.

“Aniya eomonim. I was busy training.”

“Ahhh right. Minho had told me that he trains with your team. How is it going on?”

“Great as usual.Come and watch our match tomorrow eomonim. We will play against each other for final.”

“Yes ahjumma. Make sure you support me.”

Shinhye laugh's burst when Minho ask her mom to support him.

“You ask the wrong person again Minho.”

“Waeyo? Ahjumma will support me right?”

“Sorry darling. I am the biggest fan of Yonghwa.”

They laugh when Minho pouts.

“Your aegyo won’t work this time baby.”

Shinhye said and continue laughing.

“Aish, both of you were really harsh. I’m so hurt ahjumma.”

“Don’t be Minho. You will lose your cool. Let’s go now. Shin, do you wanna come along?”

“Deh. I’ll take my bag.”

“Wait for a while hyung. I didn’t finish my breakfast yet.”

“Ara. I’ll wait outside. Bye eomonim.”

“Goodbye dear. Do well neh.”

“I will.”

“Ahjumma, wish me too.”

“Yes, you too. do well okay.”

“Yeh. Thank you ahjumma. I’ll be going too.”

Mrs. Park shakes her head on the kids behavior. She starts to clean the table after they left for school.

                                                                                              ***

“Minho, try ask Sulli to support you. You had succeed making her call you Oppa right? Maybe you can do this too.”

“Great idea noona. I will ask her later.”

“Speaking of which, there is she?”

“Where hyung?”

“She almost arrive at the main gate. Wait for a while, I’ll park the car.”

“Ani hyung, let me down here. I will alight here.”

“Be patient Minho, Sulli will wait for me there. She won’t go anywhere.”

“Is it noona?”

Minho asked while scratching his head. Both Yonghwa and Shinhye shakes their heads.

“You show your competitiveness even in this Minho? I’m impress chincha.”

Yonghwa chuckle. He then park his car. As soon as the car stops, minho jumps out and run towards the entrance.

“Sulli. Support me at the match tomorrow neh. Please. I don’t have any supporter. They will support Yonghwa hyung. You are from my school right? Please support me. I’ll be thankful if you do. Please Sulli ah.”

Minho took Sulli’s hand and shakes it few time. She was shocked. He didn’t let her think for even a seconds. Sulli just say yes unconsciously.

“Deh Oppa.”

As soon as Sulli agreed, Shinhye and Yonghwa arrived. Shinhye who saw Minho gripping Sulli’s hand slap his arm. Minho release Sulli’s hand and look at his noona.

“You force her don’t you? See how scared she is. Poor my sweetheart.”

Shinhye give Sulli a quick hug and release her.

“Kenchana unni. He didn’t do anything. I was just shocked that someone suddenly approach me.”

Sulli smiles at Shinhye.

“Is it? Apologize Minho.”

“Mianhe Sulli. Forgive Oppa neh.”

“Kenchanayo Oppa. I will give you my support.”

“You are so kind Sulli ya. Let me give him a beating after this deh.”

Shinhye said while glaring at Minho. He just smiles and stick out his tounge. Shinhye tried to hit him but Yonghwa who has been looking at them since they start arguing hold her hand.

He then lean to Shinhye ear and whispered to her.

“Shin, we are in school.”

“Ahh. I forget. This is all this kid doings.”

They laugh and starts to walk. Shinhye and Sulli walks towards the reading room while Yonghwa and Minho walks to the field. They will starts training early today as they have their final tomorrow.

Shinhye and Sulli talks as they walk.

“Unni, when will Jaejoong sunbaenim economic course ends?”

“Thursday Sulli. Wae?”

“Ani. I’m just asking. Don’t you miss him unni?”

“Of course I miss him but we can still talk to each other by phone. But not in your case right Sulli. You can’t even talk to him.”

“Kenchana unni.”

Sulli smiles meaningful but only she can understand the cause of her smile.

“I can even feel his hand on mine unni. Sorry for keeping it from you.”

Sulli thought without fading her smiles.

                                                                              ***

“I’ve told you baby, my Yongie will win.”

Shinhye continues to annoyed Minho while Yonghwa smiles proudly besides her. Sulli smiles at Minho cuteness. She really thankful that Minho was Shinhye’s cousin as she can see him everyday for this two weeks.

“Stop sulking. Winning is not important if you had do your very best. Apart from that, Yonghwa’s team had won in national.” Mrs. Park said.

“Right Minho ya. As your rival in that game, I found that your team is quite tough to handle. They were good.”

Yonghwa said to cheer Minho up. But still he was feeling down. He really want to win this game because she wants to impress Sulli.

“Kenchana Oppa. You had won many match before.”

It was Sulli turn to cheer Minho up. And it was a success as Minho started to smiles.

“Chincha? You had watch me play before?”

All eyes were on Sulli. Sulli smiles and nod.

“Deh. I watch it at school with friends. So, cheer up Oppa. Make this loses a challenge to overcome your skill.”

“See noona. That’s how you should say to me as a noona. Sulli is more mature than you.”

Shinhye laugh and put her arm around Sulli.

“I’m just joking Minho ya. I think mom will say those things. But as expected, Sulli is the girl full of wisdom.”

They all laugh. As they were walking to the car park,Mrs. Park receive a call from her assistant. She need to go to office to solve some upcoming problem at the company. She asked them to have dinner without her. Leaving her car key to Yonghwa, she goes to the office with her chauffer.

“So, what do you want to eat today Shin?”

“Let’s ask Minho. He was feeling down earlier. Let’s cheer him up.”

 Shinhye whispered to Yonghwa. Just nodding his head, Yonghwa turn to Minho who walk slowly behind them with Sulli. They had grown closer in these days. Sulli doesn't feel awkward around Minho anymore.

“You do the choosing on our dinner Minho. Just tell me what do you want to eat.”

“Me hyung?”

“Yes you. Do you have any craving right now?”

“Let’s eat dukbokki hyung. I really crave for it since we can’t eat it during out training.”

“Okay. Dukbokki it is.”

They board the car. Shinhye and Sulli took the back seat while Minho seat besides Yonghwa. They went to a dukbokki stall and ice cream parlour the next. The boys talk about soccer most the time.

“I’m glad you are here Sulli. I always been left behind if I go out with them before.”

“I’m glad I’m here too unni.”

Sulli smiles and lean her head at Shinhye’s shoulder.

“Thank you for being my friend all this time unni. I’m really so thankful.”

“Me too Sulli ya.”

Shinhye sigh when she thought about her leaving Sulli, Yonghwa and the school.

"I will miss you Sulli."

Shinhye tought and caresses Sulli's hair.