Three Years Passed By

Be My Wife

 

3 years later

 

 

“I don’t want to go.”

“You must go.”

“It will be 2 full week princess. I will miss you even before I board on plane.”

“Don’t be like this oppa, you make me feel like I’m the one that will slow down your company progress.”

“But we both know you are not.”

“Yes, but others will think that your fiancée is being queen control even before marriage.”

I said and let out a little laugh. I know he is still pouting on the other line.

“Yah,just go. I’ll always wait for you here. I’m not gonna hunt for a new man.”

“Princess, you know that’s not what I mean. I just don’t feel like going.”

I feel that too but I really cannot tell him. This business deal is very important to their company. He’s been working on it for about two years.

“Let’s stop this conversation here oppa. I need to go now. I’ll call you later.”

“But princess.”

“No more buts dearie. Lets stop alright. Bye.”

I quickly press the end call button. Oh God,what’s with this feeling. Something was not right. I can feel that. But I’m not going to tell him, it will make him push away his deal and be by my side. That doesn’t make any good for us. His ambition will shattered in a split of time. Dear God, I hope everything will be just fine.

“Shinhye unni.”

I was interrupted by Sulli’s voice.

“ Wae Sulli ah?”

“You are going to class in 10 minutes right? I have a favor to ask. Can you pass this pile of paper to Yonghwa sunbaenim? I really need to rush to the meeting room right now. Pleaseee.”

Sulli pleads me with her adorable puppy eyes. How can I say no to her.

“Haha. You don’t need to show me that face Sulli. Give me that, I’ll drop by his class before I go to mine. Go fast or else Mr. Drake will pissed off. I wonder why he always bullies the new teachers.”

“You are right unni. I better go now. Wonder what does he wants now. Thanks a lot unni.”

“You owe me an ice cream Sulli ya.”

I shout and I saw her put up ok sign with her right hand while sprinting to the door.

Yonghwa, although he is very immature and childish to me and Jae Oppa, he is very strict to Sulli. But at the same time, he is also very  protective towards Sulli.

For once, I see yonghwa acts according to his age. I smell something fishy at that time. Is that Yong had something that he didn’t tell me? I’m so curious.

So, when I met Jae Oppa, I ask him about Yong. Who else know him better than Jae Oppa. He talks everything to him as in EVERYTHING.

“Oppa, Yong is very strict and protective to Sulli. I can see his changing Oppa. Maybe Sulli change him? Many says that a woman can change a man behavior. “

My question brings laughter to Jae Oppa.

“Is that what you want to know princess? Won’t he be telling you first if he likes Sulli?”

“ Maybe he don’t want me to know Oppa. since I’m like an unni to her.”

Jae Oppa laugh again. I pout when I feel like he is not taking my question seriously. He took my hand and kissed it.

“Don’t sulk Shinnie. I feel like kissing your pouty lips right now."

I stop pouting at once. Jae Oppa laugh louder and sips his drink.

"Do you want to know a secret? He is a protective oppa to our little cousins princess.”

Jae Oppa pause a little and smiles.

“ So, that’s not a suprising thing when he behave like that sweetheart.”

“Is it oppa? Why I don’t know about that?”

“There you go asking innocently. That is because he only show his childishness to you. So, you never had the chance to see his other side.”

“Ohh.”

Jae Oppa laugh at my blankness.

 I really think that Yonghwa had fallen for Sulli. But I was totally wrong. Their relationship is just as Oppa-Dongsaeng and sunbae/ hubae. Totally opposite my assumption.

I smiled when I remember that day. Luckily I didn’t ask Yonghwa straightly.

My next class will start in a few minutes. I quickly took my things and some books along with Yonghwa’s paper and make my way out from the teacher’s room.

“Here you go Jung saem.”

“Wow. Thanks Shinnie. This kid cannot be trusted. She easily handed her task to you.”

“Yah! I’m just helping since I’m going to my class which is just opposite from your class. And other than that, she is been called to the meeting room by your favourite principal.”

 “He’s not ok.”

“Yeah, I believe you. hahaha.”

“It’s really not Shin.”

“I know. I know. Just go back into your class. The boys had started their concert.”

“They’re having fun. Let them be. Oh before I forget, let’s eat lunch together, I have something important  to discuss with you.”

“Ok then, see u at our spot.”

I walk to my class smiling at Yonghwa’s behavior.Three years already past . Yonghwa and I had been approved to teach at our former high school. Me as history teacher of course while his time is fully occupied in P.E  time, mostly soccer and basketball. He teaches arts only for 2 hours a day and he got the special treatment  from Mr. Drake.

He should be working at his father’s company but he is Jung Yong Hwa. Very hard headed and spoiled son of Mr and Mrs Jung. He says that he need time before he can manage the company. And that decision is fully supported by his loving hyung that spoiled him more. So that’s why I still stuck with him even after we graduated.

“On today’s assignment, I want all of you to form a group of 3 person. After you form your group, discuss about Hanok . Search and list as much as you know about this house. Make sure you write about the differences of the houses according to the social class. You can use any kind of references as long as it based on the history. Be careful to not mix up the facts guys. Come and see me if you have any questions.“

“Yes Sonsaengnim.”

“I will give you two full weeks to finish it. Is that okay?”

“ Okay seonsaengnim.”

“Good, now we shall continue with last week’s chapter. ”

My last class ended up late. I feel so tired because I did not get enough rest these weeks. I planned to go home when I remember I got an appointment with my bestfriend. I walk lazily to the café. As I reach there, I found Yonghwa sitting while playing with his drinking straw. That’s common thing that I see in Yonghwa. He still have the talent to make me replenish my energy when I’m tired. I laugh and sit in front of him.

“What’s with the laugh Shinnie?”

“Nothing. Just remember something funny.”

“Ahh”

“Is that even a response? Hehehe. So what did you want to discuss with me?”

“You looks tired Shin. Are you okay?”

“ I’m okay,just a bit tired. Now tell me what is it?”

“I’ve been called to train for coach job in England.

“WHAT?!! Are u serious?? When?"

“Yesterday. I do not know if I want to go or not. What do you think?”

“It’s a big deal that you get that Yongie, how do you suppose to say you don’t know? Just go.”

“But I have many things here that I don’t want to leave back. Especially you.”

“I’ve grown up already okay, not the clumsy little girl you use to hang out with.”

“I know. I just. Hyung also needs to go abroad often for his business. He is leaving for German in a week right.”

“Yes he is. Okay, I got it. Just make space for you to think. When is the plane ticket?”

“It’s two month from now.”

“Just think calmly dearie. I hope you make a wise decision.”

Yonghwa held my hand that was on the table and squeeze it.

“Thanks Shinnie ya.”

I smile and pats his hand.

“You’re welcome as always Yongie.”

                                                                       ***

I was combing my hair when Yonghwa knock on my door. I glance at him and saw him walking in.

“Okay what is your decision?”

“You sure fast. Can't you let me sit first chagiya?”

Shinhye smile and points on her bed.

“Sorry. Sit here. So what is your decision?”

Yonghwa lie down on the bed and sigh.

“I’m going.”

“Really? Good then Yong. That’s your dream right?”

“Yes it is but I can cancel it anytime if I want. I had stable job right now.”

“Yah! Don’t you ever change your decision without my concern alright.”

“Shin, I'm not canceling it because of you.”

“Don’t try to lie honey! You are really bad at it.”

“Hahaha you got me. I really don’t know how I can survive there alone.”

 “Yeah! You are such a spoil child right? Be mature can you? How long you can rely on your mom? Poor eomonim. Had to take care of such a big baby.”

I glare at him but he just smile sheepishly.

“Oh God Yongie. Grow up.”

“I don’t want. I got my hyung that love me so much. You have to bear with me for your whole live. I will stick like a glue at both of you. Kekeke. “

I’m going to scold him more but mom shouts from downstairs.

“Shin dear. Come down and have dinner before you continue nagging Yonghwa. Fill up your strength first.”

“Mom! You spoil him too.”

I shoot a glare at him. He just smile and walks to the door.

“No dinner for you Jung saem.”

I stick out my tounge and run downstairs.

“Yah Park saem. You are being mean.”

He then ran after me.

“Shin! Don’t be like that to my favourite soccer star.”

“Yeah eomonim is the best. Give me food please. “

Yonghwa hugs my mom and kiss her cheek.

“Just eat silently Yonghwa.”

Mom laugh at our small quarrel and sits beside me.

“Aigoo Shin. Let him be. He is just so cute you know. If I got another daughter I will marry you off to her. You have such a good character. Don’t you think Shin?”

“I know mom. I love him too. He mean a lot to me. That’s why I want him to be mature. He is been on and off relationship too often. Some of the girl complain that he is not taking anything seriously.”

“I take seriously if it is your’s and hyung’s case.”

“I know pabo. Besides that? Find yourself a life partner that can make you mature.”

“Arasseo ahjumma. Don’t nag too much. Save it for later. You told me to eat silently but you are the one who keep talking.”

I’m just worried of you Yong.”

“Yes you must. That’s what friend do right eomonim?”

He show his toothy grin to my mom. Of course she will support him. He is my mom’s unborn son. Since my brother got married, he stay in LA and manage one of my father’s company there. Yonghwa usually come and cheer my mom. He sure talks a lot and he is good at making jokes too. That’s why he still is my mom’s favourite. Minho lives with us now too since our parents had join the companies and build it as one and makes the one in Seoul as the main office. He manages it well. Sometimes he don’t have time to eat dinner with us. He is too doted in his work.

“Alright, lets eat properly now hun. We need to meet your hyung later. He tell me to drag you along with me no matter what.”

“Alright madam.”

                                                                                              ***

“So, here is the copy of the agreement. I really need your help Yongie yaa. If I can divide my body I will, but you know that I can’t right.”

“Hyung, you know that I will do when you say it. Why you must say things like that?”

“I know that you don’t want to involve in this business thing yet Yong. I hope I don’t force you getting into it.”

“No hyung. I will do it. This is important enough for you. Of course I will settle it. I just need to put a coat and necktie right. It’s simple hyung.”

“Here you go. Americano for you baby Yongie and black coffee for you oppa.”

Yonghwa sips his drinks right away. I shook my head and turns my attention to Jae Oppa.

“Oppa, don’t you think you drink too much black coffee these days? Is there any problems?”

Jae Oppa just smiles while shaking his head.

“Share with me oppa. Don’t keep it to yourself.”

“Sweetheart, you are worrying for nothing. Im addicted to coffee after drinking your wonderful coffee. That’s all.”

“Yeah Shinnie. Your coffee is so daebak. But you wont make one for me earlier.”

“We are going to a café. Why would I pamper you with coffee?”

“Opss okay my mistakes. Hyung, is there anything else you want me to do? I got a match to catch up in an hour.”

“No Yong. That’s all. Thanks again nae dongsaeng.”

“Eyy hyung. What with that formality. Don’t thank me.”

“Alright. Get going now. You will be late. Do you drive your car here? Or did you come with Shin’s car?”

“We came by his car. Do you need to get back to office oppa?”

“If you have to, I will send Shin home on my way.”

“No Yong. I will send her. I’m free tonight. No office till tomorrow morning. You should go now.”

Yonghwa nods and took his training bag.

“Okay hyung. Take care. Bye shinnie.”

“Bye Yong. Be safe.”

“Shin, can you spend the the evening with me? I've asked eomonim and she give her consents.”

“Is it? Okay I will.”

“Let’s go then. I’ll take my car first. Wait in front.”

“Arraseo oppa.”

After 20 minutes, we arrive at Jae oppa’s apartment. I’ve been to his home countless time but this is my third time going without my bestfriend along.

“Shin, which one do you like as our home after marriage?”

We were sitting in the living room with Jae oppa’s head resting on my lap. I twirl his bang and smiles when he caught my hand signaling me to stop doing it.

“I’ll let you do the choosing oppa. i don’t mind as long as we feel comfortable.”

“Sweetheart. You need to choose sometimes. Don’t just let me choose everything. You should argue with me once in a while too.”

“Oppa, how can I argue with you when you never did anything that make me angry? You are too perfect.”

Jae oppa took my hand and kiss my palm softly.

“I love you so much my sweetheart.”

“I love you too oppa.“

“But I love you much much more.”

“Aishh oppa. don’t be so cheesy.”

“I’m being romantic princess.”

Jae Oppa chuckled and sits besides me. He give me a loose hug and kissed my hair softly.

“You smell so good Shin. I’ll sure miss your scent after this.”

“Oppa, you just be going for 2 weeks.”

“Ara. Ara. I just miss you every seconds.”

I laugh and slaps his arm playfully. Jae Oppa laugh and held me tighter.

“Oppa, I’m going to drink water. Do you want some?”

“Sure honey. I want ice coffee.”

“Coffee again? Oppa!”

“No?  Then I’ll drink you instead. Come here.”

Jae Oppa laugh and tried to catch me. I walk backwards while keeping my hands in front of me.

“Oppa don’t.”

“ Okay. Okay. I’m just joking. I’ll wait for the right time princess.”

My cheek turn slight red when Jae Oppa said that. He smiles and pinch my nose lovingly.

“ Can you bring me some mineral water please. Arghh I want to lie down for a while.“

Jae Oppa said while massaging his nape.

“ Do you want me to give you a massage Oppa?”

“ It’s ok Shin. You are tired too. You handled monsterous kids every day. Hehehe.”

“ Oppa, don’t say that to my students. They are adorable. Come and visits us someday. You never show up at my additional class. It will always be Yongie that will fetch me.”

I return to the living room with mineral water. I put down the water at the table and sit down at the end of sofa that Jae Oppa lying,leaning my head at the header. Jae Oppa smiles when he saw me pouting.

“ I’m busy chagiya. You know right?”

“ I know Oppa, you always say that you will fetch me, but it will ended up with Yong sleepy face. He will nag at me continuously and scolded me for not bringing my car.”

“He nag at you? How dare him do that at his hyungsoo? I will give him a beating later okay princess.”

“Oppa, that’s not what I mean. Poor him, I often scolded him too.”

“ You scold him? Ahh I’m jelous. You never scold me, just complaining. And I can count how many times you complain after 6 years. I thought that you can’t scold anyone.”

I giggled at his statement. He was laughing too.

“ I think Yonghwa is the only person that had been scolded by me oppa.”

“ I think so. Sometimes he gets on your nerve right? Hahaha.”

Yes. He is the only person who get scolded by me. Maybe because I don’t have many friends and he is my bestest friend. He get all the treatment. Suddenly Jae Oppa rise up. He kissed my forehead and stand up while stretching. He bend down at me, and look straight to my eyes.

“Shin, I think I’m going to shower first. My body feel sore. Can you pleaseee make me a cup of coffee? Please princess.”

There he go, always makes my heart flutter. How can I ignore his request if he plead like that.

“ Fine oppa. I’ll make you one. “

“ That’s my sweety. I’ll take a quick shower okay.”

He peck my lower lip before he went inside his room. I make my way to the kitchen and make him a cup of coffee.

When I put some coffee powder in the cup, someone hug me from behind. It was Jae Oppa. who else can it be when I was in his house.

“Oppa, your coffee is almost finish. Go sit down in front. Should we make dinner or do you want to call for delivery?”

“Let’s stay like this for a while Shin. I always dreaming on having you in my kitchen whenever I came out from shower. Hugging you like this while savouring your scent.”

He kissed my hair and tighten his hug on my waist. I let him hug me for a while. I starts making his coffee with him still hugging me.

“Coffee ready Oppa.”

“Hmm.”

He answered and snuggling his nose in my hair.

“It will turn cold Oppa. You won’t like it then.”

Jae Oppa chuckled and kiss my shoulder before he release me. He took his coffee and smell it.

“Your coffee is the best. I will never get tired of it princess.”

I smiled.  He sips his coffee like in a commercial. I laugh at the sight.

“You should be a model or actor with your face Oppa. You will gain many fans.”

I said and walks out of the kitchen. Jae Oppa laugh and follow my steps.

“But I will never ask you to be in TV princess.”

I furrowed by brow.

“Wae Oppa?”

“Because I will die in jealousy.”

He laughed and sips his coffee again. I frowned. Why did I feel uneasy when he say about dying. I know he is joking, but still my heart can take it.

“Oppa. don’t say things about dying. I don’t like it.”

“I’m joking princess. That’s just how I express my undying love for you. I can’t wait to make you mine.”

“I know. I just don’t like the word.”

“Everybody will die sooner or later princess. Don’t think too much about that. So, want to eat now?”

Jae Oppa asked smiling. I just nods my head and let him decide our dinner.