His Past, Their Connections.

Be My Wife

The last class ended with the teacher give us an assignment. Another assignment to go. God, I’ve got 3 assignment to finish in two weeks only. It will be a very tiring week I guess.

“Shin, remember to come to the soccer field later.”

“ I will Yongie. I’ve promised right.”

“ See you later, bye.”

He looks energetic after I told him about Jae Oppa during break. He looks satisfied with my long explanations. He says that he know I will make the right decision and he will support me and Jae Oppa. Surprisingly, he didn’t ask more about Jae Oppa. Maybe he will ask me later.

I pack my books and grab my bag heading to the library. I spend around an hour searching for the books that I needed before I  walk to the the soccer training field. I search for a nice spot that I can see Yonghwa and settle down. When I arrived, I saw them doing their stretch up before they ran around the field. He waved at me. I smiled,waved back and I took  a book and started to write important notes that I needed for the history assignment.

“Hi princess.”

“I look behind and saw Jaejoong smiling face. When did he came here?”

“You startled me Oppa. How do you know I’m here? When did you arrive? I didn’t realize.”

“Slow down there.You know I’m your stalker right.” He say  while laughing heartily.

“Stalker? Yeah right Mr. Stalker. When did you arrive?”

“I arrive around (looking at his watch) 20 minutes ago. I saw your serious face while wrinkle you nose once in a while when you go through the book. I just want to treasure your face expression as long as I could. But I also want to talk to you. That’s why I decides to interrupted you. Are you angry?“

He asks innocently.

“Hahaha. You really cannot make me angry oppa. How can I get mad at simple things like this”

“ You are right. I have been watching you for long, But never once I saw you lose patience towards anyone. Even with the annoying rebellious junior students.Wae? “

“ I just don’t know how to scold people Oppa. “

“ Really? That’s new Princess. By the way, why are you here? It’s not really a comfortable place to study. You should just study in the library.”

“I came to see Yonghwa training. He ask me to come. What about you? Why did you suddenly came here? “

“ Of course I came to see you.”

“Hehehe. Do you want me to believe that? Why are you here Oppa?”

“Nothing. I was walking towards the school entrance when I saw a familiar face here. That’s why I came to you. Luckily I watch around. If not, I will be heartbroken when I can’t find you in front.”

“ Oppa, you can call me right? But it’s good that you come here. You can meet him.”

“Him?”

“Yes oppa. You can meet Yong. I talked about him many times to you right. He is important to me too. Just like you. Hehehe.”

“Ahh. It’s a relieve that you say as important as me. If you say he is more important, I’ll kidnap you right away. Kekekeke.”

“ Uhh I’m so afraid. Hehehe.”

“Hello there. Whats so funny?”

“Yong!! I want you to meet Jaejoong oppa. Oppa , this is Yonghwa. Yonghwa,this is Jaejoong oppa.”

“Heyy silly. I’ve known him longer than you.”

“Ehh. You know each other?”

“Yes we are. You didn’t tell her hyung?”

“Hyung? whats going on here? Did both of you really know each other?”

“Yes Shinnie, he is my cousin.”

“Cousin?? Oppa is your cousin Yong?”

 “Why you didn’t ever mention oppa?”

“SURPRISE!! Kekeke.”

“I know many things about you from him. Apart from stalking.” They both laughing.

“Ok, I’m really confuse now. So,you both are cousin? I know Yong’s cousin live with him. but I don’t know its you. I never see you when I came to his house.”

“I’m hiding. Hehehe. “

“Hiding? Why?”

“I just want to know you better before I confess. “

“So, did he tell you that I admire you? Ahh. I’m so embarrassed.”

“What? You admire who?”

“I didn’t tell him that chagiya.”

Oppss!! I can feel that I’m blushing now. My secret flew away. I can’t even catch it now. I can see Jaejoong oppa smiling. So, this is the reason Yonghwa didn’t ask me more about Jae Oppa. They are related. How can’t I think about that? Yonghwa is really protective(apart from my Oppa) when it came to boyfriend. He once tell me that my future boyfriend must get his approval first.

“I know now why you accept me in a short time.”

“So he is the hero that you’ve been telling me huh?”

There they go again. I don’t know where I want to hide my face. i just keep silent. Yes silent is the best when handling them. My bestfriend and my boyfriend.

“Stop teasing her Yong. Ahhh I’m so happy because my girlfriend feel that I’m her hero. It feels great you know.”

“Eyy hyung. I wont be cheesy like you lover boy. I don’t want to be tied up to someone right now. She will just nag at me all the time. Don’t do this. Don’t do that. Ooohhh scary you know.”

We just laugh at Yonghwa reaction. His expression is priceless. Like the girl will strangle him. On the other hand I’m relieve that Yong is Jae oppa’s cousin. There is no way one of them will feel I put them aside.

“You should continue your training now Yong. Leave me alone with my girlfriend now. Such a disturbance.”

Jae oppa pretend to be angry while saying that.

“Hyung! how dare you.” They punch each other playfully before Yonghwa wink and run to the field.

“He is such a sweet boy Shin. I love him so much. I don’t have any other sibling you know. When my family moved here from Italy, my loneliness is filled with him. You can say that I’m such a boring guy before. I don’t really know how to smile. I grew up alone with my maid and nanny.  My parents were too busy to take care of me. I just see them once in a while. If im lucky I can spend  5 minutes with them at the dining table while having breakfast. I cant remember their face if I didn’t see their picture.”

“Are you serious Oppa?”

“Yes. They always running for work. I didn’t have the chance to study in a school, I don’t have friends. My parents hire teachers and tutors to give me private lessons at home. I was trained to be a businessman since I know how to speak.”

I can see his sad eyes. He really had bad childhood experiences. I took his left hand and squeeze it a little. Conveying my sincerity. He put a bitter smile as he cover my hand with his right hand.

“When they decide to come to our hometown, I’m very happy. But my happiness didn’t last long. Both of them died in car accident. And I must take the responsibilities of our family business after I graduate later. Right now, when other as my age enjoy their lives playing around happily, I have to face many obstacle in front of me.”

“You really go through hard time oppa.”

“I am. But Yong always give me reason to smile. Apart from you, he is my reason to smile and be happy. I just cannot imagine my life without both of you. You two are my strength.”

 He say as he  watch Yonghwa strike a goal.

“He is a talented striker right princess?”

I followed his view and saw Yonghwa celebrate his goal as always.

“Yes he is.”

I answer  casually. My mind still cannot imagine  the hardness that a 19 years old boy had gone through. He is really a brave and tough boy.

“You are really great oppa.”

“Im not Shinnie. Im still a child that need parents attention. Eventough I didn’t get any before. I miss them so much.”

He tries to fight his tears. I feel like crying but I hold it in. I must be strong for him.

“But I think that you are perfect oppa.”

“From outside maybe yes. But I’m very weak inside. Yonghwa is the one who teach me about love. He teach me how to smile again. He is a dongsaeng that I don’t want to lose.”

He really mean it when he say he loves him. I can see through his eyes.  Yonghwa always talk about his favourite hyung too. I know how much he loves Jae Oppa. He often say he  wants to be cool like him. He talks about Jae Oppa more than himself. They are siblings by heart.

“Oppa, I can understand your feeling. Although I never experience the same fate as you, but I know you can go through all this. You have me and Yongie with you.”

 I give him a hug and pat his back to give him a little comfort.

“Shinhye ya!”

Yonghwa’s scream make us broke the hug.

 “It is time for you to go home right? Let’s get going. Come on hyung.”

I glance at my watch. Its 15 minutes past 5.

“Oh my, im late. Come let’s go.”

I pick up my books and bag and run towards  the school. They run behind me.

“Slow down princess.”

"You can’t win if you compete with her in marathon hyung. she is too fast.”

“ She is indeed really fast Yong.”

“Come fast hyung.”

When I arrive at the school gate, my mother had been waiting for me. When I approach her, she looks worried. I feel  guilty.

"Annyeonghaseyo eomonim."

Jae oppa greet my mom while catching his breath.

"Sorry eomonim, I'm the reason for Shinhye's lateness."

“Omo my favourite athlete is here too. I only can see handsome boy recently. It’s alright Yonghwa ya. So how is your training today? When is the competition?”

“It will be next week. Quite nervous. Hehehehe.”

“Don’t be dear. You can do it boy. Just stay focus.”

“I will eomonim. Thank you very much.”

“Shall we go home dear?”

“Okay mom. Lets go.”

“Goodbye oppa. Goodbye Yong. See you tomorrow.”

“See you princess.”

“See u Shinnie.”